[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does choosing to believe in Atheism actually increase your

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 240
Thread images: 15

File: IntelligentAtheist.jpg (9KB, 296x170px) Image search: [Google]
IntelligentAtheist.jpg
9KB, 296x170px
Does choosing to believe in Atheism actually increase your intelligence level?
>>
>>738911351
no.
>>
Jesus is the most intelligent man in the universe.
>>
>>738911351
It's actually the reverse. Atheism is actually a religion unto itself. The most autistic religion there is.
>>
File: 1494562163542.jpg (23KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1494562163542.jpg
23KB, 640x640px
no but neither does anything besides learning stuff like reading books n shit.
>>
>>738911351
No, But more often smarter people tend to turn to atheism because they're more apt to question the teachings instead of blindly accepting what's presented to them.
>>
>Asks if atheism makes you smart
>Has a picture of Richard Dawkins
wat
>>
We don't know, religious fucks can't give us a straight answer even though they are more against the gays thann /pol/
>>
atheists are morons who think they clever/smart when in fact they are less intelligent than everyone else
>>
>>738911351
No, you have the cause and effect backwards. Having a higher intelligence level just makes it more likely that you'll be an atheist.
>>
>>738911351
One does not simply believe in atheism.
>>
>choosing to believe in atheism
>implying it's a choice
>>
>>738911581
You 'tarded. Atheism literally means without religion
>>
>>738911351
>choosing
No
>>
>>738911351
No.
What it should do is make you more of a critical thinker, be more rational, logical and skeptical. That will make you more intelligent.

Believing without any proof almost seems like it goes against evolution.
>>
>>738911351

Well yes, because your mind has accepted that there is no higher power and that there is scientific reasons for things.

Rather than....

Oh hey God made flowers, and the sky, and the clouds, and the sun, and the moon.

People religiously into their faiths, will dismiss anything scientific and will sit and be told what to believe, and that is not intelligence, that is just being a sheep, an American.

A small test, does this picture hurt your eyes because of scientific reasons or because of God? If God then why is he hurting your eyes?
>>
>>738911351

You are painfully unfunny OP.
>>
>>738911351
Atheism philosophy is just as retarded as any religion. they all pretend they know the truth, without any shred of evidence.
>>
>>738912527
No they don't. But you do.
>>
>>738912527

Except atheism is the one true religion.
>>
>>738911351
Choosing to believe in it does not. However, those with higher "Intelligence levels" may choose to be atheist more than those with lower levels, hence the correlation.
>>
Richard Dawkins has the gayest fucking voice
>>
>>738911351
It's more along the lines of being smart lets you easily understand they there is not a wizard in the sky watching you.

That's not to say there are no paranormal or spiritual things out there to figure out and discover, but sky wizard is most definitely not one of them.
>>
>>738911351
>Atheism closes the mind to the corruption or religion
>Agnosticism opens it back up to the truth.
>>
>>738912649
yes they do, religion base their truth on faith and old stories they say are holy, atheists say that their is no god, and nothing afer death, period. fuck you're dumb. i like how you imply what i might be thinking, but again you are wrong.
>>
>>738911351
>choosing beliefs
If evidence doesn't govern your beliefs you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>738912350

The euphoria and fedora from this post is off the charts!
>>
>>738913226

What evidence is there that there is no God? I'm really interested to know.
>>
>>738911581
Bald is not a hair color.
"Off" is not a TV channel.
Not having any hobbies is not considered a hobby in itself.
Atheism is a lack of religion.
Are you trying to be this retarded?
>>
>>738913318

Why do you Americans always assume so much. Are you unable to think for yourselves that other scenarios are likely to happen?

"But but but you do not think like me, so you must be something I hate, because religious logic"
>>
>>738913362

What evidence is there that there is a God?
>>
>>738913415
>tips fedora
>>
>>738913462
>>738913362

both right, you guys should fuck.
>>
>>738913462

I'm not saying there is. There is none. There is no evidence that God exists and no evidence that he doesn't exist. Hence why I am Agnostic. \
>>
>>738912527
Atheist's don't usually make truth claims. They accept observable demonstrable facts, sure, but mostly atheism is simply a rejection of the theistic claim. Theists claim "there is a god" to which atheists say "OK, proof?" And when theists fail to provide sufficient proof for their claim, the atheist rejects said claim. It's really very simple. What you are describing is actually the straw man version of atheism that theists present to make it easier for them to dismiss. Like with their other claims, it does not match up with reality, and is therefore useless.
>>
SSDD

People saying their God is the one true God, Jehova was never the first God that was worshipped, dozens of religions before Christianity appeared before it did.

So somehow theirs is the real one. Because window licker logic.

While they cry out "Prove there is no God" like it is some sort of instant win, but they forget that like I said other Religions existed before theirs, so ask them the same question "Prove there was no other Gods before yours."

They can't. And then they will get upset, salty and angry. Because their own logic has defeated them.
>>
File: 1218150571594.jpg (53KB, 604x483px) Image search: [Google]
1218150571594.jpg
53KB, 604x483px
>>738911351
No. It doesn't.
"atheism" is simply not believing in storybook lies.

it's how we would all be, left to learn and grow without outside influence.

having a religion, is like taking a normal person, and getting them to believe a certain amount of incorrect information. Lies.
(depending on the specific religion)

Even this 'belief', by itself doesn't make you less intelligent, or more intelligent...
however it does set a grounds for gullibility.

If a person can believe one giant lie, without question...
they are likely to believe other lies, easily.

Hence suicide bombers, etc.

Thanks for asking.
>>
>>738913362
Exactly the same amount as there is disproving dragons, santa claus, and women on the internet.
>>
>>738913774
Please provide proof there is no God. Otherwise, logically it makes more sense to believe. Why needlessly go to hell. Just to be edgy? Have fun in eternal torment.
>>
>>738913774
the ones who speak out do. and they can eat dicks as much as the other holy retards.
>>
>>738911351
I started believing in atheism, but now I don't believe in anything anymore.
>>
>>738914061
can't prove there is a god, so, asks others to prove their is none, then decides what logic dictates.. logic is based only on facts... not belief... retard.
>>
>>738911351
"Choosing to believe"

Obvious troll is obvious.
>>
>>738914061
Don't tell me what to do faggot.
If you want to tell me something exists produce the evidence. Untill then you are automatically wrong.
>>
>>738914499

Are you saying we don't have a choice to believe in what we choose to believe? lolwut?
>>
>>738914578
You have a choice, retard. Using choice
>>
>>738914061
I never claimed that there is no god. If you are claiming that there is a god then the burden of proof lies on you to demonstrate your claim. Something that is true doesn't require belief, it simply requires evidence. Here's the thing: I **want** to believe. So you have a willing attentive audience. All you have to do is provide me an adequate reason to believe. And no, appealing to Pascal's Wager doesn't work. Which hell? How do we go about figuring out which god of the 5,000 that have been worshipped throughout history we need to appease? What if it's one we don't know about? You probably aren't concerned about the eternal damnation awaiting you from the thousands of other religions out there, so you can excuse me for not being concerned about yours.
>>
>>738914578
Your choices are simple. Believe or face damnation.
>>
>>738914542
you don't have the facts to say he's automatically wrong, its simply unproven. don't be an automatic retard...
>>
>>738914061
I ate mushrooms everyday for the past 4 months slowly increasing in doses up to 10g ended up admitting to wife I was masterbating/attempting to cheat and failing because im a low self esteem motherfuck because "I had to get right with God" now divorced. Hahahahaha.
>>
>>738914792
Believe who? Which God? Face damnation of which religion?
>>
>>738913023
But they don't, Atheists that aren't just pretentious fedoras don't say that.
They do not say it is absolutely true. They say that nothing can prove or disprove god, but everything that we know, and the scientific method all say that a god is extremely improbable.

Athiests are actually against anyone saying they know the absolute truth.

Get a little knowledge in ya sometime, champ.
>>
>>738914948
There is only one true God, his son, and the Holy Ghost.
>>
>>738915118
Maybe research it then. To find your "true" story actually is based off an older, different story.
>>
>>738915118
Bill Cosby ?
>>
Religion is a simple tool made by people to explain death and not to be fearful of it, because some sort of afterlife where you can forever be happy.

Problem is it is all a lie, and a method to control the masses. Groups of misused Religions over the centuries to kill and harass.

And it all started with a caveman lighting fire from a stone and dry grass, they worshipped the fire as a God and thought it came from the Sun God. Because they didn't know the science behind it.

Hence why religions over the years had mostly a Sun God as their main Deity.

Now consider that Christianity would burn scientists at the stake and even their own, for looking into Sciences that were seen as evil. But of course today they accept science.

So why not accept science back then? Because they were in control of the masses with fear. Now people are not scared of the churches and religions and question them, so they gave in and accepted Science.

So yeah that is all it is, a method to calm the fears of people dying and that somehow they will meet up with all their loved ones. And of course to control people in how they act and think.
>>
>>738914147
Odd, I've been reading blogs, listening to podcasts, and watching videos by pretty much all the prominent outspoken atheists for almost a decade now...and they are all pretty much consistent that they don't make a claim. They don't say "god does not exist" or "there is no god". They do say "provide evidence for your god", sure, but again the only time I've seen any reference to atheists making claims it's always by misinformed theists trying to create strawmen. I guess when you start realizing the facts are against you and logic is just too hard, it's easier to just misrepresent your opponent and attack that. Whatever makes them feel better, I guess.
>>
>>738915089
i'm sorry if i offended your hat.
>>
>>738915240
Why must you insist on being so edgy? Eurofag?
>>
It only makes me miserable from time to time
>>
>>738915318
ive listened to plenty too, and they claimed otherwise, saying there is no god. all attention whores
>>
No but it makes your dick 8 inches. checkmate christians
>>
>>738915377

He is correct, Christianity is based from Judaism, just as Islam is based on Christianity.
>>
>>738915377
Im literally just giving you a thought you probably didn't have, in an attempt to look it up even if just to prove me wrong
>>
>>738915118
OK and how did you come to choose these three particular gods, out of the thousands that have been worshiped throughout history? Aren't you worried about the eternal damnation you'll face from Allah, or the Greek gods, or El Elyon, etc, if they should happen to be true? Isn't that safer to just believe in them, instead of risking eternal torment?
>>
>>738915561
What difference does that make? The Jews are God's chosen people.
>>
>>738911351
Yes because you'd be correct. But you can't just choose what you believe, you have to look at evidence and decide what's the case.
>>
>>738915348
The quality of response i expected.
>>
>>738915666
wrong, only the Pastafarianists are the chosen people.
>>
>>738915713
i admire your faith
>>
Hey Christianfags prove that The Force is not a legitimate religion.

I await your answer.
>>
>>738914061
You're making pascal's wager: basically, that if God does not exist and you believe in him anyway then nothing bad happens to you, but if he does exist and you don't believe in him you suffer.

The problem is that any god would know you are simply making this wager and you would not be rewarded. Also, if god does exist he probably wont send you to hell just for being an atheist if you were a good person in life.
>>
File: 3e2.jpg (413KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
3e2.jpg
413KB, 1200x1600px
>>738915713
*Tips Fedora
>>
>>738914061
>Please provide proof there is no God.

Here you go:

http://www.ditext.com/mackie/evil.html
>>
>>738913362
burdenof.proof
>>
>>738911581
>Atheism is actually a religion

I always laugh when you theists do that. When you try to insult atheism by calling it a religion, you are insulting yourself as well.
>>
ITT
Atheists who can't prove anything and losing their shit about it.
>>
>>738916436
have you read the thread?
>>
>>738911351

>choosing to believe
>believe in atheism

No, it simply avoids one particularly foolish delusion and the attendant damage to critical thinking skills.

But posing questions as you do, you're gonna need a lot more help before they let you operate the Fryolator by yourself, OP.
>>
>>738916021
And I would even take this further - the idea that if you believe and are wrong, you have lost nothing. What if Allah was the true god? Or El Elyon? Or the gods of the Aztecs, the Egyptians, the Romans? Or what if it's some god or gods we know nothing about, that you ignored in your worship of the false god of the Israelites? Basically, in appealing to belief "just in case", you're actually just making an arbitrary choice of which god to stake your bet on - and you're still risking the hellfire of every other religion that has ever existed. And even if there are no gods or afterlife, you haven't "lost nothing". You've actually wasted the most precious thing any of us ever will receive, and can never get back - life - pursuing a lie. And worse, depending on how religious you were in life, you likely caused others to waste their lives as well, perpetuating this vicious cycle of waste all in the hopes of something better after you die.
>>
File: Baby Jaysoos.jpg (131KB, 619x800px) Image search: [Google]
Baby Jaysoos.jpg
131KB, 619x800px
Believing in Christianity is like.....
>>
>>738911506
That nigger couldn't even read and write
>>
>>738912106
it's still a commitment to a belief that can't be empirically proven
>>
>>738911581
>Atheism is actually a religion unto itself

How does this work, exactly? What makes atheism a religion?
>>
>>738916112
>Life and matter magically come from nothing
>>
>>738916806
>it's still a commitment to a belief that can't be empirically proven

Do you believe I'm God? If you say no, is that characteristic of some anon-isn't-God religion you've adopted?
>>
>>738916661
>>
>>738916436
KEK
Seriously, did you even read the thread? Theists making outlandish claims as always, the atheists asking for evidence, and then the theists squirming attempting to shift the burden of proof or commit logical fallacies...I'd say it's pathetic, but it's really nothing new for theism.
>>
File: tubular bells.jpg (154KB, 800x628px) Image search: [Google]
tubular bells.jpg
154KB, 800x628px
>>
>>738911351
No

I think it makes you look like an ass.

You may claim to be a scientific mind, but it would be foolish to state so confidently that god doesn't exist.
>>
>>738916834
What makes you think that?
>>
>>738916806

You can't disprove Russell's teapot or Sagan's garage dragon or Descartes' evil demon. That doesn't mean everyone who disbelieves in those things is religious.
>>
>>738916816

The usual analogy is: If atheism is a religion, then not collecting stamps in a hobby.

It is an absence of belief in any gods, nothing more.

Now, it is certainly possible to build up a subculture, mythos, and even a dogma around that absence, as do some Fedorians, but it still would not qualify as a religion under any commonly accepted definition.
>>
>>738916913
I don't have enough evidence to confirm nor deny the existence of God.
Why waste time mulling over unfalsifiable claims?
>>
>>738916834

Stop lying using green text.
>>
>>738916834
that statement has nothing to do with atheism tho, nice strawman
>>
>>738916112
why don't you prove it magically comes from something.
>>
>>738917123
>truth is a lie
OK
>>
File: WHATch 1453140800416.jpg (181KB, 493x1288px) Image search: [Google]
WHATch 1453140800416.jpg
181KB, 493x1288px
>>738911351
>choosing a belief
>believing in atheism
>mistaking cause for effect
stop trolling
>>
ITT: smart atheists trolling stupid atheist, by pretending to be retarded theists
>>
>>738915302
so fuckin true all the christ fags could not even respond to you.
>>
>>738917028
Atheism believes the same thing they criticize religion for believing, except they just need a lot more time mixed in
>>
File: if.jpg (29KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
if.jpg
29KB, 600x300px
>>738911581
>>
>>belief
>>Athiesm

Op I think you might be missing something here
>>
>>738911683
Preach brother.
>>
>>738917295
>same thing
>except
then is not the same thing
>>
>>738917017

The vast majority of "atheists" are of the same type as Dawkins himself: not firm believers who have declared that no god can possibly exist -- that cannot be proven -- but rather that the chances of it are so remote as to be pointless to factor into any decision. "Atheist" is just a convenient label that saves a lot of typing.

And if one were to grant the existence of a Deist-style, absentee-landlord creator, that still brings with it not a shred of evidence that it would be the monstrous creature depicted in the Bible.
>>
>>738917030
And you can't disprove Pascal's Wager, but I don't see people flaunting that over others like judgemental zealots, at least not recently.
>>
>>738911581
Retardalert.jpg
>>
>>738917246

You know he's isn't trolling, man. This is what a complete absence of (critical) thinking skills looks like.
>>
>>738917434

>I added a sentence to the research paper i found online, therefore it's not plagiarism, not the same thing
>>
>>738917108

I asked if you believed I was God. So your answer is maybe?

Anyway, virtually no atheists claim know for certain God doesn't exist. This whole line of argument against atheism is a straw man.
>>
I am GOD, prove otherwise. You can't.
>>
>>738917295

"We don't know everything about the universe, therefore atheism and religion are epistemically identical"
>>
>>738917681
>not the same thing
it isn't, is a copy with an addition

>it's not plagiarism
it is, because it's a copy with an addition

anon, stop posting
>>
>>738917295
Atheism doesn't rely on beliefs at all, actually. Atheists are usually content to stick within the confines of what is demonstrable and testable, and don't bother with unfalsifiables. If we're talking about origins, for example, atheists defer to scientists who are working on models to explain the big bang, abiogenesis, etc. But I don't know of a single atheist who claims that the universe came magically from nothing. Any atheist with a shred of intellectual honesty simply states "we don't currently know how the big bang happened." Now that we've established that you have advanced capabilities in projection and creating strawmen, do you have anything substantial to add, or are we done here?
>>
>>738917687
Actually they do
Agnostics claim to not know. Yeah yeah there's nuance I know we're talking black and white here.

Again, why commit to beliefs you'll never be validated for?
You could be a spider for all I know.
>>
>>738917471
>And you can't disprove Pascal's Wager,

Sure you can. You just hypothesize a god that sends religious people to Super Hell for believing in the wrong one.
>>
>>738917471

The Wager is not a subject of proof; it is rather an argument, a very stupid one, at self-interest dictates faith as a logical choice. The Wager has been repeated torn to shreds.

Put in easy-to-understand terms:

"And what if we picked the wrong religion? Every day, we're just making God madder and madder!"

--Homer Simpson.
>>
>>738916816

Atheists in the modern age prosthelytize more than actual religions do.

There is clearly the equivalent of heresy to atheists.

Atheists have priests that preach their faith, like Dawkins.

Atheists believe that anyone who isn't an atheist is stupid or misled, like the religious believe that anyone who isn't saved is damned.

Atheists misrepresent the religious, like the religious misrepresent non-believers.
>>
>>738914061
ATTENTION ATHEISTS

I'm waiting for your proof. Where is it? I really want to know.
>>
>>738911351
>believing in Atheism

I see what you did there, OP.

Fuck you. Do you hear?

FUCK. YOUR. BULLSHIT.
>>
>>738917907
>Actually they do

No, they don't. What you're suggesting is that virtually all self-described atheists are mistaken about what they are. So, fine. But just say that.

>You could be a spider for all I know.

But you don't really believe that. And your position on that matter is perfectly epistemically reasonable. Just like atheism is.
>>
>>738917552
he must be trolling. Its /b/, no1s that dumb and religious ppl just pretend to be delusional
>>
>>738918062
>proof

prove god exists faggot
>>
Religion is taught at a very young age, usually by the parents and that conditioning is very hard to overcome without the tools of critical thinking. I got mine in college. We learned to seek truth, and that evolution is fact, and in that situation there's no room for gods.

You don't become smarter by claiming to be atheist. You become more informed and wind up atheist.
>>
>>738917961

>Five point strawman

Good job.
>>
>>738918062
Has it occurred to you that the only "evidence" is taken on hearsay?

That's not how science works.
>>
>>738918062
>burden of proof
>proving sth doesnt exist
>its better to assume something is true and hold it as true, until its proven false
what else can u get backwards? Msiehta?
>>
>>738917471
>you can't disprove Pascal's Wager
mainly because it is a thought experiment not subject to the standards of practical scientific work
but it can be proved to be highly flawed
>Pascal's wager assumes that there is one god
>Pascal's wager assumes that there is only one religion
>Pascal's wager assumes that said religion's dogma is received directly from god with no additions by humans
>>
>>738917918
>>738917938

>"And what if we picked the wrong religion? Every day, we're just making God madder and madder!"
>--Homer Simpson.

As usual, Homer makes the point more succinctly than I did.
>>
>>738917471
>disproving speculation

kek
>>
>>738917891

you don't know how the big something came from the big nothing and had a big boom
>>
>>738917961

Really? Because I have to chase away Mormons and Jehovas from my door, even here in Japan, but strangely, no atheists have ever come a-knocking.

That argument is palpable bullshit, and you know it.
>>
>>738917961
Shut up you fucking faggot.
>>
>>738913979
pic is misattributed
Epicurus held that the gods exist but their existence is material and at such a distance that they are unable to affect human affairs
>>
>>738914792
fearmonger
>>
>>738918423
>no atheists have ever come a-knocking
inb4 the taxman

ha
haha
hahahahahah
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>738914792
>your choices
suck my dick
that is your only choice faggot
>>
>>738918154

Major respect to anyone brought up in a very religious family who travelled the long, oft-frightening path to sanity.
>>
>>738916079
inb4 free will
inb4 it's OK for god to experiment on mankind because he's divine
>>
>>738915118
>There is only one true God, his son, and the Holy Ghost.

Why should I believe you?
>>
>>738916816
Anon is mad because people don't believe in a stupid sky god like he does
>>
>>738917918
>>738917938
Y'all are missing the point. Why arbitrarily label yourselves?
>>738918263
And atheistic thought isn't mere speculation as well?
People who call themselves atheists are really just nihilists who like to pretend to understand things greater than themselves. Your science is limited by those who devise it.
>>
>>738918609
>inb4 free will

Even that won't get religious people around the problem of natural evil.
>>
>>738918062
ONCE AGAIN.
And pay attention this time.
We don't have to provide proof that God doesn't exist.
Where's your that Sasquatch doesn't exist? Can't provide any? Then it must exist!
Where's your proof that Middle Earth doesn't exist in another realm? Can't provide any? Then it must exist!
Where's your proof that the Marvel Cinematic Universe doesn't exist in an alternate dimension? See how pointless this is?
If all that's required to believe something exists is to not be able to prove that it *doesn't*, then you can literally justify believing in anything you can think.
Question. Where's your proof that god exists? Will you be the first theist in history to actually give a straight answer to that very simple question?
>>
>>738918677
inb4 god created evil to test man
inb4 stupid faggotry because they can't grasp your simple point
>>
>>738915118
>There is only one true God, his son, and the Holy Ghost.
>one
>lists three individuals
and this is excluding Catholicism's pantheon of saints and angels which by definition qualify as gods
>>
>>738918654
>Y'all are missing the point. Why arbitrarily label yourselves?

It's not arbitrary. Words mean things. "I'm an atheist" works just like "I'm a conservative" or "I'm a person".
>>
>>738918678
The answer to every single one of your questions is in the Bible.
>>
>>738918678
>Where's your proof that god exists?
inb4 the Bible
inb4 massive Christian faggotry
>>
>>738918840
The Bible was written by men.
Men lie, anon.
>>
>>738918774
inb4 catholics aren't christians
>>
>>738918654
>And atheistic thought isn't mere speculation as well?
it arrived at by use of the scientific method
then no
it is an understanding of the universe as it can be tested and excluding all speculation that can not be tested (ie the existence of any god)
>>
>>738918933
>trying to explain science to a fundie

kek
>>
>>738918489

Funny you should mention that. I learned just last night that I have a 50,000$ unpaid tax debt that I can't dodge. I am very, very hungover right now.
>>
>>738918933
its a suspension of judgement - thats as little speculation as it gets
>>
My core belief is that everyone else's beliefs are irrelevant. Beyond that I don't really care either way whether God exists or not. The shitty world we live in is evidence enough that if there is a God he's an asshole.
>>
>>738919011
>I have a 50,000$ unpaid tax debt
protip: take Dominos Pizza off speed dial
>>
>>738911351
>believe in Atheism

You fucking retard.
>>
>>738919011

Wanna trade for my law school loans?
>>
You are not "choosing to believe in atheism." Atheism is the opposite. It is the act of not believing.
>>
>>738918818
One's a political ideology, grounded in our reality we perceive.
The concept of people is created by people as well and is observable.

Atheism is an ideology of things we cannot and will not ever comprehend.
>>
File: kek_saviour.jpg (518KB, 1280x809px) Image search: [Google]
kek_saviour.jpg
518KB, 1280x809px
>>738918840
Read this:
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/abs/long.htm
>>
File: its 420.jpg (50KB, 677x299px) Image search: [Google]
its 420.jpg
50KB, 677x299px
Hey Christ fags... if God is so great why does he allow babies to be born as Spastics? Aren't babies innocent?
>>
>>738918879
also, the holy bible is a reader's digest of holy scriptures... what makes em holy?, and why were some left out?, was it because some rang false after time? and are they holy only cause they are old?, if so at what age do we become holy?
>>
>>738919130
Yeah but OP is mad.
>>
>>738918840
>The answer to every single one of your questions is in the Bible.
So the proof for Sasquatch, Middle Earth, the MCU, is all in the Bible? That's crazy, you'd think that I would have come across that sometime during the 20 years that I was a believer.
>>
>>738918654

>People who call themselves atheists are really >just nihilists who like to pretend to understand >things greater than themselves

Holy fuck, the levels of projection here. Religious assholes claim to be in regular telepathic contact with the creator of the universe. Atheists admit their ignorance which is the first step in seeking knowledge.
>>
>>738919189
I want to read the book where Jesus experimented with homosexuality. It exists. For real.
>>
>>738911351

>Does choosing to believe in Atheism actually increase your intelligence level?
>believe in Atheism
>believe

I know it's bait, but you're still a retard
>>
>>738919265
OP has a wall sized portrait of Mike Pence.
>>
>>738918933
The scientific method isn't infallible.
Theory's change all the time.
The scientific applications we make are based on our understanding of things, which is always subject to change.
>>
>>738919109

Actually, my most expensive food weakness is this yakiniku place nearby. All-you-can and all-you-can-drink, including booze for about 3500Â¥.
>>
>>738919320
>Theory's change
somebody didn't pay attention to the teacher
lol
>>
>>738919256
that's unpossible!, I mean he ran around with 12 guys and... oh.. shit..
>>
>>738919233
It's knowledge you'll never attain anon.
>>
>>738919256
some of the fragments of the scripture of Judas allude to Jesus experimenting in homosexuality with all the apostles
unfortunately there is no complete extant copy
so it can't be confirmed
>>
>>738918187
>I don't know what a strawman is.

reeeeeeee
>>
>>738919120

Can't say I do, but at least you have an education to show for it. I just stupidly failed to file.
>>
>>738911581
Yes friend, and starvation is my favourite food.
>>
>>738919139
>Atheism is an ideology of things we cannot and will not ever comprehend.

No, it's just not believing in God.

>Atheism is an ideology of things we cannot and will not ever comprehend.

I'm hereby coining the term gorblezorp. Gorblezorp has to do with an incomprehensible series of non-spatio-temporal dimensions I hypothesize exists somewhere in some fashion. If you don't believe in gorblezorp, then you've adopted an ideology.

See how stupid that is?
>>
>>738919363
>Japan
can't you "rent" a fake accountant to tell you everything's all right?
>>
>>738919320
maybe you should go back to school
>>
>>738919416

We inch toward it every day. The Internet alone would have blown the minds of anyone living just 100 years ago.
>>
>>738919421
>Jesus experimenting in homosexuality
it really is the best hands on way
to drive your point home
>>
>>738919421
thats why he denied knowing jesus, no guard i don't know that faggot, honest! x 3
>>
>>738919421

thousands of years later, dig up religious fan fiction - wow, another legit book!
>>
>>738919443

Fine. It's just a series of five false universal assertions applied to atheists.
>>
>>738919617
>it's just a bunch of shit I made up
>because my butt hurts

kek
>>
>>738919320
>theory's
remind me what fixed the errors of science. Was it religion? Or was it more science?
>>
>>738919688
not that anon but armies fixed them
by the sword
>>
>>738919585
the Nag Hamadi texts and Dead Sea scrolls have as strong a provenance as the canon scriptures
sometimes their provenance dates to an earlier time than the earliest examples of the canon gospels
>>
yeah as anon said why does God allow babies to be born retarded when they are totally innocent. checkmate faggots.
>>
>>738919477

Heh. You know, I probably could.
>>
>>738911351
God is a reward if you go through your entire life without killing yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 512x287px)
image.jpg
28KB, 512x287px
>>738919825

Blah blah sin, blah blah, Satan, blah blah fall from grace.

Fuck, I've heard it all.
>>
I wouldn't say it increases your intelligence level, but it gets you more attuned with reality. Makes you look at things for what they are and nothing more. I think it's a refreshing mindset and I'm glad I'm not religious any more, but I'd imagine that all sounds a bit scary to those still believing.
>>
>>738920041

You do realise I was against Religion yes?
>>
>>738920046
The faithful don't care.

The insecure who call themselves "faithful" get pretty buttmad at this shit.
>>
File: truth.jpg (143KB, 1200x580px) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
143KB, 1200x580px
>>
>>738919818

canon scriptures refer to lots of heresy going around much earlier. The old texts you mention - just because they're older doesn't mean they're better, the desert climate areas were able to preserve documents much better than colder and wetter areas up north.
>>
>>738919825
To punish they're metaphorically retarded parents
>>
>>738920046
>>
>>738911351
lol
>>
>>738919678

> Please let me drink more semen
>>
>>738911351
>choosing to believe in Atheism

lol
>>
>>738919818
Atheist here.

It's really looking like an unexplainable series of events occurred to pre-Industrial society people and they took it to mean "god."
>>
>>738913771
so you believe there is something that there is no proof for?
>>
>>738911351

How would it increase your intelligence level? Like, what does that even mean? "Now that I don't believe in God I can memorize Pi to 150 places"
>>
>>738920325
You drink godcock anon
I wouldn't be pointing
>>
>>738920046

I'm not religious. You ever imagine yourself in a literal life or death situation? Terminal illness. Hit by a drunk driver, trapped in car. Nigger with a fun to your head. You wouldn't, even for a second, hope for "something more", even if whe in a non-threat situation, you knew it was a delusion?
>>
File: fsm.jpg (31KB, 341x343px) Image search: [Google]
fsm.jpg
31KB, 341x343px
>>
>>738920463

a gun...
>>
>>738913771
>no evidence that he doesn't exist.
Yes there is faggot

every single "word of god" was written by men.

Men. MEN. MEN, faggot.

Men. Men. MEN.
>>
>>738911351
No, it just makes you more attractive in the eyes of the opposite sex.
>>
>>738914061
>proving a negative
did you fat preacher daddy homeschool you?

kek
>>
>>738920205

So he punished a kid who hadn't done anything bad, because of parents. But yet God doesn't punish innocents, that is said countless times in the bible.

So why the hypocrisy?
>>
>>738920463
are you trying to compare hope and faith?
>>
>>738920202
the canon scriptures became canon because a small group of bishops sanctioned by the roman emperor got together and decided what scriptures:
>supported the authority of the roman empire
>supported clerical interpretation of scripture over personal interpretation
>were so popular that the populous would reject the new canon if they weren't included
and this occurred roughly 3 and a quarter centuries after the alleged birth of Jesus
>>
>>738920463
>hoping for something more
>believing the absurd Judeo-Christian-Muslim God

pick one faggot
>>
>>738920141

Yes. Just continuing your point.
>>
>>738915506
but, there is no god.
>>
>>738920570
In this case either the kid ingenuously undermines his suffering via his lack of intelligence or in turn embodies a requisite evil, therefore retroactively deserving his fate set initially.
>>
>>738913979

Evil comes from man.
>>
>>738919746
thats not true
>>
>>738920713
Is man the only animal capable of evil?
>>
>>738920677
prove it
>>
>>738919932
sounds like a shit reward
>>
>>738920649

Yeah, this.

If you're going to dream up a god, would not one somewhat less evil and bloodthirsty than the Christian one be better? That motherfucker is just looking for an excuse to have your ass tortured for alll eternity.
>>
>>738920569
http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/
>>
>>738920786
the Christian armies "fixed" the contradictions in the Bible
and if you disagreed
you died
>>
>>738920904
thats not relevant
clergys sabbaths fixed the contradictions
>>
>>738920854
>>738920854
It's a test. All you have to do is survive until the bitter end.
>a shit reward
only if God doesn't hold up His end of the bargain
>>
>>738920815
yes
because man is the only animal with a concept of evil
some of what other species do can be interpreted by men as "evil"
but to the animal performing the "evil" act they are merely doing something that either makes them feel physically enjoyment or makes them stop feeling physical pain
>>
>>738920570

That's a whole other dimension of evil, isn't it? Imagine if I hated someone so much that I kidnap his child and torture it slowly to death. I would be thought one of the most evil men alive.

God would be doing this several hundred times a day.

>much good
>very morality
>wow
>>
>>738920868
People believe all kinds of shit.
Numbers are no "proof" god is real.
>>
>>738921009
>claiming to know how other animals feel or think...
>>
>>738917295
having a lack of something is the same as having some of that thing.

Cool, next time I don't have any money, I'll use your retarded argument to buy a fuckin sandwich and see how far I get.
>>
>>738920989
>the clergy wasn't backed by the Holy Roman Army

k
Thread posts: 240
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.