[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's a McStrike. Living wage in London: £9.15 Wage at

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 249
Thread images: 8

File: mx.png (63KB, 789x463px) Image search: [Google]
mx.png
63KB, 789x463px
It's a McStrike.
Living wage in London: £9.15
Wage at McDonalds: £7.60

Discuss.
Pic related
>>
>>744273250
If they ask for 10 they're more likely to get closer to 9

I say good on them
>>
Go to college
>>
As for those who say it's not a real job them going on strike won't influence them and thus shouldn't bother them, and if it does well they need to acknowledge that someone needs to do the job and thus they deserve a living for it.
>>
>it's another people pretend like the demand for Mcdonalds food isn't through the roof thread

Mcdonalds is like the Apple of fastfood, people just want it and they want it now, but they make peanuts and get treated like slaves.
the food is fast because the labor makes it fast, it's not magic and for labor to continue these people need to get paid.

there is no better food service job than Mcdonalds, how does a student find a better job???
>>
>>744273373
If the people working there left to go into debt in higher education the people who came after would still have the problem of doing the job for not enough to live, unless you are suggesting we close down all McDonalds and fast food places. I'm down for that one.
>>
>>744273250
>>744273250
Fucking youtubing bitch.
>>
>>744273558
have you ever heard of student loan debt in bongland?
>>
>>744273250
>asking government for money => bad
>asking employer for money => bad
>bigger payment for the work == handouts
is that retard a stockholder or what?
>>
>>744273637
Yes my friend is in it, just cos the debt doesn't trigger till you earn a set amount doesn't make it not exist, he's still in education and already owes £100,000.
>>
>stop expecting hand outs
>but do expect to get handed out a decent job

the children who post this stuff haven't had to work yet, they have no idea what a hand out is.
i guess getting a raise is a handout now?
>>
>>744273250
>pay is bad at job
>need more money
>find different job or get additional employment to cover expenses

Why is this so hard for people to fucking figure out?
>>
Who cares. Let em have it. The economy is fucked everywhere anyway. The faster we bring it all down, the faster the next generation can make a new one.
>>
>>744273541
Wrong. Apple is the exact opposite of McDonalds. Apple is an overpriced luxury item marked up due to its perceived 'coolness'. McDonald's is is popular because it's cheap as shit, fast and consistent. This has nothing to do with the staff and everything to do with automating a production line with as little human interference as possible. McDonald's staff assemble burgers. They do not cook them.
>>
>>744273814
See
>>744273558
Replace education with other job.
As for second job, what Job and which hours? Or is working 60 hour weeks too few?
>>
>>744273880
>wrong
it wasn't a direct comparison to Apple, you dimwit, so it's not wrong.
the demand for Mcdonalds is like the demand for Apple. there, i spelled it out for you.

discard everything you said in your last post because i didn't read it, no reason to.
>>
>>744273250

mcdonald's is where you work when you live in your moms basement. sorry, you can't expect to have your own place when working at mcdonalds.
>>
>>744273880
Other than the tills due to most food tech not yet being passed as legal in the UK there is near 0 automation in a uk McDonalds
>>
How is asking for a wage rise to fit with the cost of living asking for a handout? Ffs attitude like that pisses me off. I know Americans are really cunty with their 'muh handout' bullshit, I fucking hope it doesn't start to spread to other parts of the world.
>>
>>744273250
There's like two outlets striking, and guess what, neither of them are in London. You fake news mother fucker
>>
>>744273965
spoken like an ignorant person. i know white people with families who work there.
>>
>>744273896
If the only job you can get is putting french fries into a box you need to fucking grow up, or an hero, or fucking move somewhere the living costs aren't so high.

If you cannot find work that will cover your living expenses where you live, why do you live there? Are people really this stupid? Or just lazy?
>>
>>744273617
and youtube is a real job? lmao what stupid cunt
>>
>>744274065
you're biased because you aren't in that situation, not easy to see why you have zero empathy, probaby a shit person too.
>>
>>744273558
>the people who came after
That's the thing. It's supposed to be a rotating door of inexperienced people getting a first time job, save for the few managers. If you aren't planning on moving up the ladder, this isn't a job you are supposed to hold down for years and years into adulthood.
>>
You do not deserve a living wage, nobody does. If you are not getting one, get a better job, you are free to do so. Forcing an employer to pay you more is theft. Minimum wage is theft. Taxes are theft. That being said if you want to strike, strike. Just be prepared to have your job automated.

Welcome to the free market, you are not special, is the value you produce flipping precooked burger patties really worth a living wage?
>>
>>744274155
says who? Mcdonalds tells you the exact opposite of what you just said in the orientation.

people are just saying shit shit because that's what they believe.
you really don't know jack shit.
>>
>>744273951
Autism, the post. You're a fucking idiot
>>
>>744273250
>wants to support himself by working McD
so don't live in london, it's too expensive anyway
>>
>>744274134
They are probably a conservative in which case their brain is so small they can't see past their own nose and life situation. same as trump.
>>
>>744274216
>doesn't explain why, just, youre an idiot and autism

>>744274184
who are you to say what people deserve?
>>
>>744274261

Nobody owes you anything for being a person. Love for yourself and don't expect others to love for you.

T. Atlas shrugged
>>
>>744274062
And are they making it on that McDonald's pay?
>>
ITT: arrogant faggots who get off on telling people what they deserve and don't want to see anyone catch a break
>>
>>744274325
Live*
>>
>>744274155
so your saying we should starve our inexperienced people so that the largest fastfood chain in the world can earn record profits ??
>>
>>744274325
no one said anything about owing anyone for being a person, you made that up.

>>744274335
yeah, they are. open your tiny little brain, they aren't single and have 2 sources of income.
>>
>>744274134
Nice projection, cunt. For several years I worked two and sometimes three jobs to make ends meet. I finally got tired of that shit and moved to a place where there were more opportunities for me to get decent paying work. The housing costs were also much cheaper. So not only did I find better paying work, I also did not have to pay exorbitant housing and utility costs. It gave me the extra income to start my own business.
>>
>>744274228
this
>>
>>744274325
oh god that book sucked so much and that philosophy is so defunct it isn't funny.
>>
>>744274399

Then why would mcd owe you more money than the value you produce?
>>
>>744274214
Because mcdonald's understands that if people believe they'll be there for a long time then they'll give a shit about their work. Otherwise they won't and mcdonald's has a major problem with workers that don't give a fuck. It's not a job that's supposed to support a family. It's supposed to be a first time job or just something to make a little money during college. Get your experience at MCD and move on to a better job
>>
>>744274214
Because they don't want to debase their employees day one by saying "yeah, you'll be out of here in a couple of years, so no need to worry about doing a good job anyway." Do you honestly think grown ass people are meant to have the job they got as a 15 year old, doing literal grunt work over a stove or cash register until they retire?
>>
>>744274408
yeah, you used to be in that position and i bet you used to have a different opinion, now you're biased. so no, it really isn't a projection.
that honestly makes it even worse. you knew what it was like, now you're just antagonizing people.

fuck you.
>>
>>744274391
No, I'm saying this is a job for teenagers who don't have to worry about making a living. Not for people trying to raise a family.
>>
>>744274062
Well, let these "people you know" that they've had a chain of horrible life decisions to end up trying to support a family at a job meant for kids with no resume yet.
>>
File: 451.jpg (39KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
451.jpg
39KB, 640x640px
>souls of the damned
More like souls of your employees.
>>
>>744274444
That philosophy built the modern world until you commie fucks decided your Lefty politics where going to work this time
>>
>>744274451
employers can pay whatever they want.

>>744274459
where do you get this disinfo about how it's supposed to be people's first time job? the majority of people working there are 20+ years old. you're stuck in the past hardcore.

>>744274469
people retired doing factory grunt work, what are you even talking about?

basically, you're all ignorant and making up rules because these are rules you want to believe. you want to see people down, just admit it.
>>
>>744274399
>yeah, they are
So then what's the problem :^)
>>
>>744273814
why don't I strap on my job helmet, squeeze down into a job cannon, and fire off into job land, where jobs grow on jobbies
>>
>>744273250

Britfag with no real qualifications here.

I used to work as a 'kitchen porter' in a pub (basically I washed shit) and I did that for almost a year while being paid £6.50 per hour.

Instead of demanding that I get paid more to do completely unskilled work I quit and got a better job in an office where I'm paid £10.60 per hour.

these cunts demanding more to do completely unskilled work need to take some personal responsibility and get a job that pays more.
>>
>>744273951
Apple is shit
>>
>>744274632
T. Antifa
>>
>>744274391
fastfood chain jobs use to be for teenagers to make pocket money, not for people to raise a family.
>>
That's weird. I work for McDonald's and make 158k a year. What's the problem?
>>
>>744273457
It's Mcdonalds nobody has to do that job, in fact society would be better off if nobody did.
>>
>>744274134
Here's an idea: stop bitching and move somewhere you can afford.

Who the fuck is dumb enough to try to live in a major metropolitan area on a McDonald's paycheck? The same person that's so stupid that their only option for employment is fast food.
>>
>>744274606
People retire from factories because they get paid enough to take care of themselves and their families there.
>>
>>744274484
No, I am saying that if the people wanted to better, they have to put in the effort. I could have stayed at jobs that were menial and paid shit and complained about it for my whole life and then blamed the system because my life still sucked, but I didn't I made the effort to go out and change my circumstances. I didn't blame the garden center I worked at for paying me to little, or the restaurant I worked at for not giving me enough hours. When I left those places, they didn't shut down, they found another grunt to do the work I was doing. I was not a special worker that the business' success rode on. It was work literally anyone else could do. I did not find any enjoyment in toiling away my life and made a change. If you are too lazy or scared to make decisions to better yourself and would rather bitch about they system, then no, fuck you.
>>
>>744274693
>T. Antifa
it's a line from its always sunny in phili, personally I think the government should have some control over the cost of living in an area via housing costs and a minimum wage for businesses in that area, a business has no business existing if it can't pay a living wage, teenagers should not be working they should be learning, besides they almost always do a shit job anyways
>>
# of decent & "real" jobs < # of working age people

Just pull up your bootstraps anons, and go get a "real" job. ;>)
>>
Feels good to live in a country where a full time mcdonalds salery is enough to make a decent living.
>>
>>744274632
Maybe you should get some fucking skills employers want.
>>
>>744274776
yes, because they took care of their employees. Mcdonalds does not take care of their employees.

and this is why we have a strike. not hard to figure out, but it's hard for ignorant people.

you guys basically want everyone to be as miserable as you, it's sad.
>>
My mom works in a shop only get €9h
>>
>>744274391
You just went full retard dude
>>
>>744274842
We have a labor shortage in my area. Unemployment is less than 3% and every place in town is trying to expand.

Don't speak so generally.
>>
>>744274900
If McDonalds does not take care of their employees, then why do people work there?
>>
>>744274871
sure, i'll just go collect these free skills that won't put me into debt while not paying my rent because I'm busy skill building
>>
>>744274979

Lack of options
>>
>>744274484
Wouldn't being in both positions suggest that they are qualified to be unbiased
>>
Minimum wage jobs are there for people with minimum experience, minimum skills, and minimum motivation. They're not intended to be "living wage" jobs - they're a stepping stone to a living wage job.

If you;re getting minimum wage, it's because you lack skills, experience, or motivation. You want to blame someone for that, best to look in the mirror.
>>
>>744274900
Do you think back breaking and accident prone factory work should pay the same as running a cash register and grill?
>>
>>744275050
there is no valid excuse for a stepping stone job in the modern world, its a poor excuse to ask for unpaid labor or a piss poor excuse for paid internship to adulthood
>>
>>744274484
Reality doesn't care about your feelings or the feelings of unskilled burger flippers. Your father has failed you and let you turn into an emotional pussy with no ability to use logic and rationalization. Condolences.
>>
>>744275025
Mist factories will hire people who have never worked in one before. You can learn many valuable engineering skills in one, if you aren't a lazy shit with no ambition.
>>
>>744273250
McDonald's in general shouldn't exist. The jobs they expect their workers to do aren't worth a living wage, and they just slowly poison the patrons so all in all it's a pretty shitty business.
>>
>>744275126
Yes there is. The labor isn't worth the cost. End of story.
>>
>>744274683
this
>>
>>744275167
>Most factories
they sure do, but they aren't everywhere, I was born and raised in a small town that grew larger and had all its housing replaced with 3 story mansions, the only work around here is either navy base or retail, and I'm not selling myself to uncle sam
>>
shitttt, I remember working in mcdonalds when I was 16, in south west cornwall. the pay was like £3.90 or some shit. I remember being really happy when I got a payrise to £4.15. Makes me sick when I think about it.
>>
>>744274823
You must be young then and not understand that EVERYTHING the government touches turns to shit. It's like the Midas touch of excrement
>>
People get trapped in jobs real quick.
Bills, rent etc...a.k.a "cost of living" needs to be paid somehow.

Given the amount of societal fucking sponges we all pay for in tax, I'm just glad they're working, albeit for a pittance. If I had it my way I'd rather my tax £££'s were supplementing lower paid workers than lazy junkies and scroungers.
>>
>>744273250
apparently 10 eurobucks is about 12 dollars in real money. no fast food worker is worth that much. 10 dollars i could maybe get down with but that pushing it
>>
>>744275025
Maybe spend less time on a chinese cartoon board and go to a library or volunteer somewhere. I learned how to be a plumber and welder without paying a dime by volunteering with Habitat for Humanity a couple of days a month. I got hooked up with some contractors that took me on as an apprentice. Get off the computer and go do something productive. You never know where it might lead
>>
People forget so much history. How do you think good jobs were created you stupid cunts. You think companies just love to dig into their pockets and give you anything. Ya negotiate them to and other companies are forced to compete
>>
>>744275235
why isn't the labor worth the cost? why don't they manage their employees better? why not have less workers, that work harder, and get paid/treated better
>>
>work 40+ hours a week
>doesn't deserve a living wage
>>
>>744275035
Those lack of options aren't McDonalds fault.
>>
>>744275356
Correct, you don't
>>
>>744273250
Are people really this dumb? If you don't have a background in any Fucking job, why do you think I should shell out 10$/h so you can play on snapchat and steal food
>>
>>744275126
Especially given, with pretty much all first world nations outsourcing digital services and manufacturing jobs to impoverished nations in order to massively cut labor costs (while posting record profits), there ARE NO other jobs. You go in for a job interview, and you're 45th in line. You have to beat out 45 other people to get a shitty, entry level, not-technically-minimum-wage-and-with-actual-room-for-growth job.

I have a degree in engineering. I work in retail (and have for 6 years), because who the fuck would hire a domestic engineer when you can hire one from halfway around the world that's willing to work for half what I am? He's making 5x what he could expect to make at home, and I'm expected to lower myself to half what SHOULD be my wage just so I can compete with him in the labor market?

Fuck that.

>Oh, well you should just start your own business!

With what money, motherfucker!?
>>
>>744275349
People don't begin working harder just because you pay them more.
>>
>>744273250
They'd make more just leaving the job and picking up the numerous benefits the government offers and then we'd all be paying. Sure. Let's do that.
>>
>>744275126
Out here in the real world there's something called supply and demand. People with no skills are not in demand so they have to work stepping stone jobs to gain experience/skill.

> Your labor is a product you sell to your employer. If your only skill is flipping burgers, your labor isn't worth that much.
>>
If you do something that can be replaced by a bot/kiosk two things are true:
a) It will not pay well.
b) it will be replaced.

This is not some debatable theory. It is an absolute certainty.
>>
>>744273250
Well hopefully those striking get McFired.
What happens if they get their wishes and make 10/hour is the entire cost is passed along to the customer - cost for all goods goes up to compensate so wage payroll can be met but profit margins for the company stay the same.
That means your cheapest menu items are now normal prices, and the other items go up accordingly now.
In reality what happens as well from the drastic price raised is loss of business - people no longer find it inexpensive to eat there. So, in order to make ends meet and keep profits, shifts are made smaller, workers are let go, and those that do remain now work longer hours in order to compensate. The company plays to the letter with overtime laws - that means if they can get away with not paying overtime, they will.
Likely though they cut back everyone's hours and just start hiring many, many workers doing 3-5 hour shifts daily making sure everyone is only part time employees and subject to a different set of wage laws for part time employees - one that is sustainable to the company to keep prices low and wages at current company offerings.
So employees end up screwing themselves by demanding more but in the long run making much less due to restricted hours and now have to find another part time job to make ends meet.
Good job.
>>
>>744275273
Then fucking move somewhere else where there are jobs, or stay where you are at and bitch. The choice is yours and only yours. Stop making excuses.
>>
>>744275400
If I had the choice between 40 hour work week and unemployment with welfare and my shitty life doesn't change, I would choose welfare.

You can't expect people to work for your conpany if they can't live off of what they're working for.
>>
>>744275449
Lmfao, maybe get a job that people will always need? I'm an Electrician and a Carpenter and a Plumber, if Electrician gets slow, I Frame houses, if that slows down, I go to plumbing, if that slow down, I'm back to Electrician
>>
>>744275498
they sure don't, that's why you fire the people that don't work, lazy people make the workplace terrible for customer and co-worker alike, but a living wage attracts just as many good people as it does bad
>>
i cannot wait until fast food workers are replaced with robots
>>
>>744275356
>make milkshakes
>think that is a career that deserves high wages and benefits
>>
>>744275498
That may be true, but people sure as hell aren't going to work hard for a pittance
>>
>>744275584
yeah, i'll just move with no money, I sure do want to be a homeless vagrant
>>
>>744275356
>>744275519

And to continue on that, the cost of the labor to you is your time and effort, that doesn't make it worth more. If I spend 30 mins on the can instead of 5, my shit is not 6x more valuable. It's still shit
>>
>>744275349
>why isn't the labor worth the cost
Anyone can do it, and there will always be someone willing to.
>>
>>744275633
Dubs of truth>>744275611
>>
>>744275633
this.
>>
>>744275519
You could argue that the skill provided is customer service, sanitation, food preparation, and money handling.

There is no such thing as unskilled labor, though there are unskilled laborers.

Hanging drywall isn't complicated, but it's exhausting. General contractors make $30 an hour doing it, but "unskilled" Mexican immigrants make $10 an hour doing the exact same job to a similar standard of quality.
>>
>>744275356
>work 40 hours a week
>"work"
>>
>>744275387

No one said it was. But that is the reason.
>>
I'm retarded and blame liberals for everything I don't like, which includes lazy mcdonald workers begging for money when they should get a real job.
>>
>>744275666
Sounds like you are a homeless vagrant right now. So I don't see the difference. Just keep bitching wageslave. You probably are right where you belong.
>>
>>744275597
Some countries require advanced licensing to be able to offer those kinds of services. With 6-8 year apprenticeships before you're legally allowed to take your own jobs.
>>
Working at Mc Donalds is not supposed to oay for you to live in London you dumb fuck. It's ment to give you money to get by while you're working on your career or living with mum and dad. Can't afford London on Mc Donalds wage? Move up north or get a proper job. "Mc Donalds are the only ones hiring I can't get a job in Sales I failed my GCSE's and didn't do A Levels" sounds like your fault not Mc Donalds. How about throw them a thankyou for employing your otherwise unemployable ass.
>>
>>744273457

If you're working at a Mcdonald's to make a living, you've already lost at life. Jobs like this are considered entry-level because it's where high-schoolers go to get their first job and find out what real life is about. Not every job has to pay a living wage. I'm not about to pay you a living wage to mow my lawn, clean my house, or make me a sandwich. You should work your entry-level job for a short time and aspire to something better. If you stay at Mcdonalds, you deserve the low wage you're getting.
>>
>>744275591
Then you have already resigned yourself to bring a failure. Why wouldn't a failure deserve more money?
>>
>>744275661
>high wage and benefits
>being able to afford rent and bills and food
Yeah no one said that.

If you think 10£ is a high wage you're retarded and likely a wage slave yourself defending the oligarchs
>>
File: J8nVF.jpg (17KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
J8nVF.jpg
17KB, 452x339px
ITT: hateful dregs make great cases for why they're disgusting pieces of cynical shit no one likes, so they patrol /b/ all day, naturally
>>
>>744273373
>Go to college
How do you think they ended up at McDonalds?
>>
>>744275850
Back to tumblr, Princess. Adults who work are talking.
>>
>>744273250
Stop crack down on the illegals in your franchises UK, Clear out some of the shit tier people with checks
fine the business deport the illegal to a volcano.
>>
>>744275790
That's basically what I just said. Atleast some people don't expect the world to wipe their ass on the thread.
>>
>>744275790
Gardeners and landscapers make a living wage.

Professional cleaners make a living wage.

Sous-chefs make a living wage.
>>
>>744273250

Aren't machines cheaper at this point?
>>
>>744273457
Fast food workers are being replaced with automated kiosks. Fact.
>>
>>744275795
Well, why would I work my ass off for less money when I can sit on my ass and make more?
>>
>>744275936
Then don't, we here in the real world will get rid of welfare so you don't have that option though
>>
>>744275611
you know what else is a good worker? a robot you dont have to pay
>>
>>744275710
I'm the guy you replied to and I've also been that $10/hr sheetrock hanging labor. After several years of gaining different skills and experience (planning, organization, compliance) I was able to start bidding my own jobs and started making $35/hr because my labor was more valuable to the consumer
>>
>>744275900
Those are actual professions, a mcdonalds job is what a teenager gets to make extra money after school.
>>
>>744275900
Gardeners and landscapers generally have multiple clients they serve to get that wage.
Cleaners the same way as gardeners and landscapers - many clients who use their services.
The sous-chef works at a real restaurant were food costs are higher to allow such wage.
>>
>>744273250
I will agree that McDonalds workers deserve a pay raise, that being said you fuckers continue to make minimum wage until you learn that when the receipt printed on the food line says No Pickles, and you faggots actually make my burger with no pickles.
>>
>>744273743
>a 3 year university degree is ~30k GBP
how the fuck did he spend the other 70k and STILL isnt done with uni?
>>
>>744273877
The faster we bring it all down, the faster the next generation can make a new one.
Haha! Comedy gold.
>>
>>744275763
Your attempt at sarcasm shows the true colors of a lib tho...
>>
>>744275790
This
>>
>>744276037
This
>>
>>744274753
>The Company’s number of employees worldwide, including its corporate office employees and company-owned restaurant employees, was approximately 375,000 as of year-end 2016.

>Consolidated Statement of Income Data
>Revenues (in millions, except per share and unit amounts)
>Sales by Company-operated restaurants
>$15,295
>Revenues from franchised restaurants
>$9,327
>Total revenues
>24,622

Yeah, nobody needs to tap that $24 billion market.
>>
You kids need to learn about the economy and how NO business gives a fuck about its employees anymore, just the shareholders. Everything is outsourced, benefits are drying up, but we americunts just cheer as be get buttfucked.

To Understand Rising Inequality, Consider the Janitors at Two Top Companies, Then and Now
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/03/upshot/to-understand-rising-inequality-consider-the-janitors-at-two-top-companies-then-and-now.html
>>
>>744275936
"Progressive Liberalism: The Post"
>>
>>744274134
He's not in 'that situation' because he's biased (?). He just had the brains to work his way out of it.
>>
>>744276269
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias
>>
I live in burgerland, and work in fast food. We keep hearing they want $15 an hour (over 50% more than minimum wage). I work at Burger King, and pay my own bills. These niggers do not deserve that. I've worked harder jobs for the same wage. There's typically 2-3 responsible adults (including me) who run the place where everyone else fucks off. They don't drug test for drugs (I swept up a bag of meth 3 days ago.) They don't do background checks. It is not skilled labor. After that, minimum wage would have to follow. If you don't understand how that would fuck up small businesses (who are already closing) and hurt those who put enough work in to get a GOOD job, you're probably a catatonic teenager working at McDonald's who just wants more money for vidya.
>>
>>744274214
Your naivety is... stunning.
>>
>>744273250
>Living wage in London
>London

If you can't afford to live in that overpriced dump, then don't live there.
>>
>>744276094
huh? homeless people and mcdonalds workers need to be taken to FEMA camps and be disposed with in a way that doesn't disrupt the rest of society workers that actually do real work.
>>
>>744276342
I think the consideration is that, when companies like Wal-mart or McDonalds employs hundreds of thousands or millions of people, and post obscene profits in their government-mandated annual reports, forcing those companies to provide reasonable wages and benefits outweighs the importance of mom-and-pop shops. Because it affects substantially more people.
>>
What retarded fucking employees. They have so little business acumen and common sense that it hurts to even consider them part of our society.

Put yourself in the shoes of the franchisee, they paid for the rights to operate a McDonalds, and their employees that do monkey work complain that they're underpaid, when they probably consume more than 30% of the profits in their wages already.

Hey guys, business idea, automation company that produces burger flippers, fryer operators and dish washers.
You'd make a fucking billion from McDonalds alone, it's just a matter of time until the rest join in.
>>
ITT: biased, hateful idiots argue amongst themselves and try to figure out how to become more hateful
>>
>>744273250
It's already a job that a 10 year old could do. I'd say they should look for other jobs or entrepenureal activities instead of forcing McD's hand to replace them all with touch screens.
>>
>>744276342
So you are saying that everyone can have a well paying job automatically if they get a college degree/pay to learn a trade? Capitalism requires poverty, anon, but the ruse above is sold to the lower classes just like Jeebus was sold to the slaves back in the day.
>>
>>744276450
Do you have the capital to engineer that equipment?

Do you have the expertise to design that equipment?

Do you have the marketing skills to find buyers for that equipment?

No? Then stfu.
>>
>>744276467
10 year olds can't lift up the fry and meat boxes and unload the truck.
but yeah, everyone ITT should just keep thinking all Mcdonalds is is a store that magically churns out delicious stuff for you to cram in your fat face with the power of magic.

everyone talking shit in this thread will eat Mcdonalds at some point this month, guaranteed.
>>
>>744276450
The franchisee a good boy. He dindu nuffin. Everyone is a fucking victim these days. jfc
>>
>>744274408
Good man. Work your way out of the shit.
These drips sound like they couldn't even hold down a job at McSewage's anyway.
>>
>>744276342
They should drug test - the reasoning is this:
A: It's a dangerous work environment that anyone who is under the influence could cause harm to themselves or others on company time making it a liability.
B: To help stop lost time as employees who are drug users tend to take more days off and/or sick leave as well as being generally less productive while on the job (note, I said less productive as in getting actual work done and not just looking busy).
>>
ITT: I hate you because you work at Mcdonalds
>>
>>744276546
>this moron took my post seriously
Stop thinking you're Bill Gates faggot, learn to pick up sarcasm when you see it
>>
>>744276459
Fuck off back to tumblr, princess. Adults are discussing real world things and not your fantasy land bullshit.
>>
>>744274683
Nice. You'll be alright.
>>
>>744276744
>immature adults are being hateful
fixed that for you.
>>
>>744276744
>Adults
If you're an adult on /b/, you might want to rethink your priorities in life.
>>
>>744276682
Does drug testing every prospective employee cost more than the mistakes they make as employees?

This is the reason we don't drug test welfare recipients. Running the drug tests costs more than the economic activity that those people are generating. It is more worthwhile to just give them the money than to create a barrier to entry like "worthiness." Something very similar could be happening with McDonalds employees. "I have 3 good employees and 8 shitty ones that slack off all day and smoke pot, but what little work they actually do and the tax benefits I get from hiring minorities makes it ultimately more worthwhile to keep them on despite their failures than to fire them and hope for better employees."
>>
>thread 404's
>all these headless chickens' passion filled posts are lost forever
>everything they spent all this time writing and fanatic about never mattered
>nothing changed
You're all stupid, unless you come to /b/ to fap, then go, you're a fucking autistic loser.
>>
>>744273250
The whole strategy of devaluing simple work exclusively exists to keep people dependent and on a non liveable wage. Its stupid to tell people to get a better job because we all WANT there to be McDonalds restaurants, we want clean streets and we want the sewers to work. These are all respectable jobs.
>>
If employee get too expensive, they will be replaced by robots. This is why people are already pushing for taxes on robots. Which is fucking idiotic. Because what are you going to do, tax "per" robot? They'll just link five together and call it one.

Taxes hurt the working poor. Not just taxes poor people pay, all taxes. The entire premise of taxes. It will always hurt the working poor. The idea is to benefit the non-working poor. Every extraction of wealth from those who work will inevitably harm the people who work but have the fewest resources.

If you cut payroll taxes, businesses could pay their employees more without anything else changing.

Over regulation is even worse. Non-working poor people don't car about regulations, red-tape, our whole "permit" society because they don't do anything. Wealthy people are actually protected by it.

Our over-regulated/permit/license/nanny-state laws inherently raise the bar and make it exceedingly difficult for people with little to ever get ahead. This artificial hurdle protects those who have the means to clear it from competition.

All the bullshit laws like needing a license to walk dogs or put on makeup, or needing years of permits and tens to hundreds of thousands in fees to start a new business protects the successful from competition by those who endeavor for success.

The whole reason you see McDonald's and other franchises taking over everywhere is because starting a new business has become insanely prohibitive. Those who want to get in find that franchises help you get over a lot of government hurdles and streamlines a process, bringing it down to maybe only 5-10 years just to start a business.

If more people could compete and start their own restaurant, quality and pay could increase.
>>
>>744276858
It's just /pol/tards spreading cancer, as usual.
>>
>>744274683
Not everybody can work in an office because then there would be no more clean plates. Stop cucking yourself and demand a fair wage, traitor.

Also 10.60 my sides you poor faggot
>>
>>744276800
Adult is anyone 18 or older, kid. You know, the age 4chan requires to use.
Retard.

>>744276784
Some may be, but throwing a hissy fit over wages on entry level unskilled labor jobs is pretty damn immature.
If you want better pay, get either an education or trade experience with another skill set and proper licensing, and move into another field of work.
Fast food jobs are meant for teens and college kids as supplimental income to their parents' support and/or college earnings.
>>
>>744276691
i dont hate them i just think its retarded that they expect a raise for money a job a monkey could be trained to do in an hour
>>
>>744277026
Sure kid
>>
>>744276899
Dubs of truth.
>>
>>744276846
Drug testing now is dirt cheap - and many companies make the prospective employee pay for their drug test, some offer reembersement if they hire them.
That act alone cuts down on the suboptimal employees.
>>
>>744277026
>get either an education or trade experience with another skill set and proper licensing, and move into another field of work
Wow, it sounds so easy, but you left out a lot of shit, like how to not go into debt while pursuing one of your options.
>>
>>744276973

10.60 as a starting wage for a 21 year old isn't bad ya dumb neet faggot.
>>
>>744277041
Don't you have school, kid? Run along.
>>
>>744276051
Medicine or some shit, perhaps?
>>
>>744277171
Okay kid
>>
>>744277116
Ah, but people would say "Making me pay for my own drug test is oppressive." And that's not an unreasonable argument. If you had to pay a fee for CONSIDERATION of employment, companies would basically be getting away with murder.
>>
>>744277163
yeah whatever tyrone
>>
>>744273880
This x5. And the 'London living wage' thing is bullshit. If you're planning on working at a dead-end job like that then move out of the fucking city in a year or two. Transfers are a thing in the UK, and they're easy as fuck to do. People never think that they're the root of their own problems, it's always the gubmint
>>
>>744277163
Given that I started at 8.40 7 years ago, I kind of agree.

But I would also be ripshit angry if my wage was reduced to 10.60.
>>
>>744277160
Trade schools are cheap - you can do a 2 year vo-tech and get your certifications in many locations for less than a quarter of the cost for a 2yr college degree.
Also, a lot of places will offer on the job training and offer to send you to these schools on their dime for a certain amount of contractual labor agreement once your trade school is finished i.e. you work for them for 2-3 years before you can quit and make 2-3x what they pay you since you now have the experience and certifications to start your own work.
This is subjective though - you have to get off your ass and actually look for these places, and not merely piss and moan about not having easy work.
>>
>>744273250
Stop taking jobs that don't pay a living wage. When companies start losing tons of money because they have no employees, the free market has done it's part.

Fucktards taking slavery-tier jobs are only hurting their own cause.
>>
>>744276436
Now think of yourself as a consumer. Do you want McDonald's to be the only place to get lunch? Where would you go on a date?
>>
>>744277421
I've only seen these kinds of things offered if you agree to do an unpaid internship for 6 months first.

And I don't know about you, but I have bills. I can't work 80 hour weeks so that I can both pay my bills and break ground on getting a better job.
>>
>>744275025
Good lad. That's exactly what I did.
>>
>>744277229
Got news for you - most actual non-entry level companies do this today.
My tax law firm does this for all employees - from prospective litigators to mail room staff, to cleaning crew at nights. We also do extensive background checks on everyone.
It is more common to require a drug test than not anymore due to company liabilities the way they are.
>>
>>744277481
but you have to take them to earn money? how arrogant can you be?
>>
>>744277026
>Fast food jobs are meant for teens and college kids
>just keeps repeating this because it's the only way any of his arguments work even though most of the people working these jobs are middle aged
>>
>>744277486
That's a fair point. But it's a balance of the prosperity of many, many people vs luxuries of the individual.

I imagine the disparity would have to come from direct cost. My typical McDonalds order is about $8, which with their general automation, streamlining, massive clientele and bulk ordering practices allow them to offer fast, cheap meals and still post $24 billion yearly revenues. When I go to a "nice" restaurant, though, my order is generally $25-30, much slower, but much higher quality, and the owner is probably posting revenue in the lower $100,000s. Waiters and waitresses are arguably in a worse financial position than McDonalds workers, though, so it could just come down to McDonalds sees 1000 customers in a day, and a nice restaurant sees maybe 100.
>>
Lmao @ all you poor 3rd world eurocucks
>>
>>744277496
I can go out my front door, and drive 3 minutes or less to no less than 2 Heat & Air companies offering this job and training offer, 4 home building/roofing companies, and 1 plumber.
There is no unpaid internship being offered, just work at a decent starting wage that will increase if you go do the training they offer and willing to work for them for a set period of time after. You tend to end up making double or more minimum wage within 2 years time.
>>
>>744275273
If I lived in an area full of '3 story mansions' I'd be thinking of businesses to help them spend their implied wealth.
>>
>>744275341
Wise words, mate.
>>
>>744277610
If you're middle aged and still working there you should know by now that it's generally a dead end job unless you have the incentive to become managerial staff or higher - which McDonald's offers for employees who show incentive.
My next door neighbor before his retirement was a regional manager for a fast food place - he started working a counter and worked his way up.
If you're at a dead end - it's because you took the road there yourself.
>>
>>744274134
not op, but i agree with him, i worked from 7am to 7pm everyday but sundays for about two years, worked in the morning on a gym (7am to 1pm) and from 1:30 to 7 on a design agency, now i'm on a really good agency and i still work morning and evening so i can work 4 days on the week only. now i can pay my rent, decent food and clothes, i'm paying my car and i can still save some money when i get good projects
>>
>>744275633
Yep. No more backchat, shit service, semen in the food.
>>
>>744277789
see >>744276899

Starting a business is prohibitively expensive now. You could apply for a business loan, but it's awful ballsy to borrow $100k-200k to start a business that has every likelihood of failing within 2 years. At least if you take out a mortgage on a house you still have the house.
>>
Soon, McDonalds will be a drive through vending machine with no interior access. The robots will make the burgers, dip the fries, and vend through the window slot.
Because that's a fuckton cheaper than hiring twenty kids who do $3 worth of work and paying them $15.
>>
>>744275710
>You could argue that the skill provided is customer service, sanitation, food preparation, and money handling.
I'd rather it was served by a machine, thank you.
>>
>>744275449
> With what money, motherfucker!?
With the money that a bank gives you when you show them a solid business plan, which you don't have because you're an incompetent person who can't run a business and so you deserve to scrounge in the dirt for whatever people will give you in pity.
>>
>>744278041
>THE MACHINE GAVE ME A DOUBLE BACON WTF BURGER WITH TOO MUCH KETCHUP! I WANT TO TALK TO A MANAGER AND GET A NEW ONE AND A FREE ICE CREAM.
>Beep boop, only us robots here, ma'am. Kindly fuck off.
>>
>>744273250
I say we give them 20, but then since they went up by 120% i should make 120% more, so everyones pay should just be multiplied by 120%.... but then prices will increase and they will be in the same boat..... shit, guess they should get a better jib and leav mcdonalds for the 15 year olds as it should be
>>
>>744276188
>What is basic economics
>>
>>744275936
One day Pinocchio woke up and said, "Oh wow! A chance to become a real boy! Wait, wait no being firewood is easier. I want to be firewood."
>>
>>744273250
>don't live in London?

problem solved niggers
>>
>>744278029
>$3 worth of work

have you actually ever worked a fast food job? Shit sucks man, on your feet the whole time, constantly moving or doing repetitive motions, moving equipment or boxes etc...cleaning, and having to keep a smile on your face when dealing with customers. It's not the easiest job in the world as you idiots seem to think. Sure I moved on to better/ higher paying jobs for doing less work but to say it's only worth 3$/hr is ignorance.
>>
>>744277704
the LAST thing America needs is for McDonald's to have a larger share of the market. Have you seen our people? Our children?
>>
>>744276188
And no one says a thing. I just don't understand why one of the main tenants against a raise is the price rise that will happen right afterward, due to McD keeping it's profit levels. What would be the issue with sacrificing maybe 4 out of the 20 billion too increase wages by roughly a dollar or two. Some places that tend to do so actually retain better quality, better labor, and better service all while being entry level. See Nordstroms.
>>
>>744278114
>implying teenagers are more reliable than machines
>>
>>744278479
One could argue that if people were making more money per hour worked, they could work fewer hours and they'd have more time to cook at home, rather than taking their kids to McDonalds 4 times a week.
>>
>>744278580
Must be nice. Half the time you can't even get that with a four year degree.
>>
>>744278552
A person is always more reliable than a machine, because even an idiotic person is capable of adapting or compromising.

Machines don't do either.
>>
>>744278385
> have you actually ever worked a fast food job?
Yes, at Braums. Hauling rancid sun-baked melted dairy and rotten meat and fruit. Trying to keep from getting covered in marshmallow sauce. Freezing my ass off stocking the freezer. Unloading a truck.

> Shit sucks man, on your feet the whole time, constantly moving or doing repetitive motions, moving equipment or boxes etc.
Definitely sucks, yep. How much it sucks has no bearing on how much the labor is worth, though.

> and having to keep a smile on your face when dealing with customers. It's not the easiest job in the world as you idiots seem to think.
How easy a job is also has no bearing on how much the labor is worth.

> Sure I moved on to better/ higher paying jobs for doing less work but to say it's only worth 3$/hr is ignorance.
No, it's experience.
>>
>>744278663
I know exactly those feels.
>>
File: 1471211427218.jpg (50KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1471211427218.jpg
50KB, 640x478px
>>744273250
Supply and demand deemed you to be a worthless cunt, either change that or live with it. 100% agree. Also consider voting for a party that isn't giving you hand-outs but rather reduces unqualified immigration, so you're not artificially worsening the problem.
>>
>>744278735
One could say the labor is worth a portion of the profit that the labor generates.

$24 billion generated by 375000 people says that, in an evenly distributed society, every employee should be making 64,000 per year. More realistically, the bottom that makes up the majority of the labor should be making about 35,000, and the higher ups should be making between 70,000 and 90,000.
>>
>>744275904
Please, no. If we replace these trained monkeys with machines they're just even more of a burden on society than they already are.
>>
>>744278858
> $24 billion generated by 375000 people says that, in an evenly distributed society, every employee should be making 64,000 per year.
> evenly distributed
HA! Yeah, jobs you don't even need to know how to read to do should pay the same as rocket surgery.
>>
>>744278735
>How much it sucks has no bearing on how much the labor is worth

Why Not?

Are you brainwashed to think that it's not worth much just because people tell you that it's not? That's pretty fucking idiotic if you ask me. There is skill in the job despite what they tell you the experience is worth.
>>
File: 1466727814891.png (56KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
1466727814891.png
56KB, 401x372px
>>744276219
I considered a laughing reaction image, but it's too true to not be sad about it.
>>
>>744274214
Says who? Good question to ask, but at the same time, you have to ask the opposite: why not? What makes you think that you are entitled to whatever level of wage you are advocating for? Not saying you are necessarily wrong, but you are not self-evidently right.
>>
>>744278942
Not if we just leave those people to die in a ditch. Then the economy would improve because we wouldn't have welfare leeches. Maybe the hunger would actually incentivize them to get a job.
>>
>>744278977
If it sucked that much, people wouldn't do it, forcing McD to increase wages. Apparently it doesn't suck enough.
>>
>>744273250
its so super cool that londoners get more money than the rest of us in the uk.

so super cool nice.
>>
>>744279034
Or maybe there just isn't enough "unskilled" labor jobs out there and why they are forced to work there at that shitty wage.
>>
>>744278977
> Are you brainwashed to think that it's not worth much just because people tell you that it's not?
Are you brainwashed to think that however much you FEEL it deserves is more important than how much it actually DOES?

> That's pretty fucking idiotic if you ask me.
Agreed, it would be pretty fucking idiotic to ask you.

> There is skill in the job despite what they tell you the experience is worth.
Also agreed. That's why the job isn't worth $0, but $3. A job is worth how much you would have to offer an English-speaking illegal immigrant to do the job if there were no minimum wage laws. Now ask yourself, how much does Pablo need to stand in front of the door to Walmart and wave at each person?
>>
>>744274391
If you are in the west you are not starving. You are not a slave, you are not being abused or anything else people are saying in this thread. The pay IS bad, though, yes. By definition, the lowest level of pay is, relative to other pay, not good at all. This, by itself, is no argument for anything. A cursory understanding of economics helps here, people.
>>
>>744279052
You see, WE deserve it, and YOU don't, peasant.
>>
>>744273250
I worked a mcjob when I was 14/15 and min wage was fine. People who need to support themselves should probably a little reach a little higher than mcds
>>
File: 1416346104896.gif (510KB, 480x228px) Image search: [Google]
1416346104896.gif
510KB, 480x228px
>>744278703
>A person is always more reliable than a machine
>>
>>744279150
>however much you FEEL it deserves is more important than how much it actually DOES

No I'm comparing it to other jobs that actually do pay more for the same amount of work, such as other service and labor jobs.

>A job is worth how much you would have to offer an English-speaking illegal immigrant to...

Oh I see I'm dealing with an literal retard. Yes you are that fucking dumb. Now fuck off and kys.
>>
>>744279288
If you ask your toaster very nicely, maybe it won't burn your toast next time.
>>
>>744275850
Are you really that wet? Grow up.
>>
>>744279351
I do exactly that by setting the dial so it won't burn it. Do you know how to iperate a toaster?
>>
>>744279425
Hence, the person is more reliable than the machine.
>>
>>744279314
That's roughly the way I expected you to concede.
>>
>>744279492
You dense motherfucker. A properly operated machine is always more reliable than a human. The sooner that fast food places like McDonald's replace their staff with machines the better.
>>
>>744279543
You didn't win because you just set yourself up for something really bad to happen to you. tick tock tick tock...
>>
For all those people saying "get a real job" there aren't many "real jobs" left. There used to be a time when people could go get a job in manufacturing and earn a damn good living. Now you can get a degree and still not be able to find a job other than restaurant/retail. People think that a fast food job should just be a hobby or something and they don't deserve to make any money. It is literally one of the worst jobs you can have. The pay is low and they expect you to work hard and deal with abuse from disgusting slobs all day. The very least they could do is give you enough money to afford an apartment.
>>
>>744279587
And if a machine has an error? If a customer is unsatisfied with their product?

You turn to a person.
>>
>>744279601
Oh no, will my mother die in her sleep? Does immunity doggo not apply?
>>
>>744276313
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias
This is not a real condition. It's an excuse that's been made to sound 'official', by idiots who want to wreck free market economies with punitive welfare states and benefit cultures that turn 'helping hands' into inalienable rights.
I started with nothing and now have most everything I need. Did I develop "survivorship bias" because I was successful? Horse shit. Stop making excuses for your failure.
>>
>>744279605
Invent a new real job. Show some initiative.
Bake a cake. Sell it.
>>
>>744279643
How many errors do you think a machine will make in this regard vs how many errors humans make every single day?
Thread posts: 249
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.