[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to break up with my girlfriend of 6 years... how do I

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

I want to break up with my girlfriend of 6 years... how do I do it /b/?
I don't want to straight up tell her I want to break up with her, I just can't. There have been times when I have been listeting to her droning on about her day and just thinking that I should just tell her "I don't want to continue with this" but I just can't.

And about 5 days ago she told me she just went out with an old female friend of hers and she told me that her friend came out to her and told her how I used to hit on her(the friend) while we were just dating. She was super mad and seemed like she was finally going to break up with me, but for some reason yesterday she suddenly wasn't mad anymore even after I confessed I did hit on her friend then.

I was so close yet she didn't break things up with me... what do /b/?
>>
Break up. Next?
>>
>>744940113
Post nudes
>>
Don't over dramatize the situation, and approach her from a place of the raw friendship you have for her, and express how you feel
>>
>>744940198
I don't have the balls... I just can't even though I really want to
>>744940234
not going to post her nudes, I do have some from other gals
>>744940243
expand on this pls
>>
>>744940424
You know the raw love and concern you have for her as a person? That desire to help her succeed and be the best version of her? That's a place you have for her, and you need to have your feelings come from that place.

It's never going to be easy or even the right time to do it, so all you need to do is gather yourself and let it come from that place I mentioned.

As long as it takes, even if she hates you for a while for breaking up with her, she WILL respect you for treating her with respect in that situation.

*** this is assuming you've had a healthy relationship and you guys are actually best friends
>>
>>744940424
Tits or gfto
>>
>>744940113
i was in your shoes 5 years ago. almost identical situation.

now, i'm married to her, and we have a kid, and i'm trapped for life, and most days i wish i was dead.

i'm telling you right now, don't be a pussy. sack up, take control of your life, be honest and open, and speak your mind. the easiest thing in the world is to put hard/uncomfortable shit off til tomorrow, and then it never gets done, and before you know it, you're old and your best days are gone and you have nothing but regrets.

a few hours/days of uncomfortable relationship drama will buy you the rest of your future back. it's worth it. make a plan to get out, set a deadline, and follow through. i wish i could go back and give myself that same advice.

the truth is that she probably knows you want it to be over, but she wants you to be there for her more than she wants you to be happy, so she won't let you go unless you do it firmly and irrevocably.

you don't have to be cruel, but you need to be honest and clear and firm. you are not doing anybody any favors by staying in a relationship you're not happy with. it might feel like you're doing a nice thing for her, but you're not, because you're stealing time she could be using to find someone who really wants to be with her forever.

if you want out, get out. time is ticking by. don't make my mistake.
>>
>>744940113
man up, move on.

I've been there. wish I had ended it. Instead I let it drag on, and ended up sleeping around - told her about it, was horrible fight that went on for a year.... fuck man.

wish I had just said "hey this isn't working out for me. love you, but I'm not happy" and thats that.
>>
Be a fucking man you god damn faggot.

>want to break up without breaking up.

DUMBASS
>>
>>744940858
SPEAK THE TRUTH

It's easy to say man up. But actually apply it like he's saying. It's challenging and emotionally taxing but you'll make it bro
>>
Man didn't come here to be called a faggot by neckbeards who have never made contact with women before.

Just make it up in your mind that you're doing yourself a favour, and realize the truth about how happy you'll be down the road.
>>
>easy to say man up

Fucking easy to say let's break up. Just lost the fucking reasoning you have for it and hear what she has to say. Fucking MAN.....UP!!!
>>
>>744941130
List the reasons
>>
ONLY REASON FAGGOT OP WONT FUCKING MAN UP AND JUST RIP IT OFF.

is because he doesn't have the next bitch lined up right away, always when any relationship ends, the ender always has someone lined up right after... i cannot be the only one who knows this.
>>
>>744940741
This faggot
>>
>>744940858
That's exactly how I don't want to end up, just listening to her talk about a wedding and having children makes me want to punch myself in the face for being such a jackass and allowing her to think of such things with a piece of shit like me... she deserves better
>>744940741
>>744940947
>>744941007
you guys make great points, I wish I could simply come out and tell her those things. I don't want to hurt her and I would like to keep being friends with her, know she is alright, but I know if I break things up with her I'll never know from her again...
>>
Dude the reason she ain't mad is cuz she's cheating on u
>>
>>744941281
I feel given the fact that his faggot ass (YES HES A FAGGOT) was already flirting with her friend before they really got started then this explainatiins seems legit. He knows he'll be pussless if she's gone.
>>
>>744940858
Man, I want to leave my bf right now.

We're about to move in together and he clearly does not give a shit about my wellbeing. I think he's going to propose soon and i'll say no.
>>
>>744940113
Sit her down and very gently explain that you have become a raging homosexual and spend huge amounts of time sucking cock at truck stop rest rooms. Show her your technique on a banana if she doesn't believe you. If she still doesn't believe you show her that you use b regularly
>>
>>744941462
Are you fat?
>>
>>744940113
That way you'll never truly be bored. If one bores me, I give more attention to the other until the other bores me and I switch to the other. Rinse and repeat
>>
>>744941448
yesss exactly what I'm saying.
>>
>>744941465
Also...if she STILL doesn't believe you, ask your real life faggot boyfriend to come over and suck his schlong in front of her
>>
>>744941497
Yeah, i don't care about how fat I am though.

And if your intention is me picking you up on the rebound, think again.

I prefer being alone
>>
>>744941631
Are you like orca fat or just a little bit chubby around the thighs?
>>
>>744941579
Kek
>>
File: olfoc62EOJ1tc30yco1_400.gif (2MB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
olfoc62EOJ1tc30yco1_400.gif
2MB, 332x332px
>>744941465
lol, but then I still wouldn't be able to talk to her again, since I would the have to pretend to be super gay for the rest of my life
>>744941448
I know this is /b/ and all that jazz, but really pussy is not something I lack at any time... I know it doesn't contribute anything to the basis of my dilemma, but I wanted to make clear that this is not because I feel I will never be loved again, it is more of a I don't want to come off as a giant dick
>>
>>744941462
Dont fucking wait for him to propose mate! Probably The reason he is with you, and as you say, doesnt care about your wellbeing is probably because he is afraid of rejection and is already with you so thats all he wants. Waiting for hik to make such a big statement only for you to walk off is going to really fuck him up. Do both of you a favor and come out before he does.
>>
>>744941797
you're already a giant dick for stringing her along this long.
>>
File: images.png (7KB, 257x196px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7KB, 257x196px
Same here, same story, same problems, same fear..
>>
Everyone does realize that this girl is not even REMOTELY in his league and not actually his girlfriend. In fact he is a real life dick sucker. He fucking LOVES slurping cock snot. He's asking this question so his antisocial aspie tard ass can actually talk to the men he so badly craves for once in his pathetic life before he contemplates suicide
>>
>>744941797
Maybe u could hire a gigolo and set it up so u are getting pounded in the ass by a rock hard Latino Demi-God as she is coming home from work/buying shoes
>>
break it off before you waste anymore of each other's time. the longer you wait the more pissed off she will be for having wasted so much time on you
>>
>>744941383you are almost certainly right about this OP is just to fuckign dumb to realize at the very least shes got a backup plan going now.
>>
stop being a fucking cuck. #yolo
>>
>>744941889
Congratulations! YOU'RE A FAGGOT
>>
File: c99xMGe.jpg (132KB, 960x727px) Image search: [Google]
c99xMGe.jpg
132KB, 960x727px
>>744942021
I am also a jew...
>>
>>744940113
You are such a faggot pussy shitstain that the only way u are getting out of this relationship is if you hire someone to seduce your girlfriend and make her think she has found someone better then she will break up with you. Then your hire can just dump her at his leisure.
>>
File: o8wdrxci4h1tc30yco1_1280.jpg (81KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
o8wdrxci4h1tc30yco1_1280.jpg
81KB, 640x640px
>>744941844
oh yes, believe me I am aware of that too, and like a complete moron I keep delaying the break up and each and every day I can't bring myself to do it I know it gets worse and worse. I've been trying to come up with the guts to end this for about 2 years now
>>744941954
my sides, kek
>>744941967
it is a possibility, but then it would be 2 idiots cheating on each other and embarking in the stupidest relationship ever
>>744941889
I feel you man, wish nobody had to go through this... like, this is the dumbest problem to have
>>744942095
I'm not a fucking cuck
>>
I broke up with my ex after nearly 6 years, man. In all honesty, I shouldn’t have let it gone past a year. Hell, 6 months into the relationship is when the problems started, so you could argue that I should have broke it off there. Like the other anon said, I fucked around, time ticked by, and before I knew it, I wasted 6 fucking years, man. I REALLY wish I had those years back.

Do not put that shit off. Seriously, it’s a major regret of mine. Also, I can tell you now, girls are t as reliant on you as you think they are. You may think it’ll kill them and they’ll hate you, yada yada. Trust me, they’ll recover at an alarming rate, you’ll find out you never meant anywhere near as much to them as you thought, and they’ll be fucking someone else within 3 months.

The worst night will be the first night because it’s completely fresh and you’re sleeping alone for the first time in a while. After that, you’re golden.

As for the actual breakup, I literally walked into the living room and said some shit like “I think it’s time you find your own place.” She said okay and that was that. Easy peazy.
>>
>>744942414
That's what I would love to do, just casually bring out how we are through...
There should be a job for shit like this, I'd pay someone to tell her in a calm fashion: "anon thinks it is time for you and anon to break up, don't take this the wrong way, you're great and all, but it's over. I hope you can be friends after this though"
>>
>>744940858
I was in this situation 6 years ago. Thankfully after hearing her bitch and listening to her whine one day, I just thought to myself "I can't listen to this bitchy voice the rest of my life" and told her I couldn't be with her any more. She cried a bunch, broke a think or two, freaked out, and I just told her she needed to leave. Best decision of my life. Been dating someone much more attractive and nicer now for 2 years and I will probably eventually marry her.
>>
>>744942570
okay. pay me then faggot. ill happily break you two up.
>>
>>744942570
It really is that easy, though. It’s literally just a string of words, man. I promise you that the worst part is the suspense of it all, and this vision you have in your head. Hell, have you ever done anything for an adrenaline rush? When I do some crazy shit, I’ll legitimately just jump right the fuck in sometimes before I can even think about it, so that way I do t end up talking myself out of it.

It’s just like that. Blurt our that string of words... just blurt them right the fuck out before you stop yourself and trick yourself into thinking “this is t the right time.” The right time will never come. Just blurt them out and once the seed is planted there’s no going back. Fuck it.
>>
>>744942769
I'd happily do so my friend
>>744942790
I'll keep that in mind, I wish I could do it this week if possible
>>
>>744943032
I’m pulling for you. Also, some tips:

Do not do it in public.
Do it when it’s just you and her. Preferably at your house or wherever you two live.
Do not do it while in a car.
Do it on an average day. Don’t do it on a day when she’s particularly happy or sad.

That’ll probably make it the easiest for you. You don’t have to be a dick about it, like you said, but you do have to do it.

“Hey anon, you know I love you and I want the best for you, but I can’t do this anymore. I dont feel the way I used to feel snd it’s completely unfair to you. I don’t want us to grow stagnant and waste our time with each other if neither of us are going to get what we want.”

If you want something a little more personable and compassionate. Alternatively you can just do what I did. Walk into the room, tell her you think it’s time she find her own place, and 100% stick with it. Don’t let them think you were kidding. Don’t bring up bullshit about talking about it. I made up my mind, said fuck it, and rode it out no matter what. I was fuckin done.
>>
>>744943460
It might not seem like it, but this is actually super helpful for me. I can't thank you guys enough for this
>>
>>744943755
No problem OP! One more piece of advice however. STOP BEING A GAY FUCKING PUSSMAN
>>
Either grow a pair and just do it,
or,
send her a link to this bread....
>>
>>744944187
lol
>>
>>744940113
step 1: invite guy over
step 2: tell girl you're cooking dinner
step 3: suck his dick when she walks in
step 4: say youre gay, even though you aren't lying
step 5: lose girl, be gay
>>
>>744940113
I wanna break up with my wife of 15+ years. How do I let her down softly? She's nice and everything. I'm just not that into her.
>>
>>744944986
see>>744944891
>>
>>744944986
you mean divorce buddy
>>
>>744945211
or murder
ends justify the means
>>
Seinfeld/10

Kill her
>>
You don't want to feel responsible for the situation. She has rly cut your balls off. What a fucking lesbian couple
>>
>>744940113
You're a spineless useless faggot
>>
>>744945211
But then she gets half my shit :(
>>
>>744940113
Did you start dating when you were 6, because you're acting like you're fucking 12. Man up. If you're sure you want out, get out. Be kind about it because she is not your enemy. But your fucking cowardice is ugly and you need to eradicate it.
>>
>>744940113

Well if you lack the balls to break up with her you can do what every other man under 25 would do and simply date another chick on the side until she finds out.
>>
>>744940424
Of course, you could just grow some balls.
>>
File: doitfaggot.jpg (52KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
doitfaggot.jpg
52KB, 500x515px
>>744940113
Why do you need /b/'s confirmation to do what you know you already have to do? SAGE
>>
>>744940113
Tell her your lives are moving in different directions. She wants a relationship with someone who doesn't flirt with her friends, and you wanna dick down dudes and get your mouth all fucking sloppy with dick juice.
>>
>>744944891
Also see
>>744946065
Still applicable.
>>
>>744945442
This and /thread
>>
>>744940113
I've felt this way sometimes and I've been married 16 years. I'm glad I didn't break up with her. She makes me feel good about myself, and I know that I make her happy. We'll be together until one of us dies. Is it perfect? No. But perfection is unrealistic for most. Yes, women drone on about their days. Listen, act like you give a shit, then you'll get more of what you want out of things.
>>
Op if you ain't happy ditch her. I just broke up with my gf of 4 years and I feel amazing. A week later I told my crush I liked her and we've been fucking for 2 weeks. There's no real nice way of ditching her. Just be confident, and understanding. Don't waste time my man. Don't be a beta cuck either! You got this we believe.
>>
From here
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.