[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you give to beggars, /b/? Today I decided never to do so

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

Do you give to beggars, /b/?

Today I decided never to do so again. Walking into town i passed a beggar in the usual spot. When I came back he was gone but had left his little nest of trash for someone else to clean up as usual. It included several containers of perfectly good food - packaged sandwiches, roast chicken etc which people had donated to him. He was neither homeless nor hungry, he wanted cash for drugs.
>>
That's why I never give to bums. 99.99% are ungrateful tweakers who expect us to feel sorry for them when they rob, kill and rape
>>
>>744781478
No. They are most of the time drugged fuckers who are too lazy to even grab government help, and I'm not even talking about jobs.

However street musicians are worth it, most of the time they are just here to give people a good time.
>>
I advise discrimination.

Look at a bum. Decide if they are in desperate need or if they look like an addict. If you are not satisfied by your own appraisal, move on.
You're not perfect and you will give to junkies from time to time, but no system is ever perfect. If a system helps give 10 people money and two of them abuse the system when they didn't really need it, is a system that helped 8 people in need a bad system because of those 2 people?
>>
>>744781478
you can't decide how someone will spend money you give them. if you're ok with that, give. if you are not ok with that, don't give

im not ok with that
>>
>>744781478
Idk if this counts.

I just gave a guy 2 euros like 15 minutes ago for a bus ticket.
He seemed really distressed, and told me some gypsies stole his wallet and phone.
I don't usually give money to beggers but idk he seemed like a nice guy, dressed well, very polite and respectful, and i though why not help him
>>
Yeah fuck those guys. Especially the healthy looking ones you see hanging around for months or even years...

Homeless, hungry, anything helps, god bless.

Bullshit. My city has a soup kitchen and churches do the food bank thing. Then you see them smoking butts or obviously wasted. WTF those are at least six bucks a pack and how about signing up with one of the many temp agencies? I realize that getting buzzed is a viable option when your life has gone to shit, but seriously ... with a little work you cab get yourself a rat-hole apartment.

TL;DR: fuck the beggars, except for the small percentage who are really desperate and not just lazy
>>
>>744781478
everyone have to work for their own good.. i know people who started with nothing and now he has family, kids and a decent job.. its all about dedication and willingness.. giving them money to just live an other day is meaningless to me so i never give them anything.
>>
All they do is spend it on drugs. They'll die anyway
>>
>>744782584
But what if it's 8 people who abuse the system and only 2 who take it serious?
>>
>>744782895
This. People who want to move up and get a nice situation will always succeed. They won't get rich or powerful in most cases, but they can have a decent living.
>>
Sure, most are drug addicts but then most have had horrible fucking lives inflicted on them - poverty, mental illness, abuse etc. Many are former inmates of care homes and had no affection whatsoever in their lives. I'd want to get numbed to my terrible existence too.
>>
>>744781478
What does it matter what the person does. Tbh i used to give change if i had it to most people in my hometown. The city changed me, most beggars are real scumbags they have soo many people to leech off.
>>
Fuck no. I work for my money. I'm not gonna give them away to someone who just wants it.
>>
>>744782556
Musician beggars are not beggars. Most of the time they don't need money, and do it for fun, the money bag is just a way to thank them.

I usually give a coin if the music is good, because unlike the trash beggars they do something to deserve it.
>>
I typically ask them if 80 dollars will help. Then say do you have change for 100.

I like to think it shows the value of always being prepared with some working capital.
>>
>>744782742
Not the same thing, that's just common courtesy
>>
>>744781478
>>>
>Anonymous 09/10/17(Sun)21:13:20 No.744783016▶
he prob left it there for some other homeless

take too much because there is too little
>>
I was homeless for about four monthes about a decade ago. Never so much as bummed a but. Stayed at a shelter and ate at a soup kitchen. Pan handlers piss me off because they make the homeless look bad. Fuck them.
>>
Somebody really needs that so he won't steal for food. It's being really awfull situatiun being dragged away by cops for stealing food. But people won't give you anything because you would start dealing drugs and make your own money... But that's fucking impossible.

There are good people and bad people...

Those who think they are wise give beggars food.
>>
Saw an old man once he wasn't begging. He was crafting little toys out of sticks and nuts he had gathered from the surrounding trees. Not a single person gave to this man. Yet the 2 shady looking gypsie fucks that were just standing around with their hand out got money. Suffice to say I had to buy one of these toys.

Had great run ins with a homeless dude in Amsterdam aswell. Would always sell newspapers out front of the supermarket. Meanwhile he'd watch your bike and bags while shopping or he'd be ready with a light soon as you walked out. The guy never ever asked anyone for a handout nor did he steal the bike or bags you left in his care.

Much respect for the people down on their luck that are still willing to work with what they got to EARN some money.
>>
>>744781478
ITT cheapskates justifying their misery and lack of empathy.
>>
Amsterdam is beggar capital. Faggots get the train in like a business men except they dress in pajama and vest to spin you some hilarious story.
>>
File: turnulete-din-hasdat-03.jpg (172KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
turnulete-din-hasdat-03.jpg
172KB, 800x530px
>>744781478
Fuck no, you give them gypsies money in the west then they come back to Romania building there "gypsy palaces" in the shit and mud out of stealing and begging and local social support since they all make 12 kids and no-one actually works.
>>
>>744781478
The last time I gave money to a beggar (on the side of the road) he was juggling bowling pins. Gave him $10 bucks for the entertainment.
Before that I gave $100 bucks to a young family at a gas station in a van because they reminded me of my old days. They were heading to Florida. Hope they made it.
Now some people make it a business and have houses. My town has a law now that you have to get a begging permit. The only beggars that have a permit have homes. I give them nothing.
>>
>>744783775
>Junkie beggar puts on suit, makes up story, behaves.
>Not the same thing.
Fucking retard.
>>
I never give to bums or charity. Bums just want drug money and charities are mostly scams. Maybe if I personally know somebody who needs help I might give them something but other than that fuck them.
>>
"give a man a fish and you feed him for a day teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime"

> I never give MONEY to beggars.
> Well, food either.

but

>be me
>stopping at red light
>old beggar lady knocks the window
>"money pls"
> told her: "look, i live 500m away >address<.
> come, clean my apartment and i give you ~$20 (worth of our eastern european currency, which is a lot)
> she said "how dare i"
> i was like: "i gave you work opportunity. No free meals in this world"

fun fact: since than i hire homeless woman to clean. benefit for all.
>>
>>744782742
scammed. Hustlers do this shit all the time. Woman near where I work has asked me for taxi money like 3 times so far because she forgot her purse at home. Guess she can't remember the faces of everyone she asks over the months.
>>
>>744784060
They do something in exchange of money. They just don't wait for it to fall in their hands. They actually deserve it.
>>
>>744781478
Most beggars in the City where I work are junkies who come into my workplace trying to steal shit so no I don't give them anything.
>>
>>744784628
A guy pulls this shit where I work as well. Always says he just lost his house.
>>
>>744783874
And he left all his other shit like cardboard boxes for someone else to use too I suppose? Nope. He's a drug-addicted scumbag.
>>
>>744781478
if they approach me and ask sure

but if I can ignore them I will
>>
>>744784113
I'm English and visited Amsterdam a few years ago, was astonished when the beggars instantly recognised me as such and addressed me politely in fluent English. I gave them a Euro each.
>>
>>744784201
That pink one with the turrets looks comfy as fuck.
>>
>>744781478

No, no I don't, unless I know they really need some help and I've learned to tell the difference. Used to volunteer for a social organizations that would help homeless get a government issued ID and other info. It helped them on the track to get a job, open a bank account, etc. Would geniuely help some, but a terrible majority flat out refused because they made a considerable amount off of begging, and would even give shit to the guys at the homeless shelter to the guys that we helped.

Also seen/heard about the routines others run, with their wife or relative dropping them off/picking them up at the end of the day. They turn down legitimate jobs because those require things like reporting income and paying taxes, and its much easier to get free food stamps when you have "no income".
>>
>>744785616
the trick is to say no in the best dutch accent you can.
>>
>>744781478
Live in a 3rd world country for awhile. I guarantee you will never give money to a 1st world beggar ever again. There are so many goddamned govt services and charities available to these parasites, your money is an insult by contrast.

Impose and enforce strict laws, institutionalize the insane, give back public spaces to the good people who deserve to enjoy them.

fuck these scam artist dirtbags.
>>
>>744781478
me every single time:

>"Hey man can you spare some change?"
>"What are you gonna spend it on?"
>"I need to call for a ride"
>or: "I need to get something to eat"
>or: "I need some gas money"
>"Nope, don't have anything I can spare"

>"What are you gonna spend it on?"
>"i need a drink"
>"Well lets go get you something to fucking drink shall we?"
>buy them a plastic bottle of vodka
>>
I don't give since a few months ago. I was at the railway station, beggar asks for some money. I gave 5 EUR, that was my smallest money. Got only a one sentence answer: "Give me 5 more".
>>
>>744781478
Just give em sandwiches, food and water
>>
>>744781478
Dont even care what they us it for. If they want drugs to forget about everythiny so be it. Always had luck giving them food and drinks. Most of them looked at me like i gave them a lot of money. >2 dollar worth of food. Kinda just makes me even feel worse after i gave them something.
>>
>>744788276
this seems like a good idea but it still means fueling their alcoholic tendencies
>>
File: 1503520027288.jpg (16KB, 326x155px) Image search: [Google]
1503520027288.jpg
16KB, 326x155px
If older or obvious veteran, I get extra food / drink, and give it to them if they are always in the same spot every day.
I once took a disabled veteran out to a sub shop and treated him to lunch.
If you just get these people talking to you, its pretty easy to figure out the legit from the players.
>>
>>744782584
Bums have Internet and browse /b/?
>>
I give them money knowing full and well what they'll use it on. Homeless people need to get high too.
>>
File: IMG_0462.jpg (59KB, 612x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0462.jpg
59KB, 612x320px
>>744784227
Begging permit? No way that's a thing
>>
the hand that gives may not be the same that judges. At any moment, the beggar could decide to not buy that next dope and save for food etc.
Also, the idea that everyone starts at the same initial state is ludicrous, for there are lots of people that just can't use cognition effectively, even -before- jump into any fix. The widespread misconception that every beggar is there by merely his choice is more of an excuse than any consistent reasoning.
>>
>>744784601
I gotta start doing this
>>
>>744781478
In my country its a choice to be homeless, the govt will always help you, so fuck em. I used to tho
>>
>>744784601
Thats pretty genius actually. And only fair
>>
>>744783363
>inmates of care homes

What are you on about?
>>
>>744781478
Nope.
>>
>>744784227
I tipped a pizza guy 9 dollars on an eleven dollar order when I was drunk, and never forgave myself .
>>
>>744783766
Kek
>>
>>744781478
I try to buy a homeless person a meal every once in a while, when i can afford it. Giving them money for food when you could buy them food is dumb. They're homeless because they're shit with money after all.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170908-114431.png (810KB, 1080x2220px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170908-114431.png
810KB, 1080x2220px
Nyc fag here.
There are tons of homeless people
When I used to work at a pizzeria I used to just take all the leftovers they were going to throw out and on my way home I gave tons of homeless slices, chicken rolls, etc.
Now that I work in an ice cream store I can no longer do that. But if someone is on the subway and they are polite and have to ask a train full of people then they have balls and are desperate. I usually give a dollar or so.
I never give to people in wheelchairs however, I've seen 4 or 5 people thst did the wheelchair scam that got off at my stop and they always just get out of the wheelchair and reveal their leg or walk just fine.
There's one dude who I knew was a junkie but I always saw him picking up ciggy buds and would use whatever money he had to pay for a shit hole apartment for his wife. Whenever I saw him picking up butts id give him two ciggys from my pack and just talk to him for a half hour waiting for the bus He's a good guy, just last week he told me he was officially going to rehab for heroin. I was very proud of him and even offered to ever call me if he needed me for a comfort call and for a beer when he gets out. Good guy, I wish Kevin the best of luck.

>>744781478
>>
>>744792250
>the hand that gives may not be the same that judges

You can just shove that quote right back up your ass, where it came from. If I'm giving someone something, the least they can do is take a little judgement. I don't know where you're from, but where I live anyone can find work within 2-3 days. They'd have their first check within two weeks. If you can beg, you can work. If you're a wheelchair-bound one eyed retarded nigger, you can go buzz around in a pizza costume waving a sign.
>>
>>744781478
>Do you give to beggars, /b/?
yeah i tip all the time, especially pizza delivery guys

not the same thing you say? youre a deluded fuck

also i dont tip
>>
>>744784628
This is exactly what i had in mind right after it happened.
Looks like i got fooled.
>>
>dosent tip the person you made come to your house to deliver your food
>not paying for services you ask for
?????????
are you an animal?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.