[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we make sure that humans that spend many generations on

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.
The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 17

File: Gj832c.png (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Gj832c.png
1MB, 1920x1920px
How do we make sure that humans that spend many generations on a space ship in deep space don't become vegan communists?
Physical background and scenario:
>Gliese 832 c is the closest earth-like planet outside of our solar syste with bearable temperatures, it is 5.4 times heavier than earth with an comfortable average temperature of 22 °C and 16.16 light years away.
>If anything speeds up the faster it becomes the more energy is needed to speed it up further, we don't know anything that's faster than light, so it is assumed that that's simply not possible.
>An assumption that 1/20-1/10 of light speed is reachable is the middle ground between "way too slow" and "too much energy would be needed".
>We assume constant acceleration and decelleration ultimately doubeling the traveltime, which leads us to a travel time of approximately 500 years. More efficient models may be proposed, but that doesn't change the fact that these humans spend hundrets of years isolated on a space ship.
>If we assume that the average person has children at the age of 33.333 we have three generations per 100 years, that adds up to 15 generations of humans that must not fuck up.
How does one make sure they don't develop some religion or any other stupid shit that endangers the mission half way through?
>>
>>738243641
embryo space colonization, which should also make the ship lighter therefore more fuel efficient and take less time harvesting fuel from each solar system
>>
>>738243968
Good point but not the question. I know it would be more efficient, but i like the idea of space travel, so i tinker about scenarios which include actual living humans.
>>
You need reliable artificial gravity on the ship or bodies would deteriorate.
>>
>>738243641
What if their calculations on the mass are off? If it's too big/dense the gravity would be too strong for us.
>>
>>738244070
if you want humans on the ship they're going to figure out some way to fuck things up. keep living conditions on the ship spartan enough that colonists need to dedicate all of their resources to survival, which means they should also be prepared for establishing a colony in even the harshest environment. you can also use religion against the colonists, and threaten them with a god of lightning (ship AI) that strikes down anyone engaged in human-on-human violence
>>
>>738244263
Well known problems include poor eyesight and glass bones - which wouldn't really pose that much of a problem when still in space. On the other hand you might just spin the ship sidewards in order to generate artificial gravity fixing that problem.
>pic related
>>
Educate them on the importance of their mission, teach the history of the earth with an emphasis on the dangers of propaganda/brain washing, teach them of religion; specifically how it developed and evolved. Teach them the examples of community and structure that it set and how important that is, but teach them the horrors that sort of dogmatic thought and censorship brings as well. Show them the equal importance of community and competition, and teach them why we need both in balance. Educate them on tribalism and nationalism, how it's natural but can also make us racist and prejudice often unjustifiably so. Shit bro there's so much that needs to be taught and there's a good chance it gets fucked up and we create some sort of fucked up god-like cult figure who ends up with a concubine of all the women. We really got to be careful
>>
>>738243641
first off, you would have to get at least, at LEAST 10 adults to start with (and living quarters for those 10 adults) and assume that each has 1 male and 1 female child and if they don't, they must do like the chinese and have no remorse about abortions or (assuming they don't know how to tell sex during preg) jetisoning the newborn out the space hatch, otherwise you risk overcrowding and retarded gene mixing. the earth average NOW is 35, but 20 years ago was 25. that said, women are still fertile until 40-45, and you'd probably want to prolong procreation as long as possible. you'd also want the women to be having children at roughly the same time (so give them a 5 year span from 35-40).

as far as how the people on the ship are, all you need is information from earth to go with them, these humans couldn't possibly represent earth as many will be a hybrid mix of black/white/asian which has to be <1% of our population. the spaceship will have to use something other than capitalism and definitely won't have a meat source, so they're not going to represent us that way either. a complete vegan diet would actually be the best thing for them.

>22 °C
disregard my entire post, I didn't realize I was talking to a fuckwit; celcius is wildly inaccurate when talking about human life. may as well use km to measure an ant
>>
>>738244372
Well we can assume that they are roughly correct, and i'm not even 100% sure if humans could survive such an environment for a prolonged time, especially depending how the body reacts to so much gravity. Muscles would have to support 5x the weight it would have been on earth which would lead to people being fucking ripped from just doing normal shit, but what about the bloodflow? Can the heart even pump that hard? People can lose conciousness when exposed to 5G, the big question is: Will the body adapt? Maybe genetic modification can solve aperrent problems.
>>
>>738245098
People would suffer from severe chronic muscular skeletal problems after a while, even if they could manage in the beginning.
>>
>>738243641
I think were better off waiting for an apocalypse so we can evolve into a smarter and stronger species through natural selection
>>
>>738245098
Gravity aside there's still the "war of the worlds" problem, microbes and bacteria that we haven't had millions of years of evolution building an immunity to.
>>
>>738244650
That's kind of a grim way to do it, and i don't really think producing a colony based on some weird cult is a good idea. Chances are that they want to retaliate against earth because someone's a "prophet who talked to god".
Besides being ethically questionable the results on the long run aren't sure
>>
I think it's a matter of trust and a degree of letting go on our part. Whatever political or social ideologies develop on these ships would be the responsibility of the ships inhabitants, it's not our job to police them. Just as the US colonists became fundamentally different to the English who sent them off, I think it's inevitable that these people would become some kind of microcosm. That should be recognized and respected rather than suppressed, or else we've not really learnt much about the expression of different views from our time on earth. If policing thoughts doesn't work on earth, why would it work in space?
>>
>>738245098

They are already studying astronauts that have spent a lot of time on the space station. The biggest concerns are permanent occular changes, this could be a concern in that if it gets worse with time, what about blindness? And also changes in the body's organs, which depend on the constant gravity of earth. Cosmic radiation is also a concern. Yes, you can shield it, like they do on subs, but lead is very heavy
>>
>>738243641
Every such instance of that kind of society would fail. Just like on Earth. Only faster and more severely. So...
>>
>>738245434
It doesn't take millions of years to build an immunity to anything.
>>
>>738245434
This is assuming there's life similar enough to ours on this hypothetical planet. Chances are it wouldn't though, we would have to seed it.
>>
File: f.gif (1MB, 320x240px)
f.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>738245434
If we can create a space ship that can travel that far without breaking i'm rather sure we can do some immunization to those humans who are supposed to become settlers. I'd be more worried that it'd be the other way around - that we ourselves bring bacteria of all sorts annahilating all (however primitive) live that was there before. If we assume that the evolutionary process is somewhat linear we can assume that the beings visiting other planets are genetically farther developed than the ones being invaded.
>>
>>738244708
Hahahahhahhahhahahaha because this works on earth
>>
File: exoskeleton.jpg (156KB, 1000x496px)
exoskeleton.jpg
156KB, 1000x496px
>>738245215
Probably also a problem that may be fixed through extensive human enhancement (exo skeletons?) or genetic modification.
>>
File: 1491724467369.jpg (1MB, 4288x2929px)
1491724467369.jpg
1MB, 4288x2929px
>>738245271
>waiting for an apocalypse
This is why this thought is almost constantly on my mind. There's so many things that could wipe out human population which WILL happen at some point. We're too stupid to prevent that, but the smart ones might end a bunch away before that happens - the sooner the better.
>>
>>738247416
*s*end a bunch away
>>
>>738245836
Can't immunize an unknown, you need a sample of Bactria/virus to create a vaccination. It would work if they spent time in orbit and went down to collect samples.
>>
>>738247836
Sure why not? If they've spent 500 years in open space waiting for a year or two more won't make that much of a difference.
>>
>>738247957
What happens if there's primitive humanoid life? Prime directive kinda thing, is it right for us to interfere?
>>
3D print embryos on arrival from stored genetic templates and biological materials. Raise them communally onboard with a social 'ai' (interactive program). Hopefully colonists are conceived into a already developed planet with buildings created by self reproducing robots years before.
>>
>>738243641
How do we make sure that humans that spend many generations on a space ship in deep space survive?
i think we need to figure this out first before we worry about them becoming vegan communists
>>
>>738243641
You basically create the matrix.
Hook up your volunteers into a machine that you tell them will help artificially adapt them for being in space for the rest of their lives, but is in-fact your matrix machine. You then simulate either the ship not working and them going about their regular lives on Earth pretend that the ship accidentally achieves FTL "by unexpected means" and they get to Gliese 832 c way early.
Sex is such a simple thing to reproduce that all you really have to do is hook a man's penis into basically an onahole at the same time you stick a inseminating dildo into a woman's vagina and just transport his sperm into her uterus thru an interconnected series of fluid transfer tubes. You have a very set amount of total passengers on your ship, so that the chemical soup and re-purposed nutrients are always in good supply. Once they get to Gliese 832 c, simulate that some extinction level event that forces them to "leave" and wake them up.
>>
>>738248311
Good question: It's one of the main problems with space exploration, because if we do it we're bound to find life forms at some point, most of which is evolutionary speaking far beneath us (I'll just put the assumption out there that 99% of life we encounter is some sort of bacterium / plant stuff. People won't have a hard time to invade these worlds and possibly eradicate some life forms, but where to draw the line? What if a more powerful alien race watches all the time and doesn't like the agressive expansion of humanity? Answering that question would take a loooong fucking discussion.
>>
>>738245530
Well here's the problem with your whole scenario of doing fuck all about their ideals.
>They're sent to colonise a new planet
>A good portion of them call it splits
>They kill each other or become divided
>Due to them wanting to be a woman
>penisintact.exif
>New society falls apart with no leadership
>Failed mission
>Taxpayers just wasted $12 trillion
>>
>>738249135
>>They kill each other or become divided
>>Due to them wanting to be a woman
>>penisintact.exif
>>New society falls apart with no leadership

I think Anon just stumbled on the answer to the Fermi paradox....
>>
>>738248701
That was actually the other part I was thinking about, what if the planet is already spoken for? A preserve for future colonization, a vacation spot, resource/mining site. I'd imagine whoever had dibs wouldn't be too happy to see us show up.
>>
>>738250100
Next step is space warfare and plundering beautiful and weirdly humanoid alien females for scientific reasons.
>>
>>738248473
Pretty neat idea, it's quiet likely that the surface isn't exactly a friendly place and that people don't have the oxygen to breathe or food to eat in the first place. Preparation should be done by robots or humans temporarily working on the surface before the actual colinization.
>3D-printing a house is possible today
>>
Give them all a death sentence. If any of them is caught or returns to earth before establishing a colony they will be tortured and killed.
That should ensure that they work together to establish the colony and buy their lives & freedom.

Send a spaceship after them that will destroy them if it gets in range to ensure they dedicate themselves to the journey and don't become slacking hippies.

That colony, if allowed to prosper on its own will eventually come back and kill every last human on earth tho but that's beside's OPs question.
>>
>>738250661
That sounds like fun, see which bits are compatible. Look out for crazy alien stds though.
>>
I think it would depend on the amount of people. If youre talking 1000's of them on a space pilgrimage that could potentially take 15 generations to reach, I think the last thing to worry about would be vegan communist.

>implying people wont immediately group up by race/religion/social status like they do here
>implying they wont all kill eachother by the 5th generation

Even if you hand-picked each applicant for the mission, who knows how well the training and conditioning would hold up after a couple centuries.

btw this is topic is the plot of one of the books in the Rama series (Arthur Clarke)
>>
>>738245098
Get the ship that they are on. Starr the ship spinning to make 1g and every 100 years or every 3 generations have it slowly ramp up untill it is at 5g. Might evolve to cope. It that no work keep the ship in orbit for an extra 1k yrs should cope then
>>
File: Anna.png (151KB, 258x337px)
Anna.png
151KB, 258x337px
>>738251357
Something that amuses me already that at some point someone will try to fuck some alien chick only in order to find out that their sexual organs are WAY different from the humanoid ones and is left frustrated.
>>
>>738243641
We havent been into space even once and we wont.
>>
File: uncomfortable.jpg (255KB, 1300x1734px)
uncomfortable.jpg
255KB, 1300x1734px
>>738251929
I'm not entirely convinced that such a "short" time is enought to ensure evolutionary adaption. That takes thousands of years. Genetic modification or something like it is probably needed.
>>
>>738251942
Or not only are they compatible but alien girl has a pussy with 3x as many muscles as a human, along with complete control over all of those muscles. Best sex of your life or she'd break it.
>>
File: not asking for it.jpg (207KB, 1846x1212px)
not asking for it.jpg
207KB, 1846x1212px
>>738252011
Then how do you explain sattelite technolgy?
How do you explain the hubble space telescope?
Fuck there's so many things that can't be explained when trying to convince yourself of this shit. Let me guess: Flat earth aswell?
>>
>>738243641
after a few generations of people who know of nothing of what its like to live outside a spacecraft, you would think that getting to the planet would become a sort of religion in itself.
>>
File: hot rape.png (89KB, 495x398px)
hot rape.png
89KB, 495x398px
>>738252268
Well, then let's hope the guy is good at launching and upholding "interspecies relations".
>>
File: 1499421502018.jpg (260KB, 1024x768px)
1499421502018.jpg
260KB, 1024x768px
>>738252475
But you've got to prevent that somehow. I was thinking of maybe giving each person on the space craft a buddy on earth to keep in touch with them, to tell them what it's like on earth etc. Maybe that would help them what it's like on earth and why their mission is so important.
>>
>>738248701
Just follow the prime directive, obviously
>>
>>738245434
what if the microbes on other planets dont do shit to us cause they havent had millions of years to adapt to infecting mammals?
>>
File: the fuck man.webm (798KB, 426x426px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck man.webm
798KB, 426x426px
>>738252827
Prime directive?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-07-07-15-03-10.png (555KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-07-07-15-03-10.png
555KB, 1280x720px
>>738252297
If we are in space whre is even one real picture of earth. So they can proof globe because there is no curvature. There is non. We live in closed aystem infinate plane.
>Our map looks like this. Because on other side of Antartica are more continents that means more land. They dont want us to know that. They mKe us slaves and make us work for dollar. We just live for money. We gontobwirk to earn money so next day we can go back to work while they print money. By they i think government. We were ment to live all free. Noone ahould be better than other. Flat earths midel works that means every life on earth is important. But others are allowed to kill others. They are army and police.
>>
>>738252671
going to be kind of though once you have 15 year intervals between messages.

i guess the ship could relay information about new citizens to earth and then the earth buddy can start sending them messages in a few years or something.
>>
File: CxZlZ4-WgAAFYA4.jpg (103KB, 1200x1186px)
CxZlZ4-WgAAFYA4.jpg
103KB, 1200x1186px
>>738253159
This is what we are looking like. This is only model not 100% currect.
>>
File: hide the pain.jpg (37KB, 365x450px)
hide the pain.jpg
37KB, 365x450px
>>738253163
true dat, space is just too large, waiting for 15 years for a reply is... long...
>>738253159
>>738253338
/opinion discarted just as you discart tons of scientific evidence supported by 99.99% of the scientific community
>>
>implying vegan communism isn't the future of our earth at the moment
Due to the slavery of the proletariat, and the population crisis, this is the future.
>>
File: nyosu.png (215KB, 296x275px)
nyosu.png
215KB, 296x275px
>>738253645
This is your opinion, but i used the term "vegan communists" more as a figurative term for wrong development of ideology. (While i accept that ethically speaking vegans are superior to meat eaters.) It's more along the lines "astronauts will start to pray to a rock" or some shit i might want to prevent.
>>
>>738253611
basically i imagine it this way
>15 light years away from earth
>baby is born
>send message to earth informing them of kids sex and name
>15 years later earth gets the message
>buddy starts making and sending videos every day or whatever
>when baby is 30 he starts getting the messages that were assigned for him
>>
>>738253785
You know we already do that? Here are the most popular religions:
>some guy went in the mountains and god told him to do shit
>some guy went into the mountains and god told him to do shit
>some guy went into the mountains and god told him to do shit
I'm not saying there is no god, but modern religion is fucking retarded.
>>
>>738252188
i think the bone density would increase and people would get more muscular if you ramp up the gravity at a slow yet constant rate.
>>
>>738252925
That's the thing about all of this, it's all just best guess prepare for the worst but hope for the best kinda deal.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.