[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What made you a man? What events/moments in your life impacted

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 17

File: Kasal_II_USMC.jpg (56KB, 382x493px) Image search: [Google]
Kasal_II_USMC.jpg
56KB, 382x493px
What made you a man?

What events/moments in your life impacted you enough to make you manly?
I am 18 years old and I am currently overhearing my parents pissed off about my loser ways but I am trying to fucking change but I don't know what direction to go. I am thinking of joining the Marine Corps as I will for sure grow/man up in an organized and short amount of time.
>>
reply with "no homo"
>>
I'm 36.

Nothing has happened yet, but I'm waiting and hopeful.
>>
>>738233655
Another thing is that my family does not want me to join the military, they don't realize how much of a more independent, confident and mature person I would become. They think it's like Black Hawk Down or some shit with non stop explosions and bodyparts flying around and call me a fucking idiot for wanting that, but it's not like that at all from all the combat vets I've talked to.
>>
>>738233655
Checkd. Joining the military for me, was the smartest thing ive done in my life. Made me an organized, disciplined and responsible. Good luck teenbro.
>>
>>738233916
They really tried to call me out at a family get together "you know what this fucking idiot has been saying? He wants to join the Marines" as they go on to explain how only losers resort to the military and that every vet comes back fucked in the head or terribly wounded and that their death was a joke. How should I have handled this situation?
>>
>>738233655
Getting your life straight through the military is no different than getting your life straight by other means.
>>
Join the national guard. Seems more appropriate for a faggot like you.
>>
Getting assfucked by a black trap made me a man.
>>
>>738233655
Marines wont necessarily make you a man. Not every faggot makes it through Parris Island.
>>
>>738234483
I am not by any fucking means a little mouse pussy. I am /fit/ and workout daily and have a fucked up mouth and aggressive temperament. Why in the fuck would the national guard be more suited for a kid who has been kicked out school before, benches 245lbs and bought an AR-15 for his 18th birthday?
>>
>>738233655
I was in the same position you were, OP. I was a loser and didn't do anything in high school. I joined the Marines and went infantry.

I was a loser before the Marines, and I was a loser while in the Marines. The only difference is that I got away from my family and my computer and I realized that there were other things to do in life, like actually talk to people. I grew up a lot, and it wouldn't have happened otherwise.

I'm not saying joining is the right answer, but you get out what you put in.

And I got to shoot stuff with rockets.
>>
>>738234304
if you're not a loser you usually have better prospects than becoming a milfag.
all it means to be a man is to be responsible.
first, to yourself. but usually to others. i.e. becoming a father and actually giving a shit. (i.e. not being a nagger.)

listen to some Jordan Peterson lectures on the JewTube.
and clean your room.
>>
>>738234669
because you came to /b for advice.

real men don't do that.
>>
>>738233861
>Nothing has happened yet, but I'm waiting and hopeful.
Was 29 here
Fell in love with the wrong girl
Got my guts and dick wrenched in permanent virus infection.

Im now more a man then I ever have been.

With a infectious dick
>>
>>738234669
lmfao kys autism
>>
>>738234656
All I fucking said was that I wanted to make up, become more mature and skillful. Did I say I was a physically unfit girly faggot who watches MLP? Besides the 3 mile part for now, I can already max the PFT with 20 deadhang pull ups and 80 crunches.
>>
>>738233655
There wasn't one thing that made me a man. More of a combination of things. But the one moment that changed everything was a friend killed himself and we were a tight knit group and we were all fucking around with drugs nothing crazy. After he rage quit life we splintered and a lot of them started using drugs heavily to cope. Instead of following them I sold everything I own and moved back home. Stayed at my Mothers house for three weeks and moved out on my own I was 23 I'm now 37 and life is good. The group of friends?

2 ODed
2 went to prison for longer than 5 years
1 is a meth head
1 is just a loser still in the same spot where I left him
>>
>>738234669
You sound like you're scrambling to find ways to 'prove' to people that you're man.
>>
>>738234669
>AR-15 for his 18th birthday?
Nice airsoft faggot
I got like 4 of them
>>
>>738234832
What are you trying to prove? If your life is so perfect then why whine in the first place? The amount you bench is irrelevant. The amount of crunches and pull ups are irrelevamt. You're just retarded, and there's your issue.
>>
>>738234304
You should realize they're correct
>>
>>738233916
your parents are fucking cowards lol
>>
Tell you parents they're disappointments to their own parents and that if they don't like who you've become to go complain to the manufacturer.

They ain't perfect. They just pissed at themselves that they didn't make you into whatever their expectations were. That and they probably don't fuck each other any more.

You are just fine man. You do you. Don't fuck up you life trying to make people happy who are probably incapable of happiness to begin with.

tl;dr - kick you dad in the balls then fuck your mom slowly and gently.
>>
File: becly3.jpg (130KB, 1822x1026px) Image search: [Google]
becly3.jpg
130KB, 1822x1026px
>>738233916
>>738234304
>>738233655

US Army infantry veteran here.

I think you have a very warped perception of the military, masculinity, and manhood.

The United States military has some of the most educated and talented psychological operations units on the planet. They've done a very good job of reinforcing this "hero worship" of American soldiers - and even the most anti-war politicians have to bow before the golden calf of our US military in order to get even a basic seat of power. It's wrapped up in ideas of hyper-machismo, selflessness, and constant appeals to masculinity.

I can't tell you what to do, but here's my story:

When I got there, almost everybody I met fell into three types:

>1. Nerdy scrawny types who played tons of video games and wanted to prove themselves
>2. Losers who just wanted to kill another person.
>3. Losers who couldn't cut it anywhere else or couldn't hold down a basic job at McDonalds.
>4. People who joined because they legitimately supported the war and believed in preserving American interests (Very few)

Those of us who were option 4 found out pretty quickly that the war in Iraq was a sham, and we were basically just being trained to kill civilians and break laws. That being said, one of my defining moments in the military for manhood was actually deciding that I wasn't going to deploy. As much as I loved the guys in my unit, I couldn't go overseas and kill innocent people so Haliburton's stock could go up six points.

You're also going to notice that almost none of the guys there are in good shape. Most are either scrawny or overweight. I remember in week 3 of OSUT all these guys flexing in the mirror at how they now had a little muscle tone, but they still looked like shit. Their surprise only reinforced that they've never worked and eaten clean for three months at a time (pretty pathetic).

The other part of the military is that it's so hypermachimo that you always do everything the hard way.

Continued below.....
>>
>>738233655
I guess what made me grow up was moving to a different continent where I had no job and no friends, and basically starting a life from scratch. Don't get me wrong - my parents would have helped if I'd really needed it, but I did everything I could to avoid that. Found a shitty job, found a shitty place to live, worked my ass off to make it work, became a grownup somewhere along the way.

Mind you, I still shitpost on /b/.
>>
>>738234952
>t. pushover coward
>>
>>738234001
so you're gonna leave your parents' house because they think you're a loser just to go to an organization and get screamed at for being a loser.

sounds like a plan homie.
>>
File: 9QyJ8nD.png (39KB, 720x350px) Image search: [Google]
9QyJ8nD.png
39KB, 720x350px
>>
>>738234944
exactly.

as long as he is this concerned with what others think he will never mature.

One aspect of this "being a man" thing is being comfortable with who you are. That and being responsible and accountable for your own actions.

Finish what you start and have some respect.
>>
When my first girlfriend broke up with me, at age 17.

I realized I was taking her, and life, for granted. I had never really thought about the fact that she would one day leave me. Up until then I just assumed that everything would work out in my favor.
It was a real kick in the teeth from life, but the only thing I could do was suck it up and keep going.
>>
>>738234991
What about all the people who join for the eventual college assistance? They can't all be gung-ho morons, surely?
>>
>>738234952
they are in no way correct.

That doesn't mean that joining is the right move for everyone.
>>
>>738234991
>those of use who were option 4 found out pretty quickly the war in iraq was a sham.. we were being trained to kill civilians

I just found the guy who has never been in the military
>>
It's not a single event, it's cumulative happenings over time. Nobody is a Man until 30-40 (95%).
Just do man shit, it all gains you respect from other Men. Know your way around a toolbox, build/buy fast cars or lifted trucks. Get in a couple fights. Go to war in a combat MOS. Bang chicks, drink beer. Get married and have kids, support your own. For me, War, Cars, Hot wife and 2 daughters is what I feel made me a man.
>>
>>738233655
The Marines are welfare whores who are mostly deranged bitches that need structure. If you were great at following orders you wouldn't be in the mess you're in. Don't become a welfare whore dropout.
>>
>>738233655
Realising that in the face of globalism, islamization and general worldwide degeneracy I simply can not continue my NEET ways but have to take responsibility for myself, my family and my race.
>>
>>738233916
It's because you are an idiot. I met some of the greatest people in my life when I joined the military and then I watched them get blown up shot and bleed out right next to me while I was terrified and fighting for my life. Don't join the fucking military unless it is your only choice
>>
Joining the military will not make you a man. It will simply make you a sheep, following orders and doing what you are told. Taking responsibility for everything in your life makes you a man.
>>
File: Phrogs Forever.jpg (49KB, 417x288px) Image search: [Google]
Phrogs Forever.jpg
49KB, 417x288px
>>
>>738235106
>t. faggot who doesnt know shit about the military
>>
>>738234944
When in the fuck did I say I was perfect? The point of the thread was things that make someone a man, mentally and emotionally. I am a jobless fuck with no other hobbies besides working out and playing video games all night when people my age are already men, with jobs, responsibilities, out there who fought for the country and went through all kinds of hell while I sit in my goddamn room doing nothing.
>>
>>738234304
Your parents sound like faglets, why care what they think. Join up, become independent and leave behind your retarted family.
>>
>>738234991
this guy has never been in the military.
>>
>>738233655
This is what actual feminists mean when they talk about patriarchy. Your chromosomes decide if you're a man or not. Everything else is society based.
>>
>>738235154
So why aren't you doing something? Do you at least have a job? If not, are you working on getting one, and if you do are you working on getting ahead?
>>
>>738235144
I swore I did know a few things about it...maybe I should ask if they should still call me "sir" here at the recruitment office.
>>
>>738233655
i'm sitting here browsing /b/ while wearing a dress, panties, pantyhose, bra stuffed with D forms, and sandals
>>
>>738235154
Then how come you can't take any kind of criticsm at all? You went badonkles when people responded to you, as if you were in denial but now you outright agree with them. Again, that you workout is irrelevant.
If you are stuck in your room then just force yourself out. Go to a party or something. Anythings. Join the fucking military. Do whatever.
>>
>>738235154

yes. first step is admitting that you are a loser.
>>
No one thing is what makes you who you are - it's just life.
Forget that "Be a Man" shit - that's just a con to get you to do things people want you to do - that aren't necessarily in your interest.
>>
>>738235091
So are you a 1, 2, or 3?
>>
>>738234991

(2/2)

Everything in the military is an appeal to machismo. Just try to find the most perceived masculine way to respond to something, and that's the right answer.

>Guys smelling like crotch rot in the barracks? Showers are for pussy girls.
>Going to the dentist? What are you some kind of faggot?
>I ain't going to sick call, I'm no sick call ranger (gets everyone sick).

I remember I realized how fucking retarded the army was when I was in the DFAC (Dining Facility) and this little Sergeant Major at Fort Bliss Texas (this guy was seriously like 5' 3) was freaking out, jumping up and down and swearing at another Sergeant major who had a chef's hat on in the middle of the DFAC. All the soldiers were just kind of ignoring them and walking around them - getting power-aid out of the machines, getting candy bars and salads. And that's when I realized - these little faggots constantly holding temper tantrums doesn't impress or intimidate anybody. Maybe when you first get there, but after about five months it just becomes annoying because that's how everyone solves everything. You also learn that most of the guys who stay in for life are people who can't cut it anywhere else or need that constant reassurance of the military that they can yell at someone and they're required to do what they say. It's fucking stupid.

Big surprise, almost none of those guys were getting laid (unless they were paying for it). The ones that were married almost always got divorced or simply put up with their wives cheating on them. Moreover, the wives are almost always ugly as fuck and completely insufferable.

So yeah, the idea that the military is going to make you a "man" is stupid. It sounds like your parents honestly just don't take you seriously, but there are other ways to prove them wrong.
>>
>>738235299
>pantyhose and sandals
pls no
>>
>>738233861
>waiting

That's where you fucked up. Go be the man you were meant to be. Time will ravage your body soon.
>>
Natural disaster
> lunchtime walk down street downtown
> thinking bout fight I had with my gf that day while walking through crowds
> suddenly earthquake
> people quiet but noise of shit falling and breaking is loud as fuck
> have had quakes before but this is serious, this is fucking big
> I run into middle of street away from buildings
> see girl run out of shop, she disappears under masonry
> bus full of passengers gets crushed to half its size
> 45 seconds it stops
> people just looking at each other in shock
> alarms going off everywhere, hear people crying injured
> can't help anyone, run home to check family
> every second building is destroyed
> some people perfectly fine, others bleeding or obvious serious injuries
> get home, cool bldg still standing
Next two days no electricity. Can only pay things with cash. Which means some people reliant on others for food. Army move in and clear my street because too many midrises danger of collapse. Have to evacuate and cant legally return for 8 weeks.
Wife loses her shit and literally disappears. Takes flight back to her country leaving my son and i behind. Only find out where she is the next day Live on friends couches, motels with a small kid for the next few weeks. Son is freaked out has no idea what's going on. My job is to keep it together and show him strength and stability.
Every week break into cordon return home to a mess. Our building is flooded. It stinks. Grab clothes, leave huge amount of dry food and water for the cat.

It was a terrible time but it turned me from an idiot who got pissed off about trivial bullshit I to someone who doesn't sweat stupid stuff. I'm impressed how I kept my shit together those weeks. Especially compared to my now ex wife. The experience destroyed her mentally. She's not the same person anymore. I feel I can handle anything. Learned survival skills, first aid, always keep stash of small bills handy, gas tank always full, food and toiletries always at the ready just in case.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbp52Z9jRg0

1 watch mulan
2 become a man
>>
>>738233655
Picked up a weapon and stood a post.
>>
>>738233655

I became a man when I inserted my penis in a woman's vagina.

but seriously, I became a man when my younger bro, sis and I got kicked out of my dad's house. They both ended up living with me.
I had to work 3 jobs just so my younger sis didn't have to quit school.
she now has a good career and my bro is now married with two kids.
>>
>>738235411
Strange, I've just read a book written by a guy who joined the marines, and he mentioned that one of the things he learned was that when you were sick, you went to the doctor instead of wasting everyone's time pretending you were healthy.
>>
>>738235091
>>738235196

Yeah, I was in the military. It sounds like you faggots were fucking paper-pushers who have never even done a 1 month FTX.

Tell me, explain what happens when you flank over wounded enemies?

Have you ever heard of 4-1 kill squads?

This shit isn't made up. The only excuses you have for not knowing are ignorance or willful ignorance.
>>
>>738233861
>I'm waiting
Waiting for what? Magic?
>>
>>738234391
Shut up faggot, you have obviously never been in the military. A lot of people find comfort in structure. Whereas in civilian life everyone is always trying to take control, military life is cut and dry, this mother fucker is in charge and you listen to him. You clean and learn to be clean if you weren't, you workout and get strong as fuck, you get to shoot amazing weapons, drive amazing vehicles, and meet people who you will be friends with for the rest of your life. These people are not like normal civilians, they are far better friends than a whiny ass civilian who doesn't know what real work is.
So, you who has no fucking clue what you are talking about. Shut the fuck up.

Kid join the marines, become a badass, learn to fight, shoot, get strong and leave your beta ass family behind for a kick ass life full of stories. Semper Fi.
>>
>>738235075

Again, my experience was restricted to US Army infantry. Maybe other MOSes are different.

I know one guy in the national guard who joined for all the benefits. He's an aircraft mechanic, his job is sham, he doesn't even know how to shoot a 249, and he tells me how he looks forward to going to drill.

Totally different experience from me.
>>
>>738233655
dad forced me to work for him as a bouncer

having people treat you like furniture, call you names, spit on you and assault you is a quick way to give you guts i suppose.

or at least a good survival instinct. i'm still terrified of fights but at least i know once it starts i'll know what to do.

as for the real part of being a man, that comes when you first move out. paying your own bills and working a shitty job that you hate but you cant quit because said bills will sort you out.
>>
File: 1461889053031.jpg (785KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1461889053031.jpg
785KB, 1920x1080px
>>738233655
Kinda a trick question OP.

Lately I've been under the belief that every experience we have has two outcomes. One that makes you bitter and one that makes you better.

My entire life has generally been nothing but failure. But that's okay, because I refuse to give up on my dreams and goals.

I've done things outside of my dreams and goals that helped me become a stronger person, but doesn't necessarily made me more of a man.

I've done a solo backpacking trip through Alaska, learned to fly a plane, learned How to scuba dive, climbed Mount Whitney, started two companies, almost got married to an abusive bitch, pulled a gun on a home intruder and almost killed him, almost killed myself due to failure in said companies and school, and etc and etc. (All of this besides getting married and starting two companies are things I've done this past year)

Do these things make me a man?

Nah, I don't think so. Do these make me a brave and stupid badass? Nah.

But the confidence and experience that came with it helped me find my way of being my own unique person.

I'm still trying to become the best anon I can be. I still want to be that kind of individual that people envy through hardwork and determination.

Be kind, respectful, fierce, confident, intelligent, attractive and motivated, and soon you'll discover that you can essentially accomplish anything.

Best of luck with your adventures and life OP. Good luck with the Marines.

(I always wanted to be in the military. It was my dream as a kid to be a Green Beret. But the military wouldn't take me due to my deformed flat feet. So instead, I chose my own path.)
>>
>>738234304
Your family sounds like good people, DON'T JOIN THE MILITARY , if you think that is going to make you a man well your mind might be weak enough that it will work. Being a man is realizing you don't need "to be a man", that's what maturation really is is knowing that you don't need a certain event or a metric to measure your life by. I considered myself "a man" when I got a full ride through college for 36 ACT and graduated while coming here from Poland as a young one and felt grown up afterwards. I realized I wasn't even close to grown up even though I made a good avhievement, even after a PhD I felt accomplished but they were just short little things and silly things I was measuring my life by.
>>
>>738235530
hhaahahahaahahahahahaa

yea, you have never served a day in your life.

Or you washed out in boot.
>>
>>738233655
Having a penis
>>
>>738233655
The military is not for everyone, for me it was probably the best choice I could have made.

If you do go into the military make choices that will benefit your future such as what kind of training you would like to get and where you would like to see your life in 10 - 20 years.

In other words pick training that will easily translate into the civilian world.

Also realize that once you get in, your view of the world will drastically change.

Good luck
>>
>>738235511
Nice, bro.
>>
>>738235515

But what was his job in the marines?

OP asked about infantry and that's what I did, so I can definitely say that was not the case in my unit.

Like anything that's hypermachismo, anything that can be construed as weakness won't be met with sympathy.
>>
>>738233655
Join the FFL
That'll do ya some good
>>
>>738233655
getting anally raped by 3 men when i was 8 years old.

made me a bitch, then very angry,
now im over 30 and am comfy but have a failing body due to ptsd and depression issues.
>>
>>738235574

You don't know shit about the military.

Just for the record, you don't get "Strong as fuck" doing push ups, sit ups, and pull ups. Again, almost all the dudes I met in the military were scrawny or fat, and it's actually a running gag on /fit/ because DYELs think that joining the infantry is going to make them super strong.
>>
>>738235574
Or just join the police force, a life of parking tickets and responding to school shootings awaits you
>>
>>738235729
He mentioned the medical stuff as something he got from boot camp or whatever. Don't get me wrong though - he definitely didn't end up infantry, he was some sort of press guy. Maybe out in the field it all goes to shit for everyone.
>>
>>738233655
Beating a negro with an file (rasp) and then going in jail for 3 years. I bet the negro still can't speak properly.

Joining to military is also make me more grown.

And then big sister died from cancer. I learn to not cry.
>>
File: You_have_no_power_here.jpg (60KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
You_have_no_power_here.jpg
60KB, 640x384px
>>738233655

>be me
>last year of college
>had kind of a rocky road of relationships the last three years.
>doesn't matter, had sex
>girl i was with for the last 18 months is fucking psychotic as shit, but sooooooo good in bed.
>she was such a fucking tease, while being such a filthy slut in bed.
>eventually she came home one weekend, and I knew she spent the night at some other dude's house, and I told her we were done
>she flew off the handle, and i got to see her psychotic bitch fit side. she tried to humiliate me in a number of ways in the next month, trying to "convince" me to get back with her by trying to destroy me.
>eventually meet nice gril
>she is very wholesome and cute
>such a raging erection after last relationship
>I get with her
>we are very happy
>one night, ex gets into my townhouse somehow. she probably copied a key or some crazy psychotic bullshit.
>I was really fucking wasted.
>she tries to seduce me.
my large dangling ballsack grew three sizes that day
>in my drunken state i wanted nothing more than to nut in that thot's ass
>i suddenly get some kind of moment of salience and had some kind of flashback to all the memories with new girl
>tell the thot to gtfo
>she was like, "wtf? are you gay?" from that day on she tried to tell everyone i was gay because i didn't fuck her.
>didn't matter, was very happy with wholesome new girl.
>8 years later
>have family with wholesome new girl.
>very happy
>never regret not fucking that thot one last time.
>>
>Inserts "mobile infantry made me" reddit pun
>>
>>738235106
Well we have found the Antifa faggot amongst us who fucks other guys on the weekend while role-playing in his furry costume only to claim he really isn't gay.
>>
>>738233655
My dad threw me out 2 days after I graduated high school. At the time I hated him for it at the time, but in retrospect, it was the best thing he ever did for me. You need to struggle, be poor, hungry and wonder where you are going to sleep. You need to fail and learn. You need to grab your balls and do it.
>>
>>738235659

>Me: They train you to kill civilians
>You: LOL NO THEY DONT U DIDN'T SERVE
>Me: Cites multiple examples where exactly that happened
>You: BAHAHAHA U DIDN'T SERVE A DAY IN UR LIFE OBVIOUSLY OR WASHED OUT IN BEWTCAMP AOLOALOLOLOL

What do you want me to do, post my DD214?

Secondly, US Army doesn't go to "bootcamp." We go to OSUT.

This is exactly the kind of shit I'm talking about OP. Everything in the military is just flex your way through every problem, there's no room for reason, there isn't discourse, it's just a bunch a bunch of fucking whining douchebags like this guy who just do appeals to machismo.

Like look at how this fucking dumbass is responding to my conversation. Instead of granting counter-examples or giving a reason, he's just going to write off the evidence I have with an explanation - "NUH UH." Get a good look OP, because if you sign up, this fucking faggot is the same archetype that's going to be making decisions with your life.

Just remember, when the marines invaded iwo jima, they lost hundreds of men because some fucking swinging-dick General making over $100,000 a year decided to attack at high tide - so marines were wading in the water and getting chopped to pieces by machine gun fire.

Not a single NCO decided not to go through with it and protect his men.

Not a single or soldier decided to go a different route.

What's worse, not a single advisor challenged the general or knew to do so.

These guys will not listen to reason, and will just try to flex their nuts through every problem, which is why they're good bulletcatchers.

Very glad I got an honorable discharge and am never going back. People like this dude remind me very clearly why the military doesn't make you man.
>>
>>738234741
51 bro?
>>
File: DFBTj0a.gif (940KB, 627x502px) Image search: [Google]
DFBTj0a.gif
940KB, 627x502px
>>738236057
What is it? I had a google and couldn't find anything much.
>>
>>738236174

I have never been more convinced of someone that has never served in the military.
>>
>>738234991
So you did one tour, if any, and couldn't hang. Now you write long diatribes to try convince yourself you weren't a failure in the Mil.

At least your writing skills are good. Perhaps writing troll post in /pol is what you were meant to do in life.
>>
>>738236284

you're just proving his point you dipshit
>>
>>738236174
>Me: Cites multiple examples where exactly that happened
What post did you do this in? I must have missed it. Maybe you deleted it?
>>
>>738235530
jesus christ you better be a troll. ITX is fucking nothing. shut the entire fuck up.
>>738235659
he’s retarded
>>
>>738235918
>>738235918
Hell ya brother.

I hope your life is filled happiness and enjoyment.
>>
>>738236330
oh no, I am proving the point of someone who is just rehashing crap he read somewhere.

I don't care if I am proving his point.

He is wrong about military service.
>>
How about you start by just getting a job?
>>
>>738236330
he is just some faggot with a hardon for hating the military.

In reality my guess would be that he did serve in some capacity and washed out because he couldn't hack it one way or another.
>>
OP your thread is bad, and you should feel bad
>>
>>738233655
Within a year finding out my grandfather was a pedophile and my best friend killing himself
>>
>>738236733
How did that make you a man?
>>
>>738236793
that is a hard word for a kid. Learning it makes you a man
>>
File: WinnerWinnerchkndinner.jpg (66KB, 798x532px) Image search: [Google]
WinnerWinnerchkndinner.jpg
66KB, 798x532px
>>738236694
>>
File: stanman.jpg (76KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
stanman.jpg
76KB, 640x480px
>>738236284
>>738236407
Again, proving my point.

>>738236499
>I'm proving his point about military service but he's wrong because my experience was different

>>738236694

OP I really hope you're reading these because it should be pretty obvious to you at this point what the military is going to surround you with.

>>738236404
You can't delete posts on 4chan, genius. 4-1 kill squads was national news. Bradley Manning was national news.This list goes on, bro.
>>738236325

Lol, "couldn't hang" . . .

The military treats everyone there like fucking babies. You want to stay at work on Fridays until fucking 19:30 so the battalion commander can give you a "safety brief?" You wanna get called in on Saturdays because someone on your unit got a DUI? You want to have to ask your Company Commander for permission to get married or travel 100 miles off post?

That's fine, but those of us who don't need a supervisor for our lives doing way better without it.

I left the military and became software engineer. I make fucking almost 100k a year, I'm not even 30, live in a house on the lake, and right now I'm taking 2 weeks of paid vacation. You want to make it out like having the brains and autonomy to do something better is "not being able to hang?" Fine, but this is the exact kinds of appeals to machismo I'm talking about. The Army and military has some great dudes, but they're usually a minority, and most often the people that are there for long periods of time need the structure of the military because they don't have the discipline to do anything themselves. Moreover, I'm in better shape now than I was in the military, simply because the military doesn't train to be big and strong. They make you do calisthenics endlessly and don't feed you enough. That's why most soldiers are scrawny DYELs.
>>
>>738233655
>get a college education.
>get a high paying and respectable job.
this will allow you to have a nice house, a nice car, and be a responsible and self sustained man.
>>
>>738236793
It changed my worldview and led me to being a better and more mature person.
>>
>>738235154
woah, mr. perfect over here
>>
File: 1499395292498.gif (446KB, 300x186px) Image search: [Google]
1499395292498.gif
446KB, 300x186px
>>738237060
>>
>>738237060

This.

Laughing at butthurt military fags who want to justify being cannon-fodder for a war almost every general admits was a mistake.
>>
>What made you a man?

After college, I took a job teaching in a smallish town in China. I had never been out of the country before, no English anywhere in the city and I spoke elementary Chinese. After starving one night because I was too scared to attempt to order food at a restaurant, I got over some of my fears pretty quickly.
>>
>>738236962
you are proving my point.

You don't know what the military really is and you are trying to convince the rest of the people in this thread that your voice carries more weight than those of us who have actually served.

How many other people in here are grasping at straws trying to prove they have combat experience.

None, because people with combat experience don't need to convince anyone that they have it.

Keep crying about your washout though. I am sure your life is fulfilling enough now that you don't need to prove anything to anyone......
>>
>>738233655
Militair is for loosers. It says you have no values on your own and can't Organizer yourself.

Find values and targets in your life. Accomplish them. Do your way. Be Open minded and have a heart. Try to improve yourself. Be Independent and do what you say. Be souveran. Thats all. Don't think you have to be like Hollywood "men"
>>
>>738233655
>lived on my own when I was 19, learned to be independent
>stopped using my parents to apply for things, filling in documents, talking on the phone, sorting things out (I know it seems like nothing but it was a problem for me)
>stopped taking drugs/drinking alcohol mindlessly and started focusing on my future
>dated a girl for the first time recently and got dumped because it wasn't working out, I know how the 'game' is played now and I know what I'm after
>stopped agreeing to everything/being used and stood up for myself, had the ability to say no and not regret it, can't be nice forever
>push myself out of my comfort zone when I can, its hard but I won't learn otherwise
>focus on hobbies and my future, no more wandering around, not knowing what to do with my life
>look for well paid jobs and get the right qualifications for them (working on it at the moment)
>doing up budgets and being responsible with my money, never been in debt, never got myself into something I knew I couldn't afford
>be on good terms with my family despite our differences and arguments, you'll need them in your life
I'm 22 now and feel in charge of my life even though I'm scared as fuck most of the time, I think I'm doing well for myself and I know where I want to be.

Being responsible is what makes a man, not doing edgy shit to force character on yourself. Hardships shape character but if you just throw yourself in harms way then you're just an idiot seeking validation
>>
File: 1491785763099.jpg (53KB, 400x302px) Image search: [Google]
1491785763099.jpg
53KB, 400x302px
>>738237060
he's right tho.
>>
>>738237337
Son I think you might have the brain damage.
>>
>>738233655
living on my own long enough to learn how communication, accountability, self-accountability
of ones own thoughts and opinions and feelings by ego-less communication to reality,
affects the way people live and interact with each-other,
learning that when people have an emotion over something they have a nasty habit of not holding themselves alone for their opinion or emotion,
and that when you teach yourself how to hold yourself accountable for your opinions and feelings
it's like a superpower / enlightenment that literally puts you above everyone else
in terms of ability to cope and progress in life, lucidity of mind -
those lower consciousness thinkers become jealous and invest all their energy into trying to get you back on their level

so anyway, after developing this mentality, i found that my crazy white family is not what "family" is supposed to be,
and that they also were all additionally on crack and/or coke
so i entirely abandoned my family, gave up hope for any "plan B" involving returning to my biological family

tl;dr:
manliness comes from learning how to cope with your thoughts emotions and feelings as things that, no matter how influenced they are by the external, are yours to be accountable for.
also, the term "masculinity" is NOT synonymous with "self-worth" or "success", the system that would have one believe that, is the same system that has people filling their social media profiles as passports of self-identity, learning from the large numbers of likes, shares, and followers on other peoples profiles perceived to be above them in terms of other variables mainly visual appearance and arrogance
>>
>>738237337
>Militair is for loosers. It says you have no values on your own and can't Organizer yourself.

It is just a job, so the same can be said for any job out there.
>>
>>738237116
Green texting for my own benefit
>be me
>have great family, not rich, not poor
>there was a side of the family that spent a lot of time away playing music
>my grandfather and his wife(he remarried)
>when I was 10-12 he started to have us up to his place for visits frequently(as far as I know he never touched me or my brother
>nobody thought much of it, he was making up for time he lost with dad
>he said strange things to me sometimes
>about his fairly fucked up childhood
>one time he tells me that if anybody hurt his wife he would murder them
>don't tell anybody because poor judgement
>he always liked my sister more than me or brother
>never knew why
>ohwell.gif
Cont soon
>>
File: second.gif (212KB, 1166x875px) Image search: [Google]
second.gif
212KB, 1166x875px
>>738237195
Agreed.
>>738233655
you're looking for an easy out. The obvious path that is open to all is to go to college, get a good career, and be a self-sufficient man.

Buuuut if you were too much of a jerk-off in high school to go to college, then maybe military is your only option.
>>
>>738233655
Marine Corps gives you an unearned feeling of badassness, which will surely get your ass kicked when you get out. Plus, it's sucking on the gubmnt tit. You're 18, move out and go your own way. You'll grow up fast.
>>
>>738236841
so learning a "hard word" makes you a man now? lol.
>>
>>738234762
Home run.
>>
>>738237475
People who say you when you wake up, howto stand, when to eat, when you do sports ... It's basically parents for adults. Additionaly there comes that you would kill someone just because someone tells you to. Thats the opposite of being independent which is more or less the main aspect of being a men.
>>
File: 09.jpg (130KB, 701x1024px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
130KB, 701x1024px
blasting balls deep in a nice pussy
>>
>>738237626
that is also not at all how it really is.
>>
>>738237626
I want your job, apparently you don't have to listen to your boss and you can do whatever you want, whenever you want.
>>
>>738233655
Life and a lot of luck
>working (initially illegally due to age) since 14
>abusive stepdad tried to kill me when I was 17 as I stood up to him
>never finished college, traveled around a bit
>was so broke at one time , had to steal money from my mom , also had drug problem
>Then - just luck , and some clearer thinking. Now I'm a business services manager, have close friends, practice judo and so forth.
That's pretty much what being a grown man is. If you're not one, joining the military won't make you one.
>>
Nothing made me into a man, I'm not a man and everyone can see it, fuck I can't even walk outside without my jaw realigning
>>
>>738237527
if one is not funded to go to college,
no rich parents or football career,
then isnt the military a good option to be able to go to college?
they pay for it.
>>
>>738233655
Not everyone who comes out of the military, even marines, take anything useful away from it.

Sometimes lazy fuckheads remain lazy fuckheads and go back to their old ways when they don't constantly have someone forcing them to do shit.
>>
>>738237486
>one time while my sister was at his house I hear he was sick, I thought it was kidney stones
>father(grandfather's son) is distraught
>they are both down in the city he lives in fir a day or two
>when they get back my sister seems different
>a day or two later mum calls me and brother into lounge room
>she tells us that my grandfather's wife found him molesting my sister
>first time I've ever seen my dad truly angry, not hit you for being bad angry, burning, searing hatred.
>literally withdraw from life for a few weeks
>barely talk, don't eat.
This was the first thing that truly made me hate something
>liberals
>I see propaganda about pedophillia being a sexuality not a mental defect
>start browsing this shithole
>become fairly degenerate, never fell for traps though
2/?
>>
>>738237460
You don't realize military is a big fraud. Movies and government tries to make it look heroic and nice. But if you are really in war (i don't speak about US airstrikes, i speak about wars like vietnam war) then you will realize fast that you will be traumatized and probably injured or dead. And that you sit over weeks in the dirt where you piss or shit right beside you while in front of you laying the corps of your dead friends. Meanwhile Chad is fucking your girlfriend. And when you come home nobody wants an confirmed PTSD broken and damaged crippled ex-soldier as friend or worker.
>>
>>738237674
Why that girl have three testicles and no pussy?
>>
>>738233655
I fucked a female rugby player who was 3 inches taller than me and had about 50 lbs of muscle on me. Made me the man I am today
>>
>>738237296

This post doesn't even make any sense.

Nobody is grasping at straws for anything besides you and the other butthurt milfags who want to puff out your chests in pride about how you fought in a war that literally every US general has admitted was a mistake.

You nor anybody else has offered any counter examples.

You pretty much just keep dismissing that anon's point and asserting that you're better than him or he didn't serve, and are ironically proving everything he's written about the military.

Have fun standing in formation and reciting gay little poems like THE LAW or singing gay little songs while you run on concrete and fuck up your knees.

>>738237337
Truth
>>
>>738237997
I was actually referring to his inability to write coherently or spell basic words, but nice rant.
>>
>>738237776
Atleast I don't die in war while chad is impregnating my wife. Enjoy showering with your comrades.
>>
>>738237990
>had gf
>whore
>I took her virginity tho
>did start self medicating on various substances for a small time.
>grow to hate myself
>eventually whore gf makes up some shit about another guy molesting her
>Dump her after jizzing on her face
>15 y/o me was a terrible person
>stop being so degenerate
>stop being a faggot alt right "blacks are bad because they are black" guy
>become actual national socialist
>see liberalism destroying culture, lives and dreams
>that is what kept me from killing myself
>hatred
>soundsedgybutok.meem
3/?
>>
>>738235530
This dude is retarded.

>1 month FTX

eat an entire dick and shut the fuck up. Pretentious pretender.
>>
>>738237776

You're totally missing his point.

I really hope OP is paying attention to all the uber pro-military guys in this thread because every single one has failed articulate an actual argument and has resulted to nothing more than appeals to machismo.

Everyone who doesn't agree with them is a pussy, everyone who was in the military and didn't like it just "obviously didn't serve", the anons who talk about having personal freedom and not literally being considered a piece of government property are strawmanned.

Again, you're all just proving their points.
>>
>>738238149
Beside the fact that US wars are most times illegal because UN vote veto, which makes them theoretical an war criminal.
>>
>>738234841
Sounds like the plot of trainspotting.
>>
Your definitely a good age to join the military, better to do it young before you start thinking about serious relationships and a family.
>>
Do it, but go into some tech job or something that will give you a marketable skill set when you get out. Do not go Infantry, as appealing as it is.
>>
>>738234991
You're a coward, you aren't a man.
>>
>>738238779
> better do it young before you understand its bullshit
Nice try Uncle Sam
>>
>>738233655
I moved to a bus up in Alaska and lived off the land.
>>
ITT: fags that think you’re ultra retarded for joining the military and fags that swear your only hope is to join the military

OP, you’re only recourse for being a man isn’t gauged by your parents or any fag on /b/. It’s gauged by you. I joined the Marines because I was headed to jail on the path I was on. I had no positive role model whatsoever. All of my friends were dipshit redneck douchbags and thug nogs. I didn’t want to end up fighting for my cornhole in jail so I enlisted. There were shitty times and good times and I came out pretty focused and determined to be a good man. I work hard, raise my kids, go to college, and struggle with not putting hands on douchebags. Not everyone comes out angry and broken, but not everyone needs to go into the service.

Figure out some long term and short term goals and work toward achieving them. Do not give up on your goals, but do realize they will change.
>>
>>738235483
Impressive tale anon.
>>
Coming in yo mom>>738233655
>>
>>738238079
A gay man?
>>
>>738238328
>a few months later on my year 10 camp
>hear that something really bad happened, don't have and phones or shit on camp
>apparently one of the teachers got a phonecall and were gone for about 30mins
>they come back pale like a ghost
>the principal was in the other group
>he got quickly transported back to school
>we are all talking on the bus home about what it was
>someone jokingly says "somebody probably killed themselves"
>teachers walk up the bus
>tell us that we will have things explained when we get back to school but for now be quiet
>we are all a little bit scared and confused
>we get back to school
>we get called up to hear a speech from the principal
>he says
>it is unfortunate that I have to end such a positive camp on such a negative note, but one of our students had passed away and it appears to be self harm related
>the student's name was ----------(my best friend, a year below me)
>feel like a physical force just kicked me in the solar plexus
>go to bathroom
>punch wall until 3 knuckes split
>clean myself up
>call to get picked up
>told I look worried
>not now
>I manage to avoid crying until I was in the car and then I cried for about 6 hours straight
>still don't remember the last thing I ever said to him was, but the last one I remember is "nah, it's too cold I can't be bothered walking that far"(we used to go dick around in the mall until the Indian fucker who got a diversity hire kicked us out

I lied, I'm only 15 now, i'm no man. But if there was ever an event or will be an event that makes me one it will be this.
I'm still recovering from my friend's death but j am better and stronger than I was before.
Thank you for tolerating me in this tread
>>
>>738236174
>swinging-dick General making over $100,000 a year
now we're sure you're full of shit.
>>
>>738233655
Look dude, find something you love doing, not like but fucking love. Not like playing video games or jerking off, but an actual marketable skill, and get good at it. Then do that for the rest of your life and it won't even be like work. I'm a butcher, I make 30$/hr and work in air conditioning all day. I fucking love it. Besides, what's more manly then cutting up your friends deer for them after they been hunting.
>>
jesus christ grow op grow a fucking spine, the fact you are heavily invested in what your (probably) trash can tier parents think of you is your only problem
>>
my grandfather died a while ago, so I'm running his company, bc his sons are useless assholes. I'm 17 btw
>>
ITT: americans with an incredible hero worship and glorification of the military, despite the reality that it is constantly seeking conflict to justify its bloated existence. Just be fucking genuine about it, its a diplomatic tool not the WHO, WWF, UNICEF all rolled into one
>>
You care too much about what other people think of you.

You still "divinize" your parents. Fuck them. You won't be any more happy making them "less miserable". The y have their own problems and make bad decisions as anyone else.
>>
File: iraq-torture-abu-ghraib.jpg (29KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
iraq-torture-abu-ghraib.jpg
29KB, 620x465px
>>738239165
Yes OP join US. Become a good men. Illegal war, killing and torture make you a men. And obviously raping some little boys and girls in front of their mothers.
>>
>>738239584
US still thinks its the good guys after it started in last 10 years over 5 illegal wars and killed over 10 million civilians.
>>
>>738239246
>not knowing what it's like to tame a beast
I pity you
>>
>>738237466
holy shit, this
>>
Join /b/ro. I had nothing but jail in my future as a teen. I joined the military and after a few years of molding I can honestly say I learned alot. I also met friends that I stay in touch with to this day. It doesn't have to be a career, just get the experience and use it as a stepping stone. Good luck
>>
>>738234391
Agreed. I have been in the Navy for 7 years and it did wonders for me. College or a good trade can do that as well. Its all about finding your path and respecting others paths.
>>
File: 1498439794785.jpg (30KB, 284x288px) Image search: [Google]
1498439794785.jpg
30KB, 284x288px
>>738233655
I'm a month away from joining the militairy. Good luck man
>>
File: 1499306514851.jpg (86KB, 518x621px) Image search: [Google]
1499306514851.jpg
86KB, 518x621px
>le joyn millitary be manly let your gril cuck you while u goone
>>
>>738233655
3 years ago, I was a stupid liberal socialist. Then it occurred to me that I could be wrong. I did a bunch of research on important topics and found that the conservative capitalists have had it right the whole time. I became a man when I started voting republican. Also, lift weights. Also, read books. Read real books like The Art of War, The Prince, and literally anything by Hemingway. Give up video games. Keep drinking and drugs to the weekends. Make at least a tentative 5-year plan. Get a job and make money. I think that about covers it. Good luck, anon.

Also, only join the military if you have no other options. The military is an okay starting point, but the time you put into it will NOT be worth the money/glory you get out of it.
>>
>>738239261

a few of my mates topped themself in high school. sometimes you will remember them when its cold enough outside that your bones hurt and the wind burns your cheeks -- but honestly, after a while time will heal the wounds

sorry to hear about your sister, keep an eye out for her
>>
File: y_chromosome_wide-500x177.jpg (15KB, 500x177px) Image search: [Google]
y_chromosome_wide-500x177.jpg
15KB, 500x177px
the Y chromosome
>>
>>738233655
Just get a job and start paying for shit around the house
>>
Going to prison at 25. Unfortunately, I didn't get to live my life in the real world.
Thread posts: 167
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.