[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calling all Mexicans! I am moving to Mexico City for half a year

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: mexico-26989_960_720.png (89KB, 960x548px) Image search: [Google]
mexico-26989_960_720.png
89KB, 960x548px
Calling all Mexicans!
I am moving to Mexico City for half a year and am looking for places to rent.
Where can I have a look? Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!
>>
I live in Mexico city, It depends on where you need to be. The city is big. If you aren't close to where you need to be the traffic or subway can be a bitch at rushhour. Coyoacan is super nice. Polanco is nice. Also Condesa. Santa Fe is far from the center of the city but is where all the tech companies are.
>>
>>744374102
Forgot to mention. I'm not Mexican. grew up in NY.
>>
Preferably close to Ste Clemente Norte?
>>
>>744374102
Thanks! And any recommendations where I absolutely shouldnt move?
People always say that CDM is so criminal...
>>
San Angel would be the closest and nicest though there might be better around that area. It's further south then most of the places we hang out even though we live near Coyoacan directly east of it.
>>
>>744374562
If you are looking for a place to stay just use your normal sense. It's the same as LA or Detroit. If you visit a place and it looks sketchy it might be. I've traveled a lot of the city and never felt unsafe but there are places i would not want to live. If the area looks nice it generally is but you have to remember the city has a shitload of people and a lot of it was build a long time ago.
>>
Thank God he missed LA.
>>
Avoid Tepito, Morelos, Iztapalapa, Tláhuac and all places near Edomex (estado de México) :)
>>
>>744374606
Thanks!
>>744374766
Ok, well I am not from America, but I also rn live in a reasonably big town with sketchy spots. Though I always find it hard to judge a place when you dont live there yet.
Like, where I live now there are a lot of sketchy people, but when I first moved here, I didnt really realize so I depend on your help. :D
>>
Just remember to hit up Polanco and Condesa for cantinas. Also my wife still won't let me go into a pulqueria alone. Not sure why. also i fucking love it here.
>>
All mexicans want to leave mexico
>>
>>744375014
Ok, Thanks. What is a Pulqueria? It is great to hear that you love it there, that is really motivating, Most people just say I should never go to MC...
Also, is there any good website for looking for apartements to rent?
>>
As somene have already told you better check out for some apartment near your destination, that way youll avoid the awful transportation. Some parts of the sout side of the city are nice too. Check out in segundamano.com maybe there you can find some options.Good luck
>>
File: 264px-Pulquebottle.jpg (37KB, 264x480px) Image search: [Google]
264px-Pulquebottle.jpg
37KB, 264x480px
>>744375144
it's a bar with Pulque. It's an alcohol.
>>
>>744375197
Thanks, I will!
>>744375289
Ah yeah, I remember now. I guess I still have to learn a lot.
>>
Good places to live: Condesa, Polanco, Colonia Roma, Coyoacán, Santa Fe, Pedregal, anywhere near Reforma Avenue, Colonia Del Valle.

Avoid going there at all fucking costs: Iztapalapa, Colonia Doctores, El Rosario, Tepito, Colonia Bravo, Ciudad Nezahualcoyotl.

There's crime in every corner of the city, but the rates change a lot from zone to zone. Still, you wanna keep your eyes open and not look like an easy prey at any time. You'll be perfectly fine in the good zones that I listed above, tho. Oh and also, Mexico City has a lot of "frontier" zones where rich and poor neighbourhoods meet. You literally cross a street and you're on a punk ass zone. Just keep your eyes open and avoid any shaggy looking places.

And yeah, something I'd like to underline is: LIVE CLOSE TO YOUR WORKPLACE OR SCHOOL. Taking the subway at rush hours absolutely sucks, and being stuck in traffic sucks big time, too. If you're unlucky you can spend 1-2 hours going from place to place.
>>
>>744373925
Condesa, Roma, Polanco are the "nice neighborhoods". You can also check out the colonia Juarez near Reforma, its a hip place. you can also try something near the center of Coyoacan. Someone mentioned San Angel which is also nice and traditional.

Just beware: even in the nicest zones you can get mugged. Be careful.
>>
>>744373925
You mentioned san clemente norte, so preferably lodge yourself near Mixcoac or San Angel. Santa Fe is also relatively near if you own a car. These are nice zones, but justmake a wrong turn in a corner and you can end up in some of the shittiest zones in the city: Alvaro Obregon is a borough with botg really rich zones and horrible poverty belts.
>>
>>744375579
>>744375589
Thanks!
I think I will save this thread because I cant remember all the places. I guess I will just have a look what is closest to my workplace.
>>
>>744375947
Good luck OP, be safe.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.