[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just got fired and I don't believe I was justly fired

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 10

File: mmmm.jpg (49KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
mmmm.jpg
49KB, 498x750px
I just got fired and I don't believe I was justly fired but what does /b/ think?

Here's the story:

- Worked in this call center for 13 months
- #1 top performer in all performance metrics for all 13 months
- New-hire Training position is suddenly available
- Talk to the "big boss" for the first time ever to inquire about the role
- He's concerned that I've never Trained anyone before
- Offer to build a training module on my own time and present it to him so he can evaluate
- Big boss agrees
- 15+ hours spent over 2 weekends to build it
- Presentation day is today and upon arriving to work I find out another co-worker got the Training spot
- Think it's weird that big boss couldn't wait a few hours first to see what I have to offer (I am the #1 performer in the call center after all )
- Congratulate my co-worker and head to my desk and answer calls the rest of the week
- Didn't talk to Big Boss since there's no reason to now - the position is filled and I'm not going to share my off-the-clock work for 0 chance at compensation
- Got fired at the end of the week by my direct Supervisor and in her word "you made Big Boss a promise that you didn't keep"

So now I'm unemployed and wondering if I can collect unemployment checks. I feel that my boss should not be able to demand for me to give him my off-the-clock production with no compensation or else he'll fire me. That's like straight-up blackmailing in my book but I live in Idaho where we're called a "Right to work state" meaning anyone can be fired at any time for any reason.

What options do I have? Can I sue?
>>
File: mmm.jpg (44KB, 526x700px) Image search: [Google]
mmm.jpg
44KB, 526x700px
>>
lol getting fired from a call center. Weak.
>>
File: mm.jpg (38KB, 500x745px) Image search: [Google]
mm.jpg
38KB, 500x745px
>>
File: m.jpg (28KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
28KB, 500x391px
>>
File: mmmmm.png (758KB, 559x766px) Image search: [Google]
mmmmm.png
758KB, 559x766px
>>
File: 1501399408141.jpg (67KB, 960x497px) Image search: [Google]
1501399408141.jpg
67KB, 960x497px
>>
File: mmmmmmm.jpg (40KB, 483x794px) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmmm.jpg
40KB, 483x794px
>>
Any ideas about my unemployment situation anons?
>>
File: mmmmmm.jpg (28KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
mmmmmm.jpg
28KB, 240x320px
>>
You got fucked over is all I can say, just get a new job and move on I suppose
>>
>>744215330
You took the risk of going over your supervisors head. It may not have been as awkward a situation as your sup interpreted, but you obviously made him feel he was in a position that was out of his control and made him look bad in front of his boss.

For all we know he may have mentioned to your sup casually in passing about you not presenting your plan. But All you had to do was approach the big boss, get the confirmation that the position was filled and go back to your merry way. But instead you blindsided your supervisor on multiple levels.
>>
>>744215330
Should've talked to the big boss to confirm that the position was filled. Pretty silly to fire you though especially since you had no precious warning, and the cause that you were not meeting your expectations is ridiculous as this was just a side project that had nothing to do with the organization.
You can always go to an employment lawyer but that's money. Your best bet is to cut your losses, apply for EI (or whatever your country has the offer) and look for a better job. Call centre Jobs are easy to get a ways so shouldn't be too hard. I'd recommend you find a different occupation though cus call centres is shit tier
>>
File: 1504014513502.png (1MB, 1170x1439px) Image search: [Google]
1504014513502.png
1MB, 1170x1439px
>>744215330

Your tribute of tits has been received.

Yah, you'll probs get unemployment. I have heard of people stealing from the company and still getting unemployment. It won't be much though, so calculate it to know what you're going to get. Just explain to the agent what happened, explain that you were willing to work, you were happy to work, you wanted your job, and you did NOT quit, but was unfortunately terminated.

Suing? Probably not. Is it a wrongful termination? If what you said is all that happened, then yes. But, it's big business. You know, the assholes that run our country? So no, you haven't a chance in hell. Collect your checks, drink beer, and find a better job.

>>744215904
lol
>>
>>744218122

I think you're right. I should have gone to the big boss and said "I'm here to show you what I have if the position is still open" and just tied off any possible loose ends. What a shame to get fired for what I guess would be "professional discourtesy" when the boss himself did the "professional discourtesy" of promoting someone else an hour or two before I'm supposed to present my work.

As far as the direct supervisor, she was actually the first one I mentioned interest in the position to. She said "Go talk to Tony" and off I went to Tony, the big boss.

I guess working for them isn't the best thing anyway since they've obviously very quick to fire a highly valuable employee who re-actively made the same mistake that they themselves made (professional discourtesy and all).
>>
There is probably something else that you're not mentioning, like how you rub your balls on all the sugar packets int he break room or something.
>>
>>744219193

Actually, I regularly showed up early to the break room and put the cream in the donuts.
>>
>>744219299
Their probably lactose intolerant and got pissed that they couldn't eat the donuts.
>>
>>744215330
fuck her right in the pussy you stupid nigger
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuzDZ9gE8XQ
>>
>>744219396

Sometimes I ate them in front of people myself just to alleviate possible concerns they might have about the dick-sized hole on the underside of the donuts.

Sometimes you get burnt a little when starting fires.
>>
>>744215330
you should walk in there tomorrow and settle it all with handgun and multiple loaded clips

post results and save one round for yourself
>>
>>744219815

how do you know that those donuts weren't filled by someone else, anon
>>
>>744219817
If your life is shit then this tbh. If you successfully bring down enough people you'd become famous
>>
File: oops.png (151KB, 400x226px) Image search: [Google]
oops.png
151KB, 400x226px
>>744219942

... I ... I- I just realized that myself...
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.