[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on lowering ping for gaming.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: FB_IMG_1483327979471.jpg (16KB, 470x348px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483327979471.jpg
16KB, 470x348px
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on lowering ping for gaming.

My ping sits at 200 average and has no reason to be like this. I've tried basic shit but nothin helps

Anything would be appreciated.
>>
Get better internet you weeb
>>
>>744950160
Maybe your wifi is a shit. If it's not the case, maybe your pc wifi card or you play in game servers far away from your country.
>>
Ping your router. If it's less than 1ms then the issue is your distance to server or ISP fault.

If your ping to router is high then your home network is faulty.

That's the best place to start
>>
Well, a start could be set an static ip, and use the Ports DNS 8-8-8-8 and 8-8-4-4, call your internet provider and tell them to open your ports for gaming, change the channel of the router and try to connect the computer with cable.
>>
Too close to microwave.
>>
Thank you for giving actually helpful answers guys. I'm connected to the router by ethernet cable so there shouldnt be and issue between the com and router. How do i access the dns ports to be able to change that (or even attempt to have a look at it)?
>>
>>744950373
Gotta heat up that leftover pizza some how my dude haha.
>>
Open cmd and type "ping 192.168.1.1 -t"

It should say "<1ms"

You can also try pinging google at 8.8.8.8. If they both ping well then you'll know the issue is related to the games servers
>>
>>744950546
So i typed that into CMD and im getting a feedback loop of "Request timed out"
>>
>>744950724
you need to acces the ip of your router, it will ask you the pass and the user, you can ask your internet provider or search your specific router pass and user on google, there is a site with all the pass and users, once you get in your router you can change the specific ports you want.

Or you go to control panel oy your network and set an static ip, and change the public ports know for gaming 8-8-8-8 and 8-8-4-4 , a lot of tutorials on youtube.
>>
>>744950847
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction I'll start trying to google this and looking for tutorials
>>
File: 1505072556177.gif (126KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1505072556177.gif
126KB, 200x200px
>>744950160
The most obvious is better internet. But if that is not an option, at least make sure you are on wired. Gaming on WiFi puts you at a huge disadvantage.

If neither of those are an option, move to a location with cheaper internet or accept your ping.
>>
>>744950160
The fuck is this shit /b/?
I'm gone for a while and you're all helpful and shit. It's the end of days for sure.

Also OP, stop flooding American servers from some backwater noname country with your shitty connection.
>>
>>744951846
Aye fuck you mang! Haha but i guess /b/ros always have a helping hand for other gamers i guess
>>
>>744952974
Old /b/ would shoot their moms for the lulz.

They can't even triforce anymore.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.