[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, I was just diagnosed with type one diabetes. Fucking great,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 18

File: NOV63393.jpg (16KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
NOV63393.jpg
16KB, 288x216px
Well, I was just diagnosed with type one diabetes.

Fucking great, any other diabetics in /b/ and any tips?
>>
>>743846678
yee!
i found out about 4 years ago, seems like your life's over, its not lol pretty easy when you get the hang of it, what was ur a1c?
>>
My a1c was like 13-14 when they found it. I was sent to the hospital with a sugar of 780.
>>
Like. It really does feel like it. My eating habits weren't bad, now it seems like I can't eat anything at all now.
>>
>>743847035
bro, my blood sugar was 900 when I was diagnosed 14% a1c you CAN eat ANYTHING if you take enough insulin .. but that's a slippery slope with needing more and more and more as your body becomes more resistant switching to water and diet soda got me from 14 to 10 aic .. just my drinking habbits lol
>>
I was a really bad soft drinker and switching to diet Is going to be annoying to me. I've stayed in the 305-360 range for the past two days and I'm like 179 pounds or so. It's just frustrating since my endocrinologist is on my ass about pricking 3-4 times a day
>>
>>743847713
once you get ur numbers down u dont gotta do that shit

here's my day
wake up ... test .. 239 blood sugar take 4 units of insulin will drop me to 116
239-(29x4)
eat something with say .. 48 carbs
48/12=4 units
lunch no time for good food stop at taco bell .. 72 carbs
72/12= 6 units
dinner all protein and veggies = 0 units
test before bed right around 110
what state do you live in? Cali by chance? get a fucking insulin pump asap
instead of 1435654565460 shots per day, its 1 injection every 3 days for the pump medical for poor people will buy you one
>>
I live in Nc and my doctor wants me on one as soon as he can. I just have to take the stupid classes first.

Which pump do you Have?
>>
>>743848378
bro pump is literally 10000000000000x better than shots I was on one long lasting shot a day (lantus) plus a shot every single time i ate carbs ... im a snack guy so like .. 8 shots a day
now i just push 4 buttons and boom insulin
i have an old ass Medtronic lol 530g
>>
Yeah dude I'm fucking wanting to go on the new Medtronic that reads your sugars every 5 minutes and does all that other fancy shit for it. But id pay 2k outta pocket for that shit there and then with insurance it's like buying a fucking car.

But hey from what I've heard pumps are way cheaper than the pens and shots in the long run.
>>
>>743846678
Type 1 diabetes is cured, you won't even have it for that long, be thankful for modern science
>>
>>743846678
>inb4 shill
Highly recommend the Dexcom G5 cgm tho fr. I heard the next gen might come out within the year, but still, a continuous glucose monitor has made the biggest change in my blood glucose control and a1c results
Also have you thought about pumps?
And if you're a /g/fag you might find this to be a neat project that would get you an closed loop aps (essentially the closest thing to an artifical pancreas right now):
openaps.org
Lastly, and
>inb4
>gb2r
r/diabetes can be quite useful (also the only reason I visit that site)
>>
>>743849019
LOL illuminate masons aids is cured so is type 1!!!!!
>>
>>743846678
You've got it made bro. Since your piss basically tastes like fucking candy now the bitcheswill love it/ You can just let loose in a watersports show that would put even Donald Trump's pee-pee tape to shame.
>>
>>743849152
Oh shit man, that's a lot of useful shit. Appreciate it.

>>743849019
And yeah, I've been told a lot about how if you're gonna become a type one this is the fucking age to get it. Since pretty much most of the tech nowa days is a fuckin pancreas.

But anyone have any tips on different foods that are fairly decent to try as a diabetic most of the food the diet lady gave me tastes like fucking cardboard...
>>
I have a chance to get it, Type I. I'm genetically close to family that has had it.

However, around the age of 19 I stopped eating sugar almost entirely. I avoid fatty and greasy foods, I try to eat a lot more vegetables now. So far this has been going well for me.
>>
>>743849531
so if you want the ONLY soda that taste like a real one... diet orange sunkist taste just like the real one diet every thing else sucks fucking ass
those clear sparking waters fruit flavored are not bad
>>
>>743846678
I've had type 1 since I was 11. Fell into a coma as I was taken to the hospital, before I was diagnosed. I was out for 4-5 days.
>>
>>743849838
I'll ask my wife to get some of that for me. But food wise, I just have to count carbs. So not a huge deal but most of the stuff the diet lady fuckin told me to try tastes like fuckin ass.
>>
Yeah nigga I've been diabetic for 21 years. Grew up going to diabetes camp and had some of the best experiences of my life there. My roommate is actually another diabetic. Not much to know it's a huge bitch to take care of but it's doable. Also it's probably the most expensive disease even with insurance. That's why they've had a cure for years but it hasn't been released to the public. Sounds like a crazy conspiracy but it's very fucking true
>>
>>743849973
Jesus dude, sorry to hear that. Thankfully I was able to tell something was wrong. I drank a fucking case of water in like 3 hours or so. That's when I was like "fuck it going to the doctor.
>>
>>743850062
Trust me dude. I've been diabetic for only like a week now and I've already fucking paid 900 dollars with insure on this fucking disease. So I'm more than certain they have something out there that's better than this.
>>
>>743850114
I was young, father had work all day. I played it off as the flu. Ketones got so bad that every breath felt like ten knifes lunging into my chest, couldn't sleep, but shock knocked me unconscious.

I've haven't been seeing the doctor lately, not measuring my insulin dosages correctly. Honestly sick of it, and in a bad habit.
>>
>>743850201
Yep. Problem is nobody wants to help us out because most people think of the type 2 landwhales who did it to themselves. I was diagnosed in 96 and they've been saying "5 more years til a cure" since the day I was diagnosed. They did cure a lady a few years back but it's going to take a lot longer for clinical trials
>>
When I was diagnosed nearly a year ago I tought about killing myself by eating my entire bottle of medication. My dream was to join the military and now I can't, ever. Not sure if I'll ever be happy again. This fucking sucks.
>>
>>743850316
Yeah man, my wife's family has a lot of type ones and they all say everyone goes through that shit.

Because my fingers are all fucked up from pricking the fuckers constantly, I am still figuring out where to inject insulin that isn't fucking annoying so I'm mostly settling for my belly, and this shit is getting old super fast..
>>
>>743846678

This is a product of all the shite you think is good food in convenience stores etc in the US.

If you ate using non-commercial foods, didn't drink as much or smoke as much.

You would be fine.

Unfortunately nothing can take away the American label, you are stuck with that for life, much like your diabetes.
>>
>>743850484
I've been injecting in my stomach and legs almost entirely. As long as you bounce between sites you'll be all right.

Maybe as for the finger pricks, lower the meter so the needle doesn't dig as far. Don't need too much to draw blood. Might ease the annoyance.
>>
Have any of you tried to manage it through diet? I know someone that was Type I and went for 5 years without insulin, strictly by diet.
>>
>>743850598
Jesus Christ you're so fucking stupid. Type 1=/= Type 2
>>
>>743850406
DUDE I FUCKING FEEL YOU! I wanted to join the navy next year, and serve my country. I had the papers and was talking to a RO. Now I can't.

So dude I feel you completely. I'm just trying to take this as fuck it and move on but god damn it's hard as hell.
>>
>>743850630
No you don't they lied.
>>
>>743850406
>dream was to join the military

whew
>>
>>743850598
Type 1 Diabetes, not Type 2.

Type 1 tends to be entirely genetic, while Type 2 tends to be the result of poor diet on top of bad genetics.
>>
>>743850684
It was my cousin and I saw her go full vegfag over it...not lying. Find a different doctor.
>>
>>743850598
Are you stupid.

Type one is an issue with your pancreas dipshit not your diet.

Type two fags are the ones that are stuck by the label.
>>
>>743846678
OP would u describe yourself as super fat fuck, or normal looking (for /b/ anyway).
>>
>>743850755
You can't survive without insulin. Look up ketones. She needs a different doctor she's not diabetic
>>
>>743850764
Normal looking, I need to gain 10 more pounds to have a proper weight. So I'm eating more protein and working out more often to also try and control my sugars.
>>
>>743850755
She was probably type 2, with a semi working pancreatic system.
>>
>>743850654

Like I said if he didn't eat the shite out of shit stores, supermarkets, didn't drink as much or smoke as much then he would have less chance of developing type 1 diabetes.

I never said he was fat, at any time, you invented that in your head. Next time read fully instead of jumping the gun.
>>
>>743850714
kys liberal faggot
>>
ITT amerifats
>>
>>743850903
Yup
>>
>>743850851
She now has a pump and is definitely diabetic. Type I.

But you know, refuse to believe that you could manage it through diet I guess. It was only the first 5 years but she did it and did not require insulin until after that 5 years.
>>
>>743850955
You're retarded, my friend.
That's not how type 1 occurs.
>>
>>743850955
Yeah but you're still wrong you idiot. The cause of type 1 is completely genetic and can't be prevented.
>>
>>743850733
>>743850760

Here is another couple of faggots who jumped the gun and thought I mentioned fat or obesity. When I didn't once.

No wonder Americans are fucking dumb if they do this shit constantly.
>>
>>743851029

Wrong.

It isn't entirely genetic, although it is believed to be, there is no scientific proof that it is entirely genetic.

Considering there is studies that show Type 1 can be caused by gluten also. That genetic too also?
>>
>>743850992
So she had an insulin pump but didn't take insulin? You're confused, my man. It's possible she had an extended honeymoon phase meaning that her pancreas still produced some insulin for those 5 years
>>
>>743848951
See if you can find an old Medtronic pump to do
>openaps.org
>>743849531
If it doesn't have any carbohydrates in it, you can eat as much as you want without giving any extra insulin for it. If it does have carbs, try keeping in mind the food's glycemic index, basically how quickly food gets turned into glucose in your bloodstream). If you have a continuous glucose monitor, you can essentially see this happening (as it sends a new glucose reading every 5 minutes). This will help you precisely time your delivery of insulin for the food so that you can best minimize your blood glucose level spike after eating. Sorry if this is incoherent,
>dude weed lmao
>>743849692
Diet/exercise doesn't have anything to do with t1, you're thinking t2
T1 is genetically linked tho
>>743850062
This is what I've come to believe over the years
>>743850359
Truth
>>743850622
Also you honestly don't need to change the Lancet every time you prick your finger. I've had some last a couple months lol
>>743850598
Newfag
>>743850992
>5 years
That would.be a pretty long honeymoon period
>>
>>743851125
Also false. Those with type one have a higher likelihood of developing celiac disease and vice versa, but there is NO conclusive evidence that gluten causes type one. In fact, there is no evidence that environmental factors cause type 1. Burden of proof is on you, bud
>>
>>743851183
You change the lancets to ensure a clean prick. To avoid infection.
>>
Your probably really skinny. Insulin will help you gain weight.
>>
>>743851125
Actually this one is true.

When I was diagnosed last week they asked if any of my family had type one. And literally nobody in my family, uncles, cousins, or even grandparents had type one diabetes so they're not sure how I got it.

It's weird as fuck because I had a pretty healthy diet, I worked out constantly and this happens. The really only unhealthy thing I used was soft drinks.
>>
>>743851125
>Considering there is studies that show Type 1 can be caused by gluten also.
Source
>>
>>743851369
This, we request your source.
>>
>>743851365
I have 44 cousins and nobody on either side of my family is type one. Doesn't mean it's not genetic. Half of the people in my family (and yours) are sceceptibal they just happened to luck out
>>
>>743851326
>believing the pharmajew
Have literally NEVER gotten an infection from reusing lancets and I've done it for years
>>
Some doctors are thinking the flu actually might have given it to me since I had the flu a month before I was diagnosed. They're not really sure how/why it was caused. Since all my doctor costs when I was younger were all very normal.
>>
>>743851515
He's right changing lancets is bullshit
>>
>>743851302

Actually burden on proof is on the guy who claimed all type 1 cases is Genetic.

I would like to see that claim.

Celiac disease has been looked at more the last 2 years in connection with Diabetes, because both are similar in methods and type, and share other traits.

And if they is a link, there is a chance they could then find out why it happens, when the same cause can either send a person to go celiac, diabetic or even both.

As said the cause of Diabetes Type 1 is unknown, it is just speculation. So no it isn't genetic for definite either.
>>
>>743851369
>>743851445

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4586524/

What did you think I was talking shit or something?
>>
Yeah most of my wife's family doesn't change the lances either so I haven't really cared to do it since it's so god damn expensive.
>>
>>743851365
My 8 year old son was diagnosed when he was one. They don't really know the cause of type one. Some think it is sometimes triggered by a flu virus.
It is expensive and tough .... But manageable. Check out the nightscout foundation
>>
>>743851503

Then it isn't genetic, shit you could blame every single disease out there for being genetic if we used your logic.
>>
>>743851552
They've known about the link between celiac and type 1 for well over a decade you newfag. Nobody knows what "causes" although most speculate that it's some sort of virus that kills the beta cells. However, it has been proven that genetics are a pretty clear indicator of sceceptibility. Diet and excercise play absolutely NO role in developing type 1. This is common knowledge you halfwit
>>
>>743851543
Are you sure it was the flu, and not the effects of a dying pancreas?
>>
>be a gourmet / food lover
>find out im developing diabetes
well why shouldnt I kill myself now?
>>
>>743851872
Because your disease will do it for you.
>>
>>743851668
HAhahaha did you read your own source?
>>
File: fffff.jpg (38KB, 294x313px)
fffff.jpg
38KB, 294x313px
>>743850961
>thinks the american military is actually fighting for freedom and justice worldwide
>>
>>743851821
You see I'm not sure. I didn't get tested for it when I had it because my dumb ass didn't get the flu shot. It might have been the effects of it, the weakness and vomiting but I really don't know.
>>
>>743851817

You seem to be typing random words in the vain hope of looking intelligent.

Again nobody reads a post correctly and jump to conclusions.
>>
>>743851778
No, it is. There's actually a gene that they can look at that let's you know if you have a chance of getting type 1. Many people in my family probably have that gene and just happened to never develop it. I wasn't so lucky
>>
>>743851955
How long did it persist for? Up until you were diagnosed, or until you reached the hospital before treatment?
>>
>>743851976
so you don't understand the nuances of diabetes? Or you just can't read? 8 don't understand what's confusing you
>>
Has any other type ones gotten super pissed off looking at all these fat fucks gorge themselves on your favorite fucking drinks and sweet and just wanted to deck them?
>>
>>743851930

Yeah I did, did you read it all?

The part about the testing of T1D and Gluten? And the test to see the correlation between CD and T1D?

I take it you didn't. If you did you will see from their tests, and results that gluten plays a pivotal factor in T1D the more gluten the worse it gets, and they found that other subjects who developed T1D were heavy gluten users.

But you know please show me your proof of showing that all T1D cases are genetic.
>>
>>743852101

You seem to have a vague idea and know scientific terms used, but you clearly don't understand. Still waiting on the absolute proof that T1D is genetic 100%.
>>
>>743852040
It only persisted for like a week. And after that I was diagnosed a month after with a blood sugar in the 700's. So I'm really not sure my friend. Some are saying it was the flu and others were telling me you might have just gotten the short end of the stick. There is always a fucking cause and effect in the medical field so the short stick doesn't cut it for me.
>>
>>743851668
>Considering there is studies that show Type 1 can be caused by gluten also
>A reduced incidence of diabetes was observed in NOD mouse offspring from mothers fed a basal (gluten-containing) diet during gestation but a wheat barley protein-free (WBP) diet at or after weaning [88].
You're an idiot.
>>
>>743852269

You must have missed out this part.

"Main findings about the correlation between gluten and the onset of T1D.

In vitro studies:
Upon stimulation with wheat proteins T cells from T1D patients show a higher proliferative and pro-inflammatory response than T cells from control subjects [85].
Upon stimulation with gliadin, jejunal biopsies from T1D patients show increased CD25+ cell density as compared to control patients [83].
In vivo studies:
Incidence of T1D is reduced in offspring of NOD mice fed a GFD during pregnancy [87].
Removal of gluten from the diet selectively protects NOD mice from developing T1D [96].
FGD casein-based diet reduces incidence of hypoglycemia, delays onset of T1D and reduces IA titers in NOD mice [98].
Gluten containing diet alters the composition of the innate immune system in BALB/c and NOD mice and it is correlated with an increased expression of dendritic cells activation markers in NOD mice [86].
Human studies:
Introduction of gluten in the diet of infants prior to 3 months of age or later than 6 months is correlated with an increase in risk of IA development and T1D incidence [91,92].
Introduction of gluten after 6 months of age increases risk of GADA and IA-2A positivity [93].
Box 1 summarizes the main findings about the correlation between gluten and the onset of T1D."

Guess you didn't read at all huh.
>>
>>743852239
Whatever caused it, inherently unfair.
>>
>>743852139
Yeah it says that there is no conclusive evidence that gluten cause diabetes. It didn't even increase the risk (except in mice.) I already stated that there's a correlation between celiac and type 1. You seemed to think this I new information to the medical community
>>
>>743852358
Tell me about it especially since nobody on my side of the family has a history of it. It's weird as shit.
>>
>>743846678
Type 1 here. The first years are ok. Then the depression sets in and you'll want to kill yourself so much. Be prepared for this and once it sets in go get antidepressants. You'll thank me for this in four years time or so
>>
>>743852466

Again you didn't read fully, I even posted the damn exert to show it does, by removing gluten the NOD mice selected were prevented in developing T1D.

So
Get
Fucked
Son
>>
>>743852508
I'm right there with you. Not a person on either side of my family that I know of.
>>
>>743852350
I read box 1, dumbass. Hold on while I read the related studies, too.
Wheat barley protein is more likely the cause according to what I originally quoted you but I'd have to read that study, too.
>inb4 you suggest that wheat barley protein = gluten
>>
>>743852217
As I said before, they don't know exactly what causes it but they do know that genetics are the greater cause and predictor. Check out the celiac study the other anon posted it breaks that down. However there is no evidence that diet or exercise affect the likelihood of you getting T1 as you claimed
>>
>>743852626

You are wrong..so

Get
Fucked
Son
>>
>>743852217
Also, I've been diabetic for 21 years my understanding is anything but "vague." I know my way around the disease better than any doctor who's not an actual endo
>>
File: 1498450364086s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px)
1498450364086s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>743849019
>Type 1 Isn't cured
Type 1 isn't cured

Psssst: Type 1 isn't cured

But now that you're an illuminated fucktard, go back to your business because you don't understand the conversation adults are having.
>>
>>743852677
I may be wrong but so are you. The study you linked and the quote you relayed doesn't support your claim.
>>
>>743852576
Mice aren't people you fucking idiot, and the human trials were inconclusive.
>>
>>743852881
Well, that sums it.
>>
>>743852735
Different anon but I honestly think it is and big pharma is keeping us from getting it because we're cash cows. Not a big conspiracy guy but I'd put money on it
>>
I noticed that this is the first intelligent debate I've seen in /b/ in years.
>>
>>743851952
No one in this thread ever said that.
>>
>>743852945
Wouldn't there be money in a cure for the group that comes up with it?
>>
25 years with type 1, it is pretty ok at first but as the years pile on it gets pretty frustrating, you get tons of side diseaes, like high blood pressure, eyes begin to fade, then kidneys, nerves in your legs, you develop some resistence to insulin, so the doses will go up, this all gets very frustrating you eventually wont be able to keep up with healthy people as you get tired faster and take longer to recover,
so all in all, yes you can function and be like a normal person from the outside but you will eventually just rot off from the inside
>>
>>743852677
the first study under human trials followed infants with parents who had t1
>The BABYDIAB study follows newborn children of parents with type 1 DM.
This does not support your claim.
Still reading study 2.
>>
>>743853131
If they were able to get to clinical trials but even when they cure individuals, it flies well under the radar and never goes any farther. Big pharma is paying them off or paying somebody off to keep it that way
>>
>>743852945
>Big Pharma
>Powered by money
>Diabetes
>Biggest disease in America

Literally the inventor of the cure would be the richest, by far and large, person in the world. Patents would guarantee that the parent company has 10 years to effectively dominate the market before they have to release it, but by then everybody is cured.

You are a special kind of closet case. Put your tinfoil hat back on mate
>>
>>743853569
Then why hasn't a cure been released even though individuals have been cured? Don't come out so hot, friend, you might learn some stuff
>>
>>743852677
>>743853309
Study 2 links to study 1
You're a confirmed idiot.
Take solace in the fact that I fucked up, too.
Welcome to the club..so

Get
Fucked
Son

Dig a little harder next time and I'll do the same.
>>
>>743853669
The only real cure I have heard about is islet cell transplant. And they still had to take medication to stop the body from destroying the new cells.
>>
>>743853769
This guy. Thanks for putting in the extra effort to make that guy look like a jackass
>>
File: 1498442292589.jpg (167KB, 1002x1280px)
1498442292589.jpg
167KB, 1002x1280px
>>743853669
>Nobody has been cured

Nobody has been cured.

Pssst: Nobody has been cured of Type 1 diabetes. (animals are not people, and the best they've done is temporary)

NEWSFLASH: There are more than 1 type, thus why it is distinguished as type 1.

Please, PLEASE sit the fuck down before you literally hurt yourself trying to conceive of a world where numbers indicate a numerical divergence.
>>
>>743853811
Yeah that's the exact one I'm talking about. Unless it stops working, that's the cure. I'd rather take a pill with breakfast for the rest of my life than have type 1. The researchers from that study are also sure that it will work on others and say that a larger clinical trial isn't even necessary.
>>
>>743853937
Hey retard look up the islet cell transplant. Just because you didn't know about it doesn't make you - oh no, wait it makes you a complete dipshit.
>>
>>743853869
It was mostly for me. I always talk shit about reading studies to get the best/most unbiased information. Figured I'd actually do it. Took me 20 minutes.
>>
>>743853869
Have a good morning, Anon.
>>
>>743854181
Oh god, you are retarded

Looks like you fucking forgot to read it's not a cure, but helps type 1 diabetics manage difficult glucose ranges.

But I suppose reading is the forte of every person who can't walk and chew fucking bubblegum at the same time.
>>
>>743846678
Sorry guy. Welcome to the club though.

>T1 for 30 years, ketogenic diet, Lantus, 5.5 A1c
>>
>>743854481
No, you idiot it means she's no longer insulin dependent and her pancreas is producing insulin on its own again. She has to take pills to make sure her immune system doesn't turn on the islet cells again, but that's a fucking cure in my book you window-licking doorknob fucker
>>
>>743854680
5.5 good for you buddy boy
>>
>>743854481
>Isn't

Obese fingers from finger popping my anus all day.
>>
>>743853131
not if it's the same group that produces treatment options at a higher profit than the cure would net
rare, though (I assume)
>>
>>743852576
You're stupid as shit - trying to be smart by posting the first thing you get of google?

Go back to your moms basement dumbass
>>
I got diagnosed with type 2 due to pancreatitis but apparently on a slow dive into becoming type 1 no matter what I do.
>>
File: 1497852949609s.jpg (3KB, 125x88px)
1497852949609s.jpg
3KB, 125x88px
>>743854702
No, you fucking mongoloid.

>If you take medication that is related to adjusting your diabetes outside of your pancreas functioning as it normally does, you have diabetes

O

M

F

G

It really isn't that fucking hard. Just because you have crutches and a cast doesn't mean you the broken limb you have isn't broken you fucking mongoloid.

Her pancreas ISN'T producing insulin regularly, WITH ISLET INJECTIONS, HER DIABETES CAN BE CONTROLLED MORE EFFECTIVELY

I highlighted the part your retarded brain cant wrap itself around.

She still has diabetes

The Islet transplant helps her manage it better

She still has diabetes

She still has diabetes

>She still has diabetes

>The Islet transplant helps her manage it better

My fucking word, your parents should have left you at the hospital or swallowed you.
>>
>>743852735
>>743854962
these thumbnails are disappointing
>>
>>743854962
No, you fucktard, that's like saying if you take vitamin d pills to prevent cancer, you have cancer. Her diabetes is cured the pills just make sure it doesn't come back. You're not very bright I don't know why you insist on arguing something you have seemingly no knowledge on
>>
>>743854702
Medfag here - transplants aren't considered a cure given the eventual decline of the grafts cells and it's difficult to justify repeated fiddly surgical GA procedures to replace them.

Also the risks of lifelong immunoosuppression therapy can significantly outweigh the benefits in most cases making this not an appropriate option for the majority of DM1 patients.
>>
File: t3_6bump8.jpg (191KB, 827x1200px)
t3_6bump8.jpg
191KB, 827x1200px
>>743855096
They're regular for me. Maybe because I'm not a shitty, but then again, I do love a tight trans body
>>
>>743855154
Right but apparently, because of how the islet cells are injected, there will be no decline. Obviously we don't know if that's true at the moment but the doctors aren't confident.

No sure on the immunosupression therapy but I would think that would vary widely from patien to patient
>>
>>743854927
>no matter what I do
losing weight and eating low fat/sugar helps with type 2
>>
File: 1480333345800.jpg (117KB, 571x960px)
1480333345800.jpg
117KB, 571x960px
>>743855139
>Proven a retard

My word, you can't even formulate a fucking plausible metaphor to work your stupid logic into. Holy fucking shit, you have no hope.

It seems the only person who doesn't have any knowledge of this issue, is the person who's arguing there is a cure despite only reading the header of a non peer reviewed google document.

Spend some fucking time investing in what you're reading for a change, not everything comes in the easily digestible Yahoo news format you're used to.

If you have diabetes= You have diabetes.

Pssst, here's another protip since you have no fucking inkling of the topic you're discussing: People who take insulin products but produce adequate enzymes usually lapse into coma or die. But hurrdurr, you must know so fucking much about OH SHIT YOU'RE RETARDED

I keep forgetting that simple strings of words put together in clusters easily confuses you. My mistake.

Even the fucking medfag >>743855154
is telling you you're retarded. Bro, if anybody here has a say, it would go to 1.) the medicalfag 2.) the guy who actually does have it, and somewhere down in the fucking gutter where you and your family live, idk, 4000234151435623421351234.) You
>>
File: IMG_5596.jpg (66KB, 610x662px)
IMG_5596.jpg
66KB, 610x662px
>>743846678
I see you have the Asimov skin on your insulin
>>
>>743855256
Essentially a transplantation would be a surgical procedure to insert a cannula, repeated transplantations and lifelong immunosuppression if the host responds, which is hard to predict given the lack of evidence and patient factors.

If problems do occur, e.g host rejection of the graft, further damage will occur to whatever surgical site is present.
On top of this immunosuppresion therapy will make the patient obviously significantly immunocompromised making a high risk problem with common infections.

I'd rather just stick with insulin in comparison. There is enough evidence to show it works for now and the risks are significantly lower.
>>
>>743855170
>They're regular for me.
Are you tiny and/or sitting VERY close to the screen?
That one was visible to normal humans, btw. I like tiddies as much as the next fellow.
>>
>>743855423
I've had it for 21 years (5 years longer than you've been alive.) You back yourself into a corner and then you start redefining definitions and facts to save face. You're wrong, but people are wrong all the time. The reason you're such a dumb fag is because you put so much effort into insulting me but your stupidity bleeds through your sentence structure and inability to comprehend basic ideas.
>>
>>743855635
>You can adjust how big things pop up through your browser

You're welcome sug
>>
I'm a type 2 diabetic, because I was a greedy fuck who would eat all sorts of shit.

Now I take a load of tablets everyday to keep my levels down. I'm on more tablets than someone with HIV would take.
>>
OP here and have a question.

Is there at all a difference in how you deliver your insulin. Some were telling me the syringes are better but my father(medfag physician) says there is no difference.

He's a great doctor so I rather believe him but my wife's family all prefer the syringes.
>>
>>743855590
That makes sense but the islet injection isn't a one time thing. It's actually very cool how they do it and maintain it. If you haven't read the study it's very interesting and the process is very unconventional
>>
Like I prefer the pens over syringes
>>
>>743855792
>ENHANCE
there are still a limited amount of pixels
sug as in sugar?
>>
>>743855849
IS***
>>
File: crHdZC5.png (944KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
crHdZC5.png
944KB, 500x750px
>>743855755
I'm 31 kiddo. When you were in being pushed out of your mothers dank, sullied, war beaten pussy I was finger popping scummy sluts like your mom.

Are you upset that so many people proved how much of an incompetent retard you are?

Bro, it was just reading. ALL you had to do was read before trying to tell others what to do like some shitty, third world dictator trying to tell people how to live a better life.

You should kill yourself though, to save you from the embarrassment of having so many people telling you you're stupid as fuck.
>>
>>743855819
No difference except that the cathader in the pump can get kinked preventing you from getting insulin properly. No risk of that with pens/needles
>>
>>743855931
Nigga what thread are you reading everyone seems to agree with me
>>
>>743855935
Thank you for the information my friend.
>>
>>743846678
Hi OP

I've been diagnosed since I was 17. It's not the worst thing in the world so don't worry too much.

Just remember - with type 1 diabetes, you always need to inject insulin. A lot of people are giving you misinformation here - just remember - you can't control this with diet alone. You ALWAYS need to inject.

Welcome to the club buddy
>>
>>743855955
Nobody does. Literally nobody is agreeing with you.

If you take a medication, implant, or otherwise to regulate a normal function of your body, it is not cured. That's like me saying Roosevelt was cured of polio because he got a fucking pool

Seriously, kill yourself you mentally inept garbage sub human.
>>
>>743856023
Thanks man haha, sad I had to join it but everyone I've met has given me nothing but a warm welcome and wants to help.
>>
>>743856111
You're making up your own definition of "cured" and then using that definition in your argument. You're like the dumb fuck college kids who say black people cant be racist because "racism is a system of oppression that requires power and white people have power." That's not the real definition you just tailored the your own definition to work for your argument. At this point you've got to be fucking with me
>>
File: Dva just right.png (336KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
Dva just right.png
336KB, 557x605px
>>743856367
cure
kyo͝or/
verb
past tense: cured; past participle: cured

relieve (a person or animal) of the symptoms of a disease or condition.

Are you this fucking dense, really?

The only person tailoring anything here is you, you delusional, egotistic fucking jackass. Get your goofy ass back in the fucking line you slope jawed sister fucking hillbilly.
>>
>>743856528
Aaaaaand thanks for proving my point. The transplant relieved her of ALL SYMPTOMS. Not just a few. Not just on the surface. Her pancreas literally functions normally now. Where's the disconnect you fucking autist?
>>
ok OP, I'm 50 this year and I've had type 1 since I was 7 years old so here's some valuable advice. Don't smoke, don't drink beer, don't think candy bars and donuts can't do damage. Don't get lazy and stop doing the blood tests, I did that for years and ended up fucking my eyes, nearly went blind in one eye until laser coagulation saved it.

The more careful you are keeping blood sugars under control the less you will have to worry about complications in the future
>>
>>743856367
Your statement just proves you have no idea what the word "cure" or "cured" means.

Repetitive measurements to calibrate diagnostics is neither a sign of relief of symptoms or conditions. That's pretty much the opposite.
>>
File: t3_5hnqta.jpg (1MB, 2304x2048px)
t3_5hnqta.jpg
1MB, 2304x2048px
>>743856646
Pssssssst
It doesnt

>It doesn't

Here's a big clue: It's right in the document you linked you unibrowed gump breeding fuck tard.

She

Still

Has

To

Take

Medication

As

Well

As

Monitor

Her A1C

Are you fucking autistic? Do you drink bleach?
>>
>>743856744
>pancreas didn't work (diabetes)
>gets an injection
>pancreas works

I win. I wiiiiinnnnnn. It feels so good to outwit you. I Winn but also you lose which is even nicer. Mmmmmmm so good
>>
>>743856862
this isn't even good trolling
>>
>>743856837
The pills are to prevent her from getting diabetes again. It doesn't manage her blood sugar it's an immunosuppressant that prevents her beta cells from being destroyed again. Her a1c is only monitored for the experiment and it's been completely stable for almost 2 years. Learn to read
>>
File: 1498584739490.jpg (82KB, 853x853px)
1498584739490.jpg
82KB, 853x853px
>>743856862
Is this how autistic people lose a battle they didn't have a chance in?

>Post an article stating exactly opposite of claims
>Ignore the people saying that's not what the article states
>Get pissy and lash out like a prepubescent child

PS: You should still read past the first paragraph in that article. Good read, but I doubt all those words are for you.
>>
File: 1497854578409.png (582KB, 627x885px)
1497854578409.png
582KB, 627x885px
>>743856959
>Proven autistic

>...additional medication is used to help stabilize glucose......

I fucking hate children so much. People like you deserve to die in the streets haha

Also, pretty funny that somebody talking about tailoring a word would tailor a word to fit their argument. It seems almost like you have no fucking clue what you've done and are half hazardously trying to pull out of a nose dive of committing too much bullshit to paper.
>>
>>743856907
>>743856907
Honest to god not trolling. This has just been going on too long and there is no arguing my point anymore. You've backed yourself into an intellectual wall. She was cured by the dictionary's definition. If you disagree you're either wrong or you're being purposefully dishonest because you're embarrassed to concede
>>
Not diabetic myself but habe a few in my family type 1. They swear by the pod systems. Three days of just jecking blood after mealsand before and after sleep and you are golden. Also if you have any eye problems you may be able to get partial dissability to either get corrective surgery or help pay for insulin.
>>
>>743857162
Not used to stabilize glucose, they're immunosuppressants. Do you understand yet?
>>
>>743856660
Yessir! I'm trying to do my best but god damn it's getting more and more difficult every day..
>>
>>743857287
also, carry a card saying you have type 1 or get one of those medical ID bracelets. I've collapsed in the street with hypoglycemia so many times and people have walked by thinking I was drunk.
>>
File: 43fb4wgqlh9y.jpg (46KB, 500x750px)
43fb4wgqlh9y.jpg
46KB, 500x750px
>>743856959
But for real, I'm out. Keep believing there's a cure when you have to

>Monitor
>Take medication
>Adjust dietary needs
>Become immunodeficient

It's retarded that you say all that shit and still believe "cure" is the correct terminology. The only term thing in this whole conversation is how terminally retarded you are.

But no, no. It's just the paper you linked and a medical fag telling you it isn't a cure. Don't mind me here, Salty McFaggot. You keep being the A #1 Smart Guy 2.5 GPA FORD Pinto ProMaster NoScope docotr.

hahaha
>>
>>743857451
Didn't even post any links but okay. The diabetes itself is cured even if there are other complications. Have a good one and please don't reproduce!
>>
>>743857275
>Was a direct quote from the article.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMFG WAY TO PROVE YOU DIDN'T READ SHIT YOU COCK FACED SHIT STOMPER

Talk about egg of the fucking face. How fucking embarrassing to not know the article you link.
>>
>>743857587
lol oh god, it even gets better.

Now you're trying to be another anon to scape goat out of publishing a post that goes in direct conflict to this liberal jew propaganda

Seriously could not have asked for a better end to my night. Fucking gold
>>
>>743857602
The fuck are you talking about I didn't link any article...
>>
File: 1497851952299.png (450KB, 1270x1958px)
1497851952299.png
450KB, 1270x1958px
>>743857587
Don't worry, I'll reproduce but if they come out like you I'll smash their heads with rocks myself.

Probably drown them in a sac like puppies; probably what your parents should have done with you tbh.
>>
>>743857678
>>743857602
What fucking article are you fucking retards referring to?
>>
>>743857762
Have fun with your cartoon porn, virgin
>>
>>743846678
what were your physical symptoms?
genuinely curious.
>>
>>743851952
even if that was what he thought, it would still be a damn sight more than you would ever do schlomo
>>
>>743856660
Neat. I'm not the old fuck in the thread! Tell me stories about the before times when you only had NPH and R and home glucose monitors weren't invented yet.
>>
>>743859063
Also, did you have to boil glass syringes when you were a kid? Not sure when the disposable hypodermic needles were commonplace.

When I was a kid I remember these godawful 1st gen accucheck monitors that you had to put a gallon of blood on the test strip, wait 60 seconds, wipe off the blood and wait another 60 seconds before putting it into the monitor to read.
>>
>>743846678
I got it at 27 shit sucks. almost 3 years later still don't know how to carb count and shit
>>
>>743859232
Yes, boiling up glass syringes and doing urine tests. Those were the bad old days of diabetes management in 1974. The hypodermic needles were vicious too, much thicker than modern ones. And the insulins were classified as porcine or bovine depending on whether they were from pig or cow pancreas because this was way before genetically engineered human insulin grown in bacteria.
>>
>>743859317
protip: read the side of the packet, tells you the carbs
>>
>>743858970
Not OP but untreated type 1 diabetes usually results in weight loss, dramatically increased thirst and urination, confusion that can resemble drunkeness and sometimes a characteristic smell of acetone on the breath as the body cannot metabolise glucose so breaks down proteins for an energy source. The acetone breath is a result of ketones from the protein breakdown.
>>
>>743859374
That's awesomely shitty.
>whelp, looks like my blood sugar might have been high yesterday!

I took the oinker shit for a couple years before the recombinant DNA shit hit the market. God, I remember this one girl my age with the beetus when I was 12 or so who supposedly had an allergy or some shit to regular insulin. I think they had her doing it all with NPH. Fucking horrifying.

Round about when did they have the disposable hypodermics?
>>
>>743859714
Can't remember when the Plastipak syringes came in but they were a hundred times better than the glass ones. Not as good as the Microfine needles you have today but a big improvement.

I'm in the UK so I get all the insulin, syringes, test equipment, everything provided free of charge (free to me that is) by the NHS. Can't imagine what it must be like having to worry if you have enough money for insulin, it's treated as a basic human right here.
>>
>>743846928
That makes no sense a good hba1c is 40-60 and if your sugar level was that high you would be dead, if not a coma
>>
>>743860012
He didn't specify units, I'm guessing the 13-14 is in mmol per cubic decimetre
>>
>>743859714
Fuck. Now I'm really thinking about that poor kid. Late 1980's, I think. In the course of 6 months she ballooned up like 20-30 pounds. All the lows must have made her eat like shit multiple times a day. The endos back then were really peddling the high-carb diet shit the USDA was shovelling. I betcha they had her shooting 2 massive doses of the N a day.
>>
>>743860153
Thing is, unless you are really unlucky diabetes is a fairly easy condition to manage. You've just got to plan ahead so you know how much insulin to take, keep monitoring your bloods and remember to eat. There's far worse conditions to live with on a daily basis.
>>
>>743859927
Well, I can tell you I have given those faggoty big pharma cocksukers at least a million dollars at this point (on top of the taxes everybody gets to pay), and I have had to do some Dallas Buyers Club tier shit to stay alive at times.
>>
>>743860012
>if your sugar level was that high you would be dead, if not a coma
Not necessarily, anon. I'm type 1 and when I was diagnosed my sugar was 1,095. Drove myself to the doctor.
>>
>>743860281
lol. Now it is. Back then it wasn't.
>>
File: sexyschookilhb.webm (963KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
sexyschookilhb.webm
963KB, 720x480px
>>743846678
Tell >>>/ck/ that you have diabetes, and they'll help you out.
>>
>>743860373
1095 mg/dL? That's impressive.
>>
>>743860441
Yeah, try gauging how much porcine insulin to take by doing urine tests. Not gonna work. I meant it's easy to manage now, in the 1970s it was pretty hit and miss.
>>
>>743860503
Yes. I had lost about 20 pounds in a week. My body was literally eating itself.
>>
>>743846678
get your shit together and stop shoveling sugar into our mouth or your going to die.
>>
>>743860545
When you get into the protein metabolism your body is actually pretty clever. It metabolises muscle tissue first and brain tissue last of all. So if you get through the ketosis then there's a chance you won't suffer too much brain damage.
>>
>no more sugar
>more exercise
looks like someone is going to be fit
>>
>>743860516
Yeah, I had a pretty rough time in the 80's. That's why I like talking to type 1's who are older than me and survived the dark ages.
>>
>>743860607
Type 1 diabetes isn't brought on by overeating, that's type 2.

The two conditions have radically different causes, I don't even know why they have the same name.
>>
>>743860616
yeah my legs got really skinny. I looked great lol.
>>
>>743860646
I hada tough time last year, just got into a series of BAD hypos. Ended up in intensive care in a coma for 10 days, tracheostomy tube in my neck and a tube up my dickhole. That wasn't a great time.
>>
>>743860729
The two tubes weren't connected, before anyone asks.
>>
>>743860616
Ketoacidosis. I'm in dietary ketosis, myself with excellent blood glucose control. Don't help propagate the stigma against ketosis amongst normies by using the wrong terminology.
>>
>>743860729
How's your liver? What was going on there?
>>
>>743850062
Oh you're fucking right. It's sad but true. T1D has fucking done so much damage to my life physically and mentally but mostly mentally.

But you've got to just keep moving forward. The world doesn't owe you anything.
>>
>>743860784
Yes, said ketosis, meant ketoacidosis.

Ketoacidosis is a medical emergency, ask any doctor.
>>
>>743860833
Liver, kidneys, thyroid all working fine.I just get some months where the control goes a bit off and I end up getting picked up off the floor by paramedics.
>>
>>743860975
Stop taking lantus at night
>>
>>743861007
Did that, woke up with raging high blood sugar. It's sorted out now, docs said it was probably down to variations in other hormone levels that contribute to glycaemic control.
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.