[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Why do you believe in the Christian god? If he is all good,

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 6

File: download (3).jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
12KB, 225x225px
ITT: Why do you believe in the Christian god?
If he is all good, why did he create evil?
If he is perfect, why did he make an imperfect creation?
And the list goes on
>>
>>744052524
Shameless self bump.
I really don't get religious fags, its like religion has sucked the logic out of them. They cant come up with a rational argument, their go to statement is 'Its all part of the grand plan'
>>
> be god
> alphaasfuck
> borred
> creates Sims world
> give confusing signs of my identity
> enjoy until they eventually destroy themselves
Muslimanon here and thats litterally my interpretation of the infamous why question
>>
>>744052602
Judging a religion by the people who claim to follow it
Kek
>>
If there was no evil how could we know what good is?
If we weren't imperfect, how could we understand the futility of perfection?
>>
>>744052814
Are you a retard or are you just pretending to be one?
My first arguments where literally taken from the Bible. And yes, when someone believes in something and wants others to believe aswell he better be able to back it up
>>
>>744052814
We should ask God instead? lel
>>
I personally don't care for God and shit since I will go to Valhalla after I fall in glorious combat but my one refutation to evolutionists is: if people evolved from primates and there are several stages from monkey-man then where are the middle pieces. Why don't we see half monkey half man in the wild.
>>
>>744052845
If there was no evil, there wouldn't need to be a definition of good. God made a perfect world, but implemented evil inside of it(the fruit). That means that God has evil within him, he is not pure good. A world without evil would just be a god like world, much different from ours.
If we were perfect, we would have perfect knowledge, and a perfect being must be god. Which begs the question, if god is perfect, can he make a perfect being?
>If yes, then that being should be god as well, maybe that's what God avoiding
>If not, he is limited, thus not perfect
>>
>>744052946
Read the books fam
Because you wouldnt believe the amount, of people who claim to follow a certain religion but in reality they couldn't be more distant of it *cough* isis *cough*
>>
>>744053097
Why don't we see half chicken half dinosaur faggot? Monkeys and humans share a COMMON ancestor, they took different evolution paths. That's the thing with evolution, the middle parts don't stay.
>>
>>744052845
fuck people are so dumb like they really don't understand how powerful their own mind is that they believe other peoples lies from a book, the book either it was for good intentions or not it's a clever tool to manipulate the populace into their own propaganda bullshit. all races have religion to help understand the force of nature at that time, before science came along religion helped people understand (mindfully wrong) but now we as a humanoid race of intelligent beings can decipher almost everything.
>>
>>744053132
Exactly, reading the books is asking God. They say men where directed to write them by god anyways.
>>
>>744052717
Reasonable, I like.
>>
To say god doesnt exist is like impossible imo
Just look at nature and the complexity of it
How just the right amount of things align to make life habitable of us
To tell me this complex structure was randomly created is beyond absurdity
>>
File: 10470677.jpg (98KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
10470677.jpg
98KB, 400x400px
>>
To believe in something is to take a leap of faith
Choose your thing and hang on to it
I choose islam just because of the scientifically proof it held and how there is no way a 40 yo illiterate man can writesuch a thing
> inb4 aliens
Just don't
>>
>>744053106
Why should that mean god has evil within him? If anything evil comes purely from free will. Should god not have given us free will?
I think also that perfection is an abstract concept. What is perfection? It's only reflective of your values as an individual.
>>
>>744053196
No need to get all offended and mean. This is a mature discussion, not a feminist scream fest. So if monkeys evolved from monkeys why don't they just keep evolving into humans.
>>
>>744053292
That is the beauty of the universe. There is an infinite universe, maybe infinite planets and galaxies. That gives infinite chances for life creation. Earth built itself, it didn't start perfectly aligned out of the blue. Same way you can say 'oh look at this computer, so perfectly aligned to work with all these electronics! Must be a gods work!'
There's a process, trial and error, and evolution that led to what earth is now.
It's not perfect either.
>>
>>744053132
The problem with your argument and referencing Isis is that Isis is providing a viewpoint of Islam that is scarily compatible with Quran and is internally consistent. In fact, when it comes to staying true to the source material, they're more muslim than Jehovas Witnesses are christian.
Unlike Christianity, muslims haven't had 600 years more to ignore the more violent aspects of their holy book. And given current weapons technology, we do not have 600 years to wait for muslims to ACTUALLY become a religion of peace.
>>
>>744053521
All the theories that explainearth's creation seem just absurd
If its truly trial and error and there s infinite planets the progress itself would be infinite and I thimk by this time we would of heard from our farmore advanced neighbors
The most rational explanation for me would be the existence ofa higher power and at the risk of sounding naive or whatever I honestly felt it when I was going through rough times and that faith is what s Keeping me alive right now
>>
>>744053498
Because biologically speaking, humans are monkeys.
And in addition, you are saying that because america was settled by europeans, all europeans should by default be seeking to migrate to america.
>>
>>744053899
dude your view point is wrong do you realize how FUCKING BIG THE UNIVERSE ACTUALLY IS? We cannot fathom how big the universe really is and you are to say because we haven't seen our neighbor that there isn't any one there ?
>>
File: v8ccqht.jpg (77KB, 666x499px) Image search: [Google]
v8ccqht.jpg
77KB, 666x499px
>>744052717
>>
>>744052524
Christians are just retarded. They literally believe in an all powerful guy who lives in the sky. Fucking absurd.
>>
>>744053731
Not going into details about isis ill just try to tldr
Isis was an attempt of restoring the progress and the developed islamic nation that once dominated the world. And it had its own interpretations of not only the quran and based its entire monstrosity on false material
>>
Aside all the arguments guys, I am asking you, Christians. If God is perfect, omniscient and good, why create an evil being to torture his creation?
>>
>>744053899
>I thimk by this time we would of heard from our farmore advanced neighbors

Not if we live in Einstein's trap: All propagation of information and signals is truly limited by lightspeed and FTL travel is impossible.
This would mean that the amount of planets any civilization can communicate with or travel to is constantly shrinking due to the continuously accelerating expansion of the universe.

It could very well be possible that 3 billion years ago some galaxies away and hyper-advanced race took over the whole thing. And we would not know until 2 billion years from now when the first signals of their (attenuated to hell and back due to the distance) radiosignals arrive here.

It could be that the universe is filled with more advanced spacefaring races. But if lightspeed limit holds true, we might never know because their signals will arrive here long after we are gone.
>>
>>744054318
A think you're making the mistake of confusing Christian theology with Christian mythology, which is a mistake Protestants tend to make, to be fair.
>>
>>744054454
>I think*
>>
>>744053498
>Mature discussion
>I believe in pumped up armored guys walking rainbow bridges

I'll try to get past that, and explain one last time. Monkeys and humans share one ancestor who was not a monkey, neither a human. Then, evolution created two beings, made to survive in different enviroments, monkeys and humans.
Much like blacks and whites. Whites came from blacks when they moved to Caucasus. Does that mean all blacks should somehow turn white?
>>
>>744054318
I mean according to Christianity or any holy religion
True faith can only be determined when you're tested
If it was a smooth ride to believe everyone woulda of been a believer
The whole point of this life is to remain faithful despite your demons
>>
>>744053411
God knows everything. He is omniscient. He knows what you will choose, he expects every move you make. That doesnt sound like free will to me
>>
>>744054448
Einstein was wrong, well not wrong but he assumed light speed is the fastest speed in the universe
There have been discoveries of faster particles in the universe
>>
>>744054454
Greek christian orthodox. There is no mythology, Bible clearly says God made angels, and the fairest of them all was Lucifer. Then he fell, became evil for wanting to be God.
>>
>>744054559
I can put a big nigger cock in front of you and I know you're going to suck it but it sure as fuck isn't me making you do it.
>>
>>744054521
I can't be faithful to a guy who decides to make evil torturing his creation. If this is all a test for another better world, then just make perfect beings in the beginning man. Plus, my route is already determined, he is omniscient, remember?
>>
>>744054714
You are not god. You cannot make such an analogy. If god knows I am going to suck the cock, it means I will suck the cock, otherwise he doesnt know everything.
>>
>>744054199
>and based its entire monstrosity on false material
This is flat out a lie.
The Isis interpretation of the Quran is scarily logical, much the same way that the interpretation of the bible used by the Spanish Inquisition was.
The difference between christianity and islam, is that christianity has had half a millenia more time to realize "thou shalt not kill" is a better rule for building a stable society than "thou shalt stone to death unruly children" is.
Let's face it, Quran contains some quite horrible shit. It can be interpreted peacefully, or it can be interpreted violently, just like most other world religions.
This does not mean the violent interpretation is necessarily wrong in the religious sense.
It does mean that if Muslims want Islam to truly be a religion of peace, then Muslims must condem Isis and sharia law from mainstream Islam and fight against the ideals of Isis even more stringently than the western world is doing. For as long as Jihad is seen as a legitimate part of Islam, there will be sects like Isis who will use Jihad as their own tool, thereby poisoning by association the whole Islamic religion as a religion of butchery

For Islam to become a religion of peace, Muslims must reform it, and such reformation begins by condemning all acts of violence (including those proscribed in Sharia law).
>>
>>744054786
I know youre gonna eat dinner today
Idk how youre gonna eat it tho
>>
>>744054640
No there haven't. All particles with mass at rest travel at less than the speed of light. All particles with no mass at rest travel at exactly the speed of light.

There has been exactly one experiment where they THOUGHT they had a FTL particle, but it turned out it was a calibration error in instrumentation.

The only thing faster than light, is the expansion of space beyond the visible universe: that is what defines it. It is the limit beyond which we cannot see, because the light form beyond the line can never reach us.
>>
>>744054997
Then you don't know everything. That is the point of omniscient. EVERYTHING. Thoughts, actions, regrets, memories. Nothing can slip his knowledge. Otherwise he is not omniscient.
>>
>Be me
>Live in God's garden
>Life's good
>God's personal slaves are romping about
>Only 2 of them, have to manage this fuck huge garden
>Literally god's experiments on 'how to make mindless workers'
>See light in their eyes
>They have the power to be so much more
>They don't know enough
>Feel sorry for them and decide to help them
>Talk to girl
>Find out G told her to not eat the apple
>Motherfucker is purposefully keeping her stupid and ignorant
>I'm not like him
>Tell her all about the fruit, what eatig it will do for her and all the things she has no idea
>Tell her to do something God never did-make a choice
>Get thrown down to Earth to be eaten by eagles and mongooses
>All because I wanted to help a couple of mindless slaves
>And everyone thinks I'm the villian
>>
>>744054971
>Spanish Inquisition
I didn't expect that
>>
>>744052524
If you believe that God has a son, or that a human being (Jesus) is god, then you have a serious mental illness
>>
>>744054971
>Finally someone says it
THANK YOU
>>
>>744055201
God used Jesus as his vessel. It's his human form, it's still THE GOD. Jesus is not a human being, he has a human face, but a godly nature.
>>
>>744055327
>God bodysnatched his own child
>Literally lived the /r9k/-tier fantasy of being birthed by his crush
FUCK
>>
>>744055410
Kek
>>
>>744052524
There's nothing after we die my friend has literally died over 600 times and come back and he says there's nothing
>>
>>744055327
So you`re saying God isnt only himself but also Jesus and the angel Gabriel? And that he fucked Mary (who was 12 years old) in his 91 year old God form, and then magically transformed into a talking baby named Jesus. But not only that, he was also Gabriel AND Jesus at the same time? Nigga, what the hell are you fucks smoking?
>>
>>744052524
Because Israel exists.

His creation created evil through choices they were allowed to make on their own. Even the angels have freewill, otherwise Satan couldn't have rebelled.

His creation wasn't imperfect from the start. We fucked it all up ourselves.
>>
i believe in him because it explains so much ,he created evil so you know the good, that's your opinion, continue.
>>
>>744054516
>Making fun of Vikings and shit
You're still being a screaming feminist.

Monkey evolve into monkey
Monkey evolve into human.
Monkey is still monkey so can still evolve into human.
>>
>>744055327

> Be god.
> look down on earth.
> see humans not really managing this whole sin thing like they supposed to.
> hatch a plan.
> go down on earth.
> sacrifice myself to myself to create a loophole into the rules I made up.
> rise back to heaven 3 days later anyway.
> 3 day vacation acting as 'sacrifice': nothing has been lost, since time doesn't really mean much to me anyway.
> Genius.jpg
>>
>>744054971
The problem with denouncing sharia law, is that to be a good Muslim, you must follow every law in your Koran. The man who cannot do so well enough, he won't get into paradise
>>
File: 1472526648731.jpg (70KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1472526648731.jpg
70KB, 500x666px
>evolution is not real

I don't get this one. If you believe a magical sky wizard created everything, fine. Ok. But surely you must also believe that he created the world to be dynamic and changing. There are short term cycles of ice ages to warm periods every 100,000 years or so. And over the long term you have more major climate shifts for a variety of reasons, such as moving land masses, new mountain ranges rising, and old mountain ranges eroding, etc. That said, surely you also would think it would be logical that the magical sky wizard would also create life either imbued with the ability to change over time to adapt to the changing environment, or that he is directly and actively influencing that change.

I realize this is moot because the evolution "debate" is because people incorrectly believe evolution has anything to do with the genesis of life on this planet, or there is an irrational dislike of the idea that we "come from monkeys", even though the idea is that we come from common ancestors.
>>
>>744055690
That's the thing-its not. The actual scenario is like this
Proto-monkey evolve into monkey
Proto-monkey evolve into human
monkey too different from proto-monkey, so won't evolve into humans in the future but may evolve into something else
>>
>>744055626
Who said he was Gabriel. Or that any fucking was involved? I am OP btw, but I am not completely atheist, so I am bringing points from both sides
>>
>>744055636
If something gets fucked up, it's imperfect from the start. You cant un-perfect something that's perfect. He knew what his creation would do.
>>
Someone make this a trap thread for bonus kek points
>>
>>744055985
THANK YOU!
I mean, couldnt god just create the spark of life and let it evolve? The theories can co - exist, what the hell are they thinking? One day he just *blam* made people? After all the creation says that he made stuff like light first, which means he started small.
>>
>>744055690
You are an idiot. From this point on there's no reason to debate with you. I told you the ancestor wasnt a monkey.
>>
>>744055919
> To be a good muslim, must do honor killings
> To be a good muslim, must kill apostates
> To be a good muslim, means to fight “Fight against those who do not obey Allah"
> To be a good muslim, “When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks.”
> To be a good muslim, "Men are the protectors and maintainers of women because Allah has made one superior to the other"
So you are saying one can either be a good muslim, or one can belong into a religion of peace, but not both?
>>
All religion is bullshit for the masses. You are the universe and have been for an infinite amount of time and will continue to be after you're gone.
>>
>>744052524
he didnt create evil he created free will
>>
>>744056910
To choose evil, evil must exist.
>>
>>744055153
Someone on the /X thing claimed to be "Satan's" assistant and posted something along those lines.

Either way I'm glad that apple got ate.
>>
>>744056090
We don't have a real reason known why, the serpent did what he did. He was the first to corrupt himself with thoughts. But by doing that it's shown that God allowed His creation to act on their own instead of being mindless automatons. I think it's more along the lines that while He created everything perfect at first, he allows us the choice to follow His rules or not. If we don't we are no longer the creators definition of perfect. And so He doesn't have to allow us to be near Him unless we want to be.
>>
Free will. The majority of negativity in the world is due to human interference with nature creating an imbalance.
>>
>>744056368
If these are the rules that Allah passed down to his prophet with the charge that this is what he expects from us to be allowed into paradise, who is his creation to change his the rules?
>>
File: Smug Conan 02.jpg (27KB, 412x125px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Conan 02.jpg
27KB, 412x125px
>>
>>744056971
evil is arbitrary just like free will
>>
File: Smug Conan.jpg (75KB, 847x257px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Conan.jpg
75KB, 847x257px
>>
>>744056971
No he created these beings and then said these are the rules. He gave us the choice of following them or not. And when we didn't, we created evil. Or rather Satan did and he taught us evil.
>>
I believe in the golden rule. Everything else is pretty much just up for grabs.
>>
>>744056045
Are you fucking braindead? According to Christfag beliefs God is himself, Jesus and the holy spirit (the angel Gabriel), you ignorant idiot, dont fucking make a thread without having some basic common knowledge lmao
>>
Answered here>>2033917
>>
>>744052524
Read Bilbe and u will get all of the answers that u need...
If you dont want to read It then stop asking these questions !!
Very simple !!
>>
>>744058038
Wait, then what about the other archangels?
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.