[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend and I are going to Europe for the first time next week.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

My friend and I are going to Europe for the first time next week. We're going to London, Paris, and Berlin.

One thing I keep hearing about from EVERYBODY is to be weary of gypsies. Are they really that bad? Also some other scams/shit we should watch out for while there?
>>
>>2186967
>going to 2 of Europe's shittiest city's
I understand London but Berlin an Paris?
Do you WANT to get robbed?
>>
>>2186967
Paris is riddled with scam artists. They are in major German cities, too. But it's nowhere near as bad as in Paris
>>
>>2186967
not in those areas
whatever you do, stay towards areas with cops, the rats won't come out then
also keep your hand on your wallet at all times
I've got Hungarian family, and when they/we come over, I always hear about the filthy roma
>>
File: 1486411480903.jpg (19KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1486411480903.jpg
19KB, 512x512px
>>2186967
> exclusively visiting capitols
How ̶r̶e̶t̶a̶r̶d̶e̶d̶ American of you
>>
>>2186967
RIP, OP will die a nonvirgin but only because he was raped by a Somolian before being blown apart by an IED
>>
File: 150533205723.jpg (138KB, 898x918px) Image search: [Google]
150533205723.jpg
138KB, 898x918px
>>2187016
>>
>>2186980
It's the first trip to Europe so I figured it would be best to get them out of the way.

>>2186981
I see. I heard that Berlin was relatively safe though. Is there a lot of migrants there?

>>2186983
I plan on having a jacket with an inside pocket to keep my wallet in.
>>
>>2187032
>Is there a lot of migrants there?
I only experienced Berlin from inside a car while driving through it. But you can bet your ass there are a lot there. How they can afford to live in Berlin, though, I don't know
>>
>>2187039
Ah yes I remember. There are lot of gyppos that try to wash your car without asking and then demand money.
One was washing my windshield so I told him "verpiss dich" while he put his hand through the windows so he could get paid. Fucking assholes
>>
>>2187001
Well they're only going to get worse as the years go by, might as well see them now.
>>
>>2187039
>How they can afford to live in Berlin, though, I don't know
you know all those taxes you pay?
>>
>>2187032
good luck
but try visiting ayr, nice, and münich instead
a lot better
>>
>>2187063
That's retarded
> I could be having fun
> But instead I'm gonna do this thing
> Because I'm supposed to
>>
>>2187060
They got similar people like that in the US as well.
One time I was in Chicago some guy tried shining my shoes while I was talking to someone. I moved away and he started getting mad.
>>
>>2187074
Actually have Nice, Munich, and Hamburg planned for the 2nd trip.

>>2187078
>Implying I actually don't want to go see shit in Paris and Berlin
>>
File: 1505330891930.png (70KB, 593x717px) Image search: [Google]
1505330891930.png
70KB, 593x717px
>>2187071
>>
>>2187110
It's not worth it, all I'm saying. Much more worth checking out the less tourist dense shitholes. But hey, you do you
>>
>>2187125
Leave suggestions intead of being mean.
Sluis, Bruges and Salzburg are beautiful.
>>
>>2187125
I know what you're saying. I live in NYC and avoid shit like Times Square and all that.

On a different note, where would you recommend to go in Belgium?
>>
>>2187123
is that your wife's boyfriend?
>>
they stole my shoes once, got no proof but they're the prime suspects. not even shitposting btw that whole day was weird as fuck and these shoes were kinda cool I was mad when they disappeard
>>
>>2187151
Honestly I'm not too sure. Bruges and Ypres pull a lot of tourism but they're nowhere near the degen level of Brussels. Ypres particularly is one of my favorites, nice people, very comfy. It's the archetypical medieval town refurbished into the modern era. Bruges I hear has a lot of nice places to eat out
>>
>>2187253
my grandpa was in the battle of ypres
>>
>>2187255
Poor guy.
Did he die?
I can go put some flowers on his grave if you want to.
>>
>>2187262
nah, he was able to survive
he served with the krauts tho
>>
>>2187226
How'd they steal your shoes?

>>2187253
I'll add Ypres and Bruges to my list for next time. Thanks for the tips!
>>
>>2187255
Yeah I think lots of Americans go there to see the war monuments and graves. Actually I think during 2014-2018 Ypres has been doing a whole centennial memorial thing with extra focus on the whole deal
>>
File: IMG_9505.png (147KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9505.png
147KB, 220x220px
>>2187284
If you go do not forget do drink this.
Heaven in a bottle.
Also lots of Japanese tourists in Bruges.
They aren't loud or anything but maybe you don't like them.
>>
>>2187333
I definitely will.

I actually lived in Japan for a couple years when I was a kid because of my dad's job so no problem at all.
>>
Berlin has been shit for decades now. Go to somewhere in the West/South for actual Germany. Heidelberg is my personal favorite.
>>
>>2187439
What would you recommend in Heidelberg?
>>
>>2187284
I dunno desu. One day I got out with some friends for lunch, it was a rainy day, I came back home in the afternoon for like one hour, I let my shoes in front of the door as usual, it was raining anyway, what the fuck could happen?
Well between one and two hour max later I tried going out again, I'm still looking for my shoes.

I suspect them because I never had a problem with that kind of stuff and some gypsies started living in my town like one week before my shoes were stolen.

Other than that some people are pretty paranoid about them in Europe but if you follow the general gidelines about big cities gypsies won't be a pb in France, unless you fuck their sisters
>>
>>2187333
> This kills the burger
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.