[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does our society have such a big problem with long haired

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: Grohl.jpg (65KB, 552x368px) Image search: [Google]
Grohl.jpg
65KB, 552x368px
Why does our society have such a big problem with long haired men (e.g: refusing to hire long haired men and not letting long haired boys in school) yet nobody cares if women have short hair?
>>
>>736420213
The matriarchy.
>>
>>736420213
i have long hair, a job and went to school.
you just need to know how to carry yourself, have good connections and act professional. Also, just tie your hair back.
>>
>>736420213
cut your hair and get a job faggot.
>>
Maybe wash your hair so its not greasy as fuck. Trim it so its not shaggy looking and like above tie it back for jobs/school
>>
>>736420826

What job do you have?
>>
>>736420213
I haven't had a real haircut since I was about 14 and I'm pretty sure this is mostly bullshit.

Pull that shit back for job interviews and work and anything where you actually care how you look, shave, and don't dress like a bum. Maybe I've been denied a few jobs because of it, but I wouldn't say I've had a hard time finding work so it can't be that bad.

Outside of work you need to just not be a little bitch. Girls don't owe it to you to like feminine haired men and it's not the 70's anymore so of course guys are going to make fun of you. Either laugh with them or get a haircut and get a real job
>>
Otherwise stop trying to be different get a regular fucking hair cut and goto work you whiney ass
>>
>>736420992
i work in Computer Engineering.
>>
>>736420213
Because most men look disgusting with long hair. Women can change themselves with their hair.

And fuck you.
>>
File: 1497558312172.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497558312172.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>736420213
Fuck you dave you hipster fuck
>you used to be cool
You have a weak 'boy band' beard and long stupid hair
You're washed up dave anhero
>>
>>736421623
Anon, you're not actually talking to Dave.
I think you need to go lie down.
>>
>>736420213
Because a long hair on a man is seen as being frowzy, while short hair on a woman is seen as just being a tomboy
>>
File: fortune teller pattern.gif (20KB, 549x730px) Image search: [Google]
fortune teller pattern.gif
20KB, 549x730px
I can't believe this bait still catches fish.
>>
>>736421023
Men who laugh about someone else's hair have the mental capacity of a middle schooler so you shouldn't care what they think anyway.

OP start a business then you can do whatever you want.
>>
I've got long hair and nobody gives a fuck
>>
>>736423309
Me too, I can't relate to any of these issues.
>>736420213
OP where are you located?
>>
>>736424100

Ireland.
>>
>>736421707
Don't try that shit Dave
>you have gone lame
>you are searching for a ego boost on /b/
You post this shit at least once every few days
Anhero Dave
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (6KB, 148x221px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
6KB, 148x221px
>>736420213
men have to be efficient to work for women so they won't have time to care after themselves. they better have short hair for quickly wash and dry so they can get back to work for their masters.

also pic related.
>>
>>736424424
That's strange, I've been to Dublin, Ireland about 2 years ago, and I never noticed any frowning or otherwise about my hair, or others hair and fashion style for that matter, and I saw some crazy shit. People we're very diverse and seemed open and accepting. Lots of drunks though, that's the impression I got anyway. Maybe the culture of Dublin doesn't represent the rest of Ireland's so well either, come to think of it, capitols never really do.
>>
>>736421158
Cool. Not other anon, but I'm trying to get into that exact field. What does your day look like?
>>
>>736424946

I live in Dublin.

I don't have a job yet, I'm 19 and in college for the next two years.

I've seen tons of long haired men but I'm worried I won't be able to land a job.

When you're at an interview they never tell you that they aren't hiring you because of your hair.
>>
>>736420213

You are ALWAYS going to be judged on your appearance.
No matter how many people march, protest, whine on Facebook or otherwise pout that people should be judged by their actions, your first impression and overall appearance set the tone for the way you'll be treated and perceived.

People with long, unkempt hair are viewed as slackers/losers/burnouts; and are treated as such.

Blacks wearing sagging pants are viewed as niggers; and are treated as such.

People with southern drawls are viewed as undereducated hicks/rednecks; and are treated as such (there is a reason that southern professionals who want to break into business/television out of the south take classes to learn a non regional dialect).

I do a bit of consulting work that requires me to enter various county buildings around the state...

when I'm in jeans and a t-shirt passing through the metal detector, I'm asked to take off my belt, sometimes my shoes, and I'll have the wans passed over me still.

when I'm in dress pants and a button up (or a suit and tie), I'll actually set the metal detector off, and they'll just have me lift my pants legs so they can see and just let me go in from there.

Appearance is life.
>>
>>736425440
True, and I've struggled to find a job here in Denmark too, and like you I've had my suspicions when I was declined, without any concrete reason other than "you are not really what we're looking for" or some other vague shit like that. But think about it, people of all shapes, sizes and styles have jobs, different jobs perhaps true, but it's never really a deal breaker.
It's all about confidence, self esteem, and making sure that they understand that you really do want that job, and that it interests you, that's maybe the most important part I think.
That's my experience anyway.
>>
>>736420213
i have long hair. i haven't had issues, but that might be because I get it trimmed regularly and keep it clean and well-groomed.
some of the greasy fucks on here never do any of that and it looks like hell.
>>
>>736427052
This. Personally this truth sends me into a state of anxiety that stems from insecurity about my appearance. I like to tell myself that the substance a man is made out of means much more than his appearance, and that people's judgments about my appearance are irrelevant, because they don't know me.

Truth is, as anon said, appearances are quite relevant. Your social and financial successes are closely tied to how you're perceived.

I'm trying to find balance between the effort I put into my appearance and behavior and the idea that people's judgments are baseless and inconsistent with how I view myself. I guess it comes down to not giving a fuck yet seeing how other people do, but being clean cut and taking care of you for you.
>>
>>736420826
This guy gets it. Not every guy with long hair looks like a Grateful Dead roadie. I've had long hair most of my life. Still went to a good school, got multiple graduate degrees and have a pretty decent career.
>>
>>736428578

What job?
>>
>>736428134
>well-groomed
I haven't done anything with my hair for 2 years and people dig it, my sister is jealous as fuck, I keep telling her hair products are primarily designed to make you spend cash and secondly to give you the impression that's it's doing something good for your hair, which I think is true, and proven at this point.
I do however find that getting in the ocean once in a while does wonders, maybe saltwater is good for hair or some shit i don't know
>>
>>736428628
Energy industry analyst.
>>
Society doesn't. It's only if you can't pull of the look they'll heckle you for it. For example, if you look like a chubby metal head with long nasty hair and cargo shorts, I can see why people won't hire you.

I used to be fat with long "badass" hair and I had trouble finding work. I looked like a creeper, a loser, a neckbead almost. I didn't get hired because of that. I then lost tons of weight, cut my hair to a more trendy medium hairstyle (emo-ish shit was still hip at the time) and got hired. I then grew it back, but still retained the skinny fit. I still managed to get hired.

Hair is only a problem if you don't look good with it.
>>
There's too many guys that can't really pull off long hair with long hair right now. Same with beards.
>>
>>736420213
>not letting long haired boys in school
in what kind of ass backwards country is that a rule?
>>
>>736420213
it doesn't
you are just using it as an excuse for being awful
>>
just get a haircut

pretty much every dude I've ever known with long hair cut it within ten years of growing it out and thinks they look ridiculous with it when they see old pictures taken of them when they had long hair
>>
Gonna chime in as well... I've had long hair, facial hair, multiple visible piercings (earlobes, nostril) for my entire working career so far (7 years), and while I may have gotten a few weird looks a few times I don't feel like it has hindered my career at all. I travel all the time for work, I pull in well over 6 figures base salary, have been recognized and promoted several times, etc.

The key is, as others have said, hold yourself with confidence, take care in your appearance (my beard is always trimmed and shaped, hair clean and usually tied in a bun or ponytail, I wear clean, well-fitting tailored clothes), and take responsibility for your work and actions.
>>
>>736429884
Are you a hipster with a man bun working in downtown SF?
>>
File: 1477505789922.jpg (205KB, 708x674px) Image search: [Google]
1477505789922.jpg
205KB, 708x674px
I don't think it does meanwhile I routinely think short-haired women look awful. Women with short hair are almost always "feminists". Women generally wear long hair and men are attracted to it because it's a display of good health.
>>
>>736429968
Not in San Fran. Western Canada.
Guilty on the hipster and man bun bits.
>>
>>736428578
How much student loan debt?
>>
>>736425440
I only had one place not hire me because of my long hair. They had an accident once where someone's hair got caught in machinery. Other than that i haven't had a problem. I live in USA deep South. One job required me to wear it tucked under a hat though. Right now I'm working in an office /warehouse setting but i have meetings with the owners of the company and they don't care. I also have a beard too. Usually keep my hair pulled back. I used to get a lot of shit in school but having long hair hasn't really hindered me from employment.

Just carry yourself with confidence and speak properly. Shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>736420213
I transitioned, got to keep my long hair and have an easy job
>>
Long hair usually doesn't affect me. I have been turned down for having ear lobe piercings, and also tattoos. I have one small visible one. It's not even crude or anything. Also I stutter because brain damage and I know that places low-key find a reason that isn't my stutter to not hire me. Like they'll hire niggas that don't speak English for the same job. It's whatever, though. I will admit that even in nice clothes I do kinda look like a tweaked out retard.
>>
>>736420213
It's so simple though.

>Long hair, no beard 6/10
>Long hair, beard 8/10
>Manbun, no beard 7/10
>Manbun, beard 9.5/10

I look like a fucking hipster douche and it wasn't my initial intention at all at first, but fuck do I get laid a lot with this style.
>>
I have long hair and keep it up in a pony tail for fear people would put gun in my hair. Mainly fear of balding men putting gum in my air.
>>
>>736420213
No one has a problem with it. You're just a faggot with faggot hair.
>>
>>736434034
winner
>>
As a long haired man up here in Canada I can confirm that no one gives a fuck
>>
>>736420213
hey op, the 50's called, they want their thread back
>>
>>736420213
That's David grohl.

He could wear a dead rotting skunk for hair and people woukd still try and suck his dick
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.