[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Car just exploded, insurance company won't do a thing to

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (36KB, 498x295px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
36KB, 498x295px
Car just exploded, insurance company won't do a thing to help and I still have a year to pay it off.

Cheer me up or kick me while I'm down. Dealer's choice.
>>
How did it explode
>>
Cars don't explode.
>>
Lying faggot.
>>
>>744274512
Car just exploded, hmm your fault or no fault of your own?
>>
>>744275448
He probably worked out some huge plan to get out of debt with his new tangled car exploder
>>
File: Worst Trade.jpg (53KB, 750x515px) Image search: [Google]
Worst Trade.jpg
53KB, 750x515px
>loses car
>doesn't get insurance money
>>
If video games have taught us anything, someone must have sprayed some bullets at the car's gas tank
>>
>>744274512
wasnt that the picture from the news when note 7 "destroyed" someones car?
>>
>>744274512
>buy good insurance
>don't buy new
>don't buy on credit
>if you're dumb enough to buy on credit, buy gap insurance

inb4 "wahh, I'm too poor to pay cash for a car, nobody does that! Everyone buys on a car loan! You're stupid!"

"Poor" is often a misnomer, it's more accurate to say that they're stupid. "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Buy a used Jap economy shitbox (think 10 year old Honda Civic or Toyota Yaris), as they're generally fucking indestructible, and get good insurance. Start saving the money you would have been spending on a car loan and put it into a money market or high-yield savings account. When you have enough money, sell the shitheap and buy a nice car.

Bring on the hate, faggots
>anon is a fag who doesn't understand deficit finance
>must be easy to tell others how to spend their money
>I bet he's a Republican

Stay poor, retards. Remember: in a huge majority of cases, poverty is a symptom of the real problem: stupidity.
>>
>>744274512
>cancels comprehensive insurance
>torched car for insurance money

Winrar
>>
>>744276514
Says the guy who frowned upon my gambling problem
>>
>>744276514

aww someone took a dave ramsey class and thinks he knows shit about shit
>>
>>744275304
>>744275448

Once shortly after changing his fuel filter my cousins Geo Metro fucking exploded
It began to breathe fire from the dash while he was driving and a few minutes later it had fucking exploded
I had always wondered what must have went wrong?
>>
>>744276886
You don't need to take a Dave Ramsey class to figure this stuff out. It's common sense.
>>
>>744276939
KEK! Obviously the filter was leaking, or had some malfunction, or he installed it wrong (was probably loose on the block, if you had fuel coming out of the dash). Not the piece of shit cars fault.
>>
>>744276886
Consumer debt is like selling yourself into slavery. If everything you need to live is owned by someone else, you're basically a slave to them. What happens if you stop making payments? Or lose your job?

Now, please extol the virtues of willfully becoming a slave because you wanted a bigger truck to compensate for your tiny, permanently flaccid penis.
>>
>>744277301
You've gone too far the other way faggot. You aren't a slave for having debt. When you buy something using debt, you still own that something even if there is a lien against it.

Don't take on debt to buy stupid shit because it's financially stupid, not because of some bizarre slavery analogy.
>>
never understood why people buy things on credit
always seemed counter-productive
>>
>>744277601
Most people don't have $15000 to lay down on an automobile
>>
>>744276939
>fuel filter
>Geo Metro
That filter was worth more than the whole car
>>
>>744277601
Depends on the thing you are buying and why you're buying it on credit. Sometimes it makes sense.
>>
>>744277688
Then don't buy a $15000 automobile.
>>
>>744277769
no fuck you i'm buying the $36,000 car i cant afford
>>
>>744274512
Buy a new car and make America great again.
>>
>>744277511
that's where you're completely wrong. you don't own shit. your creditor owns it until the debt is repaid. you think they won't repossess your car if you stop making payments? you think the title for the car is in your name?
>>
>>744277601
sure is, especially when that investment depreciates in value.. not just slowly over time.. but rapidly.. depending on the vehicle.

>>744277688
I disagree. most people are fucking retards and don't want to live within their means.
>>
>>744277688
if you aren't able to save $15,000, what makes you think you can afford to make payments on a $15,000 loan?
>>
>>744274512
>2010+
>Not getting a vehicle loan that has a lime written in saying if the car is undriveable you don't have to pay the remainder
This is literally standard in any non shady cat deal.
>>
catalytic converters can catch fire, I have a friend who has a limo business and has just lost a car to the cat catching fire .
>>
I literally just bought a new 2017 Camaro 2SS on a loan. The vehicle I got the vehicle down to 42 with taxes here in Texas. I am only financing 25k. Honestly. I love credit and buying stuff with it.
>>
>>744277964
>value depreciation
some cars lose half of their value the minute the leave the lot!
>>
>>744277891
>you don't own shit
Yes, you do. You have the rights to it.
> you think they won't repossess your car if you stop making payments
It's called a lien.
>you think the title for the car is in your name?
Cars are a specific case where you might not be the legal owner, but that does not apply to debt in general.
>>
>>744276514
Totally true. No one has any business buying a new car unless you're making an excess of 50k a year in a flyover state or 100k a year in a high cost of living state. And if you can't buy your car entirely with cash, you're fucking up. That monthly car payment will fuck your shit up financially.

I owned nothing but 1000 dollar decade-old jap beaters for the first decade of my work life and they treated me just fine. I've only just now got a car I actually like.

But lol at someone making 25k a year who thinks they can afford to buy a 10k car on credit.... that's how you wind up as an adult working 40 hours a week but still living at parents, only to get it repoed when you have some big disaster and can't scrounge up the 500 buck payment you owe per month....

Americans have a whole culture of buying shit they can't afford on credit and it *always* fucks them in the ass. Moral of the story is if you can't afford it today, you likely can't afford it tomorrow, so you just don't fucking buy on credit.

I have no credit card and I never will, it's a fucking scam. Eventually those credit dumbasses get the point that there minimum credit payment is literally their entire paycheck so they simply have to pay the minimum which cleans their bank account and then they can *only* buy things on credit, rinse and repeat next month.
>>
>>744277688
first, don't buy a $15000 car
second, just don't buy things you couldn't afford in the first place

>>744277739
no it doesn't
>>
>>744278379
>I have no credit card and I never will, it's a fucking scam
Only if you're clueless, which admittedly a lot of people are. If you aren't clueless, it's literally free money (for you).

>be me
>been using credit cards for over a decade
>never paid one cent in interest
>>
>>744274512
If your car exploded, you can clearly sue someone. Likely you got a faulty model car that has quickly develops cracks in the tank or something like that. Look up a class action suit for that model, surely there's something. Or maybe your local mechanic did some fuel pump work or something and botched it.....

I guarantee if you play your cards right you can *at least* get the car paid down, but likely be up about 10k...

Cars don't just explode for no reason and if your's did, someone is liable. Even if you wrecked it, they should be engineered not to explode.
>>
>>744278506
>no it doesn't
Yes, it does. It's called leverage and diversification.
>>
>>744278379
>But lol at someone making 25k a year who thinks they can afford to buy a 10k car on credit... only to get it repoed when you have some big disaster and can't scrounge up the 500 buck payment you owe per month....

This. So much this. People don't save for a disaster. I experienced two catastrophic incidents in the same month which resulted in medical bills and vet bills... totaling nearly $7,000. It killed a bunch of my savings, but i still have a small emergency fund left. What happened to me would financially break most people for years.
>>
>>744278597
>consumer debt
>diversification

debt is not an investment, you gaping fuckhole.
>>
>>744278766
this.
>>
>>744278766
Hint: Mortgages.

Debt actually is an investment from the lender side. From the borrower side, it isn't an investment, but it can be a tool for investing.

If you sink the bulk of your net worth into a house and then the house is destroyed, guess what? You're fucked.
If you sink a portion of your net worth into a house and then the house is destroyed, guess what? Less fucked (assuming a non-recourse mortgage, which most are).

From an investment standpoint, you are getting leverage to be able to generate more profit. There's a reason the banks do this themselves.
>>
>>744274512
Sounds like you weren't properly insured. Sorry you're too stupid to read an insurance policy.
>>
>>744279024
you are aware that mortgages generally aren't considered "consumer" debt, right?

mortgages, and debt that generates revenue are in an entirely different class.

Consumer debt is shit like cars, TVs, laptops, vacations, etc.

Consumer debt is NEVER an investment, and it's a good way to fuck yourself into paying too much for goods and services, and a good way to ruin your life if you're fucking stupid (and most people are)
>>
>>744278512
This, bro. Cars don't explode and if yours did, someone is responsible.

Need more details, did you wreck it or how did it explode. Due to the fact that it *could* have killed you, you honestly might be able to get the equivalent of a year's pay out for this disaster.

Only way you could *not* get paid for this is if you did some shoddy work on the fuel lines or fuel pump or something like that. Otherwise, either the car manufacturer or some mechanic (who did bad work) owes you. They owe you big.
>>
>>744279274
>you are aware that mortgages generally aren't considered "consumer" debt, right?
Considering the original comment merely said credit, that's irrelevant.
>>
>>744279024
>From an investment standpoint, you are getting leverage to be able to generate more profit

translated: from an investmen stantpoint (meaningless filler) you are getting leverage (the bank lends to you) so that you can make more money on the investment.

No. The bank lends to you to make a fucking profit for itself.

Don't play bullshit bingo here
>>
>>744279504
The bank lends to you to make a fucking profit for itself.
You borrow from the bank to make a fucking profit for yourself as well.
Win-Win.
>>
>>744279396
well then i guess you win by technicality. clearly your information is highly relevant to the common man, and is completely representative of the types of debt the average person will incur.

btw, do you huff your farts in public? or only in private? i bet you sniff them from a wine glass, you prick.
>>
>>744277877
That's why you've been driving that rust bucket? Bc Obama never told you not to
>>
>>744276514
>high yield savings accnt
>high yield money market
You're a moron
>>
>>744279618
The common man tends to look at getting a mortgage. They aren't usually doing it to get leverage, but it's still relevant.
>>
>>744279578
>You borrow from the bank to make a fucking profit for yourself as well

Like when you borrow to buy a car? when you sell that honda shitbox after 10 years for the profit?
>>
>>744279704
>high yield savings accnt
>high yield money market

Yes, srsly, moron detected.
>>
>>744279752
You're either a troll or a retard. Cars are depreciating assets that don't (typically) generate revenue. Houses tend to appreciate in value and can be rented out.
>>
>>744278004
Stupidity. It makes anything seem possible, especially when the tv tells them so
>>
>>744279718
no, actually, it's fucking not. if they're not buying the house as an investment (i.e. they're buying a place to live, which is what MOST people do) it's not relevant at all.

Jesus Fucking Tap-Dancing Christ on a Cracker! you are one stupid motherfucker! in fact, you're SO FUCKING STUPID that i'm now convinced you actually work in the financial sector.
>>
>>744277688
I laid 15k down on a 60k. I def didn't have 60k.
>>
>>744278512
>being broke
>sueing
Someone watches a sure lot of television
>>
>>744279816
>it's not relevant at all
Yes, it is, as it still provides diversification so all your eggs aren't in one basket.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.