[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>spanking considered child abuse >belting considered child

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 11

File: 1450759251535.jpg (8KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1450759251535.jpg
8KB, 125x125px
>spanking considered child abuse
>belting considered child abuse
>caning considered child abuse

Why the fuck can't you punish your kids anymore in the U.S. when they act like little shits? Just saw a mom start crying while her shit smears were screaming and throwing food in a walmart. Is this how civility ends?
>>
You....can punish your kids? You just cant BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THEM. If the only way you can think of to discipline your kid is to fucking give them CTE then you might be a shining example of why not to do it to a future generation.
>>
>>740957328
>Canning considered child abuse
Yeah, back in my day when a little shit was being a bitch we would just send him to the cannery and pick 'em up from the grocer a week later. I tell ya, this country's goin' down the shitter.
>>
>>740957570
>>
>>740957570
Kek
>>740958916
Stop being blind.
>>
>>740957328
I believe that corporal punishment actually teaches them, among other things, that violence is way to solving your problems. Which may be true, but it's rarely good way to do so.
>>
i've seen adults act just as badly as children, the sense of entitlement, egotism and ungratefulness of people in general amazes me every single time. (furthermore, its not just one particuar ideological preference as everyone seems to do it)
>>
File: 2017-07-15_15-38-53.png (976KB, 733x826px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-15_15-38-53.png
976KB, 733x826px
abuse cases are being saturated so as to clog up courts with normal families, it's a cash grab and nothing else

it also keeps pedos and actual abusers further from a sentence, eventually trivializing the concept of being a "child abuser" since the term will designate anyone who has had an encounter with family court.

It's evil, it's manipulative and jewish in nature.
>>
>>740957328
Physical response to bad behavior in children has terribly low results. It tends to end the current instance of misbehaving but does little or nothing to curb this behavior in the future. In fact according to most studies the smallest portion of children tend to not engage in behavior that resulted in physical punishment, a much larger portion steadily got worse and the largest portion showed no change.

Morality issues aside, physical punishment is terribly inefficient and yields undesirable results.
>>
File: I see you nigga.jpg (593KB, 1180x842px) Image search: [Google]
I see you nigga.jpg
593KB, 1180x842px
>>740959107
>>
>>740957328
no you can literally hut your kids as long as there's no marks. I've called the police on my 17 yo friends mom because she beat her but they said legally they can diciplone their kids any way they want
>>
>>740959963

Depends on the State, county, jurisdiction, he'll even the cop. One of the problems with the US is that there is absolutely no consistency.
>>
>>740957458
If they don't learn from a little physical punishment, they're certainly not going to learn from you taking away their phones or computers.

These little niggers are smart now -- take away their electronics and they just find more electronics to fuck around with. They learn nothing, and the "punishment" doesn't teach them squat.
>>
>>740960170
This

I know a woman who called the cops so she could "discipline" her son without him being able to fight back.
>>
>>740960760
Maybe you could try explaining why the behavior is bad, instead of just punishing it.
>>
>>740957328
because there's mountains of evidence that its bad for your kids

there are 4 basic parenting styles
>authoritarian: "do as i say because i said so"
>authoritative: "you should do as i say, heres why"
>permissive: "do whatever you want because you're my special snowflake"
>neglactful: "do whatever you want i don't give a shit"

all of them lead to loads of negative outcomes in adulthood apart from authoritative
>>
File: 1489895003945.jpg (14KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1489895003945.jpg
14KB, 259x194px
>all the sjws itt that have clearly never had children before

Children are spoiled little brats. They act like shits until they're about 10 years old; and if you don't teach them how to respect you with physical force by then, they will never grow up.

You can't teach kids to behave without physically backing it up. Threaten them all you want, but they'll get wise to it real quick when they realize you actually won't do shit to punish them.
>>
>>740957328
psychological abuse dosent leave any physical scars and its completely legal. the only downside is that youre potentially on the hook for funeral expenses when your faggot child kills itself.
>>
In my agency's area at least this isn't a problem. Varies by state though. Hell, most of our officers on a call where the kid says their parent was beating them, we'll stand by and watch and tell the parent when they start to enter legally gray territory. You can do almost anything short of putting them in the hospital. Most parents get tired before they can even go that far.
>>
>>740961168
your children don't respect you because you're a shitty parent, that's why you have to beat your kids, there are many ways of teaching your kids something is wrong without even punishing them
>>
Never got beat, turned out fine. Parents taught me that nobody likes hanging around with assholes and that was enough for me to not be an asshole. Sure there were occasions where I would act out but I would get pulled to the side and be talked to, not have the shit smacked out of me. If you can't discipline your kids without hitting them, you don't have shit kids you're just a shit parent.
>>
>>740961168
>you can't teach kids to behave without physically backing it up
no, YOU csn't teach your kids to behave without physically backing it up, the rest of us do fine, stop hitting your kids it does serious long term psychological damage

if they don't understand that they've done something wrong and you hit them it just teaches them that punishment can come from anywhere, any time, and they should be scared
>>
File: Alone Robin Williams.jpg (65KB, 911x598px) Image search: [Google]
Alone Robin Williams.jpg
65KB, 911x598px
>>740961914
>I belt my boy every day
>euphemism for masturbating
>will never have actual children
>???
>foreveralone
>>
>>740961409
>>740961785
>telling me how to parent my kids

Do you even have kids? You clearly don't, because children are terrible. I'm nice to them, buy them shit, take them out, etc, but they're still little shits. That isn't because of "bad parenting." Maybe you just don't understand that 95% of kids are little shits by nature. Just because you were a wuss when you were a kid doesn't mean everyone else is/was.
>>
>>740962112
Why the hell would you call masturbating belting your boy you sick fuck.
>>
My mom used to tie me up in a laundry bag and try to drown me in the bath tub and now I'm a proud member of McDonald's team making $8 an hour
>>
>>740962148
damn you really seem to hate your kids
buying them shit isn't the answer either

for real man you need to read some child psychology, for the sake of your kids, the way you're dealing with them has mountains of evidence linking it to higher suicide rates
>>
>>740962457
Bullshit. I got spanked and I'm fine.
>>
>>740962663
you don't seem fine
>>
i once stole £5 from my mums purse she found out because she saw my sweet cars sticker collection i got brought home and got a ass wooping and i would never consider stealing again so it worked
>>
>>740957328
"Spanking" me and hitting me with a belt gave me lifelong issues and severely fucked up my development as a person and my adulthood

there is no reason to physically strike children. take things away from them
>>
>>740962401
Good going. She taught you that you need to work for what you get. Happy to have you in the workforce instead of drinking lean and stealing from minimarts.
RIP Mike dindunuffin Brown
>>
>>740962663
http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.704.3520&rep=rep1&type=pdf
http://msue.anr.msu.edu/news/authoritarian_parenting_style

this isn't a controvercial view, its accepted as fact by all child psychologists
>>
File: lilshit.jpg (45KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
lilshit.jpg
45KB, 650x366px
>>740961106
>I WANT JUICE
>sweetie I need you to understand that you've had 7 juice boxes already
>I WANT JUICE
>sweetie we don't want you to develop juvenile diabetes
>I WANT JUICE
>sweetie please stop yelling
>I WANT JUICE
>I'm just trying to explain it to you
>I WANT JUICE

Do you see the problem yet?
>>
>>740963422
>sweetie sweetie please please

you can explain things without making yourself a doormat. you don't say please to a child
>>
>>740961157
>I read an article on buzzfeed once
>>
>>740963422
yeah, you hate kids
why do you even have kids if you hate them so much?
>>
File: tyTc1Nl.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
tyTc1Nl.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>740963559
>>
>>740963422
No problem.
>> Sweetie, just let Daddy put his dick in your mouth. You will have your juice soon enough.
>>
>>740963559
Just tell them to fuck off, works pretty well and eventually they just learn to get their own juice
>>
>>740963422
>be me as a kid
>"I want candy"
>dad "I would love to buy you that but then I could not afford buying you Nintendo games"
>never asked for anything ever

also
>be me as a kid
>behaving bad
>mum/dad "that's it. No Nintendo for you"
>kid me stop behaving bad

Damn I was so easy to manipulate.
>>
My parents escalated corporal punishment as needed. Really only physical punishment until i was like 7 or 8, by all current standards child abuse. Gave me serious violence issues and my brother anger issues.
>>
>>740963589
i did a psychology degree
its a shitty degree but it does mean i know more about this than you, there is actual evidence that authoritarian parenting leads to agressive behaviour and depression
>>
>>740963692
I like your style.
>> Fuck off, you little faggot. Get your own fucking juice.
Teaches them independence.
>>
>>740963656
>make a valid point that children don't listen to reason mid-tantrum

>ugh you must hate children
>>
>>740963910
Your claim of evidence means nothing on the internet, no offence. And how the fuck could you even do a reliable study on that, I smell bullshit momscience.
>>
>>740963951
he's literally calling them little shits, he's done nothing but complain about children this entire thread

yeah, don't give them the juice, but explain to them why you havn't because they genuinely won't understand otherwise
>>
>>740963951
Nah, you have to sit through the tantrum and make em reason. The younger this happens the easier and better. You must have patience.
>>
>>740959598
I was beat with a belt or a spatula or just a slap across the face when I did something stupid.
>Guess what?
I don't act like an entitled shit-stain
I'd say it worked
>>
>>740964059
there are hundreds of studies, we've known how different parenting styles affect children for about a hundred years now, its ridiculous to me that people still think they know better than the actual data

yeah, a lot of psychology is bullshit psuedoscience, but developmental psychology is probably the most solid branch of psychology
>>
>>740964339
My question is how do you study that, I'd say most parents don't parent the same way as their SO and even then just one parent doesn't parent the same way EVERY time
>>
>>740963838
My brother tried that with his kids and their 3ds systems.

Guess what?

They googled what to do, borrowed a laptop, and downloaded an emulator. He even had a child lock on his wireless router, and the little fuckers just used a VPN.

Kids that know how to google have literally no limitations these days.
>>
>>740964495
they generally classify the parenting styles of both parents and group their data accordingly, for example, father authoritarian/mother permissive would be a different class to both parents authoritarian
yeah the parenting classes are kind of arbitrary dividing lines but if you use large enough sample sizes its fine

we've been doing these studies for 100 years, we know how to do them, this is some of the strongest data in all of psychology
>>
>>740964605
smart kids
>>
>>740963422
This

>>740964140
Fuck you neet, I love my kids more than anything.

But that doesn't mean I don't know when they're little shits. I'm not going to beat around the bush, though. Kids are all id. You were sheltered as FUCK if you don't get what I'm going at here.

I hope you never have kids. You'd probably just give up and leave them after a couple years of them not listening to you.
>>
>>740964812
>we've been doing these studies
>for 100 years

The fuck are you babbling about? What studies? Sounds like babby just graduated with a major in psychology and a minor in business.
>>
>>740964888
"i love my kids more than anything"
>hits them
>insults them constantly
>hasn't said a single positive thing about them

"my daddy beat me and i came out fine"
>obvious anger issues
>beats his kids

you're a living example of why beating your kids is bad
>>
>>740965089

This guy isn't me anon

>>>740964888

Also he got trips so he wins.
>>
>>740965069
the literally hundreds of studies linking authoritarian parenting to all manner of negative outcomes, do a cursory pubmed search

you're better off looking at the older papers, this is so accepted as fact now that the newer ones are all like "does this affect this specific ethnic group more than others"
>>
>>740964605
Unplug the router
>>
>>740964605
Congratulate your brother for being a fucking retard and getting outsmarted by his kids
>>
>>740965089
Where did I once say I beat my kids?

I spank them and ground them when they disobey, sure, but I'm not a fucking monster.

You're grasping at straws here, fag. Go back to your childless abyss and ponder why no one will ever procreate with you.
>>
>>740957328
you can punish without beating them hopefully you know this by now
>>
>>740964605
Tell him to change the router password
>>
>>740965320
>>740965352
>>740965456
It's funny because they aren't even particularly tech-savvy kids. They just knew how to google and ask their friends.

We still laugh whenever he brings up that story.
>>
>>740962663
Don't have kids myself. The other guy is a bleeding heart, I agree, but you're fucked up dude. Your views towards your children, as expressed here, are not okay. I don't much care for you, but I worry for your kids. Do whatever you want though, just don't be surprised when your children grow up to kill your grand kids.
>>
>>740957328
>how do I raise a human child if I can't treat it worse than most would a dog
wew lad
>>
>>740965381
>has kids
>still goes on 4chan

you're probably arguing with your actual kid right now lmao
>>
File: 1454137932172.gif (1MB, 200x153px) Image search: [Google]
1454137932172.gif
1MB, 200x153px
>all these childless teenagers of /b/ telling others how to raise their kids
>conveniently forgetting how shitty they were as toddlers themselves

Ask your parents, kids. I can guarantee they'll laugh and tell you about how shitty you were when you were a munchkin.
>>
>>740966028
My kids aren't teens yet, so I hope there's enough innocence left in their minds to keep them away from this cancerous site for a few more years.
>>
>>740965677
They understand that google has the answers, they aren't as stupid as most of the people that don't realize internet is a HUGE information source, they might not be tech kids, but they are smart
>>
>>740966223
Whats the point of it, what if i told you i wasn't a little bitch like you as a kid? You won't believe me right? So fuck off faggot
>>
>>740957328
yes thats exatly how its going to happen
>>
>>740957328
>not emotionally abusing your children for punishment

You are weak!
>>
Not the OP, but I have trouble believing these studies. Plenty of parents are authoritative and use physical punishment. This has been going on longer than the studies and this while self esteem and suicide issue didn't come up until recently. I was raised by authoritative parents, I was also physically disciplined. I learned pretty quick to listen to them or else. My cousins were raised by parents that didn't believe on physical discipline and always tried to explain why their kids shouldn't act a certain way. Guess which kid is a productive member of society with a nice job and which kids had multiple DUIs and have difficulty holding down jobs.
>>
>>740966753
I've been trying to shelter my kids a little bit from the nastier sides of the web, but at the same time, I want them to experience how rough the real world can be. Plus, it's pretty hard to do when your wife insists they have smart phones to entertain long car rides and stay in contact with them (even though we hardly ever leave them unattended for long periods of time).

Any wives of /b/ have any opinion on this?
>>
>>740964286
ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE

You might know this if your parents didn't make you braindead by beating you.
>>
>>740963180
>by all child psychologists
Except for a large minority you mean
>>
File: stilgar.jpg (152KB, 1277x543px) Image search: [Google]
stilgar.jpg
152KB, 1277x543px
>>740961168
This
>>
>>740967262
> i have trouble believing studies because beating children is an old practice and because of my anecdotal evidence

Come on anon you can do better
>>
>>740961168
Pleaase, you have no idea

look at daddy-o-five, and what they did to that redhead.

Now imagine all that psychological torture instead of lulz was used for a reason.

Kids are weak little shits and NEED their parents attention. You can brake them easilly without even sweating.

Few chose words, some smirks, occasional comment and your brat will be programmed to react like you want it to.
>>
>>740968269
Physical discipline has been around forever and the world wasn't ending ad a result of it until recently. Either 1) there is now a rise in suicide and child psychological issues in the last generation or so as a result of physical discipline or 2) the rate of suicide and mental issues among kids has been steady and they just recieve more attention for it these days. If it's number 2 I would think that the method of discipline doesn't matter and there is just a certain subset of the population prone to that type of behavior regardless of parenting methods.
>>
>>740968277
>programmed to react like you want them to

Childless faggot detected.

No matter what your college psychology professor or television shows have taught you, children cannot be "programmed" to do things. They have free will, and you're fucked if you don't realize that. They'll take advantage of you if you show weakness.
>>
>>740969438
>They'll take advantage of you if you show weakness.

The point, captain retardo, is to take advantage of their weaknesses
>>
>>740969546
Their weakness is that you're physically bigger than them. Even if you don't spank/belt them when they seriously misbehave, at least pick them up and hold them at eye level while they squirm for freedom to no avail. Make them understand who is in charge.
>>
>>740957328
>beating a kid into submission
meh, fucks with them mentally and they end up being little beta shits
>talk to your kid
>stop them physically if they're doing stupid shit
>be a fucking authroity figure in the kids life
>have their respect
>less problems
Beating kids is the nigger way.
>>
>>740969738
Wow you are weak.

You are not only stronger and bigger. You are more experienced. You have a firmer grasp on reality. You are emotionally stronger. You control their food. You control their living space and conditions. You are mentaly stronger. You control their financial situation.

You do not need to beat them. You can make them wish they were beaten, easilly. For children small things can mean a fuckton. You respond to proper behaviour with stimuli, and to bad behaviour with lack, or negative stimuli. You ARE their worst bully, and they cannot run from you.

Just be ruthless, cruel and stubborn.
>>
>>740961437
My style of parenting currently.
>had parents beat as a kid
>as a teen mom (worked fedex as a loader) held me by my neck and out the window threatened to off me
>dad (carpenter with his own company) throw punches if i disagreed with him
>fucked with me mentaly
>took years of drinking and partying before i found shrooms
>3rd trip finally realise my issues and work them out myself
>don't talk to either shit bag
>have my own family now
>get calls and texts of "Hi!" "when can i see you again?" "when can i see my grand kid?"
>told my kid both his grandparents are dead.
>>
>>740970213
Where the fuck did I say I beat my kids?! Where are you getting this?

I make sure they don't fuck around, but I don't beat them.

Jesus, it's like everyone on 4Chan gets a raging erection for imaging themselves telling other parents not to beat their kids.
>>
>>740971085
Honest misunderstanding then

Fare thee well
>>
>>740964605
Because he can't just disable the wifi on his computer?

Sorry mate your brother is a fucking idiot. Hope it doesn't run in the family
>>
>>740964605
>rig all the outlets to dedicated cb's
>put lock on cb box
>turn shit off for them if they act like little shits
>watch them as they hopelessly try to keep their devices to minimal use in order to keep the battery alive
If they can work a way around it, honestly they're smart and skilled enough to keep it.
>>
Because beating children is wrong, however, spanking a woman is perfectly ok.
>>
>>740970740
Your parents sound like pieces of shit, glad you don't make your kid associate with them. Awful cunts should be locked up.
>>
>>740957328
I grew up in an abusive household where my own parents would take out their stress and pain on me by the beating the shit out of me with a belt at night, even though I didn't do anything to deserve it. I poisoned my father's pills and they never noticed since he was in the process of losing his last kidney, hastening his death. To this very moment I have no regrets. I hope the same happens to you and everyone who thinks like you.
>>
>>740957328
Only niggers in third world countries beat their kids, you can get the fuck out of the first world, inbred piece of trash.
>>
>>740972270
Cutting power to your computerized devices over and over damages them, and makes you have to replace them more often, which costs you more money in the long run. Don't do this.
>>
>>740959241
Shut up you little cockless shit
>>
>>740959626
holy shit it's actually this thread. could you niggas timestamp for us?
>>
>>740957328
You are a shitty parent if you don't know how to educate your child without recurring to violence.
>>
>>740957328

Kids copy their parent's behavior. That mom is a shitty bitch who uses screaming and tantrums to get her way, so that's what her kids do too. Have you tried talking to your children?

Good series on how NOT to be a retard who needs violence to get anything done.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONNRfflggBg&list=PLMNj_r5bccUwZY7RCZnS2e5-vjaA7wSNw

>at a flea market
>see something I like
>violence = negotiation
>"I'll give you 5 bucks for it"
>"I can't do less than 8"
>punch the guy in the mouth for not doing what you want

Surely that's not what you want to teach children
>>
>>740959481

Beating defenseless babies, that's child abuse no matter how you want to justify it. Do you advocate punching people in wheelchairs too? BAM, RIGHT IN THE MOUTH, NOW STOP BEING A CRIPPLE YOU CROOKED LEGGED FUCK. Children don't have emotional control in the first few years of their lives, all you have to do is distract them for a moment and they'll forget why they were crying in most cases.
>>
>>740963135
He's kidding u daft fucking cunt
>>
>>740961168

And then you grow old and weak and they're in charge. Good luck defending yourself.
>>
>>740961368

Isn't assault a crime where you live? Do you live in Somalia? Is a child not a person?
>>
>>740962148

>I buy them shit
>this means they have to obey OR ELSE

Have you tried reasoning with them? You know, make a promise, keep it and then when you go somewhere, make them promise you not to misbehave?

Sounds like you're a shit person, your kids copy your behavior and you blame them for it, and you're going to die alone and hated because you couldn't be bothered to read about parenting.
>>
>>740962663
Yet here you are with all of the other dysfunctional autists.
>>
>>740962663

You are literally beating on people to get them to do what you want, you are not fine.
>>
File: HNI_0033.jpg (158KB, 524x744px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0033.jpg
158KB, 524x744px
>>740957328
>spanking your kids for misbehaving is bad

>mutilating their dicks without consent is good.

why are amricans so retarded?
>>
>>740963422

So effectively you gave your child the juice boxes she asked for the previous 7 times, and now that this behavior is proven to be effective, you suddenly change the rules and expect that to work.

Have you tried being consistent?

>honey, you can have 1 juicebox if you promise to behave

That's literally all. You don't have to teach kids bad behaviors and then beat it out of them. They are not capable of processing complex information like that yet, they just see "yell I WANT JUICE, get a juicebox". You are not treating your children like people and then act surprised that they behave in this manner.
>>
>>740960170
It's almost like we've got 50 separate legal entities in America or something...

>>740960760
>kids are smarter now.
Considering we are their parents, it's doubtful.
More like they're putting up a front of bullshit and because parents today are cucked into oblivion the kids never get their card pulled. They never pay the price for their stupidity.
And then you get millennials.

>>740961106
Because kids are known for being logical and reasonable?
Not that some kids aren't, but it sure isn't all of them.
Doesntnalways work that way.
>>
>>740963951

Children lack emotional control when they're young, but when there's a tantrum that's the conclusion of a whole series of events, not the start. You just need to be consistent and display the behavior you want them to show.
>>
>>740964286

But you are acting like an entitled shitstain. You say that you have the right to inflict harm upon another person because you were harmed as a child. Do you not see that assaulting defenseless people is wrong? Do you stab homeless people? Why would you beat a child when you can just negotiate? Because it's easier? It doesn't even correct the behavior, it just means they're going to do it out of your sight.
>>
>>740965381

Spank is just a nice word for beating your kids. Grounding them doesn't correct their behavior either, since how will they learn if you don't explain anything and then consistently apply these behaviors to yourself too?
>>
>>740957328
>Why the fuck can't you punish your kids anymore in the U.S. when they act like little shits?

Because you have already failed if your kid acts like little shit. Beating won't solve the problem, only makes things worse. Simple as that.

My parents, or rather my dad, never had any skills when it came to raising his children. All he did was yell, beat and ignore. My big brother got the worse of all that and that alone made me lose all respect for my dad. Then my brother moved out and I was next. He yelled and ignored me and then he finally hit me. I have zero respect for my father and I would be happy if he simply died.

I just don't understand how beating is supposed to make things better. What is it is the easiest way to lose respect from your kids.
>>
>>740974286
Many more modern power supplies for computers have safety features to prevent voltage spikes upon failure to deliver power
It's the switch on the back of it, however straight up unplugging it is still an unadvised thing to do
>>
>>740966223

Nope, but my parents never hit me. Hitting a child raises their cortisol levels through the roof and lowers their IQ by 7 points permanently if this behavior continues throughout childhood.

Spanking is hitting a child near the sexual organs. See those "daddy girl" issues and gay degenerates? All of them were spanked.
>>
A taser works pretty good. One little click and they zap right to attention.
>>
>>740957328
Pro-tip: never have kids.
>>
Lol at everyone in this thread kids don't listen until you show them some pain in some way.

Here is the scenario your kid is misbehaving say no games today. Kids gets passed and starts breaking things in the house how are you gonna stop him/her without physical force
>>
>>740967262

Slavery was around for some 200000 years, does that make slavery okay? What's your point? Children are defenseless and dependent on their parents. They want to please their parents because not doing so can mean no resources. Children copy behavior from their parents. Children are a reflection of their parent's behavior.
>>
This is why this generation is actually the end of the human race.
>>
>>740969738

That's hilarious because your children will grow up and then you've taught them that violence is the way to get things done. Guess who is getting corrected now? Assuming they'll even talk to you any more at that point.
>>
>>740976911

That's like asking how to prevent terrorism after importing millions of muslims. You are already fucked up. The terrorism is the result of that.

How many books on parenting have you actually read? What resources have you actually looked at? Do you get off on terrorizing and beating children? Is violence just the easiest way and you don't love your kids enough to read a book about possible alternatives?
>>
>>740957328
There are different ways to punish kids,
You just got to be creative. Most schmucks these days lack said creativity.
Wife is a behavioral some or another and studies behavior in children and is able to program them to act better in society Starting from 18 months old, she has never once punished a child at her school in any shape or fashion and still manages to get them all to follow directions and have order in her classroom
>>
>>740977523

Exactly, ostracism is death to a child and their worst fear. They can't get their own food, shelter, water, medical care etc. They're entirely dependent on their parents.
>>
>>740977705
Early on you show the destructive behavior (that you can control) doesn't work on you and or on others, they realize that breaking anything when they're older wouldn't work either because they were trained to behave like that and they actually use their words for what they want versus just throwing lamps and chairs or just even screaming In the middle of a Walmart
>>
>>740973432
Not even true a little bit. Next time green text it at least.
>>
>>740977111
Or you taught them that actions have consequences beyond a stern talking to. My parents never beat me, just lectured. As soon as I found that out I walked all over them.
>>
Suddenly everyone I here is a major in child psychology and married with kids.

I'm going to just go out on a limb and call bullshit, what with this being 4chan and everything
>>
>>740977434
>comparing child raising to terrorism

This different you can't negotiate with kids they are at a stage where they are sub human they aren't logical they have to be taught that mistakes have consequences and that you are in control.

I have seen plenty of parents who think that limiting there child is punishment but it always ends with the children kicking and screaming and then breaking things to get their own way.
>>
>>740978123
>>740978394

Again, you are the sole source of resources for these kids. You can just deny them privileges if they act really out of line. At around what, 16 months? babies start to understand language. It's much easier to understand a language than to speak it. There's also books on learning to interpret baby behavior to understand what they need from you. For example, I cried a lot when I was a baby because both my parents worked and put in me in daycare and then at night, they would put me in a separate room. As soon as one of them joined me in the room, I stopped. You'd think that'd be enough of a hint what the problem was.
>>
>>740970740
Your parents sound like pieces of shit, glad you don't make your kid associate with them. Awful cunts should be locked up.

>>740976911
Doesn't happen if you're not a shitty parent.
>>
>>740970740

Good, keep these insane, violent and manipulative people out of your lives. It saves so much stress.

>>740978743

Have you seen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONNRfflggBg&list=PLMNj_r5bccUwZY7RCZnS2e5-vjaA7wSNw yet? Copy the link or it won't work due to embedding not playing lists.

It's a list full of data and interviews with experts and researchers on how to parent, what the facts around spanking are what to do instead.
>>
>>740978743
>children don't misbehave
You are objectively wrong there comes an age where children are irrational and selfish once they see you are all talk they won't respect your authority.

>being a good parent
Maybe when you have kids you will understand what it is like to have to teach them these things.
>>
>>740976218
Incorrect.

It's been found that millennial have the highest rates of starting their own businesses.
We are coming from a more accepting, willing to work together generation. One that is at the start of the Age of Information.

We are also killing off tobacco it seems as their sales among the younger generations have plumut
>>
The proper way to punish a child is through clever mental tricks to put them in their place.
If you are being outsmarted on that end you don't deserve to be a parent.

Christ even top-tier yelling abilities are worse than getting hit.
>>
>>740978709
>children thinking rational

Children are not smart people they don't think in the same way as you and I. Logically you can say okay he has control of the resources but children don't think like that in my experience. They only responded to physical in this case spanking because they are not afraid of losing something instead it makes them angry.
>>
You need to give the kids a reason to follow you
and your orders rather than beating them into order like a fucking brainless ape, pamper them with privilege then tell them that they only get it because of their good behavior. When they misbehave tell them that they'll lose said-privileges if they keep behaving poorly.
>>
>>740965089
your a pussy
>>
>>740980172
got em
>>
>>740980172
Better than my b pussy
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.