[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rick and Morty is losing it's touch. Only faggots who bandwagon

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 298
Thread images: 33

File: Rick1.jpg (371KB, 500x773px) Image search: [Google]
Rick1.jpg
371KB, 500x773px
Rick and Morty is losing it's touch. Only faggots who bandwagon everything and want to seem cool will defend season 3. You know it's going to shit when all people yell is "Pickle Rickkkkk", as if that's smart/clever humor. Admit it. It's losing it's touch.
>>
File: WaluigiMP8a.png (530KB, 1280x1114px) Image search: [Google]
WaluigiMP8a.png
530KB, 1280x1114px
Rick and Morty was never good.

Family Guy-tier entertainment for Idiocracy America.

Throw in a few science jokes that require entry-level knowledge so people can feel smart for watching it.
>>
>>742240602
It was never great. It only had a handful of genuinely good episodes, and only one truly great episode. It's Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Venture Brothers > Rick and Morty.
>>
>>742240804
you just summed upthe big bang theory as well
>>
File: eqew.jpg (409KB, 634x918px) Image search: [Google]
eqew.jpg
409KB, 634x918px
Post people who can't write jokes
>>
>>742241041

Exactly
>>
>>742240602
It lost its touch season 2 welcome to the club nigger.
>>
>>742241015
but venture bros has been absolutely unwatchable since the end of season 2.
>>
>>742240602
Theres definitely been a quality drop. Just like GOT a few years ago, most people dont want to nelieve something they love and something theyve invested in and define a part of their personality with is not only subject to change but subject to losing everything that made them like it in the first place. It all ties to humanities great fear of the past, like losing a loved one-- physically its still here, and you know it will be here for the forseeable future, so everythings okay. But yea, the show sucks now ubfortunately.
>>
>>742241299
Still >. And it had two excellent seasons, at that.
>>
File: 8927342293_56835f798d_k.jpg (756KB, 1367x2048px) Image search: [Google]
8927342293_56835f798d_k.jpg
756KB, 1367x2048px
>>742241315

>Theres definitely been a quality drop.

How can you go below 0 in terms of quality?
>>
File: Nips.jpg (24KB, 495x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nips.jpg
24KB, 495x500px
>>742241315
Well worded. People are honestly idiots who deny that the quality isn't the same. I'm hoping I'm wrong and that these are just some slow episodes cause I love the show myself but I'm not going to act like PICKLE RICK is some sort of genius cartoon riding when it's straight garbage.
>>
>>742240602
Guys, there's no quality drop.
All that there is lost is the novelty.
It's not as new to you guys.
It's still a good show in my opinion.
>>
File: Tony.jpg (93KB, 652x664px) Image search: [Google]
Tony.jpg
93KB, 652x664px
>>742241516
That literally makes no sense at all. Just because something isn't new doesn't mean it should lose the ability to make the crowd appreciate it for what it is. They're either just giving us slow episodes for the time being or on the downward slope to be forgotten very quickly.
>>
>ITT autists reeeeeeeeee over a TV show.
Ok so it sucks. Bitching about it here doesn't improve your situation. Suggest an alternative to get trending, have a nice fidget spin and don't forget to finish your tendies before they get cold.
>>
>>742240602
Someone tell this man rick is our man.
>not hole guy
>>
>>742240602
Pickle meme....
>playing king of the hill.
>>
File: if b was a person.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
if b was a person.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>742241820

>I'm enlightened and I don't care who knows! Stinkin' idiots!
>>
>>742241453
>>742241015
>>742240804
I hope you realize the contrarian bandwagon is equally as cringey as the quality drop deniers, but then again I am on the sjw-right breeding ground. The show used to be great. The lows were still funny, and the highs were genius even too genius for its own good. If you look at Rick Potion no 9 and see nothing more than aqua teen hunger force zaniness then ill politely ask you to never offer your opinion on film/TV again. Not only are the characters natural and believable but their dynamics are all so clearly defined without ever having to point them out. You dont reaply see how well this is done until the newest season when the characters and dynamics are like 9th season of spongebob level spelled out to you and 2 dimensional. This also happens with the plotting. Only plotting as funny but delicately structured as they were in the first season could have that shatteringly hilarious ending rick potion has. Compare that to the forced dance party "joke" at the end of last episode, or all of pickle rick. Boring.
>>742241516
You only diminish the show by saying something like this.
>>
>>742241745
Uh. You say novelty isn't a factor at all?
Now that's stupid.

That's like saying you don't get tired of a girlfriend and the spark is the same as it is from day one.

That's like saying listening to the same song over again for an hour doesn't make you tired of it.

I like it because I like the characters now. They're all entertaining to me in a familiar way, like a familiar friend. That's the best analogy I could place it in.

So the honeymoon phase is over; get over it.
>>
>>742241820
Newsflash: some people like TV shows and movies beyond something to throw on in the background while jerking off to cp. Talking about why something is good or bad is fun, your jock level mentality is neither funny, cool, unique, or helpful.
>>
File: Dur.jpg (133KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
Dur.jpg
133KB, 500x400px
>>742242979
Everything you compared wasn't even in the same context you stupid nigger. This is a show and an art form of comedy you cuck. I'm not rewatching the same episode over and over, I'm seeing new episodes every week from new seasons every few months. I guess that comeback just proves me right about the people who actually think season 3 is just as good. We call people like you idiots.
>>
>>742242979
Except the "novelty" factor you describe usually lasts, if history serves accurate, around 5 seasons. Sunny, Seinfeld, GOT, any show you can think of really peaked around season 4/5 then started to turn down. Different factors for each show but a show only lasting two seasons in not based on novelty loss its based on bad writing. If spongebob could last 3 seasons with good signs of lasting longer had the creator not left, rick and morty sure as hell could do better than that. And regardless, even if a show loses its novelty around season five a goof show can over come it. Curbs best season is 7 despite not feeling "new" like it did.
>>
>>742240602
>losing it's touch.
implies it ever had a touch
shit show is and forever will be shit
get over it.
>>
>>742240602
why do faggots keep spammingthis faggot thread about this shitty show on here constantly?
>>
>>742243814
Lemme guess, breaking bad wasnt that good, the Lost ending was actually good, and Zack Snyder is a genius nobody understands.
>>
>>742244123
Not that Anon but most of Breaking Bad for complete shit.
>>
>>742244123
>t.v
>any of it good
Biggest loser was the only good thing on t.v but thats just for a wank
>>
>>742242065
>>742243052
This coming from autists trying to validate their opinions on a cartoon designed to be consumed while high. Real deep thinkers in this thread.
>>
File: Buzz.jpg (36KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Buzz.jpg
36KB, 480x480px
>>742244318
I don't think I've ever seen an anon make himself look so stupid in my entire life.
>>
>>742244123
Your taste sucks... Just like this shitty show. That's it.
>>
Can you guys suggest something better
>>
>>742244719
Archer
>>
>>742244854
Nobody even knows what that is. It must be shit.
>>
>not acknowledging that the entire function of season 3 so far is to further morty's character development and resentment for rick
>>
>>742240602
I don't know what you're talking about because i've never seen the show.
>>
>>742243646
Why do you know this stuff?
Did marketing decide to draw up a cult following on 4chan by using controversy?
>>
>>742240602
It began as a kids show, it ran as a kids show, and it will end as a kids show.

You are a child.
>>
>>742245181
*posting
Anyway, that would be brilliant if that's so.
>>
>>742240602
Yup. First two seasons were glorious, new season I hardly laugh, maybe grunt here and there. Doesn't even get me thinking.
>>
>>742244275
In what way? Or is the contrarian opinion supposed to be enough for me to say "man that guy must be weawy smart"
>>742244382
>its a zany comedy so there cant be anything else good about it besides the fact that its zany
How can you watch at least half the episodes of the show and say this even slightly seriously.
>>742244480
Well said. Im cornered.
>>
>>742243646
All of those shows had completely different paths to becoming widely popular, though. None of the shows you mentioned had an incredibly well received, strong first season.
>>
>>742245278
Wait wut. There was no typo. Eh.
>>
>>742245026
>being this salty over something you don't even know
You sure are a badass kid.
>>
>>742244854
>rick and morty is dumb and for normies to watch high
>likes the most normie, stupid, substance-less show on air
Onlt person ive ever met who likes Archer past the first season was my frat cousin and his buddies.
>>
You niggas really gonna sit here and say noob noob wasnt funny af
>>
Explain. All anyone in this thread has done is bitch about how "it's just not the same anymore guys"

Fucking tell me why you think so.
>>
>>742240602

You're just mad cause they keep pointing subtle fingers at (((them)))
>>
>>742245501
>i dont have any friends, but my cousin does and also likes archer
>>
>>742245501
Good for you. Trying to impress your mom? Keep up with your "good" underground show.
>>
>>742245059
Thats exactly why it sucks. Like look at last episode, they hit the nail on the head so fucking hard and one note. I get it, morty doesnt like rick and doesnt think he cares about him *fast forward to end of episode*, oh shit, morty doesnt like rick and doesnt think he cares aboht him? Genius. They used to have a believable, mercurial relationship that changed and revealed its layers throughout their adventures, through different choices, consequences, and devices. Now its just the kids show it always teatered on being except it thinks its being more adult than ever. Strangley, the same thing happened to community.
>>
>>742245622
Or that Israel wasnt funny as fuck?
>>
File: 1500531196544.png (298KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
1500531196544.png
298KB, 500x628px
>>742240602
It's a good-a show
>>
>>742245779
When was the relationship ever more than hijinks? Their relationship was never an actual relationship
>>
Man, kneejerk contrarianism out of a perceived need to prove oneself not a normie is getting so played out that it may actually be less normie to unironically enjoy media now.

What a time to be alive.
>>
>>742245253
Yea, the guy that made the first two seasons of community and produced charlie kaufmans newest film just wanted to make a shitty kids show with nothing more to it than that. How can you watch Rick potion 9 or auto erotic assimilation or the end of season 2 and even begin to believe you have any idea what you are talking about.
>>
S3' biggest problem is dropping Jerry and Beth. There are no b-plot to cut back to anymore so you quickly get bored of the a-plot. Also i think they are out of odeas after pulling a 'lol jk' about the ending of S2
>>
>>742246003
What a fucking time to be alive
>>
>>742240602
It's a stupid cartoon, for stupid manchildren.
>>
the newes episode was okay but not too funny either.
the april 1st episode was one of the best but the other two from season 3 were boring and nothing like the first two seasons.

shouldn't have changed the entire writing crew
>>
>>742246003
Give up all your masks, stop trying to be someone and just be. If you enjoy something, cool. If you don't, cool. You don't have to prove why something is good to enjoy it, and you don't have to prove something is bad if you don't enjoy it. It's also possible to enjoy bad things, believe it or not.

Just exist for yourself for a while.
>>
>>742245385
All of those shows had an incredibly well recieved first season, just not the viewership right away. Regardless, it changes nothing, Rick and Mortys drop off is faster than any show ive ever seen. Lost had the popularity and the ratings, and again season 5 is when the novelty ends and quality takes over, quality it failes to maintain. Rick and morty didnt lose its novelty it jumped off a cliff.
>>
>>742240602
>hurr durr muh children's cartoon
Grow up.
>>
>>742246121
How the fuck do you miss that relationship? All it ever was was Beth being a whore, Jerry constantly doing shit to save her and their relationship (therapy episode, kronenberg earth), and beth going right back to being a whore
>>
>>742245750
Im the one saying the new season sucks... and never once thought it was underground. Everyone i know was telling me to watch it.
>>742245746
>only the stupidest person i know watches archer
>>
File: 21b.gif (968KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
21b.gif
968KB, 500x364px
I've never watched it but it seems like only geeks are into these kinds of shows.

What lame ass man-virgin gets super into watching a fucking cartoon.
How's that ever gonna get any good pussy smh
>>
>>742245926
No, it was about the hijinks revealing and deepening their relationship. Look at rick potion 9 and tell me the ending doesnt leave you with a significantly more complex view of the way Ricks presence in Mortys life effects him than any intellectual postering of the new season. Now morty walks around like hes just had it with rick, but the episode tells us that in the beginning and leaves it at that. I took what felt like a real naturally unhealthy relationship and is pretending to "explore" that relationship by turning it into episode by episode beats for some kind of shitty arc. It sucks.
>>
>>742246308
True, but it puts the fun and outlandish sci fi stuff in a more stark contrast when we see that there are normal people involved in it. Take last episode for example, no b plot to cut away to si its just a string of increasingly zany saw-traps killing a equaly zany cast we just met. And then Beth pops in for 2seconds at the end.

Compare that to putting Jerry in the daycare and having an adventure elsewere. That way you can cut back and let the viewer relax and get what just happend, build suspense ablut what will happen while providing some easy cheap jabs att Jerry beeing a cuck.
Its just good practice in comedy
>>
I definitely feel like there has been a quality drop this season.
I do think the first two seasons were pretty brilliant though. Definitely the most original animation thats been out for a while. But personally i really like the style of humor.

In terms of season 3, i feel like episode one was still really good.
"Pickle Rick" was stretching it. It definitely had its moments, but the moment i realised the whole episode was about rick turning himself into a pickle, made me cringe a little bit. That kind of humor is a little bit idiotic.

The last episode though.. The saw rip off.. Had some moments, but i would go as far as to say that it was the most disappointing episode yet... Cant put my finger on it, but the whole episode just seemed kind of meh... I do hope it picks up. I actually really like the show.
>>
>>742246225
That insane viewership in the first season is exactly what I was talking about. If their drop off is faster than any show you've ever seen you are almost certainly under 20 years old. They have hardly lost any popularity. I literally had to choose which of multiple viewing parties to go to, and there were public gatherings and events for it. Whether you enjoy the show or not it's still a successful show, regardless of how you feel about the season. The only homogenous problem the fanbase ever had was the long wait for season 3.
>>
>>742246308
Beth is a character with daddy issues. Are you surprised they also portray her that way?
>>
>>742246641
so far season 3 has been all about developing morty's resentment for rick's detachment from reality/consequences
>>
>>742240602
>4 episodes in
>2 episodes were amazing
>2 episodes were average

Way to early too cry about the quality of the season chump.
>>
>>742246695
No i hate beth the most tbqh. I want her to be thrown into a star never to be heard from again
>>
>>742246308
Holy shit the /b/tard nice guy version of the relationship... so funny. I always viewed it as beth being hitched to this wet sandwich of a man and just not having the heart to cut him away for good. But i suppose its always beth being a whore and the noble jerry doing everything in his power to save the relationship... yea, no.
>>
File: 20170816_084240.jpg (43KB, 264x309px) Image search: [Google]
20170816_084240.jpg
43KB, 264x309px
>>742246403
terrible bait
>>
It's only, what, 2 episodes into the season? Shut the fuck up
>>
>>742246666
Who the fuck is talking about viewership here? The fuck kind of strawman is that? I thought you were saying something about its popularity as some kind of point but your point was... it hasnt lost popularity... what? Also, "you must be age" cliche. Yawn.
>>
>>742246999
4 episodes. 3 of them were significantly worse than anything before. naturally people will say shit you fucking idiot
>>
>>742246900
Nah dude jerry is most def a huge pussy amd i hate chris parnell know because all i can hear in his voice is vagina. But beth is a cunt and thats what i hate. That this total cunt is being passed off as some empowered superheroine. It took us 2 fucking seasons to get the divorce we knew was gonna happen at s1e2. And then when it happens, cue gross quasiincestual between beth and RICKKKKK, pickle or otherwise.
>>
>>742246666
Holy hell batman checked
>>
>>742246915
I swear I'm not even baiting

Maybe I'm missing out on the greatest thing ever and but I don't have time to watch cartoons as a grown ass man.

Imagine a hot bitch finding out you watch family Guy/American Dad or play Vidya during all your free time
>>
>>742247121
S3e1 was great, i really liked s3e4 too
>>
>>742246666
>high viewership = high satisfaction rate
okay
>>
>>742247391
e01 was probably one of the best of all episodes cross seasons

e04 was better than 02 and 03 but still lacking imho.
>>
>>742240602
please by all mean stop watching
>>
File: FB_IMG_1502835846029.jpg (18KB, 480x476px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1502835846029.jpg
18KB, 480x476px
>>742247376
not gonna bite, sorry
>>
>>742247487
It feels less dense. Like we waited 2 years and instead of every scene being jam packed with jokes like in season 1, we have drunk rick talking about israel. I feel you homie.
>>
>>742247545
For sure

At least care to point out a reason or two I'm wrong?

It's only bait if u get mad bro
>>
>>742240602
Sorry to break the bad news but you're not a Rick. You're haven't evolved beyond the show and the show hasn't digressed 1 bit from it's course. From day 1 this has been about Morty, despite Rick's name coming first in the title. Everything from Morty's lack of love life to his family constantly splintering and reforming is solely to move the narrative of Morty growing via some very hard learned lessons via his adventures with rick. This has not changed. You've made the mistake of focusing too much on the pablum of the jokes. That's your failing, not the show.
>>
>*autistic PICKLE RICK chanting in the distance*
>>
>>742247211
Since when is she being passed off as an empowered superhuman? You have some deep seeded woman hate my friend, her character is portrayed as cuntish in the exact same way jerry is portrayed as a pussy, and just as pathetic. Her constant self doubt and things like her date with Mr Meeseeks are as far from empowering as you can get.
>>
>>742240602
Heeeeyyyyy Pickle Ricckkkkkkkkk
>>
>>742247748
it's bait if it's willfully written in a way to make people mad. it's terrible bait if it's this obvious.

if you're actually serious: there are more things to life than fucking everything that breathes. you do you, though.
>>
>>742247807
Hahaha okay man idt we're watching the same show
>>
>>742247740
much less comedy just random gore. yeah. it's just not funny anymore. can be cool but the comedy is gone
>>
>>742247758
Of course its changed. For the nth time compare rick potion number 9 to anything from this season. In terms of believavility, characterization, comedy, themes, drama, and tone its in another fucking dimension, literally.
>>
File: pepeisserious.jpg (35KB, 454x452px) Image search: [Google]
pepeisserious.jpg
35KB, 454x452px
>"insert thing that was good" was never good
>i'm so smart
>4chan was never good
>food was never good
>cartoons were never good
>coca cola was never good
>rick and morty was never good
Now you go! Continue the chain!
You look like a retard saying it.
>>
>>742247916
Either explain yourself or keep embarrassing yourself. So far you arent doing the former.
>>
>>742248003
>good was never good
do I win?
>>
Wow, a thread full of writers who don't write. What a waste.
>>
>>742247871
I do more than try to fuck anything that breaths

I'm just saying that in general, as an adult, I find it weird that so many other college age dudes my age are into this damn cartoon

I understand people have different tastes, but if your really watching cartoon past like 16 then idk what to think

Besides there's good shit on the like GoT, power, Ozark
Shit like that to name a few
>>
>>742248089
>fans of something can never be critical of it unless they are supreme grandmasters of the craft itself
it's almost like you're an actual retard
>>
>>742247823
YEAAAAH! PICKLE FUCKING RIIIIIICK
>>
>>742248052
Everything you said is contradictory to what i get from this show. Im not gonna sit here trying to convince you otherwise this isnt a fucking debate forum you queer
>>
>>742248103
not all cartoons are made for children. since cartoons offer a lot more creative freedom than live action, it's a great go-to for many a comedian.
but yeah, tastes are different.

people who like rick and morty don't exclusively watch cartoons so just accept that people like it, mate
>>
>>742242773
I'm with you, anon. When the show was good, it was fucking good. There is a stark contrast between the type of "OMG nerd humor xDxD" that is the Big Bang Theory and the over the top cynicism with a science-based veneer that is R&M. And truthfully, I wasn't even on the the-show-sucks-now bandwagon until this past episode. I assumed it would be bad with all the marketing being dropped on pickle Rick, but goddamn I think I smirked at the concept of Rick doing a Saw thing on superheroes and that's it. It's as if the creators are still coming up with cool concepts from which to write the episode, but the actual joke writing within and plot points are on the decline.
>>
>>742248103
need a pickle to chillax dude
>>
>>742248103
Wow look at how mature and enlightened you are
>>
>>742240602
Justin is that you?
>>
>>742248218
>says something wrong about the show
>i point to how its wrong and even give examples
>no
>why
>because i said so queer
I just hope you sleep tonight understanding that you truly are a stupid person.
>>
>>742248218
this is debatable
>>
Sup Justin.
Also, I liked all of the episodes so far this season. I think it has had similar quality to previous seasons.
>>
>>742248327
he doesn't browse 4chan anymore which is a shame. he's now sure the show is good so he sees no reason to stick around
>>
>>742248103
>shits on people "past like 16" watching cartoons
>cites GOT as good alternatives

Either you're 17 and dumb, or a really lazy troll.
>>
I thought the pickle Rick episode was meh tier, not awful, it's still an amusing show nonetheless just it has increased in fan base as of late and most of its episodes are meh tier, the worst was the tiny Rick episode holy fuck that one was terrible, best was the time fracture, miniverse, or show me what you've got one imo
>>
>>742248440
pickle rick and tiny rick were terrible. season 3 can still be entertaining if you ignore the past 2 seasons entirely. it's a completely different premise. enjoyable? sure I guess. funny? no.
>>
>>742248397
Or so he says I'm too lazy to read this shit but I'd make sure the critism is constructive
>>
>>742241015
This
>>
>>742245622
Man I haven't laughed even once during Rick and Morty since the first season. This shit is trash.
>>
>>742248103
If ur so "mature" and so many years over 16, then wtf is a grown man doing in front of a computer, in the middle of the night, on a youth/gay/loser forum website lol
Worse than sitting down and watching a random episode of a cartoon if u ask me
>>
File: IMG_7208.jpg (56KB, 450x568px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7208.jpg
56KB, 450x568px
>>742240602
Why aren't more people excited about the new DuckTales!?
>>
>>742248577
yeah that's what I'm trying to do
>>
I like the show. The episodes made me laugh and WTF repeatedly, similar to previous seasons.

Maybe there is a quality drop, but as long as it's entertaining enough to spend 20 minutes doing, I'll happily keep watching it.
>>
>>742240602
Pickle Rick and ep 2 were pretty bad. Ep 4 was ok.
>>
>>742248347
Dude your projecting. Im not typing a fucking term paper on 4chin to appease some drooling neckbeard. Get over yourself fagget
>>
>>742248637
Are you sure there's not just a picnic nearby?
>>
The show is a a good adult cartoon. especially when compared to down syndrome humor like family guy where you watch peter grab his knee in pain for 10 mins. Rick and Morty also has a deep plot hidden under the jokes which keeps you coming back. If you wanna see something really terrible read the rick and morty comics. That shit is garbo.
>>
>>742248440
>>742248555
Tiny rick wasnt nearly as bad as pickle. Tiny rick had the funny joke device of rick not actually wanting to be tiny rick and that coming out in hilarious ways (that song was funny). Then beck and jerry bickering in front of the alien prisoner was hilarious espexially when he busts out just to tell them they are horrible people. Pickle rick was just nothing.
>>
>>742248839
rick and morty is good but some of it is just as bad as anything on family guy tbh
>>
File: IMG_7217.jpg (360KB, 759x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7217.jpg
360KB, 759x960px
>>742248669
>you're finally gonna sell us
https://youtu.be/JeEqyeSu2P0
That's the line that got me.
>>
>>742248312
You're thinking of cucumbers
>>
>>742248798
>i give examples, you sont
>literally asks for a single example of what you claim
>somehow im projecting
>implying using 20 words to explain yourself takes more effort than complaining about explaining yourself
Id laugh if it wasnt depressing that most people in the world are like you.
>>
>>742248890
Why is everyone hating on family guy? I've laughed way more during family guy than I ever have watching rick and morty
>>
>>742244123
The only people that watched breaking bad were middle class subhumans that didn't even know meth existed. Guessing you're one of those people.
>>
File: 1476045721783.jpg (93KB, 500x708px) Image search: [Google]
1476045721783.jpg
93KB, 500x708px
>>742246194
How can you exist as yourself when you aren't sure what you are?
>>
>>742249021
because you're extremely easily amused. nothing wrong about that, just different types of people
>>
File: The Globe King.png (83KB, 722x461px) Image search: [Google]
The Globe King.png
83KB, 722x461px
The "pickle rick" catchphrase wasn't any more annoying than "tiny rick."
I didn't cringe any more at feminist undertones within Summer's character arc than I did at Beth's constant cucking of Jerry in seasons 1 and 2.
Throw away characters like Noop Noop weren't any less funny than Mr. Poopy Butthole.

Rick and Morty hasn't changed at all. It's fans are some of the worst psuedo-intellectual fedora-tipping neckbeards I've ever had the displeasure of engaging with, though.
>>
>>742244382
For some reason I read this in Rick's voice.
>>
>>742249021
Not a fair comparison every episode of family guy is made for the sole purpose to make you laugh where as rick and morty actually has a real plot with consequences that exist for the rest of the show. Also you may just enjoy the more goofy humor of family guy rather than the humor in rick and morty. Its harder for rick and morty to get away with jokes because it has a real plot.
>>
>>742249215
Aside from that hippie final line, dude makes valid points. You're allowed to like what you like, and anyone complaining otherwise when you're not being overly vocal about your opinions is as dumb as they are insecure.
>>
>>742249040
You mean myth?
I thought they made they up a fake drug for the show, he was a myth cook, right?
>>
>>742249040
>tfw im actual trailer trash
Your the second person to say the shows bad here and the second person to not give a single reason why besides "it gives me a contrarian boner"
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 280x272px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 280x272px
>>742249321
I'm sure you don't engage with people often. But it's good you come to an anonymous imageboard to lie for no reason.
>>
>>742249277
If I was easily amused then wouldn't I be equally as amused with Rick and Morty?
>>
>>742249469
>pseudo-intellectual fedora-tipping neckbeard detected
>>
the latest episode was lacking in originality. rick ruins everything and is always right/ reality tv show humor. oh boy throw logic in there at the end that helps derrrr
>>
>>742248103
I bet you're the kind of person who suddenly feels euphoric
>>
Thats what happens when you let a woman make decisions.
>>
>>742240602
you do realize they hired all women writers, right? Surely you've noticed the slant the storylines have taken.
>>
Haven't watched season 3 but heard SJW ruined it. Is this true? If so, is it painfully obvious or just subtle things?
>>
File: image.gif (491KB, 196x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
491KB, 196x200px
>>742249412
Yes
>>742249422
The whole show in every aspect is incorrect. You don't need to be a scientist or have any sort of intellect to make meth. You can make it in a fucking water bottle with batteries and a box of sudafed wth sudosudaphedrin in it.
There's no such thing as higher quality "blue" meth it's all the same shit. Let's not forget he was Malcolm in the middles dad which logically makes no sense and add the dogshit spinoff it had.
>>
>>742249321
1. Beth cucking jerry is funny, there is comedy built into that. Summer being a feminist symbol isnt funny, theres no joke.
2. Mr Poopy Butthole was great because his appearance in the first place was a joke with context connected to the plot. When the camera pans to him everyone laughs because of the whole parasite set up. Then, obviously this makes bait and switch at the end even funnier. Noop Noop was just a dialogue device, a guy put there to add dialogue and make a scene that isnt funny slight funny (but not really). The bait in switch at the end isnt funny because the whole reason he was there in the first place was questionable, and i wouldnt be surprised if 70% of the audience guessed he was talking about Noop Noop before the reveal.
3. Fedora wearing neckbeards infest everything sci fi or fantasy, this is not even a point.
>>
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=rick+morty+women+writers&t=ffsb&ia=web
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 486x487px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 486x487px
>>742249518
You tried (:
>>
>>742247376
Because browsing /b/ and going into threads that have nothing to do with your interests is totally getting you laid.....
>>
>>742249794
Yes. It's obvious. The whole tone changed.
>>
>>742249366
I just think it's sort of funny that people find themselves in this struggle to be unique or "autistic" but still need to seek validation from their peers and fellow "autists".

It's like: people want to be genuine and original (not a normie) but in a way that still allows them to be "normies" within their own perceived clique.

I'm probably not making much sense.
>>
>>742249797
Holy shit the cringe. First of all when does the show say you need to be smart to make meth? It clearly shows all the junkies making it on the street. Secondly, you abso-fucking-lutely can make higher grade, more potent meth with acute chemistry. For someone that starts the conversation pretending to be more educated on the subject than the middle class normie audience you sure seem to have no clue what you are talking about. Not only that but "muh scientific accuracy" is about the most low iq argument for a show/film being bad, especiallt when its about fucking meth potency. Nothing more cringe than baseless contrarians.
>>
>>742249851

The joke wasn't that they switched ricks perceived fav team member from morty to noop noop, its that rick didn't even know who noop noop was when morty expected him to, ricks fav dude is morty, it always was and always will be, don't ever expect him to cuck himself and admit it though.
>>
File: Nothing personel.png (25KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
Nothing personel.png
25KB, 1152x648px
>>742249851
1. There were jokes built in to her acting more like Rick. You just didn't find them funny. Neither did I, but Beth cucking Jerry wasn't funny either.
2. Except Mr. Poopy Butthole could have literally been replaced with any throw away character to the same effect. In a vacuum, Mr. Poopy Butthole isn't an inherently funny nor terribly interesting character. This doesn't stop the fanbase from fetishizing his appearance as comedy gold.
3. Except you could randomly pick a fan of Elite Dangerous or Star Wars and, odds are, they would be capable of discussing their hobby without constantly injecting their wikipedia-level knowledge on nihilism with needless blurts of "WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB." Seriously. Follow a R&M fan page on Facebook. 50% of its community will be made up of vapers.

>>742249884
gr8 b8 m8. Master troll ;) haha gotem
>>
>>742250212
So... your point? Still not seeing how anything you mentioned is as funny as the previous incarnations you compared them to.
>>
Am I retarded or did the SJW really infect that show?
With Rick talking about how this place felt "less diverse" and "3 women of colour" were killed. Come on, this is fucking SJW newspeak. And could explain that heavy quality drop.
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>>742250191
>thinking I'm better than middle class
>grew up with rich parents but won't get anything until they die because I only hang out with black people
>live in dumbest state in America
>have 2 uncles in jail for making/distributing meth
You're an idiot. Meth is meth. There's a reason is less than 5$ a gram. I'm glad you watched some YouTube tutorials on how to make breaking bad meth but quality certainly doesn't come into effect at in point. I can give a fuck how scientificly correct the show is but thinking some pleb tier dipshit is going to claim he knows about meth because he was part of the cult following the shit show had is a different story. The show is nutsack, the story, the cancer, the cast, and most of all thinking you can be a kingpin selling meth.
>>
>>742247954
You and reading comprehension don't exist in the same dimension. Literally.
>believavility
Wow. Literally. No one in any dimension thinks Rick's flying saucer is at all remarkable. Unbelievable since day 1.>>742247954
>characterization
Beth still in dysfunctional relationship with her dad and in failing marriage.
Can't remember the name of the pussy because he's still a giant pussy.
Summer still trying to find any escape from the parental dysfunction.
Morty still clinging to his morality despite his experiences and Rick's seemingly warped views.
Rick still clarifying his seemingly warped views as not so warped in the GREATER CONTEXT you cannot seem to grasp, because of your autistic like focus on the humor.
Guess what, the show is all about Morty changing despite his efforts to cling to his 'best self' so the theme is exactly the same. Drama is just there to move the narrative and yes a divorce will change the drama and tone.
Tighten your helmet kid because I'm sure things will continue to evolve weather you can follow or not.
>>
>>742250344
1. Those arent jokes, its a change in character traits. Her acting slightly more bad ass and unfeeling isnt a joke. Also, either you have been cucked in your own life, hate woman so much you simply cant find beth funny, or you have the sense of humor of a stick. If you think theres nothing funny about the beth and jerry in therapy episode theres just nothing i can so but bluntly say youre wrong.
2. Yea... and? Does the show have control over what the audience fetishizes? The point is that Poopy Butthole actually was funny in context, so whether or not people obssessed about him he was still a hilarious and even essential part of the episode he was introduced, and his name is just funny. There is neither anything inherently funny with Noop Noop NOR a contexually funny reason for him to be there. Noop Noop sucks and so does your argument here.
3. Everyone i know thats a rick and morty fan is a regular normie. Sure its probably got a lot of neckbeard losers because postmodernism and cynicism and faux intellectualism, but that doesnt mean it didnt uses to be hilarious too.
>>
>>742251066

Mr Meeseeks > Poopy butthole
>>
>>742250706
Any combustable drug is subject to highly fluxuating levels of potency. Sorry your rich parents didnt teach you how to do simple research online. Sure, meth is meth. And weed is weed. You can smoke your brown stemy crumbs and ill take the sticky purple shit, its all weed after all. Then, when talking about the stuff that actually matters, you throw it all in a list and say it sucks. Classic internet.
>>
File: TpUZgrj.jpg (224KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
TpUZgrj.jpg
224KB, 1440x2560px
>>742251066
1. Except her character change was literally a vehicle to introduce new jokes. The plotline with her raider boyfriend was catalyzed by her character change, and it gave way to jokes. They weren't funny jokes, but I'm amazed that you dogmatically defend Beth mistreating Jerry as some sort of indisputable pillar of comedy. Your "Everybody Loves Raymond"-tier humor isn't universal.
2. The show does have control over what the audience fetishizes. They control EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the lore. R&M's creators effectively introduced a character with a fart joke for a name expecting us to laugh. I didn't. You, and apparently every other Rick and Morty purist, were wheezing on the ground in amazement. Forgive me for failing to see why.
3. Pic-related. Every Rick and Morty fan I know either never talks about it or won't shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>742250810
Yes, because rick flying in a spaceship is equally as believable as him getting drunk killing a a horde of evildoers in their base, setting up a saw game and throwing a massive party all in one night. Doing shit like this makes the character drama feel less important and also makes any semblance of stakes nonexistant.
>autistic like focus on the comedy
Its... a comedy. If its not funny its failing its most important job. Its still designed like a comedy, so the fact that it isnt funny makes the "drama" just feel like its being half assed and avoided.
All those character traits you describe I can perfectly see applied to a number of episodes in the first two seasons, where in season 3 they seem incapable of hitting anything other than one specific aspect of each character an episode, making them all feel 2d and more like dramatic devices than funny and naturally dramatic characters.
>>
>>742240602
You sound like one of those grouchy faggots no one likes who complains about anything that gets popular.

Episode 2 is the only bad rick and morty episode so far (although i havent seen EP 3 yet). 1 was great and 3 wasnt up to par but it was still pretty good.
>>
>>742251620
>fart joke for a name
Poopy Butthole is more of a sight gag.
>>
>>742240804
>Family Guy-tier entertainment for Idiocracy America

kek, kill yourself fag. There isnt even any real scientific lingo in the show, you need almost zero knowledge of science to get it. Youre so dumb that you thought they were using actual science kekekekekek. You like to think youre too good for family guy, but youre not.
>>
>>742250599
And dont forget the part about Israel. The SJW undertones are light so its not really bothering me yet, but yeah, pretty retarded and especially disappointing to see in a show like R&M.
>>
Remember when the show was "Rick and Morty". and not "Rick, Summer, and Morty"?
>>
>>742243646
Pfft it took Sunny from season 2 until season 7 to start doing shit more clever than /b/ humor.

Season 2 had awesome situational humor but thats about it. I thought 3,4,5 were the weakest frankly.
>>
>>742251620
1. I guess that plotline was so not funny i didnt even think about it. Regardless, youre implying true marriage dynamics arent funny because they are... i dont even know what your point is.. simple? Again, space therapy episode. If theres no comedy in that for you its because you have something personally against one or both of the characters.
2. Confused because we already went over this... but okay: if you think mr poopy butthole his funny because his name says poop then why are you talking like you have any understanding of the show or comedy? The joke is in the pan, the name just makes it funnier. If his name was john smith you might raise the side of your mouth at the reveal of an out of place character in the context of the scene, the name turns it into a fully fledged joke. (And how pretentious and psuedo intellectual must you be to say "fart humor" as if its inherently not funny. What does that make Ozu?)
3. Okay
>>
>>742252491
Gearhead was in the last episode more than summer.
>>
Pickle Rick is a replacement for Rick's drinking in the episode. Rather than drinking to avoid his problems and responsibilities he turns himself into a pickle (getting pickled is a euphemism for getting drunk) as a stand in for alcohol. It's not even a particularly difficult joke to work out. Watch it again and try to think beyond what's presented to you. There are a ton of jokes under the surface
>>
>>742252491
"Wahh wahh theres a girl in my boys club!" Shut up, little faggot.
>>
>>742252492
You must be joking. Its literally internet humor now. Season 1-5 were funny becayse the characters and antics were believable. It didnt matter what they were doing becayse the people were funny. Then they turned into charicatures of themselves and the joke became "how wacky is this? How gay is mac? How psycho is dennis? How random is charlie?" Charlie was one of the funniest characters on TV when his level of stupidity was believable and consistant, then they turned him into a slot machine for retard jokes sometimes and levelheaded sensibility other times. The show is pure cringe now.
>>
>>742252496
1. Or I just didn't laugh. It's pretty simple. I didn't suppress my laughter out of a misplaced hatred for a fictional cartoon character. It. Wasn't. Funny.
2. I didn't find Mr. Poopy Butthole's name funny, either. It's that simple. The same type of jokes were making me giggle 15 years ago on Newgrounds. That shit's just stale now. Him being relevant to the plot doesn't somehow redeem his unfunny nature.
3. What a rebuttal.
>>
>>742252685
>this is how sjw actually think
I never said anything about her being a girl. She is just an annoying character. This is Hilary all over again.
>>
>>742252592
>oh wow the pickle represents his alcoholism
>HOLY SHIT IM BURSTING OUT LAUGHING AT MY SUBTEXTUAL READING
will you fuck off you psuedo intellectual cunt
>>
>>742246308
How the fuck was Beth a whore? Frankly I loved Beth & Jerry. The dysfunctional relationship really served to undercut how shitty Morty's homelife actually was. Now its just Rick abusing Morty for lolz instead of Morty facing certain death with his asshole grandpa because the alternative is a slow, boring shitty death.
>>
>>742252759
Yeah, im sure sjws go around calling people faggots all the time too.
>>
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily fromNarodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.
>>
>>742252891
The ones on 4chan do. Nice save face though.
>>
>>742252741
Its... not about how relevant he is its about the relevance in that moment of the pan. As the other guy sais, hes a sight gag. The name is just silly. You come off as a guy with a shattered sense of humor. Fuck off with your 15 years ago shit and read a Pynchon book you inner-childless goon.
>>
>>742252892
Kek'd hard, nice b8.
>>
>>742252592
and yet the only people who laugh at the "I'M PICKLE RIIIIIIICK" are the same people who laugh at the "I'M TINY RIIIIIICK" comedy genius.

your deduction would explain a mild smirk while thinking "hey, I get that analogy" but nothing more. if it has you wheezing on the ground, it's the slapstick bullshit of OMG LOL HES A HUMAN BUT NOW HES A PICKLE LIKE OUT OF ALL THINGS LOL A PICKLE XDDDDDDD that made you laugh rather than that lazy analogy. you're in denial and a proper pseudo intelectual cunt
>>
>>742252741
>argument: rick and morty fans SUCK
>post a jpg of a retard with a shitty tattoo like you can find of any fandom of anything ever
>other guy is speechless in the utter stupidity of your point and argumentative skills
>what a rebuttle
This site is astonishing
>>
>>742247117
Me. I was. Nice touch with suggesting it was a strawman if that's bait.. The whole time I was talking about the shows the other anon mentioned, which became popular over time and as such were not met with as high scrutiny as early. Shows like that have more loved seasons later that give them that surge of viewership, and as new viewers watch the earlier seasons, they realize it was good the whole time.

I just think it's too early to call it unless you're down you have a trigger finger but instead of a gun it's being condescending and jerking yourself off
>>
>>742240602
Yeah. Season 3 has started off as a pointless gore cartoon. The first 3 episodes were pure shit.
>>
>>742253112
>complains about anecdotal evidence by using anecdotal evidence
you're far superior, I can tell
>>
>>742253112
>cherrypicks a single argument and compares it to a response to a completely different argument
Whew, lad. How's the 8th grade going?
>>
>>742241139
Underrated
>>
File: IMG_1770.jpg (162KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1770.jpg
162KB, 980x1040px
ITT: grown men arguing about a cartoon.
>>
>>742240804
It's a cartoon it is supposed to be silly you guys are over thinking it
>>
>>742253196
>>742253230
Not even sure what youre saying or who you are but Im just making fun of whoever the retard was that posted the tattoo pic. And then hows blank grade... fucking lol.
>>
>>742253412
stop talking, mom
>>
>>742251620
wtf lmao mr. poopybutthole is a great character. his simplicity is essential to his introduction. in the episode it's supposed to be clear that he's a low effort, basic generic character, obviously one of the shapeshifting parasites that had been putting fake memories in the family's brains.. but he wasn't. the joke is that he was real, and offended they thought he was a parasite (the parasites couldn't fake bad memories, so it was kind of a compliment).

they kept him around because people like him
>>
>>742253452
we're saying that you're a hypocrite. a not very smart one
>>
>>742252496
>>742253112
totallynotsamefag.jpg

>>742253461
Me: Mr. Poopy Butthole is a cringey character because he's clearly nothing more than a low effort throw away gag by the writers.
R&M fans: That's the joke.

Then why aren't I laughing?
>>
>>742253461
Hes upset that character with a silly name is popular because said silly name is silly. He doesnt get the joke or anything hes literally obssessing over surface popularity for the sake of contrarian psuedo intellectualism.
>>
>>742240602
Honestly you're right, the fan base doesn't help either. People that yell "I'M MR MEESEEEKS" or "I'M PICKLE RIIIICK " suffer from autism. Vibrancy and loud noises are the few things that keep their attention.
>>
>>742253739
Are you the anon inserting CONTRARIAN into every single post? You can quit flaunting your middle school vocabulary. Nobody is impressed.
>>
>>742253639
Context you fucking retard. I can just see you watching that episode out of the corner of your eye while sitting on your phone, hearing the name poopy butthole and being like "thats the character everyone loves? Wtf so dumb". You dont realize how stupid you are making yourself out to look but my god man it doesnt look good.
>>
>>742240602
pickle riiiiiiickkkkkkk
>>
File: 8d2.jpg (16KB, 353x334px) Image search: [Google]
8d2.jpg
16KB, 353x334px
>TV
>>
>>742253521
Pointing to someones argument and laughing about how stupid it is... how is that comparable to pointing at a stupid rick and morty fan and saying all rick and morty fans are stupid like this guy? CRINGE
>>
>>742240804
family guy is gold not because its 190 iq level humor so insecure cunts like you can feel smart. Its because its fucking silly and peter is a half wit. Its so random sometimes you cant help but laugh.
>>
>>742253846
>contrarian
>middleschool vocabulary
>flaunting
So you admit to it being a middle school level word but point it out like its some obscurely intimidating thesaurus word... Joke or obliviousness?
>>
>>742252490
Light?
Less diverse. Wooomaaaan of coooloour. Holy fuck this is bad. I almost chocked when I heard that. Thought maybe "less diverse" was a slip, but the "woman of colour" and "Israel" (forgot that one) was just fucking bad.
Damn women. They take something and try to change it. Just like they do with men. And then they leave it broken and bruised and not recognizable anymore. Sad
>>
>>742241015
Lmaoo venture brothers was fucking terrible. That's like saying superjail and ugly americans were good shows. It never had any quality, just a shitty show that only the fan base of adult swim would like. I'm 90% sure everyone who isn't brain dead switches the channel when that shit comes on.
>>
I'd rather watch the Ducktales reboot, than Rick and Autismo.
>>
>>742253639
thats not the joke....
>>
>>742253846
lmao no one has directly addressed that assertion tho
>>
>>742254191
>>
>>742244382
Why do you faggots have to hate? I'm sick of white knight-ing. Just lurk past the thread, no one gives a single fuck about your opinion.
>>
>>742253320
>grown
>>
>>742250706
What a tard
>>
>>742253639
It's funny that you accuse me of ignoring the totality of a persona's being beyond a superficial sliver of their character because that's exactly what you're doing. I've acknowledged that I'm aware of Mr. Poopy Butthole's involvement with the plot. It wasn't clever. My point isn't about that. My point is about how ill-inspired I find the character. Feel free to continue gaslighting, though. You've literally dropped arguments thus far in favor of singling out 1/3 of my passive remarks.

>>742254078
Not at all. You reuse it over and over as if it's some sort of damning argument against anybody who happens to not like Rick and Morty. You either believe it to be some sort of higher-level argumentation, or you're oblivious to the fact that people don't address it due to how meaningless of an argument it really is.

>anybody who doesn't like my favorite show only does so to spite its popularity
>*people present legitimate arguments against your favorite show*
>Wow. Look at all these CONTRARIAN pseudo intellectuals. Amirite guys xD???

>>742254166
See above, you samefag cretin.

>>742254191
Because it's a bad argument. Do you really need me to explain why asserting your opponent misinterprets their own opinion is nothing but a derailment method by non-debaters?
>>
>>742244854
How fo you like archer but not rick and morty? Archer has only ever made me laugh a few times and I've seen all 7 seasons. I laugh at almost every episode of rick and morty (exception for pickle rick)
>>
>>742254430
Do you really think people pointing out that you're being contrarian are saying you don't understand your own opinion? Like, genuinely? You really think that's the aspect of your argument they're referring to when they imply you're being contrarian?
>>
>>742245105
Then why reply you fucking autist?
>>
>>742240602
I've enjoyed the last few episodes, episode 1 of season 3, the rick shank rick demption, was the strongest, but I did enjoy the therapy bit in pickle rick. I mean the man pretty much wiped out his enemies, so the only thing left for the show to do is to dive deeper into rick.
>>
>>742254567
A contrarian is an individual who goes against a popular belief. You're seemingly implying that anons don't like the show BECAUSE it's popular. You state this in spite of the dozens of anons who can present substantiated arguments in defense of their lack of appreciation for R&M. This is an implication of opinion misinterpretation. This is what you're stating.

Either that or you're literally stating that people who don't like Rick and Morty are going against popular opinion. Given that spin, it doesn't seem worthwhile to spamfuck CONTRARIAN in 50 different posts on this thread. Are you going to remind us that the sky is blue next, champ?
>>
>>742254835
I don't think wanting to dislike something and convincing yourself it's bad are mutually exclusive
>>
are you all fucking serious? go to /tv/ you stupid assholes. you are discussing rick and morty characters. are you serious? it is a great show. there are no popular alternatives. if you wanna discuss details go fuck yourselves on /tv/
>>
>>742254966
If somebody didn't raise an eyebrow in disbelief at Mr. Poopy Buttehole's death scene, it's entirely possible they just saw the twist coming. You not seeing it coming and being amazed by the writers' wit is not a negation of the legitimacy behind someone who did see it coming. Imagine being told every time you scoff at a Rob Schneider movie trailer that you only hate it because it's popular and not because the writing doesn't impress you. That's what you're doing to anons who genuinely don't like R&M.

That said, I DO like Rick and Morty. I fail to see how Season 1 and 2 are any different than Season 3, though. The writing for Rick and Morty never wowed me as much as other anons in this thread, so a supposed dip in quality is hard to grasp.
>>
Ok, so if Rick and Morty sucks - what is, in your opinion, a good show?
>>
>people here think theres ANY actual science involved in the show
You could replace that whole theme with magic and it would lose nothing on authenticity and realism.
If you think the show is good because of it's use of "the science" you're an idiot.
If you think the show is bad because it's "grade school science" or "normie science" or whatever you assholes call it you're an idiot.
>>
>>742255436
I never claimed to be amazed by the writers' wit... why do you turn the world into these extremes every time you recapitulate anything?
>>
>>742254430
You complain about a joke about a bad apple because the apple isnt ripe. The joke is in saying "keep an eye out for this thing" then in a visual reveal the characters address said thing while being completely unaware said thing is said thing. Then in the end said thing is revealed to be something else all along. This is like, literally the definition of a clever joke. By all means tell us something more funny and clever. Speaking of deninitions, you only try so hard to dislike poopy butthole because hes popular (noun- contrarian) and the word poop cant possibly be used in the guise of witty or clever humor ever. Its depressing reading your comments actually.
>>
File: 4f3.jpg (49KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
4f3.jpg
49KB, 400x300px
>>742240602
Xavier renegade angel > everything else
>>
File: Capture.png (20KB, 647x341px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
20KB, 647x341px
>>742255610
>on the next episode of "dropping the argument in favor of whining about your opponent word choice because you lack a rebuttal"

It's also humorous that you chastise my use of extremes by implying I use them "EVERY TIME" I explain "ANYTHING." Pic related may help you, man.
>>
>>742255436
You are implying you guessed the twist. No. You didnt. Not only is the twist not even why hes funny in the first place (the joke of his character was in his reveal), the fact that he is introduced with a closed ended laugh means her purpose in the human brain is justified. I could believe you guessed the Noop Noop twist because he has no justified purpose. Maybe you cpuld have guessed it right before he was shot, because your brain would have thought "wouldnt it be clever if...", and it would be right, it was clever.
>>
>>742240602
PICKLE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!
Fuck you. When I saw the preveiw of the Pickle Rick episode and didn't watch because of that, I would have had the same tool reaction as you. You obviously only watch everything as if it was an action movie, and dialog as more noise than what they say. So, are you going through puberty or are you just stupid? Either way, I don't care. I just wanted to flame you. Your response is nothing because I'm not even going to lurk in this thread. Yes, you are that unimportant. Get used to it.
>>
>>742255802
It's the notes he's not playing.
>>
>>742240602
All of the point you're trying to maje was summed uo in the last 30 seconds of the episode before they made fun of it themselves. Besides, I liked pickle rick and just like every fucking one else I waited almost 2 years for this god damn season.
>>
>>742253412
Lol I guess I came off as sounding like one huh. It is true though it's just a cartoon and some of these fags here are talking about being intellectuals give me a fucking break bunch of faggots who think their shit smells better than the other guy.
>>
>>742249321
>Beth's constant cucking of Jerry in seasons 1 and 2.
where the fuck was she cucking him? what the fuck are you talking about? did she sleep around? did she invite lovers? nothing of the sort ever happened. she just hated his guts and I think the reason you label it as cuckery is because you secretly identify with Jerry it terrifies you that you can never satisfy anyone.
>>
>>742255771
A synonym for "clever" is "intelligent." Forgive me for, after centuries of its employment, not finding the character name non-joke "intelligent." I didn't laugh. Do you want me to lie?

And what a paradox to say "tell us something more funny and clever." Because regardless of what I say, you're just going to mock me. The difference in the situation is I don't give a shit what you find clever.

My beef with Poopy Buttlehole isn't the fact that he's popular. I mentioned in passing that the sea of braindead fanboys who repost his quotes without hardly understanding the significance of the character is one reason why I don't like typical R&M fans, but him being popular isn't the problem. Coca Cola is also popular. Shit's pretty good.

And "poop" can be used cleverly. I just didn't think "OH WOW. HIS NAME IS MR. POOPY BUTTHOLE, AND HIS APPEARANCE DEVIATES FROM THE NAME. WHAT A NOGGIN JOGGER."

I think it's more depressing R&M fans feel the need to dogpile anyone who doesn't blindly worship plot devices they personally found interesting.

>>742256029
Here's how my thought process went down.
>parasites can't be included in memory
>why not?
>couldn't they just fabricate memories
>they're parasites, after all
>whatever. they're mowing down parasites
>Mr. Poopy Butthole isn't a main character
>He's probably a parasite
>Yeah. See? Morty doesn't have any bad memories with him
>that's probably gonna be a joke

I didn't find it enthralling. That doesn't make me some sort of supreme entity of pure intelligence. It makes me a dude who thought of a twist before it happened, chucked slightly when it did happen, and is perplexed by people who view it as some sort of unforeseeable plot thickener. I can't wait for your next baseless post about how much of a liar I am for daring to attest I have enough intuition to guess the plot structure of an Adult Swim cartoon.
>>
ITT: hipsters
>>
File: IMG_0044.jpg (223KB, 381x424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0044.jpg
223KB, 381x424px
>>742240602
OP, you are such a fucking faggot, but what else is new.
Given your autism, I'm sure your goal was to stir up useless conjecture so you can trigger yourself and others into feeling some emotion. However, if your goal is to actual defend your claim why not do the following:
1. Define criteria for "quality", newsflash: people measure this is vastly different ways
2. Name specific but representative examples from the first and second seasons and compare them to specific but representative examples from the third season
3. Don't make a stupid, easily refutable argument like "you know it's shit when people yell X to make a joke" who the fuck are people? Your shitty autistic friends? Also, "wubba lubba dub dub" ring any bells? People like to make references to shows, so fucking what?
4. Kill yourself
I'm sure you won't do any of those things because you're retarded, though I'd recommend at least considering 4 prior to ever posting anything ever again.
>>
>>742240602
>the franchies is bad because the people watching it are bad
k
either way, i'm liking season 3 so far more than i liked season 2
>>
>>742257142
>>
>>742252832
This guy gets it
>>
>>742240602
>watching cartoons past the age of 12

Are all of you guys autistic 12 year olds?
>>
File: You got me.jpg (17KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
You got me.jpg
17KB, 500x281px
>>742256619
>>
>>742256686
What.... im gonna have to ask another anon to chime in here and tell me: does a single thing this guy just said make sense? Its like you simultaneously didnt get the joke and didnt watch the episode at the same time...
First, you once again ignore tge entire joke and focus on the name... the name is not what makes it clever, the joke has been explained to you at least 5 or 6 times, one guy even mapping out the trajectory of what a joke does and how it applies to the scene, yet you still write "not finding the character name non joke clever"............. fucking astonishing.
Then I ask for your idea of a clever joke, but nah examples in a pursuasive argument are useless. A joke is a set up and payoff, so whats a clever one?
Then this is where it real gets mind boggling, you say "his name is mr poopy butthole, and his appearance deviates from the name." What the fuck does that even mean? What are you talking about? Like holy shit either you are so far down the ditch of not getting the joke or you burst a bloodvessel or suffered a stroke, because that makes literally 0 sense. Oh, and it once again implies what makes the joke clever is his name, and once again im astonished by your stupidity.

Then you talk about your thought process in guessing the twist... but you describe a trajectory of thoughts that would lead you to believe he's a parasite, not that hes real. And not only is there not a single moment in the episode that suggests morty has no bad memories with him (did you mean beth), that would still suggest hes a paeasite and not real. You even say "hes probably a parasite", so wheres the part that you guess hes real? If everything is leading you to believe on thing, its the very definition of clever and funny that it turns out to be the opposite.
>>
>>742256686
Bruh. Mr. Poopy Butthole wasn't a parasite. You were supposed to assume he was.
>>
>>742257584
>doing (something 12 year olds do) past the age of 12?
Are you still sharing your opinion on the internet? That's something a 12 year old would do! What business do you have doing it, faggot?
>>
Rick and Morty is for fags and has always been for fags. As its audience grew and became full of fucking faggot sjw liberals who think they are edgy for watching adult swim, the show started catering to them as an audience. Rick and morty pushes political ideas particularly in the 3rd season. A specific moment is this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPatN0_RHK4 . Not to mention, Rick and Morty's humour has always been suited to 14 year olds and those on the spectrum. The copy pasta >>742252892
is pretty accurate as the people i have met (who love Rick and Morty) have always said that it's "really nihilistic" and such and the like. Also the whole show is a meagre excuse for comedy as a few post's have pointed out, the characters and comedy are superficial. However, the show in itself is harmless, and if you are a retarded or young enough to laugh at it, fine. But the people who are drawn to the show are dum dum liberals. For example, my friends 14 year old younger brother who is a twink emo gender queer bisexual trans-muslim likes the show. The people who watch the show and enjoy it are either too young to realise it is bad or a shallow excuse for a person who surrounds themselves with meaningless labels to have an identity. This means that most people in this thread who are defending it are either 14 year olds bored with summer break: or 20 year olds who saw a meme on 9gag about 4chan yesterday and started coming here for the most epic of memes.
>>
>>742258334
Also i'm salty Rick and Morty fags got MDE cancelled
>>
>>742257860
Explain the joke. Since I'm clearly oblivious to its genius, explain it. You've rambled for the past hour about how lost I am, yet you make no effort to elaborate beyond citing several posts that I've addressed in detail. EXPLAIN THE JOKE, OR I'LL CONTINUE TO ASSUME YOU'RE DEFENDING NOTHING.

You asked for my idea of a clever joke. I responded by pointing out that your inquisition is an obvious loaded question. You could, in all likelihood, close your eyes when I post my idea of cleverness for all the difference it'll make. You only ask so you can have yet another meaningless argument focal point to scurry back to when you get tired of actually debating.

I did mean Beth. How ignorant of me to misquote the placement of two interchangeable characters in a filler episode. My line of reasoning is that since the show introduces a joke character and subsequently points all fingers at them being a certain thing, it's likely that said joke character will not be that thing and the entire scenario will end in *shocker* a joke.

>>742258048
I did assume he was. I then assumed that's what the writer's wanted me to think, given he's a joke character. This shit isn't rocket science, my man.
>>
I like rick and morty. I will admit that the new season seems a little slower, and while i lack the intellect to put my finger on the minutiae that throws me off, if it makes me forget life is shit for 23 minutes ok.

Also F is for Family is better humor wise in my opinion, but i love bill burrs humor
>>
>>742240602
You just got yourself too hyped during the wait. Youre a real fucking pretentious faggot though for that strawman bullshit Youre doing. What about TINY RICK!! Or wubbalubadubdub or im Mr meeseks look at me! The show has dozens of those same moments and if you don't like it Youre free to just not watch it. That doesn't make you better than anyone and frankly, I suggest you address this weird need you have to feel superior to others. Cognitive distortions like that can lead to a huge colliapy of psychosocial issues.
>>
>>742259159
i fucking hope this is bait
>>
>>742259206
I hope your depression gets better.
>>
>>742259206
that's what i said when i read OP's whiny-ass cry for attention
>>
>>742258925
Niggah.
Did u see that SJW crap? That has nothing to do with the new season being slow.
"Place seemed less diverse" "3 women of colour" "Israel problem". This is fucking retarded. That just doesn´t fit Rick, the setting, the first seasons, nothing. That is just infested with PC crap, laying it into the characters mouth were it doesn´t even fit him.
>>
>>742258535
>>742253461
>>742255771
>>742249851
I dont wanna go through the whole thread but you get the idea. The important thing is, you are so clearly affected by the fact that hes popular. You are revising your thoughts in a way that suggests Mr poopy butthole was something more than an opening and ending joke. Either you watched the episode late KNOWING he was a popular character, or you are lying. He has less lines than Mr Beauregard or Pencilvester. He dissapears entirely from the second act, which even makes the reveal that hes still around at the end another joke. In the beginning hes nothing more than a sight gag to kick off the episode, in the end hes a funny twist. But you are describing it like hes this new side character that builds the whole episode to this crazy twist that cements him as one of the greatest most clecer characters ever. The only reason you would ever think this is if you were affected by his popularity. Its a joke, and a well paced and structured twist. The only reason people remember him is because he ends the epusode with such an unexpected laugh. Hes not a joke characger, his presentation is a joke, and the fact that you are appeoaching such a harmlessly clever sight gag and twist with this "what makes this character so fucking special" grudge tells me you saw the episode after the hype. Of course, you will never admit this because it would nullify your argument and make you look stupid, but its okay you dont need to admit anything to accomplish that.

Also, can we jump back a sec and can you please explain what the fuck you meant by "his name is mr poopy butthole and hus appearance deviates from that name". This still has me with a giant grin on my face its just amazing how little sense it makes.
>>
>>742259306
I dont think is reasonable to expect a show to pander to your specific political ideology, and the whole israel joke was that the sjws have made it so that you cant discuss complicated geopolitical issues without being lebeled racist. As for the diversity thing youre literally nitpicking one passing line of diologue.
>>
>>742259306
Saying the words "israel" "diverse" or "women of color" is pc crap now? Whats the context? Wasnt the joke that Rick is highly critical of Israel when hes drunk? You are so corrupted by the internet my friend.
>>
>>742259244
Again hoping this is bait but if not, how is a meaningless catchphrase funny. it contributes nothing to the context to allow the catchphrase to be funny. it's a stand alone meaningless, unfunny joke. It's low effort and weak.
>>
>>742252210
normie spotted
>>
only hipsters say dumb shit like "it's losing its touch for season three" because they dislike one scene because that's the latest trend on the 4chan, shitting on it because "muh women writers", shitposting one joke as if it was any different from the dumb shit they did before. yes, tiny rick and the catchphrases in general are really the same kind of joke, if you pretend otherwise you're just autistically defending that you jumped on board on the latest bandwaggon of shitting on this one thing. fucking hipster faggot.
>>
>>742259735
Yeah but thats not new to season 3. Its been a running gag this whole time. Besides he only said it once, it wasnt a catchphrase so much as it was a meme. Besides it sounds nice, and its satisfying to say. Who gives a shit? If youre not satisfied with the quality of the show you could just watch something else.
>>
>>742259814
I think the show is legitimately not as funnt as the other seasons its just people are too stupid to understand why that is so they latch on to the most surface level thing they can which is the zaniness, despite that always being an element of the show.
>>
>>742259668
Highly critical of Israel but not critical of hamas. hmmmm sounds like muslim lovers to me.
>>
>>742259977
This is a strawman argument. Is it really so important to you to feel superior to people who like this particular tv show?
>>
>>742260012
0/10
>>
>>742259668
>Raising political issues in a cartoon show.
>>
>>742260012
If youre trying to watch a show where someone gives a prolonged detailed political monologue i would suggest you pick something that isnt featured at midnight on adult swim.
>>
>>742260072
Wtf? I just said I dont think its as funny as it used to be wtf is your problem?
>>
>>742260119
>making political jokes on adult swim
Thats NEVER been done before. FUCK THE WOMYN WRITERS
>>
>>742260134
Its looked to me like you were saying the only reason anyone enjoys it is because they are too stupid to realise it sucks.
>>
>>742260182
Literally mad they didnt make the show cater to your specific /pol/ teir ideology.
>>
I'M TINY RICK!
I'M PICKLE RICK!! XDDD

I wonder what noun Rick will be next season. . .
>>
>>742260240
Are you tone deaf or replying to the wrong person?
>>
>>742259924
I know it's not new to season three. i was talking about the show generally i have watched the show since the first season which i enjoyed as something to rot my brain with. i continued watching and decided i didn't like it. Just because it is considered a meme, doesn't instantly render it funny. memes work because they have a joke applicable to a context (well at least it used to). pepe wasn't instantly a meme and therefore funny. He came with the catchphrase feels bad man or got milk which, at least on 4chan, was used to respond to other peoples post's. Rick and morty's catchphrases are just used as funny sound. As you said it's satisfying to say too some. that some being morons who need the funny noise from the show they like to let them go haha at funny joke about show. hahah do you get it? it is a reference. It becomes "funny" because they like the show and it's a easy reference to the show, therefore it is funny. Comedy is not reference.
>>
>>742259564
see >>742251066
>and his name is just funny.
Seeing as this anon (not sure if it's you) remarked on Mr. Poopy Butthole's name being a contention in his favor, I furthered my previously sarcastic point that his popularity was somehow tied to his childish name. You can stop playing dumb. Or keep mudslinging over a point anybody with basic reading comprehension could grasp I don't give a shit.

I knew nothing about Mr. Poopy Butthole nor the conclusion of the episode prior to first viewing it. Let's review his scenes.
>character talks about parasites
>shot pans to Mr. Poopy Butthole
>cue bu dum, tsss.

At this point, the show cements the idea that Mr. Poopy Butthole is a gimmicky character included for the sole purpose of diverting from audience expectations.

>characters wipe out parasites
>Mr. Poopy Butthole shows up again

At this point, the show brings up a largely irrelevant character whose only purpose was a punchline and, once again, diverting from audience expectations. How devious of Dan and Justin, then, to continue writing the character as they introduced him.

>Mr. Poopy Butthole isn't actually a parasite

At this point, the show reaffirms my passing superstition that Mr. Poopy Butthole wasn't reintroduced just to be shot, given that most characters were shot offscreen.

My confusion surrounding Mr. Poopy Butthole is not out of the alleged cave man-like rage that overcame me when I realized there wasn't much to his character but a genuine perplexity as to why people think the twist that he isn't actually a parasite is so flawless.

Also: "His name is Mr. Poopy Butthole, and his appearance deviate from that name" was me poking fun at the then reasonable assumption that I was still communicating to the anon who described his name as "just funny." Considering that I already guessed the twist, I didn't have much basis to assume the "humor" and "genius" of Mr. Poopy Butthole resided within a pan shot and ironic end.
>>
This is the reason Season 3 isn't even slightly funny. http://www.thedailybeast.com/rick-and-morty-creators-how-hiring-female-writers-made-season-3-the-best-yet

>GRILL FUCKING WRITERS
>NO FUCKING REAL HUMOUR
>>
>>742260533
Youre not smarter than anyone just because they like a thing you dont. Its not healthy to think like that and its even less healthy to invent motivations for people to enjoy the things the enjoy. The way memes move through society is unrelated to how funny they are. There are plenty of very successful memes that are not and were never intended to be funny. A meme is just a very succesful social artifact, like seppuku, pepe, racial slurs, political slogans, etc.
>>
>>742260131
>missing the point entirely
Criticising Israel not criticising hamas. = criticising America who funded weapons for Israel and not criticising a group who are a terrorist organisation.
>>
File: 1501733952086.png (181KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1501733952086.png
181KB, 625x626px
>>
>>742260823
They devoted less than 20 seconds overall to the whole israel thing and in the end they never actually made any real critisizms, they just said he talk about israel. He wasnt making a point, there was no discussion had dand i would have enjoyed it less if it became more about the politics than rick being drunk.
>>
>>742260182
didn't say that it's exclusive to Rick and morty but the fact that they were so explicit about it, giving real life examples, that it has breached the fine line of slight political comedy to i'm going to criticise a real life issue In a cartoon. If Rick and Morty are allowed to make political commentary to that degree why couldn't MDE's World Peace make very subtle remarks about non specific somewhat political ideas. yes i am still sour that world peace was cancelled but my point remains.
>>
>>742246003
You are sooo behind the times. This was true like, 20 yrs ago. We're all post-post-post-post modernists now and everything is bait.
>>
>>742241139
He's also a leftist shill.
>>
>>742260533
in no way am i saying i am smarter than anyone because they don't like the thing i do it's just my opinion. i never said memes were made to be funny they became funny after the repeated process of the contextualisation of the image and or text. (remark about me being pseudo intellectual). >It's unhealthy waaaah waaah i want my healthy vitamins.
>>
>>742261279
>>742260772
oops replied to my post instead of yours.
>>
>>742240602
You act like people didnt do the same thing with tiny rick
>>
>>742260569
>the show cements the idea that Mr Poopy Butthole is a gimmicky character included for the sole purpose of diverting from audience expectations
Painful my man. The only thing he "cements" is the fact that there are still parasites in the house and the characters are already oblivious to it, cue title card. Its a fucking JOKE that kicks off the episode and the fact that you are analyzing it with the ego-strocking pretension of a man who forgot how to laugh just unpacks the whole thing. The only way you saw that opening and instead of laughing thought "who is this gimmicky character that is clearly trying to divert my expectations" is that you knew he was a character people reference over and over. You know how i know? Because then your thought process makes perfect sense. You recognize the name, you hear it said so first off you dont laugh because instead of being engaged in the funny reveal your brain is thinking "oh, thats the poopy butthole ervyone talks about", then instead of letting it sit in the back of your mind as the harmless, expectationless joke it was, it sits right as the front with you thinking "i know everyone loves this character, whats going to happen with him", which also explains how at the end its again not funny because instead of being surprised by the reveal that poopy butthole is still there, laughing, then being caught off guard by the gunshot, you are immediately analyzing and back to the fact that hes a known character and hes still around, why is he special, your mind runs through all the options, meanwhile the scene happens and yohre sitting there wondering why its funny. Just the way you argue, the way you talk, the way you have an irrarional hatred for the "fans" when they are irrelevant, makea it clear to me you spend way too much time on the internet, and everything you consume is filtered through internet reactions. Watch the show for yourself, dont think about other people, laugh at a poop joke once in a while :)
>>
>>742253320
>>742254361
>men
>>
>>742260203
Im not op...
Thread posts: 298
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.