[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What kind of damage am I doing to my lungs by smoking marijuana?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 296
Thread images: 38

File: 2017-07-21-06-14-14-.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-21-06-14-14-.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
What kind of damage am I doing to my lungs by smoking marijuana?

And what type of damage am I doing to my whole body/brain by smoking marijuana?
>>
I am surprised you were able to motivate your stoner ass to start a thread. Dude, come in for the big win. GET OUT Of your parents basement and find work.
>>
>>739586707
Not enough long term study yet. In about 50 years you will find its the same damage as tobacco plus the added bonus of psychosis and paranoia and a feeder drug to opiates etc
>>
>>739586785
Go choke on a BBC you faggot
>>
>>739586842
Why no long term study when the plant has been around for thousands of years? Funny they have long term studies for tobacco, but not for weed.
>>
>>739586842
>same damage as tobacco plus the added bonus of psychosis and paranoia and a feeder drug to opiates etc
You're a brainwashed, blatant retard. While inhaling burnt herb certaintly isn't healthy, marijuana isn't even rudimentarily as dangerous and poisonous as tobacco. And I didn't even mention the additives and chemicals you get wiwth your regular cigarette.
And where the fuck did you read the shit about paranoia and psychosis? Weed doesn't cause any of this on a mentally healthy human.
>>
>>739586707
Don't inhale smoke, it's not healthy
>>
>>739586707

Inhaling burnd plantmatter WILL cause dmg to your lungs! in worst case, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and you will start choaking your way to death, so stop smoking it and use a vaporizer or eat it to minimize and remove potentially deadly dmg to your lungs.
>>
If you are not insane before you start i dont see a chance for any mental problems.
smoking anything is bad for you so if you worry about your health switch to vapourizing it or edibles as that is a much healthier option
just be carefull with edibles as your liver will produce 11-hydroxy-THC which is much more psychoactive than regular thc and will leave you high as a fucking kite for a longer period of time
>>
>>739587039
Weed literally gave me anxiety, that word didn't even exist in my personal vocabulary before then. It took me years to shake it off after I quit smoking.
>>
>>739587414
>It took me years to shake it off after I quit smoking.
>after I quit smoking
It wasn't the weed
>>
File: 1435968393889.jpg (128KB, 625x836px) Image search: [Google]
1435968393889.jpg
128KB, 625x836px
>>739587414
>Weed made me realize I have anxiety
>Weed gave me anxiety
hmm
>>
>>739587039
>While inhaling burnt herb certaintly isn't healthy, marijuana isn't even rudimentarily as dangerous and poisonous as tobacco.

Why can I inhale cigarette smoke without much trouble, but inhaling "less harmful" marijuana smoke feels like inhaling fire?
>>
>>739587607
cuz yous a bitch...
>>
>>739587607
Because you're addicted to cigarettes so it feels fine while other burnt substances that do not have the chemicals your body craves feel bad.
>>
>>739587607
Because you're smoking dry shake or from a bong?
>>
>>739587499
Hey bot. Its why now instead of wtf? I guess it changes day to day
>>
>>739587607
I always imagined it was cus of the different filters
>>
>>739586785
far better to just get stoned
>>
>>739587607
Food additives that make it easier to inhale.
>>
File: download.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
Weed makes you less productive.
Tobacco just gives you lung cancer
I prefer cigarettes
>>
>>739587499
>Watches at 0 $?
god I love this guy
>>
>>739587499
Where can I buy it?
>>
Starting an extended tolerance break today. What is something to do to replace it in my spare time. I already go to gym, read and have a job.
>>
>>739588055
Go hiking in the nature.
>>
https://youtu.be/Nio1rtTmLb4
>>
>>739587607
Marijuana smoke is far more dense and rich with carbohydrates. The strain and method of smoking will also affect how badly it burns.
>>
File: - 1488821991587.jpg (13KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
- 1488821991587.jpg
13KB, 260x194px
>>739586932
>>
>>739587414
It's the fucking retards who mix their weed with tobacco and it never occurs to them it's the nicotine which makes that shit up. Nicotine widthdrawal causes anxiety among many other things.
>>
>>739587499
Is this the janitor's catalog
>>
>>739586707
Lifetime = similar outcome as cigarettes,
Mental = depends, overuse (particularly strains high in thc) can lead to paranoia , psychosis etc.
>>
>>739586932
Hard to do research on regulated substances.
>>
>>739588869
Research can be done in countries where it is legal
>>
>>739586707
ive read that one unfiltered spliff/joint does the same damage as 4 cigs
>>
Scientific study: THC kills/slows down cancer cells.
Scientific study: Psychoactive components only cause mental problems if you have them in the first place (most cannabis psychosis's tend to be caused by genetics that cause schizophrenia).
Scientific study: Most psychiatric medication (SSRI, anti-psychotics, sleeping pills etc.) causes way more brain damage in a few years of using the medication than cannabis would after a life time long usage (such as anti-psychotics effect on shrinking your brain).
Scientific study: Most people are fucking stupid. Me smoking weed is just trying to get on that level so life wouldn't be as frustrating living among these retards.
>>
>>739589004
Estrogenic effects of marijuana smoke condensate and cannabinoid compounds

sciencedirect.com science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093

Our results suggest that marijuana abuse is considered an endocrine-disrupting factor.

tl;dr smoke weed, become a weak faggot
>>
>>739589004
Also, you can study Chinese medical science that has known these health benefits long before the western shit hole of a civilization even began. There's a lot of "long term studies" consisting of thousands of herbs, you know, the root of all modern medical science? The same herbs that are used on those pills you eat.
>>
>>739589270
You, sir, are being nothing but a faggot hiding in the closet if a little estrogen makes you fear that you change your personality. I'd suggest you put on your panties and skirt and go take your chances at the local gay bar.
>>
>>739586707
It puts more tar into you than cigarettes. It hasn't been studied enough yet, though. There haven't been any weed related deaths(that I know of) so it shouldn't be a major concern. Although you may feel a slight disconnection from reality. I have this disconnection, I've had it since I started smoking. Of course that won't stop me from blazin. Weed affects everyone differently.
>>
File: 14960669738520.jpg (27KB, 450x410px) Image search: [Google]
14960669738520.jpg
27KB, 450x410px
>>739586842
>Nancy Reagan said...
Smoking weed is far more healthy than cigarettes, and the "gateway drug" theory was debunked ages ago.
>>
Pot will wear down your lung capacity pretty quick if you smoke it regularly without equally regular exercise. Long term/serious lung damage hasn't been documented as far as I'm aware, and I'll admit, I haven't much searched for any research that claims it causes any severe lung damage, so I suppose you could look around for anything more official than people like me.

As far as damage to your whole body/brain. I'm not aware of any damage that it will cause to your body, however, the brain is a different story.
Pot will chew through your dopamine like Pac-Man with a power pellet. This can leave you feeling anxious or a bit depressed. This isn't permanent, and typically only a problem if you smoke very often.
>>
ITT: Nixon lies still define the popular opinion while people shove more harmful pills down their throats trying to treat depression with them for the simple shills they are.
>>
>>739589660
Weed is a gateway drug. Or, at least can be. Most people are like "this isn't good enough for me anymore" and try something stronger. Obviously not those exact words, but you get the jist.
>>
>>739588465
It's rude to spread misinformation.
>>
>>739589773
In those standards, caffeine, sugar, alcohol and basically anything addictive is a gateway drug. Shit theory that's based on irrational logic.

Also, weed being illegal shows increase in usage and makes it easier for people to try hard drugs, since the same people sell mescaline, cocaine and weed.

So your gateway theory is just stupid and incorrect. It's nothing but an abuse of logic, an alternative reality you choose to believe in like religious people believe in God. Research and common sense speak against it.
>>
File: 1500283939685.jpg (60KB, 716x570px) Image search: [Google]
1500283939685.jpg
60KB, 716x570px
>>739586707
The smoke has more tar in it, so the damage to the lungs is bigger, but since you don't smoke as much joints as cigarettes it's probably the same
>>
File: Dawg2.jpg (34KB, 535x462px) Image search: [Google]
Dawg2.jpg
34KB, 535x462px
>>739586707
>Not injecting your mary jane.
>MFW
It's very bad for you. Snort heroin that's the ticket sonny jim.
>>
>>739586707
Have you ever considered vaping so you don't do any damage to your lungs, anon?
>>
>>739590108
Tar isn't the only component that causes lung cancer. The additive chemicals in cigarettes cause way more damage than tar itself.
>>
>>739590088
Tbfh it depends on the individual. Idiots who smoke it will probably turn to crack, while anyone with a brain will stick to just weed.
>>
File: Chad.jpg (33KB, 592x333px) Image search: [Google]
Chad.jpg
33KB, 592x333px
>>739587607
They add lots of additives to tobacco for this reason, try natural tobacco, it tastes like shit.
Eat your weed or vaporize it, not VAPE or dabs the kind that heats the weed and filters it without liquid.
>>
>>739590108
Tar isn't what causes the damage.
Tar is what reduces the lung capacity and ability to absorb oxygen into the bloodstream.

Cigarettes cause microscopic lacerations in the lungs as a result of the chemical cocktail it's doused in, which as you age and continue smoking will never properly heal, whereas pot smoke does not cause these lacerations.
>>
>>739590169
>Vaping won't damage your lungs
Are you retarded? Literally the only risk-free way is by ingesting it.
>>
>>739590192
Indeed. I've had a taste of various drugs in my life, but I never started using them. Just weed, because it helps me with my sleeping problems and anxiety, as well as it makes depressive thoughts easier to deal with, since it makes you think through the bad shit instead of suppressing them like SSRI does.
>>
>>739589646
I feel this disconnection and it's beginning to scare me. Is there much research on this? Anyway to re-associate with reality?
>>
File: THIS.jpg (8KB, 200x202px) Image search: [Google]
THIS.jpg
8KB, 200x202px
>>739590088
>>
>>739590330
Proper vaporizing will however significantly reduce the amount of carcinogens ingested.

Edibles are harder to come by for the majority, so it may not be as practical as purchasing a vaporizer and a decent whip.
>>
>>739590330
This. If you're worried about lung damage, learn to make some cannabutter and you gain all the benefits and none of the negatives.

In India they drink a beverage called Bhang, which is made from several different species of cannabis and is generally considered good for the body and the spirit. Edible cannabis is actually really healthy, when it comes to scientific research.
>>
>>739590488
>Edibles are harder to come by for the majority
Nigga, just buy a pressure cooker and make your own.
>>
>>739590589
Nigger, I accounted for making my own. The problem is, not everyone can have the most outrageous scent in the world flooding their home, as many people live in apartments or duplexes.
>>
>>739587892
Not true, especially if you consume CBD dominant strains, you will actually experience a surge in productivity. Don't spew nonsense without informing yourself
>>
>>739590589
No need for a pressure cooker. Just some patience. Take about 2-3g weed, simmer it in 100g of olive oil at low heat for 3 hours, let it set, put in the fridge for an hour after it cools down to room temperature and then bake some brownies, or make food and pour the substance in it.

Pressure cookers and croc pots make the process a bit easier though. But all you really need is a frying pan or a kettle.
>>
>>739586932
Hard to do a study when you cant even get off the couch to throw that pizza box down the trash chute
>>
>>739590781
And olive oil, because it is the best kind of fat you can use creating cannabutter. Coconut oil on the other hand produces more tasty substance.
>>
File: 1489347045212.png (10KB, 186x218px) Image search: [Google]
1489347045212.png
10KB, 186x218px
>>739590781
Good advice!
>>
>>739590965
Cheers, mate!
>>
>>739586889
Stoners are mad gay
>>
>>739591033
no nigga weed doesn't affect your sexuality
>>
>>739591033
and ive seen very few gay niggas smokin weed
>>
>>739588978
You say that like everyone's fucking pals and that it's not just a bunch of corporations competing with each other for profit.

There hasn't been as much research done into marijuana because it's not being funded as much. It's not being funded as much because why the fuck would a drug company sink that kind of money into something that would harm their business? That's basically how scientific research works. Unless you have someone with a lot of money that actually does want to fund it, it's more of a hassle to get the permission to do things with it than the potential pay out of a product line that you can't patent.
It's like asking why anything else in the world that we could have been researching hasn't been yet. You have to ask yourself who that research will benefit in the long run and where the money is going to come from. It's the same reason millions of idiots dumped buckets of ice on their heads for a disease no one cares about.

That having been said, it's now becoming very socially acceptable and it's only a matter of time before it's legalized, and once that happens, most of these big companies will have their hand in the cookie jar and will be funding all kinds of studies. Mostly with the goal of telling you why you should buy it and how good it is for you (think AirBorn and the sugar pills they sell)

But then you will get other companies that want to fund research telling you how bad and evil it is and why you should buy their product instead. Which, incidentally, is why marijuana is illegal in the first place.
>>
>>739589325
Are you really pulling a "trust me it's an ancient chinese remedy" on us?

You realize orientalism isn't really a thing anymore right?
>>
>>739591430
A+ my dude
>>
>>739591515
No, I'm saying "Trust on this thing that scientific research trusts". Just because you are stupid enough not to read it and therefore judge it straight away does not mean scientists aren't. Components of different medications consist mostly of herbs, that are just broken down into their chemical components to produce pills. Research into this and quit yapping.
>>
>>739591861
OOOOH MY NIGGA ROASTED
>>
>>739591861
The Chinese did not know why the herbs acted that way, but they saw they did. In modern science we can take components of these herbs that are causing the positive health benefits. The only thing that changed therefore is the knowledge of why the herbs give the benefits they do.
>>
>>739586785
>buying the lie that people who smoke pot don't have successful lives

enjoy your world view my little dude
>>
>>739586707
>lungs

Not near as much as smoking cigarettes. Still. Eat it.

>brain

Quite a lot. Chronic excessive use will chip away at a lot of your cognitive function.

Good news. It all self repairs after a surprisingly short time of not using marijuana.

>tl;dr

Im less worried about damage and more concerned about you having better hobbies.
>>
>>739591861
I don't think you understand science as well as you think you do.

Plus, I was referring specifically to your invocation of ancient chinese wisdom of herbal medicine, not the various scientific studies from your previous post. I couldn't respond to those even if I wanted to because you didn't cite any.
>>
>>739592084
I know a daily smoker that makes 10,000€ every single day. Who even needs productivity when you've got stock market. Today's world is about intelligence and wits anyway.
>>
>>739586707
Depends on your age.

It's far more healthy for your lungs than cigs. It's not going to give you cancer. There's less tar and probably little to no carcinogens and even so the sheer volume of consumption is DRASTICALLY less than those who consume tobacco long term.

If you smoke it when you're young (like before age 21-22 even) then you could permanently alter your brain chemistry. How much would depend on how regularly and when your brain finished developing etc. It would not be as bad as say, doing a bunch of hits of acid or something.

All in all, it's probably better to go out on the weekends when you're 16-18 and get drunk, then stop drinking and switch to weed when you get older imo.

While alcohol is bad for you, humans are literally DESIGNED to consume massive amounts of alcohol. We have massive livers and have been drinking booze in some form or another in lieu of clean water for thousands of years. If you're going to use a casual drug, a little of each depending on your ethnicity/genetics is the way to go.
>>
>>739586707
Higher risk of psychosis as well as wasting time and money, not much else.
>>
>>739592248
Because the research is available for anyone to read and takes you an estimate of 16 seconds to find with Google. Unless you're an idiot that wants everything handed to him, of course.
>>
>>739586707
Why don't you inject it?
>>
File: 1500292972174.jpg (33KB, 412x441px) Image search: [Google]
1500292972174.jpg
33KB, 412x441px
>>739592201
>it all self repairs after a surprisingly short amount of not using marijuana

Mind telling me the exact time? Just asking
>>
>>739587892
Weed does not make you less productive, it is yourself that makes you less productive then trying to blame it on weed. kek
>>
>>739592402
And if you are, I have no time for your nonsense. Educate yourself, do some research and stop living in denial.
>>
>>739586707
Probably not as bad as cigarettes. After it's legalized and they stuff the shit with addictive chemicals and filler it'll be more compairable. Body and mind, We don't have hard numbers. It'll be a lot easier to study once it's legal.

Fuck it, though. Do you want to live forever? Indulge some.
>>
>>739592201
It doesn't damage your brain in any major way you D.A.R.E. brainwashed faggot. At least not more than being near a running car.
Although patterns of behavior over time can alter the structure of your brain and things that support those habits can be potentially detrimental the plant and cannabinoids involved do next to nothing. Read up on the endocannabinoid system and then the three to four hundred cannabinoids in the plant and come back to me with a legitimate answer.
>>
>>739587607
It's all about the filter. In a cigarette you have a fullfilled coton filter that blocks a lot of smoke and cold it , while in a joint you have an open filter and you get all the smoke
>>
>>739586785
My wife and I smoke every day. We both make 120k a year combined. I think we are doing ok
>>
I've smoked lots of weed the past 2 years. Dumb young and [had] money. $220 for an ounce. Good shit. Dabs $50 a gram. Good shit. I stopped smoking weed 1 month ago. Honestly weed was a big part of my life since I was trying to use it to cover my problems. I stopped smoking weed and realized I don't like any of my friends they are childish and fucking stupid. Glad I'm not around them much. It's not hard at all to stop. Just don't be mentally weak. Hardest part of stopping smoking is the free time you have left over. I could list the pros and cons I've experienced if anyone is interested
>>
File: 1348304790570.jpg (18KB, 499x314px) Image search: [Google]
1348304790570.jpg
18KB, 499x314px
>>739592749
>120k a year combined
>mfw I make 150k myself
>>
>>739592777
Con: the "real" life is a depressing routine shit of a day, everyday.

Con: it turns out, the "high" life is full of bliss and dopamine, and everything is just so perfect.
>>
File: dealwithit.png (1KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
dealwithit.png
1KB, 280x280px
>>739592881
>150k
Mfw i make 430k a year
>>
File: 1500454121261.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
1500454121261.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
>>739586707
The same as tobacco damages your lungs and possible paranoia, psychosis, and memory loss in the future.
>>
>>739592366
>It's far more healthy for your lungs than cigs. It's not going to give you cancer. There's less tar and probably little to no carcinogens and even so the sheer volume of consumption is DRASTICALLY less than those who consume tobacco long term.

This whole statement is bullshit

>If you smoke it when you're young (like before age 21-22 even) then you could permanently alter your brain chemistry. How much would depend on how regularly and when your brain finished developing etc. It would not be as bad as say, doing a bunch of hits of acid or something.

Possibly not bullshit, but I would love to see the research on that.

>All in all, it's probably better to go out on the weekends when you're 16-18 and get drunk, then stop drinking and switch to weed when you get older imo.

What? Booze is the main thing people tell you not to do before 21 specifically because it alters your brain chemistry. You're better off not doing either of those things until you're in your mid 20s

>While alcohol is bad for you, humans are literally DESIGNED to consume massive amounts of alcohol. We have massive livers and have been drinking booze in some form or another in lieu of clean water for thousands of years. If you're going to use a casual drug, a little of each depending on your ethnicity/genetics is the way to go.

Humans aren't designed to do anything, we're adapted to tolerate moderate alcohol consumption. Not "massive amounts." You will die from massive amounts. Also not chronic use. Your liver will be ruined from chronic use. You also misinterpret the fact that some places at some times in history have sanitized their water by brewing with it. In reality most people throughout history would have been drinking well water or water collected from cisterns. If you look at ancient cities a lot of them are designed with many cisterns built all over the place. It's part of the reason ancient cities were able to survive sieges for so long.
>>
>>739592777

Trips of truth.

I'm taking a break and suddenly have so much free time it's bizzare
>>
>>739592968
>430k
>mfw I make $2.5m a day
>mfw I live in Zimbabwe
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>739592982
Not him, but weed does indeed alter your brain chemistry if smoked before the age of 16? This is a recent revelation from like 2 years ago. Just look it up. It's proven. But after age 16, there's no effect. If you smoked weed before 16, it does fuck up your brain chemistry.
>>
I've been vaping nicotine juice for a few months now to see if it was actually as addictive as it's advertised. I don't think it is. Nicotine does have that feel good sensation but I also never get a craving for it.
>>
>>739587607
Because they literally put all the chemicals in the cigarette so that it feels nice going down your throat. That doesnt mean its better for you lol
>>
>>739586707
same kind of damage done by any kind of smoking, lung and throaght cancer, switch to vaping, wax, or edibles to remove risk.
>>
>>739592531
>>739592402

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim. If you're going to spout off a bunch of bullshit and then tell someone else to "go educate themselves" when they ask for citations then you might as well not have even posted because your statements are worthless.

Also, if it takes 16 seconds to find the studies you're referring to, why not just link them? Can you even tell me who did the research? That might be a nice starting point.

Or you could just stay in damage control mode until the thread dies I guess.
>>
>>739592982
>This whole statement is bullshit.
Back that shit up m8, not being an asshole, just use your brain..
>>
>>739592982
Also marijuana consumption has been around for as long or even longer.
>>
File: 1500452913731.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500452913731.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
ITT: stonerfags in denial of side-effects of smoking cannabis and think that it's some magical substance that won't harm you at all
>>
It's the smoke that's bad dude. If you really care that much then just eat edibles or vape it.
>>
>>739593115
>>739593144
Let's say I put 0.5 gram of weed in a vape. Will it run out faster than a joint would? Does it make you higher?
>>
>>739592597
This is meaningless. Filter or not you are getting the same volume of smoke with every puff. Filters prevent large particulate matter from being inhaled. The same reason bongs use water.
>>
>>739586785
>Be me
>Be foreman for large construction company
>Top guy
>Always get results from workers
>Workers respect me for my knowledge and willingness to share info
>Go home and smoke weed every day
>85k-110k depending on bonuses and overtime

Die in a fire faggot.
>>
>>739586707
>What kind of damage am I doing to my lungs by smoking marijuana?
a lot. it's been linked to copd and other lung disease. however it doesn't appear to cause cancer for an unknown reason.
>>739586842
the lung damage is real. the gateway nonsense has been disproved however.
>>
>>739593107
it doesn't work that way, you don't tell someone to "look it up"

If you're saying something is true you show them why
>>
>>739593278
How much safer is vaping it? I'd assume it's the same thing.... Since in both occasions you are inhaling smoke into your lungs?
>>
>>739592982
>This whole statement is bullshit
>Provides no source for his claim
>Proceeds to ask others for sources
Let me guess, you voted for hillary
>>
>>739592777
I started smoking three years ago. I didn't start it because I wanted to run away from my problems, but because I wanted to confront them. Since THC is a psychoactive, it leads you to think more. And that I did. I gave a thought for my problems and started finding solutions. And that's quite a lot for someone that has spend half of his life talking to psychologists, doctors and psychiatrists and taken anti-psychotics for a few years.

So we can talk about this on a singular level and realize that your experiences aren't any more accurate than mine. And that we both have had several other things affecting our lives during these periods, but are not noting as a part of it, for the simple monkeys we are.

I mean, I've always been a little psychotic. And the funny thing about that is, is that I found help in something I thought would make me lose it all. But I would still never give the advice for others like me to start smoking. Because most people like me are unable to cope with their own delusions.

I'd rather have the negative effects of weed than shrink my brain with Olanzapine and get hooked on Mirtazapine.
>>
File: 1318082684156.gif (1MB, 213x120px) Image search: [Google]
1318082684156.gif
1MB, 213x120px
>>739593080
>>
>>739586842
Never once have I been sitting around smoking weed then suddenly I wanted heroin or pills of sorts.

This is a lie perpetrated by large tobacco because they know how bad their product is. When marijuana gets huge corps sending millions down the throats of filthy politicians then we'll see a shift.
>>
>>739593171
Again. Not how it works. You don't tell the person that DOESN'T believe what you're saying to back up the fact that they don't believe it. You present evidence.

You're just saying a bunch of random shit and acting like it's backed up by research. I'm saying bullshit, prove it.

Can you or can't you?
>>
File: Han-Solo-is-killed-by-his-son.jpg (10KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
Han-Solo-is-killed-by-his-son.jpg
10KB, 441x408px
>>739591861
>trust Chinese medical research
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2891906/
>>
>>739593358
It isn't a gateway because of any chemical effect. It's a gateway because it's illegal which paves the way to other illegal drugs. My weed guy was always pushing to get me to buy harder stuff. Just another reason to legalize.
>>
>>739593235
good old scythians
>>
>>739590288
Well a lot of people smoke pot with tabacco, so it's like the bad part of cigarettes plus the negatives of pot
>>
>>739592881
>>739592968
the question is, you two smokes?
>>
If weed is so bad for your lungs, why are all the hot chicks smoking it?
>>
>>739593291
It should get you even higher because it's essentially extracting thc from the bud.
>>
>>739587607
Cigarette smokers can't inhale pure weed smoke and the other way around.
Don't ask me why but it is like that.
Broscience explanation: Tobacco disables the respiratory epithelium in your airways while weed does not.
>>
>>739593554
that's like saying the study of history is the gateway to radical ideology.
>drug peddler tries to peddle drugs
shocked.
>>739593235
so has goat fucking.
>>
>>739593465
>shifting the burden of proof
>thinks that makes him look smart
>greentext for no apparent reason, probably to look smart again

Trying to discredit someone on the internet by referring to a political candidate that you don't like is pretty good way to let everyone know you have nothing else to say.
>>
>>739587607
because cigarettes have many chemicals added, e.g. black tar. also they are physically addicting.
>>
>>739593165
This isn't a scientific forum, it's 4chan. The articles are readily available for those willing to look. I've done the research, but I don't necessarily save sources to my phone. Go ahead and find them if you're interested in recent studies, or remain in a constant state of confirmation bias. I don't care either way.
>>
>>739589773
>Most people

No one I know has this thought process.

Do you work for Marlboro or Camel?
>>
>>739587414
Anxiety is good, you scum. It puts you back on your god damn feet and humbles you from your otherwise pathetic docile existence. Everybody has anxiety, some people are just bitches who dont know handle it.
In all seriousness though, weed is great. Just like alocohol the problems are with those that have too much free time and no self control. Yes, you're not supposed to smoke it 7 days a week, all day every dat, grow the fuck up.
>>
File: im 19.gif (124KB, 581x328px) Image search: [Google]
im 19.gif
124KB, 581x328px
if you do it during developmental years instead of other things,
you miss out on developing the neurological connections which help you do those other things
like interact with people
or pursue a life interest
but its up to you.
in its place, grey matter is formed in the brain
which like a blank slate, for you to form whatever kind of mind you want or can manage to
>>
>>739593595
ahaha yeah, like gonorrea and clamidia
>>
>>739586707
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0041008X06000093

http://www.pnas.org/content/109/40/E2657.abstract

two studies cited in actual scientific journals.
>>
File: retardedcaveman.jpg (466KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
retardedcaveman.jpg
466KB, 1200x800px
>>739593679
You think they add tar to cigarettes instead of it being the natural byproduct of the combustion of the plant?

Really? I don't even believe you actually think that.
>>
>>739590912
do you live in an idiocracy apartment where you have trash chute?
>>
>>739593165
Again, I have no time to prove anything to you. The information is there, seek it. Because I sure don't care if you choose to stay stupid. Because right now I'm reading articles, obtaining more information. And people like you, that do not, slow me down. I have 72 active conversations going on right now, that are much more valuable to me than educating you, when you could do it yourself.

It is your job to check the facts. Obviously you haven't. Therefore we have nothing to discuss about. All we have is this empty conversation based on your biased opinion and the inability to research.

I am not responsible for your simplicity, you are.
>>
>>739586707
literally none.
>>
Weed might give you man boobs, no joke
>>
>>739593956
Yeah probably. From all the munchies.
>>
If you inhale wrong you will get instant cancer
>>
>>739593660
Theres a ton of studies that prove weed is a hundred times healthier than cigarettes. Obviously those are done by people that you don't trust.
If you think cigarettes are healthier for you than weed you have likely abandoned all logic a long ass time ago.
>>
oh I heard you can get cancer from doing it wrong
>>
File: 1497018910042.jpg (106KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1497018910042.jpg
106KB, 1000x667px
>>739586707
>What kind of damage am I doing to my lungs by smoking marijuana?
Massive damage. If you've smoked for a few years, you will NEVER rebuild your lungs to their original state, even if you stopped right now and waited 20 years. Even if you stopped, your risk of developing lung cancer in your lifetime will be about 50% higher than a non-smoker. Fact.

>And what type of damage am I doing to my whole body/brain by smoking marijuana?
By smoking, your whole cardiovascular system is getting serious damage each time. You are getting increased risk of arterial problems such as clogged veins, your arteries are more narrow and allow for less blood flow, your oxygen percentage is significantly lower, resulting in overall damage, reduced cell life, increased aging, mental fog, fatigue, up to organ damage.

Your brain doesn't receive any real 'damage' per se, but you are a lot more endangered by mental illnesses such as paranoia, depression etc.

You could have avoided 90% of this easily if you had switched to edibles or vaping. I don't even know why people still smoke in 2017.

t. fellow stonerfag
>>
you will get weed lung anon just like in your picture
>>
Honestly ever since I stopped smoking i had a reason. The reason being if I wanted to do something with my life then I would have to pass a drug test. I was 15 when I first started. I really was smoking hard at 16 and 17. I'm now 18 and like to think I've possibly grown up. But I won't lie. Weed was my best friend and I loved being high and acting carefree...
Stopping smoking made me realize a few things. Number
1. Being I no longer like the people I use to associate with. Two of them still 17 and one almost 19. They all act childish to point.
2. Weed does not miss me.. I almost want to say I depended on it but honestly it was routine to smoke 3 bong bowls of heavy indica a night. <-good sleep but not worth my money
3. Money. I've grown up in a poor white house hold much like many other Americans (US btw) I'm not sobbing about my childhood because it was great. I have my mom to thank for that. But spending $300 a month when I make $300 a week wasn't working all to well as I got older kek.
4. Getting over myself. Smoking weed for me was routine as I said. As I stopped smoking I opened up several hours of free time. Of course I still think about weed sometime's but I like to think I'm not weak minded so I don't cave into my desires.
Pros
>save dat money
>fuck lying hypocritical parent dependent goddamn welfare abusing fake friends.
>on track to a better future hopefully
>wake up in the mornings feeling better

Cons
>I don't get high..I just get drunk
>low social interaction since weed was how we bonded...but still fuck those guys
>small stress build up but I'm not weak minded so I'm not all crying to a therapist begging for xanex like my past acquaintances have

^Trying to support both sides. I'd love to smoke again but as I feel I've matured I realize my job is more important than sucking on moms tit and realize that my state doesn't even have weed legal (Indiana) so it's just dumb to be doing what I use to
>>
>>739593530
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2891906/
Are you this retarded? The article doesn't have literally anything to do with what I said previously. Want to point out an uncorrupt government that didn't silence scientists since the 1940's? There isn't one.
>>
>>739593744
>I've done the research

But you just can't show it. That's cool. It's just like my invisible pet dragon. You can see pictures of him on the internet. They are readily available for those willing to look, I don't have to prove it.

Also, you don't know what confirmation bias means at all. That's when people like you do your 20 second phone research and get the answer you want, think you're automatically right and that you don't have to debunk your own research, and then regurgitate it all over people like me. You won't cite your sources because you either don't actually have any and you're talking completely out of your ass, or you're afraid that if you show me those sources you'll have a bunch of people explaining to you why you came to the wrong conclusion.

Also, you're right, 4chan isn't a scientific forum. So why the fuck are you going around claiming your opinions as scientific fact?
>>
>>739592881
No one is impressed. At least he isn't lonely.
>>
>>739594165
Its quite obvious that weed isnt your problem, but your relationship with the weed and lack of self control.
>>
>>739593951
>Again, I have no time to prove anything to you.

You have no proof to give.

>It is your job to check the facts.

No it's not. You make the claim, you present the evidence. The burden of proof is on you and you alone cunt.

I hope it's not too tacky quoting hitchens, but the phrase "That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence" applies really well here.
>>
>>739587039
>two leaves. one herb the other magically a poison for your point.
>>
>>739587607
the answer is chocolate.
>>
>>739594032
>Obviously those are done by people that you don't trust.

Obviously? Motherfucker I'm asking you faggots to cite them. I'm not trying to discredit them. I want to fucking read them. The studies YOU got your fucking information from, so I can assess the claims you're making.

How the fuck am I supposed to distrust a study I'm not aware exists? For the record, it's a pretty big red flag if you're already telling me I won't trust the sources.

If all you people have is are vacuous claims that "it's been proven" or " it's been shown" then you have nothing and you're just waiting your own time arguing in this thread.

I'm willing to believe every claim you guys are making if you can just back it up with something real instead of vague pseudo intellectual shitposting telling me to "look it up"

My god this shit is on the same level as:

You: Fairies are real, it's scientifically proven
Me: Bullshit, show me the studies
You: No, find them yourself

You people can't be this fucking stupid
>>
weed users are like vegans, they'll go out of their way to let you know they smoke weed
>>
>>739594268
What does it matter? Even if proof is presented to people like you, you just decide not to believe it and keep on yapping.

Why are you not seeking the truth yourself? Are you that afraid what you might find?

Look, kid. If you wish to discuss about something, you need to do research about it. All you've done so far is asking for proof about something you suspect. What does your suspicion change? Nothing. Obtaining that information does. And after you obtain said information, we can have a discussion of it's accuracy.

You need to do something yourself or shut up. Because if you aren't using the tools you have been given to find information, you are just being stupid. You are relying on others to feed you information. You are asking for everyone to pause the conversation, because of your own incapability to do research.

So just shut up and start reading about the subject.
>>
File: 1500512937849.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1500512937849.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>739594721
http://cebp.aacrjournals.org/content/15/10/1829.short
>>
>>739587607
my friends that i used to smoke with always told me the TCH actually stimulates your lungs and causes you to cough. that's why when you do dabs or other concentrates it makes you cough like crazy. does for me at least
>>
>>739595021
All the time I spend educating some fool I could use to obtain new information. And yet if fools quit being fools and did the same thing, there wouldn't be a problem in the first place.

Because as I said earlier, it is not my job to educate you. Pay me, if you wish me to do so.
>>
I smoke weed everyday for about a couple months now. I work a decent paying job. So far I think I'm doing damage to my lungs but not as bad as cigarettes make you feel. (Which I have refrained from smoking tobacco)
Honestly I can see how this shit makes you retarded. It's best to smoke occasionally. I've never done anything other than weed, tobacco and alcohol. I've never had the intentions of doing harder shit. I also don't get as high as I used to and this doesn't make me wanna use harder shit tbh
>>
>>739586785
>go to one of the most prestigious schools in upstate New York
>A's and B's
>Smokeweedeveryday.wav

Also I use it before working out as well, if you smoke and then get into the work out, it's actually extremely helpful.
The natural pain you feel from working out is like nothing, you just have to break the threshold of laziness in the first minute
>>
>>739595021
Here is, how a discussion works. As long as you don't post anything related to your claim, your posts are nullified.
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof

And here, just to get it started:
http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM198802113180603
>>
>>739587039
No it has been known to wake dormant illnesses namely schizophrenia (psychosis) and if you've ever smoke a sativa dom and weren't paranoid now and then, you're a fucking liar.

My friend in highschool saw the devil in the tv one day, huge stoner. I'm not saying it was weed, but given that he wasn't schizo before and this is seems to be gathering more attention, it would seem apparent the answer is clear through,
>>
>>739595063
Spent 2 seconds on Google Scholar.
>>
>>739595520
Is clear, through deduction*
>>
>>739595292
So in conclusion, I believe it's safe to smoke occasionally and not make you retarded/fuck up your lungs (which it does you fucking retards). I love weed, but can admit it has it's pros and cons. Its my favorite recreational drug because of it's safeness and not being a crack whore. Just trying to bring the thread back on topic instead of just bitching about whether weed is bad or not. Honestly idgaf what you cunts have to say about my life and weed.
>>
>>739595021
>What does it matter? Even if proof is presented to people like you, you just decide not to believe it and keep on yapping.

You don't know me, and you're definitely talking out of your ass now. Just like you have been this whole thread.

>Why are you not seeking the truth yourself? Are you that afraid what you might find?

I don't know why you don't understand the concept of citing your sources and why it's important, but the short version is that I need to see what you read so I can evaluate that for myself and we can both talk about our interpretation of it or I might agree and concede.

What you are doing is asking someone else to prove your point for you.
>>
File: 1489337931462.gif (930KB, 250x200px) Image search: [Google]
1489337931462.gif
930KB, 250x200px
>>739586707
People who do drugs often feel they need them to face daily life, it's a crutch against reality every bit as damaging as alcohol. If you do either every day, you have a problem but if you can stop for weeks or months at a time your fine. Moderation is how successful people do it, unless they're already rich pansies or they live in a state where it's legal. A lot of people, especially Americans are weak-minded and don't understand moderation because of not being taught proper, their parents being children in their own minds playing adult. It's no wonder Europoors see us as wayward children, not that they don't have their own problems these days. I personally blame Instant Gratification for the breaking of the world's strength, too many people worried about getting to the heart of things without appreciating how they got there.
>>
>>739595405
>15 subjects
>all smokers of tobacco and cannabis

So where's the larger study where people with different backgrounds are compared? Shows that you only take for a fact for what you wish to believe is a fact. Goes without saying, that carrying any sort of evidence for you is just a waste of my time, since your brain capacity is limited to denialism.
>>
>>739595021
>>739595543
>I'm not trying to discredit them.
>>
>>739595752
Now you are telling me, my citation is wrong, although you didn't post a single source?
Thank you, I really had a high hope, you would post that. Proove me wrong, fgt.
>>
File: Kek.png (31KB, 739x857px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.png
31KB, 739x857px
>>739595063
Should have looked into the metrics. According to their study one joint per day is as damaging as smoking 20 packs per day, kek.
>>
>>739595828
Well, 15 subjects on a case where everyone is already threatened by lung cancer caused tobacco is just plain retarded. There are no changing factors on the study, so of course it's bullshit. Do you even know how science works? This individual does not seem to, since he makes statements on a very small base where each individual is exactly the same. If the study concluded such things as comparing non-tobacco-smokers vs. non-cannabis-smokers, people that consume both and people that consume neither, we would have DATA. But since all the 15 subjects are the same, there's no science involved, only randomness.
>>
>>739596180
I could take 15 people on the subject of "Is one gram of coal eaten lethal to people?" and mix cyanide in it. All 15 subjects dead -> OF COURSE COAL IS LETHAL!
>>
>>739586932
They don't do long term studies on weed because recreational use wasn't legal. They'd be admitting to commiting a crime. Opioid abuse is a bit easier to track though, and has more chemical effects than lung perma damage.
>>
>>739586707
No worse than smoking cigarettes, tbh. Tar content is higher, but smoking isn't healthy no matter what you're burning and inhaling into your lungs. You're supposed to eat it. Edibles > smoking. Too much of anything can be a bad thing.
>>
>>739596180
>Can't post proof
I gave you a study, your job now is posting research contradicting it.

I can go on and post studies, yet it does change nothing.
http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/410634?=gt

I could even link a study, someone pro weed posted and he didn't realize it shows the same.
>>739595063

Now for fuck sake, give citation.
>>
>>739596561
Citation? You gave citation? No you did not. You gave a biased study with no changing factors done by some idiot, which only proves that you are not sufficient in criticizing data.

A larger study posted by >>739595063
compares results of over 1000 subjects from different angles, so it is much more reliable. What about this is unclear to you?
>>
>>739596011
>Conclusions: Our results may have been affected by selection bias or error in measuring lifetime exposure and confounder histories; but they suggest that the association of these cancers with marijuana, even long-term or heavy use, is not strong and may be below practically detectable limits. (Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2006;15(10):1829–34)
>>
>>739596847
And if you actually read both studies, you would notice this:

"Conclusions: Our results may have been affected by selection bias or error in measuring lifetime exposure and confounder histories; but they suggest that the association of these cancers with marijuana, even long-term or heavy use, is NOT strong and may be below practically detectable limits. (Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 2006;15(10):1829–34)"
>>
>>739594466
>he thinks most cigarettes are made out of 100% tobacco
>>
>>739597029
Now you are making me laugh.
>Guy posts link to study supporting weed is not as dangerous as tobacco
>I post the metrics showing his study is bs
>You want to refute my point by posting this study is bs
>>
>>739596847
looky
>>739596011

And I am still waiting for you backing up your claims, as long as you don't this discussion is over. It is like arguing with a little kid.
>>
File: jck.gif (906KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
jck.gif
906KB, 500x282px
>>739597200
It's the same study you spoof.
>>
>>739597461
You don't say. And how does the disclaimer of bias change my post of showing his citation is bs?
>>
>>739597539
Are you sure that you interpreted the data correctly? I doubt so.
>>
File: 1483823682591.jpg (1MB, 3000x2800px) Image search: [Google]
1483823682591.jpg
1MB, 3000x2800px
>>739597539
>>739597709
Pleas explain it to me, you magnificent brain-artist.
>>
File: 418177.png (392KB, 500x758px) Image search: [Google]
418177.png
392KB, 500x758px
>ITT: Pseudo-scientists crying for proof from either side when it hasn't been studied properly in the last generation and has only been a political talking point for the past 15 or so years

Guys you don't realize you're hurting your own credibility here by even asking, you might as well be praying to whatever deity you hold dear because the science just isn't all there yet. Long-term repercussions of smoking anything are obvious because of carcinogens, lungs are for oxygen processing so anything that impedes that process is inherently "bad", as a base example.
>>
There's this one guy in this thread that somehow manages not to understand that the study he presented does not disprove the original study, but backs it up since it's the same study.

I believe this guy is just plain retarded and should be ignored.
>>
>>739586707
1ST WORLD PROBLEMS
WHAT A GIGANTIC PUSSY
TRY LIVING IN A CHINESE CITY
CRINGEWORTHY AS FUCK
>>
>>739597936
What was the original argument? I lost track in the sea of shit.
>>
File: 1500513163092.jpg (35KB, 500x317px) Image search: [Google]
1500513163092.jpg
35KB, 500x317px
>>739597936
You are being confused. I didn't want to disprove the study.
>>
>>739598189
>communism
Here's your sign. Cry moar about how they willingly make their lives shit.
>>
>>739598312
That was just an example shlomo
OP is just a tiny trap wiener loving cuck
>>
>>739586707
Nothing lmfao 420 erday a joint keeps the doctor away my nigguh blaze it yo
>>
>>739598189
I can hardly imagine. That'll sure shorten your life expectancy considering the webms I've seen. Smog ain't fun as well.
>>
>>739588155
Aww shit weed made me fat
>>
Weed is great :) Got me into MDMA and Mushies good stuff!
>>
File: 1500517558042.jpg (19KB, 351x359px) Image search: [Google]
1500517558042.jpg
19KB, 351x359px
This whole thread.
>>
lungs aren't affected as bad as ciggies, but its still not good since you are literally breathing burning plant matter
>>
>>739592881
OK nigger
>>
>>739597861
This. But carcinogens aren't the only thing that cause lung cancer in a regular old smoke. People should be able to note on specific studies about these chemicals and the principle of them not existing in cannabis. And about the subject of incredibility, that's just stupid. Of course things need to be discussed about, so knowledge progresses. The estimate of an everyday guy of being right is about 5-
20%, where as experts are right about 40-60% of time. Being an expert on a subject only means that you are less likely wrong, but does not mean they are never wrong. They are CONSTANTLY wrong about something.

Smoking weed definitely isn't good for your lungs, but taken the additive chemicals in tobacco and studies about them, it isn't anywhere near as bad as cigarettes. Plus THC is known to slow down and/or kill cancer cells.

Provided these facts, I wouldn't consider getting lung cancer from cannabis impossible, but also not something to worry about as with cigarettes.
>>
>>739598672
Man I know right its a shithole lol
>>
>>739593080
The winner is (you)
>>
>>739598254
So you're just being an idiot with nothing to say, except that you are unable to find sources and therefore others should provide them for you. And that everyone that did their research should stop talking about the subject because it needs your approval.

You make me sick for being this ludicrously blatant moron. Die.
>>
>>739587414
Same man, out of the millions of times I've smoked it took just one panic attack to fuck my head up. No it wasn't laced. Just a series of events that scared the shit out off me. And now I'm fucked.
>>
File: IMG_1734.jpg (48KB, 265x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1734.jpg
48KB, 265x299px
>coming to r9k for any sort of advice
enjoy your memes
>>
>>739599157
I posted the study in the first place but whatever.
>>
File: 20140606_180944.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20140606_180944.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>739586707
It depends.
People assume its all the same but that's not the case
A proper flushing and curing gets rid of exessive chlorophyll and sugers that would make the bud less harsh.
Also, pesticides are a thing and smoking them is very bad, and with that said so is insect damage ill be at less of an extent.
Also, using synthetic garbage nutrition is also somthing that could produce harsh bud.

Doing it the right way is organic, properly flushed, properly cured, properly dried, pesticide free cannabis.

A good trait you should notice is white ash apposed to black ash with a fast but even burn.
and never touch yellow smoke as there could be allot of problems there.

Clean cannabis miles ahead not only on taste, but smoothness which won't damage the lungs nearly enough to be compaired to ciggeretes .
>>
>>739599295
You may have confused me about talking about you then. Or then you are two separate people in one head. Either way, you are not the guy I am talking about in this case.
>>
>>739598956
I won't deny that it's a valid point. It's more harmful in my opinion, I'm a prior smoker of both weed and tobacco as well. Still trying to quit smoking cigarettes but I've also been doing it since I was 10 years old.
>>
>>739593595
>"hot chicks" smoking weed
>hot chicks know whats best
keep trying fam you will learn facts somday.
>>
>>739593254
/thread
>>
>>73958693>>739586842
>>739586932
they do have many long term studies, go check before you post, medfag here. Only risk is enphysimia and iritation depending on how much you smoke, long term very heavy use may causes
a slightly larger amount of brain fluid to develop
>>
>>739587039
>While inhaling burnt herb certaintly isn't healthy, marijuana isn't even rudimentarily as dangerous and poisonous as tobacco.
Any difference you may observe is due to the fact that most people who use marijuana aren't smoking 20+ joints per day.
>>
>>739586707
Inhaling hot gas of any kind can cause collapsed lung.
>>
>>739600270
>lying on the Internet
>>
File: 1500133553079.jpg (48KB, 750x730px) Image search: [Google]
1500133553079.jpg
48KB, 750x730px
>>739586785
I LOL'd hard at this. But seriously I will tell you this. You may be doing little harm but you are definitely not improving anything.
>>
>>739586842
Top kek faggot. I got off opioids using cannabis under doctor supervision. Now that's the only thing I do, and only occasionally at that.
>>
>>739587281
I vape dry leaves just under combustion temp
>>
>>739593805
fuck yeah cunt, i feel that, anxiety can be harnessed
>>
>>739600397
Assuming that's true, it is because THC stays much longer in your system thus you need to smoke less thus it is less unhealthy.
Your point?
>>
>>739591861
>"Trust on this thing that scientific research trusts"
They're doing research precisely because they DON'T trust it yet. A lot of the time those herbs will actually end up causing damage to your liver or kidneys and any benefits that aren't due to placebo-effect will be mild to non-existent.
>>
File: weed_edibles-840x440_large.png (324KB, 480x251px) Image search: [Google]
weed_edibles-840x440_large.png
324KB, 480x251px
its better to eat it
>>
>>739586707

well smoking anything isn't GREAT for your lungs but theres zero evidence it will cause cancer or anything serious in terms of respiratory issues. there are other ways to ingest it which completely circumvent the issue of smoking anyways.

as for damage there is nothing serious tied to it. probably not the best thing for people with certain mental illnesses like schizophrenia(then again it's not recommended those kinds of people do any drug) but theres no evidence it's harmful to mentally healthy people. In most cases their mental health is better on it.
>>
>>739600908
It's better for you to shut your whore mouth in a smoking thread faget
>>
>>739591430
Woke nigga
>>
>>739586707
Just vape. I stopped Smoking years ago and im high as fuck everyday. Health of a teeny
>>
>>739589773

honestly every hard drug user I've known found it to be the opposite. by that logic alcohol is the ultimate gateway drug. if someone has an addictive personality and is always looking for a better high then yes pot will be one rung on the ladder they go through as they try everything but so are booze and cigarettes nobody blames them. the overwhelming majority of pot users don't really go any further with it and actually drink less. this is evidenced by the drop in alcohol sales in states that have legalized it. I know most people don't end up junkies just by comparing how much Pot is worth annually as an industry versus everything else. more money is spent on pot every year than all other illicit drugs combined and pot costs a lot less than most of them. that's why the DEA is so against legalizing it, because without it they wouldn't be able to justify their inflated budgets. I've known several former junkies that have gotten off Heroin and hard shit like that and use Pot as their one harmless indulgence. it keeps them off the harder stuff.
>>
>>739590379
hahahaha
>>
>>739600812
Perhaps I put it the wrong way. I am not saying, that these old studies should be taken absolutely 100% credible. But they have given us some direction of knowledge, direction of research based on findings. While some are proven wrong, other so called known facts still hold their position to this day. I don't mean that you should take thousands of years old knowledge and not criticize it, but I would also like to note, that the modern medical science is based on it. And as I said; the Chinese back then didn't know why the herbs provided benefits like they did. What part of the herb affects fever etc. That is why we research the same herbs today. To find different compounds of the plant, isolating those compounds to be used in medication and therefore eliminating possible threats caused by other compounds present in said herb.

Yet so far, no lethal or generally poisonous substances have been found from weed. Something that has been present in medical science for thousands of years, until the 1900's. Studies from the last 50 years provide many positives, yet very little negatives. which backs up the original data dating to old knowledge from thousands of years ago. And I would be an arrogant fool, if I were to say that this was purely coincidental.
>>
>>739601480
What's funny? I'm serious, it's not just when I'm high it is all the time now.
>>
>>739595021

I love how people who apparently don't have the time to educate you have the time to go on for eleventyseven posts about how they don't have time to educate you. at this point just post your fucking links and be done with it otherwise assuming you don't have any is a reasonable conclusion.
>>
>>739587414
Weed didn't do that to you, your weak ass personality did. Don't blame weed for your personal problems. You have anxiety and a shit tolerance for weed. That's all
>>
File: 110432.jpg (73KB, 614x615px) Image search: [Google]
110432.jpg
73KB, 614x615px
>>739586707
Cannabis is a healing herb. It's the alcohol that you need to stay away from.
>>
>tfw just smoked a bowl
lugs are for faggots anyway
>>
File: 1272155118958.jpg (888KB, 1063x797px) Image search: [Google]
1272155118958.jpg
888KB, 1063x797px
>>739601074
Vaping rules. However you only get the THC. The CBC is still in the vaped weed so don't throw that away. Keep it and make Canna-butter with it. That will be very similar to Valium. Relaxing and healing.
>>
>>739587039
Nah it's linked to schizophrenia my dude.
>>
>>739586707
ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE AT ALL

Just ask Michael Phelps, the greatest athlete in history and dedicated pothead.

Seriously tho, you get cannabinoids from BREAST MILK, they're entirely safe. Inhaling smoke isn't, but you could always vape or eat. And, even if you smoke, NOBODY HAS EVER GOTTEN CANCER FROM SMOKING WEED. EVER.

The reason is that mariijuana cures several forms of cancer by causing tumorous cells to undergo apoptosis as they were meant to before mutating.
>>
File: haschkaka.jpg (19KB, 400x208px) Image search: [Google]
haschkaka.jpg
19KB, 400x208px
>>739586707
I think im getting pretty clear with the effects of Weed, but i just tried hash and i'm now wondering how bad it is compared to other drugs?
>>
>>739586707
Low sperm count or abnormal sperm size.
>>
>>739590379
>>739602075
You are experiencing dissociation?
Mild dissociation is common and nothing to worry about.
Watch it. Don't do stronger psychedelics. Go to a ward if it bothers you too much.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+deal+with+dissociation
>>
>>739602628
>linked by correlative studies that have never attempted to show any evidence of causation

You can take your unscientific drivel and house it with all your public concern studies. It doesn't mean anything except that people who are prone to schizophrenia need a way to calm down.
>>
>>739602686
>simultaneously paying for birth control and worried about temporary sperm count

nobody wants kids any more
>>
>>739589646
Tar? Ahahah and where does this tar spontaneously appear from?
>>
>>739602690
Yeah I am, thankyou for the info.
>>
>>739602199
Because, again, it is a waste of my time in means of telling an idiot something they can read about themselves. Because I would have to link data constantly. The simpler solution is always you researching that data yourself. Because I hold no responsibility over your stupidity.

Then there are those generous enough to give you their time to educate you, which you do not appreciate.

You do not seem to understand the concept here. I don't really care if you state what I say is bullshit. And I don't care if you choose not to believe me. What I care about is you being resourceful, instead of a needy bitch. Because if you are a needy bitch, you get nothing, because you are inferior to me, therefore not worthy of me educating you. Simple as that.
>>
>>739586785
So I assume you are a NEET who doesn't have friends or access to marijuana? Do you sit at home angry at those damn potheads, getting high hanging out, having a job? You don't even have a job do you?
>>
>>739602369
This image reflects the wrong truth.
The matter missing is white matter and it only slows down your thinking process. But the myth of alcohol destroying neurons is wrong. White matter can be restored by not drinking meaning the effect of alcohol on the brain can be completely reversed, well except the addiction.
>>
>>739599395
I quit smoking weed when I realized I was probably smoking pesticides, and had been for the past 4 years. lol oops
>>
>>739602639
>to expand

another reason that smoking weed is so much more healthy than smoking anything else is its effects on your BLOOD VESSELS. Marijuana is a vasodilator, meaning smoking it INCREASES the amount of air you are able to take into your lungs (nicotine is a vasoconstrictor, and steadily kills your ability to breathe).

Marijuana is actually medically indicated for treating asthma and emphysema amongst the dozens of other medical benefits it provides.
>>
>>739603289
quit smoking shitty mexican outdoor shwag

smoking is legal now, and nobody puts pesticides on indoor grows.
>>
Not even going to read this thread. I already know it's full of broscience and retards arguing. If you want to know the closest thing to the truth, do some god damn research on your own instead of relying on the advice of btards sourcing their arguments through livestrong articles and bodybuilding . com threads that confirm their biases.
>>
>>739603594
thanks for the advice you waste of air
>>
>>739603190
You are incorrect sir. Chronic alcohol abuse causes DT's (Delirium Tremens), which is a neurological disease by the destruction of brain cells. This is often noted by excessive nervousness, twitching, short attention span and uncontrollable movements.
>>
>>739586707

Smoked weed for around 5 years. It helped me to cope with Zionists/Mossad/illuminatis trying to murder me endless amount of times.

Without weed god knows where I could have been, probably dismantled body pieces buried in Australia during Kabbalah rituals that these idiots do.
>>
>>739590740
explain
>>
>>739603594
It's a bait post to get the little shit lords that inhabit this site to argue amongst themselves...does summer never end?
>>
>>739603696
>do some god damn research on your own instead of relying on the advice of btards

that's always good advice
>>
>>739603594
Exactly this. If you do not research, shut the fuck up, since you do not have anything clever to say in the first place. Other people do the research, but you are this unique snowflake that should be provided with it, simply because you have an uneducated argument?

>>739603696
You are a waste of air.
>>
>>739603833
my research says you're a retard who posts assumptions without reading threads. Nobody cares about your advice, you lazy self-righteous tool.
>>
>>739603739
DT isn't simply "noted by excessive nervousness..." It's a fucking medical emergency.
>>
>>739594911
False, my co workers all blaze and party but none if them know that I do as well.
>>
>>739587281
>uses dmg
>doesn't use copd
You're a fucking mess, bro.
>>
>>739604037
>being this new to /b/
>>
>>739603459
It only widens your vessels.
But in its burned state it has a negative impact. Weed burns with a lot of carbon monooxides and a lot of side products due to no filter, meaning the amount of air per gramm of blood is significantly lower than after smoking a single cigarette.
Side note: cigarettes also widen the blood vessels, but it clogs them.

For asthma it is again not used in its burned state. As someone with asthma breathing in smoke microparticles, whatever the source is, is hell on earth.
>>
>>739602376
So are "n"s
>>
>>739604099
>the inevitable fallback position
you've got nothing
>>
>>739604065
Just wrote out the whole initialism to sound like he knows what the fuck he is talking about.
>>
>>739603739
https://pubs.niaaa.nih.gov/publications/arh25-4/299-306.htm

DT is a completely different thing. It is the bodies reaction to withdrawal of the addictive material. Just like heroin and shit. Nothing to do with brain matter.
>>
>>739604191
I'm just not engaging with you because I know I'm right. If you seek out the advice of /b/tards, you are a dumbass and deserve whatever you get.
>>
>>739604127
no, cigarettes constrict blood vessels, you are entirely wrong.

My best friend CURED his asthma with monster bong rips after 20+ years of prescription cortico-steroid treatments.

Do you have any experience at all in the medical industry or are you just talking out your ass?
>>
>>739604127
>air per gramm of blood
when you have air in your blood you are gonna die lol.
That's not even broscience. That's complete and utter bullshit.
>>739604379
out of his ass
>>
>>739604288
I certainly was never seeking your advice, yet you keep trying to give it
>>
>>739586707
idk no studies have been done?

if they remove it from schedule 1 maybe we can have some real answers
>>
Usually i just lurk on this site but i dont want OP to get the wrong idea. Weed like an other substance affects you differently from person to person. If you think of the big picture here you are a walking chemical reaction housed in a meat. your chemical levels and make up are far different from mine. Breathing In smoke of any kind is harmful, but the thc and other active substances in the devils lettuce havent really shown any real negative signs, id say i have more of a health issue with soda pop then i do weed. Thats just my two cents tho.
>>
>>739586842
The THC in marijuana has well-defined anti-tumoral effects that have been shown to inhibit the growth of a variety of cancers in animal models and tissue culture systems, thus counteracting the potentially tumorigenic effects of the procarcinogens in marijuana smoke.”

http://adai.uw.edu/marijuana/factsheets/respiratoryeffects.htm
>>
>>739604771
I'm not trying to give it, I already did. It's been given. I gave it to OP, who was indeed asking for advice. If you are OP, stop being a faggot. If you aren't OP, stop being a faggot.
>>
>>739604379
>no, cigarettes constrict blood vessels, you are entirely wrong.

http://ajprenal.physiology.org/content/277/6/F882
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9707209
They state initally smoking a cigarette widens blood vessels, only after continous smoking the get tighter.

>My best friend CURED his asthma with monster bong rips after 20+ years of prescription cortico-steroid treatments.
Anecdotial evidence, I found nothing stating smoking could heal asthma

>Do you have any experience at all in the medical industry or are you just talking out your ass?
Do you? As I said, chronic asthma and smoker getting handed from clinic to clinic.

>>739604729
In my country it is called air saturation and you got the message, didn't you?
>>
>>739604729
Inject yourself with air, then yes, you die from a heart attack. However, there is oxygen in the blood. Red cells carry it from your lungs across your body so your body functions. Literally every tissue in your body needs oxygen to work. Being this retarded tells me that there may be a problem of oxygen not being carried in your brain.
>>
>ITT: DON'T TRUST ANYONE

except the pharma companies, they would NEVER lie to you
>>
>>739604993
the source you provided does not support your claim
>>
>>739604993
In addition the US Government has a patent on Cannabis. It works very well as an antioxidant and a neuro-protector.
https://www.google.com/patents/US6630507
>>
>>739605125
Air is a mixture of gasses. You don't have mixed gasses anywhere in your body.
Well, maybe in your colon and your skull.
>>
>>739605117
a few seconds of vasodilation due to ADDICTION responses is not significant compared to a lifetime of vasoconstriction from being a cigarette addict. Quit arguing insignificant technicalities and recognize the fact that there is a SIGNIFICANT difference between marijuana and cigarette smoke.

All evidence is anecdotal, it's just about who pays to collect it all. The only people who could LEGALLY study weed were the people making it illegal, so all of the studies were into potentially significant harmful effects.
>of which they found NONE

I do have experience in the medical field, and not just as an unhealthy body. This isn't my specialty, but I've take a good decade of medical classes.
>>
>>739592777
220 for a ounce of top shelf
50 for a gram of dab LMAO!!!
>>
>>739605415
this is false. if your blood was only capable of bonding with and transporting oxygen, inhaled drugs wouldn't have any effect, as everything but oxygen would just sit in your lungs. Everything in the air, from nitrogen to carbon dioxide, even to the minute amounts of hydrogen and helium are carried everywhere. Now, whether or not the other shit DOES anything is another question, but it is carried everywhere in your body.
>>
>>739586842
Not to mention rat poison or whatever they pit into that shit
>>
>>739605236
does not support or disprove, although the guy quoted in the article DID try to disprove this and was unsuccessful.

yeah, he could have used a better source, but his point still stands.
>>
>>739605714
To the addiction of nicotine, you are right, but carbon monooxide still has the widening effect.

>Quit arguing insignificant technicalities and recognize the fact that there is a SIGNIFICANT
Funny that you made the goalpost shift. I was saying it only as a side note, you then grabbed and stopped the initial argument.

Well then you may have to revisit your inital claim. Marijuana smoked tightens the vessels in heart and brain.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/03/170309142318.htm

And they are not that different. Both are burnt plant matter in the end. The dosis only makes the poison.
http://www.ukcia.org/research/smoke-contents.php

>All evidence is anecdotal
If you think so, but then arguing with you is useless.
>>
>>739605821
It is not air in your blood vessels. It are dissolved gases.
>>
>>739606396
>moving the goal posts
are you really too dense to realize that final state of your blood vessels is what actually matters?
>>
>>739606622
>Ignoring my whole post
>Only attacking what I accepted I was wrong about
K

Yes, you moved the goalpost from "burnt weed contains bad ingredients too" to "cigarettes are worse" in your second post.
>>
this thread is over, nerds. move on to the next one.
>>
>>739587661
kek
Thread posts: 296
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.