[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be car A >stop before car B stops >proceed to turn

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 291
Thread images: 20

File: stop-sign-car-a-to-car-b.jpg (15KB, 640x325px) Image search: [Google]
stop-sign-car-a-to-car-b.jpg
15KB, 640x325px
>be car A
>stop before car B stops
>proceed to turn after checking left and right was clear
>stupid girlfriend freaks out that I should have let other car go first

I think I'll let her swallow one more load before I dump her stupid ass

so /b/ who has the ride of way?
>>
B has right of way
>>
You should have let car B go first as you are crossing his lane but who cares? I wouldn't let the other go first too.
>>
Lol learn to fucking drive op
>>
A goes first since he got there first

who cares about car B if he hasn't stopped yet
>>
>ride of way
its right of way not ride.
and in cases like these the answer is neither really. its just a matter of being polite and letting one go first.
but if you want to get super technical about it. he does. since he is going straight and you know this because he isnt indicating (assuming he is driving lawfully which you shouldnt assume but what ever) he has the right of way. him moving blocks only 2 paths in the interaction. you block 3.
>>
>>738741424
>>738741434
You niggers are wrong, after car A completed the stop and making sure no other cars are coming from the Main Street, you have the right of way.

Car B must wait as he got there later. First to come to a stop sign and completes it has the right of way.
>>
>>738741358
>ride of way

Oh god, the stupid.
>>
>>738741434
>>738741424
Important part in what op said is that he arrived first. At a stop, at least here in canada, you have priority. We had to learn that shit for a fucking year before we could drive alone
>>
>>738741358
Everyone in this thread is retarded. Those who came to the stop sign first, and the ones who may proceed. Since a stopped first, he will be the one to go.
>>
>>738741654
im not from cucknada. in here the priority is "right turners, straight movement, left turns" we drive on the right side btw. right turns abstract the least amount of traffic so they have priority.
cutting trough the intersection halts only 2 lanes so they go 2nd. and left turns halt the whole intersection down so they go last.
"first come first serve" is a recipe for disaster legally speaking.
>>
>>738741654
I swear your country hands out licenses by body temperature. Canadian tourists in NY are the worst fucking drivers. These faggots won't move to the right and hog the left lane. Oh yeah and fuck using turn signals.
>>
>"HE WAS THERE FIRST HE GOES FIRST"

I drive only occasionally and even I know that this is retarded
>>
>>738741823
I have to admit, that shit happens a lot, but usualy they are from ontario when they do that, they have 3 lanes high ways and they usualy stay in the middle lane, don't why these fags do that
>>
>>738741923
but thats right
>>
>>738741358
A has right of way because you're coming from opposite directions, and you stopped first
>>
Drivers are getting worse and worse and the responses from retard anons itt are clear evidence. They don't teach people to drive anymore they teach them how to pass the driver's test. There's an entire generation out there that doesn't even know what defensive driving is.
>>
if they get there the same time, of course B goes first
if B stops before A even gets there, then B goes first

whats the big deal, you tremendous casseroles
>>
>>738742030
nice troll
>>
>>738741358
not reading your unintelligible crap
Green car goes first
>>
B had the right of way :( you're supposed to yield when turning across like that. If you were turning the other way then your "I got there first" theory would be correct.
>>
https://youtu.be/qOQ9FVYf2-8?t=1m8s
>>
Car a. Why because I drive a lifted truck, and fuck your car if you wanna try
>>
>>738741358
You should have let the green car go first, minimize potential accident risk, also the who stopped first is not valid here, why are you acting like a kid?
>>
>>738741358
Where do you live?
>>
>>738741358

A car crossing the path of another yields.

Car B goes first because Car A is both turning and crossing through a lane.
>>
>>738741358
Whoever hits the stop sign first has the right of way. You all
>>738741424
>>738741434
>>738741602
>>738742156
are fucking beta ass bitches.

Leave that dumb bitch OP
>>
>>738742259
You're fucking stupid
>>
>>738741923
Thats the truth only when its questionable you let the the person to the right go. In this situation the person crossing traffic should yeild assuming both came to the stop at the same time. At least In the state's.
>>
>>738741424
>>738741434
>>738741508
>>738741923
You people are fuckin stupid. B has the right of way if the intersection had a stop light. This assumes oncoming traffic always has the right of way. But stop signs don't fucking work like that. Jesus fuckin Christ bros, where the fuck did you learn to drive?
>>
File: doing good.jpg (314KB, 1081x527px)
doing good.jpg
314KB, 1081x527px
I live in Hue land and the law here is
>if you dont see a cop around do whatever you want
works fine
pic unrelated
>>
>>738742279
he asked a question relating to the law.
no one cares about your tiny dick and need to prove how manly you are by driving recklessly.
>>
how long was it before car A stops?

how long does car B have to wait for car A to get to the intersection?
>>
>>738742322
Stop signs do work like you fucking retard.
>>
People saying that B car has right of way are retarded. The person who arrived and stopped first has right of way. Imagine there are infinite cars going straight behind B car, by your logic A car would never be allowed to move and would have to sit there and die of starvation because it would never be "their turn" to go.

First to arrive, first to drive.
>>
>>738742203
this is the only right question in this matter !
it seams the british isles and all know they do thing different for no obvious reasons but to be different
so this has nothing to do with the american "first arrived"
might well be B
>>
>>738742478
you are dumb
please refrain from posting with that childish logic
>>
>>738742341
Whoever stops first has the right of way. That is the laworst. You fucking idiot
>>
>>738742483

bless your empty little head
>>
>>738742511
You don't understand how traffic works, please refrain from driving, ever.
>>
>>738742478
Holy fuck are you dense?
Car A has blinkers indicating he wants to turn right, even IF car B decides NOT to let him pass, the others will, it depends on if he cares or not.
>>
>>738741358
now this really depends on where you live.
i live in norway and car a would have had right of way since both are crossing a lane and car a would come from the right side of car b.
in norway we have a default right hand rule where you have to yield for cars coming from your right if there are no signs.
>>
>>738742483
>>738742569

Was meant for this retard
>>
In this thread:

People who think car B has the right of way give a logical and polite discussion.

People who think car A has the right of way insult everyone.
>>
>>738742586
We are talking about traffic law, not people deciding to let others through out of the goodness of their hearts. The same logic as a 4way stop applies to this type of intersection. You arrive first, you leave first.
>>
File: IMG_1738.jpg (64KB, 305x309px)
IMG_1738.jpg
64KB, 305x309px
>>738742468
No, they fucking don't dipshit. They're first come, first go. If car A stops at the sign first, car A is permitted to cross over oncoming traffic's right of way. WTF?
>>
>>738742610
yes but you forgot to mention they drive left hand AND stop sign yield default right hand rule
so not applicable here
>>
>>738742658
>You arrive first, you leave first.
Good luck actually following this rule in the US, i lived in the Middle East, Europe and in the US, and people in the US are selfish fucktards, i'm in awe every time i see a driver, they're all retarded.
To avoid accidents i literally maintain eye contact and see what they're doing EVERY time.
>>
>>738742658
this goes in the USA only !!!
>>
Ausfag here. B has right of way in our country as we are not a bunch of inbred autists.
>>
>>738742572
learn to read
I understand how traffic works, I only stated that you are dumb and your retarded example was childish
have a nice day
>>
>>738742658
>You arrive first, you leave first.
that's a retarded rule to follow. what if 2 drivers decide they were there first because USA fuck yeah and crash?
>>
>>738742639
Because people who think B has the right of way after stopping at the sign before A, are fucking retarded. That's an observation, not an insult. Pussy faggot.
>>
>>738741602
That at a stoplight ultra fag. Whoever stops at a stop sign first has the right of way.
>>
>>738742724
of course it would not be applicable here since we drive right hand in norway.
what i meant to point out was how it really depends on where you live and the local rules if car a or car b had right of way.
>>
>>738742785
same here for the belgian fag
but this is left hand drive ... so don't know
>>
>>738742987
seconded
>>
>>738741358
Pretty sure B has it, your first rule only applies to 4 way stops, not 2 way.
>>
>>738741358

The problem here is obvious:

First learn to drive on the right side of the street before asking right-of-way questions.
>>
>>738742837
are you retarded? at a stoplight, you do what do what the giant light thing tells you. how does any of this apply to a fucking stoplight?
>>
>>738741358
In Australia (driving on the left as in the image ): if there is any risk of a collision, the car turning must give way. It doesn't matter who got there first
>>
>>738741358
you'll be blocking traffic for longer than B, thats why you should let B go first. but this really depends how much longer you've arrived there
>>
File: dsdfsdf.jpg (42KB, 460x320px)
dsdfsdf.jpg
42KB, 460x320px
>>738741358
Sure are a lot of retards on /b/
>>
It's clearly B, A is cutting him off
>>
>>738744962
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>738744962
that's not the case in the OP you mongoloid cock master
>>
>>738745173
Look at point 3 you blind cunt. Don't drive.
>>
>>738741811
This isn't true. Anywhere.
>>
>>738745249
In OP's picture they both have the stop sign.

B always goes first because A is cutting B's straight path.
>>
>>738745383
No shit. You can't into comprehension.
>>
Are there different laws in different countries for right of way? In the United States the person who was stopped at the stop sign has right of way. I know this for a 100% fact. This leads to some very awkward encounters when the person who should go is a beta faggot and just sits there wasting everyones time because making decisions is SOOOOO hard. Please also keep in mind stop signs arent used in heavy traffic, just like neighborhoods and shopping centers and shit so these situations are very rarely anything more than mild annoyances.
>>
>>738741358
If you drive on the left, like in the picture, then B has the right of way assuming they arrive at the same time.
>>
>>738742639
Pussy fagget indeed.
>>
>>738742746
Do you not do this whenever possible?
>>
First come first serve at the all mighty octagon.
>>
>>738742807
Then they were probably going like 8kph or 5mph and caused like 500$ in damages
>>
first off your cars are on the wrong side of the road. but first stop is first go
>>
>>738746105
Not in Australia.
>>
>>738746105
>>738746254
not in israel either.
>>
>>738744962
This explains it.
The only time you give way to those who arrived first at a multi stop intersection is when at a 4 way stop sign intersection. And I don't think I have ever actually come across such an intersection without traffic light control.

On a 2 way stop intersection where both oncoming lanes have stopped it does not matter who is there first, safety on the road should not be based around being fair to drivers, it should be based around whatever is the safest option. Which it is.
>>
cars in wrong lane
>>
>>738741358
If car A had started and committed to the manoeuvre before But reached the Stop, it is A's right of way.

Had both reached stop at the same time, B would have right of way.
>>
File: IMG_3437.jpg (101KB, 1113x722px)
IMG_3437.jpg
101KB, 1113x722px
>>738741358
Car A legally has the right of way because you stopped first
But it's a dick move to take the right of way if you're turning into his lane and car B is going straight
>>
>>738745814
Why would you assume they arrived at the same time when OP specifically says they didn't
>>
>>738746648
>dick move to take right of way

No, that's how right of way works. People who think they're being polite by breaking right of way are idiots who cause traffic jams.
>>
>>738744962
This is assuming OP doesn't have a stop sign. But he did so this diagram is for a totally different situation you idiot
>>
>>738746868
This
>>
File: stop.png (102KB, 730x515px)
stop.png
102KB, 730x515px
>>
>>738741608
>the autism is strong with this one
>>
>>738746906
Read point 3 you blind cunt. Don't drive.
>>
>>738746868
People who drive in front of other cars when they could just let them go are idiots who cause car accidents
>also idiots who have girlfriends who aren't happy with them because they can't comprehend basic manners
>>
This thread is full of ghostriders. Also, B goes first since B goes straight ahead on the same road and therefore has the right of way. Anyone claiming other is a hazard in traffic and should hug a tree with their car.
>>
>>738741358
>I think I'll let her swallow one more load before I dump her stupid ass

Your girlfriend is a better driver than you. kys homo
>>
>>738741923
>i drive only occasionally
it is a good thing. because you dont know how to fucking drive.
>>
>>738741358
http://www.dmv.org/how-to-guides/intersections-and-right-of-way.php

>When making a right-hand turn:

>Check for pedestrians crossing the street before proceeding.
>Look for cyclists on your right.
>Yield to drivers going straight.

B goes first regardless of who got there first.
>>
>>738746985
Your diagram assumes they are both arriving at the same time. OP clearly stated that he got there first. That means that your diagram is for a different situation where they both arrive at the same time. And in that case then yes the person turning right yields to the person going straight, but that's not the case. First to stop is allowed to go first. Really one of the first things they teach you in driving school
> don't drive plz
>>
>>738747194
you dipshit. first of all, thats murrican. meaning it is opposite of OPs pic. second of all, in that scenario, you yield to people going straight, which if you are turning right in america, would be the person to the left of you going straight.

god damn, nice job cherry-picking shit to TRY and make your shit argument.

try harder faggot.
>>
>>738747214
>First to stop is allowed to go first.
You have to wait 3 seconds at a stop sign. If another car rocks up during those 3 seconds you must give way to it in this situation. OP clearly said they were both there at the same time. As I said before, Don't drive.
>>
>>738747173
>implying I am not right

fucking fag
>>
>>738747398
You are so wrong. Please don't drive and hug a tree with your car.
>>
>>738747194
>Yield the right of way at an intersection when:
>Another vehicle reaches an intersection first.

Nice job skipping over that part.
>>
>>738747214
>doesnt have a diagram
>doesnt mention who gets there first at all
your reading comprehension is at a 3rd grade level.
>>
>>738747446
no anon, he said he stopped first. the person who stops first has the right of way. he never said the same time. that's quite literally the point in point 3.
>>
>>738741608
>who got there first has the right of way
is that some stupid american shit?
>>
>>738744962
People on here have no idea about differing traffic laws outside there own nation.
>>
>>738747398
turning lanes that cross oncoming traffic have to yield at light intersections. this is a stop sign scenario. you're fucking retarded. go back to school.
>>
>>738745784
Of course laws differ. fags on here arguing like the whole world operates under the same traffic laws.
>>
>>738747504
its lower down the priority list. if both have to go right only then does it apply, thats why it its lower down the list.
>>
>>738747446
>OP clearly said they were both there at the same time.

>be car A
>stop before car B stops

you do know how to READ, right? or is it your comprehension?
>>
Everyone is wrong. Car A or car B could have gone. It makes zero difference.
>>
>>738747777
>You must give way to any vehicle in, entering or approaching the intersection.
>>
>>738745276

yes it is. its absolutely true. every professional driver knows this. you fucking cucks got told "LOL FIRST STOP IS RIGHT OF WAY" by your stupid cuck parents when you were 16, and since then you think its law.
>>
>>738747504
Did you skip the part literally just below that which states
>You're making a turn and another vehicle is going straight.

To be fair both statements contradict each other in the circumstance where you are first there and looking to make a turn.

If you are the first there you should have priority but if you are making a turn you should give way. No wonder people get confused.
>>
im out. i swear if you faggots arent trolling then i have lost faith in the hum race. never seen so many dumb faggots in one bread.
>>
https://youtu.be/hJvMrhpIBK8?t=1m35s

Video explains it all for most Australia and New Zealand. Anyone that thinks OP is correct should hand in their licenses
>>
>>738741358

Everywhere I've lived A would have right of way. Your girlfriend is from a primitive European country, maybe?
>>
>>738748094
those points arent AND, they are OR.

god damn your reading and comprehension levels are abysmal.
>>
>>738747835
Are you fucking dumb? Car A crosses the path of car B, if they go at the same time they could crash.

Please never drive.
>>
I suppose who has the right to drive first in this situation is dependant on where you live. Call me Captain Obvious.
>>
>>738741358
I was taught that in this case, nobody does, like an unmarked crossroads. Nobody is wrong for going first in that case.
>>
>>738748291
Since OP pic is LHD, it is safe to assume that A would need to give way in western countries.
>>
You assholes are so fucking lazy it boggles the mind. This answer can be googled in 15 seconds.
>>
>>738741424
This
>>
Both of you fags are in the wrong lanes. So neither has right of way.
>>
>>738742176
found the redneck
>>
>>738741358

OP didn't give enough description, but really I would say whoever entered the crossroad first has technical right of way, in most countries.

OP says he in car A stopped first. So there is every possibility B just drove on through. In which case, no issue.

If A enters the crossroad, indicating to turn, then B is a jackoff for driving out and cutting him up. On the road, you are trying to keep cars from blocking other people's right of way, so car A should not be left in the turning box at this junction, basically.

In practice, might is right. Whoever was quickest off the draw had right of way.
>>
>>738741579
People turning must yield to those going straight. Corinthians 2.
>>
>>738748209
You are a giant plebeian aint ya?

OP's situation is an AND situation. A is there first AND looking to turn. One rule gives him right of way (He was there first) , one rule tells him to give way (he is looking to turn when another vehicle is going straight).

Where the hell did you get your OR part from?
>>
>>738748632
Fuck off cunt americans are
The only retards that drive on the wrong side of the road
It's the faranheit/Celsius thing all over again and also your ridiculous ways of measuring various things
and also the backward ass dumb shit calendar
>>
>>738741358
The rule for stop signs wher i live is you have to be stopped for 3 seconds before moving.
If car A stops before B stops, then the 3 seconds would be up for car A before car B. If car B had went and there was a collision, car B would be at fault for not having fully stopped for 3 seconds, granted car A followed the rules.

/thread
>>
What country are you in?
>>
Fucking plebs. Get some roundabouts.
>>
>>738747777
Quads witnessed
>>
>>738748704
And/or/xor. Let's start subnettin, faggots!!
>>
>>738741358
Both of you are driving the wrong way. You are lucky to be alive.
>>
The OP is too ambiguous to come to a solid concluision. We need to know exactly when car B rocked up to the intersection.
>>
>>738748704
the only time he gives way is at a stop light intersection. this is a stop sign intersection, the first car has right of way.

are you retarded?
>>
>>738742707
Kek

You're fucking stupid as sin. This has already been explained to you so I'm not going to reiterate but my God you are stupid.
>>
>>738741358
First off, y'all are driving on the wrong goddamn side of the road.
>>
>>738749051
>the first car has right of way.

Not In Australia
>You must give way to any vehicle in, entering or approaching the intersection.
>>
File: 1495020652417.png (125KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
1495020652417.png
125KB, 500x522px
>>738742813

'A' like 'A'ssholes. Your 3rd world country deserves to be nuked and if you reply, your mother will die soon.
>>
>>738741793
This.
>>
>>738749246
It's not a give way situation, it's a stop sign.
see >>738748817
>>
>>738741358
>ride of way?
>thinks his girlfriend is the dumb one

If both cars have a stop, the one that gets there first has RIGHT of way.
>>
>>738749460
This rule applies for both stop and give way signs.
>>
>>738749465
wrong
>>
>>738749465
wrong
>>
whoever is faster, faggot
>>
>>738749612
>>738749589
No need to samefag, troll faggot
>>
ITT beta drivers
you're either the boss or the bitch of the road fr
>>
>>738749753
You can't post the same comment within 5 minutes of eachother you newfag.
>>
>>738749371
>Your 3rd world country deserves to be nuked
That escalated quickly. And Americans wonder why the rest of the world hates them.
>>
>>738749051
Sure the first car is there first and should have have priority.

But the first car is looking to turn when another car is looking to go straight.

Rules are you should give way to the car wanting to go straight.

My point is, which rule over rides the other as there is a contradiction.

Though anyone who actually drives will know if this ever did happen B would likely just take right of way as they get past the point the cars would intersect first (which would cause A to break mid turn to avoid collision.)
>>
>>738749827
Wrong
>>
File: asdas.jpg (75KB, 835x828px)
asdas.jpg
75KB, 835x828px
Listen up all of you cucks. READ THIS.
>>
File: 1499957013904.jpg (208KB, 1280x650px) Image search: [Google]
1499957013904.jpg
208KB, 1280x650px
who cares what she thinks just fuck her shit up and hit the gas
>>
>>738741358
Well the real problem was you are both on the wrong side of the road.
>>
>>738749913
Did you just make that? if not link to the site you found it.
>>
>>738750097
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/roads/safety-rules/road-rules/intersections.html
>>
They're on the wrong side of the road so both are at fault
>>
>>738750097
>>738750156
This also applies to the whole of Australia and NZ
>>
>>738741358
>>738749913

A first fags BTFO.
>>
>>738741811
That's at a stoplight, not a fourway.
>>
Fucking weird ass Europeans and your backwards roads. Here in the land of freedom, whoever comes to a complete stop first has the right of way, period.
>>
>>738749913
OP confirmed for retarded.
>>
>>738750379
So what happens when two people both think they have come to a stop first?

Do they happily just crash into each other or do they have a burger eating contest to see who is right?
>>
>>738750516
kek, american road rules are third world tier.
>>
>>738750516
No, see the thing is that we drive with our eyes open over here, so if we see a collision about to happen, usually someone (the less free 'murican) will throw on the brakea and let the alpha go.
>>
>>738750632
And if two people are equally alpha?
>>
>>738750729
Whoever has better insurance I guess kek
>>
>>738741358
A, got there first.
>>
>>738750729
Both crash and end up killing eachother with their concealed weapons.
>>
>>738750729
then they both drive full speed ahead until they collide
whoever has the larger penis wins
>>
>>738750794
Retard alert, read this >>738749913
>>
>>738750809
what if they are both women?
>>
>>738750986
same rules applies
these days, odds are pretty good at least one of them has a penis
>>
>>738746962
Are all the autists jusr going to ignore this post?
>>
>>738751095
Retard Alert, read this >>738749913
>>
https://www.google.ca/amp/m.wikihow.com/Stop-at-a-STOP-Sign%3Famp%3D1

Read it and weep faggots

#7 and #1
>>
>>738746503
>Never came across a 4 way stop sign.
You're not even old enough to drive
>>
>>738751095
Wikihow does not beat actual government in terms of source strength. Which has been provided in this thread.

>>
>>738741358
I don't know the answer to the question, but if you keep driving on the wrong side of the road, sooner or later, you'll have a head on.
>>
>>738741358
From MD handbook
>>
If your turn signal is on and working and you got to and stopped at the stop sign first, then you have right of way.

What pisses me off is when a passenger starts mouthing off about how im doing shit wrong.
Fuckers dont get it, i pay attention to traffic for good reason.
>>
>>738741358
Both A and B are wrong because you are on the wrong side of the road
>>
>>738751585
Retard alert, read this >>738749913
>>
>>738751286
Well I live in the UK not the US. I know they are more popular over there but 4 way stop signs are not really something you see here, most 4 way intersections are traffic light controlled.

Supposedly in my home city (manchester) there is only 1 4 way stop sign intersection.
>>
>>738751365
I've read the page; it says nothing about who has right-of-way in a scenario like the OP.
>>
>>738751520
This isn't in America you retard
>>
>>738751780
You must be autistic
>>
>>738751822
Assuming it's in bongland they have literally the same right of way laws
>>
>>738751935
4 ways are banned in the UK https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-way_stop
>>
>>738751693
this post is for you
>>738752020
>>
>>738751935
You assumed wrong
>>
>>738752020
This isn't a four way stop though, the "main" road has no stop
>>
>>738751780
Well OP is in a scenario where two rules contradict each other.

Anyone who drives will know there are occasions where you just have to use your judgement to assess the situation. Such as OP's situation.

Realistically the first come first serve rule should be dropped on this occasion as fairness is less important than safety, and its far safer to let B go past rather then cross his lane.
>>
>>738745276
This is, in fact, how right of way works in all of Europe.
>>
>>738751692
Both sides have a stop sign.
This applies to both cars.
Car A stopped first.
This means car B has to remain stationary until it is safe to go.
Where am i wrong?
>>
>>738752048
Well no wonder I have never really seen one.
+1 for your research.

Murrica behind in the times AGAIN.
>>
>>738752196
Apart from UK where left and right are switched as road side is also switched. Same rules, just adapted for the different position.
>>
>>738751780
STOP signs work the same way as GIVE WAY signs (at least where I live), except you have to literally stop your vehicle for at least a moment before a designated line or before the sign (if no such line is present).
So OP scenario isn't anything fancy. Just imagine them as two GIVE WAY signs.
So yes, B then A.
>>
>>738741358
Right of way is as follows:
>emergency response vehicles (during emergency)
>first to arrive at intersection
>government ordinance (such as mail trucks)
>heading forward
>turning right (left in EU)
>turning left (right in EU)

If car A arrived at the intersection first, then A has right of way. If both cars arrived at the same time, or if car B arrived first, then car B has right of way.
>>
OP you might as well let that GF fuck you now with a strap on, you lil bitch
>>
>People actually debate this

Car B has the right of way
>>
>>738741358
>>738741358
if you both have stop signs and you stopped first then you go first because youre not yielding for his intersection.
>>
>>738752569
Retard alert, read this >>738749913 #
>>
When car A arrives first, the only time this would cause a problem would be if the driver of car B is a dick and ignores the stop sign.
>>
>>738752194
> lol hahaha but hes turning so car A has to stop and hold up traffic for every ricer in car B's lane until night time when traffic dies down.leling@ retars in thred
>>
>>738752676
>>
>>738752638
Both cars have a stop line / stop sign, therefore both must give right of way to those who are in, entering, and/or inside of the intersection. Car A is the car that best fits this description because it arrives first.
>>
File: Barbi irl.jpg (59KB, 970x642px)
Barbi irl.jpg
59KB, 970x642px
>>738741358
In CT USA, the person who reaches the stop way first has right of way, however if both had reached the stop way at the same time, then car B has the right of way.

If it were me, and I arrived at the stop sign a few seconds earlier, I'd had waited and let car B go first anyway just to avoid confusion (and a potential accident).

Finally, why are both cars on the other side of the road? Are you an Aussie/UK fag?
>>
>>738741358
Your both wrong as you are on the wrong side of the road faggot
>>
>>738752782
Doesn't matter who's first retard. Learn to read.
>>
A goes first. A got to the intersection first.

If it was a light and they both were green (one lane, four way intersection), B would have right of way.
>>
>>738752865
>>
>>738752856
It does because:

When Car A arrives, there are no other cars in or around the intersection because it got there first. It has clear to move.

When car B arrives, car A is already there, and B must give right of way to other cars that are already in or around the area.
>>
>>738752723
That assumes that both cars arrived at the same time.
Car A stopped first, so car A was entering the intersection while car B was reaching the stop sign. In this case, car A has the right of way.
>>
>>738752912
Have fun op.
Im out
>>
>>738752684
> lol hahaha but he got there first so car B has to stop and hold up traffic for every ricer in car A's lane until night time when traffic dies down.leling@ retars in thred
>>
>>738750856
>>738751226
>>738751692
>>738752638
>>738752723
>>738752912
You seem to be the retard setting off this supposed alert.
>>
>>738741654
If you stop first at a 4 way stop, thats not a 4 way stop
>>
>>738752960
>>738752986
You retards can't comprehend what OP said. Clearly he did get there first, but B had rocked up nearly at the same time. It does not matter who was there first in this instance.
>>
>>738752960
But A must give right of way because its turning right.
>>
>>738753097
Don't drive
>>
>>738753160
>>be car A
>>stop before car B stops
~OP

OP may be a faggot, but he's clear in what happened
>>
>tfw half a thread later and you got no (you) because you were plain right
>>
>>738753160
Not sure where it was stated it was nearly at the same time. All that OP said is that car B stopped sometime after car A. Never stated if it was a second after or 10 seconds after.
>>
>>738752569
Only two problems:
1. You seem to be confusing the EU with the UK.
2. Neither the UK nor the mainland use North American right-of-way conventions.
>>
>>738753166
If they both arrive at the same time, then yes. If A is first, then no. If you need to make a right turn and nobody's around, are you going to wait for someone to show up so you can give them right of way?
>>
>>738753360
Here's a (you)
>>
>>738753360
Here have one on me. U were wrong btw.
>>
>>738753368
If OP knows B had stopped then he's clearly in the wrong you retard.
>>
File: 1499715537709.jpg (31KB, 408x408px)
1499715537709.jpg
31KB, 408x408px
>>738741358
Right of way is just a fucking suggestion its all about who the alpha is.
>>
>>738742341
Were talking about stop signs not street lights kids. Half of you art old enough to drive so I can understand the confusion. Stop signs, whomever stopith first, gothes firstith
>>
>>738753420
thank you
>>738753427
thank you but fuck you though
>>
>>738753495
>>
>>738750856
>>738751226
>>738751692
>>738752638
>>738752723
>>738752912

>Your opinion differs from mine, so you are a retard.
How's that working out for you so far?
>>
>>738753374
I didn't think that the UK/EU would be any different. What is the order then?
>>
>>738753535
It's not an opinion. It's literally a rule from the a NSW government site sperg
>>
>>738753531
Wow a pic some autist drew up on ms paint. Do you get all your info from Wikipedia?
>>
>>738741358
This is like the millionth time you've done this Anon. Your gf must be a huuuuuge hamplanet to put up with your beta driving
>>
>>738753531
Retqrd alert, there's nothing you can read that would help you. You're just retarded.
>>
>>738741358
American law says A, but both of you are on the wrong side so neither, you would have to get in the right lane first.
>>
I really wish there was some magical way to see which posters have a license and which don't
>>
>>738753380
You might have to stop for quite a while if there is traffic on the road your turning onto. Anyway in OP's situation he already stated that there was someone else around.

Really this is a situation where 2 cars are waiting at a stop sign, One should have right of way because he was there first, but he should give that right away as he has to make a right turn.

Car A has the right to begin with, but the second car B stops at that line Car A should hand over the right of way.
>>
>>738753656
2 posts down is a link from a government website where the picture is from.
>>
>>738753740
Well fuck you niggers I'm going first if I stop first. Everyone else can suck a fat chode
>>
>>738753445
Im not debating if OP was wrong, just that he never actually stated that car B "rocked up nearly at the same time" like >>738753160 said.
>>
>>738752960
You realize the same can be said about literally any other scenario? Imagine those being give way signs
>>
>>738753858
Proved another retard wrong.
>>
>>738753710
For your point to be fully validated or dismissed, we would need better context on the time difference between cars A and B arriving. If it's only a second or two, it would make sense for car A to give right of way away, as in real life people just assume that going forward is an undefeatable right and will just go even if they were second.

But if there was a long moment between them then A should definitely go first. Either way, A legally has right of way and an accident happened because B went anyway then B would be the one in trouble.
>>
>>738741602
*blocks your path*
>>
>>738753921
Yes, and because A has nobody to give right of way to when it arrives, it may go immediately. When B arrives, it must give right of way to A, who is already going.
>>
>>738753568
Unless directed otherwise by priority signs, give way to the car on your right. If making a left turn, give way to any cars driving straight.
We don't have special provisions for mail trucks and the like, at least not in any of the countries I've been through.
We don't mention emergency vehicles when talking about right of way because it's blatantly obvious you should never impede one.
>>
>>738741358
OP WHY IN ALL FUCK ARE YOU DRIVING ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD YOU'RE GOING TO CAUSE AN ACCIDENT
>>
>>738741358
first of all, you are driving on the wrong lane, so is B
>>
>>738754173
That's all find and dandy, but it assumes that each car arrived at the same time. Car A is undisputedly first. So what then?
>>
>>738741358
Lawyer here. I do insurance defence and have to deal with these cases a lot. Yes, Car A has the right of way, but in many jurisdiction the governing motor vehicle legislation will have a prohibition against driving "without due care and attention." In other words, if Car A turns in front of Car B without waiting to ensure Car B is stopping and letting Car A proceed, especially since Car A will be entering the path of Car B, there can be an apportionment of liability following an accident.

tl;dr - just because you have the right of way doesn't mean a court will find you 100% not liable for an accident in these circumstances. Pay attention to other drivers, even bad ones.
>>
>>738754406
>>
>>738741358
It depends where you live. Where I live You would not have the right of way if you were both at a stop crossing a main street. Any traffic on the main street has the right of way followed by B.

At a four-way stop right of way always goes to who was at the stop first regardless of path of travel.

Traffic regulation is not uniform between states/provinces let alone different countries.
>>
>>738747618
It is but it only applies to 4 way stops.
>>
>>738754316
If you can safely get through the intersection before B reaches the line, you can go.
My reading of OP's post is that both cars stopped at the line before he went for it. While apparently legal in some US states, this is 100% haram in Europe.
>>
B has the right away. Also, A is in the wrong lane to be turning left.
>>
>>738754758
*right
>>
>>738754089
That's not what's on OP picture. If you wanted to draw that scenario, A would have to be already on the main road or entering it while B stops at the sign, because A would have already stopped by that time and gave way to all other vehicles, so it's stop sign rules wouldn't apply to it anymore.
If it was like like in the OP pic, A would still have to apply the stop sign rules, which would include B, because it would see B at the intersection.
>>
>>738754758
You do realise not all countries drive on the right?
>>
>>738753995
It does not matter how long A is there though. Being fair is not as important as being safe, it never should be under any circumstances. and letting B go first rather then crossing his path is the safer option.

A does legally have the right to begin with but the newest development in the timeline is B has stopped, creating a situation where A has to turn and B has to go straight. There are rules and laws for this situation and they state A should give way to B.

Both laws (first come first serve & give way to those going straight if your turning right) contradict each other in this situation. Which is where the confusion in this thread comes from.

Anyone who drive you will know that sometimes you just have to use your judgement on whats best to do, and I would hope everyone would chose the safer option rather than the I got here first option.
>>
>>738754536
It's not that simple. Yes, of course stop signs mean stop and there is an explicit provision in motor vehicle legislation to back that up, but negligence in left turn cases (as they're called) is rarely a black or white issue. For example, B can argue that A made the turn suddenly without signaling, in which case it would have been reasonable for B to enter the intersection. That's quite common, and why we always try to get as many witnesses as we can early on for these types of cases to pin down exactly what happened.

Don't rely too much on 4chan infographics, anon.
>>
If I'm car A and I stop first like the Scenario, I'd give car B 2 seconds to go first while I check cross traffic, and if they don't move I'll start creeping forward into the intersection like normal, and after confirming they still aren't moving I'll turn left.
>>
>>738754919
No such rule as first come first serve for stop signs in Australia
>>
>>738754823
No country was mentioned.
>>
>>738754959
>Don't rely too much on 4chan infographics, anon.

That's from the NSW government website. You are a shit "lawyer".
>>
>>738755067
Look at OPs picture numnuts
>>
>>738755194
OP could be retarded for all we know.
>>
>>738755285
>could be
>>
>>738755285
Very true.
>>
>>738754758
Full dummy.
>>
>>738755001
Ah I diddnt know this was in auzzieland. Not read all the thread but alot of people saying first come first serve etc.

There are places with both laws though.

If being first to a stop sign does not get right of way in auzzieland then the only rule that needs to be followed is to give right of way to the car going straight if your turning right.

In which B would have right of way.
>>
>>738747086
See >>738746962
You dumb fuck
>>
Its safe to assume that most of you fags have never even attempted to get your drivers permits since you never leave your parents basement.
>>
>>738755421
WikiHow is an American website, you mentally deficient baboon. The laws are different literally everywhere else and OP is probably an Aussie.
>>
>>738741608
Lmao, B is on the right dipshit
>>
>>738755448
On the contrary - I feel it's safe to assume they tried multiple of times, because getting a driver license is what you do to straighten yourself up and become a normie, but they failed each one of them just like their futile attempts at a life beside the basement.
>>
Car b becouse it dosnt have to cross any lanes of traffic
>>
Hurr durr gonna dump ma girlfraand cuz she yelled at me I'm gonna go cry about it on 4chan
>>
>>738747157
Fuck you faggot
>>
>>738741358
You both are dumb for driving on the wrong side of the road.
>>
File: rr.png (85KB, 516x309px) Image search: [Google]
rr.png
85KB, 516x309px
>>738741358
sry bro but your girlfriend was right
>>
ITT: Idiots that don't know that traffic laws are at the state level and change from place to place.
>>
Let's all take a step back to reiterate that rather than blowing a load in his"girlfriend"(hand) he's on 4chan bitching. Fag of the year award nomination
>>
File: 1497409332637.png (247KB, 760x572px)
1497409332637.png
247KB, 760x572px
>>738741358
It depends on a few things. If car A arrived a considerable number of seconds before car B, then car A would have the right of way, due to already being ready to turn, whereas B would just be arriving.

Oppositely, if A pulls up at roughly the same moment as B, then the vehicle proceeding straight would have right of way. In this case, B.

Driving is a matter of judgement. If you don't get into any accidents involving the cops, then hey, cool. But still though, be cool, don't be an asshole.
Thread posts: 291
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.