[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fat Shaming,good or bad, does it work well or not. Let's

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 233
Thread images: 49

File: Fat Shaming.jpg (366KB, 940x788px) Image search: [Google]
Fat Shaming.jpg
366KB, 940x788px
Fat Shaming,good or bad, does it work well or not. Let's discuss /b/.
>>
Fat shaming right now extends all the way down to healthy weights. I think we should change it to unhealthy/excessive-choice shaming.
>>
>>739976906
that's gay. Misinformation is the real problem.
>>
>>739976906
But the way people identify "healthy" weight is so muddled during this day and age. An example, "thicc" women
>>
>>739977086
How so Anon?
>>
>>739976791
If it ever worked, we wouldn't have made it out to be a bad thing.
But it is a bad thing, because its only effect is to make fat people feel bad.
>>
File: C6GbirPU8AAgfME.jpg (36KB, 671x671px) Image search: [Google]
C6GbirPU8AAgfME.jpg
36KB, 671x671px
>>739976791
Big boned people exist
>>
>>739976906
You think I'm gonna let you shame me for eating Carl's Jr. at least twice a week and smoking weed everyday after work? Check your privilege, faggot.
>>
>>739977196
Well being at a wieght that can potentially shorten your life and kill you isn't going to be expressed as a good thing
>>
>>739977375
I agree, but intentionally making other people feel bad about themselves for no reason is a total dick move.
>>
>>739977366
MAybe he's not reffering to you in particular but people who make bad or worse life choices as opposed to yours
>>
File: 1499631073497.jpg (43KB, 699x637px) Image search: [Google]
1499631073497.jpg
43KB, 699x637px
>>739977262
>>
fat shaming works. either they excercise more or kill themselves. both are better for everyone.
>>
>>739977499
"Don't take it personally, take it seriously" was what my father said to me at my peak weight of 400 plus pounds. If it was a good lifestyle he wuld've let me keep going with it. But it wasn't good, it was killing me
>>
>>739976791

don't shame people for being fat, but don't lie about how healthy they are to avoid making them feel bad

coming from a increasingly less fat guy
>>
>>739977783
So be fair but firm is what you're saying?
>>
>>739977686
Sounds like you got good advice from someone who cares about you. That's not fat shaming.
>>
>>739977985
"get the fuck out of bed you fat piece of shit, do i have to call green peace to roll you back in the ocean!"

Yup best motivator ever, dad of the year
>>
>>739977196
>739977196

fuck off you fucking kike

I was fat as for a year or 2, hardly realised i was so disgustingly fat, if people had just straight up told me i was a fucking lard I've have been more inclined to lose the weight.
>>
>>739976791
If it wasn't for fatshaming i would still be a disgusting piece of shit

thank you fatshaming.
>>
>>739978180
"Hardly realized I was fat"
I have some bad news, anon. You're also an idiot.
>>
>>739976791
People will respond in different ways to shaming so its not helpful or hurtful in every situation. For worst cases, shaming may make people
further entrenched in their eating disorder. I ignore physical strangeness best I can, and do not revel in shaming. - but I definitely carry a bias, as do most.
>>
>>739978152
Well, not how I'd go about it. Whatever, man- you seem smart enough to understand that what resonated for you in your exact situation isn't the same as some fuckwit thinking "Gee, I'll constantly make nasty comments about every overweight person I see..."
>>
>>739978180
How the fuck do you not realize you've become fat? For a year at that, are you retarded?
>>
>>739978215
Well how bad was the fat shaming?
>>
>>739976791
I don't think giving people shit about things is proper in most situations. Plus I think a fair amount of obesity stems from unhealthy mental and emotional feelings so shaming won't help most people.

I'm honest with people and I'd tell them they were fat if the subject arose, but I wouldn't feel the need to push an agenda on someone because I'm not a fucking faggot
>>
>>739978508
There has to be a end game to it rather than just hurling insults all the time. I catch your drift
>>
>>739976791
Fat shaming is bad, fat acceptance is bad. You should not go out of your way to shame somebody for being overweight, but if you are overweight you should recognize it is bad and there are serious health consequences. You should also realize that just because people should not make fun of you for your weight, people have no obligation to accept your weight or think you are attractive.
>>
>>739977906

sure
>>
File: 1500121954549.gif (885KB, 250x189px) Image search: [Google]
1500121954549.gif
885KB, 250x189px
fuck this pussified generation. if you weigh 500 fucking pounds you should be ridiculed for it. if you're bony as shit then you should be ridiculed for it. if you're slightly overweight (like 5-20 pounds) then there's really nothing to make fun of.

get off your ass and do a little exercising. i'm not gonna lie and say you're healthy or beautiful because you're not. i should know, i'm ugly as fuck but nowhere near fat.
>>
File: Boogie2988.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Boogie2988.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>739978626
What about this tub of lard? you gonna walk on egg shells around him as to not trigger him?
>>
There's some exciting work being done in the area of the microbiome. I'm hopeful that in a few years fecal transplants will mean the end of people being overwieght.
>>
>>739978849
What if the person ends up killing themselves?
>>
>>739976791
Stop being fat, you lazy fucks. Educate yourself on health and fitness and start taking care of your bodies. And being fat should never be classified as a disability.
>>
>>739978849
watch those edges, anon- you might hurt someone.
>>
>>739979028
But you have to admit most of what saying is true
>>
>>739976791
How would it help?

People don't do logical things when they're shamed. They're not going to think "oh well this would stop if I were just skinnier".

Instead they're just going to feel bad about themselves and go back to their comfort, i.e. food.
>>
>>739978849
You sound like a really cool guy to be around. I bet all your friends love you for you 'tell it like it is' personality and your sharp logic and wit
>>
>>739978985
why am i supposed to care? suicide is a weak answer. i don't care how edgy that sounds.

>>739979028
this new age of hurt feelings bullshit is causing people to be stupid as fuck. just look at tumblr and the state of SJWs/feminists.
>>
>>739979085
Fair point, however to keep coddling them like children isn't going to help either
>>
>>739977375
Having good intentions doesn't always have good results.

But shaming somebody is never for "good intentions". You don't shame someone into make better choices. The one shaming likely doesn't care about their subject's health, if they're ridiculing them.
>>
>>739979083
Yeah, no. Nobody "should be ridiculed." It's not helpful. And weight loss isn't as easy as "do some extra sit-ups." That takes it away, but keeping the losses long-term is nearly impossible for many people.
This anon is just making a lot of shitty noise and counting on idiots mistaking it for "truth" or worse, "wisdom."
>>
>>739979286
>this new age of hurt feelings bullshit is causing people to be stupid as fuck. just look at tumblr and the state of SJWs/feminists.

Get back to /pol/ faggot
>>
i probably weigh a stone more than I should, granted i am tall 6'4
but i can climb a ladder faster than dudes half my size and dont bitch about the heat or working long days like some dudes smaller than me. reckon being thin doesn't necessarily mean being active or fit. my brother is probably sixty lbs less than me comparable height and has a shit diet of 7 11 and mcdonalds, man just cant seem to gain weight, while others have a harder time gettin it off
>>
>>739979229
if they want my opinion on something then i won't lie to their face. i expect the same in return, because i actually value truth over being a yes man.
>>
>>739979456
A diet and mindset change are hard but not impossible. Exercise can come after that
>>
>>739977262
I have a broader, thicker skeleton than the average person. I also have higher muscle tone than the average person. Doesn't mean I couldn't lose 10-15 lbs. But after I do, my BMI will still say that I am obese.
>>
>>739979456
there's nothing hard about finding spare time in your day to do a little exercise. changing your diet (as in, laying off soda/snacks) isn't a hard change either. the only problem is commitment, and many of the 600+ pound people don't want to commit.

complaining is easier then action. that's why they deserve the ridicule they get.
>>
>>739979343
But it has to be one of the two. Coddling or shaming. There is no middle ground.
>>
>>739979627
Tell it like it isn't, anon.
You're only you. You can't know the struggles other people have. Think before you go around dispensing your ingenious advice.
>>
>>739979571
>stone

Oh a UK anon?
>>
>>739977119
BMI's from ~27 to ~17 is healthy. Most people who shame in that range are more looked as having a "body type preference" and are usually disregarded when "shaming"

Someone not being sexually attracted to someone for their body type is not shaming.
>>
>>739979988
just like not mixing races is not racism.
>>
>>739979988
BMI is bullshit and I think nearly everyone in this tread knows it.
>>
>>739979891
>Think before you go around dispensing your ingenious advice.
Anon's advice works though. There's no changing thermodynamics, less goes in less comes out. But the mindset is the most important part, that's what allows you to get to your goal weight and stay there. Its not a magical thing that happens one day and its that way forever, you must work hard to effect that kind of change in your life.
>>
>>739979456
You had me until "nearly impossible" I fucking hate this mindset. The amount of fat you have is just determined by balancing how much calories you burn and how much you take in, Either put the fork down or burn more calories, its pretty fucking simple.
>>
>>739980091
BMI is a decent way to immediately estimate the health of an average person. A 200 lb athlete who has 4% body fat will still have a high BMI, but for an office worker who has a high BMI you can probably guess he has some health issues.
>>
>>739978967
what in the name of christ are you talking about
>>
File: leslie rxn.gif (69KB, 400x313px) Image search: [Google]
leslie rxn.gif
69KB, 400x313px
>>739980136
It's getting real easy to tell the people in this thread that haven't yet grown up.
I want you to think really hard about something that is literally possible for you to do, but as a matter of practical pursuit, is not in fact possible. Something like becoming a billionaire. Is it literally possible for you to obtain a billion dollars? Yes. It is. Why the fuck aren't you there, yet, anon? Why aren't you constantly taking steps toward that goal?
I'll admit my analogy isn't PERFECT, but no analogy is.
My point, before you all pile on me for being retarded for using an imperfect comparison, is that for a fat person to lose weight is a more complicated matter than you think it is. 100% of our evolutionary programming insists that we keep that stored energy on our bodies. It's more powerful than the sex drive. Think about that. Losing weight and keeping it off is harder than a no-fap rest-of-your-fucking-life.
Think about it.
>>
>>739980507
He's had his head in toilet too long and the fumes got to him just ignore him it should be alright
>>
>>739979988
Anon, let me tell you this. I have a BMI of 20 and I am not a healthy man. BMI is complete bullshit. I have a BMI of 20 almost completely due to fat, 4 years ago I had the same BMI but it was due to my muscle mass. I am so fucking disappointed with where my body is at right now. When school starts up and I have access to a free gym I am going every day. I am not going to justify my lifestyle by saying I have a perfectly normal BMI.
>>
>>739980507
They put skinny-person gut bacteria in a fat person, and the fat person has an easier time losing weight.
Google that shit and stop being an ignorant twat.
>>
File: 1499175888898.png (520KB, 603x690px) Image search: [Google]
1499175888898.png
520KB, 603x690px
>>739980613
no, it absolutely is not the same. making a billion is not something everyone can do, but losing weight absolutely is possible. the main problem comes in one of two things:

>commitment
>knowledge

the first one is a genuine problem, because forming a habit is harder than breaking one. people also lack the second one, and think that going to the gym is the only way to exercise. it absolutely fucking is not. there are 24 hours in a day, 7 days in a week. you can easily squeeze in 5-10 minutes of doing something simple (like walking around your block) at any time in that day. as it gets easier, you apply the old FIT principles (frequency, intensity and time) and increase it as necessary.

it's not impossible anon, you're just ill informed. that is a problem in and of itself.
>>
>>739976791
Ok then, where does this fall under? All anons must answer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EwCOKAO8vYI
>>
>>739980613
>becoming billionaire
Be extremely smart, entertaining, lucky, or a combination of the three. Make near perfect choices for years and invest all your time and money perfectly in order to achieve the dream of all people in the developed world of having riches beyond worrying about money.
>losing weight
Eat less..... Profit?
>>
>>739981066
Thanks for ignoring every part of my post. Good fucking onya, m9.
>>
>>739980613
Since I'm pretty sure you also believe in "set points", I'll go ahead and let you know that for the past year a friend and I have been going to the gym religiously, fixed our diets, and have losing and gaining weight, respectively. Do not try to tell me how hard it is, it sucks fucking ass that day in and day out i have to absolutely stuff myself, my fat friend has some hard days, but overall he is much happier with himself and his life now that he's lost 70 lbs.

You have never tried, you are a weak willed faggot.
>>
>>739980935
You worded your original point of an obscure topic so poorly nobody could possibly give enough of a fuck to even try to google that.
>>
>>739976791

You don't need to be a stick and you don't need to be a tank but for the love of fuck people shouldn't be obese.

>but mah medical issue

Yeah of course you have fucking medical issues now you're the size of 3 people your age ductaped together. Your body is carrying around so much extra weight it fucks up your feet, your legs, your organs and all other types of shit.

Telling people it's ok to be obese is fucking wrong. Bring back mandatory PE classes in schools, have parents that feed their kids fatty foods cause they can't be assed done for child abuse. Actually teach people how to fucking look after themselves, eat properly and exercise rather then delude them into thinking 'hehe it's ok to be this big!' and then they can't even walk properly, can't earn an income and then become a burden on the tax dollar cause they didn't want to take care of themselves.
>>
>>739981224
your post is drivel m8
>>
>>739976791
Simple minded people choose to see the world in easy to digest black and white extremes. We either have to fat shame or we have to glorify obesity. Open borders or ban Muslims. All gun laws are bad or we should repeal the second amendment. Vote for Trump or vote for Clinton.

Those who are smart enough and open enough to comprehend the color grey know that both extremes are equally bad and sanity almost always lies somewhere in the middle.
>>
600lb whale here
>>
>>739981224
you're claiming that it's evolution's fault we're fat, and thus somehow harder for a select few to lose weight than others. i'm saying you're retarded because that statement is false.

the only difference between someone like Bruce Lee and 800 pound whale is dedication.
>>
File: awesomeshark.jpg (20KB, 400x294px) Image search: [Google]
awesomeshark.jpg
20KB, 400x294px
>>739981301
>Couldn't search "fecal transplant"
>implies I'm the dumb one
aight.
>>
>>739981066
>knowledge, but talks about exercise to lose weight

To lose weight you need a calorie deficit, the easiest most efficient thing to do is eat less with even moderate exercise only burning a couple hundred calories

Weight loss takes discipline to be mindful of what you eat all the time year over year

Exercise is good, but good for improving fitness and cardiovascular strength, not shedding pounds
>>
>>739976791
Fat shaming is an illusion. People feel ashamed when others find them unattractive, especially when it's something they can change but refuse to out of laziness. People don't go around calling fat people fat for the same reason they don't go around calling black people nigger. But just because people think, "Oh, there's a nigger, better watch my wallet," they think others are thinking, "Look at that fatty, fucking gross." Maybe it's true, but they don't know for sure, they just assume because it's human nature. The shame is internal. It has nothing to do with what others do. They are not shaming fat people any more than they call random black people niggers. This whole "fat shaming" business is fucking Orwellian. Next thing they'll be saying 2+2=5, 5's just big-boned, plus-sized and beautiful, in every way just as special as 4.
>>
>>739981224
The only decent point you made was about the evolutionary drive to consume more in-order to store energy. It is a challenge to overcome that drive, I will concede that point, but that is just a mental barrier and the actual steps to losing weight are extremely simple.
>>
>>739981389
Hot <3
>>
>>739977196
Not so. People need to be challenged. Try having the goal of them accepting the challeges you give them. Challenge them but also make sure they don't kill themselves.
>>
>>739981477
exercise increases the amount of calories burned, in addition to strengthening your muscles.
>>
>>739981389
Get some help buddy. And if you're larping, go fuck yourself or post proof
>>
>>739981237
This is the exact attitude I'm trying to address
>If it worked for me, then you're just a weak-willed faggot
That's simply not true. It's way harder for some people than it is for you. If you're getting results that you're happy with that's great!
But don't delude yourself into thinking that what you've achieved is possible for everyone. That's like T. Boone Pickens wondering out loud why poor people don't just invest more wisely and get rich like him. It wasn't easy, but shit, anyone CAN do it, right?
>>
>>739976791
If you want people to be fat then fat shame them. Especially when they're outside getting some form of exercise. That will ensure they stay fat and then you can feel a little less ashamed of your own life in comparison.
>>
File: 1494645759871.png (180KB, 378x365px) Image search: [Google]
1494645759871.png
180KB, 378x365px
>>739979456
>Nobody should be ridiculed

Agreed, but if you care about overweight people in your life, talking to them/motivating them to be healthy is a good thing.
>>
>>739981521
>>739981583
See
>>739981706
>>
>>739981477
If you bring up a new topic its on you to at least explain why its relevant. All you needed to do was a brief explanation on why fecal transplants can help the overweight. You didn't give enough information for anybody to care about your post, and you act like a pretentious ass when people question you instead of just explaining your point.
>>
>>739981731

Anyone that fatshames a person who's trying to lose weight is fucking moron.

Right now people need to be discouraged from being obese, the topic can't be ignored and the fact people are getting fatter can't be encouraged either as a good thing.
>>
Oh yeah. Im skinny and 24 and still am self concious about when i was fat. Call me pussy but it fucked me up.
>>
>>739981706
No, you are just a weak-willed faggot
>>
>>739981706
Why do you think I said "weak willed" anon? Only a very small amount of people have the medical conditions that restrict them from losing weight like the rest of us. The rest of us have a dedication problem and you can use whatever metaphors you want for that to make sense to you, but its your mindset that's holding you back.
>>
>>739981706
because your analogy isn't valid anon. there's a limited amount of ways to make money, and a lot of those lucrative options require advanced knowledge (like plumbing or programming vs being a cashier). exercise and a good diet is something EVERYONE can do.

with the fucking internet literally at the palms of our hands, it's only pure laziness stopping anyone from getting a healthy weight.
>>
>>739977196
>its only effect is to make fat people feel bad.
Wrong. It's other effect, and this is the important one, is this: it lets fat people know they are not attractive. It's no different in principle from simply rejecting someone's sexual advances, except that it is done preemptively in some cases. It is simply a means of expressing one's preferences. If people have a right to express preferences, they have a right to fat shame people, because that is simply an expression of a preference.

In a free society, people are free to prefer what they want, and to express that preference. You do not have the right to be protected from that expression if you decide to interact with people who may hold those preferences. If you can't deal with that, go be a fucking hikki and hide in your basement.
>>
>>739981066
>forming a habit is harder than breaking one
I disagree. Forming a habit is easy, that's why most fat people are fat.
>>
>>739981817
>Chemistry is different for different people

Consuming slightly less calories than you burn in a day will let you lose weight slowly and steadily. Consuming the same number of calories that you consume will stop you from gaining extra weight.

This is true for everyone. It is only hard if you make it hard.
>>
>>739981706
Look, you keep throwing around the word possible, and thats what irritates me. You imply that its impossible for some people, not just challenging but impossible. Thats just not true, every person to ever have existed can lose extra weight just by eating less. The human body is not magic, if you take in less energy than you use your body will not produce energy from nothing, it will use stored energy and burn fat. I watch a lot of shows like my 600 lb life and the ones that fail are always the ones that say its impossible, the ones that succeed are the ones that rise up the the challenge and take those simple steps to improve their life.
>>
File: 1499487145270.png (153KB, 428x329px) Image search: [Google]
1499487145270.png
153KB, 428x329px
>>739982408
fine, let me rephrase. breaking an addiction is harder than forming a healthy habit.
>>
>>739981706

How many people ACTUALLY can't lose the weight though?

Struggle? Fuck yes. It can take YEARS of watching what you eat, working out daily, going to a dietitian to find out what foods work with your body and what don't (my mother can't eat grains otherwise she'll gain weight even if it's just the smallest thing).

The majority of people choose not to lose weight. They don't wanna put in the effort of thinking through a meal plan, they don't want to put in the effort to do just 10 minutes of exercise a day. They don't want to have to say no to a tasty treat.

SOME people can't lose the weight but the amount of people that actually can't is far far lower then what people want you to know.
>>
File: fascinating.jpg (37KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
fascinating.jpg
37KB, 500x354px
>>739982020
>>739982022
Okay, First of all I'm 33 years old, 6'0" and 156 lbs.
I've never been overweight.
I've known a lot of people who've had issues with it, though. I'm a teacher. I've seen things, and I've learned things.
Weight loss is something that some people can do with relative ease, and some people can't.
Most people I've met that could shed pounds and keep it off long term started off as lazy fatshits that just got their lives together.
But I've also met a lot of folks who were active enough and made good diet choices and just couldn't lose the weight.
I'm not a doctor, but I know enough to say that body fat is a complicated issue sometimes. It's connected to the microbiome, genetics, and how we handle stress; in addition to the simple calories in/calories out math. Give people some credit. There are lazy fatshits in the world, yes. But many folks have it harder than that.
>>
>>739976791
Fat shamed my gf into losing weight. Went from nearly 300 pounds to only 4 pounds after the funeral.
>>
>>739982544
those who couldn't lose the weight were lying to you and themselves. there's nothing hard or mysterious about how the human body and calories interact.
>>
>>739982524
The majority? Really?
YOu think the majority of overweight people simply choose that lifestyle?
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 707x417px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 707x417px
>>739982566
My uncle's face after reading your post
>>
There is no fat person in reality no matter what they say that actually like being overweight. I have never heard one person say in real life or the internet I am happy being fat.As others have said there is no need to "shame" fat people because they already know they are unattractive to almost anyone on the planet because of their weight.

I used to be big. Like really big because I was scared to leave my room and when I did leave my room I felt like every inch I walked I was being judged and i was lesser to anyone else on the planet. All people telling me I was a fat ass or making a comment on my weight did was make that thought I had in my mind I was being judged non stop a reality, and I sat in my room and just did not even remotely have the bravery to go to the gym and I just sat and ate the same shitty food that was brought to me. It was no until I met someone who took me to the gym with them that I had confidence in myself and never made a comment really but told me looking good over and over and I slowly changed, I tell you what never made me change, the jokes friends and family made about me. Being fat is not something you should accept as a society but just making fun of people will neither help or fix the problem.
>>
>>739982544
>and some people can't.
these people are not taking it seriously
>started off as lazy fatshits that just got their lives together.
these people realized it was serious and took it seriously
>were active enough and made good diet choices and just couldn't lose the weight.
does not compute. there's likely a lie here
>body fat is a complicated issue sometimes.
where it gets stored is a complicated issue. why you have it or not is not, you're simply over eating and not burning the extra calories off. there is no myth, a calorie is a measure of energy, fat is a method of storing energy. less calories, more fat burned, less fat existing.
>>
>>739982729
See, based on this comment, I think you're no older than 20.
Nobody with any amount of real experience in this world could think this way.
>>
>>739982804
This.
>>
>>739982760

Yep. Cause guess what, it's fucking easy to be fat. You eat whatever you want, however much you want and you don't exercise. It's fucking easy and it's becoming acceptable with this whole fatacceptance junk.
>>
>>739976791
it works, if you take it personal, good or bad, that means you are the problem itself.
>>
I got a bmi of 17, get fucked fattassea
>>
>>739982524
Don't justify his retardation. There is not a person alive who cannot lose weight. The idea that people can't lose weight is so bass akwards it actually conflicts with one of the most basic laws of our universe, energy cannot be created or destroyed.
>>
>>739977196
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAH OH ANON HAHAAHAHHAHAAH FAT FUCK
>>
>>739982933
>mfw mine is 31
>>
>>739982760
People chose to be overweight like people chose to be pack a day smokers
>>
File: 1406060021509.gif (933KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
1406060021509.gif
933KB, 500x255px
>>739976791
It's just bullying, really. The desire to change one's diet and take control of their health has to come from within, and being badgered about it non-stop isn't likely to do it.
>be me
>be 2015, January
>medically obese at 228 lbs
>suffer stomach pains all night at one point
>can't even get out of bed
>decide to make a change
>fastforwardtonow.exe
>be me
>146 lbs
>almost medically underweight, but can wear *anything* now
>remaining family and society shames me for being 'too skinny' now
Not entirely sure where I was going with that....
>>
>>739982865

>simply overeating

It also has to do with what food you're eating. Depending on your body something that others can eat normally or in a decent amount will make you gain weight even if it's hardly anything.

My mother can't eat bread. It's that simple. She WILL gain weight even if she has a sandwich.

Which means sadly my genetics are also fucked and I'm learning to not eat bread and grains
>>
>>739982865
>Human biology is literally as simple as input-output.
Protip: It isn't.
But you're not going to believe me, because there's a kernel of truth in what you're saying, and for that you'll cling desperately to it, in the name of winning this disagreement and being right.
I hope that feeling of internet satisfaction was worth remaining ignorant of the larger truth, anon.
>>
>>739978967
>>shoving shit up your ass to cure you from shoving too much shit down your throat.

I hope they don't cure obesity because if you're actually in shape you exist on a higher level in this obese ridden society. Its great being treated better cuz so many people are so fat.
>>
>>739978180
Holy moly the autism on this one
>>
>>739981520
This guy gets it.

Fat shaming is what they call it when someone is reminded that they're ashamed of themselves, and no one can control that but them.
>>
>>739976791
No one does this.
Half the people at the beach are chubby.
>>
File: CAVE_GOBLIN_GRUNTILDA.jpg (210KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
CAVE_GOBLIN_GRUNTILDA.jpg
210KB, 1280x720px
>>739977262
reminds me of this
>>
>>739983190

Is it bully if it's actually reality? Being overweight is not a fucking good thing. It's long term killing people. Why should it be encouraged or even tolerated? Maybe the threat of being fatshamed in the future will make one nearly chubby kid go 'well fuck better start changing otherwise I'll be one of those people who can't even get out of bed in the morning'
>>
>>739983232
Please do go on, I'm very curious as to where you're going with this
>>
>>739983349
this was not the picture I ment but now thats the image you are getting.
>>
>>739983232
Eat less calories than you burn=lose weight.
This is how it works unless you have a thyroid problem/low testosterone etc. It can be mentally hard to do that, but it works if you stick to it.
>>
>>739983349
I'd do her
>>
Shame everyone because they fucking deserve it.
>>
>>739983232
Yeah, there's plenty of factors that come into play for sure. it still boils down to cico as its the simplest rule about weight loss. the fucking twinkie diet works, i don't know what to tell you.
>>739983194
That's unfortunate anon, certain medical issues like that do make it harder.
>>
File: BECAME_LIGHTBULB.jpg (234KB, 1088x1920px) Image search: [Google]
BECAME_LIGHTBULB.jpg
234KB, 1088x1920px
>>739983430
fuck it though you can have the other two
>>
>>739983232

Well what exactly is it then? If I eat shitty food too much (or if I'm susceptible to a certain food and eat a small amount) then I'll gain weight. If I eat the right stuff in the right amounts I'll lose weight or remain the same weight that's healthy.
>>
File: image.jpg (118KB, 720x732px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118KB, 720x732px
>>739976791
>Everyone who supports fat shaming

Bunch of losers that need to stand over someone
>>
File: 1500133968691.png (460KB, 679x758px) Image search: [Google]
1500133968691.png
460KB, 679x758px
>>739981520
Next they will be saying we have 72 genders.
>>
>>739983232
>>739983194
Some people metabolize energy faster, some slower. Some people are more likely to put on weigh, other will have a harder time taking if off. But there is one truth for all people and that is taking in less calories than your body consumes will overtime lead to weight loss. The body can not create energy from nothing and if needed will burn stored energy in the form of fat. For the body to behave any differently it would violate the first law of thermodynamics, which is an impossibility
>>
File: NO.jpg (334KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
NO.jpg
334KB, 1920x1088px
>>739983598
>>
>>739982868
While its true some people have an easier time than others when it comes to losing weight or gaining muscle mass, it's not impossible.

The people you're describing just have to work harder for the same results.

My body has a high fat retention rate compared to room mates, I had to work twice as hard as him to get to a similar body weight. It's do able if you're willing to put in the work. Some people aren't though.
>>
>>739983559

Yeah fucking sucks and I am actually overweight already. The idea that I'm carrying around over 30kg extra is just disgusting.

But I'm making a change. No more shitty good, keeping a food diary, cooking every meal and keeping track. Exercise is important to for me but sadly my foot's fucked atm (partly from weight) so while I'd love to do running I need to do smaller exercises. But hey. 1 step at a time.
>>
>>739982790
>cremation
>>
>>739983375
Yes, it's bullying; everyone has one or more (or several) flaws, but you (not you specifically) only focus and badger someone for one of those flaws that happens to be (for whatever reason) hated by a large chunk of society. People smoke and drink, but we don't shame them for that; in fact, we encourage it, and sell ourselves out to massive corporations that help us do those self-destructive habits. We dare not shame them or the corporations that perpetuate such lifestyles, and in fact, even go so far as to claim that our 'success' as a society is predicated on being able to live such self-destructive lifestyles, including gluttony.

Long story short, everyone's body changes, and everyone has one thing or another they're insecure about or that needs fixing. Leave it to them to recognize it as a 'problem' or not, and they can choose what to do about it themselves. Otherwise, it's just verbal masturbation to rip on someone for something that would otherwise have nothing to do with you.
>>
File: 1257746192947.jpg (25KB, 340x306px) Image search: [Google]
1257746192947.jpg
25KB, 340x306px
>>739983423
I already laid it out-
In addition to diet and exercise, weight gain or loss is determined by a host of other factors, including but not limited to stress, environment, microbiome and genetics.
The diet and exercise meme is especially pernicious because it's mostly true and every simp can understand it. Doctors and researchers are still struggling to get their collective heads around the microbiome- which literally can affect your personality. That's my favorite one, btw- the microbiome. Fucking nuts what it can do to you, and there's decades of study yet before we know what that shit's all about.
>>
>>739983631
Maybe millions
>>
>>739983452
Here you go anon, have the whole lot. https://imgur.com/a/5DfAV
>>
>>739977686
Damn, that's a good quote.
>>
>>739983835
Its not a meme you fucking retard its a fact. Everything you just listed only effects how much time or effort the diet and exercise approach to weight loss will take, but it does not make it untrue.
>>
>>739983762
Good on you, keep it up! Papa anon is proud. Just get that diet down and the hard part is over with. Look into some body weight exercise routines later and then maybe lifting, but whatever you do keep it fun.
>>
>>739981462
>talking about putting literal shit from one person into another
>argues about who's the dumb one
this has to be an elaborate troll.
>>
>>739984108
>memes can't ever be facts
aight.
>>
>>739983765

>smoking

Yeah smoking is extremely discouraged where I am, you will be fined if you smoke in the wrong place and in a car with children

>drinking

Yup correct alcohol consumption is also encouraged, you fuck up on liquor you get charged and if you can't control you're drinking you should go to AA

You wanna be a drunk or a fatty or smoke go right ahead, just don't be a burden on society when you go "I can't fit here, I can't do this it needs to be changed to suit people of my weight, why are things not advertised for MY size, I need to be on welfare cause I'm unable to even walk properly because I got too fat and didn't change it"

People aren't even doing anything to stop kids becoming obese and you think it's hard for an adult to change their habit ho boy those kids are fucked.
>>
>>739984120
literally what the fuck is google.
>>
>>739984120
Fecal transplants are real, no?
>>
>>739984116

Yeah I got told to not think of it as a diet but as a life choice, my body is a temple. and yeah I will defiantly start exercising, I put on even more weight since Christmas and that was the final straw.
>>
>>739984270
the burden of proof is not on me
>>
File: Untitle434red.jpg (149KB, 963x758px) Image search: [Google]
Untitle434red.jpg
149KB, 963x758px
>>739984342
Holy shit you lazy fucking cuntmuffin.
>>
>>739984337
That's the exact mindset you need, if you fully adopt it you'll see improvements everywhere in your life and I can't recommend it enough. Remember that its all worth it and godspeed.
>>
>>739976791
being a person of size, currently sitting at 350 lbs, i can say, who really cares.

i've lived all my life with people calling me fat, round, wide load, fat ass. I've been told my weight is unhealthy and im at risk for many illnesses.

Some times people need to be told these things, if someone you know talks to you about your weight take that shit to heart. understand that they arent saying it to make you feel like shit. they fuckin care about you.

if some random asshole tells you that youre a fat shit, so the fuck what they dont know you.

im not gonna sugar coat the truth, because id fuckin eat it, but being fat isnt good, sure id be nice to fit in a pair of size 34 pants but its really up to the individual.
>>
I'm a fat guy.

Also, richest guy in this thread.

Married to a 10/10 doctor.

Better to have money, to eat what you want, drink what you want, and do what you want.
>>
File: 64261-kintaro_oe_large.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
64261-kintaro_oe_large.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
>>739984243
>being fined for smoking
Singapore?
>drinking
That's not entirely my point though; we live in a society where excess consumption is simultaneously encouraged and shamed, and given some 'middle way' of "moderation." At the same time, the very people shaming others for being overweight aren't very health-conscious themselves 90% of the time, and usually have a number of underlying health problems they ignore or otherwise fail to address/fix. "Damn you for being fat!," they say, right as they smoke 2 cartons or drink another bottle, or even take another bite of their favorite microwaved chicken sandwich. It's the hypocrisy, in that regard, that I don't like, especially when they go so far as to shame those of us who worked hard to *be* skinny (like myself) by claiming we're 'too skinny.'

Granted, *you* might need welfare for whatever reason, but what if people started shaming your handicap? What if they began to write legislation based on that shaming to forbid you from getting much-needed care, telling you that you'd be better off dead instead of being a 'strain on the economy?' There are a number of factors leading one to be obese. I was lucky to be able to lose the weight I did and keep it off for a number of reasons, not just working out excessively and eating on a 900 calorie a day diet.
>>
>>739984270
Explain your fucking point you social retard. Then maybe people will be interested enough in what you are saying to google it. You are the worst stereotype of somebody slightly into any scientific field. You bring up obscure shit and mock others for not knowing what you are talking about and rather than hold a conversation with others and explain it to them you just tell them to google it. If your whole goal in life was to imitate Sheldon from the bing bong theory you are right on track. If you don't want to emulate media's finest example of a complete social reject then change your approach to life.
>>
File: image.jpg (142KB, 800x739px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142KB, 800x739px
>>739976791
Lol health minister
>>
>>739984273
>>739984120
>>739984601
I am in shock.

I stand corrected anon. I am sorry. Please excuse me while I vomit.
>>
>>739984768
>Also, richest guy in this thread.
Not everyone here is a NEET friend.
>>
File: 1500692378527.jpg (55KB, 640x528px) Image search: [Google]
1500692378527.jpg
55KB, 640x528px
>>739985017
Reminds me of this one
>>
>>739984977
Dude, chill. I didn't mock anyone.
Also lets remember that this is /b/, so maybe come down offa that high horse before you lose sight of the ground?
Finally, this is the internet. If you're interested in what I say you can use google. Or try *not* insulting me and just say "Hey, what's a fecal transplant? I've never heard of that."
>>
>>739984801

No not in Singapore

and in all honesty yeah you can have your own vices, fuck a thinner person might smoke daily, might have a drink or 2 every night, might not 100% watch their diet but hey they're probably healtheir then the 10 year old that's a mini sumo wrestler in the making cause 'his ma and pa like making him sketi and butter"

being fat is not a handicap, being fat is a choice. It's an easy one to make to get fat and losing the weight is hard as fuck but it is possible. I think there should be laws against allowing your children to become obese, it's child abuse you're fucking up their entire body because you can't be assed to look after them and teach them how to eat and look after themselves.
>>
File: Mario.jpg (256KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Mario.jpg
256KB, 1920x1280px
>>739985259
>dietitian
>pic related is new head of USDA science division
>>
>>739984679

Thanks anon and already just after a week I'm feeling better. I'm waking up faster, less bags under my eyes and I'm really enjoying the food I'm cooking every meal I just wish to all hell my foot wasn't fucked by hey with time that should heal but not until I lose the weight
>>
File: lowfive.jpg (50KB, 472x400px) Image search: [Google]
lowfive.jpg
50KB, 472x400px
>>739985094
It's just sticking healthy poo into your busted up shitter.
It's good for you, and there's evidence that it could even change your personality.
Imagine the possibilities!
>>
>>739985466
Fucking nice.
>>
>>739983349
Queen of /b/.
>>
File: 1500174984233.jpg (245KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1500174984233.jpg
245KB, 960x960px
>>739985405
We need to go after those corporations that cater to children (especially) to do that, I think. Changing their ads, actually tell people what's really in the "food,"* showing the process, etc and of course, encourage at-home cooking instead of feeding into the fast-food 'culture.' Personally I've boycott fast-death restaurants, and encourage others to do the same. When they start losing profits, that's when they'll change....or just go under completely.

*Like when McDeath's says "now with 100% beef!," but that doesn't really explain what they were using BEFORE
>>
>>739985359
If you are the same guy from earlier in the thread you called somebody an ignorant twat for asking what your original post was about. You barely explained your self and did it in a patronizing way.
>>
>>739984342
No, son, your burden is much worse. Your is ignorance.
>>
File: kaneklapqo6.gif (189KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
kaneklapqo6.gif
189KB, 320x240px
>>739986006
>>
File: 1499208311700.jpg (47KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
1499208311700.jpg
47KB, 640x445px
>>739985847

Tests reveal Subway chicken strips and oven-roasted chicken contain just 43 percent and 54 percent chicken, respectively. The remainder is soy and other filler ingredients

On average, fast food chicken contains about 25 percent less protein than home-cooked chicken breast, thanks to water infusions and fillers. Fast food chicken also contains surprisingly high amounts of refined starches and sugars.

Thousands of studies link unfermented soy to a wide range of health problems. The majority of soy grown is also genetically engineered and may be heavily contaminated with carcinogenic herbicide
>>
>>739984801
Not him. Eating 5 huge burgers and drinking your weight in sugar-acid-water every week and never exercising is not a fucking handicap. It's poor self-control. Quit trying to justify being morbidly obese, ham planet.
>>
File: 1296265269739.png (27KB, 477x387px) Image search: [Google]
1296265269739.png
27KB, 477x387px
>>739986006
Oh, yeah. I guess I did.
My bad.
Dude was a twat, tho. Came at me about that shit instead of asking or searching.
>>
File: 1500507096938.jpg (177KB, 848x600px) Image search: [Google]
1500507096938.jpg
177KB, 848x600px
>>739986297
>ham planet
I'm 6'0," and 146 lbs. I *was* a ham-planet.
>>
>>739977119
I like when women have a large ass, hips, and thighs, but her stomach, arms, and everything above her hips need to be thin and petite

what does this fall under? If I like spoon shaped bitchs but only in those areas? Fat bellies are disgusting
>>
>>739986436
Your skinny as fuck dude. Im 6'3", 160 lbs and still a stick.
>>
>>739979779
BMI is a crap estimate, and should never be taken as a final word. For instance, In the military, if you fall outside the expected weight range, they bring out the calipers. That's a much better way to measure body fat, for those with strong, muscular builds.

Or just use your eyes. It's not you can't look at someone's belly and arms and so on, and see whether they're overweight.
>>
File: trump FATUS.jpg (44KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
trump FATUS.jpg
44KB, 480x471px
>>739985466
Olla ipsa ollera legit.
–Catullus
>>
>>739986436
Then why are you arguing in favor of the people I described? Some people are fat, lazy sacks of shit with no ambition. They should be informed of such.
>>
ain't never seen a fat person starve to death, so y'all are fulla shit if you say you "can't" lose weight.

fuckin' lazy, gluttonous pieces of shit who deserve to feel bad, i tell you what
>>
>>739986731
Yeah. Now I can wear skinny jeans, finally.

>>739986825
Because it takes personal determination to make the change, not onslaughts of bullying and shaming by society. Maybe I'm biased after growing up/coming from a life of ridicule for a number of other things, but I just don't see the point in shaming anyone for their bodies.
>>
>>739986299
This is the Internet. Your mommy isn't going to cut your food up for you here, nor is she going to feed you. You have a question? Then look for the answer. Telling someone else it's their responsiblity just because they said something you didn't understand is just too fucking MuriKKKan to tolerate any longer.
>>
>>739987015
fuck you pussy. i'm short. i've been ridiculed my whole life for something i CAN'T fucking change. quit whinging and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

god, if all i had to do was eat less to be tall, i'd be fucking godzilla
>>
>>739985847

But it's not just the cooperations its the parents. As I kid I grew up with ads for Maccas toys, KFC ads all that jazz and even though my mother would let me have a treat every now and then SHE was the reason I didn't eat shitty food. She would work all day, pick me up from school (later I'd bus it home and she'd meet me there) and cook a homecooked meal basically 7 days a week.

We didn't keep sweets in the house, no soft drinks of any kinds (the worst we had was cordial), my snacks would be homecooked too and when I'd take them to school the kids would be jealous as fuck because I had home made shit while their parents just chucked in junk they bought of the store shelf.
>>
File: science!.jpg (58KB, 800x585px) Image search: [Google]
science!.jpg
58KB, 800x585px
>>739987172
That's kind of my position on the matter.
But this is also /b/, So I kind of expect that if I present someone with new information, they'll call me a retard and bark about how awesome that sick burn was.
>onlypretending.gif
>>
>>739987015
>I just don't see the point in shaming anyone for their bodies.
for the lulz
>>
As a fat person let me tell you, i once 'liked' myself because people try to install a belief in fatties that it's okay to be unhealthy, obese and over all disgusting, but after being awoken into reality, guess what? I started working out, i'm eating healthy, and i'm changing for the better.

People can change and lose weight and sadly sometimes bullying is what gets their eyes open and asses off the couch.
Lost 10 lbs. need to whip my ass into shape, hell when i run on the treadmill i mentally degrade myself to make myself push forward and not stop.
>>
>>739982544
I'm betting its insulin resistance in the people you say "made good diet choices and couldn't lose the weight".

Carbs and sugars work horribly in their diet and leads them to consume more than they burn. Nobody violates the law of thermodynamics. They just need to eat foods that work better with their body. I'd bet money that if they went ketogenic they'd lose weight. I was one of those fatasses. For years I'd run 3 miles every other day and "watch" what I ate, but me and carbs don't work and I never lost any significant weight. When I switched to ketogenic in 5 months I went from 240 to 160 running 3 miles every other day and intermittent fasting. It did the trick and here I am 4 years later and I have put on about 15lbs from lifting. Carbs are the devil for some people. You gotta find out what foods work for you and eat at a caloric deficit no matter what. You will always lose weight that way.
>>
>>739987015
You shouldn't shame people for things they literally have no control over. That being said: I grew up a fat, poor ginger. Bullying is an effective, of mean, form of forcng people to confront what they've become blind to. Obese people are killing themselves and passing their terrible habits onto the future generations of humanity. Fat shaming is not only good, but an evolutionary necessity. The fat men can outrun predators, their minds are slower and clogged with junk, and they cripple healthcare systems. They warned their ridicule. All they had to do was form self-control and make a conscious effort to improve and maintain themselves.
>>
File: IMG_4450.jpg (343KB, 647x3193px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4450.jpg
343KB, 647x3193px
>>
Yeah fat shaming is good, it either makes the fatty motivated for change or a depressed bag of shit, either way it's pretty top kek

watch?v=TxStq0yWDQU
>>
>>739987410
You know you are just insulting a 6 foot man with almost no body fat right? I don't see what you stand to gain from this other than sounding like a raging midget.
>>
>>739987410
You were ridiculed for being short. I was ridiculed for being tall with big feet, and never playing sports. Everyone's going to find *something* to rip about.

Also, Pulgasari is more powerful than Godzilla.

>>739987481
Yes, the parents as well. They've been conditions by a 'gotta-have-it-now' society to the point where they just toss anything in a microwave. Or, if they're away from home or just can't be bothered to cook, they run out to the nearest fast-death restaurant (as advertised) and buy whatever the "special" is. I have a niece who, by the age of 4, would only eat chicken nuggets from Wendy's, and nowhere else. Like, nowhere at all. Of course, her parents facilitated that kind of behavior, even going so far as to go fetch those nuggets in the middle of the night. They'd look at me crazily if I told them I've boycott fast-death restaurants. Also of course, that niece is now about 14 and has a visible gut.
>>
>>739987510

Good on you anon! and yes a lot of people don't wanna hear that they're unhealthy, that they're disgusting but fucking hell if I accepted this whole 'love yourself at any size' I'd be even bigger then I am now and it's already unacceptable. Luckily my mother's been encouraging me from essentially birth to stay healthy but when I moved out I was a dumbass, ate way too much of the wrong shit and didn't exercise at all. Now reality has set in and I need to get my shit into gear.

Try listening to some "Fat Acceptance" vids on youtube, it's pretty good incentive to not be like them.
>>
File: 1500509108052.jpg (74KB, 960x702px) Image search: [Google]
1500509108052.jpg
74KB, 960x702px
>>739987610
I'd have to disagree; if fat-shaming were truly as effective as it's thought, then all of the kings and other monarchs throughout history would have been /fit/, instead of generally looking like Henry VIII.
>>
>>739987823

Hence why I feel like the parents should honestly be punished if their kids are overweight, there's no need for it and it really fucks with them later on in life. I might be a fatass now but before I left home at 18 I was even classed as 'healthy' on the bmi scale
>>
>>739987610
Can't outrun*
They earned their*
>>
>>739984210
A fact cannot be "pernicious" can it?

Or are you saying it's a harmful fact?
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 570x587px
>>739976791
But big is beautiful
>>
File: organic-vegetables.jpg (161KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
organic-vegetables.jpg
161KB, 640x480px
>>739988138
I see. Well, yeah, parents *do* need to be reprimanded or something for allowing it, but then they'd claim that's overreaching their rights to parenting, which is why I'd say we need to go after the businesses with a vengeance.
>>
>>739988065

But wasn't that the point of being king? Look however you want while you gorge on food, women and wine while ruling over your kingdom? While everyone else is stick thin cause they need to work every day from the point they're able to walk to the day they eventually succumb to exhaustion, starvation or disease.

Fatniss used to be sought after because it showed you had an abundance of food and wealth because you didn't need to work like a normal peasant.
>>
>>739988065
You can disagree all you'd like. I'll go with facts.
>Humans are social/pack animals who hold the views of their peers as important.
>Being overweight is detrimental to both the overweight person and their peers.
>If the pack rules you defunct, it WILL hurt your feelings and show you you are not on equal footing with your peers.
From there, it's up to the outcast to decide to defect or adapt. Evolutionarily, adapting and staying in a pack is the better answer. You can thank HAES and shit for the message not being as strong and convincing pack members that their physical state is acceptable, when it's clearly, naturally not. Abundance in the presence of those with no self-control will always lead to overindulgence. King Henry needed a treadmill, too. He just had too much wealth and power for anyone to be brave enough to tell him.
>>
>>739988382

It shouldn't be overreaching though, if I beat my kid because I'm sick of them crying then I'll be arrested, if I feed my kids shit and let them become obese leading to massive mental and health issues in the future, shouldn't I be punished too?
>>
File: fried chicken taco.jpg (39KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
fried chicken taco.jpg
39KB, 640x479px
>>739988455
Exactly, that's why I say it's a hypocrisy on society's part: being fat is a sign of our 'success,' but at the same time, a sign of our weakness and over-indulgence. We shame people on an individual-level for something we take pride in on a national-level (because, hey, at least we're not like those starving [insert Global South society here] folks!).

>>739988638
You could be, but ours is a society that caters to the interests of the wealthy. And right now, the wealthy wants us overweight, sedated, complacent, and "happy" for being so. Only when something conflicts with corporate interest will it be viewed as a 'problem.'
>>
>>739989292

Except that back in those days it was acceptable, now days it's not a sign of wealth or success, I'm overweight and all I've accomplished so far is passing grade 12 and holding down a steady job.

Times change, what's was once considered beautiful and successful now will change within a century at most.
>>
File: 1499450878525.jpg (37KB, 404x514px) Image search: [Google]
1499450878525.jpg
37KB, 404x514px
>>
File: tumblr_oig1ugLRk81vlks32o1_1280.jpg (87KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oig1ugLRk81vlks32o1_1280.jpg
87KB, 960x720px
>>739989669
Another reason I discourage shaming: entropy. Everything changes, we're all eventually going to die (some sooner than others), so I don't really see a point in shaming people who are sometimes twice my size. I'd imagine they'd die before me, but I could just as easily die before them from something else.
>>
File: 1491791731603.jpg (191KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1491791731603.jpg
191KB, 1200x1600px
>>
File: image.jpg (5KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5KB, 125x125px
>>739976791
Would you fuck her? Or would be too busy fat shaming her?
>>
>>739989903
stop shaming humans you damn ant ableist
>>
>>739989852
>The laws of thermodynamics somehow apply to my habitual abuse of caloric intake and adoption of a lifestyle less active than a turtle.
Nigga, what?
>>
>>739989852

Because if you become overweight suddenly life has to change, after all, you've made the choice to not change yourself, so now the world has to change around you. Seats to small on a plane? Fuck that they need to change and not ask you to pay extra. At age 30 and can't get out of bed or wash yourself correctly, pft don't worry, we'll send over someone who's government paid by tax dollars from people who are willing to look after themselves to clean you while we also give you money to keep being a fat useless human.
>>
>>739979456
You're fucking retarded. Literally everyone can lose weight. There is no fucking excuse. Eat less than you work off. Jesus fucking Christ. It's not hard at all. Eat slightly less, walk to the store occasionally instead of driving. Fucking retards.
>>
Once again, the wealthiest person in this thread is a fat person.

The only people who should be shamed are the poor. I eat, drink, and do what I want.

You poorfags need to worry less about their neighbor, and more about why they're too lazy and stupid to better themselves.
>>
>>739990301
Citations, faggot? Bill Gates is loaded and skinny. Wasn't very hard to kill that argument.
>>
>>739990117
Change over time. Emptiness. Nothing really mattering in the grand scheme of things.

>>739990162
Again, these same things could apply to anyone for any handicap.
>>
>>739990800
If nihilism is your excuse for being fat you might as well go full Elliot Rodgers and murder random people. Because nothing matters right?
>>
>>739990800

Except one's a personal choice that people accept and choose not to change and the other is either something they're born with or from an accident that they probably didn't want to happen.
>>
>>739990301
You are a fat man-child and a shell of a person. If you have to validate yourself to anybody on this site you are not truly happy. Now fuck off
>>
>>739990800
I hate to tell you this, faggot, but statements on energy states of closed and open systems is not to blame for a 3 AM 5-burger run. You're not being deep or transcendental. You're shifting the blame to static fucking physical properties.
>>
>>739976791
i stay at home to avoid feeling gross because i am a fat boi
>>
>>739990959
But I'm not fat. Again.

>>739990993
I won't say anyone's born predestined to be overweight, but there are a number of socio-economic factors as well that can contribute to obesity, including a lack of education or access to being able to keep off the weight. As said before, I've been extremely lucky to have been able to, and it was more than just working out constantly.
>>
>>739991356
So your argument is...It's ok for the poor, stupid fatties to be fat...Because they're poor and stupid.
Brilliant.
>>
>>739991356

It's not hard to buy fresh food. Schools should teach the kids but hey then how dare they try to tell kids not to be fat, that's fat shaming.

Also, shock and horror, exercise is free. Got a 2 by 2 space? Work out in it.
>>
>>739976791
The answer is obvious. It doesn't work. If it did there would be a lot less fat people in the world especially in the US where bullying has been a constant problem. The stats are there it doesn't fucking work. If yelling at fat people to lose weight worked there would be no fucking fat people.
>>
>>739990959
Nilhilism isnt exactly "nothing matters" its more that there's no point in trying to do anything that doesn't matter to you because life is short and meaningless. You try to find things that mean something to you.
>>
>>739991698

Probably because it's being counteracted by all the 'love yourself at any size' bullshit.

Right now the people that actually matter, that can change a persons's life when they're young aren't allowed to tell kids that being obese is disgusting and awful for you. Parents can feed their kids junk cause they're lazy and they won't be punished, then little timmy's 10 years old with diabetus but it aint his fault he just needs to learn to love himself.
>>
>>739991795
>Nilhilism isnt exactly "nothing matters"

> life is short and meaningless

You wanna try that again? What you said is just basic human operation, nobody is forgetting to eat, not paying bills, etc because they are worrying about how to fix the crisis in Syria.
>>
File: Garden-Vegetable-Pesto-Pizza-6b.jpg (96KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Garden-Vegetable-Pesto-Pizza-6b.jpg
96KB, 700x1050px
>>739991528
Sure, you can say that if you'd like. It's just a waste of energy to rip on them when one could be improving oneself.

>>739991579
>schools should
But they won't, because that would create a conflict of interest with fast-death corporations and ultimately cut into their profits. Just look at how casual dining places like Applebee's have been responding to a lack of 'millennial spending' in the last year. They can only hope to go after the children of millennials and hook them in to make up for those lost profits, portraying the former as being 'bad' because they opt instead to eat at home (for various reasons).

Speaking of exercise, parents lose it over their kids working out these days and feel the schools themselves are 'overreaching' again by having mandatory recess-activities, not to mention the idea that these kids are allergic to everything and can't deal with bumps and bruises anymore.
>>
File: 1499149449645.jpg (59KB, 680x841px) Image search: [Google]
1499149449645.jpg
59KB, 680x841px
>>739991528
Poor and stupid is not fat, just like rich and gym memberships not fit.
>>
>>739991698
What a stupid fucking argument. Let me try: It clearly works. If I'd didn't there's be EVEN MORE fat people than there currently is.

See, cunt? Statements with no fucking qualifiers or variables are invalid.
Thread posts: 233
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.