[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /b/ I'm 26 and need to get out of first world poverty.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 15

File: MonkeyOfFastMoneyCashMoney.jpg (437KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
MonkeyOfFastMoneyCashMoney.jpg
437KB, 2000x1000px
Hi /b/
I'm 26 and need to get out of first world poverty. What are my options?
>>
>>744932782
Legally? or by any means is a big part of your solution
>>
>>744932782
Get a job? Bleach your skin? Move to a 3rd world country?
>>
File: Beetch lemme nut please.gif (958KB, 285x327px) Image search: [Google]
Beetch lemme nut please.gif
958KB, 285x327px
>>744932782
suq madiq
>>
>>744932782
Legally. You can learn a trade such as pipe fitting, mechanical engineering, electrical engineer, etc
Or
Illegally. Bank tellers are trained to do whatever they need to in a bank robbing situation. This means if you go up and hand them a note asking for cash quickly and efficiently as they can they are to follow whatever orders are given during a stick up.
But you didn't hear it from me lol
>>
>>744932877
legally of course
>>
>>744933323
Are you currently employed?
>>
>>744932782
Yo Anon!

What exactly do you mean by first world poverty?

Like, are you still living with your parents and you have absolutely no money whatsoever?
>>
>>744933742
Living with parents, I can get money from them but it's not like I have thousands in the bank. Usually fluctuates between 100-1000.

First world poverty means I can afford the food I want, I can travel outside of my country a few times a year. But at the same time I'm not making 40K a year which is the supposed middle class average and if I didn't have parents money I'm fucked and don't really have any credentials to do much besides physical labor or working at wal mart
>>
>>744934007
Trade school. Get an apprentice job and rack up some experience. It's a lot of work but if you really want to make some money it's worth it
>>
File: o-MOTH-570.jpg (64KB, 570x382px) Image search: [Google]
o-MOTH-570.jpg
64KB, 570x382px
>>744934227
>>744934007

Yah, I second this, Anon.

Quit bitching.

Learn a trade.

Work your ass off.

You might earn yourself some rewards.

Also:

>I can afford the food I want
>I can travel outside of my country a few times a year

Goddamn, you have already have it better than so many of the rest of us, bro!
>>
>>744932782
Give up the climb and dig down instead. 3rd world yourself and find happiness in discomfort
>>
>>744934227
I'll have to give it a shot, trying to keep in mind the future of all these businesses and what can be replaced by robots and what cant as well
>>
>>744934007
>>I can travel outside of my country a few times a year.

Fuck. You've beat me and I'm living comfortably. Stop playing a numbers game and appreciate what you have. Learn to live with what you need rather than what you want.
>>
University, with a view of what jobs will be viable in an automated future.

Trade also great
>>
>>744934516
Haha not bitching just trying to find first world comfort and not ending up one of these 35 year old guys with no certifications. Just shooting for some different ideas here
>>
>>744934785
University is so shit but you're right I should take at least 2 classes per semester and try to jab at it and eventually knock out an associates or something.

>>744934750
I've gotten better at that over the years though, started buying food at the grocery store more consciously instead of eating out daily. I do know I'm lucky the only problem is that the extra money and free rent and phone paid for won't last forever so I shouldn't count on it forever.
>>
>>744934750

>Learn to live with what you need rather than what you want.

Just on that actually; has anyone else found merit in this whole "Minimalist Movement" that has been flying around recently?

I have too much shit in my house (girlfriend included, but that's another story entirely), and the idea of intentional promotion of the things I most value and the removal of everything else, speaks to me...
>>
>>744935164
If you know the end of the free shit is near, ween yourself off and save every penny until the time comes. Pretend you're rock bottom poor, ESPECIALLY if you're not, best way to save money hands down Then, get a job and keep pretending you're poor until you have a nest egg built up, then go to school debt free when you have enough. Start with a year earning a good trade like plumbing or electrical, it's cheaper and faster than uni, makes good money, and if you don't like it then you only have to do it until you save a big enough nest egg to go to uni for something you actually want to do. And keep pretending you're destitute the whole time, that's really the key.
>>
>>744935248
Minimalism could be good, I have so many dogs. I have things I value and want to keep with me but dogs are beings and I take the 10+ year commitment seriously.
I'm at a point though I realize how much easier it would be to be on the move without my dogs though. Never heard of the minimalist movement until now but it could possibly be good, it would make it easier to move around and chase opportunities for sure
>>
>>744935248
I posted that~
I used to be a marginal hoarder. Never crazy, like the show or whatever, but I kept fucking random useless shit for like decades. Now I've got a 10x15 little cottage with just enough shit to survive, a computer and internet for entertainment, and enough clothes to last me a week before laundry time. I really couldn't be happier; keeping (and trying to obtain) all that frivolous shit was expensive and really didn't do me any good at all. My life is so much simpler now, and I want for very little~
>>
>>744935475
I do try that, I'll have to relax on traveling that's for sure. You gotta try to think strictly business at times but it's going to be hard to ignore when an event is going on somewhere.
Having that mindset is how people save money and start making businesses and other money opportunities that eventually lead them to being able to travel and all those things though.

Maybe they should bottle up psychopath/sociopath in a pill and give it to people so they can think about nothing but money
>>
>>744935586
Also, the last part of this: when I had too much shit, it cost me a small fortune to move across the country (about 2,000 miles) once, so much so that I had to use the last of my money to move back when things didn't work out and I couldn't afford to stay because the move had been so pricey. When I ditched all my shit, I was able to move back and get established for less than $500.
>>
>>744934863

>just trying to find first world comfort

Nigger, you already ARE in first world comfort!

Let's fucking go through this together shall we?

You're still living with your parents; you can afford all the food and groceries you could possibly need to sustain yourself; you can travel outside your country a few times a year; you've fallen into the pattern of eating out daily, until you got better at buying food at the grocery store "more consciously"; and your parents occasionally GIVE YOU MONEY!

You don't want to work at Wal Mart, you don't want to do physical labour and the idea of attending more than 2 classes per semester at university, to you, is "so shit".

Fuck. Me.

If that isn't luxurious comfort, I can't imagine what you think it must be?

I do on the other hand respect that you are shooting for some "different ideas here".

But honestly mate, to me, you are already in an enormously comfortably situation!
>>
>>744935848
Ha, it's actually easier to pull this off if you're not constantly thinking about money. You more or less just need to weigh your need and your wants, and be able to distinguish between the two. It's more a discipline thing than a sociopathic thing; the trick is to really objectively ask "Do I need this, and if so, why?" and if you can't answer that question objectively, if the word want ever crosses your mind, or it gets in the way of something you actually NEED, drop it and forget about it. No use getting worked up over a missed opportunity; later on you'll be glad for it when you manage to get to a better opportunity due to the sacrifice.
>>
>>744936154
Yeah it sounds pretty spoiled but hell, full time school is an unpaid job itself, would have been easier if I was 19 in college to accept that but being 25 +/- that shit is hard to accept.

You're right though I guess I'll just count my blessings and get what experience and certifications I can. I'm not against wal mart working either I just want to eventually have some skills that open up different opportunities, those easy to get ones are even becoming harder to get now as job opportunities go to shit and even a seemingly simple job is asking for "1 year of experience"
>>
File: doll-665x385.jpg (27KB, 665x385px) Image search: [Google]
doll-665x385.jpg
27KB, 665x385px
>>744935765
Hm, interesting!

My mother used to be a hoarder, so I think I may have picked up some of her traits, but I have noticed recently that all this crap that I spend just a few dollars here, a few dollars there on, brings me absolutely no joy; it just clutters up my house and irritates me...

It's the few possessions that I actually saved up for and researched and looked forward to owning that have brought me any kind of happiness.

>just enough shit to survive, my life is much simpler now, I want for very little

Cheers, anon, you've given me a new mantra!
>>
>>744936236
This is legit stuff
I sometimes think when I'm making an emotional decision now "don't be a liberal". Basically meaning think rationally and realistically
>>
>>744936692
You're that old and living with parents, with all these benefits, and you're complaining? I've been working since I was 15, lived on my own since the day I graduated, been a wageslave ever since. Sometimes it was comfortable, sometimes it wasn't. That's life. You gotta go struggle and get some work experience before anyone's going to take you seriously, and if you can only get shit work then so be it; do it until you can do better. Call it payment for the extra 7 +/- years of easy living you got to enjoy.
>>
Look in to my eyes fahgot and repeat after me
1. Start an online business dropahipping or affiliate mar
meeting
2.move to thailand and live like a king for $1500 month
3.smash hot thai ladyboys
4.win
>>
>>744936999
>dropshipping
Now that's what I'm talking about..

I've actually been told about moving to Thailand before, it could be a possibility once I save up thousands for sure.
>>
>>744936949
Yeah I do keep in mind the much harder path a lot of people have to take, and sometimes it's better that way. Better get the shit work done while you're still young that's for sure
>>
>>744936785
I was the same, trust me once you start the process, it's so easy to stop accumulating useless shit. The only baubles I keep now are beyond priceless to me, partly because I have so little to begin with, but mostly because when you keep things for true sentimental value rather than random wants, you really appreciate what you have. All my decorative and/or useless (utility wise) things have these beautiful stories behind them that make them unique and special.

Less really is more~
And rad, glad I could help!

>>744936906
Logic and discipline are key~ It's best, when a decision really matters, to either reach inside and turn off the emotional part of your brain, or if possible wait and let the emotions process before jumping into decisions you haven't thought through properly.
>>
>>744935586

>it would make it easier to move around and chase opportunities for sure

I personally love to travel, to move around, to meet heaps of new people and to essentially learn; I've always felt that my "home", with all the crap in it has held me back from "exploring" long term... and to, like you say, chase opportunities...

I'm not sure what I could recommend if you own dogs though, like you said again, they are beings who require 10+ year commitments!
>>
File: dvd1.jpg (143KB, 1641x785px) Image search: [Google]
dvd1.jpg
143KB, 1641x785px
>>744935959
Damn. That speaks volumes on just how much belongings can cost you...

Have you harboured any regrets on some of the stuff you had to discard?
>>
>>744937334
I don't regret it. If I had wanted, I could have probably done exactly as you did. Problem is, I'm stubborn and headstrong and I wanted to make the world my bitch. Can't really say I regret it, I've made things happen for myself that I wouldn't have had otherwise and it's really a huge self esteem boost, haha. But back on point, seriously, get some years of shit work under your belt, preferrably while you go to school. Just showing you can deal with base menial shit is enough to elevate you in the eyes of prospective employers for better jobs; a big reason I ended up getting my first job making over $15 an hour (no schooling past high school, mind you) because the guy who hired me was impressed with how long I had stayed at obviously terrible jobs in the past. That came directly from his mouth, haha.
>>
>>744937501
Yeah being on the road is pretty fun, I'm lucky my family can take care of my dogs if I'm gone or something but it still means I'm not likely to leave my area for long periods of time for a while. Even I find a job where I get to travel more often I'll still stay based out of my area
>>
>>744932782
Get a job.
>>
>>744937927
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH-i8IvYIcg
>>
>>744937629
Yeah it was roughly $8000 to get all my shit across the first time. If you move with more than a car load, you pay for all your shit again, trust me. But honestly, as much as I thought I would at the time, I miss none of it. Occasionally I'll remember having this thing or that thing and I'll chuckle and remember it's gone now, but I don't particularly care. Everything of real value was kept, everything of limited value was given away to people who could've used or appreciated it more, and the rest was garbage.

Also, fuck furniture. Sidenote kinda, but seriously. If you want to move around, learn to live without most of it or get super portable (read: breaks down into parts easily) shit. I used to think I needed a full set to feel like I had a living space, but you really just need a bed. I leave my furniture behind every time I move, pick up essentials wherever I end up. I have a tiny table, an air mattress, and a chair right now and it's all I need, it's heckin comfy up in this bitch
>>
>>744932782
Education is always a good investment, friend. Nobody can ever take your education away from you. Whether that means a college degree or a vocational credential, it's worth it. Beyond that, success in the job market is largely dependent upon connections, I'm sorry to say. Try probing your social circle for possible job opportunities; the job market (assuming US here) is pretty good these days and you'd be surprised how many good paying jobs there are out there if you really search hard. That's all I can offer you; good luck out there.
>>
File: img_2654.jpg (1MB, 1462x1799px) Image search: [Google]
img_2654.jpg
1MB, 1462x1799px
>>744937335

Ooh, I do love baubles!

But yes, >when you keep things for true sentimental value rather than random wants, you really appreciate what you have.

This shit is making more and more sense to me...

You have helped, thanks anon!
>>
>>744936692

>full time school is an unpaid job itself

Please explain this to me Anon, as I am struggling to understand what you mean;

Are you honestly telling me that you consider attending classes at a school, any school, to be the same as working a job, full time, 8am to 5pm, 5 days a week... unpaid.

Are you really equating securing an education for yourself to slave labour?

Fo' real?
>>
>>744939123
It (usually) pays off in the end, but during the process yes it's pretty much a full time job that you aren't paid for and unless you're going on a grant or scholarship then you're actually paying for it as well.
>>
File: il_570xN.1008768456_a16u.jpg (68KB, 570x571px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.1008768456_a16u.jpg
68KB, 570x571px
>>744936692

>that shit is hard to accept

Suck it up. Quit bitching.

>I'll just count my blessings and get what experience and certifications I can

Please, Anon, this is all you have to do.

Stop thinking about how robots are gonna took yer jebs in the future and just do this!

>Yeah it sounds pretty spoiled

Yeah, Anon, it really does!
>>
File: shkreli-faces06.w710.h473.jpg (62KB, 710x473px) Image search: [Google]
shkreli-faces06.w710.h473.jpg
62KB, 710x473px
>>744939439
>>
>>744938201
>I miss none of it.

Damn. Looks like I'm gonna giving away, selling and chucking out a whole heap of belongings tonight! You anons have motivated me!
>>
>>744940876
git er done
>>
File: 1505074042394.gif (1021KB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
1505074042394.gif
1021KB, 375x212px
>>744934007
>can leave the US annually
>living in poverty

So you are a suburbanite who is bitching on /b/

Go fuck yourself OP, you wouldn't know "first world poverty" if it raped your gaping asshole.
>>
>>744941370
Well from all the /b/tards who talk like they've got millions I assumed they might know something
Moral of the story is if you didn't go straight to college then make sure your kid/s do
>>
File: 1504611256899.jpg (19KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1504611256899.jpg
19KB, 258x245px
>>744941592
>/b/tards
>rich
Rich in Doritos crumbs perhaps
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.