[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Americans so obsessed with that you must own a car?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

Why are Americans so obsessed with that you must own a car?

I visited the U.S a while ago, and every person that asked was shocked when I told him that I don't need a car as I live in a city.
>>
you live in a city?
I'm shocked.
>>
>>744274367
i'm shocked that you are shocked
>>
File: IMG_1642.jpg (100KB, 604x471px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1642.jpg
100KB, 604x471px
>>
>>744274236
I'm shocked you talked to someone about where you live.

Why'd you do that?

You shouldn't have done that.
>>
File: shocked_home_alone1.jpg (55KB, 670x670px) Image search: [Google]
shocked_home_alone1.jpg
55KB, 670x670px
>>744274236
>>744274367
>>744274401
>>744274530
>>
>>744274236
I'm shocked about the shocking fact that they are shocked by your disbelief and shock
>>
Why wouldn't you want a car, wherever you live? Affordable ones can be found
>>
>>744274236
because in 99% of the country it is extremely difficult to go about your daily life without owning a vehicle, unless you know someone willing to give you a ride to work/class/wherever. public transport, if its even available, is usually absolute shit if not located in a big city. american cities and rural areas are not designed in the same way that many european places are

any more questions?
>>
>>744274401
no, it's just, you sound like such a countryboy, yihaa.
>>
>>744274236
A combination of independence and sprawl. It's three miles to the grocery store where I live, and there's no mass transit to speak of, so it's a necessary evil. That said, if I lived in a city like New York, I probably wouldn't bother with one.
>>
>>744274236
S
H
O
C
K
E
S H O C K E D
H
O
C
K
E
D
>>
>>744274236
I wish I didn't need a car to get around in the shit city I live in, but I do
>>
Because America is set up to the point where you almost need a car outside of a city. There is no public transportation in alot of areas. Especially rural. Add into that the sheer size of the country it is hard to set up that infrastructure.
>>
>>744274236
I'm shocked that you would visit the USA just because you live in a city.
>>
>>744274236
WARNING WARNING..... Eurofag Detected......
>>
>>744274767
you absolutely do need a car outside the city if youre independent, and inside almost every city as well
>>
>>744274236
Because the US is fucked and has no working public transport that's why they all need fucking cars
>>
>>744274236
Everywhere in america is built like you are going there in a car.
>>
because the u.s. is huge. No one is going to walk 10+ miles to and from work. Your shitty little country, you probably can walk across in half a day.
>>
>>744274925
it easy to have public transportation when you live in a dinky little piss country.
>>
>>744275297
it's easy to have public transport If you don't live in a shitty country with a terrible government
>>
>>744274709
Nail on the head. Now fuck off op no one cares that you don't own a car
>>
>>744274236
Americans love the idea of freedom of mobility; the idea you can get in your own car and drive yourself wherever the hell you want to go
>>
>>744274236
Consider me properly shocked
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.