[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bitcoin fags BTFO http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/12/inv esting

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (6KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 259x194px
Bitcoin fags BTFO
http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/12/investing/jamie-dimon-bitcoin/index.html

"Dimon, speaking at a Barclays investment conference Tuesday, said he supported blockchain technology for tracking payments but that trading bitcoin itself was against the bank's rules. He added that bitcoin was "stupid" and "far too dangerous.""
>>
File: Screenshot_4.jpg (23KB, 644x246px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.jpg
23KB, 644x246px
>>745042016
This is why none of that matters.
>>
A buddy of mine is trying to get me into bitcoin. I'm pretty hesitant as I don't want to invest into something that could go south so quickly.
>>
>>745043950
It's going to go a lot more north than south for several more years, it's a self fulfilling trajectory that is harder to board every day because who tf can afford a $4k bitcoin? It's for people with money now.
>>
question for you: the OP mentioned tracking payments, but one of Bitcoins biggest features is that its all traded completely anonymously, do you think its value would plummet if the world somehow decided (and enforced) openness on bitcoin transactions?
>>
One Bitcoin brokerage and trading company folded yesterday with losses of millions. Investors lost everything.

It's the wild west; another way for rich people to take money off those with less money
>>
>>745042016
Of course a banker is threatened and actively fighting the source of his demise.
>>
>>745043844
Tell me something. Why do you think the value of Bitcoin is increasing, as shown in your graph? How is it creating value?
>>
>>745043844
Boiler-rooms post similar graphs for their penny stocks. That never ends well for investors
>>
>>745043844
Two words faggot....Tulip Mania
>>
>>745043844
There is nothing tying bitcoins to real money. They only increased in value through hype. It's a pump and dump scam. They also attract a criminal element that uses them to move money. When it goes south the regular people will be the ones that lose out.
>>
>>745045209
Real money isn't real. The only thing that gives bitcoin or money any value is that people believe it has value. It's all just pretend.
>>
>>745045438
It's all tied to the public's belief and trust of its continued value. There a huge fucking difference between bitcoin, a newer digital untested currency, and the USD which just so happens to the be world reserve currency.

Bitcoin can suck a fat one.
>>
>>745045526
I find your emotional response amusing.
>>
>>745045438
Fexcept it had central banks behind it, plus the beleif of the markets in the solvency of countries and the actions their governments will take. Whilst that's imperfect, but the only possible valuation criterion for Bitcoin appears to be scarcity.
>>
>>745045637
I HAVE NO HAPPY MEDIUM
>>
>>745045651
I think there are very few people and no people who know anything about economics who are suggesting that bitcoin should replace dollars as the world's currency. It's just another thing. I think it is useful because it reminds the government that if they crank up taxes too much people will find ways around it.
>>
>>745045637
If you're an investor, I find your impending impoverishment equally amusing
>>
>>745045823
Okay? I guess you should invest in something else then. I don't have a position in bitcoin. I'm just always amused by how angry it seems to make people, I have a friend who is the same. He goes on and on about "buttcoin" and says how stupid everyone is for using it. It seems to be a personal affront to some people for whatever reason that it even exists.
>>
>>745042016
>CNN

I'd confirm that's actually what he said.
>>
>>745044493
Nah bro the big firms have big, long positions pn btc and others. They're making a lot more on this than you or anyone else reading this. Btc long is literally the trade most common amongst all firms right now.

Dimon'a either genuinely worried about stability in light of new laws for btc, or trying to make headwind so he can pick up more at a cheaper price. Either could be true, but btc is no way going to do the banks in. The btc runup is entirely due to them buying in.
>>
>>745046175
There is no stability, it's unregulated. Now some governments are starting to add regulations so that could cause value to drop. It's also now known as the preferred currency of the North Korean regime. That never works out well for anything. There is nothing protecting bit coins value, someone could create a new currency tomorrow and everyone will ditch bitcoin and move to it.
>>
>>745046720
I don't hold a position in btc, and I won't be taking one. But, why hasn't the drop already happened, given that lots of other cryptos have come out in the last few years?
>>
>>745046720
So, if North Korea starts investing in USD we should drop it? Dumb argument.
>>
>>745047273
The problem is, it will attract regulation and attention. Bitcoins main attraction for people with money is that it's anonymous. If it starts attracting government attention people will go elsewhere, leaving average bitcoin people holding the bag.
>>
>>745042016
buying and selling bitcoin to make money has nothing to do with how bitcoin was designed. it's irrelevant.
>>
>>745043950
getting into bitcoin is not investing in it. it's using it. you and your friend are dumb.
>>
>>745044436
good. it's not meant to be used that way
>>
File: 1503966317008.png (51KB, 183x183px) Image search: [Google]
1503966317008.png
51KB, 183x183px
>>745042016
>technoLOGy
>>
>>745045209
There is a cryptographically secure algorithm limiting the amount of bitcoins that can exist at any one time. With "real" money you're putting all of your faith in the banks to not print too much new cash and make your life savings worthless. Bitcoin is safer and more intrinsically valuable than cash will ever be.
>>
>>745047991
Do you have a bot that does this for you or do you actually spend time searching every thread for "log"
>>
File: fact.png (210KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fact.png
210KB, 500x500px
>>745048561
>>745048561
Do you have a bot click on the "I am 18+" notification on the main page or does your mom do it for you?
>>
>Can't put it in a bank
>No insurance if it's stolen

No thanks.
>>
>>745048561
so here is the background on this so-called 'meme'
==================
It's the same MENTALLY ILL person spamming it all day long.
He's been on 4chan for a bit now, so he's not exactly a newfag, but he's not an oldfag either.
He fell in love with this guy Dahvie from some no-name band,
but since he's in his 40s, he can't go to his concerts without looking like a dirty old man,
so he dreams.
He grew obsessed with this musician, but it wasn't till the musician changed his name that,
he lost it completely. Like a crazy stalker, he thinks this guy talks to him telepathically.
At first, his fantasies of this guy involved plain vanilla gay sex (sitting on a fat dick),
but then his fantasy metastasized into smelling his dick,
then licking his ass,
and finally, it deranged into eating his shit.
He shared his degenerate fantasy online and reveled in the HATE EVERYONE GAVE HIM.
He's like those small-dicked guys: he gets off on humiliation.
He was posting nonstop for 12 hours a day, eventually losing his job.
But crazy doesn't see the problem, crazy sees this as MORE TIME TO POST.
Now he spends 18 hours a day spamming and opening multiple threads.
He believes he can create an army of like-minded degenerates to help perpetuate his 'meme'
Sadly, there are a few newfags who've actually fallen for his 'meme'
Some are COPROPHLIES like him, others are 8-year-olds who think this is a new edgy 'meme'
But make no mistake, this guy is MENTALLY ILL,
and nothing you can say will dissuade him.
It's like if you tried to tell a schizophrenic that his delusions are fantasy,
and even if you had cameras, devices,
and all kinds of proof, the crazy person would look at you,
and accuse YOU of having a mental illness.
So with this HOMOSEXUAL COPROPHILE:
You can point out his mental illness, but it won't dissuade him.
He will keep doing it till he either gets hauled off to the funny farm,
Or he kills himself.
Kinda sad, really.
Just wave at the crazy man and move on...
>>
>>745042016
>He added that bitcoin was "stupid" and "far too dangerous."

what he didn't add is the fact that the reason he thinks Bitcoin is "far too dangerous" is because he doesn't make money off Bitcoin.

He wants you to get another credit card and pay him stacks of cash, you haven't even earned yet, in interest
>>
>>745048626
What exactly in asking my question makes you think I'm underage?
>>
>>745045823
>he said this in 2014 aswell
>>
File: 13886250.jpg (54KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
13886250.jpg
54KB, 350x392px
>>745045526
>its tied to belief

jfc mainstream monetary theory is literally a fucking religion
>>
File: logdubs.png (352KB, 627x652px) Image search: [Google]
logdubs.png
352KB, 627x652px
>>745048788
Dubs logged
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.