[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you know: >God had a wife (Asherah). >He borrowed this

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 62

File: yahweh-throne.png (22KB, 275x320px) Image search: [Google]
yahweh-throne.png
22KB, 275x320px
Did you know:
>God had a wife (Asherah).
>He borrowed this wife and other attributes from the Canaanite god Baal.
>He also took on the name and attributes of El, head of the Canaanite pantheon.
>>
Also Lucifer is a retelling of a myth about the Canaanite god Attar, who was cast down to earth when he tried to usurp the throne of Baal (which was atop a holy mountain, another attribute borrowed by Yahweh).
>>
File: Tricia-Helfer-with-her-Harl.jpg (64KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Tricia-Helfer-with-her-Harl.jpg
64KB, 480x640px
Of course. Don't you watch Lucifer?
>>
>>743387119
I'm assuming this is sarcasm but I don't watch the show, so I'm hoping they actually weave in some references to the Caananite roots of Lucifer.
>>
File: (16).jpg (115KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
(16).jpg
115KB, 1000x750px
>>743387213
Canaanite*
>>
File: 1443912802006.jpg (89KB, 350x1297px) Image search: [Google]
1443912802006.jpg
89KB, 350x1297px
Pretty much every religion is an amalgamation of aspects from nearby religions. I'm pretty sure that Allah is the name of the moon god from the tribe Mohammad came from
>>
>>743387254
More of this?
>>
>>743388422
I just explained they are primarily based in Canaanite polytheism, though of course Zoroastrianism and Hellenistic thought are big influences as well. Saying they're "just Zoroastrians" is simplistic af tho
>>
>>743386875
its all bs m8
for that to happen god would have to be a living being
>>
>>743388632
god doesn't need to be alive, just religion. living religions change, morph, evolve, fuck neighbor religions and have weird kids, etc.
>>
>>743388736
I don't think we can delineate it quite so precisely.
>>
>>743389280

How precise is the word "about" to you?
>>
>>743389468
"about 50%" is pretty damn specific, I really doubt anyone has been able to untangle, categorize, and make a pie chart out of the many overlapping influences on judaism. what I'm saying is that X% isn't a workable formula here at all.
>>
>>743386875

if nothing existed before god, how could he 'borrow' attributes from other gods?
>>
>>743389794

Sigh...

Somewhere between 40-55%.
>>
Daily reminder that Judaism praises Baal, aka Moloch which was a sumerian blood god represented by a bull which people would sacrifice children to.

Post Judaist expansion Christianity was created as a European version of Judaism then Islam was created as a destabilization effort of the 'Holy Land'. Pitting these two groups against each other those that follow Judaism are killing two birds with one stone. Blood for the blood god(wars between Christianity and Islam) as well as clearing a path to occupy the holy land without accruing casualties from their own camp.

To summarize Christianity and Islam were created as a toll for Judaism to reign supreme in the middle east. All three however worship what most would consider 'The Devil', Ball/Moloch.
>>
>>743390228
If they worship Baal/Moloch or 'the devil', who or what then is the opposite of that deity and who worships the "good guy"?
>>
>>743390595
church of satan
>>
>>743390737

That shit is retarded too.
>>
>>743390595
If I remember correctly there were three primary 'gods' in the Sumerians religion. All three are at the highest echelon but each takes turns ruling more or less. Sometime between Sumerians/Caanites/Current Judaism the story goes that the previous 'Ruler' or One above others was dethroned by another one of three that judaists believe to be moloch/baal. At one point I knew the three names but they have changed over time to the point where I wouldn't even really rely on the shit I read online. If history is written by the victors then I would assume any information readily available online would be disinformation. These people are sick they thing giving energy to these gods gives them power and would do anything to hide the truth about the other supposed two. This also ties into creating Christianity and Islam based on Judaism just re-written. It gives more power to their so called 'God' even though most of the people worshiping don't know exactly WHOM they are worshiping.

If it wasn't for the fact that this shit is so ancient I would say go with something like paganism that is based on the appreciation/worship of nature itself but at the very least I wouldn't go following any mainstream Abrahamic religion. If heaven and hell are real imagine everyones surprise when they die and find out they have been worshiping a blood god that feasts on children/babies this whole time.
>>
>>743391451

Oh is this a freemason thread?
>>
>>743391829
Not familiar with the freemasons. I'm more interested in ancient history and religion than I am with Illuminati/Freemason conspiracies.
>>
File: xmaspast2.jpg (69KB, 400x340px) Image search: [Google]
xmaspast2.jpg
69KB, 400x340px
>>743391451
>paganism that is based on the appreciation/worship of nature

Yeah thats just modern hippie bullshit. Primative religions were just what happened when early man dressed up the often brutal practices with ceremony. The modern pagans just like being vaguely spiritual so they can be "cultured"
>>
>>743392150

Not interested in conspiracies, please continue.
>>
>>743390228

So, gnostic christians got it right?
>>
>>743388510
that's because its the same event interpreted by many people of different perspectives. Once you more through that paradigm shift, get over it and life gets far more interesting.
>>
>>743391829
Yes. That's ppwtty much exactly what all this is.

What do you call it when you induct a neophyte into freemasonry?
>Mordor in the first degree
>>
What was Captain William Morgan told after he wrote Illustrations of Masonry?
>hang in there
>>
What would Eliphas Levi's favorite meme be?
>goatse
>>
What did Gerald Gardner drink with his supper?
>craft beer
>>
>>743392520
I'm pretty sure that's what the mainstream Abrahmic religious want us to believe. That paganism was about dressing up in pelts and slaughtering animals while reciting hymns or some shit. I think there is a lot more to it, specifically rituals involving the stars. Even primitive structures dating back 10's of thousands of years have been seen that align in some way with solstices. This shows not just a deep understanding of nature but the stars themselves and our place in the solar system/galaxy/universe. I think there is more truth in the ancient religions of Europe than we will ever be allowed to know. Even the swastika which it's most ancient representations found in Europe and have been found all over the world resemble the spiral of a galaxy.

This idea that paganistic faiths were bloody seems to me like the Abrahamic pot calling the silverware black. What knowledge have our current mainstream religions brought us? I'm ranting now but ultimately what I'm saying is that religions based on nature seem to have more inherent truth(math, astronomy etc) than the bullshit we see today that really only seems to focus on bloodshed.

>>743392529
What do you want to know? It's been a while since I've been deep into this stuff so sorry if I don't have a lot to offer.
>>
File: fags.jpg (10KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
fags.jpg
10KB, 300x168px
What did Alestair Crowley say to Jack Parsons?
>shit don't push it
>>
What did Jesus say to the Pharisees?
>my dad can beat up your dad
>>
File: allthayandabagofchitlins.jpg (6KB, 287x176px) Image search: [Google]
allthayandabagofchitlins.jpg
6KB, 287x176px
>>743393811
Stormfront pls

What did Plato do when he reached the isle of Eulysis?
>he caved
>>
I can post again! After 5 years b&
>>
What did the first joke John Dee told Queen Elizabeth start with?
>Enoch Enoch
>>
>>743393999
Bro, pretty sure this is common knowledge. The big three all stem from Judaism.
>>
File: helloboys.jpg (6KB, 302x167px) Image search: [Google]
helloboys.jpg
6KB, 302x167px
>>743394203
Okay, but that's still an absurdly simplistic way to describe it, Hitler, Jr.

What did Robert Anton Wilson do to obtain the support he needed to make his Illuminatus trilogy a success?
>he had dealings with Eristocrats
>>
What did George W Bush do to secure the 2004 presidential primaries against John Kerry?
>he let Kerry bone his skull
>>
What do you say when 4chan pours you a glass of Kool-Aid?
>Oh no
>>
What secured Brigham Young's place in heaven?
>Mormoney
>>
>>743394387
You want I should write a paper about it? I prefer to leave things in simple terms Mr. Ad Hominem. This is a message board not an accredited institution.
>>
What did Tom Cruise say to Katie Holmes?
>you keep your whore mouth shut
>>
>>743393620

What if you found what you searched for but it rejected you for what you have become?
>>
File: 078.png (42KB, 455x473px) Image search: [Google]
078.png
42KB, 455x473px
>>743394853
That's not ad hom, it's exactly what nazi run around saying. Papers have been written on that before and have been repeatedly debunked. In the end, the only thing your argument hinges on is
>herp disinfo
>>
>>743386875
poppycock
>>
>>743395114
>Using source text to debunk criticism of source text
How fucking retarded are you? Either way, you accomplished your goal, way to derail the thread. How much is Shareblue paying you?
>>
>>743395114
That's exactly what an ad hominem is bud. You're calling names and offering NOTHING to the conversation.
>>
>>743395254
Point proven. Thanks for your contribution to absolutely nothing.

Yaweh is not Moloch.

/thread
>>
File: 1501050009389.jpg (11KB, 236x235px) Image search: [Google]
1501050009389.jpg
11KB, 236x235px
>>743395254
I find it hard to believe a single fucking thing you're saying and I hate those Yid scum.

Seems you're just retarded.
>>
>>743395531
You must be fucking dense. I said the three religions all stem from the same root. It doesn't change the fact that they are three separate religions and therefore three different groups of people. Now you're putting words in my mouth. If you are being genuine here you have a serious reading comprehension problem.

>>743395537
I found it hard to beleive as well. You have to do some serious digging and even then the evidence is tenuous at best. Really just a theory. Like I said, history is written by the victors.
>>
>>743390020
I think you missed my point
>Daily reminder that Judaism praises Baal, aka Moloch which was a sumerian blood god represented by a bull which people would sacrifice children to.
daily reminder that's not actually true, they worship yahweh, who subsumed some aspects of Baal (aka Baal-Hammon NOT Moloch/Molech) thousands of years ago
>>
>>743395384
My posts actually included facts about the history and timeline about this stuff, yours literally amounts to
>Yaweh is not Moloch.
>/thread
Nice one bud? How long did it take you to come up with that?

>>743395531
The only evidence you provided was from the source text that is the topic of criticism. That's like me saying the bible is wrong and that the earth is older than 5000 years old and you saying NU UH LOOK, then quoting the bible verse that states the earth is 5000 years old.
Try harder bud I know you can do it.
>>
>>743396108

Dude what? I never said that.

Fuck off.
>>
>>743395940
>>743393811
>Sorry which book are you referring to?

>Protip: They were all written by Jews.

That's not what I'd be putting in your mouth if you said something this stupid to my face and not online.
>>
>>743396227
sorry dude meant to tag the other anon. do-over:

I think you missed my point

>>743390228
>Daily reminder that Judaism praises Baal, aka Moloch which was a sumerian blood god represented by a bull which people would sacrifice children to.
daily reminder that's not actually true, they worship yahweh, who subsumed some aspects of Baal (aka Baal-Hammon NOT Moloch/Molech) thousands of years ago
>>
>>743396108
Ohhhh I see now, it's just SOME aspects of not Moloch but Baal-Hammon. Funny enough both of those gods are known for child sacrifices. But it's just SOME aspects right? I feel a lot better now. Thanks for clearing that up.
>>
>>743396420
>Ohhhh I see now, it's just SOME aspects of not Moloch but Baal-Hammon.
Yeah, thousands of years ago when Yahweh was still thought of as this tan bearded dude who lived on a mountain. Any evidence of child sacrifice you're going to submit is going to be biblical polemic, but we can go down that road if you really want.
>>
File: kek.gif (1MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
1MB, 256x192px
>>743396271
>say that to my face and not online
>the post
>>
File: landers.jpg (8KB, 212x238px) Image search: [Google]
landers.jpg
8KB, 212x238px
>>743396191
Nope, just a bunch of assumptions based on the prime creator God also possessing aspects of his lesser, created gods. The One True God of the Jews spoke out against worship of Moloch.
>>
>>743396561
Shut up, bird.
>>
>>743396578
>just a bunch of assumptions based on the prime creator God also possessing aspects of his lesser, created gods.
you mean scholarly books and articles written by people who are much less retarded than you, looking at thousands of years worth of evidence, much of it pretty blatant if you're reading the original biblical texts about the "sons of el" , or archaeological inscriptions about "yahweh and his asherah". Even with an English translation it is blatant the Jews went from henothetistic to theistic positions at the very least, and it should be obvious that a polytheistic period preceded the henotheistic.
>>
>>743386875
/[citation needed]/
Legit non trolling reply, I'm truly interested in all this subject and would like to learn more.
>>
>>743396578
>God sits enthroned on a holy mountain, and when the usurper tries to overthrow him, he casts down the Morning Star.
Hint: the God is Baal-Hadad

(mispoke when I called him Baal-Hammon earlier, talk of Molech got me thinking of Mammon).

Baal was also wed to Asherah, who we see is later paired with Yahweh in worship in ancient Israel, which is behind much of the conflict in Kings/Chronicles. He assumes the role of head god with a heavenly council, which was once the role of El, which is why Yahweh's council is called "the sons of El" and Yahweh assumes the name El and related titles.
>>
>>743397077
Yahweh and the Gods and Goddesses of Canaan by John Day is a pretty good text, dry but insightful.
>>
>>743395940
Just to throw in my two cents. if I remember correctly even Mohammad himself said that Jews, Christians and Muslims follow the same god and he referred this group of three religions as "people of the book".

Also fun fact that all of the arch angels mentioned in the christian bible are blood or war related 'spirits' in the ancient religion called Zoroastrianism.

After that, is it strange anymore that people in the same time period as Mohammad (also himself) still believed in angels (good spirits) and in djinns (bad spirits or demons)?
>>
>>743390228

*tips fedora*
>>
There's only one God, and Yog-Sothoth is his prophet.
Hail, Azathoth!
>>
>>743397282
"people of the book" doesn't refer to muslims, just jews and christians (and a few other monotheists that are kinda-ok but mostly fucking heretics)

Another fun fact: Samson is based partly on Hercules (or they share a source), as well as a solar deity (Shamash)
>>
>>743397257
Thanks a lot, kind anon. Will look it up!
>>
File: likeaboss.jpg (6KB, 214x236px) Image search: [Google]
likeaboss.jpg
6KB, 214x236px
>>743396852
Which is why the patriarchs were so pivotal to what we know as Judaism and its ofshoots, the direct revelations.
>>743397134
Nope. Yaweh is nothing less than the Father of Beginning, the Alpha and the Omega and the progenitor of all lesser deities.

Both of you need to stop with the assumptions and read something less biased. Unless, of course, your bias would prevent this.

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sitchin/divine_encoun/divine_encounters14.htm

It took over a dozen books before he arrived at his conclusions and from what I'm gathering from this thread, it's more material than you could ever digest yourselves.
>>
>>743398018
>Yaweh is nothing less than the Father of Beginning, the Alpha and the Omega and the progenitor of all lesser deities.
Those are attributes he subsumed from El, the wise aged god who sat at the head of the Canaanite pantheon. Yahweh originated as a war deity (later acquiring storm deity attributes from Baal-Hadad) from outside of Canaan, he may have originally been a Midian deity but no one is certain.
>>
>>743398018

Why do you care though?

Why is it important?
>>
>>743397282
If I remember correctly Angels are supposed to be living entities whereas djinns are the physical/corporeal manifestation of evil intent/deeds.

Thinking back(and along the lines of Yahweh/El being moloch/baal) the three gods pop up in a lot of places mainly in Christianity as the holy trinity and in a more hidden fashion in Judaism under the title Israel. Is, Ra, El. I know the Sumerians followed a 'Three' with others below them I just can't recall the original names.
>>
>>743398229
He probably believes the Jews didn't originate as a Canaanite tribe, but rather are the sons of Abraham who were enslaved in Egypt and pursued by Pharaoh's doomed army into the desert where they subsisted on mana until God allowed them into the promised land. All because of that fucking snake and that goddamned forbidden fruit.

anyway, if he doesn't convince you of this you'll burn in hell and he won't get bonus points with god, so that's why he's so committed to his position
>>
>>743398219
No one is certain because these "wise and learned" scholars you rely upon completely disregard the possibility that He is someone else ENTIRELY.

>>743398229
Troof.
>>
File: img2.thejournal.ie.jpg (63KB, 605x403px) Image search: [Google]
img2.thejournal.ie.jpg
63KB, 605x403px
>>743393620
I do prefer the ancient religions over the new but thats just because the druid/bard types were secretive enough that people can project onto it to make it creepy or peaceful. There were "colleges" that aspiring druids would travel across seas to get to, and the later sun worshiping sect learned a lot about seasons and time that were hundreds of years ahead of the rest of the world.

This doesn't change the fact that they were pretty brutal. btw the ancient Irish believed the stone of Tara was the god Lug's dick, and if a man sat on it and heard the god's moan it meant he was the high king
>>
>>743398342
djinn were created from fire and are like humans in that they possess free will. some are good, some are bad, some can be controlled (see solomon). angels (unlike in judaism and christianity) possess no free will in islam, they are simply agents of God.

Sumerians and Canaanites after them were polytheistic, many gods, many goddesses, often paired.
>>
File: awfulrisk.jpg (8KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
awfulrisk.jpg
8KB, 279x181px
>>743398562
Pagans confirmed for worshipping dicks.
>>
>god
stopped reading there
>>
>>743398517
No one is certain because sensible people rely on scant archaeological and historical evidence and leave plenty of room for other possibilities, instead of a magic book and medieval hermits.
>>
>>743386875
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gur8ccqrQ9c
this makes more sense now
>>
>>743398759
thanks for the report fedorafag.
>>
>>743398811
There's that bias I was warning you about.
>>
>>743398517
This is what I've been trying to get at. A lot of evidence either goes completely ignored or intentionally buried whenever something is discovered counter to the current narrative.
It's almost like people don't want everyone to know what was really going on back then.
>>
>>743389959
The concept of the Christian god hasn't existed since before the big bang, we made him up a few thousand years ago.
>>
My understanding of these things is limited but I just remembered that isn't there supposed to be one so called 'lost tribe' that modern jews don't really want to talk about but it is mentioned in ancient texts. I do seem to remember that it was more talked about back in the 90's.
>>
>>743398894
not a fedorafag
science fails to prove god in any way. why should anybody believe in something written down thousands of years ago? show me evidence of god and i'm becoming a full-time theist
>>
>>743398899
I have no bias toward Christianity. Those hermits are some of my favorite reigious writers, and they've taught me a great deal about the human experience and the metaphysical framework of Christianity. St. John of the Cross, Thomas Merton, Meister Eckhart, even Paul are writers that I hold in high regard. But I don't look to these people for historical knowledge, unless it's about the Church at the time they were writing. If I want to know about ancient history and prehistory, I look to actual historians and the archaeological record.
>>
>>743399060
it's a myth that's being going around for centuries. everyone from englishmen to gypsies to africans have claimed to be the lost tribe.
>>
File: jesufo.jpg (35KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
jesufo.jpg
35KB, 500x330px
>>743398933
Exactly.

>And the Divine Name that is revealed to a mortal for the first time (in the conversation Moses is told that the sacred name, the Tetragrammaton YHWH, had not been revealed even to Abraham) combines the three tenses from the root meaning "To Be" - the One who was, who is, and who shall be. It is an answer and a name that befit the biblical concept of Yahweh as eternally existing - One who was, who is, and who shall continue to be.

>A frequent form of stating this everlasting nature of the biblical God is the expression "Thou art from Olam to Olam." It is usually translated, "Thou art everlasting;" this conveys undoubtedly the sense of the statement, but not its precise meaning. Literally taken it suggests that the existence and reign of Yahweh extended from one Olam to another - that He was "king, lord" not only of the one Olam that was the equivalent of the Mesopotamian Nibiru - but of other Olams, of other worlds!

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sitchin/divine_encoun/divine_encounters14.htm
>>
>>743399062
>science fails to prove god in any way
which is relevant to the conversation itt how exactly? maybe you should have read past the first word before forming a half-baked opinion.
>implying I'm trying to convert you to theism
honestly kys for being so illiterate and trigger-happy to tell the world about how you're le atheist mcscience who knows santa isn't real.
>>
File: 123.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>743399353
>>
File: molecule.jpg (222KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
molecule.jpg
222KB, 1280x800px
>>743399117
>I have no bias toward Christianity
'Against' is the more appropriate term here.
>>743399062
The Higgs field (or thereabouts) is the holy spirit. yw
>>
>>743398229
Fuck off shill
>>
>>743399060
>>743399219
Could the lost tribe be the Ashkenazi's? When DNA mapping don't they trace back to eastern Europe/western Asia? Maybe at some point a group migrated away from Mesopotamia and up into Asia at which point they kind of became their own separate tribe? Would it make sense that it isn't talked about as the Ashnekazi's are more represented in the higher positions in Israel and whatnot?
>>
>>743399593
>Could the lost tribe be the Ashkenazi's
no
ashkenazis are jews. how are they lost? they have dna from both the middle east and europe
>>
>>743399558
>The Higgs field (or thereabouts) is the holy spirit
or it's just where space itself ends
vague assumption
>>
>>743399681
They may have been 'Lost' when they were written about. We are talking about spans of thousands of years when travel/communication wasn't as easy as it is today. If there is a 'lost tribe' what would be the timeline for them getting 'lost'?
>>
>>743399728
>where space itself stops being rendered
FTFW, god is actually the source code boys, we've cracked it, pack it up!
>>
>>743399728
>vague assumption
Just because I didn't scratch out a whitepaper for you on the spot doesn't mean I've assumed anything. Years of research gave me that insight. Do that full-time work you mentioned and you'll find corroboration. Happy Hunting!
>>
>>743399832
you don't seem to know what "lost tribe of israel means"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Lost_Tribes
>>
>>743399062
>prove
>god
you understand neither science nor faith
>>
>>743400040
>Years of research gave me that insight
kek
>>
>>743400040
Pic related.
>>
>>743400086
>Reuben
The most delicious of the sandwich tribes.
>>
File: picture 11.gif (11KB, 1313x980px) Image search: [Google]
picture 11.gif
11KB, 1313x980px
>>743400130
Play the hostile troll much?
>>
>>743388222
chekd
>>
>>743400210
Isn't this thing found all over the place and has significance to some physics space/time theory? Anyone want to fill me in? Or is it some quantum thing? idk.
>>
>>743400437

Nope, its just similar pictures. People like to make correlations on things that are not related because it makes them feel smart.
>>
>>743400437
All of the above.
>>
>>743400691
Hows that fedora
>>
File: 079.jpg (81KB, 893x620px) Image search: [Google]
079.jpg
81KB, 893x620px
>>743400691
Well aren't you just a regular bully setting yourself up on a pedestal as the golden god?
>>
>>743400948

The tree of life is a bunch of crap.
>>
>>743401109

Its true, and now you are upset.

But I am able to have my opinion changed if you can explain it well.
>>
File: bacula.jpg (6KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
bacula.jpg
6KB, 305x165px
>>743401235
>>
>>743401805

Someone is not pleased. You wanted someone who could see falsehood. I am telling you know that the tree of life is a human concept and not liked to the universe.
>>
File: Flor-de-la-vida_Leonardo2.jpg (565KB, 917x1300px) Image search: [Google]
Flor-de-la-vida_Leonardo2.jpg
565KB, 917x1300px
>>743402356
Discovered by humans, not created by them.
>>
>>743402512

I see no unifying aspect behind it to support its importance beyond the human opinion.
>>
>>743402869
If you're lucky, eye transplants will be available within your lifetime.
>>
>>743402512
This tells me nothing man. Stop being so vague. I don't read moon script or whatever the fuck that is. Not only that but it doesn't 'prove' that it wasn't created by humans only that it was possibly forgotten and discovered at some point.
>>
>>743403585
Another anon here, in my opinion depictions of the tree of life being similar to what a single molecule looks like, indicates that we formerly had science that was advanced enough to detect it and then lost it somehow, only leaving vaguely esoteric depictions of it.
>>
File: Pakistani Amulet, 4000 bc.png (250KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Pakistani Amulet, 4000 bc.png
250KB, 600x400px
>>743403585
Lurk moar.
>>
File: judgmentday.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
judgmentday.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>743403862
>>
>>743403883

Oh boy something loosely related to another picture. I guess that PROVES that they are related 100%.
>>
>>743403862

Except how did we lose our advanced technology?
>>
>>743404317
Pretty much stuff like this...
>>743404238
>>
>>743404317
War most likely, there are passages in the Bhagavad Gita, detailing the gods as flying around in sky chariots throwing weapons that produced mushroom clouds.
>>
File: India.jpg (305KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
India.jpg
305KB, 1366x768px
>>743404537
Brings to mind the "evil wind" that killed Dumuzi.
>fuck yeah Sitchin
>>
>>743404537

>Implying humans cant have an imagination

Where is the physical evidence of an older more sophisticated culture that existed with close to our technology level? Where is it in the fossil record?
>>
>>743404987

The Flower of life started to show up in human art around 700BCE, not before that.
>>
>>743405059
Look at our oldest buildings that are still extant anon, the oldest known one is from 21,000 BC.
Yet we've existed in our current form way longer than that, they might've just broken down.
>>
>>743405059
Vitrified glass.
>lurk moar
>>
>>743405059
Also I didn't imply that, I was entertaining a notion that makes more sense than the existence of gods.
>>
>>743405163
k
>>
>>743405566
Well stop trying to be a failed entertainer and educate yourself, little ant.
>>
>>743405677
How would you explain it then?
Tell me oh sage what is the truth and gospel of your opinion?
Entertaining a notion, without buying into it is a sign of intellectual honesty. We can't figure out what is right or wrong if we aren't willing to contemplate every theory.
>>
>>743404317
>>743404537
>>743405059
You mean an event that may have melted ice at such an alarming rate that most of our history is under water at this point?
Makes me wonder why comparatively underwater research is thousands of times less funded than space exploration which has gone nowhere in decades...
It also explains why our oldest known creations are of stone, something that is relatively resistant to flooding coughgreatfloodlorecough
>>
>>743406220
I also just remembered that places like gobekli tepe and other stone structures that have been purposely buried underground then had smaller structures built above them. Almost like they wanted to ensure that even flooding wouldn't get to them.
>>
I asked for evidence for a civilization as advanced as ours and got...

>>743405486

Shitty glass (FUCKING GLASS) like thats fucking advanced.

>>743405467

A pile of stones made by neanderthals. Boy thats advanced.

>>743405602

And a unsourced picture of some crap.

GOOD JOB
>>
>>743406220
Yeah that is one potential thing that might've happened.
Technology has also hampered underwater archeology, we're getting much closer to doing it properly now as our underwater crafts get more sophisticated.
>>
>>743406399
I'm the pile of stones guy, I'm not saying this is a definite thing that happened, only that it is possible.
I just tend to think that lost advanced science makes more sense, than some magical ever-present dude making everything.
>>
>>743406220

Oh so its a conspiracy now?
>>
>>743406445
The real tech we should be working on is automated scans of sub earth. You see it in scifi all the time where we just fly drones and scan the ground and 100's of feet below the surface. I think the tech exists but we just don't see it in application because it would reveal too much. More specifically the people in charge of funding shit already know so why would they invest further?
>>
File: 1497342062999.jpg (101KB, 960x731px) Image search: [Google]
1497342062999.jpg
101KB, 960x731px
>>743386875
Did you know:
> That all religions are made up bullshit
> Therefore, it does not matter if a religion borrowed from any other religion
> Because they're all retarded
>>
File: 1503266039897.jpg (156KB, 736x940px) Image search: [Google]
1503266039897.jpg
156KB, 736x940px
>>743386986
Sure, faggots. Whatever keeps you gay
>>
>>743406625
What do you mean by 'its". You have to be more specific if you want to have an actual conversation. You want to get into semantics everything is a conspiracy. Even a group of people working together to figure out exactly what our history is would be a conspiracy by the base definition.
>>
>>743406015
6/10 You can continue to play the adversary without me now. Stay in the dark if you want, your development isn't my responsibility.
>>
File: carlsjohnson.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
carlsjohnson.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>743406399
>unsourced
>didn't read the description
>>
File: HelpMeContribution...jpg (165KB, 914x777px) Image search: [Google]
HelpMeContribution...jpg
165KB, 914x777px
>>
>>743406971
Have fun anon, enjoy not explaining your position and treating people in a patronizing manner because they volunteer other ideas than the ones you subscribe to.
>>
help me guys
>>
>>743406783
HAARP was recently reactivated. Ignorace abound up in here.
>>
>>743407155
At this point I don't know who is shilling or being an ass but what you said sums up this thread in its entirety. Very few are actually offering sources for their statements.
>>
>>743386986
Lucifer is Satan is Shaitan is Melek Taus.
>>
File: batty.jpg (20KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
batty.jpg
20KB, 225x224px
>>743407155
Pot, kettle, etc.
>>
>>743406783
I don't know about that anon, I have a hard time accepting theories based on "They don't want us to know".
It makes it too easy to subscribe to faulty thinking without proper evidence.
>>
>>743407227
HAARP is Ionosphere shit. You saying they went full Tesla and started bouncing energy off the Ionosphere back into the ground to find shit? It might explain the constant buzzing and sleepless nights I have had for the past few months.
ALEX JONES WAS RIGHT!!!!!!
>>
>>743407362
>>743407310
I haven't asserted to know anything for certain, I'm just sharing my opinion that deities seem unlikely and that there might be simpler explanations out there.
>>
File: 1503778466461.png (691KB, 676x679px) Image search: [Google]
1503778466461.png
691KB, 676x679px
ITT homosex men make historical arguments on why God should keep the cock coming their way
>>
>>743407625
I think it was just advanced culture. Probably had to move after the ice melted. What's that quote? Any significant jump in technology will seem like magic to the unknowing?

Honestly the 'Gods' we hear about today is probably just shit stories about people who had advanced tech. Atlantis and all that.
>>
>>743407963
That was the idea I was offering, seems more likely to me than magical creator beings.
>>
>>743407963

>implying humans cant have an imagination and everything ever written was factual
>>
>>743408187
You do know that same notion discredits religions right?
>>
Sacred Geometry = Drunvalo Melchizedek

Look him up. Hes a hack.
>>
>>743408298

>Implying I give a rats ass about religion
>>
File: Disgust.jpg (47KB, 564x400px) Image search: [Google]
Disgust.jpg
47KB, 564x400px
>>743408187
>Implying there is evidence of knowledge from the past that we cannot explain even now.
Calm down bud. Maybe someone smoked DMT and saw god IDK. You seem pretty adamant in pushing that it's just imagination like complex geometric shapes just happen through thought. Nice try.
>>
>>743408375
Then what do you give a rats ass about and what are the ideas you want to offer?
>>
>>743408454

>Implying the universe is in the Flower of life.

So when are you going to start talking about crystal magic?
>>
>>743408539

I only care about fact, science, and evidence. I see most of our culture is collapsing along partisan lines of science denying idiocy on both the left and right. I see all political ideas as nothing more then ignorant musings on the semi religious concepts of morality. I see the failing of the light of the west and ultimate extinction of all human life. I see the world as becoming more and more centralized and controlling of the mind and body. Cultures, races, ideas, languages are all being snuffed out for the "goal" of globalization and when their loss is the loss of understanding the world in different ways. I see humanities future as cybernetic bio-engineered slaves to the wealthy class. So engineered that they will never again be able to rise up.
>>
>>743397534
OH you And your dunwich horror shenanigans.
>>
>>743408959
Not sure how you jumped to that. What I'm saying is that there obviously was advanced knowledge that we are just catching onto now. If crystal magic has anything to do with anything it would be understanding light and its refraction.
I'm saying this isn't just imagination, It's previously known understanding the likes of which is mostly being hidden. All we see is what we are allowed to see.
>>
>>743409372
Huh, our concerns seem very similar.
>>
>>743409470
Hastur Hastur Hastur.
>>
>>743407347
Satan and lucifer have different origins. Ha-Satan plays the role of prosecutor in Yahweh's heavenly court (the sons of El, a vestigial pantheon) in the book of Job. The original lucifer ve she is a repelling of a Canaanite myth involving Attar.
>>
This thread devolved quickly.
>>
>>743410930
>The original lucifer verse is a retelling of a Canaanite myth involving Attar.
*typo
>>
I'm still surprised with all this shit that no one brought up how the Bible labels Judaism as the 'Synagogue of Satan'
>>
File: 1459285439663.jpg (12KB, 294x313px) Image search: [Google]
1459285439663.jpg
12KB, 294x313px
>>743386875
did you know

>religions of the book are so old that trough all the years and wrong traductions, a lot of people added a lot of bullshit.
>now none of the three religions are exempt of contradictions and wierd laws
>yet they are based on the same stuff
>>
>>743408454
>>Implying there is evidence of knowledge from the past that we cannot explain even now.

Well, yeah, there's definitely plenty of things like that. For instance, we've lost the technology to create actual Damascus steel, or something like Greek fire.

We have evidence they exist, but we don't know how to recreate it. What gives?
>>
File: WtfAmIReadingBert.gif (2MB, 341x321px) Image search: [Google]
WtfAmIReadingBert.gif
2MB, 341x321px
>>743412112
You aren't wrong...
>>
>>743412317
The romans also had a superior way of making concrete that was lost.
>>
>>743412421
>>743412317

This is all true.
>>
>>743412317
>>743412421
Pretty sure someone knows all of it but just doesn't share it with plebs.
>>
>>743412640
Oh on a similar subject, the ancient greeks had taximeters as well, for hiring carts to drive you around. This tech was lost and reinvented, only to be found again in an archeological dig.
>>
>>743412966
Why though?
That is always what I get down to when people imply conspiracies related to this, what would they gain from doing so?
I mean if I knew how to make superior concrete, I'd sell it to the highest bidder and make mint.
>>
>>743386875
There's a lot of similarities between Christianity and the Sumerian religion. Particularly in the book of genesis. History channel did a programme on it.
>>
>>743413158
The fact that just about any of us could do it now. How wrecked would construction companies get fucked if the mats were easier to find and stronger. Same thing with flammable materials. If anyone could make fire that can't be put out... well the 70's would have gotten REAL bad REAL quick.
>>
>>743412966
>pretty sure

Based on what?
>>
File: doomguy.gif (785KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
doomguy.gif
785KB, 320x240px
>>743411899
Synagogue of Satan dubs
>>
>>743413442
But the construction companies would be the ones to buy it anon. Nothing aside from the time and labor invested in building a house, stops you from buying the materials and doing it yourself.
If you have the time, skills and funds, you can definitely do it on your own.
>>
File: StPetersCross.png (351B, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
StPetersCross.png
351B, 90x90px
>>743386875
Nope, lies and bull shit perpetrated on us by liars of the synagogue of Satan and men in funny hats. Good day sir.
>>
>>743413523
You never had someone teach you shit but hold a bunch back? Grow up.
>>
>>743413656
Depends on the type of materials. If most of it is easily harvested even by single means well then yeah. Hide it.
>>
>>743413822

Restock your reynolds wrap, bro.
>>
>>743386986
You have your chronology distorted by liars who claim to be experts.

God *was* "in the beginning" and before all others. But do keep schilling for Lucifer my "friend".
>>
>>743413913
This is contrary to how information and technology has been shared in the past though anon.
I mean people used to travel far distances, just to learn specific techniques from the people who invited it and the investors were gratified by this and passed on their knowledge.
>>
>>743413442
You couldn't put it out with water. But we don't know if it was real or propaganda.
>>
>>743414011
What about all of that time people existed before judaism and christianity was even a thing?
>>
>>743413177
Yeah Christianity is an outgrowth of Judaism which evolved from Canaanite polytheism, which is ultimately based on Sumerian religion (or Proto-Semitic religion anyway). Plus Sumerian religion influenced Babylonian religion which then influenced Judaism during the Babylonian captivity.

You've got the flood
Yahweh battling the sea monster (see: marduk and tiamat, baal and lotan)
Samson having attributes of the sun god Shamash
etc.
>>
>>743414011
citation needed. inb4 muh bible
>>
>>743414178
During that time, men were fooled by Demons and told many lies. The Hebrew people (Descendants of Adam showed up about 8 measures after the rest of the races. When God decided he needed some one to til the soil. AFTER his "day" of rest.) We are NOT all the Children of Adam and Eve. Other races did exist first and most of the mythology is the doctrine of demons. (Genesis 4:6)
>>
>>743414083
And more time than any after the advent of the internet we are seeing what? Stopping the flow of information to fit a narrative or to hide things entirely. Pretty sure that's why we don't understand those technologies now and why I'm pretty sure someone does.

>>743414136
I would wager it was a type of napalm but who knows? That's the fun in speculation!

BTW Digging this thread, thanks for being a part of it anons.
>>
File: NapkinReligion.jpg (12KB, 236x218px) Image search: [Google]
NapkinReligion.jpg
12KB, 236x218px
>>743414466
Do you evidence of that assertion that isn't a book that has about as much credence as the napkin religion?
>>
File: 1458378554287.jpg (846KB, 1550x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1458378554287.jpg
846KB, 1550x1050px
>>743414361
If you reject the source and yet trust the men in funny hats you have sown your lies and shall reap your just reward.

Bow to the Anti-Christ when he arrives. If I am still here? I will try to warn you. I will still try to be merciful even if you insist on casting stones at me.
>>
File: Braun-25.jpg (84KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Braun-25.jpg
84KB, 600x399px
>>743390595
>god
>good guy
pick one
>>
>>743414484
But most of the hiding of information we've seen on the internet is based on political moves and losses of privacy. Not how to make superior concrete, I mean the entire world would benefit from more solid constructions.
>>
>>743414703
do you have evidence*
>>
>>743414466

8 measures of what? This all sounds retarded.
>>
File: 3crosss1.jpg (77KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3crosss1.jpg
77KB, 1024x768px
>>743414703
Bullinger's Companion Bible, Strong's Concordance. Tools you need if you really want to understand who we are and why we are here.

The online BS has been perverted. A Chaldean word meaning "young ram" was recently changed to "Unicorn" just so some could point and laugh at Christians. Many men claim the title Christian or Teacher but are evil liars to the core. Discernment can be your friend.

Love (Greek: agape, Latin: caritas)
Joy (Greek: chara, Latin: gaudium)
Peace (Greek: eirene, Latin: pax)
Patience (Greek: makrothumia, Latin: longanimitas)
Kindness (Greek: chrestotes, Latin: benignitas)
Goodness (Greek: agathosune, Latin: bonitas)
Faithfulness (Greek: pistis, Latin: fides)
Gentleness (Greek: prautes, Latin: modestia)
Self-control (Greek: egkrateia, Latin:continentia)

These are displayed by *True Christians*. We do not wear funny hats and lie from behind pulpits.
>>
>>743415271
But why should I trust you or any religion.
To me it sounds like you want to control me through shame tactics and tacit threats.
>>
File: 3crosss2.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
3crosss2.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>743414923
I try to avoid the use of the word day since it is not what was said in the original Chaldean or Hebrew. God did not create the Earth or man in seven "days". But instead seven measures of unspecified time. Some translation mistakes have been made in the Bible wither intentionally to protect various authors of the 66 books contained in it from persecution. Or unintentionally by the Translators to the KJV of the Bible who apologized profusely in the 3 letters at the beginning of any 1611 reprint.
>>
>>743415271
>>743415401
Besides I can ascribe to those behaviors without being religious.
You can get to the same behaviors through game theory.
>>
>>743415638
>Some translation mistakes have been made in the Bible wither intentionally to protect various authors of the 66 books contained in it from persecution
what about the even greater number of people who redacted and re-redacted those books over thousands of years? I mean this stuff was changed a ton before Jesus was even born.
>>
>>743414822
It would, unless you had plans to build solid construction under the earth.
>>
File: 1463100686380.png (266KB, 308x364px) Image search: [Google]
1463100686380.png
266KB, 308x364px
>>743412112
/thread
>>
>>743415817
What are they using that for then?
I'm not against you here anon, I just can't subscribe to this idea because someone might be doing this, show me smoke anon and I'll concede the fire.
>>
File: 16cmTwoToneCross1.jpg (81KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
16cmTwoToneCross1.jpg
81KB, 700x700px
>>743415401
You shouldn't. I am not critical of skepticism.

I tend to preach the Golden Rule.

How ever you get there is fine with me?

I just entered the thread to counter the lies offered by OP.
>>
>>743416006
Man, it's funny, every time I enter a theology thread, I end up talking to you.
And I do mean every time, we might as well be on a first name basis.
>>
>>743415758
Hence Judaism creating both other books. There is a reason the Old Testament went south with Europeans. It was a direct book from Judaism to western speak without considering how western europeans actually live. Anyone who doesn't see this is a fool.There had to be a Christianity 2.0 to get Europe on board. Even then it was reworked because Europeans don't think like Jews or Muslims.
>>
>>743412112
Judaism is based on Canaanite polytheism, Zoroastrianism, Hellenistic thought, etc

Christianity is based on Judaism, Hellenistic thought, potentially Gnostics like the Essenes or other esoteric sects/mystery religions

Islam is based on Judaism, Christianity, and pre-Islamic Arabic polytheism/mythology
>>
>>743416179
The OT isn't a book, it's a collection of many books written and redacted over thousands of years.
>>
File: 31mmPBlBOgL._SY300_.jpg (6KB, 176x300px) Image search: [Google]
31mmPBlBOgL._SY300_.jpg
6KB, 176x300px
>>743415715
see >>743416006

>>743415758
Which is why I try to focus mostly on the words directly attributed to Christ himself and mostly disregard the lies proffered by men in funny hats and most so called Experts.
I tend to trust Science, Math, and the teachings of our Lord. If a supposed "Scientist" tries to disprove Christ I ignore that "Scientist".

It certainly isn't an easy route to follow.

But I let mercy rule out above all things.

I am not going to throw rocks at anyone. I will simply debate the words.
>>
>>743415979
You have to get into 'Conspiracy Theory' at that point. Look at places like the Denver airport. It's construction historically is much like military bases in that no one person was there for the entirety of the construction.

You want to get into solid concrete being used. Look at tunneling technology, so far more advanced than any digging tech we have that is useful. The only reason for it would be to tunnel between areas that are important, all of them connected by strengthened concrete, otherwise why?
>>
File: scarletmacaw2.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
scarletmacaw2.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
>>743416142
Well I hope I have intrigued and not offended you? I do seem to spend far too much time at /b/ of late. Most here call me the "parrot guy".

May peace be with you.
>>
>>743416354
It is a book now whether you like it or not. Try to make excuses but it was brimstone and fire the key aspects of what Judaism avoids with bullshit rules. Whether you like it or not it is a book. How it came to be was just after or in my opinion during the fall of Rome.
>>
>>743416375
>>>743415715 (You)
>see >>743416006
Yeah I got that, both of them are me.
I'm gonna break one of my rules because of >>743416142 and give you an identifier to recognize me, I'll go by Tom in the future.
>>743416475
I really don't know anon, I might just be an optimist who think people would sell technologies that benefit all.
>>
>>743416628
I rarely get offended by people who don't try to force me to believe what they believe.
>>
File: 1485889251879-2.jpg (279KB, 680x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485889251879-2.jpg
279KB, 680x1024px
>>743387119
I sure as fuck do.
>>
Thread is dying so why not.
Anyone else feel like they die every night only to wake up to a slightly different world?
>>
>>743418018
Not really, but I do sometimes get the feeling that I can sense other iterations of me die in other universes though.
Like an echo of trauma that didn't happen where I am, but close by.
>>
File: yt0.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
yt0.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>743418018
Not really..

I pray to die each night.

But I always seem to awake to the same fucked up world. What changes I have seen certainly do not appear to be better. Or in the case of technology are a very mixed bag.
>>
>>743416375
>Which is why I try to focus mostly on the words directly attributed to Christ himself and mostly disregard the lies proffered by men in funny hats and most so called Experts.
too bad he didn't write down anything himself, it was all oral tradition for 30 years or so until the gospels were composed. so the really memorable stuff like his parables and some of pithy moral teachings are more likely to be original than much of the other red text.
>>
>>743416740
>It is a book now whether you like it or not
nope, still many separate books. people even remember the names of these individual books. genesis, exodus, leviticus, numbers...
>>
File: twoparrots.jpg (82KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
twoparrots.jpg
82KB, 1280x960px
>>743418514
>it was all oral tradition for 30 years or so until the gospels were composed.

Yeah I don't know how true that is the assholes who teach it do not seem to be supporters of his teachings. (And the dates change from 30 to 40 to 70 tears) I just have serious doubts of most of what some folks say. Especially supposed experts.

>>743416740
Yeah I agree with this Anon. >>743418593
70 books 66 Authors written over thousands of years . Sadly even in the time of Moses men tried to make it say what they wanted rather then what God and Christ intended.. (Obviously Christ was not of Moses time and is is regrettable I have to actually say so, but I am sure some /b/tard would attack my words otherwise.)
>>
>>743418593
Funny how all of those are christian... One book for jews and muslims. Revisionary history for Christianity.
>>
>>743419022
It's definitely not exact, but the earliest pauline epistles are generally dated around 50 AD, and mark at around 66-70 AD. If Jesus is crucified between 30 AD and 36 AD, we're looking at 14-20 years for the first Christian writings and 30-40 years for the first gospel.
>>
>>743419321
>Funny how all of those are christian
They're Jewish actually. Christian books come thousands of years later, though they accept the Tanakh as well (most Christians anyway).
>One book for jews and muslims
wut
>>
File: slide_02.jpg (229KB, 960x360px) Image search: [Google]
slide_02.jpg
229KB, 960x360px
>>743419321
One book for Jews? Umm Torah is a collection of books different authors as well.

Muslims? Took all of the other two groups writing called it laws and insisted you follow it or they would kill you while their Imam's ignore it all in totality.

Again I say with great confidence ignore the men in funny hats.

But realize that all 3 of those groups worship the God of Abraham.

Be careful when you read jewish propaganda.
I am NOT a holocaust denier but I have serious doubts as to the truth of those who claim to be jewish today because of the stern warnings in the Bible Revelation 2:9 and 3:9.. Not that I advocate harm in any way. I just would not bet my life or entrust myself to their hands.

>>743419621
Paul was not a contemporary of Christ. I do not consider him to be an Authority and from the dispute between him and the other Apostles in the Book of Acts I would say they had their doubts too. Most of what is contradictory in the New Testament is attributed to him and if not for his denial of the lie called rapture in Second Thessalonians? I would probably ignore his writings completely.
>>
>>743396852
This is a hypothesis. It is consistent with the data, but so is the hypothesis that the Jews always and only had an exclusive monotheism. It takes more than consistency to confirm a hypothesis, faggot.
>>
>>743419730
Aaaaaand if you read from the beginning of the thread I said the same thing but got shit on earlier. I'm done.
>>
File: scarlets.jpg (14KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
scarlets.jpg
14KB, 300x168px
>>743420036
Further - Mark was a young teenager when he joined the Disciples. His work is certainly far less accurate, and in a more "many years later recall" style.
>>
>>743398472
Only Christians have the doctrine of original sin. This is not part of Jewish theology. In fact, it is antithetical to Jewish theology.
>>
>>743420036
>Paul was not a contemporary of Christ
I'm aware he never met Jesus, but the earliest Christian writings come from him, and he met Jesus's brother James the Just (head of the church in Jerusalem) as well as his apostle Peter (who the NT records him arguing with, namely about the inclusion of gentiles and issue of circumcision).
>Most of what is contradictory in the New Testament is attributed to him
What? Most of the contradictions come from the gospels, because we have four accounts of the same events so it's easy to compare and contrast. Also many of the "Pauline" epistles were not actually written by Paul.
>>
>>743420230
>It is consistent with the data, but so is the hypothesis that the Jews always and only had an exclusive monotheism.
this is inconsistent with the data, provide a few scholars who support this view.
>>
>>743420374
>it is antithetical to Jewish theology.
ehh no
>>
>>743420315
The gospels aren't -actually- named after their authors. The least accurate gospel is the most recent, John, and you can see how events like the baptism evolve between Mark and John by comparing what is done and said in each of the four accounts. This gives us insight into how belief was evolving at the time the gospels were composed.

I still like John a lot though, it might be the least historically accurate in many ways, but it also presents the most advanced Christology.
>>
File: scarlet-macaw-parrots.jpg (246KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
scarlet-macaw-parrots.jpg
246KB, 1920x1200px
>>743420374
That is because pretenders to the throne have infiltrated jewish religion, and nearly all aspects of mankind from education to banking and government. (Yeah I know tin foil hat time) Still this conspiracy theory is very very old and is the reason Moses wrote the greater and lessor massorah to try and protect it from the lies and changes. Those lies still continue today there is a group or family of evil men who seek to pervert history and divide us all.
>>
>>743420548
The doctrine of "original sin" which is inherited is a false doctrine, contradicted by scripture. This is a paganism which Paul imported from his Hellenistic world-view. Pagans view sin as a soul-stain, if you will, which is passed from parent to child. This view can find no substantiation in the Hebrew Bible. In fact, we find the contrary!

Deuteronomy 24:16: The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the father. Every man shall be put to death for his own sin.”

Ezekiel 18:20: The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

The biblical and correct understanding of sin is simply that it is a state of having rebelled against God, of not following God's commandments to us. So, it makes no sense for a newborn to be called "sinful" since it has not voluntarily rebelled against God. What its parents or ancestors did is irrelevant.

Finally, if Paul is right that "There is none righteous, no, not one." (Romans 3:10; Also 1John 1:8, 10; Rom. 3:12, 5:12), then it must be the case there we will find none righteous before Jesus. Yet, is that what we see in the Bible? No, MANY are called 'righteous,' 'blameless,' 'perfect': Noah (Genesis 6:9;7:1); Lot (Genesis 18:23; 19:15); Job (Job 1:8, 32:1; 42:7); King David (Psalm 7:10; 18:23; 2Samuel 22:21; 1Kings 14:8, 15:5; 2Kings 14:3); King Asa 1Kings 15:11; King Hezekah (2Kings 18:1);King Josiah (1 Kings 22:1, 23:25); Moses (Deuteronomy 18:13); general, unspecific references to righteous people (2Samuel 4:11; 1Kings 8:31; Psalms 1:1; Proverbs 3:32-33; Proverbs 10:11; 16,20-21, 24-25, 28-32; 11:3-9, 18-23, 27-31; 13:1-18; 14:32-34; 15:24-32; 18:10; 20:7; 21:3-8, 16, 21; Ezekiel 3:18-21.
>>
>>743420641
>The least accurate gospel is the most recent
as though this is provable in any way
>>
>>743387899
No.Actually,Allah is just the Arabic cognate of the original name for god,El.Notice how similar they are?
>>
Did you know that the modern day religions are an attack on this god and that Calvin is really God?
>>
>>743420775
Compare all four gospels.

Here's the baptism of Jesus according to Mark:
>At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. 11 And a voice came from heaven: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.”

>The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30 This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ 31 I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.”

32 Then John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down from heaven as a dove and remain on him. 33 And I myself did not know him, but the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is the one who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’ 34 I have seen and I testify that this is God’s Chosen One.”

This is one example of John being downplayed while Jesus, especially his divine nature, is played up as the stories are retold. (Jesus may have even been a follower of John originally)
>>
>>743420760
>"There is none righteous, no, not one.
Of their own nature. Those before were made righteous by their faith, as Paul clearly states.

Not sure what you think Original Sin is, but it is the first sin that Adam and Eve committed which is clearly believed by the Jews. They even believe its effects, which is the expulsion from the garden and the need to toil.
>>
>>743420718
It is an old Christian conspiracy theory that Jews (rabbis/pharisees) do not represent "true" Judaism, yet it is the Christians who were the deviants from the original/traditional Judaism. Just a MOMENT of thought reveals this.

Greek "scripture" text, not Hebrew. Greek concepts (trinity, original sin, hypostatized sin, payment/ransom soteriology, incarnation, logos, etc.). These were all products of Hellenization, and the split was a result of a civil war within Judaism that predated Christianity by many years.

No scholarship supports the Christian view that it was anything other than a Hellenization in Jewish packaging.
>>
>>743421076
the first greentext is mark, second is john, btw
>>
Whelp, glad I argued long enough to get people to bring up Christianities criticism of Judaism. The synagogue of satan... Jews worship Moloch/Baal. Any european christian worth their salt knows it.
>>
>>743387899
No.Actually,Allah is just the Arabic cognate of the original name for god,El.Notice how similar they are?
>>
>>743386875
stop with the zeit geist bullshit
>>
File: scarletmacaw1.jpg (207KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
scarletmacaw1.jpg
207KB, 1600x1000px
>>743420760
>it makes no sense for a newborn to be called "sinful" since it has not voluntarily rebelled against God.

Err but you seem to miss the Wars of the Lord.

The reason mankind exists. Our souls existed long before we were born we are born oblivious not innocent. Lucifer fooled a third of Heaven in to following him. That revolt is the origin of sin and not some lie about apples in the Garden. Another third could not decide who to follow. The remaining third while loyal to God? Demanded that the others be put to death and continued to make war. So God made us all agree to be made flesh to be born live and to die. That we might learn mercy and humility. He even agreed to do so himself. Until this perspective is taken we mistakenly think that sin and obedience or failure to obey are some how limited to flesh men. When it is so obvious that Lucifer and his Ilk too were not in compliance and really none of us ever are or were.
>>
>>743421176
>payment/ransom soteriology
This can be clearly seen in the O.T. Think, for example, of the kinsman redeemer.

Let's assume, though, that it is all Hellenization. This does not falsify anything.
>>
A bunch of yahweyists never heard of Ma kali.
>>
>>743421325
Zeitgeist is totally unsupported shit. These are opinions supported by scholarship and evidence. We can talk about specific gods or godesses if you have questions.
>>
>>743387254
Are there any other pictures of that girl you have
>>
>>743421081
you are proving my point. These are Pauline, Hellenistic concepts, not Jewish ones. You think sin has to do with one's spiritual constitution, that it is inheritable, that it is something like a stain on the soul.

None of these concepts exist in the Hebrew Bible or in Judaism. These are TYPICAL of the Hellenistic, neo-Platonic world.

In Judaism, sin is acting in willful disobedience. It is corrected when one returns to obedience.

This simple idea cannot be tolerated by Christianity, for it one accepts it, then there's no point to Jesus or his crucifixion. Jesus is a false cure to a phony disease.
>>
File: Image00016.jpg (180KB, 960x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Image00016.jpg
180KB, 960x1200px
>>743421578
No, she's a butterface so that's the only one I saved. Try a reverse image search.
>>
>>743421588
this nigga gets it
>>
File: OhYes.gif (490KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
OhYes.gif
490KB, 320x240px
>>743421260
>The synagogue of satan
My man
>>
File: IMG_2592.jpg (68KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2592.jpg
68KB, 440x660px
The original image of god(since god was originally the canaanite el)
>>
>>743421588
If we did not inherit any effect of Adam and Eve's sin, we'd be in the Garden of Eden and they wouldn't.
>>
>>743421799
Well, partly true. El was the original god of the IsraELites since they originally practiced Canaanite polytheism (evidence is their tribe originated in Canaan rather than migrated to the area). But Yahweh entered the scene (Maybe from Midian) and subsumed the role/name/attributes of El (as well as his son, the storm god Baal-Hadad, including his wife Asherah, whose worship was later forbidden as described in the violence of Chronicles/Kings).
>>
>>743421389
nice paganisms. None of it is found in Judaism except by eisegetical acrobatics.
>>
>>743421406
a hypothesis need not be falsified to be rejected. the evidence is overwhelming that Christianity is a paganization of Judaism.

But, hey, if you want to worship a counterfeit god, be my guest.
>>
>>743421588
I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. Exodus 20:5 , Deuteronomy 5:9

Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children unto the third and to the fourth generation. Exodus 34:7

Visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. Numbers 14:18

Wherefore hath the LORD pronounced all this great evil against us? or what is our iniquity? or what is our sin that we have committed against the LORD our God? Then shalt thou say unto them, Because your fathers have forsaken me, saith the LORD, and have walked after other gods, and have served them, and have worshipped them, and have forsaken me, and have not kept my law. Jeremiah 16:10-11
Thread posts: 274
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.