[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would a potential employer ask for my current salary AFTER

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 001.jpg (423KB, 834x1200px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
423KB, 834x1200px
Why would a potential employer ask for my current salary AFTER giving me a formal offer. What are they trying to pull?
Should I give it to them?

Pic related it's anime.
>>
uh. if you want the job? yeah you give it to them.

it should be pretty obvious but you dont want to hear it, they want to gauge your salary based on your personal experience as opposed to industry median. doesnt mean what they offer will be set in stone, though, just means you need to negotiate and fight for it.
>>
>>1000652
>they want to gauge your salary based on your personal experience as opposed to industry median
You didn't read. They've already given me a formal offer in writing (with a dollar amount tied to it).
>>
Simply apologize and say you would prefer to keep this professional.

http://dropcanvas.com/zpf5p

see dreamjob in the links above.
>>
>>1000664
>They've already given me a formal offer in writing (with a dollar amount tied to it).

you didnt write. ive had formal offers where the salary was negotiated after the fact

fuck off you pompous ass, the answer is even more obvious then. if you want help dont patronize people that take a moment to wipe your ass for you
>>
>>1001115
>fuck off you pompous ass, the answer is even more obvious then. if you want help dont patronize people that take a moment to wipe your ass for you
Did I hurt your feelings? Go back to reddit nerd.
>>
>>1000647

Give it to them, you can always refuse if they jew you on the salary offer for this job.

If they're the kind of company to really, really jew on a salary, you don't want to work with them anyway.
>>
>>1001813
>someone calling someone on 4chan a nerd
Never change...
>>
It might be that HR wants data. If it is already formalized then they can't renegade on their offer.
>>
Can't you just lie about this kind of thing? I mean, the way I see it is that they have no right or ability to check against what you say. So, whatever reason they want it is effectively BS, so just give them BS. Why not take what you actually get and add 5k or so for "breathing room"?

Am I full of shit here?
>>
>>1002237
probs this. They probably forgot to ask like they were supposed to and someone is trying to cover their ass.

It's a question they ask because they can, not because they have the have to- because of this you can say something to the tune of "aproximately _____" and pad your salary by a few grand and see how they react.
>>
>>1002258

Pretty much this. Say something like "right around XXX" (where XXX is the offered salary +5k) and then smile and say "But there is less stress and the benefits are better here"
>>
Just say whatever double the offer is. Everyone dreams of more, may as well be honest
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.