[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whoever made these fragile towers was an idiot. Apparently, they

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

Whoever made these fragile towers was an idiot.
Apparently, they did not design it this way again.
>>
Bullshit, that's a basic ass design. Every fucking office tower in the world is the same.
Stop spreading your faggy rumors Op
>>
>>744938528
The WTC actually did have a pretty rare design. No columns or load -bearing walls on the floor space.
All the strength came from the exterior columns and the inner core.
>>
>>744939138
Absolutly beautiful design. Sorry some sand niggers had to fuck that up.

Thanks op I really never knew how the towers were actually structured.
>>
>>744939360
After the trump win I can't believe in deep state anymore. These towers were not solid.
>>
>>744939360
Not the OP, just someone who saw the thread.
I think they were beautiful buildings too. Very simple looking from afar but they had some nice details up close.
The whole layout of the plaza and complex was inspired by Mecca, which is partly why the WTC was targeted both times.
>>
>>744939498
yes im same fag
>>
>>744939138
Faggot. Listen to me. I am an accredited architect.
All modern day office buildings are just the same.
So please PISS OFF FAGGOT
>>
>>744939517
You need to provide a context picture of Mecca. I think they were targeted because they were massive and fragile.
Where they not the biggest buildings at the time?
>>
>>744939558
no one is arguing with u. maybe u should crash a plane into a building and see what happens then report back
>>
>>744939783
No. Nor even in the US
>>
>>744939889
Alright, you fucking autistic little piece of excrement. You've had your fun. You've shit up the entire thread, you've autistically screeched at yourself and successfully baited droves of anons into attempting to actually reason with you.

Are you happy? Does your life feel like it has some fucking form of meaning now? Sitting there with your shitty Walmart-bought foldout chair quivering under your immense weight, your disgusting fat rolls hanging off the sides and exuding a disgusting odor of sweat, semen, and fungus, smearing your keyboard you got from Goodwill that's missing the Y and L keys with Cheeto dust and pubic hair that collects under your fingernails since you never wash your hands after you furiously masturbate to futashit, does it feel like your fucking life has meaning now?

Does the light coming from the cheap Acer laptop your mom bought you so you'd stop fucking whining about "missing the chan" that illuminates her basement and the ratty sleeping bag in the corner strewn with chip wrappers and empty Mountain Dew cans give your life meaning? Do you wake up every day and decide not to end your worthless, virgin, disgusting, overweight, neckbearded existence because you know you can look forward to another day of flooding threads on 4chan with the same amount of loathing you commonly direct at yourself every time you look in a mirror that's big enough to hold your gargantuan reflection?

You make me fucking sick. Kill yourself.
>>
>>744939783
Okay.
Here's an image of Mecca and the WTC's plaza.
With Mecca, you have the Kaaba (cube) and the two minaret towers in the background. Mecca is a place where every Muslims is supposed to come at least once in their life.
Next to it you have the WTC plaza, a sphere in place of the cube and the two towers instead of the minarets. The WTC architect, Minoru Yamasaki, was inspired by how peaceful Mecca was and how people from around the world came to it so he had its layout in mind when designing the WTC complex.
The towers themselves also used some Arabic styling with the pointed arches.

To the Islamists, this was an insult and mockery of their most holy site. As well as a symbol of American/Western strength and wealth.
It had nothing to do with weak buildings, because the WTC was far from weak.
>>
>>744940115
i never said this and meant it
no u
>>
File: stupid_idiot_dumbass_design.jpg (18KB, 337x400px) Image search: [Google]
stupid_idiot_dumbass_design.jpg
18KB, 337x400px
>>744937974
Whoever made these fragile organisms was an idiot.
Apparently, they did not design it this way again.
>>
>>744940367
Oh and the WTCs 1 and 2 were the tallest buildings in the world when they were finished. Though they only held that title for a year until the Sears Tower was finished (Antennas not included in those heights).
>>
File: 1384438988472.gif (2MB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
1384438988472.gif
2MB, 300x170px
>>744940115
relax
>>
>>744940367
Still seems like a stretch. Can you give a link of someone like bin ladin or anyone? Im sorry. Good theory but thats way too many degrees of connection.
>>
>>744940528
OP here.
Interesting comparison:
men using inside skeleton vs building using external skeleton.
>>
>>744940676
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2001/12/the_mosque_to_commerce.html
>>
File: Twin-Towers looking up.jpg (198KB, 867x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Twin-Towers looking up.jpg
198KB, 867x1280px
>>744940676
I don't particularly care for Slate, but they did a pretty good article on it,
http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/culturebox/2001/12/the_mosque_to_commerce.html

"Yamasaki described its plaza as "a mecca, a great relief from the narrow streets and sidewalks of the surrounding Wall Street area." True to his word, Yamasaki replicated the plan of Mecca's courtyard by creating a vast delineated square"

"At the base of the towers, Yamasaki used implied pointed arches—derived from the characteristically pointed arches of Islam"

Yamasaki had built things for the Saudis and was familiar with Islamic architecture.
>>
>>744940612
>hammer already cocked
>finger on trigger
>didnt disengage slide

total bullshit
>>
>>744937974
Fuck off you cunt, these towers where beautifully crafted and perfect to those who love minimalism. I don't know where you got your bullshit from but yeah, fuck off.
>>
>>744941013
I still dont get the point. So Islam thought the biggest building in New York were insulting so they threw a plane at it? Why wouldnt the MSM say that? Did this Jap know that he just caused a 50 year war? I dont get it at all.
>>
File: 13244.png (26KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
13244.png
26KB, 527x409px
>>744941349
>>744941407
>>
A large part of the design decision was because concrete had become incredibly expensive in New York in the 60's and 70's thanks to unions and mafia, so they looked for alternatives.
>>
>>744941657
What was the alternative? Is steel not stronger then concrete anyways? Maybe not with heat but why waste concrete fortifying something that is structurally sound anyways?
No one could know sand nigs could blow up inside it.
>>
>there will never be this 'ugly' design again

I hate the modern world and it's stupid triangle buildings being built.
>>
>>744941557
Point to what?
Islamists and terrorists who wanted to strike the US wanted it to be visible to everyone and in those points in time, the WTC were some of the most famous features in the most famous city. That's all. The resemblances to Mecca were just another item on the list that made them targets.

>>744941657
Partly right but they still used some concrete. The floors and central core used it.
The overall idea was lightweight construction that was cheap but strong.
>>
>>744939558

No one gives a shit about you. Bring the people that actually fucking have brains like the structural, civil, and mechanical engineers you fucking mongoloid.
>>
File: 1477811666991.jpg (70KB, 497x651px) Image search: [Google]
1477811666991.jpg
70KB, 497x651px
>>744940115
>>
>>744942042
Ok their was no point. Just wanted to Jihad. Thats makes more sense then they wanted to destroy the remake of mecca. I still just dont know if this was a deep state shit and I guess I will never good night everyone.
>>
"Er... what?"
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.