[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain FIlthyFrank to me. I read that his content is satir

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: Papa-franku.jpg (72KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
Papa-franku.jpg
72KB, 640x638px
Explain FIlthyFrank to me.

I read that his content is satirical and sarcastic, but I don't see it and I don't get the humor in some of his videos.

For example; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bxB--BPQCs

What is this supposed to be satirizing?

I guess I'm asking for someone to explain his humor to me in-depth.
>>
It's one of the things where you either like it, or don't. No in-between.

I don't like it either, but then again I have no sense of humour, so woe is me.

Asking somebody to explain the humourous aspect of something is a quest in futility.
>>
>>737859671
RELAX
>>
>>737859671

>I don't see the humor in some of his videos

>humor

that was your first mistake
>>
>>737859885
I'm pretty chill rn. I've been wondering this for a while, no hate to Joji Miller, he seems sincere and like a chill dude.
>>
He used to be funny back then, now its all edgy humor catered towards 15 yo
>>
>>737860118
this
>>
>>737860118
How was he funny? Could you give some examples of his humor? I'm just curious.
>>
>>737859671
His voice gives me aids
>>
>>737860423
i guess its partly that some of the shit on his channel isnt supposed to be funny, and thats what makes it funny

shit like

>"I put a hamster in a sock, slammed it off the table and the only thing that broke was my dick"
>>
It is just so different from other things on YouTube, a change in pace.
>>
File: sad-frog-meme-pepe_352142.jpg (46KB, 500x459px) Image search: [Google]
sad-frog-meme-pepe_352142.jpg
46KB, 500x459px
>>737859671
The comment section on his video's make me feel gross, such an autistic fan-base. Also he regularly shits on anime and that's really mean dude.
>>
Your telling me you don't think Nickelodeon girls is funny?
>>
>>737862013
He's fine with anime, it's WEEBS he hates
>>
>>737859671
oh ur an intelectual

y do u need to understand filthy frank?

if u don't think he's funny then he isn't for u

its called taste

its not for everybody

dont be a condenscending douche
>>
>>737860019
Sorry :(
>>
>>737859671
Theres a story line to the filthy frank show, its set in a special kind of omniverse which has realms or some shit. Theres a dark lord called chinchin. Also theres other characters e.g Pink Guy which has been infected with a disease called Lycra which is why he cant talk and shit. Its actually indepth and well made as fuck if you look into it.
>>
>>737861359
>They call me micheal vick, because after a hot summer day, i like to come home and break my dogs neck
Laughed my ass off at this in high school jfc
>>
>>737859671

I'm the exact same OP, find all of his shit fucking annoying and spasticated. I like some of iDubbbz's shit but whenever they collab I skip it because I literally can't stand Filthy Frank and his faggot voice.
>>
>>737859671
Had a coworker that watched his crap
He makes fun of and explains things to autistic people as a really bad made up character
thats all
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HKaO8qXS4

Why is any of this shit funny? Just him in public screaming. Why the fuck does he have that many subscribers
>>
>>737859671

it's funny if you are under 15
>>
>explain frank.

It's weird and kind of hard to explain.

I accidently came across his pink guy compilation and about half way through was going to turn it off. It wasent funny. It Wasent kooky. It was cringy and seemed desperate.

But being half way through I decided to finish it. And I never watched one again.

UNTIL youtube recommend me one and I was bored and it was fairly short. And it grew in me slightly. And then I watched another, and another and another after that. I didn't really get it at first, but slowly I became interested and it caused a few chuckles here and there.

At some point a switch flipped and he became hilarious. Everything he does is absurd and that's what's funny about it. It's over the top stupidity, situations that no one would get into, followed with reactions no one would have. It was great.

Eventually he started making lore with his videos and it just adds to the humor. The whole point of frank is to take his absurd humor seriously, to let yourself roll around in the filth. It's fun.

We know he can do better if he tried, but it's funnier when he only puts half effort into it.
>>
>>737859671
I for one fucking love papa franku and that's primarily due to the fact that what he does is so fucking retarded. I think his songs are fucking hilarious and at the same time I find it impressive that he's able to actually come up with decent lyrics and rhymes. And besides all the retarded shit, he actually has an interesting and well developed story line going in his vids with chinchin and pink guy and stuff which another anon mentioned. And last but not least, he fucking destroys weebs which are the purest form of cancer on this planet so there's that.

Ultimately it comes down to the individual though, I know some of my friends don't like his show because they think it's "too extreme" and whatever. Most of his content is satirical and sarcastic, but for example the video you shared is actually one his lore-related videos so that's supposed to be the random-shit-happens-and-it-doesn't-really-make-sense type of humour where it's just random stupid shit going down. Then again, not everyone likes that type of humour either. Just comes down to personal preference I guess
>>
File: athlete.jpg (55KB, 960x832px) Image search: [Google]
athlete.jpg
55KB, 960x832px
>>737860175
Seconding this

What I enjoy the part that the character is a based lunatic and you know what I mean when I say you have to make a fucking conference to gather all the "yous" in your head, well that shit was hilarious to me.
The old rants and basically until salamander man started to show up less is when it went downhill, then again he is the only youtuber I could stand watching all of the content, others 4 vids tops, bunch of retards.
>>
File: ok.jpg (41KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
41KB, 480x680px
>>737863436
>>
>>737859671
I enjoy him because its "absurdism",
anyone who likes Papa, might also like Tim and Eric or something equally shit

its all art shit
>>
>>737862429
how embarrassing
>>
>>737859671
Three words.
Edgy stock footage
>>
hes a cool ass dude off the show i especially like the music on his sc
>>
So it seems like the general idea is his absurdism that draws people.

But what separates him from like R&M or fucking IDubbz etc?
>>
>>737859671
I don't understand the humor in any of it either. even if it is sarcastic, it's simply not funny to me. I'm 26 so maybe I'm just too old for it but I'm with ya OP
>>
>>737859671
I reckon he uses franku as a facade to hide how deeply depressed inside he really is, because all appearances of joji have been disastrous, his boiler room set, his 'cameo' on Ethans podcast with post malone. I reckon hes got some real problems but uses this shit to mask it. like 'i wanna kill myself' it seems like a joke but it really isn't but that's what makes it fucking hilarious. or he could just be some normie douche who thinks hes edgy af.
>>
>why do people like frank?

Because it's absurdist art.

Every video is frank sending a message or creating a intresting piece of film art, while hiding it behind complete absurdism.

He both captures high quality cinematography while mixing it with homestyle videotogophy. Add absurdism into the mix and you get this very well done video that is both completely batshit and somehow really well grounded.

I mean look at the fucking lore. Vidoes of his bullshit have a complicated and drawn out lore to them, charatcers reoccur, have bullshit power levels like DBZ and have weird motives and interests guiding them. Combined all with the knowledge that it's just stupid and absurdist shit it creates a surreal type of fanbase.

As well as a Cancer kiddies fanbase. But you knew that.
>>
>>737859671
I find he makes decent content but his fanbase is by far one of the worst.
>>
>>737868034
>all appearances of joji have been disastrous

Not true really. People like his music and love the persona. Boiler room was a mixture of nerves and the studio being a piece of shit. In the end it caused tons of joji fans to reach out to him and give massive support, some even offering better and more supportive venues.

Although I haven't seen his H3H3 cameo. So I can't speak on that.

He had some real shit George vlogs and the vibes from those is that he's happy. He just like to compartmentalize his life. And any other George appearances, even when it's brief always show him as happy, or just chill.

Dudes fine.
>>
>>737868229
>implying R&M isn't worse
>>
>>737860118
he doesn't even post content anymore as of late, all his stuff got demonitized and he was more into the music scene anyway apparently
>>
>>737859671
Its a prank bro, its all a prank. Joji just does this shit until his rap career gets off the ground. Have you heard his mixtape?
>>
>>737860423
more the shock factor of his content than anything. word choice, animal abuse, vomiting. pretty edgy shit for kids
>>
>>737868520
this.
really what happened is the pink guy character blew up and he just kind of rolled with it
>>
>>737868520
He has fun making the Frank vidoes. But he also likes making music. He just does what he wants.
>>
>>737868387
Im not talking about his online persona, his music is straight fire and i dig it, and he seems like a chill bro, but idk, his vlogs always had this sorta satirical tone wit an underlaying theme of sadness that he used humour to sort of hide, but I could just be reading to much into things. like I remember when he started having fits, and had to 'step in' on his own channel. Like doesn't that seem out of whack that frank and Joji are completely separate entities to him? its like they're two different people and it baffles me.
>>
>>737859671

At this point, he's just doing whatever to make money.
>>
>>737868960
As is every other youtuber.
>>
>>737859671
Edgy underage teenagers find him and more or less autistic clones of him funny (iDubbbz, leafy, pyrocynical, lt. corbis, etc.)
>>
>>737868825
I think it's more compartmentalizing, in part due to the nature of his stuff and in part due to the fans. Because of it we rarely get to see his "real side", usually you only see it in other peoples vidoes, the occasional Max video or in some party label video (which happened recently)

In them he seems happy and like a completely different person, because he just plays a "bit" or a character. But of course he plays it so well that we think he's hiding something, but I don't think he is.

I think he was depressed at some point, but isn't anymore. He just draws on it now for Inspiration/material
>>
>>737859671
>title
satirizing the current popular trends on youtube by equating them to retards yelling the whole time, basically saying this is just as retarded and equally informative.

>dimensions
he just uses that so he can do whatever and claim everything has a retarded continuity.. which itself is an injoke for his videos

>fruit snacks guy
he's from way earlier stuff, and many "characters" he uses have dark counterparts... that's the yelling retard to start with

>fruitsnacks
just a dumb meme, no satire or meaning

>low quality production
Part of his style, it's a joke in and of itself. A lot of "edge meme" youtubers do it atm. I guess it's "lo fi"

>hip hop meme shit
see above, it being out of context and done badly is part of the joke.
If you need to understand it, watch Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job, or look up dadaism.

If you don't like the humor, that's a different thing and valid. Not for everyone
>>
>>737862429
Don't act like you don't know exactly what the "show" is about, you're seriously afraid of being judged? Here? For fucking Frank??
>>
Just read this y'all

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/interviews/2017/01/pink-guy-pink-season-filthy-frank-george-miller-interview
>>
>>737862860
Wasn't that track from like last year?

Christ, this board has gotten young.
>>
>>737869493
Before he was in college, he suffered from seizures. Then he said he likes to please the masses a little too much sometimes and that sticking to his own material is challenging. I think nowadays it's just good ol' fashioned fun
>>
>>737872251
Yeah. He does what he wants now and I think that's good.
>>
File: image.jpg (732KB, 854x641px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
732KB, 854x641px
>>
>>737868491
He created his first channel (dizastamusic) to push his music. His comedy stuff turned out to be a bigger draw so he figured that he'd use THAT to help get his music out there. Lately his stuff shifted away from Frank strictly to Pink Guy and his hip hop shit. Frank is now something he just teases.

What's funny is that he's fucking AWFUL live. He only works well in studio and his live mic skills are fucking trash. Aside from being an internet novelty I don't see his rap really taking him far outside that. He's planning on doing a Joji album, but doesn't seem to care that people only want Pink Guy's raps.
>>
>>737872540
>people only want pink guy raps

Speak for yourself nigger. Joji albums are the shit and a lot of his pink guy raps have been influenced by them
>>
>>737865841
this is probly the simplest explanation
>>
>>737872837
I'm talking about his general audience and those that like his first two albums without any knowledge of his YouTube shit. The Pink Guy persona is an easy sell for most people. With Joji it's just... a dude.
>>
>>737872996
A dude who makes good music though
>>
>>737859671
That's one of his worst videos actually.
I don't like him anymore. You can tell he's a normie trying to be edgy. Here's what his about section reads on YT: "Filthy Frank is the embodiment of everything a person should not be.He is anti-PC...." It continues but I figured I'd put that here. If he think political correctness is a good thing, he's an idiot. If you want to watch some good videos by him, check out The Mac and PC one, Balls on my Face and The High School Survival Guide one that isn't on his channel anymore for some reason.
>>
>>737873179
I'm not saying he doesn't. I'm saying his non-gimmick music won't have as wide and lucrative an appeal as his Pink Guy stuff.

>>737873273
He USED to be edgy, but the times moved on.
>>
Franku hasnt been posting. I think hes smoking too much herb and not posting enough. Niggers gonna lose his subs
>>
>>737873473
In one of his old videos he said "I fisted a small child today." His oldest shit was retarded. I couldn't even laugh at the shocking stuff. Right around the time when he put the "balls in my face" video out I feel like he got funnier. His content went down the shitter after he made the STFU music video that I enjoyed. Seeing him go into the musical direction really sucks to me. I miss it when he would do those stupid rants. They were pretty funny. Out of the popular youtubers right now I think Idubbbz is the best, but even right now I feel like he's running out of ideas.
>>
>>737873911
>but even right now I feel like he's running out of ideas.

I think with him it's a case of blowing up way too fucking fast. After the Leafy Content Cop everyone expected him to be MR. EXPOSE and even his fucking fans wouldn't shut the hell up about who his next target should be. The main issue was that Content Cop was something he only did occasionally. All his other material a lot of new people didn't care about. So now he was pressured to keep this new viewers happy. Then comes the adpocalypse shit and everything becomes demonitized. I get the feeling he's working an IT or Electricians job now to pay the bills. He done so before. It does seem a lot of these guys are kinda just slowly falling off.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.