[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one stop smoking weed after 7 consecutive years nonstop

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 7

File: 200_s.gif (48KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
48KB, 267x200px
How does one stop smoking weed after 7 consecutive years nonstop smoking fellow anons?
>>
>>738022341

You just stop. It's nothing like quitting cigarettes. You kind of go "gosh, I wish I had some weed." and that's it. Or just cut way, way back.
>>
I've gone 3 months without it now after 6 years of smoking almost every day.

my tip are to get some exorcise and buy melatonin so you can get some sleep and you'll see that you can do it.
>>
>>738022442
getting sleep should be hardest. Whene did you start to feel good about not smoking?
like from day one or has it taken like a week?
>>
>>738022442
Solid advice
No chemical dependency for weed but you might find it difficult to eat with the same voracity or sleep as easily. Give it a week or two to level out and if you do smoke try to do a grav hit or a bowl out of a pipe and then dont touch it the rest of the day
>>
>>738022341
high intensity interval training

/fit/
>>
>>738022341
Get cocaine
>>
>>738022546

I was very bored the first couple of days and It was really hard to not think about scoring a bag.

But instead of doing that I went out on a run and that made me feel great.
>>
>>738022546
Im a different guy but personally for me its around a week or ten days you just feel like your mind is more clear and you have more energy
>>
>>738022341
Been smoking dope everyday for the last 16 years. I'm 32 now. Feel like it's time to quit, but it's hard to break this fucking routine...
>>
Man why you gotta make this thread right before I'm about to call my dealer
>>
just stop its that simple
i didnt even plan to stop and just quit for a few monts.. when i got back to it i got the worst kinds of paranoia and was just afraid of smoking
>>
>>738022341
Stop buying it, stop hanging out with people who smoke weed.
>>
>>738022913
>>738022873
>>738022820
quit for 3 days last week, went kinda good. I then ofcourse started to smoke again and i fucking hate that feel in the morning, but in the evening i just cant resist the urge to hit one up.
>>
>>738023085
>when i got back to it i got the worst kinds of paranoia and was just afraid of smoking
This happened to me after months of not smoking too so now I just avoid it all together
>>
>>738022341
Start smoking crack or meth
>>
>>738022341
No idea. I stopped smoking and now I have trouble sleeping, eating, I'm incredibly irritable, and I feel bored all the damn time. I've only stopped because I didn't have a choice.
>>
Youll probably have trouble eating as well as sleeping for a week or so. As others have said, excersize will help both a bit.
Its not hard though. Just dont buy any.
>>
>>738023346
How long since you stopped smoking?
>>
>>738022341
why would you stop ?
>>
cold turkey. i quit cigs cold turkey, but i still smoke weed.

exercise. after strong exercise sessions, i don't get the weed craving, it feels like i'm forcing myself to smoke, which i am in a way, i prefer smoking before i go to exercise. makes it more fun.
>>
>>738023173
Ya i was in the aame boat as you. I only went on a ten day break when i was sent to pchad (detox) and ya i know its stupid i was sent there for weed
>>
>>738023085
Feel the same way. Get serious anxiety attacks on it.
Weed is a shit tier high.
>>
>>738022341
You KYS, no more smoking.
>>
>>738023233

hahaha yes bro
everytime my friends want to smoke or stuff or everytime i am about to smoke i get so super anxoius :D ruins it all for me
>>
>>738023496
1. due to costs, need my money atm for other shit
2. been smonkin mainly haze last couple of month, and that shit messes with my brain too much
>>
>>738023085
Just don't smoke it like you used to. I smoked for 10 years, quit for 5 and started again medicinally about 1.5 years ago. An eighth would last me a month when I started again, now I'm back to 1+ ounces a month. I grow though so it's now biggie.
>>
File: cbd.png (16KB, 230x230px) Image search: [Google]
cbd.png
16KB, 230x230px
>>738022341
Try to vap some CBD based eliquid, never tried but it's seems to be working pretty good, expensive tho.
Doing sport is cheapest.
>>
Im playing Battlefield 1 sober for the first time ever I quit smoke 3 days ago after 2 years everyday fucking ottomans this game is so fucked up no ones gonna survive a sniper bullet in the gut whats this fucking %79 damage shit. Sick of this fucking crap its the worst fucking game ever and who ever thought humans can snipe with a fucking xbox controller is a straight up cunt you reckon they'll ever bring a fucking mouse and keyboard out for the xbox NOOO fuck me right.

>Its been hard guys
>>
>ITT: fake addicts.

I used to ACTUALLY have a drug problem.
>>
>>738023948
Here he is
>>
>>738022341
Get a job on a large construction site
>>
>>738023948
Go seek for attention on R e d d i t
>>
>>738023948
too bad you didn't overdose
>>
>>738022341
you'll have insomnia for a few days, some mild anxiety and cravings, then you'll get the fuck over yourself
>>
>>738022341
I'm currently 5 weeks sober from ANY substance atm. I smoked for 12 years and drank a lot for 10 years. I went on a Xanax binge a couple weeks ago and the alcohol + weed + Xanax withdrawals were hell. The fear of future withdrawals turned me off from all drugs. I was already at a point where I wanted to get sober, and my week of hell drove the point home. I couldn't even smoke anymore because I would get panic attacks, hence the alcohol and Xanax. I am glad the worst of it is over and if I can stop so can you. Good luck
>>
You just stop.
>>
>>738026652
Good job. Fuck its tough.
>>
>>738026652
wish you the best
>>
>>738026896
>>738026920
Thanks I really appreciate it
>>
>>738026652
very inspiring. ive been on xanax for 2 weeks only, and it was pretty bad allready. thanks for the inspiration anon, I appriciate!
>>
>>738022341
I took a 4 month break it felt great
>>
>>738022411
Accurate
>>
>>738023948
retard
>>
>>738022341
Keep busy and you won't even think about it. But it's really not that hard. Keep away from ppl you blazed up with daily.
>>
Just stop. At worst you will feel more irritable than usual and have some short term memory problems for a few days and possibly have some trouble with appetite but these things all go away within 2 weeks and then you just have to deal with the monotony of being sober all the time
>>
>>738026652
>i had to take drugs to deal with the effects of drugs
it's a good thing you stopped
>>
I'm so glad you made this thread OP. And to the people who are posting their view I appreciate it.
>smoking past 2 years
>finally have to grow up and get a job unlike all the guys I use to hang out with
>hard to break the routine <-very relatable
>it's literally been 12 days since I last smoked. I took a half gram dab as my last hit and then I put away all my paraphernalia

I want to smoke again but I realize I don't like any of the people I use to smoke with and that I'm saving money by not smoking plus I'm on the right track to securing my job.
Also when I first stopped I was asking the people I once called friends for advice and they gave no support. Looking at myself compared to them makes me realize that they are truly going to be white trash and won't have shit in the future
>>
>>738029668
If you want to quit for personal reasons, that's cool, but don't make spite your reason for not doing drugs. Remember, weed makes you relaxed and less judgemental, and these things are way more difficult when you're sober. You're trying to create a divide between yourself the "good, sober person" and all the "bad drug users." This will just turn you into a spiteful faggot that goes around ranting about how drug users are shit even though you personally were a drug user for at least 2 years. Just quit because it isn't the right thing for you anymore, don't quit because you want to prove that you're better than some people. That's gay.
>>
>>738026215
What the fuck are you guys smoking?
>>
I have schizoaffective disorder, I quit recently because I realized that I actually do have mental problems and weed just isn't the right thing for me to be doing.

I don't condone anyone that smokes weed, but it's hard because I know dealers and friends get me to get on for them. Bless you all and I hope you all succeed in your endeavors.
>>
>>738030711
9668 here. Love you man
>>
File: 1499089857141.jpg (52KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499089857141.jpg
52KB, 720x720px
>>738022341
You dont Stop and get your Shit together. Vape or eat and there is no reason to Stop you crybaby.
Im vaping for more than ten years and have perfect health and a golden life
>>
>>738023792
>Thinking there's a difference between strains.
>>
>>738031200
Holy shit... Drumpf btfo.
>>
I have been wanting to reduce my usage I'd weed in order to have a more healthy relationship with it. Am I just being delusional and idealistic and should just quit cold turkey, or is a healthy relationship actually possible?
>>
>>738022341
i wonder about this exact question since 9 years....
>>
>>738032898
good question. im in a simmilar position. i dont really want to quit smoking completly, but smoking once evry few days seems so unreal...
>>
>>738022341
Just think of the reasons why you don't wanna smoke (money, motivation, constant brainfog, feeling dependent on something, etc) and concentrate on that everytime you feel weak.

As for sleep, you can take some 5-HTP for a short time which helps (as long as you're not already on ssris) though to be fair, I've only taken 3 in the last 30 days since I quit.

Main things is dealing with boredom during free time, (MAKE yourself busy, even if it's just with vidya and reading) and I highly recommend exercise - lift, walks, whatever you need. Apparently the shit takes 3 months to totally get out the bloodsteam and about 30 days for your head to rewire itself a bit so just keep at it.

Worth it though, I've smoked for years every night and 30 days ago I woke up feeling depressed as shit for no reason and had been getting pissed for a while that it was sapping my motivation for exercise and keeping fit - so I said fuck it and cut it out. Felt a bit irritable and sleep was a pain in the arse, but I feel infinitely better and my progress has been 10 times better during the last month since I stopped smoking it.
>>
>>738023948
*wah my problems are bigger than your problems*

Fuck off with that shit. You should have learned to drop that bullshit at school you basic cunt.
>>
>>738022411
except that's exactly like quitting cigarettes.
anyone claiming otherwise is pathetic
>>
I have quit and come back a few times. My best advice would be to change your routine up. I love playing video games but found I get bored with them when sober so I tried other things. I also recently switched to only smoking outside when i walk the dog (live in an apartment on 4th floor) so it is a pain in the ass to just go out for a quick puff.

Also i switched from bong to pipe so i dont get as wrecked all the time. If you really want to quit as others have said just stop. You will be cranky for a couple weeks but its not that bad.
>>
>>738033324
>>738022442
melatonin or 5HTP, whut would you guys rather suggest for the sleepless nights?
>>
>>738032898
I keep it down to 1/8 a month vaping once a day. It's a daily struggle to not smoke too much.
>>
>>738033583
there is no real addiction to weed only 7 percent of daily smokers of weed are addict, and it's all in their head they feel like they absolutely need it because one of the first feeling you get is the feeling that you will never be happy again but once you stop smoking weed for 3 or 4 days happines come back
>>
>>738022341
dont stop
>>
>>738034692
there is no real addiction to anything
>>
>>738023948
Bullshit. Psychological addictions are every bit as bad for you and hard to quit as physical ones.
>>
>>738035385
this whole fucking site is a perfect example of this

a decade of 4chan. A fucking decade of me watching this place get worse and worse every day
>>
>>738033202
>>738034384
Perhaps you're correct, I've been thinking about making smoking a once or twice a week thing but maybe that's not possible
>>
>>738035385
all addicts are fake bub, it's hard to quit because you don't want to, not because of any mystical ADDICTION DISEASE
>>
>>738035516
Try it. If it isn't possible long term, just stop completely. You'll know if your use is compulsive and uncontrollable when you know you're hiding it and structuring life around it, rather than structuring it around your life.

We lean on drugs for something -- entertainment, companionship, escape from emotions, whatever. That's an ingrained habit. If you fall back into doing it every day, you know you depend upon it to fill some human need. Look inwards and discover what need isn't being met, and then get it from other people. Better just to stop.

Just be sure not to replace it with oxys or some shit like I did.

>>738035996
Sure, buddy. Run along and tell your mommy.
>>
5-HTP or Melatonin?
>>
smoked almost every day for 12 years man
one day I just didn't smoke
next day I just didn't smoke
Its been 3 years now
all days I just don't smoke
>>
File: C9tpikkXgAExmDc.jpg (113KB, 1200x938px) Image search: [Google]
C9tpikkXgAExmDc.jpg
113KB, 1200x938px
Just stop. Its not that bad.

Your appitite will be fucked for the first four days, but its literally nothing compared to the feeling you'll get when you smoke up again in a few months.

Remember how weed used to make you feel?

All of that comes back. 10/10 would not go back to every day smoking. Snoop was wrong.
>>
File: 20160918_093129.jpg (1MB, 2079x2609px) Image search: [Google]
20160918_093129.jpg
1MB, 2079x2609px
>>738035045
When i quit alcohol after 1 year everyday, i had withdrawls that litteraly almpst killed me (that i didn't think i was going to have from going Cold turkey)

I have hypoglycemia from alcohol so i can't smoke cannabis anymore, i quit cold turkey after 8 /1/2 years
Nothing happend but a alight headach that was atleast 1000x less painful/bad as my alcohol withdrawls.i also grow so o have some now but can't smoke.

I quit soda cold turkey aswell. No issues at all.

I can't quit ciggeretes. I just cant, the last time i went 24 hours pissed me off.
>>
>>738037394
so alcohol has effects on your body, no shit, that doesn't mean you have an excuse for your choices.
>>
>>738037630
Addiction isn't an excuse, it's a disease. You're still responsible for getting better.

Just like depression. A disease, but you have to choose to recover.
>>
>>738037394
same i stopped with xtc easily as fuck. Stopped smoking weed, stopped alcohol, but cant fcking stop smoking.
>>
>>738037879
yea i don't think you know what disease means.
>>
>>738037630
I was drinking out of the fact i want to drink

You dont have to be addicted to drugs to have withdrawls. An addict can't quit cold turkey on his own! I quit on my own two feet without knowing i was going to have WD's in the dirat place. Dont be that guy anon.
>>
>>738038811
withdrawals and addiction are two different things, one is a side effect of a drug and the other is a made up excuse.
>>
File: 1492214043202.jpg (112KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492214043202.jpg
112KB, 1600x1200px
>mfw high rn and the pizza guy will be here in a few
>>
>>738022341
I had to stay sober for a new job after 10 years of daily smoking. I bought 2 Os of shrooms and crushed them up and put them in capsules about .5-.7 each. Microdosed every morning and felt amazing and didn't get the raging urge to smoke.
>>
>>738039354
That's .5-.7 grams in each *
>>
>>738023466
Two weeks, but I still can't eat more than one "meal" otherwise the best I can do is snack on something like trail mix as I feel like I'm stuffed after a few handfuls. The sleeping issue I'm down to 4 hours of sleep and feeling like a zombie otherwise.

Granted I smoke because it helps me with this shit, not because I'm on some 420xxxblazeit shit, so maybe I'm a different case. I just can't spend the money on it since I'm broke and just trying to help my mom keep her house. Already can barely afford groceries, but I suppose its for the best.
>>
From my experience it took a month for my apetite to return to normalish levels. Benedryl to sleep, felt more energetic and clear headed. Really bored though, video games stopped being fun, started getting shaky and sweaty from the adrenaline.

(((((Captcha)))))): israel central
>>
>>738039644
You can hustle your way out. You sound somewhat intelligent and capable, you see issues and youre acting on them. Godspeed anon.
>>
>>738029935
That was great right up until you wrote. That's gay. 1/10
>>
>>738039112
Your the one who claimed i was a addict though if im not mistaken.
>>
>>738038386
I used to be a heavy smoker, drinker and weed smoker. Read Allen Carr's book on how to quit smoking, makes it a lot easier to quit.
>>
>>738022341
I started drinking
>>
one calculates ones monthly,yearly and total cost spent on weed, then compares it to the price of a car,pc,house downpayment or whatever you might be into and realizes how much they are fucking up their life.
>>
>>738022341
Drink alcohol instead. I go back and forth between abusing weed then using alcohol just so my tolerance can get a bit lower.
>>
>>738043369
but I want to stop being addicted to some shit that more or less runs my life, not sure if heavy drinking would go so good for that
>>
>>738043663
if you wanted to stop you would stop, using "addiction" as an excuse will get you nowhere
>>
>>738043663
Listen to
>>738043855
Weed aint addicting, and if it is then you're family line probably has an addiction problem, and you shouldn't be doing any drug(s)
Go for a run, or a bike ride next time you really want to smoke weed. All you need to do is occupy your mind. Anyone who has had to quit from cigs knows exactly how hard, but effective this is.
>>
>>738043369
Alcohol is WAY fucking worst then cannabis
>>
>>738022341
Do sports, get high from exhaustment
>>
>>738033583
Don'T you think the guy who can't even stop with weed is more pathetic?
>>
>>738044086
theres no such thing as a family with an addiction problem, let alone a person with an addiction problem, addiction is made up by people who want to do drugs.
>>
>>738044137
It is, but having a beer or 2 isn't going to kill you son, besides no one really knows the side effects of weed for now. Studies say there are none, besides maybe anxiety, or being paranoid, but that goes away and only recently have people started fucking with weed a lot since it's become "cool"
>>
>>738043855
im not using it as an excuse. It just describes my relationship to weed most accurate, like as if you were dependent on it. I am stoping, I just want to find way to secure that my mindset will stay like this. Thats why we have this conversation i guess, cause I dont want to fucking hide behind anything, just looking for advice and support in coping with this very problem I have.
>>
>>738044219
anyone claiming they want to quit something and not quitting because "ADDICTION" is equally as pathetic, whether its meth or coffee
>>
>>738044299
Holy fuck I haven't read anything this retarded in a long ass time. Do you know what an addictive personality is? If not google it you dumb cunt.
>>
File: 1404268911966.jpg (25KB, 448x412px) Image search: [Google]
1404268911966.jpg
25KB, 448x412px
>>738022820
imagine the feel if you grow jars upon jars of weed and want to quit, but your only goal in life is growing the dankiest stankiest of the kind green bud until the day you die
>>
>>738022341
I quit smoking weed about 2 weeks ago after being an everyday smoker for 6ish years. Just don't buy anymore once you run out and replace the urge to smoke with something else (like go for a walk or run). It's going to be tough for a few days but once you break the habits there's no physical withdrawal symptoms to pull you back in.
>>
>>738044508
an addictive personality is a different thing entirely, I'm talking about people who claim its a disease and that they got it from their parent and so its not their fault.
if you're doing drugs it's for no other reason than because YOU choose to.
>>
>>738044679
Also, exercise and melatonin to help with sleep.
>>
>>738033583
>not having a vice is pathetic
https://youtu.be/2Oo8QzDHimQ
>>
>>738044740
search on google reward system.. you will see even stuff like food can cause addiction, neural and behavioral alterations caused by excesive levels of dopamine in the synaptic cleft cause a overexpresion of transcription factor like FosB in the long run.
>>
>>738035045
Say that to Heroin addicts
>>
>>738044927
are you retarded, I'm saying anyone claiming cigs are harder to quit than weed is pathetic, maybe learn to read.
>>
Not aimed at op but other veteran weedfags.
I've been smoking nonstop for a few months and I've built up a big tolerance. I've found a few ways to combat this.

>Smoke smaller bowls
It'll be weird but after 2 or 3 smaller bowls you'll trick yourself into feeling more high
>Don't use bho or hash plus weed regularly otherwise you'll waste the weed
>Take a 1 day break
Seriously you'll be surprised how much your tolerance goes down if you manage 24 hours. Extend it if you can manage, after you see how much it goes down after one day.

Anyone want to contribute to this? General tips on smoking regularly and still getting high.
>>
>>738045024
withdrawals are a side effect of the heroin, not a new disease called addiction bubby.
>>
>>738045104
Contextually that's how it read (which is why you have 2 others confused.) 4/10 apply yourself anon.
>>
>>738045260
"theres more retards so im not a retard"
doesnt work that way cuntrag
>>
>>738044740
Ok yea that makes sense, but I will say I have known people who didn't know that Addictive personality was a trait in their family line, so they'd drink and do all that shit, but couldn't stop, simply because he didn't know his parents.
>>
>>738045104
I've quit both and can say that cigs are harder than weed. Weed was kinda like "oh I wish i could smoke" while cigs were more "if anyone talks to me right now I'm going to rip their head off". Combined with night terrors and other fun shenanigans. Quitting cigs was the worst 2 weeks of my life but I'm very glad I did.
>>
>>738045163
Samefag. Anyone tried vitamins? I've heard regularly taking vitamin C and a few others will help speed your metabolism's breakdown of what gets stored in your bodyfat.
>>
Just know that it's there, available for you, it's only hard to quit when you give yourself deadlines, in military prison I started smoking like a motherfucker, a year after I got out, I decided to quit, my boss always puts her cigs on the table and tells me that I can smoke freely, yet I quit, after a year of heavy smoking, because my way out is infront of my eyes, I have the OPTION to light up, but I choose not to.

tl;dr High as fuck, why am I talking about smokes again?
>>
>>738045424
>Three people agree against one
>They're all retarded, not anon
>>
>>738045431
him not being able to stop has nothing to do with his parents or his addictive personality.
>>
>>738023233
>>738023085
>>738023635
Are we talking panic attacks or mental paranoia?
I always wondered what exactly the change in effect is. It's not something like 'what if someone rings the door bell now? What if someone calls?', is it?
>>
>>738022442
What this man said. I just stopped after 5 years. Try not to compensate with alcohol, that shit will tear you apart if it becomes a habit
>>
>>738045547
three people "agree" to be incapable of understanding the english language, so i geuss we'll change it then.
>>
>>738022442
Fuck now I gotta get exorcised
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.