[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just took in a stray cat it's like 1 week old...what should

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: images.jpg (16KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
16KB, 450x300px
Just took in a stray cat it's like 1 week old...what should I give him to eat...and I already have a bigger cat and that fker is attacking him...help pls...
>>
with it being 1 week old you would want to use kitten formula. as for the other cat attacking it you may want to keep it in the bathroom or some place safe. i think at 1 week it will need to be fed ever 3-4 hours i could be wrong you will need to google a feeding chart.
>>
File: ermahfergingerd.jpg (713KB, 900x670px) Image search: [Google]
ermahfergingerd.jpg
713KB, 900x670px
http://www.vetstreet.com/kitten-basics-101-taking-care-of-your-new-kitten

Go to the closest pet store and pick up some formula, try to bring the kitten with you so that they can also try to determine the age as well as help you get the proper items you'll need for its care.

Also a pic of the little snugglefuck would be nice
>>
>>745118711
Nope. This guy is right. You need to feed the cat with Kitten formula every 3-4 hours. Also make sure the cat is warm, when I've raised the strays I've found I've kept them on my chest with a towel so that they're always warm. Especially make sure that they're warm at night.

Also when you feed the lil guy you need to make sure he gets enough, the people at the pet stores (where they have kitten formula) probably know what and how to do things and if they don't, they will know who to contact.
>>
First of all you should always keep cats separate when introducing a new one. It's for the safety of both. You don't want your adult cat attacking the baby and you don't know if your baby has FIV/feline leukemia or an upper respiratory infection (or anything else). Wash your hands, especially after handling baby.
You want to make baby a box with a heating pad and towels.
Be prepared for around the clock feeding. Use a powdered kitten formula and syringe. Check feeding guides online but a 1 week old needs feeding every 3 hours. AROUND THE CLOCK. Skipping or over feeding leads to diarrhea. A cat this young also can't potty on its own yet and you have to rub their genitals after feeding.
>>
>>745119250
That last one feels like a lie....
>>
>>745119325
It comes as a surprise to some people that newborn kittens actually do not go to the bathroom on their own – their mother licks them to stimulate elimination and urination, and to keep them nice and clean. You will need to mimic this behavior by stimulating the kittens with a warm, wet cloth at each feeding.
My mother is a vet and I foster cats.
>>
>>745119325
Nah he isn't lying
Just make sure you do it over something it can pee on because it'll shit and piss while being stimulated
>>
>>745119250
Listen to this man. He speaks the truth. Just use a wet towel (OBS make sure it's "skin"-warm)
>>
>>745118475
Can we see the baby kitty :) ?
>>
If you need any help my kik is poopdawhoop and can be reached there. I'm a grizzled internet veteran and oldfag but animals and fostering kitties are my one weakness. Any pictures of the baby? Would be helpful in determining age.
>>
>>745119325
Nope not a lie. Its the same with young puppies as well.
Its gross but it could literally kill them if not done
>>
post a pic of kitten and good luck to both of you <3
>>
>>745118711
This. Kitten formula, frequently, make sure they stay warm. Keep the kitten in a separate room from your cat.

They'll eventually get along, but for now priority #1 is being mom to your kitten: kitten formula and warmth.

Good luck with your growing cat family!
>>
File: Kitten hugs their cat toy.gif (1023KB, 372x242px) Image search: [Google]
Kitten hugs their cat toy.gif
1023KB, 372x242px
>>745119510
This too. Food that goes in has to come out, so your kitten needs help with elimination too. (Thought about including this in my previous post, guess I should have.)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.