[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /Can't focus on tasks/ here? I keep making extensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: crying-man-2.jpg (55KB, 559x372px) Image search: [Google]
crying-man-2.jpg
55KB, 559x372px
Who /Can't focus on tasks/ here?

I keep making extensive goals for myself and promising I'll work hard but the next day I'm just too tired and can't stay focused. I keep getting distracted for what needs to be done... How do you guys stay focused and keep your day as close to 100% productive as possible?
>>
try r9k
>>
Proper sleep, healthy diet, clean workspace
>>
>>1001059
This and add excercise. These are the basics. When you have this in place you can build on that.

I am thinking that maybe what set out to do does not engage you emotionally. It sounds good when you plan it but when it comes to doing it your energy is gone. One reason for this could be that you deep down inside think that you will not achieve the goal so why even try. I mean if you don't start you will never have to deal with the failure of not reaching the goal.

If you are focusing on the wrong thing you have to keep on searching for something that will engage you emotionally. When you find it you will not have problems getting to work the day after the plan. Maybe you are setting goals for yourself to make a lot of money but maybe that is not your thing. Maybe your thing is to help others who are less fortunate than you. Maybe you belong in an NGO instead of the business world.

Another alternative could be that you are goal setter and not a goal reacher. You like to make plans for the sake of making plans, not to reach them. This basically means you are boss material and you should make plans and set goals that others will reach. You will just check if the goals are reached.
>>
>>1001045
If you don't want to do a job, you're afraid of trying and failing. By not really trying you can keep your ego safe with the idea that you could do wonderful things if only you applied yourself. Don't do this.
>>
Not OP but I'm like this I would say. Always have thoughts/goals/ideas that never get started or never completed and i just waste time.

How can I stop this? Help myself? I really want to change but I'm useless and I feel like a waste and talentless.
>>
>>1001116
I'm the same way. I keep telling myself I'm depressed, I'm a loser and that I can't do anything right ever and that I'm not cut out to be as good as the rest of everyone

I guess whenever I have my bouts of motivation I think of it like: I'm sick and tired of being sad, I need to pick myself up and there's no point in not trying since I don't really have anything to lose. If you devalue everything you own in order to push yourself, you really don't have much to lose. Your ego and personality sucks anyways, so you can't lose on that...

But I can never find a way to fully motivate myself for longer than a few minutes.
>>
>>1001045
Maybe you don't have the skills to do what you want to do. You think you do. You think that motivation and hard work will get you there. But maybe you lack the skills. Maybe you have 70% of the skills that are required but you think you got 100%. This is true if you are trying to do something that you have not done before.
>>
File: keanu-reeves-whoa.jpg (11KB, 299x274px) Image search: [Google]
keanu-reeves-whoa.jpg
11KB, 299x274px
>>1001089
>>
To stay focused, you have to first get rid of all distractions. Be sure to Focus on one thing at a time. Try checking this articles to motivate you to be focused - http://www.g-tome.com/warren-buffett-and-bill-gates-agree-this-factor-was-most-important-for-their-success/
or
http://www.g-tome.com/6-qualities-all-highly-successful-people-have-in-common/
or simply go straight to the site to help you achieve your fullest potential - http://www.g-tome.com
>>
>>1001045
I take medication. I was diagnosed in high school with ADD and took meds and got shit done. I stopped taking them for years but once I started university I hit a wall. I was taking tough courses and would spend the whole day "working" on them to get a fraction of what I should have done, but that day I'd learn a lot about random shit that pops into my head and I'd research extensively for hours. Started taking ADD meds again and my grades shot up, I actually get everything done that I need to, no time gets wasted unless I decide I want to take a break and relax. I can often sit and work for basically 14 hours straight only needing to eat or do a little exercise here and there.
Maybe consider that.
Also don't put things off. If you know you have to do something just do it now, don't put it of because you'll feel worse off. If you keep getting things done it'll help your motivation and self esteem to continue that success going forward.
>>
>>1001045
>$80k-$120k salary
>job so easy I do close to nothing most days
>I could extend myself, go above and beyond, surpass all expectations and be a phenomenal person
>But the monetary incentive doesn't change
I have literally nothing to do most days except feel guilty for getting paid.
>>
>>1001487
Hello, me.

The worst part is how customized my system is, I'm the head honcho admin at my work but if I get laid off I'm basically a rusty college grad.
>>
>>1001487
my job is the same, except I make half as much

there's no room for advancement if I try harder, and I won't be making any more money so I just do fuck all
>>
how much caffeine are do you drink?
>>
I feel like my life could be fixed if I give up 4chan and internet recreation, which will also help me give up 4hcan and coffee (I already have goals, an exercise routine, and reading in place).

I really feel like I have potential. I just can't bear to give up 4chan because I have no irl friends and 4chan is unironically the best place on the internet
>>
>>1001487
Mind telling us what job you have?
>>
>>1001631
there's an add-on called leechblock. go get it and add 4chin to the block list. do it right now.
One month without this place to get it out of your system.
>>
>>1001673

when I'm on 4chan, obviously the easy lols that are always one click away, are what keep me on.

But when I'm off it, i'm not desperately thinking "oh i sure do need some lols from my favourite 4chan boards"

Normally I'm thinking "if I was TRULY strong willed, I could use 4chan in my spare time (bus, gym, at work during breaks) and then go and become productive when I am sitting at my desk".

So to give up 4chan would be an admission of having a weak will.
>>
>>1001765
there are decent boards on 4chan too (/biz/ is not one of them), so browsing them is not necessarily bad imo
>>
>>1001673
Don't follow this trash advice
4chan isn't the problem, just a temporary fix to something fundamental to human character
>>
>>1001765
Will is a muscle. You've let it atrophy. Just 1 moment of will is all you need to free yourself.

All those moments where your mental cycles are like I need those dank memes. It could be thinking up the next way to snag $100 bucks.
>>
>>1001770
>there are decent boards on 4chan too (/biz/ is not one of them), so browsing them is not necessarily bad imo

No there isn't. You're just convincing yourself there is to cope with your addiction.

Remember, the first step is ADMITTING you have a problem.
>>
>>1001788
well I consider /trv/ to be my homeboard and honestly, there's probably no place on the internet that has more information on travel and more interesting stories than there.
>>
>>1001770
>here are decent boards on 4chan too
this is only true until you have spent at least 2 hours on any board
then you begin to recognize the shitposting that makes up 85% of posts
>>
>>1001792
>this is only true until you have spent at least 2 hours on any board
>then you begin to recognize the shitposting that makes up 85% of posts

This.

Literally any other resource is a better source of information than 4chan. Smaller subreddits and specialized forums for example a perfect example, there you will find smart people who will actually help you, albeit slower replies but you can assured they won't be responding with memes.
>>
So no ways to overcome this dofuckingnothing disease?
>>
Order stimulant research chemicals from the internet
>>
>>1001465
>I was taking tough courses and would spend the whole day "working" on them to get a fraction of what I should have done, but that day I'd learn a lot about random shit that pops into my head and I'd research extensively for hours.
Oh god, this is basically me. I cant focus on this boring ass work and in a matter of minutes will find myself researching something totally unrelated, usually unproductively.

I really don't believe in this ADD/ADHD bullshit but I definitely have a problem with homework and tests especially. even when I try and physically force myself to focus it doesnt work
>>
>>1002499
>>1002470
Maybe you guys are just like George Hotz. Says he sucked at school (presumably for similar reasons) until he discovered science fairs/competitions, then was first to crack the iphone and ps3, did some work for facebook/google/elon musk but found the jobs stifling so quit after a few months.

Not everyone enjoys reading dry texts and doing dry problem sets. Some people need to make things.
>>
File: 1400834314079.jpg (555KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1400834314079.jpg
555KB, 1920x1080px
There are so many distractions nowadays it's so hard to focus, especially when you work from anywhere (including home).

I'm actually surprised people get work done in companies, or maybe they don't really know, I'm not sure.

If you guys know how to regain FOCUS and DISCIPLINE I'm very interested as well.

Fuck I used to be n°1 at my school and super ambitious, now I'm in a rut with my business and burning out, I'm struggling.
>>
You too >>1002744
>>
File: No Complaining Meditation.jpg (109KB, 536x524px) Image search: [Google]
No Complaining Meditation.jpg
109KB, 536x524px
>>1001045
>>1001059

Wake up before 7, eat vegan, live minimal.

Laugh for no reason
Do not complain
>>
>>1004257
>I expect nothing and I still feel disappointed.jpg
>>
>>1004257
That's like what Tony Robbins says to do. He also says to find something every day to be grateful for. I think it was more for overcoming depression and getting a positive attitude but it's good advice.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.