[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If America is mainly a "consumer economy" how does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: GDP-world-ranking-2014.jpg (51KB, 477x438px) Image search: [Google]
GDP-world-ranking-2014.jpg
51KB, 477x438px
If America is mainly a "consumer economy" how does our GDP double that of the cucks making our toys? Where is the money coming from?
>>
>>1001643
We have value, at least in the eyes of the other nations.
We trade that value for their value.
Consumption = production. We just measure consumption because production is harder to measure.

We don't produce a whole lot of tangible "goods" but our services keep the money flowing. A service based economy is the healthy destiny of most post-industrial economies, but of course any real gains are from the productivity increase.

Bascically the system works so don't question it.

Also, those cucks are 4/7ths our size. Not one half.
>>
>>1001649
Cuck is no longer kek?!
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 1136x640px
>>1001657
You are still a cuck.
>>
>>1001649
I guess I'm not understanding how we have such a massive GDP and at the same time a trade deficit. Are we essentially just moneterizing thin air and buying stuff with it?
>>
File: 1448257738306.png (690KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1448257738306.png
690KB, 640x640px
>>1001723
gdp rises whenever you take more debt. also, usa counts public sector workers in gdp twice. that means under obama the debt and public sector have huge impact on rising gdp numbers
>>
We are a Service economy.
We export services.
>>
>>1001723
Services. Americans are, by and large, very educated and dedicated to various consumer services that other countries aren't. For instance, lawyers don't produce a good, but do translate their knowledge, education, and reputation into a marketable service which is then paid by clients.

Imagine a household that produces no concrete goods. However, the household has the mother and father as doctors. They trade their medical services despite not providing any concrete goods for money which is then used to purchase consumables and durables. So, the household is running a "trade deficit" but also can afford to consume everything they need and (knowing doctor's salaries) probably are among the richest in the neighborhood.
>>
>>1001643
From other countries dummy. The US has high GDP because it imports so much more product than it produces and refines/packages/markets it into its' own production. This is a dependent GDP, it depends on other countries insulating the USD with export and investment in exchange for fixed interest and leverage.

And people thought the Fed wouldn't raise rates....
>>
File: 1448574063925.jpg (21KB, 534x516px) Image search: [Google]
1448574063925.jpg
21KB, 534x516px
>>1001739
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/usa/#Exports

u export same stuff 3rd world countries export because you have moved the factories to china
>>
>>1001723
The US is a huge producer of goods and services. However, on a net basis, it doesn't produce enough for itself so it must run a deficit to bring net goods and services in from overseas.

Look at the US quality of lifestyle (specifically at the government sector) compared to China. That's why US consumption is way higher.
>>
>>1001742
I expected January tbqh.
>>
>>1001744
Yep but since we are so big and we have decent control of financial markets the cucks are willing to finance our trade deficit and buy our dollars.

Either way we have a service economy, China has a production economy. We produce value in services and trade that for material goods. It's a fair trade because it is made.

But is it fair to say America's economic strength is 7 trillion dollars stronger than China's? Absolutely not. Based upon PPP China has a larger market share of the world economy, and that explains why a slowdown in China has cratered commodities to 1999 levels.
>>
>>1001746
I expected September but the hawks wanted to bring in the Christmas surprise I guess.

>>1001760
>Either way we have a service economy, China has a production economy. We produce value in services and trade that for material goods. It's a fair trade because it is made.
Fair because we pay interest and maintain a deficit massive enough for China to struggle maintaining by itself.
>>
>>1001643
wow this must be bait
>>
S E R V I C E S
E
R
V
I
C
E
S
>>
>>1001643
Go look at the difference between gdp and gnp
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.