[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just here checking in on veterans, and currently serving folks

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

Just here checking in on veterans, and currently serving folks in any of the uniformed forces.

Are you guys and grills holding up okay today? Need an anonymous ear or shoulder? Get comfy and talk to me.
>>
File: popeye.jpg (58KB, 551x689px) Image search: [Google]
popeye.jpg
58KB, 551x689px
Doing not terrible. Thanks for asking.
So whats your story?
>>
also my anus was destroyed by decent REAL Mexican food thank you.
>>
>>744906586

non op and not military fag, why is it that hard to be a veteran? just curious about it
>>
>>744906727
You see and do things that either make it damn difficult to function in civilian life. Some are traumatic, some are just so awesome that you never want to do anything else, and the sense of family you get from your fellow service members is really hard to match working at a normal job.
>>
>>744906586
You're welcome.

I'm a civillian who is really grateful for what all of you do. That's all. I just like to check up on you folks sometimes.
>>
>>744906978
cool beans civilbro.
any military in your family, or are you just a decent human being?
>>
>>744906963

can you give me an example of those things?

I do understand the family sense of your fellow service members but why would you feel like shit working on a normal job where you cant get that?
>>
>>744907191
Just a decent human being, Sir.

My family are so much of a waste of space that we have our own lives apart.

I just care. I've dealt with shit in my own life that changed it forever, so I kind of know the feel.
>>
>>744907216
well, we built a school in rural Afghanistan once. we had a party for the kiddos. It was joyous. The Taliban in the area poisoned the water supply for that school and 20 kids died. That kinda takes the joy out of hard work.
>>
>>744907347
well allow me to give you a hearty Hoo Rah from me.
>>
>>744907563

the fuck...
>>
>>744907658
Like I said... Traumatic.
what did you expect tourist?
>>
>>744907640
Right back at you.

>>744907563
That's fucked. Good what you did, fucked what they did. I can't even fathom how angry that situation would make someone.

>>744907658
This is why I ask if vets are okay from time to time. You should too.
>>
>>744907658
we also engaged in an engineering project to build a big government complex in nevayoumind city afghanistan and a week after we finished the bastards drove a dump truck load of explosives through the wall and blew it all to gravel.
>>
>>744907751

I didn't know tbh, I never have had much contact with the military (although I respect it a lot). My grand grand father fought in WW1 (for the cool german side) so I'm kinda interested on the subject.
>>
>>744908017
Fuck man, what a pack of animals.
>>
File: yemeni_soldier_execute_a_man.jpg (59KB, 468x600px) Image search: [Google]
yemeni_soldier_execute_a_man.jpg
59KB, 468x600px
>>744906963
>You see and do things that either make it damn difficult to function in civilian life.
Bet you wish you had studied more back in school, lol.
>>
>>744908088
taking an interest is the first step to taking action so good on you.
>>
>>744908231
There's always one.

>>744908252
OP here. Couldn't agree more.
>>
>>744908155
I left the next week, and demob'd back to the states. shit was rough.
>>
>>744908231
Nah, I studied after with the good ol' GI BILL
Now isn't time for you mammy to bring yer tendies cunt?
>>
>>744908357
I can't say I blame you man. How have you been holding up since?
>>
>>744908498
I am doing much better now. I am working at a local veteran service organization, and I am helping people through what I went through.
>>
>>744908605
You're a good guy, anon.

I would do the same in Australia, but I don't know if such things exist. I have however bought drinks, meals, coffee, and shared the odd cigarette with enlisted folks, and they usually appreciate the company.
>>
In comparison I didn't really see shit. I have talked to guys who saw the animals strap a few pounds of plastic explosive to a 5 year old girl and send them over to a us convoy to "get candy" and then detonate it with a cell phone. sometimes it wouldn't go off and the troops had to defuse the bomb and then try to find the kid's folks.
>>
>>744908835
We do appreciate the company. BUT you could check into what it takes to start a charity on the federal or provential level and then see what grants you can apply for to help your local vets. you won't get rich, but you'll do good.
>>
>>744908994
I don't wanna get rich. Getting rich is for fat cat corporate arseholes.

Just making someone's day a /little/ easier is enough for me.
>>
>>744908839
don't they usually use the children of folks who already bombed themselves though?
>>
>>744909101
I don't know how it works in 'straya but in the US we really work hard to allow people to set up organizations like the one I work for. Look into it and I expect a report back.
>>
>>744909105
They were usually children of their political enemies. Or thats what the state department fag said.
>>
>>744909314
10/4
>>
>>744909419
Noice
>>
Fuck all this terrible shit. Lemme tell you about the time our senior enlisted advisor bought a monkey.
We were at the Bazzar (market) in far eastern Khost province. we were "showing presence" and suddenly Gunny was going truck to truck asking for cash... We all coughed up, and soon we found out that he'd bought a monkey.
>>
>>744909486
Reporting back.
Charity already exists. http://www.defencecare.org.au/about

Once I strap my brain back in (which will be soon) i'll see what I can do
>>
As soon as he got the poor creature into the truck his interpreter began playing with its tail, and it wasn't an hour down the road before the medic had to treat said terp for a monkey mauling.
>>
>>744910007
GOOD ON YOU
>>
>>744910007
Strap that head meat in really tight and get to work. Y'all's squaddies are top shelf and they deserve the help you will get them.
>>
>>744910094
Not doing it for praise.

>>744910264
Our squaddies are top shelf. And so polite to me. They always call me Sir, I feel it should be the other way around.
>>
Doin okay. Feel like I'm settled with my partner way too early (we're 21 and have a kid), always hear from my mates banging new chicks all the time, super jealous.
>>
>>744910433
Hang on to family
and if you think you need help
ask for help.
>>
>>744910433
Glad you're okay.

I'm 33 and I question settling down a fair bit lately myself. But they are your family, and they love you. Family is better to have than pussy all day.
>>
Don't you 404 on me you shitbags!
>>
>>744911053
Let's keep this fucker goin'
>>
One of our Afghan security element guys was called double G. No one could pronounce his name. He spoke english with the thickest british accent I have ever heard. He once got us some "vodka" which was fucking moonshine. I am from the south and I know radiator aged booze when I taste it. it was a great/shitty night.
>>
>>744911390
At least it was a great night, even if a little shitty.
>>
>>744911482
Indeed
>>
>>744911562
Did you get drunk at least?
>>
OH, straya bro.
When you start helping vets just realize that most vets don't want help, and that asking for help is not done in the military. I'm fine means I have feelings inside not expressed. The ones you want to keep helping you will never see again once they are on their feet, and the shit bags, and there are shitbags, you will never get rid of. BUT helping one vet will give you something you will never lose. and you will never get tired of it.
>>
>>744911851
paralytic
>>
File: images (7).jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>>744911971
I have PTSD myself man. I know all the lies people with it tell.

I don't mind that i'll probably never make a friend, i'm in the frame of mind to help them more. Even if we drink coffee for a few hours until they spill a little bit.

I've walked a similar hell, under different circumstances. Knowing i've made a difference to one person is all I need.

>>744912043
Pic related
>>
veterans tend to use a lot of chemicals to cope. its what we call "self medication." they are trying to control their emotions with booze, pot. opioids etc. I speak from experience here. Also there are the cases where the military drugged us up to keep us functional in country, and people got addicted. be aware of that too.
>>
>>744912745
OP here. So do I.

I'm on opiates for back pain. My boyfriend is trying to pressure me to stop taking them, but they numb more than one kind of pain for me.

I smoke weed too. I'd be more than happy to share a smoke with someone.
>>
>>744912959
There is evidence for that not being a bad idea, but its still illegal as hell, and they don't need any more trouble. also if they are controlling your back pain, and not controling your life then they are working. BUT watch your ass they can sneak up on you fast.
>>
>>744912551
As to weather or not you'll make friends doing this. you'll make friends you can't get rid of with a sharp stick and an attack dog. Vets are loyal to people who help us.
>>
>>744913137
They are controlling my back pain, but i'm wading into dangerous waters. I'm being as careful as i can, the dose i'm on is through the roof. Weed on the other hand certainly isn't a bad idea. It helps with the nightmares and appetite.

>>744913465
Good. I don't mind having friends one bit.
>>
>>744913595
as long as you wait till the veteran is stable and functional before going on adventures with them... other wise you will find your self wanted for bank robbery and criminal mischief involving a goat.
>>
>>744913838
I'm fine with criminal mischief involving all sorts of farm animals, heh
>>
>>744914170
lol
time for bed for me. g'night you gentle anons.
thanks for caring about me and those like me.
>>
OP here, need to shower.

Keep it bumped if you like. That would be swell.
>>
>>744914355
Night bud. Sleep well.

You're welcome, and thank you for upholding our freedom.

See you around.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.