[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/b/ros I got a job interview lined up tomorrow and I'm freaking

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0895.jpg (20KB, 350x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0895.jpg
20KB, 350x245px
/b/ros I got a job interview lined up tomorrow and I'm freaking the fuck out. What can I expect? It's at an ISP and I just finished my degree in computer science
>>
>>744962133
It's an ISP so it's not like they expect anything other than you being able to do your job without being a pest.
Just be yourself and don't act like an ass, they're not looking for Brad Pitt, so if you're a bit awkward that's fine as long as you conduct yourself well enough.
>>
>>744962133
run. ISPs are fucking grindhouses. try to find a job at a colo or datacenter
>>
>>744962133
Do a little research on the company so you can drop a line or two about what they do, or their background. This will show you did your homework. Show up 15 minutes early. Bring a pen and small notebook. Shower beforehand, don't smoke, don't wear any cologne or body spray. Dress appropriately. Shake hands firmly, especially if the interviewer is a woman. Ask what about opportunities for advancement. Ask about what company culture is like. Then to seal the deal, ask "what do I need to do to exceed your expectations for this position?"
>>
>>744962706
Thanks for that but I was more interested in what the technical questions would be like. I've applied for a software engineer
>>
>>744963418
ISP's deal with a bunch of things. They developing tons of internal software to monitor and maintain the network. They might also write embedded software for their routers and set top boxes (since ISPs often TV providers too). They write frontends for their different websites. They provide email service etc etc. Do you what the position is for?
Otherwise if you are a fresh graduate, expect fizz-buzz, some bullshit about OOP, maybe some questions about your thesis (why did you chose it, what was a difficult aspect of it), and very generic questions about IT and the programming languages you listed (if you did).
Also, check out glassdoor. They have some interview questions from a lot of companies.
>>
>>744964729
I left out some verbs it seems, but I guess life is just that hard.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.