[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are all things meaningless because we will all eventually die

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: wa.jpg (15KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
wa.jpg
15KB, 320x320px
Are all things meaningless because we will all eventually die and any trace of our existance will vanish?

Or are all things invaluable because this is the only life we get and nothing matters other than now?
>>
>>744356000
Checked. Also imo as long as I don't suffer too much in life, it's worth living just to jack off.
>>
>>744356000
Existence doesn't vanish or won't vanish for long time

Experiences and recollection is one form of entity
>>
music doesn't have meaning either. it's just a bunch of notes that sound nice together. enjoy it till its over
>>
>>744356000
Yes.
>>
File: 1504544522970.jpg (42KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
1504544522970.jpg
42KB, 500x441px
The only purpose is to continue your bloodline. Make it as beautifull and pure as you can and teach your children to do the same untill your bloodline is finally perfect.
>>
File: 1504601982139.jpg (48KB, 512x390px) Image search: [Google]
1504601982139.jpg
48KB, 512x390px
>>744356000
I want you to consider this anon:

If I make a t-shirt and I leave it and you find it, is it still mine or is it yours?

What I want to say, do things have purpose? Or men?

Men do, and men define the purpose.

Also checked.
>>
>>744356000
Life, the universe and everything is meaningless. But you got one change to contemplate the existence before die and be forgotten forever, so live and do whatever the fuck you want; or just die, won't make a difference.
>>
>>744356000
Porque no los dos?
>>
>>744356181
They are, but how long do memories last? Think of any random guy from the roman empire, after their sons and grandsons died who could remember them, maybe when some people ask who used to own the land, but after the place burned down or whatever no trace of him will be left in history, even famous people who are written in books, if they all burn out and everyone who cared about them dies no one will remember them, as if they never existed at all
>>
>>744356000

Well thats a shit way to think about it.

Enjoy the ride and try to be a good person. Its the only thing you will ever have - so why not do it right?
>>
>>744356000
Ah, the mid-week existential crisis.

Both OP... both.

Nothing matters in the grand scheme of things, but everything matters on the individual level. Since you are an individual, I suggest you live your life the best way you can.
>>
>>744356988
I literally think about this every single day (not 24 hours, just constantly) so it doesnt really bothers me, wouldnt categorise it as crisis
>>
File: IMG_6272.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6272.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>744356848
(not OP)
I believe the actions of people who lived generations ago still directly influence our lives in some way, even if that effect diminishes with time, it can never logically go away. (Chain-of-events sort of thing)

Even though we're not aware of their lives in a manifested physical state (memory in the brain), their actions still contributed to changes that led to the creation of our current conscious experience.

So in a way we're all one, because everything exists, that ever has, or ever will happen, is part of this more grand, cosmological consciousness that we're also a part of.

(Took me so long to choose an image I forgot what I just wrote.
I'm really High on meth still)
>>
>>744356848
I didn't honestly think of it that way. I thought more like short term.
>>
>>744356000
Yes
>>
>>744357729
Oooh, I thought you said in
>>744356181

> Experiences and recollection is one form of ETERNITY

Which is what sparked my train of thought for my post, interestingly enough
>>
>>744356000
Do you think about the first bacteria that lived in the oceans billions of years ago? No probably not, but did they matter? I would say so. You cant count to a minute in 59 seconds saying that the 1 second didnt matter. Our species is on a journey that lasts millions of years but you'll only live through a blink of that. But still you matter anon. You are important to me <3
>>
File: 1503115510204.gif (1MB, 200x177px) Image search: [Google]
1503115510204.gif
1MB, 200x177px
>>744359981
this, yes
>>
File: osho quote.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
osho quote.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
>>744359981
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.