[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm conflicted, I spell colour and metre as so, and despise

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: usa[1][1].jpg (1MB, 1750x1143px) Image search: [Google]
usa[1][1].jpg
1MB, 1750x1143px
I'm conflicted, I spell colour and metre as so, and despise Americans for spelling it the other way, but I just realised how bloody French it looks to spell it the way I do, and I don't know if I hate French or Americans more. As much as I hate to admit it, in this regard, the Americans seem to be in the right.
Despite this, I probably won't start spelling it the American way, partly out of habit/because it's been spelt that way for centuries, and partly because it'll make me look like I can't spell, but still, it's pissing me off.
French/American hate thread I guess.
>>
>>744942077
Hate murica more, france gave us daft punk
>>
File: British police.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
British police.webm
1MB, 640x360px
england is a shit country
>>
>>744942077
We have a lot in common, OP. Do you know who else loves fried food and heroin? Scotland. And both our governments love to spy on us. You'll come around, because you're like us (and the French): Everybody hates you.
>>
>>744942812
In America they would 100% shot his ass for running at a cop with a knife. This would be true for any race or age.

I feel like a taser gun would be the nice middle ground here. Maybe Australia or Canada?
>>
Spell it like a nigger
cullah
Meetuh
>>
>>744942812
Wtf? Are these police pointing sticks at that guy? 'Murican police are extremely swift with situations like this. England needs guns.
>>
>>744943136
in australia they shoot you
>>
>>744942077
but I love French
>>
>>744942077
It looks English. Not French.
>>
>>744944257
the english language used to be spelt phonetically until the normans invaded, then we got overwhelmed with romance words as well as their spelling. metre isnt phonetic, it looks more like a romance way of spelling it. think about other germanic languages, they are much more phonetic. i even just checked the origin of the word metre, and its from french. imagine my shock
>>
>>744944814
oh, and same with colour. unfortunately the french have tainted our language. i hate those cheese eating surrender monkeys
>>
It's ok, /b/ritfag. Merican here. Prefers the spelling colour over color, behaviour over behavior, however I spell metre as meter and centre as center.
>>
>>744942077
"Color" was the original English spelling, taken from latin roots. The pilgrim fathers took it to America. The Brits got stuck with fancy French revisionism.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.