[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck gives Walmart the right to check my bags as

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 270
Thread images: 21

File: James.jpg (291KB, 948x532px) Image search: [Google]
James.jpg
291KB, 948x532px
What the fuck gives Walmart the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?
>>
>>742610588
they are a corporation im sure they will be probing peoples butts soon too
>>
All the possible niggas trying to steal from the store.
>>
You are on private property until you leave the doors. With the merchandise they legally own until you leave the store as well.
>>
>>742610588
You can thank niggers for that
>>
>>742610588
I've never been checked and I used to shoplift like a mother fucker when I was a kid.

Maybe you should try being less black.
>>
>>742610726
Nah you own the property as soon as you give them the cash.
>>
>>742610588
>what is private property
>>
>>742610588
Call the cops when they try. No probable cause, no fuckin search.
>>
>>742610860
This, you can just walk past them and if they try to approach you or ask you to stop, just keep walking and ignore them.
>>
>>742610588
just walk right by them and say fuck off faggot!

they have no right to touch you or try to detain you in any way whatsoever. simple as that.
>>
>>742610588
you are.
just don't fucking stop for them.
they aren't the police. they have no authority.
they can try to stop you, but if they use any force they open themselves up to lawsuits.
corporate would rather lose a little money than be sued for millions.
>>
>>742611042
ive seen security get all man hands on customers so I wouldnt reccomend this route
>>
>>742610588
You can shop elsewhere. That's what I do. Nazimart doesn't need my money.
>>
Having worked in security for a long time they aren't allowed to actually physically touch you. It's in their handbooks but people have the need to be police. So you can always sue the security company
>>
>>742611143
That's when you defend yourself.
>>
>>742611143
just pretend you're deaf and blind for 5 seconds
>>
>>742611106
if they make physical contact with you, you can just ham it up and get a multi-million dollar settlement from walmart.
if they just stand in your way you just need to say that they cannot stop you unless they plan to press charges. it becomes a gamble for them because if you didnt steal anything then you can sue them for that.
>>
Nah, its really much more business basic than that in Retail business...

They do random checks just so that people see that the business is doing random checks.

That's part of the psychology to help guard against theft. If people notice that they are being checked, they behave accordingly.

So its not just the thief using a foil lined anti tag theft blocker liner in a shopping bag, now they have to worry about some random asshole doing random checks. If you own a big retail business, it is recommended you do the same.

Funny thing, so much of theft (shrinkage) is internal. employees and insiders, as much as it is random shoplifters
>>
>>742610588
they don't have the right to check your bags. you can tell them to fuck off. i do it all the time. they just kinda stand there with a deer in the headlights look on their face
>>
>>742611143
>security

nigga were talking about actual retarded people that walmart hires to stand at the door just to look all retarded and shit.
>>
>>742611143
Security isn't allowed to do that shit. I worked loss prevention at a few retail shops at a mall for a few summers. It was made very clear to me that the most I could do was tell someone to stop and that I was never, ever to put my hands on them no matter the circumstances unless they were assaulting me or another customer, observe and report only.

If security ever touches you, make a big fuss, demand to see the manager, in all likelihood, you'll get free shit and probably get that dude fired.
>>
>>742610726
>they legally own until you leave the store as well

you own what you've purchased the moment after you give payment
>>
>>742611143
was this at walmart? i would think that the loss prevention employees there would be better trained than that.
they are basically only there to deter thieves. if someone tries to steal and it is obvious they can try to stop them, but otherwise they usually just assist law enforcement to apprehend the perpetrators with useful information.
>>
A lot of black people shop there so it makes sense that they would want to be extra careful.
>>
>>742611424
yeah, that is all true, but the point is more about what lets them actually do it.
there isnt a sign out front saying that people on the premises are subject to random searches.
if they just ask, what gives them the "right" to not take no for an answer?
>>
>>742611143
yes, the 90 year old greeter/"security" will bitch slap your faggot ass
>>
>>742611603
>if someone tries to steal and it is obvious they can try to stop them

about all they can do is yell at them. any physical altercation will likely end up in a lawsuit
>>
>>742611830
Loss prevention can absolutely put their hands on somebody. You faggots have obviously never worked it before.
>>
>>742610739
Not the niggers. The capitalists.
>>
File: 1478478365.jpg (36KB, 345x469px) Image search: [Google]
1478478365.jpg
36KB, 345x469px
Its like walmart trolls you when you leave
>>
>>742610821
>when I was a kid.
That was then. This is now. Get used to it or else buy locally.
>>
>>742611830
what i mean is that security can try to actively intervene if someone is trying to run out of the store with a tv or something.
>>
>>742612019
If you EVER ask for my receipt I'm gonna whoop your faggot ass
>>
>>742611914
this is wrong.
you can put your hands on whoever the fuck you want, doesn't mean its legal
>>
Go to bed LaQuan
>>
>>742610986
You might try that, but stores in the US have legal authority to detain you while on their premises in order to ascertain whether or not you have paid for your goods. MAGA!
>>
File: was it worth minimum wage.jpg (277KB, 1230x843px) Image search: [Google]
was it worth minimum wage.jpg
277KB, 1230x843px
Police say Kenneth Wisham, 64, tried to steal nearly $400 worth of DVDs from the Lakeland store in February when store workers confronted him, according to WFLA.

Wisham ran but had trouble keeping his pants up, eventually causing him to trip and fall to the ground, police said. The Walmart employees held him down until police could arrive, but Wisham stopped breathing.

http://ktla.com/2016/07/30/3-walmart-workers-face-manslaughter-charge-in-death-of-shoplifting-suspect/
>>
>>742610896
Probable cause only applies to the government. Walmart isn't (technically) the government, it is a private company.
>>
>>742612019
they have to be absolutely sure before trying anything, a false apprehension is game over for LPOs
>>
>>742611914
Except I did and was specifically told that I could not.
>>
>>742612195
Yeah I don't think loss prevention is allowed to murder customers.
>>
>>742610726
That's not how it works. Private property doesn't protect invasion of privacy or unsolicited confiscation of property. You can't rob people at your house. It's still illegal.
>>
>>742612275
Liberal cucks like you think theft is fine lmao
>>
>>742610588
Wut? they don't, just ignore them.
>>
the constitution
>>
File: hm.gif (679KB, 446x349px)
hm.gif
679KB, 446x349px
>>742612280
i'm gonna look into that one to see if this statement is correct.
>>
>>742611914
nope, dope. try again.
>>
>>742610739
Truth
>>
>>742612345
Funny thing about the United Snakes – corporations have rights, people don't. One of the most evil countries in history, equal to Israel.
>>
File: macgruber-o.gif (780KB, 320x134px) Image search: [Google]
macgruber-o.gif
780KB, 320x134px
>>742610588
Tell them to fuck off and walk by.
>>
>>742612563
And both countries are mainly Jewish. Hmm.
>>
Just don't shoplift from CVS. Those niggers will follow you home and shoot you dead.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with America?
>>
>>742612689
a lot
>>
>>742612173
No, they don't. That's several different crimes depending on just how stupid they get in trying to keep you there. The best they can do is ban you from coming back, at which point you'd be trespassing, but if they try to detain you for any time for any reason and you don't want to stay there, it's a party in civil court for you.
>>
>>742612645
NOW IM GOING TO HAVE TO TRY TO SEE IF THIS IS TRUE
>>
File: trump EO9000.jpg (142KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
trump EO9000.jpg
142KB, 1000x750px
>>742612689
(He had to ask!)
>>
>>742610588
Loss prevention has funny ways of doing things
Just don't steal shit and you'll be
>>
>>742610860
They're making sure it IS the property you gave them cash for.
>>
>>742612734
Just Google CVS Shoplifter Killed.
>>
>the amount of aggro keyboard warriors
Jesus Fucking Christ do you feel hardcore af for yelling at the old lady?

I have nothing to hide so I just flash the receipt and let them peek the cart.

Takes LITERALLY two seconds.

AND I'M NOT EVEN WHITE.
>>
>>742612827
NO
>>
>>742612727
When I read for the law, back in the 1980s, stores had the legal right to detain anyone inside from leaving until they were satisfied nothing was being stolen. I am certain the law has not become any more liberal since then. Private property has a lot of privileges when you're rich.
>>
>>742612828
It's an invasion of privacy. You're a faggot if you let them check your reciept
>>
implying only walmart does this.
any store with electronics does this
>>
The simple solution is to not go to Wal-Mart, you fucking trash. When you go dumpster diving, you become garbage yourself.
>>
>>742612357
How the fuck am I a liberal cuck because my fucking boss told me not to put my hands on people or I'd be fired? Are you retarded? Maybe think before you just start spewing buzzwords.
>>
File: 1502853031979.jpg (21KB, 394x296px) Image search: [Google]
1502853031979.jpg
21KB, 394x296px
>>742612689
>>
>>742612995
this is probably the dumbest thing said in the whole thread so far
>>
>>742610986
keep walking and ignore them,
what happens when they tackle you down because they think your escaping with stolen merchandise.
>>
>>742612950
You have to expectation of privacy inside someone else's private property. If anything, being secretive inside the store is an invasion of THEIR privacy.
>>
>>742613140
>what happens when they tackle you down because they think your escaping with stolen merchandise.

you win the fucken lotto
>>
The greeters will sometimes stop you on the way out to check your receipt if you have something that isn't bagged. Politely decline and keep walking, or just be a dick and say no. Either way, what are they going to do, stop you?
>>
>>742613169
i don't even know where to begin here.
>>
>>742613140
Former retail worker.

P sure its the same as anything else.

They can't stop you.

All they can do is stall you until security shows up.
>>
>>742613311
why would you even acknowledge the greeters? their all retarded
>>
>>742610869
>>what is private property

People don't seem to understand the concept of private property. If you don't like how Walmart does things, then go somewhere else. You aren't entitled to anything. Same with airports. Butthurt over the extra security and lines? Tough shit, you aren't entitled to fly either. Take a fucking bus.
>>
As long as you no how to hide the shit you steal its no problem you just stop and show them your bag and receipt because you're white then they always apologize and let you go with like 90$ worth of free sd cards and whatnot
>>
>>742613439
>their all retarded

Irony.
>>
>>742610588
Walmart AP here, yes we can and will detain you.
We work closely with local police to pursue, detain, and charge thieves to the greatest extent of the law.
The door people are AP but they are not trained for that sort of thing. There are other, plain clothes, AP personnel that monitor the store in various ways.
Give you a fun story
>middle aged white couple come into electronics and pick up a few dozen dvds, cds, et
>obvious degenerates so I immediately get on the floor and began following them
>they walk into apparel
>guy covers girl as she stuffs the goods into her purse
>oh here we go
>follow them for another 10 minutes while I radio the AP office to get the police officer
>they head towards garden center exit
>the walk out so I run after them
>scream out to them and they start yelling at me
>told them to come with me to the office
>they refuse and start walking walking away
>grab the girl since she was closest to me
>she starts flipping shit and screaming and pulls away
>by this time the cop was about 30 feet away
>grab her again and she reaches out to strike me
>toss the bitch to the pavement and tell her she is going to jail
>guy starts to charge me but is met by the cop
>guy tries to charge through the cop and gets tazed
>the cop and I drag both of them in cuffs into the AP office
>they both go to jail
>they are later charged for the crime
>guy goes to jail for three years because he had priors
Pretty much a daily thing here honestly
>>
>>742613276
>>742613403
i should have rephrased my sentence the person tackling you would be the security.
>>
The autism levels in this thread are hazardous to my health. I'm reporting you faggots to OSHA.
You people literally can't go to white trash/nigger Mecca without making an embarrassing spectacle of yourselves.
>>
>>742613359
I don't know what's so hard to fucking understand here.

Imagine you own a small store.
People shop there.
You've unfortuneately had shoplifters jacking shit.
So now you want to make sure that no one's sneaking shit out and losing YOU money.

Bet you're not offended with your tipped fedora now are you?
>>
>>742611106
normal employees are not allowed to do anything to stop you, only managers

even that the only other thing is security guards, but they most likely could id you from cameras if you used cash, can find your license plate, ect.
>>
>>742610588
COSTCO checks everybody that leaves the store. They ask you for your receipt and the check each item. It is legal to inspect bags before you leave a store.
>>
>>742610588
Hey Megan Fox
>>
Liberals are fucking pussies and the fact they let wal mart invade their privacy proves they can't run a country

go suck hillarys dick
>>
File: 85.gif (992KB, 389x259px) Image search: [Google]
85.gif
992KB, 389x259px
>>742613521
>yes we can and will detain you
>>
>>742613544
B-but Wal-Mart has like bazillion dollars! It's only fair for me (and everyone else) to steal from them!
>>
>>742613471
it is still a generally public place though. they cannot deny your civil rights or act like access to the place is restricted.
the owner, or whatever, of walmart cannot just take a shit in the middle of the store because that is public indecency. he also cannot shoot you because you are on his property.
>>
>>742613521
Ooh, what's AP?

I used to be lifter, but in my defense I was 15 and admittedly a faggot mall goth.

>go to Kmart
>grab a PS2 controller
>take it to bathroom
>break it open and stuff it in sock
>was wearing boots and hot topic pants
>nice and loose so nothing visible
>go to wait for cousin to leave
>guy comes out of nowhere
>holding a radio
>puts PS2 trash on counter in front of me
>looks at me smugly
>poker face him
>goes to say something in radio
>suddenly alarm goes off
>he turns around
>i run
>meet up with my cousins at car
>speed off

Turns out he saw the guy following me so he grabbed some CD's and dropped them in a ladies cart was she was leaving the store, setting off the alarm.
>>
>>742610588
you can refuse, they arent allowed to touch you, but if they do DONT steal anything
>>
>>742610588
What the fuck gives airports the right to check my bags as I'm entering?
>>
>>742612173
If you make it past the red line outside then nobody can follow you. Not even asset protection. The asset protection manager at my store did that and got fired
>>
>>742613471
>hurrdurr private
People don't seem to understand the concept of rule of law. If you don't like how the law rules supreme, then go somewhere else. You are entitled to lawful treatment in Walmart and airports. kys
>>
>>742613521
sounds awful, some piece of shit can stab or shoot you
>>
>>742613945
Not at all true
>>
>>742613544
you've proven yourself to be beyond stupid twice now, please make it a third i honestly don't have anything else to do tonight and haven't laughed this hard in a long time.
>>
>>742610588
>What the fuck gives Walmart the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?

Because you're probably some sketchy nigger and you deserve suspicion. Niggers smell bad and they steal.
>>
>>742613874
They can restrict access. Sam's Club/Costco don't even let you in the store without a membership.
>>
>>742614032
Yeah that's what I thought, you legit don't have a rebuttal.
>>
>>742612007
Get used to what? I still go to Walmart as an adult and don't get checked or some stupid shit.

Again if you were white this wouldn't happen to you
>>
>>742614064
>Sam's Club/Costco don't even let you in the store without a membership.

this is wrong.
>>
>>742613548
well that first part is just store policy of course.
and yeah, they can ID you from cameras and stuff. im not sure why you are even bringing that up. if they know that you stole something and you get out of the store they will just call the police.
this thread is about stopping you from leaving the store really.
>>
>>742610588
They don't. just keep walking, they won't stop you
>>
>>742610588
Nothing they can't search you if you don't let them.
>>
>>742613970
guarantee this never happened. he carries a walkie talkie to ask someone to call the police. that is all
>>
I like to carry my purchase out without a bag and then complain that the greeter didn't offer to quality check my purchase.
>>
I worked security at a major hotel chain.

No training. No backup. No weapons. $12.50 an hour overnight.

There were parties on weekends with into the hundreds of people.

Just fucking terrible.
>>
>>742613799
I detain multiple people every day
My store has a high external shirk (shop lifters) due to being in Baltimore.
If you do not cooperate I will get physical, if you get physical than I will have the cop arrest you.
There is none of this 'just walk away and if you touch me I will sue!!' bullshit.
I have grabbed, blocked, pulled, and slammed dozens of people and not once have we been 'sued' for it.
>>
>>742614216
I've literally been denied entrance to Costco.
>>
>>742610588
>What the fuck gives Walmart the right to check my bags as I'm leaving?

Same right you have to check the bags of any guests (if that's possible) you might have over your house. Walmart is a private business and can conduct that business however it sees fit, even if it pisses you off.

I had the same problem with Fry's (a box electronics/computers/geek crap store big in California) who do the same thing, until I asked a lawyer friend about it. They have as much right to search people leaving as you have to search people leaving your house. Every right in the world.
>>
>>742614135
if you want to call that a victory i won't stand in your way, or try to stop you to check and make sure it is indeed a victory.
>>
>>742614403
You're an absolute retard and the shit you've been posting just keeps proving it.
>>
>>742614492
You know what buddy?
9/10

I legit lol'd at that.
>>
The fun thing with shoplifting is that as long as you are under a certain amount it is not considered stealing. Theft and shoplifting are two different things.

Attempted theft is a crime and civilians are allowed to intervene.

Attempted shoplifting doesn't exist, so until you exit the store you are allowed to stick shit in your pockets or bags and they aren't allowed to do shit.
>>
>>742614458
i've never been to costco, i go to sams quite a bit and membership is not mandatory.
>>
>>742614459
maybe in your state fucko
>>
>>742614064
well you can get in the doors.
i dont know what they would do if you were insistent on actually going deeper into the store though. you cant buy stuff without a membership and a radical like that would cause a ruckus and the sample vendors would likely be on guard.
besides that, it is common practice (i know you are too poor to afford a membership to know this) to stop you at the door and compare your receipt to your cart. they already do almost the exact thing that this thread is about.
still, a Sams/Costco/Bjs is not a private place.
someone with impunity toward store policy would still get in legal trouble if they, for example, took their dick out and ran through the aisles singing christmas songs.
>>
>>742614602
>I detain multiple people every day
>My store has a high external shirk (shop lifters) due to being in Baltimore.
>If you do not cooperate I will get physical, if you get physical than I will have the cop arrest you.
>There is none of this 'just walk away and if you touch me I will sue!!' bullshit.
>I have grabbed, blocked, pulled, and slammed dozens of people and not once have we been 'sued' for it.
>>>742614510 #
>>
>>742614510
That's nice sweetie, got anything constructive to say aside from...whatever the hell it is you are trying to say. You have obviously never worked at Walmart others you would know right away that our AP don't fuck around. Walmart would rather take the risk of a lawsuit (which never happens) than have the shrink
>>
File: privilege.png (260KB, 699x555px) Image search: [Google]
privilege.png
260KB, 699x555px
>>742614167
>>
>>742614745
That's because people that steal are uneducated scum, not because you are right.
>>
>>742614611
I've been in Costco you can enter without a membership at the ones I've been to. I have a BJs membership, but you can go in there without one too. BJs makes you have your receipt checked when you leave, or at least I've never seen anyone bypass the person checking.
>>
File: 1380678726176.gif (319KB, 314x314px)
1380678726176.gif
319KB, 314x314px
>>742614748
>You have obviously never worked at Walmart

like it's a badge of fucking honor to have a low level entry position at walmart.
>>
>>742610680
Promise?
>>
>Work for walmart as shitty cashier
>Always put at fast lanes 10 items or less right next to pharmacy doors
>Slowish night
>See AP team member i knew bolt towards electronics
>See front end manager bolt aswell
>Still helping customers constantly looking for anything but i can't see electronics from my isle.
>Finish helping a customer when teenager appears bolting towards the exit with AP on his tail
>Manager walks up to me and ask me to go help but just be a witness don't touch the kid
>Rush towards doors cause the kid made it outside
>Manage to reach doors as AP grabs the kids hoodie and starts dragging him back
>Whole time he is being dragged back he is dropping dvd's and random computer shit
>Pick up dvds, a mouse, a couple sd cards, and a LAN cable
>Watch him dragged into AP office and i follow them inside
>They give him the explain about calling parents and police
>10 minutes and dad shows up before police
>Dad enters and slaps the kid on the back of the head hard enough to throw him on the floor
>Manager tells me i can leave but to leave the stuff outside the AP office
>Steal the mouse the kid tries stealing and put everything up at guest services counter

I don't know if he was allowed to drag him back in or not but i know he still works there as AP and i wasn't caught for stealing that mouse
>>
>>742615006
Hahahaha what a faggot
>>
>>742614602
Theft is theft. The difference you're struggling with is between misdemeanor and felony.
>>
>>742614459
except that if you asked someone who came to your house if you could search their bag they could just leave.
in this situation they are being "arrested" by someone with no legal authority.
do they expect me to just drop my bag and leave if i reject? that is extortion.
your lawyer friend should be disbarred for being such a corporate fuck-slut
>>
>>742613541
Walmart security can not legally detain you in any way. If they tackle you they will get fired and Walmart will buy you off to keep you from suing them.
>>
>>742614988
why would you go there without a card when you have to scan your card to checkout
>>
>>742610588
Nothing. I say no thanks and keep walking.
>>
>>742615250
wrong
>>
>>742610588
nothing. you stopping and letting them gives them permission. if you dont stop they cant force you to
>>
>>742614953
>people unironically have this mary sue fantasy of 'I will sue your pants off if you even breath on me walmart guy!'
Protip: it doesn't fucking happen, not once has a store in my region been sued for something AP has done. No judge would even give a fuck about a thief's woes and plights of being handled by his victims.
>>742615006
>I have no experience to which I claim to have knowledge of, so instead of deffering and admitting I am ignorant I will attempt to mock
Like P O T T E R Y
>>
>>742614988
yeah i think i recall not being checked at costco, definitly not at bjs. sams will always have someone there. I think it is because they are looser with samples and they dont want dumb suburbanites to flock like a sheep to a sams and not realize they need a membership when they are checking out.
>>
>>742615262
I'm just talking about the 1st time you go in there to see if you want to sign up. I've done it a couple times when I've moved.
>>
>>742610588
Because me apparently stealing a payday will cause a bankruptcy
>>
>>742615262
>scan your card to checkout
look, they might have different rules where you live but here in ma sams does not require you to be a member to shop, i think being a member gets you perks like sales not available to everyone.
>>
>>742615495
oh ok, then i confirm your information is correct. you can go in without a card to sign up for membership since most people are born with a membership card
>>
Thieves should have their hands cut off
>>
>>742614694
Nope, That's the Constitution, dick.
>>
>>742613874

It's not generally a public place at all, it's 100% private property, and they can kick you out of their store for whatever reason they want.
>>
nothing, you can just leave

also
>2017
>shopping at kikemart
>>
>>742615610
makes sense. they're making money off you whether youre a member or not
>>
>>742615413
yeah but if you are not a theif and the guy uses any amount of force you can ham it up.
lets just say he puts his hand on your shoulder. you can collapse forward and act like your leg or something is hurt.
they will watch the tapes and they will see a him grab you and you fall awkwardly like you were pushed.
if you are actually innocent of any crime then he did it for no reason and you can sue.
>>
>>742613960

Lawful treatment, sure, but that doesn't mean you are entitled to even step foot inside of the place any more than you are entitled to step foot on my property.
>>
File: 4.jpg (50KB, 729x654px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
50KB, 729x654px
>son has a friend come over
>you think hes stolen something
>check his shit
>WOAH NOW WHY DOES WAAAAALLLMART HAVE THE SAME POLICY
>>
>>742615413
>woes and plights of being handled by his victims.
the guy standing at the door of walmart is the victim?
>I have no experience to which I claim to have knowledge of
boy ya got me there dead to rights, i have never worked at walmart.
>>
>>742613874
it's not a public place though. if you are asked to leave and don't you are trespassing
>>
>>742615665
I haven't seen all the national treasures, but I don't think they go looking through everyones bags for the constitution
>>
File: 1336738562732.jpg (788KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1336738562732.jpg
788KB, 1920x1200px
>>742613521
Bull
>fucking
Shit
>>
>>742615733
That is fantasy. People who would 'ham it up' get laughed at then escorted off the property. Take that shit to kmart
>>
>>742615215
>>except that if you asked someone who came to your house if you could search their bag they could just leave.
No except. You can do exactly the same thing. The only thing that stops you from leaving a walmart is they have the "color" of authority, and knight sticks, tasers, and even guns. There's is NO difference in the laws concerning right to privacy and how a business conducts its "business" and how you conduct yourself at your house.

For example: if you stay at my house and I detain you you could sue me. Or you could hit me. You can do exactly the same at Walmart. You can hit the security guard and try to get away, or you can sue them, after the fact.

I did talk to a lawyer about this stuff. Are any of you assholes lawyers?
>>
>>742615979
laughed at, escorted off, and then you call the police and press charges
>>
Try working security at a hotel. Telling drunk people they have to be quiet/can't smoke/can't be in an area. Can't have anything to defend yourself. Anyone could easily have a weapon. It was $4.00/hour more than the cook position but it wasn't worth it. You had to keep doing electronic checkpoints so there was no down time.
>>
>>742612950
Not a faggot, he said he was a nignog or some other less-than-white subhuman. Possibly mongoloid.
>>
>>742616027
What I'm talking about here is the law, not any practical consideration, btw.
>>
>>742615811
>put your hands on another mans child

>think you have the right to do so because he may or may not have stolen a trinket from your house.

jesus fuck you idiots keep getting more and more retarded, and don't try turning your argument into a fucking home invasion situation. you can't move the goal posts now.
>>
>>742616076
Then the police laugh at your poor ass, followed by a judge which throws your case out the door
>>
File: happening-bunker.gif (188KB, 670x473px) Image search: [Google]
happening-bunker.gif
188KB, 670x473px
>>>/sp/77692055
>>
>>742615758
>not entitled to enter a store during opening hours
>by law

Yeah, no retard.
>>
>>742616027
some people have no common sense and will believe anything someone says to them
>>
>>742615693
they cannot claim that it is 100% private property when they dont know the people entering the location. of course you could counter that by saying that strangers walk into my house when my doors are unlocked and by my logic make my house public. the difference is that they are illegally entering and it is clearly trespassing.
they don't control the general rabble and therefore it cannot be legally considered private where civil liberties are involved.
>>
>>742616290
hes right though.
a store is private property.
if they dont allow you there, you cant be there
>>
>>742616363
Reminds me of that case where a young kid broke/went into a neighbors house and shot himself to death with a gun and the neighbor went to prison lol (not the one you've been responding to)
>>
>>742610726
> guessing at law
lel
>>
>>742612173

Stores can ban you from entering but they cannot prevent you from exiting.
>>
File: child-question.jpg (141KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
child-question.jpg
141KB, 1000x667px
Why don'y you turds just stop looking so skeezy and you wont get questioned. Be a proper American like me. Wash your clothes and take a bath before you go shopping. Stop reeking of weed and buttsex. I do it right when Im in public and I walk right out the door unbothered. Turds.
>>
>>742616600
>not pissing and shitting all over every public restroom you enter
>>
>>742616406
why are people even arguing this? any business/restaurant/whore has the right to deny service
>>
>>742614028
speaking as a former employee.
entirely true.
>>
>>742616076
Then why haven't they yet?
I have been AP for seven god damn years in the most ghetto baltimore suburb and I have not had even so much as a summons. It is 100% fantasy made out by those 'independent citizen' types.
You know how much a fucking attorney costs, anon? And that is civil court, good luck finding an attorney to even TAKE that case lmao
>so let me get this straight, you may or may not have been trying to steal from walmart so you could get some meth
>the big scary walmart guy made you leave
>YEAH I can see it now, millions of dollars in a lawsuit, I will take the case
haha get the fuck out of here
>>
>>742610588
They probably think you're stealing. I'm 100% sure it's their polity to check your reciept/bags when you leave.

Just don't be a dick and show them your receipt. The only thing that happens when you say no and refuse is that the employee is probably gonna make fun of you behind your back for it, and you'll look like a massive jackass.

Also, they can manhandle, and detain you.
>>
>>742616668
everyone in this country is an entitled little shit.
>>
>>742616297
But what other people do is their problem not what I'm addressing here. I'm simply saying that thinking they don't have the right to search you or your bags is incorrect. They do it becuase they can. If they couldn't they would have been sued to hell by now.
>>
>>742616740
just because they choose not to, doesnt mean they cant.
they choose not to because they probably were stealing and dont want the police involved.
my situation is about people who werent stealing and were accosted anyway
>>
>>742616668
>denying service is the same as preventing someone from leaving

fucking dunce.
>>
>>742616785
>be me
>teenager at the time
>with 2 other kids
>they want to steal from walmart
>i tell them i'll wait outside and watch their bikes
>they get arrested
>one of the kids tried to argue that the security guard was inappropriate because he was playing with a pocket knife and swearing as the cops were coming

you just reminded me off him he's still a fucking cunt to this day
>>
>>742616363
>they cannot claim that it is 100% private property when they dont know the people entering the location.

They can't claim its private when they don't know the customers in it... huh???
>>
>>742610588
because you're a thieving nigger.
>>
>>742615250
security can stop you and keep you inside the store until police arrive.
>>
>>742616462
Is this another one of those hot coffee things where everyone is misled into thinking that the case was bullshit because of oversimplification by morons?
>>
File: 1453438542422.jpg (8KB, 227x220px) Image search: [Google]
1453438542422.jpg
8KB, 227x220px
>>742613521
imagine being this retarded
>>
>>742617087
Probably I'm going on only about 5% of the information.
>>
>>742616928
fuck you for even trying to make that a different meaning. you cant that stupid "fucking dunce"
>>
>>742616928
read the chain, thats not what hes talking about.
>>
>>742616893
cops have a right to search you with suspicious activity, if you deny a warrant will be obtained.
you can deny an autistic door greeter
>>
I live in Iowa. Nobody at my Walmart bothers with anybody. No undesirables here.
>>
>>742616920
No one gives a shit about them anon, I know I toss at least a dozen of people a day out of the store. Most are not physical but there is at least one physical a day. People just do not take action and if they did...their mickey mouse lawyer would be crushed by walmart, get real man
>>
>>742610588

>What the fuck gives Walmart the right to check my bags as I'm leaving

you gave them that right when you set foot in their store and put your hands on their merchandise you dumb ass, they have a right to check the bags you're carrying to make sure you're not stealing, they have a right to prevent losses
>>
>>742617118
>trying to make that a different meaning

is denying service and preventing someone from leaving the store the same thing to you?
>>
>>742616893
they can because you let them.
if they ask to check and you stop, you consent.
if you dont stop, they cant force you
>>
>>742615861
im not saying exactly that. im saying that people who are there still have rights. if i was naked in my house then people in my house couldnt really do anything about it. if i was naked in my store then they could call the police.
>>742615979
they wont be laughing when i get lawyers to draft charges. if i do it quick enough they will still have the video of it and it will definitely appear real, especially if i walk with a limp or something. if they destroy the tape we could just claim obstruction of justice.
>>742616027
what are you even trying to rebuke? you quote me and start to describe something else entirely. if you were the guy that my post referenced then you are also completely flipping what you said. maybe you could help me understand what point you are even trying to make.
>>742616462
i heard about a case where a thief slipped on a bar of soap and sued the home owners.
>>742617018
you are literally saying that if the greeter asks you for a blowjob and tells you to leave when you say no it is absolutely fine from a legal standpoint.
>>
File: 1453677006216.jpg (49KB, 453x722px)
1453677006216.jpg
49KB, 453x722px
>>742612173
What's the big fuckin deal? I hold my receipt in my hand until I get to the car. Why create drama? I just want to get the fuck out. I went to one today around 6pm US eastern time and I've never seen so many niggers at a store at one time in my life.
>>
>>742617307
man i wouldn't want to do that unless i was a cop
>>
>>742616740
I don't have proof but this is probably coming from people who don't live in Baltimore they probably live in some place litigious like CA or NY and can't understand why you wouldn't sue someone just because you can. Or they only know about the law from news reports and forum posts.
>>
>>742610588
Only guilty people have something to hide.
>>
>>742617307
oh i know they would never win.
im just saying they could press charges
>>
>>742617358
no one is saying that.
the conversation you are replying to is about stores being allowed to deny you entrance
>>
>>742615250
thats not true at all, they can stop anyone they want you ignorant slut
>>
>>742617425
you can almost see her nipples.
>>
>>742617424
it's a public place on private property.
there a different laws with each, and they are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>742617593
you idiots are just spewing bullshit just to troll just for the sake of arguing roflcopter lulllllz so whacky
>>
>>742617593
as a former employee, hes right
>>
>>742617424
>>you are literally saying that if the greeter asks you for a blowjob and tells you to leave when you say no it is absolutely fine from a legal standpoint.

Yes. Except in that case the greeter might be subject to local decency laws. I'm not saying the store can trump local statutes. The law works the same inside the store as well as out side.

So the store can require you to wear a Wisconsin cheese head hat before you enter yes.
>>
>>742617456

would you be surprised if your mother or father caught stealing?

just like speeding and rolling through stop signs, everyone steals - everyone, everyone is guilty so when you get busted be sure to act with extra indignation
>>
>>742610588
Plebs shop at walmart.
>>
>>742617726
ya youre totally not same faggotting yourself. GG
>>
>>742615955
I work offsite loss prevention and watch our field LPs do this all the time. The store has just as much right to protect their property as anyone else. It's not great PR but merchandise is merchandise
>>
>>742610588
It's annoying. I literally just ignore them and keep walking, even if they try to get my attention. They don't do shit. I'm a 45 yo white male
>>
>>742617431
We have a cop stationed there during peak hours in case shit gets out if hand.
>>742617463
I mean sure they could, just like I can try to press charges against them but it just isn't a thing that happens.
Even if the worst came to worst and they sued walmart and pursued a case; walmart would force them to settle and the amount probably would not even cover the legal fees
>>
you can keep walking out the door if they try to stop you, they aren't allowed to physically stop you from leaving by company policy
>>
>>742617424
>if i was naked in my house then people in my house couldnt really do anything about it. if i was naked in my store then they could call the police.
Except that you are totally wrong in this case. Being nude at home is fine as long as nobody complains then it is just the same as being nude at work. Just like being nude is fine at work if that work is a strip club.
>>
>>742617809
for certain items it's the best option for prices, for other items there are better options for prices, but let me guess, you are the one dude posting n fuocking 4chan that is so financially secure you don't even look at prices when buying your new yacht?

fuck off idiot.
>>
>>742618014
its all fine and dandy at a strip club until i pull my dick out, then everyone has a problem for some reason
>>
>>742618187
Because YOU DON'T WORK THERE.
>>
>>742618133
Everyone on 4chan is an idiot except me
>>
>>742618187

it's because you don't work there
>>
>>742618240
work where
>>
>>742617424
I'm saying that people who are there still have rights. if i was naked in my house then people in my house couldnt really do anything about it.
Yes they can, it's still indecent exposure. Bring a 12 year old girl over to your house and strip naked in front of her, then time how long it takes for the cops to show up and arrest you. Just because it's your property doesn't suddenly mean you can do whatever you want to other people whom you bring onto the property. They still have rights too, although admittedly less when it's not their property.
>>
>>742617694
>>742617593
>>742615250
>>742613541
>>742613403
>>742613140
>>742610986
>>742610860
how about all you retards stfu and post some kind of proof
>>
>>742617887
Went to a supermarket and got a deal on these packs of shrimp, checker told me they were having a two for one on a particular brand and I should grab another pack before I left.

Go grab another pack, throw it in my bag, and sashay out the door.

Got stopped by a chick rent-a-cop.

I get pissed, throw may tote (some bag I bought, not a paper sack) down on the ground in front of her and demand she show what's wrong with that "cart", not having a better name for a bag of groceries post-check out at the time.

"That's a cart?" she emptily asks?

"Did you serious stop me and take up valuable time to argue with me about what to call a bunch of groceries??" and left mumbling to myself.

I'm 54 myself. Oh, and get the hell off of my lawn too.
>>
The law grants reasonable measures to prevent theft
>>
>>742618240
>>Because YOU DON'T WORK THERE.

Yeah. That was the problem with that scenario.
>>
>>742618511
personal experience. i walk past them all the time.
just dont be socially awkward bitch
>>
>>742618511
when you get out of high school and get a job, you may learn basic industry regulations
>>
>>742610588
Wallyworld
>>
>>742617672
and being a public place they cannot just invade my privacy and force me to be searched.
>>742617760
if there was a sign that said that you might be searched when leaving the store this thread would have no merit to begin with. there isnt such a thing at a walmart. also, local statutes generally operate in tandem to federal laws except where the local law overrides the federal. it is possible that a locale could make sexual harassment legal, but a grand jury would see otherwise.
>>742618014
how am i even a little wrong? you literally agreed with my statement.
>>
>>742618608
>not having a better name for a bag of groceries post-check out at the time.
What was stopping you from just calling it a fucking bag?
>>
>>742618787
i never said they could.
they cant force you, they can ask you, and stopping gives them permission to.
>>
>>742610588
only a loss prevention officer can check your bags and only with probable cause, without probable cause if the touch you its assault and if they prevent you from leaving its unlawful detention. once you have made your purchase it is your private property.
>>
>>742618787
I believe they infact post signs saying you may be subject to search. I don't know about that though. I'm jut telling you that in the United States a store my ask to search your bags, paint your ass black, and have you reject Jesus and acept Satan and all his works. Its not illegal for them to do so. Its THAT fucking simple, you simpleton.
>>
>>742618444
It wouldn't even need to be a 12 year old girl any person who gets a surprise peek at your Chode would be allowed to call the cops If you didn't get their consent first.

>>742618683
It is the problem, male strippers can do whatever they want with their dicks within the legal bounds of their states laws concerning stripping, or the agreement with the establishment in their contract.
If the bouncer pulls out his dick then it might boil down to the contract but that is something I don't have the specific legal knowledge to parse.
>>
>>742618871
What are you, the fucking "proper names for everyday bullshit" police?
>>
I'm white and always got my ticket out. Even if it's a black dude checking they are always " you're good" cause they know... stop being criminals mother fuckers.
>>
>>742619012
signs dont mean anything on private property.
signs are rules, not laws. break them and all they can do is ask you to leave.
>>
File: troll2dvd.jpg (50KB, 366x500px) Image search: [Google]
troll2dvd.jpg
50KB, 366x500px
>>742612195
>Kenneth Wisham, 64, tried to steal nearly $400 worth of DVDs

That poor old man. He was just trying to be a good goy, and do the right thing by not download them off of the interenets.

Death is what he has to show for his efforts.

RIP

I wonder what movies he did for?
>>
>>742619019
>>It is the problem, male strippers can do whatever they want with their dicks... blah blah blah

If you didn't notice the humor in my reply I can't help you Ace.
>>
>>742619131
like niggers actually give a fuck if you steal anything. its not their problem
>>
>>742619210
>he fell because he was sagging his pants
>>
>>742618907
>>742619012
they can ask whatever the fuck they want. (as long as it is protected speech)
im generally talking about them being able to actually enforce it.
hell, i can walk up to a cop and ask him for $20. he'll probably say no. that is very different from saying that i am taking the money from him and then sticking my hand in his pocket.
>>
>>742619204
Yeah, I'm with you. Didn't even say what ever the hell it is you seem to have a problem with.

ARE YOU PEOPLE EVEN READING THESE POSTS?????
>>
>>742619283
you are saying the same thing i am, and trying to argue with me about it.
>>
>>742619009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo
>>
>>742619019
>>742619216
i was just making a joke about taking my dick out at a strip club. i didnt think people would actually start another argument about it kek
>>
>>742619283
...again please refer to post 742619392
>>
>>742619392
no no, that was me agreeing.
i understand the confusion though, every post on this site is confrontational
>>
>>742618787
>how am i even a little wrong?
Because you think private property means you can be naked in front of whoever you want without their consent.
>>
>>742618444
i have never gotten in trouble for being naked in front of any of the 12 year old girls who have been in my house.
besides, nakedness is protected speech. as long as i am not sexualizing it in front of her then it is legally fine.
i would think her parents should get in trouble for neglecting their kid so much that she ends up at my house.
>>
File: 81.gif (2MB, 458x251px)
81.gif
2MB, 458x251px
>>742619516
>>
>>742619485
I'm tellin' ya man...

Bartender, another gin & tonic please... I'm starting to wake up....
>>
>>742619589
i mean.... i get what you're saying....
but are you often naked in front of 12yo girls?
>>
>>742619625
god, looks a lot like me too.
>>
>>742619019
>It wouldn't even need to be a 12 year old girl any person who gets a surprise peek at your Chode would be allowed to call the cops If you didn't get their consent first.
Well yeah, I wasn't saying it was only the case with 12 year old girls, just thought it would best convey the point if I used an example of someone underage.
>>
>>742610588
Stores like Wal-Mart can not stop you and search your bags legally without your consent. They can call the police and you can simply leave. If you haven't done anything and someone from the store illegally detains you, then you are prime for a lawsuit. Membership stores such as Costco or Sams Club have the authority to go through and search your carts because when you sign up to shop there you agree to this. They already have your consent from day one.
>>
>>742612887
Well that was in 1980 and now it's 2017
>>
they don't...you can refuse. but if you're suspected of shoplifting then they can detain you.

simple as that.
>>
>>742619874
this but states to state laws are different and if you're suspected of shoplifting most states allow to detain someone.

you can refuse to present a receipt though if it's a standard "search."
>>
Shoplift at costco, I saw a white lady quickly stuff a bottle of vodka in her big ass purse and nobody said anything.
>>
>>742619793
Yeah but in that specific case even if she agrees that she wants his tiny penis it is still questionably legal. If an adult agrees to looking at his small bud in the confines of his one room apartment the law doesn't care.
>>
File: 1482192504941.jpg (39KB, 640x627px)
1482192504941.jpg
39KB, 640x627px
>>742620243

she wasn't the only one
>>
>>742619404
no, you're the one arguing me about it.
well actually in that post i guess i am, but i havent changed my stance and you reponded to my posts first, unless you are the faggot who was talking about his lawyer friend.
>>742619516
what is with the "again" ?
also lern 2 link
plus, the store could make a reasonable argument that you read the sign and agreed with the conditions. therefore the store would be free from persecution when they try to search you. also, how is that post relevant to mine?
>>742619544
you're trolling me right? because "Because you think private property means you can be naked in front of whoever you want without their consent." is what YOU believe. you said it here: >>742618014.
>>
>>742614459
Your friend is not a good lawyer.
>>
>>742619715
i wish
>>
>>742620367
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/34483145/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/t/man-convicted-in-home-indecent-exposure/ careful now, if you're naked infront of a window you can be charged if seen by someone outside.
>>
>>742620545
Good or not he was correct about this particular situation. A store may subject you to search your bags as you leave. It may also ask that you tap dance on your way out. All 50 states.

How do you not get this? Its really simple, and you offer no laws or statutes to counter, so, fuck off.
>>
>>742612280
They should be. Theft should be an insta death sentence.
Thread posts: 270
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.