[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't tip. Ever! Why should I? "We only got paid

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 45

File: No tipping .jpg (36KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
No tipping .jpg
36KB, 550x309px
I don't tip. Ever! Why should I?

"We only got paid about $3 per hour, boo-fucking-hoo." None of my problems! I just don't care!
"If you cant afford to tip, then don't go out eat." My economy is not the fucking waiter's problem.
"Tell in advance you're not going to tip." My habits are also not the fucking waiter's problem.
I go out.
I order.
I pay for what I ordered.
That's it.

Does /b/ tip? If so, why?
>>
File: 14151561.jpg (61KB, 490x562px) Image search: [Google]
14151561.jpg
61KB, 490x562px
You should only tip if you'll go back and be recognized, assblasted waiters will fuck with your food. Otherwise don't give those cunts a dimel. inb4 salt, everyone knows how much you niggers make and you know you don't deserve it. You should be grateful this tipping shit even exists in the first place because it's the only reason you aren't making minimum wage. A trained ape could do your job
>>
What's the difference between a Navajo and a Canoe?
>>
>>736406037
Idk, what?
>>
>>736406124
A Canoe will still tip
>>
I hope you Don't go to the same places often anon.
>>
>>736406282
That's the beauty of living in a big city. I can eat at a different place everyday.
>>
don't ever fuck with someones food unless you are fully prepared to sit in a wheel chair the rest of your life
>>
>>736406359
This goes the same with their livelihood. But to a greater extent. Because y'know, they need it to live.
>>
The people that complain about not making enough in tips are the same people that bring home 100 or more a night in just tips.
>>
>>736405412
the rest of the world doesn't tip.
I don't get it. why are the US so retarded?
>>
oh look at all the niggers
>>
>>736405412
I only tip if the waiter was exceptional, i.e. beyong what is to be expected from the place I'm eating at
They get their pay for the job they do, and I pay for the stuff I want to eat (which includes the costs of making it and maintaining the place)

Easy as that
>>
>>736406621

The rest of the world also includes taxes in supermarket price. Because in the US everything is about money and people need you to know who you're paying and why. Instead of just giving you the final price.
I don't give a fuck about how much you, shop owner, pay in taxes, i wanna know how much money i have to pay to get the thing i need/want. And i don't give a fuck about how much your waiter is paid, i wanna know how much i owe for my food and paying the cooks and the service people should be up to you. But not in murica. In murica the restaurant and the waiters are two different entities with no connection whatsoever between them that you pay separately. For some retarded reason.
>>
File: 1463615986324.jpg (44KB, 417x627px) Image search: [Google]
1463615986324.jpg
44KB, 417x627px
>>736406452
>give me more free money because I'm an unqualified, uneducated worthless cunt who can only bring stuff to people
Yeah Nahh
>>
>>736406621
Bcuz we is am are an nigger
>>
>>736406887

How about the restaurant owner pays everyone involved into making the food and bringing it to me, and just gives me the final price, non negotiable. So i can enjoy my evening out and not have to worry about haggling like a sandnigger or a jew.
>>
File: 1494546439447.gif (100KB, 374x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494546439447.gif
100KB, 374x400px
kek my sides.
I was a waiter, I can't even begin to imagine how much floor food, spit, and anything else you have consumed without your knowledge

You fucking idiot
>>
>>736405412
Yes, because I'm not a fucking asshole.
>>
>>736406980
They shouldn't be paid even minimum wage, they put no effort into anything. The bar makes the drinks, the cooks make the food. Literally all they do is bring stuff from one place to another. I was a cook for awhile, pretty hard work. They were still going home with more money cause they had nicer tits than I do.
>>
>>736407242

They should be paid minimum wage, and no tips allowed. That would be fair. Fair also to the customer, who doesn't have to spend the evening worrying aobut how rich the waiters thinks you are so they will serve you better expecting a tip.
>>
>>736407242
Bullshit. A cook making less than a waiter?
You were just washing dishes, don't make you no chef.
>>
>>736407008
And this is why faggot ass servers don't get tipped. Get a better job if you want money and stop being petty entitled shitbags.
>>
>>736407008
Stfu faggot, once the food leaves the pass nothing happens to it. And the cooks won't do shit if some table called you out for being a flaming faggot, they risk having to make it again.
>>
File: 1488890848372.jpg (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1488890848372.jpg
18KB, 300x300px
>>736407008
>>736407054
>I-If you don't overpay me for carrying plates I'll shit in your food!

LITERALLY A TRAINED APE
>>
>>736407008
This just proves waiters are children that throw temper tantrums when they don't get what they want.
>>
>>736407381
I would be more inclined to tip an ape because at least it is actually using its brain and would be funny
>>
>>736407320
I said cook not sous you faggot. Yeah I made more hourly but on a Saturday night with a low cut top and short shorts, she's still going home with 150-200 in cash. Know how I know you're larping?
>>
another side of it to consider, having been both a cook and a server - cook is stressful but being a server means dealing with people, like you assholes!

i'd take hourly cook pay over dealing with customers directly all day every day

that said some server get fuckin tyrannical about ERMAHGERD MAH TIPS and im like shut up and just be nice to the customer, then they might actually tip
>>
>>736406213
Booooooooo.
>>
I don't tip the cashier at McDonald's and that's literally the same job as any waiter in any restaurant. Take the order, wait for the food, bring it to me. Tipping is completely optional but a vast majority of people have been conditioned into thinking it's a requirement to tip at least 20%. I'm a strong believer in "if you don't like living off the generosity of other maybe you should get a different job." because let's face it generally people are massive assholes.
>>
If you go anywhere even semi often, they hate you. You are getting slower, shittier service to save a few bucks. good job OP
>>
>>736408014
>if you don't like living off the generosity of other maybe you should get a different job

Self entitled fuck.

Let's hope you're never in a position where you're stuck in a job you absolutely fucking hate and can't do anything about it.
>>
Here's an idea:
Tell your waiter before the meal that you don't tip. Order stuff but make it semi complicated (dressing on the side, substitute, whatever). But don't eat anything. Just sit and talk (if with gf/friend/whatever) or surf the web if alone.

At the end of the meal, ask for a box for your food and leave a huge tip...

See if they come out and warn you not to eat the food cause they spit or did nasty shit to it.

Throw the food away or give to homeless person if they don't come out.
>>
>>736405412
I usually just forget completely
>>
>>736405412
As a UKfag, we treat tipping differently that the Yanks. I've seen a lot of these threads and I see the same arguments over and over again.

I think you need to re-define what a tip is.

I've heard people say that there's a loophole in USA law where an employer can pay less than minimum wage because the rest is made up from tips. If this is the case, then it's not a tip. You're paying a part of their wage.

The cunt employer sells a meal for, say $10, and pays the staff shit.

What you need to do, as a civilized person, is calculate the real cost of the meal, which is $10 plus 20%. That's not a tip, you're paying the actual cost of the meal.

By not tipping, you're effectively ripping off the staff by not paying the full cost of the meal. The Owner doesn't give a fuck, cos he's getting his $10. You're taking from the little guy. Which is something you complain about the 1% doing every day.

If I was in the USA, I'd tip.

But I'm a Brit. We don't have any of that bullshit here. A tip is a tip.
>>
At the end of the day employees still have to have minimum wage. Employers are requires to make up for what they didn't get in tips.
>>
>>736408674
That's not always the case. (I'm a brit) Americans as a whole expect tips for anything.

Last time I was there (N.Y.C) I was staying in a hotel. I said hello to the doorman everyday. One day, in casual conversation I wondered what the weather would be like. I didnt even really want an answer. Cheeky fucker looks at his phone, tells me the forecast then holds out his hand for money. Told him "no chance", so he never spoke to me again.

Hotels literally employ beggars to sand outside their main doors. That's all it is. Begging like fucking peasants. Everywhere I went. Cunts holding their hand out for money.

Fuck going back there.
>>
20% for places I frequent often sometimes higher for my go to place.

10% for sub par service but nothing glaringly rude to me.

5% if you have made me wait a significant time or are disrespectful of my time or person.

A dollar or two if I am sitting at a bar top in a diner.

A hand full of pennies poured over the table if you seem to have forgtoten me entirely and I have been waiting for my check when finished for over an hour...

Nothing says fuck you like a hand full of pennies strewn over the table.

Ps. I am a cheap Jew
I still tip.

All the places I frequent I don't have to be carded and they remember my preferences because I am pleasant and in return they are pleasant

I have very rarely left no tip and when I have done so I should have demanded a my money back / not paid for the food ... but I did so anyway and by word of mouth have spread news of bad service and the slop served to me
>>
File: 1493909365801.jpg (617KB, 1280x981px) Image search: [Google]
1493909365801.jpg
617KB, 1280x981px
>>736405412
In france, people would refuse your tips. It's just feels awkward, for the tipper and the waiter.
Unless it's in Paris.
>>
>>736405412
I can't wait for automated waiterbots. I only tip a dollar every time.
>>
>>736408304
Nice try, faggot. Why not just come in, give you my wallet and then fuck off?
>>
>>736408674
finally a post that wasn't made by and whiney, entitled, little thirteen year old. Thanks for injecting some sense into this minefield of morons
>>
>>736410207
>entitled
Go back to tumblr and get a real job you lazy cunt.
>>
>>736405412
Found the poorfag
>>
>>736406877
Shops don't pay taxes on the items they sell, the customer pay the taxes.
>>
>>736411090

Technically yes, but that's autistic. Just put the price after tax on the damn price tag. I don't see why i should give a fuck about how much of that money goes to you and how much goes to uncle sam. Just tell me the actual final price.
>>
>>736406829
Same, its usually only a few bucks too. I dont do the 15% bullshit
>>
File: 1462943655857.png (176KB, 381x396px) Image search: [Google]
1462943655857.png
176KB, 381x396px
>>736410459
stay mad you creepy lowlife autist, good luck living polite society with that attitude
>>
>>736406452
> their livelihood

If this were actually what was happening, not tipping would be illegal. You're not "fucking with their livelihood" because the employer still has to make up the difference if they don't average the untipped minimum wage at the end of the pay period.
>>
Here we go again. Inb4 entitled waiters complain about how they only make $180/day tax free
>>
>>736406585
Exactly. You are entitled to minimum wage if you hold a job in the USA. If you're making above that for doing unskilled work that robots can *currently* do and still complaining, fuck off and get a real job you useless nigger.
>>
>>736409224
NYC is full of niggerfaggots, anon. Come to somewhere that isn't infested by libtards and homeless fucks.

Source: live in USA and have experienced similar treatment in NYC but literally nowhere else.
>>
>>736407008
its funny because this shit never actually happens. restaurants have an image to maintain so they stamped all this shit out
unless youre eating at some dive place, in which case, no fucks were ever given
keep stroking your ego though fam, we know youre full of shit and still working that pathetic job
>>
All you fucks talking about "if you dont tip they'll do something to your food". How the fuck would they know i dont tip till after ive eaten my food?
>>
File: 1465327329038.gif (474KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
1465327329038.gif
474KB, 220x165px
>>736408674
They cannot actually pay waiters less than minimum wage, stop falling for waiter lies. They're legally required to pay the difference if the waiter doesn't make minimum wage, but that never happens because they're overpaid entitled pieces of shit. Fucking waiters constantly lie about getting paid less than minimum because they're kikes.
>>
>>736406359
>fuck with someones food unless...
because you'd be able to tell? There are infinite things that can be done you won't see, won't taste, yet will make you want to die an hour or 2 later.
>>
>>736408674
>By not tipping, you're effectively ripping off the staff by not paying the full cost of the meal.
except US laws state if they dont make minimum via tips, the employer makes the rest up so theyre getting their wage no matter what. waiters almost always earn way over minimum because of this bullshit "mandatory" tipping nonsense

as a fellow britfag, i appreciate you trying to be civil but youre still fucking retarded
>>
I dont tip because I dont live in a shithole third world country where the minimum wage is so low that I myself after paying for a produce must pay more to offset the poverty.
>>
>>736409224
this >>736412344

NYC is a fucking dumpster
>>
>>736412608
As someone that lives in Manhattan, the city is nice, the people are grimy.
>>
>>736412580
Please, anon, pray tell - what nothingburger country do you live in?
>>
>>736405412
No, but that's because I live in Europe where waiters are paid a salary to do their job.
>>
>>736405412
you are doing the right thing. If more people would not tip restaurants would be forced to pay their staff more money
>>
>>736412679
>Constantly hear BEEEP BEEEEEEEP from angry drivers
> Takes 7x as long to drive anywhere
> Trains smell like piss and you have to deal with disgusting plebes
> $4k/mo for 800 sqft apartment
> Everything costs 50% more
> Libtard government taxing all sorts of shit
> "the city is nice"
>>
File: 1497739148539.gif (481KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
1497739148539.gif
481KB, 499x315px
I'm living in a country where people can't be paid that little money.
>>
Op is Mr Pink
>>
>>736412356
oh my naive friend you are so wrong. It's been decades since I worked kitchens but this shit happens in shithole dives and in 5 star restaurants. I've seen $70 plates hit the floor and be reconstructed and prettied up. You don't hold up an order for a table of 6 because 1 meal got FUBAR.
>>
Why do people keep making this same thread.

Not tipping when the server did a good job means you're a dick.

Can we please stop it with this unoriginal troll thread?
>>
>>736412735
> writing down what you said, giving order to cook, and bringing it out

> salaried job

my sides, bring on the fucking robots
>>
>>736412439
People remember. I'd hate to be your doppelganger, or you if you frequent any eatery.
>>
>>736412984
Why? Because they said so?

My UPS guy always brings my Amazon packages to my door and I've never had anything broken and I don't tip him - and if they implemented an electronic ordering system, he'd be playing the same role in my life as a waiter.
>>
>>736412460
Thank god someone isnt retarded. Everyone seems to forget that no one in America makes less than 7.25. OMG I ONLY GET 2.75 PLUS TIPS AND PEOPLE ARE ASSHOLES AND ONLY GIVE 1 DOLLAR! Bitch, no matter what your tip is you still get 7.25 so stop bitching. It pisses me off when people who earn tips nag about that shit. I want to physically hurt them because they are so stupid.
>>
ITT: A bunch of entitled fucks that have never worked in a restaurant
Sure, serving one table isn't hard at all, but juggling 6 or 7 while faggots like you whine about having to wait 15 mins for your food is. If you can't afford to tip go to McDonald's. Food is cheaper on the menu because tip is factored in. If we did it like Europe, restaurants would be 15-20% more expensive
-guy who served tables to get through college
Inb4 a bunch of autists reeee at me
>>
>>736413231
Oh no! How could I possibly handle writing down the orders of 7 people and then bringing them what they asked for?! The horror!

Yet another worthless shitdick in society. I can't wait until automation forces you to suck dick in a back alley to survive while you angrily blame your circumstances on capitalism between slurps because you had no appreciable skills in a competitive market.
>>
>>736413059
Doubt it. The only people we ever remember are the really nice ones, and the ones who are assholes because of their order, not because they didn't tip. No one remembers of john smith tiped his 5 bucks the last time he was here a month ago.
>>
Pulling that shit costs the restaurant money and gets the wait staff in trouble because its assumed they did something wrong because they didn't get tipped
Restaurants won't keep employing people if they cost the restaurant money
I agree its a shit system, but its the one we have so we have to play the game until the system changes
>>
>>736413386
I didn't say 7 people, I said 7 tables
Try reading before you shitpost
>>
File: Plebs.jpg (8KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
Plebs.jpg
8KB, 223x226px
Skinflint.
>>
>>736413231
LMAO TIP IS FACTORED IN AT MCDONALDS? STFU ANON YOU SPOILED ENTITLED LITTLE FUCK. WAITING TABLES ISNT SHIT YOU JUST WRITE DOWN ORDERS AND BRING THEM FOOD ON PLATES. MAYBE SOME REFILLS. ONLY TIP WHEN THE WORK IS EXEMPLARY
>>
>>736413231
You do those 6 or 7 tables in an hour or 2 and three of those 6 tables give you a 5 dollar tip. Already making better money than minimum wage.
>>
One of the things I do t understand about the tip and no tip argument is that it is always about servers at restaurants. What about other positions that has common place tipping? I tip because I can and feel like it is the right thing to do. I tip my barber, bellows, porters, bartenders, postal employee (On Christmas), construction workers, and a few others. If I feel like they don't deserve it then I dont and consider it more a gratuitous extra then a given but more often then not I tip and factor it into the cost. I don't like that it is expected almost as much as those who refuse to tip ever.
>>
File: OP here.jpg (10KB, 207x243px) Image search: [Google]
OP here.jpg
10KB, 207x243px
>>
>>736413674
>Construction isn't shit, you just slap up a house and sell it!
>Art isn't shit, you just wave a paintbrush around and boom, art
>Playing an instrument isn't shit, you just hold it and music comes out!
I'm not saying waiting tables an extremely difficult job, but it takes a lot more than you guys are giving it credit for
>>
>>736413944
I agree... Reminds me of that shit show undercover boss or whatever it is called. When a CEO has to step down and pretend to be a regular employee they realize the job is harder then it seems.
>>
File: 1461820229580.png (622KB, 510x512px) Image search: [Google]
1461820229580.png
622KB, 510x512px
>>736413231
>you're all entitled
>but I deserve $250 a night for carrying plates
>>
>>736413839
> I tip my postal employee
Confirmed retard. "THANKS FOR ALL THE JUNKMAIL, ETHEL. HERE'S A COUPON FOR A FREE APPETIZER AT CHILIS"
>>
>>736414062
Here's the difference - the CEO can still do it.

I doubt many fry cooks or busboys could do the same.
>>
>>736413810
Exactly
It encourages servers to flip tables faster, which improves service
Better, more efficient servers can serve more tables and accumulate more tips
It rewards being good at your job
If servers were paid an hourly wage like most niggers ITT want, the average quality of service would decline because what's the point of shining at your job if you aren't making more money than the slowest person on staff?
>>
File: 2rUcyJV.png (84KB, 211x251px) Image search: [Google]
2rUcyJV.png
84KB, 211x251px
>>736413839
>tipping construction workers
>>
File: 1496288053721.gif (3KB, 397x340px) Image search: [Google]
1496288053721.gif
3KB, 397x340px
>>736405412
>>
File: Greed 3.jpg (28KB, 473x473px) Image search: [Google]
Greed 3.jpg
28KB, 473x473px
Greedy people do live longer.
>>
I will only ever tip if there is a jar
Jars get split between everyone in the establishment, the system is a lot fairer.
The thought of some cute girl with tits, or a guy faking his smile to make money, getting more than the cook has slaved to make my food on time to perfection is pure idiocy. They are getting atleast some of the money from the jar that way
>>
I hate all countries where is needed to tip, you retardet Yankee FUCKS!
>>
>>736414209
>>736413880
>>736413642
Samefag
>>
File: 1463579557872s.jpg (3KB, 125x82px) Image search: [Google]
1463579557872s.jpg
3KB, 125x82px
>>736414235
> retardet
>>
>>736414102
I don't know about you but I send and receive a lot of packages as well as documents through the USPS.

>>736414173
Not the contractor or subs for the most part unless it is a holiday.
>>
In italy we tip only if we want, it's not someting they expect, so all this is strange for me.
>>
File: Donald-Trump-Smug-Smile.jpg (46KB, 618x340px) Image search: [Google]
Donald-Trump-Smug-Smile.jpg
46KB, 618x340px
>>736414284
>>
In australia there is no such thing as tips unless your a stripper .
>>
>>736407008
Well that sure convinced me that you deserve extra money.
>>
>>
>>736414347
If I got 70 packages a day via USPS, I *still* wouldn't tip. It's a fucking federal employee being paid to put something addressed to me in a box with my name you stupid taint, why the fuck would I pay more for that service?
>>
>>736413944
>Construction isn't shit, you just slap up a house and sell it!
Building a house is actually difficult and takes physical effort unlike waiting tables.
>Art isn't shit, you just wave a paintbrush around and boom, art
Literally true for some art but other art can actually take a load of effort, unlike waiting tables
>Playing an instrument isn't shit, you just hold it and music comes out!
Objectively false but nobody expects to be paid for playing a fucking clarinet Literal homeless beggars will sometimes do that for loose change and it's still probably harder than waiting fucking tables
>>
>>736414564
Yes, clearly, greedy geriatrics are the primary audience of 4chan, you stupid nigger.
>>
>>736414165
Except you are wrong. Them making minimum wage wouldn't remove tipping entirely. It would remove the speculation that servers live on tips, and enforce the notion that "im tipping because they deserve it not cause i have too". Look at other countries that have posted and in general.
>>
>>736414350
>>736414411
In 'murka food at restaurants is relatively cheaper because the restaurant pays servers below minimum wage, saving them some costs, which allows the food to be cheaper
The cost of dinner + tip is equivalent to a dinner without tip in any other country
This thread is just full of jews who like to effectively steal from restaurants and make them even less profitable
>>
>>736413231

If you did it like in europe, restaurants would be exactly as expensive, counting the tips. It would just remove the annoyance (for the customer) of having to worry about being fair with the tip. And looking like a big tipper to get the server to serve you first. And having to do math, it's not hard but most people are really retarded in math.
>>
File: 1373710664979.png (33KB, 218x210px) Image search: [Google]
1373710664979.png
33KB, 218x210px
>>736414658
OY VEY you're STEALING FROM ME by not participating in my tipping scam! Give me my shekels you greedy go- guy!
>>
>>736414165

Try a restaurant in europe. Service is great and there's no tipping. It's a thing called "not being a shit human being and trying to actually do your job decently cause it's your fucking job"
>>
File: Save your tip money.jpg (5KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
Save your tip money.jpg
5KB, 264x191px
>>
fuck waiters. they are the most entitled motherfuckers in the industry. went out eating with my girl and every SINGLE mother fuckin time these waiters will throw a bitch fit about another customer leaving a small tip when they leave. seriously this is a nazi line of work where they expect 20% or greater tip. Its pretty amazing how they will say it out loud for ppl to hear about the previous customer's tip right in front of other. Obviously, these little bitches should be reported for tax fraud with the amount of take home cash they make. well fuck you too bitch. i make a lot of money but i aint gonna tip someone that is suppose to bring me my fucking food that i ordered and will pay for. shit. why arent lawyers, doctors or police getting tip either? they have to deal with shitty ppl too. now what? the tipping industry wants me to start tippin the barber, pool boy, and lawn maintenance ppl?
>>
File: 1481666682756.jpg (135KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1481666682756.jpg
135KB, 720x720px
>>736414231
spot on with tits and ass.
this is how we now have instagram attention whores getting middle class money for doing nothing other than posting pictures of themselves in tight pants.... same pants your random waitress wears if she has a cute ass. That's where it all started.
>>
>>736414681
That's fine by me. Id rather pay a few extra bucks on food then try to figure out a tip if they deserve it after paying for my food.
>>
>>736414681
I agree, the Euro system is better, but it is what it is in America and I'm not going to screw over my server because I've been in their shoes and it sucks
>>
This is why I never eat at restaurants. I only eat at those buffets where you pick your own food and make your own plate.
>>
>>736414603
I <3 you
>>
>>736414947

That's my dining experience every fucking time. No tips cause wage is decent for the person bringing me food. If i went to the US, i would tip. It would feel weird, but it's probably wouldn't even be the biggest cultural difference i would notice. Also i would probably be there as a tourist so everything would be unusual anyways.

>>736415059

Of course, when in Rome do as the Romans do. But i can tell you your system seems weird and annoying to me.
>>
>>736414570
You don't have to I just said I do. Was just wondering what others thought about positions that were tipped or given gratuity. I pay for the postal service in taxes as well as directly through service. Then once a year to show my gratitude I give a bit extra directly to my postal people. I feel good about it and I get extra attention. No point in getting all aggressive about it.
>>
>>736414603
I'm not calling those jobs easy, just pointing out how easy it is to make anything sound trivial
Serving is a lot more than writing down orders and bringing food.
>>
>>736414658
> which allows the food to be cheaper

I am nearly 100% sure that if we got rid of tipping, the bill at most establishments would be much cheaper.

Let's say there's a $8 difference between the current tipped minimum wage and what restaurants would pay servers without it, and that an average table's bill is $20 an hour (a conservative estimate), and that a server is expected to wait 7 tables per hour. Right now, for each of those tables to give a 15% tip comes out to $21 an hour, or $3 a table.

If establishments simply added that cost to the bill instead of expecting tips, it would be $1.15 per table per hour, a substantial savings percentage-wise on the current tipped system.
>>
Service industry begging is all it is.
>>
>>736415407
Then please enlighten everyone about how much skill that being a waiter takes instead of giving examples about musicians, artists, and construction workers.
>>
i don't tip either. why should someone get extra payed for the work they're paid for
>>
>>736415438
This. The amount in tips earned by the waiter is much MUCH higher than what the employer would be paying them without tips. Costs would actually go down overall without tipping.
>>
what i never understood is why its a percentage

lets compare Dennys to a steakhouse

dennys
server takes my order
server brings my order
server brings bill
I pay bill

Steakhouse
server takes my order
server brings my order
server brings bill
I pay bill

the dennys bill is $15
the steakhouse is $60

they both did the same job
why does denny get a 3 dollar tip and the steakhouse get 12?
>>
Problem is Americans expect to be tipped for opening a door!
I'm from England, if the foods good, service is good, I'll tip. But even then sometimes I don't, it's our choice at the end of the day.
>>
>>736405412
Work is not a voluntary thing you know. People get born into a system and need to deal with it, whether it fucks them over or not. Now that doesnt mean that it should be on you to save to world by tipping, but you could at least acknowledge what the real situation is for people. Thats kind of what what basic human decency would say.
>>
File: 1488058332254.jpg (65KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488058332254.jpg
65KB, 600x600px
In the US if you're a US citizen then you will make at least the federal minimum wage. The employer has to make up the difference so you make minimum wage. If they don't talk to a lawyer because it would be the easiest case they would ever take.
>>
>>736415894
Wow, I must've missed the part where any employer I've ever had forced me into servitude.

Work is absolutely a voluntary thing.
>>
>>736405412
ITT a bunch of NEETs sperg out about honest workers just trying to make a living
>>
>>736415964
I don't see why this is so hard for people to understand. Nobody is making $2 an hour you stupid niggers. It's federal law.
>>
>>736416056
>Implying bringing plates to a table and writing down things is vastly superior to a NEET
>>
>>736415608
At the restaurant I worked at, servers had to:
Prepare all appetizers for their tables
Prepare all desserts for their tables
Manage refills for up to 40 people at a time, while remembering their drink order
Deal with slow cooks while impatient customers yell at you, even though it isn't your fault their food isn't up yet
Check every single order to make sure it was prepared correctly, and fix it if it wasn't
Keep glasses/ice/etc stocked in the wait station
All on top of keeping anywhere from 10-40 people happy with service
Again, this might not sound hard, but doing it all day and with a bunch of other servers clogging up choke points/food stations, it can get very hectic, and even getting 2 minutes behind really stacks up
What's your job, anon?
>>
File: 886.png (184KB, 501x590px) Image search: [Google]
886.png
184KB, 501x590px
>>736415894
>Work is not a voluntary thing you know
pic related it's you

>>736416056
ITT waiter internet defense force
>>
>>736415986
>Work is absolutely a voluntary thing.

Said someone who has never had to work to eat. I guess it all looks pretty rosy when you're still living on Mommy's dime and only have to worry about having enough Good Boy Points to get your tendies.
>>
>>736405822
Tipping jobs make less than min wage
An hour due to tips being assumed.
>>
>>736415986
>I don't HAVE to work, I could just be homeless in extreme poverty and die of disease because I have no insurance and no money to afford a doctor
You fucking retard
>>
>>736415788
This!
When it comes to places like that i give the waiter the same amount, but i make sure to tip the cook too. They fucking love that shit. Cant even begin to tell you how many times cooks have came out and thanked me, or owners or anyone higher up. Most of the time you get free stuff too. Next time you take a girl out anon, tip the cook and watch what happens. Shits magical.
>>
>>736416208
>less than minimum wage

>>736415964
>>736416077
>>
>>736415788
Because some restaurants already struggle to make profit as it is, and if they need to further dip into their funds to pay the server properly, they'd rather fire the server and get someone who pulls more tips
They aren't able to pull that money from thin air, it has to come from somewhere
>>
>>736416169
Naw I'm just a cook, I get don't even get tips, but I do see how hard front of house has to work every night and they absolutely deserve to get paid a decent wage

Unlike the spergs up in here whining about having to spend a few more NEETbux on their burgers and shakes, I know the value of a day's labour and can tell you that waitstaff fucking EARN that shit
>>
>>736416374
Meant to quote >>736416077
>>
>>736416208
Read the thread you inbred mongoloid, that has been explained like five times
>>
WE ALREADY DID THIS THREAD.

/b/ is turning into some rerun tv station. fuck.
>>
>>736416167
> this might not sound hard

Because it's not. After reading that, I'd be seriously concerned about being replaced by automation in the near future.
>>
File: tips_fedora_neckbeard.jpg (40KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
tips_fedora_neckbeard.jpg
40KB, 479x720px
>>736416056
Pic related is the only tipping I do that those wagecucks deserve!

No, but seriously, when I tip, 15% is the default amount that I'll add to or deduct from based on the server's attitude and ability alone.

Also, I pay with card but I tip cash. Tips with cards get taxed so at least if I tip say $5 I know they're getting $5 and not a cent less.
>>
>>736416167

waaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>736416561
Tell me what you do for a living then
And making fat cells in your mom's basement doesn't count
>>
File: 1452550876120.jpg (500KB, 728x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452550876120.jpg
500KB, 728x640px
>>736416522
>turning into
First week on 4ch, m800?
>>
>>736416578
I'd tip at least 25% if I was served by a classy gentlemen like pic related.
>>
>>736405412
Do what you want, but I'd advise you to never go back.
>>
>>736416208
Jesus fuck, you are retarded.

By FEDERAL LAW, you cannot average less than the non-tipped federal minimum wage per pay period, even at a tipped rate. Nobody is averaging $2 an hour or whatever the tipped rate is.
>>
>>736412460
I was totally unaware of this. I, honestly, thought it was the 2 dollar+ wage. Thank you for clearing this up. I will never tip again.
https://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/002.htm
>>
>>736416522
You should start an original thread to post on, maybe something like a .....

Trap thread
FB thread
YLYL thread
Porn thread
Dick rate thread

I've never seen those before.
>>
>>736405412
I try to always tip even when I am not satisfied. usually i leave a buck or two tops. been a server and know how disrespectful it is when people dont recognize your activity or worse
>>
>>736406282
the fucking waiters are getting paid for serving food to the customer, custumers are not obligated to give them tips.
>>
File: 1494747106690.jpg (18KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
1494747106690.jpg
18KB, 451x451px
I'll tip because, fuck it, you did a good job, you earned some cash, you did a shit job, you've earned fuck all, only makes sense.

But I swear to Christ, based on the people I know who have worked in the food industry, waiters/waitresses are the bitchiest, whining, entitled cry babies I know.
>THEY ASKED FOR A DRINK WITH NO ICE WAAAAAHHHH
>I HAD TO WAIT ON A TABLE WITH 12 PEOPLE WAAAAHHHH
>THEY ASKED IF THEY COULD SUBSTITUTE AN ITEM WITH SOMETHING ELSE WAAAAHHHH
Like, dude, if I bitched and moaned about every little thing that irks me about my job I'd have enough material to fill a book based on this week alone and it's only Tuesday.
>>
>>736416858
Again, the restaurant is legally required to pay, but the restaurant itself gets less money due to the US tip system, and if they nees to pay out of pocket to catch a tipless server up, they won't be happy and would probably rather fire the server
I don't understand why paying 8 + 2 dollars for a meal is worse than paying 10 dollars for a meal
>>
>>736405412
You must be australian
>>
File: 03.jpg (42KB, 634x633px) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
42KB, 634x633px
>>736416891
don't forget WWYD threads... my favorite... nothing like hearing what other lowlifes would do to a girl you have a crush on.

speaking of which, WWYD?
>>
File: Morganknows.jpg (113KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Morganknows.jpg
113KB, 400x400px
>>736413084
>>
File: 1391381323509.gif (362KB, 368x276px) Image search: [Google]
1391381323509.gif
362KB, 368x276px
>>736417139
Take her to a nice dinner and not tip.
>>
>>736413231
I used to work in a restaurant. But when I did I was a dishwasher and got paid the same without tips
>>
>>736406585
>>736412192
This.

It's not the tipping, it's the entitlement waiters have in Europe. Everything is already included in the prizes and even unskilled waiters are paid 12 or 15 bucks an hour. I have several friends, who walk home with minimal 100 Euros a day in tips and get pissed, when they don't get any from some 16yo cashier, who works for half. It's a shitshow.
>>
>>736416167

That sounds hectic.
It doesn't sound hard.
It might be stressful, especially on a busy night, but the actual tasks themselves are piss.
>>
>>736405412

Wait, wtf? Why the did would be 4 for for 20 dollar? Isn't it 10% of the value, so it would be less than 3? Wtf
>>
>>736417533
Never claimed it was a hard job, but it is very physically demanding/high energy, and very repetitive and mind dulling
The restaurant I worked in was huge, and I would walk on average 14 miles/day in a 6 hour shift
I got a lot better at time management and body coordination because of it, and I can hold a lot more stuff in one hand now too.
Its a job I think everyone should do for at least 6 months, it combines a lot of skills that are useful in better jobs and just life in general, and it probably made me a better person
>>
>>736418144
> it probably made me a better person

If "delusional" is better, then yes, it made you better.
>>
Ausfag waiter here, working my way through uni. It's not typical for Australians to tip, though I earn around 40-50 a shift in tips, which is nice because the pay rate is kind of awful.
No one task we do is particularly difficult, but they stack up very quickly and are repetitive and mind-numbing. I can't say we deserve tips for the work we do, but it is nice when it happens. It means our budgets will be less tight that week.

What I DO think we deserve tips for is smiling through the ludicrous abuse and idiocy that some of the shittier customers put you through. It's emotionally exhausting dealing with the bullshit you autists spout at us and refraining from smashing your teeth into the back of your throats. If you're so tight fucking fisted you won't tip even someone that has gone above and beyond their required work-load to help make your dining experience a great one; good news. Manners are free, you fucking cunts. I'd prefer a pleasant customer to a tipping one any day.
>>
>>736418755
Not op, but it does make better if slightly. Dealing with people are are rude as fuck and not loosing yourself is the main takeaway id say.
>>
>>736418144

But your entire response earlier was defending how much skill it takes to be a waiter.
In other words, you're trying to say it's a hard job that not everyone can do.
I'm saying it's a stressful job, but not a hard (or skilled) one.
I drive trains for a living. I sit on my ass all day, and my role is very mentally demanding, very repetitive and draining. Much like yours.
Only mine takes 18 months intense training to become qualified and trusted to work by myself.
You couldn't just jump in the cab of a train and drive it safely without killing hundreds of people.
I'm pretty sure I could wait on 40 people.
That's the difference between a hard and a stressful job.
>>
>>736418939
>What I DO think we deserve tips for is smiling through the ludicrous abuse and idiocy that some of the shittier customers put you through

Then everyone deserves tips anon.

> No one task we do is particularly difficult, but they stack up very quickly and are repetitive and mind-numbing.

You mean just like every non-tipped job out there ever?
>>
>>736419383
playing eurotrain simulator doesn't mean you work as a train driver you fucking NEET
>>
>>736419528

He makes a fair point at the end though

>"I'd prefer a pleasant customer to a tipping one any day"
>>
>>736419643
Well, sure - I'd prefer a customer who wasn't a retarded twat over one who was any day, but the reality is that people in general are shitty regardless of the industry.
>>
>>736405412
I tip because I believe that waiter/waitress was good at what they did and believe they should be rewarded since they don't get paid that much in the first place. It's more of a courtesy thing but it's still optional.
>>
>>736419383
I never claimed that any individual task takes skill, they are all literally things trained animals could do
The skill is in doing it efficiently and not showing the customers that you're under a time crunch
Its like spinning plates. One isn't hard but keeping multiple going while being cool on the outside does take some finesse
>>
>>736419605

Lolol keep typing from you mom's basement, oh based anon.

I'll keep working my $60k salary, 4 day week "eurotrain simulator" job
>>
>>736419528
>Then everyone deserves tips anon
correct. unless of course you think that people are capable of being civil to each other for the hell of it, which like I said, would be preferable. I've worked plenty of customer service jobs, trust me, waiters cop it much more frequently than other professions.
>>
>>736405412
Guaranteed replies.
>>
>>736420001
Was it the 180 replies that clued you into this?
>>
>>736419383
People saying servers could be replaced by computers
Meanwhile this guy is actually sitting on his ass pushing buttons and acting smug like his job couldn't be automated even easier than serving
>>
>>736407366
>>736407371
>>736407381
>>736407487
>>736412356
>>736414551
Funny how many jimmies can be rustled when people call each other out on their own bullshit. "I got what was coming to me for being a scrooge! REEEEEEE"
>>
>>736405412
These threads are stupid, the argument is stupid. If you don't want to tip, buy your food and get the fuck out. You sit down for SERVICE, you sit down you tip.
>>
File: 60k4dayweekreeeee.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
60k4dayweekreeeee.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>736419854
60k wooooo thats amazing anon, im vewy vewy impwessed with your totally real job that you have
>>
>>736420078
Not train-anon, but the difference is that serving is basically shit-tier work and trains are hundreds of tons of potential death. Even if they're both equally easy to automate, it will take years more to automate trains.
>>
>>736420078
Oh no, you're absolutely right.
Pretty much everything in modern society is slowly becoming automated. Am I worried I'll be superseded by technology? Sure, but you probably should be too.
>>
>>736405412

Pussy
>>
>>736420403
Yup, that's why I'm currently going to school for biology
Machines may be able to hammer out simple tasks right now but it'll be at least a few more years before they can beat us at ingenuity or compassion
>>
>>736420272
...or we could just switch them to regular minimum wage and consumers save. Thanks for your contribution, Fagnuts McGee.
>>
>>736420241
>samefag scrooge pics
>threaten to spit in food
>get triggered when people call a nigger a nigger
>haha you mad?

Waiters are the weakest race on earth
>>
>>736416208
>make less than minimum wage

the biggest lie perpetuated by servers
>>
File: 1355789066990.jpg (63KB, 445x770px) Image search: [Google]
1355789066990.jpg
63KB, 445x770px
>>736420588
Modern waiters are what happens when the weak are protected from dying as infants thanks to vaccinations.
>>
File: Cerealguy angry.png (68KB, 526x472px) Image search: [Google]
Cerealguy angry.png
68KB, 526x472px
I DO tip, but there's a lot about the entire process that pisses me off.

First off the amount you're expected to tip keeps fucking creeping up. I remember when you were expected to tip 10%. Then it inexplicably became 15%, and now there's assclowns trying to say it should be 20% or even more.

Second, even the entire idea of tipping a percentage is fucking retarded. The cost of the meal does not necessarily have anything to do with how easy or difficult it was to serve it. I mean stop and think about it: if I order a $30 bottle of wine, I'm expected to tip $4.5 for it. But if I order a $100 bottle, I'm expect to tip over 10 bucks more... despite the fact the server did nothing different nor worked one iota harder.

Lastly, you're expected to pay the same fucking percentage COMPLETELY REGARDLESS of what the waiter actually gets paid. Yeah, there are places where tipped employees get paid $2.37 an hour (although as it's been pointed out, their wages and tips legally must equal the full minimum wage or the employer must pay the difference) but that's not true everywhere. I live in California. Not only do we have the highest state minimum wage in the country, but (and lots of people don't know this) CA employers are required to pay the FULL MINIMUM WAGE to literally everyone, even if they're tipped. So why in the FUCK should I be paying the exact same percentage to someone being paid TEN FUCKING DOLLARS AN HOUR that I pay to someone making $2.37? Shouldn't this shit be scaled? As someone who's worked a shitty minimum wage job or two that got zero tips, hearing a waiter here complain their tips weren't that great does give me the urge to tell them to cry me a fucking river.
>>
>>736420588
>smug anime posters are the weakest race on earth
ftfy
>>
>>736420775
This fucking guy right here knows what's up.

> I live in California. Not only do we have the highest state minimum wage in the country, but (and lots of people don't know this) CA employers are required to pay the FULL MINIMUM WAGE to literally everyone

Had no idea, and will definitely not be tipping when I visit CA. Thanks anon.
>>
>>736405412
Your a piece of shit If you don't tip.
>>
>>736421120
You are a retard if you do.
>>
File: Gift.jpg (100KB, 710x757px) Image search: [Google]
Gift.jpg
100KB, 710x757px
I always tip in cash, because then the waiter can claim what they want on their taxes.

Fuck the IRS.
>>
>>736405412
Only a total dick doesn't tip. I hope you get shot dead soon.
>>
>>736405412
Only poor people worry about tips.
It's true, people that have money don't even care about leaving a nice tip for a nice service.
No I'm not hating on anyone it's just a fact.
>>
>>736421249
the real MVP is right here
>>
>>736421249
Nice job
I do the same but without the notes lol
>>
File: 1463652038560.jpg (87KB, 320x370px) Image search: [Google]
1463652038560.jpg
87KB, 320x370px
>>736421260
You are one unhinged nigger.
>>
>>736421249
> pay in cash
> claim a 30% tip
> "not paying tips is theft"
> don't actually pay tip
> waiter has to pay extra tax
>>
>>736406829
That's how it should be. Waiters should get paid the same wages as any other low skill job, and tips should be for exceptional service, not expected.
>>
File: Cereal Guy in HD.png (98KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cereal Guy in HD.png
98KB, 900x900px
>>736421352
I don't really do the note either, however it's becoming somewhat popular. There's even sites selling printed cards that say that it's not a tip but a gift. It's a libertarian thing.
>>
>>736407320
With tips waiters make way more than anyone in the kitchen.
>>
>>736421249
Fuck the IRS who pays you your welfare by taxing peoples wages. Fuck the system that builds roads for you to drive on, and helps pay your medical dental and retirement.

You're a moron.
>>
>>736421508
Which is fine, but enjoy your more expensive meals.
>>
>>736421488
Not my picture btw. It's just one that's been making the rounds on the interwebs. But what, you're assuming they took the pic and then didn't leave the money? Well sure if they did that they're an asshole, but there's nothing to suggest they actually did that. Writing "Taxation is theft" would be pretty meaningless if they actually tipped nothing.
>>
>>736421249
National defense can wait. I don't like tax. Let let another dictator take over.

I'm sure life will be much better under a different system, one that includes laws for thought crime and removes your free hate speech.
>>
>>736405412
Hello Mr pink
>>
>>736416208

I've worked eight server jobs, in three dif states. All of which paid me minimum wage. if you live in a cuck state that pays you below average, then don't take the job.
>>
>>736407320
>Bullshit. A cook making less than a waiter?
Oh no that's absolutely NOT bullshit. In restaurants the issue of only servers getting tips is a HUGE point of contention between the front and back of the house.
>>
>>736405412
I generally only tip because the places I go to don't actually pay waiters/waitresses. I found out that it's a town ordinance from fucking 80 years ago that any table service employee for a restaurant (waiter, waitress, etc) in the city limits can't be paid wages by the restaurant. I don't even know why. All it does nowadays is causes really bad service problems. You go into a restaurant here and you get either no service due to short staffing or turnover rates for waiter/waitresses inside of two weeks. It is hilarious, though, watching someone not tip (I usually tip generously because I make enough money to not care) then come back a week later and get no service, period.
>>
>>736421249
No need to tax if the government owns the means of production and the land. You can all have your equal rights and be equal (poor)
>>
>>736405412
i work as a waiter/bartender in the US and the only people who i ever have NOT tip me are black people

of course there are plenty of people who may not tip 20% but it doesnt bother me because...

...i work 30ish hours, 4 day work week
get $0 on my paycheck every 2 weeks
and still make 800-1000 every week kek

i fucking love these 'HURR WAITERS dONT DESErvE MY TIpS' because guess what wagecuck......
>>
File: Lol Batman.jpg (82KB, 486x409px) Image search: [Google]
Lol Batman.jpg
82KB, 486x409px
>>736421647
>>736421807
>>736422024
Funny thing is it's not my picture, and I haven't ever actually left such a note. I just write "cash" in the tip area.

But I have to say, I find it abso-fucking-lutely hilarious how people utterly FLIP THEIR SHIT at the sight of the phrase "Taxation is theft".
>>
Tipping culture in the US is out of hand. Waiters literally just carry shit to you and refill your drinks, and expect 20‰ of your meal price. They should expect a few dollars depending on how nice the place is, it's not like they worked harder carrying an expensive steak than a cheap salad.

And now everyone expects tips. Put some ice cream in a cone? Tip please. Poured some coffee in a cup and handed it to you? Tip please. Opened a door? Tip please.
>>
File: question-mark.jpg (16KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
question-mark.jpg
16KB, 540x540px
>>736422001
>I found out that it's a town ordinance from fucking 80 years ago that any table service employee for a restaurant (waiter, waitress, etc) in the city limits can't be paid wages by the restaurant.
How has this not been challenged as a gross violation of practically every state and federal labor law in existence?
>>
>>736421756
Nice passive aggressive bullshit. Why would I care when it's the same amount of money coming out of my pocket either way? You waiter fucks would hate it because if you're half decent at your job you make shitloads of money in cash every night, getting paid far more than you're worth, much more than you would be if you got paid the same as the guys actually making the food.
>>
>>736422100
>i work as a waiter/bartender in the US and the only people who i ever have NOT tip me are black people

Apparently this is a very real and widespread issue. Studies have shown the blacks really are shitty tippers in general. Although part of the problem is it's a self fulfilling prophecy. Some servers will assume they're going to get stiffed on the tip, and hence don't give blacks great service and so they of course don't get a great tip.

The other part of the problem is they're niggers.
>>
>>736421946
Throwing the word "cuck" around is pretty bold considering you've just admitted you worked eight jobs that paid you minimum wage.
>>
>>736422001
You are either lying or retarded.

> This bullshit town ordinance somehow supersedes federal law and no employment lawyers are interested in making the news.
>>
>>736422820
Apparently blacks, Mexicans, and Russians are the worst tippers from what I've heard.
>>
>>736421756
>more expensive

Read: >>736415438

Your logical fallacy is that you incorrectly assume restaurants will pay you what you currently grift in tips. Consumers would save if waiters were paid a non-tipped minimum wage.
>>
>>736422519

Nope. The ordinance is so old that it's only just now coming into the spotlight. People in that town are fucking ignorant, believe me. It's not a bad place to live I'm told, it's just... Fuck me, they make some cockeyed decisions sometimes. Like, get this. If you go on city water, they charge you for it. Normal fare. If you go on well water, they hike your property tax to higher than just getting a city hookup, If you build a retail store instead of buying an existing one, you can build it on residential zoning without notifying the other people in the residential area. I don't actually live there myself, I just work there and live in the neighboring town. I don't think I could stand it. The city council is fucking nuts.
>>
>>736407371

Not true, don't forget the cooks are tipped out at the end of the night.
>>
>>736422385
shit not flipped. I typed it out without flipping any shit at all. All we have is our words, so I can try and write something sensible at the person who is trying to plant ideas that are not defensible.

The wait staff that pays taxes might pay too much, in which case they get a refund. They may not pay enough, in which case they get a bill at the end of the year.

If they deposit too much money into banks that are monitored by the IRS, they open themselves up for audit. Cheating at taxes is just stupid and self punishing.

I don't support a lot of things our tax money goes to, but no one has escaped the IRS if they decide to go after you.

If you don't like the way the tax system goes and what it pays for then contact your legislator or vote in new ones. Don't be a whiny dick who thinks he's getting away with something cool.
>>
>>736423122

Also, I'm pretty sure that no one capable of doing anything about it actually knows and the people that live there think it's common
>>
>>736423181
Most restaurants don't do that.
>>
>>736412984
If you don't want to see the same threads over and over again 4chan is not the place to go my friend
>>
>>736423223
Most waiters buy lots of shit with cash, it never touches a bank.
>>
>>736412984
Sure, tips should be for excellent service. But do you still tip for average service? Or shitty service?
>>
>>736405412
I am a server at 2 different 4.5 star restaurants, and I am also a student. I chose to serve over doing automotive and mechanical repair. I have all of the skills to repair any problem on any vehicle, yet I work as a server. Why? because they can accommodate my schedule while being a student, and I actually get paid more. But one thing I can tell you is, being a server is much harder, more laborious, and much more stressful than fixing vehicles. This is because you are constantly serving people with millions of different requests, and you have 0 time to stop and think. A car is straight forward, although you have to go learn how to fix it, it never changes. For serving, it is never the same, the entire restaurant isnt going to come in and order the same thing one after the other and leave. If this were the case (i.e. mcdonalds) then I would not expect a tip from anyone. The thing is, im not only arguing that the job is much more difficult than it seems (it may be easy for diners or cafes), but I am also arguing that not tipping messes with the entire facility as a whole. ervers are paid ~$5/hour if youre lucky. The tips from customers make up the rest of their pay. The servers do not leave with all of the money they make, I take a percentageof my tips and some goes to the kitchen, some goes to the busser, and some go to the hostess. On busy nights I tip out other waiter or workers for helping me do my job because I simply do not have enough time to take out some people's food or drinks. This is because we are required to prepare all drinks, all appetizers, soups, and desserts, as well as restock dishware and other items, roll silverware, clean the facility, blah blah. Basically doing multiple jobs at once. But the reason WE are tipped is because we are the face of the restaurant. As a customer, you see the food, atmosphere, and the server. The server has a job to be sure you get everything you want and your experience at the restaurant is more than.(1)
>>
>>736423425
>Most waiters buy lots of shit with cash

Why do so many people think they can speak for other with a broad sweeping brush?

Why act like you know something you cannot possibly know?
>>
>>736408674

US the government taxes the wait staff for tips at a percentage of the gross of the business. So, after tipping out the bartender, the cook and the bussers/expos they can actually end up with a negative number.

The idea that the owner pay a set wage also sets up and encourages shitty servers as they will still get a set amount regardless if they are diligent workers or not.
>>
>>736413231
As if you have to serve 6 or 7 tables at the same fucking time. You still do one after the other.

Though, I admit if some waiter carried out 6 tables worth of food I would definitely tip.
>>
>>736423425
If a waiter, who is successful wants to borrow money, he or she has to show the bank with statements how much he or she owns.

What good would it be for someone to try and hide their income?

Explanations for this behavior are impossible.
>>
>>736405412
Only the poor don't tip faggot.
>>
>>736413084

UPS drivers are union and paid a living wage, servers don't get a set wage. But this is why it costs so much to ship a package also
>>
>>736423617
>>736423425
to borrow money for a car, or borrow money for a house, the waiter has to show how much money he or she makes, so that he or she doesn't pay too much in interest.

There just isn't any good reason to hide income.
>>
>>736405412
>Why?
Because I'm not a selfish, short-sighted cunt only interested in his own affairs.

They do only get paid $3, BELOW minimum wage. You don't care? Don't fucking waste their time by taking up the table of someone who DOES fucking care. Tell them in advance that you're going to be a piece of shit, so they don't waste their fucking time smiling at you hoping they'll make enough to get fed that night. You selfish cunt.
>>
>>736423617
Success kind of suggests not having to borrow from a bank.

The correct answer is not having to pay tax.
When you get your first job you'll know this anon.
>>
>>736423513
(2) expected. If you do not tip because of bad service, that is understandable, but also know that the majority of places utilize the server's tips to help pay for the rest of the workers in the restaurant. If nothing is good about the place, then sure, not tipping makes sense. But if you go out everynight to a restaurant and order food, think twice about how the system works, because, as previously mentioned by many other people, tips are expected by the entire establishment to help pay for everyone's wage, and if that isn't met, the payment will come directly from the establishment, and money loss occurs. Soon food prices will spike, or service will just become extremely shitty. Luckily there are more people that respect the server's job and pay them atleast %10, so as for now, non fast-food restaurants are still running.
>>
>>736413192

you are an ignorant nigger faggot. The server HAS to tip out the other support staff like the busboy/expo, the cooks, the bartender. Also, they are taxed at the gross of the business and can end up with a negative balance at the end of the night.
>>
>>736423635
Excellent waiters don't need union. Also, UPS is shit
>>
>>736423223
You're missing the entire point. If I tip on a card, the exact amount of the tip will be reported and taxed. If I pay with cash, there is no record of what I tipped. Hence the server can choose to report that income or not. The IRS expects a certain amount from tipped employees, so any server who isn't a total retard will report enough to keep the IRS happy. But it can still be less than what they actually make and the IRS will never know the difference. Most bartenders and servers I know pay for most everything in cash, so most of it never ends up in the bank.
>>
>>736423635
It's not that expensive to ship stuff.
>>
>>736423770
In fantasy land, back of house participates in a waiters tips. In fairy tales with magic pixie dust and fucking unicorns.
>>
>>736423635
> ervers don't get a set wage

So set that wage to the non-tipped minimum wage. Consumers spend less, and servers don't have to bitch about tips any more - but we know that won't actually happen, because waiters make more than their skills are worth in the current system.
>>
>>736405412
>>736405822
>>736406585
>>736406621
>>736406829
>>736406980
>>736407381
>>736407366
hahahahahah look everyone! poorfags! lmao i tip because i make bank as a software developer and i'm not some broke-ass kid or manchild working at walmart. you fucked ur life on video games and weed instead of being good at school and developing a good career, now you are taking it out on fucking waiters? lol

>>736408014
good lord you are just a dum fuk
>>
>>736423728
You've basically shown everyone why you shouldn't tip waiters. Working in the service industry requires a minimum level of customer service. If you're only smiling at me to get a tip you can fuck off and call someone else to wait my table. If they do a good enough job I will tip them.
>>
>>736423740
so, what you're saying is you're so intelligent that you stuff all your money in a mattress or put it in a safe, and think that you can shell out all the money in cash and the IRS won't ask questions?

I'm retired from two career fields. When you get as old as I am, then you may be able to speak intelligently about such things.
>>
>>736414235

you sound like a chink
>>
If you go to a place a lot you should tip and tip big. You will get better service and special things. If you dont plan on coming back , dont tip... doesnt matter.
>>
>>736405412
I tip. Normally I'll got for the 15% because I feel as thought it's decency to do so, unless they are horrible servers.

But I'll go to 20% if they were exceptional. There are some that don't work hard, but there are others that make it all seamlessly fall into place. Like the kind that sees your empty glass and refills it without you even making the motion to. Or the kind that just walks around and keeps an eye out for anything at your table that he/she can service.
>>
>>736405412
Everyone knows that tips are shiat and they all go towards terrorism and local faggotry
>>
>>736423824
>You're missing the entire point.

The point, you missed it. Are you a liberal democrat by the way?
>>
File: 1469220503119.jpg (44KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1469220503119.jpg
44KB, 640x480px
>>736405412
>>736412984
>>736413192
>>736413535
>>736414165

I never tip because I cant afford to. The food costs too fucking much, anywhere, I don't get to eat out often because of it.

> if they get rid of tips and raise their prices, it will still be the same story, but I wont eat out at the same places, ill just get something else like deli food.

If I could afford to I would give a $1 tip and leave it at the table for the waitress to grab. It is a courtesy token to compliment good service/behavior.

Its an unnecessary expense, that dollar could go towards something else. I don't have to lose that dollar.

If thats not good enough, they don't get any (from now on, not just next time). If they didn't check to see if I wanted a refill and I had to ask another waiter - they're not getting a tip.

Tips are a reward for good service. Where's my reward for good patronage, I could just go somewhere else. At the chinese place I could just pay per pound and walk out the door with a container.

Tips should be eliminated, in alot of cases they pool tips anyway and its supposed to be an individual reward (private transaction between the customer and the server).

This is like some serious 1800s level shit that isn't relevant anymore.

Just pay servers $15 an hour like everyone else, raise the prices and raise the quality if you have to.

People should be fixing food at home rather than going out anyway.
>>
>>736424033
No, you won't. Because you just don't tip people. If someone smiles at you, you'll still not tip them. You want them to be nice to you, while basically telling them they're getting paid exactly what they deserve. $3/hr. I'd fucking spit in your food before bringing it to the table, and I'd tell the kitchen staff to spit in it too. And you'd fucking deserve it.

You work in customer service when you have no fucking choice. Your attitude just tells me you've literally never worked a day in your fucking life.
>>
>>736424014
Or maybe other software developers making six figures don't want to piss it away in the form of tips on someone who fucked their lives on video games and weed instead of being good at school and developing a good career?
>>
>>736423518
Maybe because I've worked in lots of restaurants and known lots of waiters. Trust me, almost all of them underreported tips on their taxes.

>>736423617
>>736423689
Are you stupid? They're not pretending to be unemployed, they don't report receiving zero tips, they just don't report it all. Also how many waiters do you know that are taking out huge loans all the time?
>>
File: Cerealbuy background.jpg (17KB, 200x179px) Image search: [Google]
Cerealbuy background.jpg
17KB, 200x179px
I'd like to point out that while I agree tipping less (or not at all) when the service is genuinely bad, it's far more productive to just talk to the manager. If you just stiff on the tip the server might just assume you're a cheapshit, not that you were unsatisfied with their service. If a server is lazy, rude, clueless or all the the above you need to let the manager know it.
>>
>>736423728
They do get paid minimum wage if tips don't cover it, dumbass.
>>
File: Taxation is theft.jpg (51KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Taxation is theft.jpg
51KB, 480x480px
>>736423223
>>
>>736424297
And spoiler: NO ONE enjoys customer service enough to smile for the fuck of it. They ALL smile so you'll give them good reviews or tell their boss they did good, or give them tips. They're never smiling because they're genuinely happy to be there, taking shit from you and your friends at 2AM on a Saturday.
>>
>>736424014
I make more money than you, guaranteed, but I still only tip when I feel the waiter deserves it.

If YOU didn't fuck your life on weed and computer games you'd have a proper job instead of being just a software developer with poor grammar.

For your information; poorfags can't even afford to eat out, nevermind tip. Why is everyone that works in IT autistic?
>>
>>736423824
>Most bartenders and servers I know pay for most everything in cash, so most of it never ends up in the bank.

so, what you're saying is that you know only bartenders and waiters that are not successful enough to gather any sizeable amount of cash, because carrying around thousands of dollars is just retarded.

If they think they can safely carry around $25 or $30K, and think that when they buy a new car, or if they want to buy a house that the IRS is not watching, then you're stupid.

All money is being watched, because President Barack Obama made being a U.S. citizen extra expensive.
>>
>>736424407
Have you ever worked as waitstaff?
>>
>>736424297
Okay then, you worthless nigger, let's get rid of the tipped minimum wage and you can make $8 an hour like other unskilled people and quit with the whiny $3/hr faggotry that literally doesn't exist thanks to federal labor law requiring employers to make up the difference if you average less than the untipped minimum wage in a pay period.
>>
>>736405412
Must suck being so poor and angry. Typical virgin.
>>
>>736415964

Lawyers don't take a case unless you can pay their retainer, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>736424444

Quads... of truth?
>>
>>736424362
So, everyone you know lies about everything.

You're a lot more stupid than I thought.
>>
>>736424231
>>736423824

This is why ill leave $1 under the plate/cup back at the table. If the waiter cant grab that then they're not doing a good job of bussing the table, otherwise they'd catch it before it was stolen.

If I pay with a card, its not on the card.

And also WTF pay with a card? Unless you're trying to build good credit by paying off a credit card every month.
>>
>>736424297
And that passive aggressive attitude is gonna get your ass beat one day, faggot. Stop pushing this myth about the poor little waiters making 2 or 3 an hour, the restaurants are required by law to pay them minimum wage at least if tips don't cover it.

You're a glorified fucking conveyor belt, stop pretending you're providing some valuable service.
>>
File: blesshisheart.gif (2MB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
blesshisheart.gif
2MB, 500x346px
>>736424511
Its adorable that you think every establishment plays by the rules this much. It truly is. Waiters have been fighting for that same thing, for years now. No one does it, because its cheaper to pay them less and rely on the customers to pay them more than it is to pay them flat out minimum wage.
>>
>>736416077
>>736415964

Uh this isn't how it works actually.
>>
>>736424362
>Trust me, almost all of them underreported tips on their taxes.

Anytime someone begins a statement with "trust me", then I should view it with more suspicion.

What followed was pure nonsense. It was just a lie, it was a stupid lie. You managed to tell me that most everyone in that industry lies.

Why do people like you exist?
>>
>>736415964
say the minimum wage is 1000
you make 600 in tips
the restaurant owner will only pay you 400?
>>
>>736424444
You consent to taxes by living there.
>>
>>736405412
>We only get paid $3/hr
If a waiter manages to make $5/hr in tips then they just broke past minimum wage. If hourly pay is such an issue they should find a different job.
>If you can't afford to tip, then don't go out to eat
I do what I want
>Tell in advance if you're not going to tip
Hell no. That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard and that thought process is why they're stuck as waiters. If I tell them I don't plan to tip they will purposefully be massive nigger faggots
>Take forever to get anything
>Will ignore me all night
>Will have a shit attitude
>Might do something like spit in my food
Even if you report them to their manager they'll just tell them it's because you said you weren't going to tip and the manager will stop caring.

I do tip but my base is 10% and that's not guaranteed. Do a shitty job you get 0-5% do an average job get 6-10% borderline suck my dick 11-15%
>>
>>736424486
Yes, and in kitchens. What's your point faggot?

>>736424576
Not an argument, dumbshit. You just got blown out, don't be a baby about it.
>>
>>736424663
And you're an underage faggot who's literally never held a job in his entire fucking life. Which ones worse, someone speaking form experience or a shitposter on 4chan who doesn't tip because he ACTUALLY believes their employers adhere to those laws regularly, without fail?
>>
>>736424736
No they're making shit up.
>>
>>736415964

A few things jump out right away. First, waiters earn a lot more at pricier restaurants. In many states, a server at Eddie V’s working one table an hour earns more than a waiter at Joe’s Crab Shack working three tables or than a Denny’s waiter working eight tables. (Tables do tend to turn over faster at less expensive restaurants, partly but by no means entirely mitigating this effect.)

Another big takeaway: Don’t stiff your waiters! Etiquette guides generally recommend tipping wait staff 15 percent to 20 percent of the bill. At those rates, a waiter at the Olive Garden needs to work at least one two-person table an hour to earn the federal minimum wage of $7.25 an hour (assuming that the state also uses the federal minimum for the tipping minimum wage of $2.13 an hour). But cutting the average tip amount down to 5 percent means that the server needs around three tables an hour just to earn minimum wage. Keep in mind that these are averages over a waiter’s entire shift — if business is slow early in the night, a waiter will have to work even more tables later on just to get back to minimum wage for the night.
>>
>>736424601
>And also WTF pay with a card? Unless you're trying to build good credit by paying off a credit card every month.
Paying with a card allows one to carry less cash. Also, rewards. Get a card that gives cash back on purchases, pay off your whole bill every month and the credit card companies are actually paying YOU.
>>
>>736424678
Bullshit, waiters prefer tips because they make way more than they would if the restaurant paid them an amount equivalent to the work they're doing.
>>
>>736424688
this

While the federal minimum wage is set at a certain level, it makes exceptions to certain fields such as waitresses, jobs that are expected to collect tips

There used to be a minimum wage for tipped jobs but its always roughly half of the normal minimum (it may still be like 3 bucks)

You have to read the fine print on those posters.
>>
>>736424735
Actually it's very common for people to under-report tips. This isn't new and is well known by places like the IRS and CRA. The dude isn't just making shit up.
>>
>>736424033
I've worked in jobs where tipping was optional. But I gave the same level of service whether I knew the customer would tip or not. It's called self respect and having pride in my work.

If I didn't like a job I was in I'd leave and get another one. If you're in a shit job that pays shit then you have no-one to blame but yourself. Take fucking responsibility instead of blaming people that don't tip you for your life being shit.
>>
>>736424735
Oh please, you really think all those teenagers and young adults are eager to precisely report their income to the government so they can pay more in taxes? You're naive or stupid.
>>
>>736424776
>Not an argument, dumbshit. You just got blown out, don't be a baby about it.

No, I didn't get blown out. The person made a broad brush statement that most people are lying about what they make.

Trust is all we have. it means that this person doesn't trust them, because they lie. This person might instead by a liar, making generalizations about others that he cannot possibly know.

WHO goes around asking other employees about what they report in wages?

All we have is our words. If he's literally serious about what he says, then he's simply lying.
>>
File: shtf.jpg (60KB, 684x513px) Image search: [Google]
shtf.jpg
60KB, 684x513px
>>736424762
>>736424444

kinda not saying it, but like Negan would say, you're paying protection money

and when you dont, just like in shtf world, thugs come and beat you up and take all your shit away

> though they might do it abit more nicely
> and better dressed
>>
>>736424908
>Actually it's very common for people to under-report tips.

How can you possibly know this? You must be either religious, or liberal democrat or both.

Both groups always act like they know things they cannot possibly know.
>>
>>736424786
I've worked in restaurants, dumbass. Many. And if an employer doesn't cover a waiter for minimum wage, the waiter can take them to court and make a lot of money, so restaurants don't stiff them like that. What they do do is fire waiters who don't get enough tips.
>>
>>736413231
>If we did it like Europe
Yeah, because Europe is one big country.
>>
>>736424872
Bullshit, waiters would prefer a steady income vs. facing faggots like you everyday who say shit like this and then DONT TIP.

Imagine you waking up, going to work, and spending an hour thinking you MIGHT make $8/hr but really you just made $4.50 and dealt with screaming children the entire time to boot. Does that sound like a cushy lifestyle to you? One that someone would aspire to obtain? You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>736424456
Spoiler: Not everyone is a cunt. Just YOU. Some people enjoy dealing with people and you can tell. They go out of their way to help. You basically don't deserve a tip from anyone, ever.
>>
>"We only got paid about $3 per hour, boo-fucking-hoo." None of my problems! I just don't care!

My sentiments exactly
>>
>>736424735
Wait, you actually think that waiters and bartenders keep precise track of every cash tip they make and report every single dollar on their taxes?

You live in fantasy land.
>>
>>736424973
Isn't it a bit too early to be drinking, grandpa? How are you so naive to believe that all these young adults with tons of cash are so eager to report every dime and pay more taxes?
>>
>>736424962
>Oh please, you really think all those teenagers and young adults are eager to precisely report their income to the government so they can pay more in taxes?

And you're not only an ignorant person that thinks he can read minds, or just enjoys making things up because he thinks he can.

Why do people like you exist in the world? Is this so you can justify lying to people?

"oh everyone does it, so it's really not like regular lying"
>>
>>736425105
OH WOW

SO YOU MEAN THAT IF THEY MAKE $3/hr ON A REGULAR BASIS, THEY GET FIRED INSTEAD OF GETTING PAID MINIMUM WAGE AT THE END OF THE QUARTER?!

Whoda fucking thunk it, you moron.
>>
>>736425181

Dont be a waiter then, retard
>>
>>736425101

I work for the CRA. This is literally a common occurrence. They even do stings at very expensive restaurants where the waitstaff clear 6 figures.

It has nothing to do with religion, or being a liberal democrat. It's common knowledge.
>>
>>736425105
Have you ever actually TRIED to take your employer to court? It's not nearly as easy, or as cheap, as you seem to think it is.
>>
>>736425240
So, I've figured it out. You lie on your taxes, and you justify it by saying everyone else does it.

You probably lie to people every day, and figure out constantly how to justify it by saying "Oh, everyone does it".
>>
>>736425181
You're a fucking liar. Waiters are required by law to be paid minimum wage. And stop pretending waiting is such a shitty job, shit is way worse and more stressful, not to mention more dangerous, in the kitchen. But those guys don't whine about tips, and they all know waiters make way more than they do.
>>
>>736425181

Not a chance. Waiters make their money on tips.
>>
>>736425105

This isn't how it works.
>>
>>736425255

>thunk
>thought*

Learn english you fucking redneck
>>
>>736425372
Which law?
>>
>>736425105

he sed doo doo, heh heh heh
>>
>>736425288
Wow, it's almost like you have to go to school to get ahead in life.
>school that requires money
>money that I don't have

Maybe I'm using the tips others are nice enough to give, to pay for classes to GET OUT of customer service. And maybe, you just told me to go fuck myself and didn't tip me. So maybe now I can't afford to go to the fucking class anymore.

Or did you stop to think about ANY of that, you selfish cunt? Tip your fucking waiters.
>>
>>736425255
What makes your think you deserve a percentage of the price of my meal? Is carrying an expensive steak so much harder than a cheap bowl of soup that you somehow earned more money by doing so?

What fucking value do you add? Fucking parasite.
>>
>>736425296
>It's common knowledge.

Argument by popularity (Argumentum ad populum) is not an argument.

Common knowledge also tells us There is only one god, and his prophet is Muhammad.

Can 1.7 billion believers possibly be wrong?
>>
>>736425181
> Imagine you waking up, going to work, and spending an hour thinking you MIGHT make $8/hr but really you just made $4.50 and dealt with screaming children the entire time to boot

...except that ONCE AGAIN, federal employment law says that if you average less than the untipped minimum wage in a pay period, your employer must pay the difference. Seriously, why is this so hard for servers to understand? Nobody out there is legally making under the untipped minimum wage rate across a pay period.
>>
>>736425435
Federal minimum wage law, the same law that guarantees everyone a minimum wage.
>>
>>736424601
Because I don't eat in fucking denny's I prefer not to carry that much cash around.
>>
>>736425519
Well based on how much of a beta you come off as, the waitress is probably the only girl who talks to you ever without saying "get away from me creep". There's an added value.
>>
>>736425105
how do the manager knows how much he has to paid to cover the minimum wage?
The waiter can say, I made 100 this month, pay me.
Do the manager has a special security that grabs the waitress and shakes her until the money falls and then he counts how much she made on tips?
>>
>>736425593
That was weak and you know it.

Seriously, why do you deserve more for carrying some things than others?
>>
>>736425296
There is no possible way you can speak for everyone. I don't care how popular you think your ideas are.
>>
>>736425566
Common knowledge isn't argument by popularity. I even cited an example. You just choose to not accept facts for whatever reason. They literally do stings to bust people on this.
>>
>>736425255
I can only assume it's because waiters are functionally retarded that they don't understand this.

It's not a "quarter" - it's a pay period. And regardless of whether you get fired, your employer must pay up to the non-tipped minimum wage average across that pay period, or be in violation of federal law.
>>
>>736405412
Servers are always prejudiced as fuck, and assume people who look low class don't tip well. I usually wind up tipping 5-10% because of poor service, but I do always tip.
>>
>>736425581
You should read it closer. It doesn't apply to all jobs.
>>
>>736425487

You misunderstand, its not that i didnt stop to think about it. Its just I couldnt give 2 shits what happens to you
>>
>>736425647
Generally they count it up at the end of the night.
>>
>>736425674

It's not speaking for anyone. It's reporting facts that are well known by the federal government, and basically anyone with a brain.
>>
>>736425708
Sure, but it does apply to waiters. You're just being difficult.
>>
>>736425372
>they don't whine about tips
To your face. When you leave, they're pissed because they're the ones cooking the food and getting paid $9/hr to sweat their asses off, on their feet all day long, with maybe a 10 minute break AFTER dinner rush.
>if they're lucky

They're constantly bitching about how they don't make tips, which I'd know because I've worked in a kitchen before too. I know its hard to believe, since you seem to think you hold the monopoly on experience in the service industry ITT but believe it or not, I've had to deal with this shit firsthand too. You seem to think its magic fairy dust and sunshine but I've seen my sous chef come to blows with the runners over tips on special events. Waitstaff doesn't share SHIT, management could give a fuck, and if you don't work fast enough or smile enough they just fire you. That's the fucking reality, not this fairy tale bullshit you keep pulling out of your ass with a condescending tone, like your experience in one place applies to literally every place in this goddamn country.

And that's giving you the benefit of your doubt, that you're not just sitting there lying about your previous experience to add weight to your shit tier argument.
>>
>>736424762
So let me guess, "If you don't like it, leave!".

You do realize that simply leaving the country does NOT mean you magically stop owing taxes, right?

The fact that one doesn't choose options to ILLEGALLY avoid taxes does not = consent.
>>
I tip like a motherfucker all the time. 20% minimum and sometimes more. I go to the same places repeatedly, I get special service and freebies when I go, and I fuck the shit out of baristas and waitresses. I also just generally like service staff and make a fair wage so I have the money to waste. On the gayer side of things, it also makes me really happy to see them try to refuse a tip that's a little too big and break out into a huge smile or wipe away tears gathering in their eyes. People don't treat service staff like people.
>>
>>736425682
Yes, it is. It's the same thing. Your argument says "everyone knows this", when everyone also knows that salt raises blood pressure, but the data and testing evidence would not support that.

You're trying to strengthen your argument by saying I'm the only person that doesn't think almost everyone lies about their taxes.

Your argument position is literally indefensible.
>>
>>736425789
No, he's being retarded. This is literally Google-able in five seconds.
>>
>>736425716
So why should I give 2 shits if I smiled at you?

Fuck yourself.
>>
>>736425879

Uh my position is literally fact and procedural based. It's literally my job. Yours is basically plugging your ears and throwing a tantrum.
>>
>>736425871

cool story bro
>>
>>736425816
So we're in agreement then. Yes the kitchen is pissed they don't make nearly what waiters do despite having a harder job, the point is that they don't seem to think they're entitled to being tipped for doing their goddamn job like waiters think they are.
>>
>>736425871
>TL;DR Narcissist.
>>
>>736425487
If this was true everyone would have had to become a waiter to get through school. I don't think it is. You fucked up somewhere fam.
>>
>>736425938

What? I dont give a fuck how you feel about me, you aint getting a tip for shit
>>
>>736424311
>19 year old waiter
>waiting tables to pay for college, while attending
>make 4.25/hr
nice job rationalizing your own autism
you know you're a shitty person and you say dumb shit like this to make yourself feel better for treating people poorly.

Oh, and people like you have probably consumed at least a liter of my saliva by now.

I also throw pubes in if you don't tip AND act like an entitled cunt.

Enjoy your meal, sir :)
>>
>>736425879
Here you go.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/08/20/theres-a-serious-problem-with-how-restaurants-pay-their-staff/?utm_term=.5bc04f087423
>>
>>736425871
It's not bad enough that service staff in the US beg for tips now they literally will suck your dick for tips? This is basically what you're saying right?
>>
>>736425978
>Yours is basically plugging your ears and throwing a tantrum.

Arguments and tantrums are not the same.

Know the difference; it could save your life.

The fact that you're on this page acting like you know things you cannot possibly know tells me a lot about you.

Are you a liberal democrat?
>>
>>736426083
So you want me to smile and be nice to you, while you actively flat out say that you could give 2 shits about me?

Must be nice living in fantasy land where Mommy and Daddy pay for everything.
>>
Notice no waiter can explain why they deserve more money for carrying a steak than a salad.

Tipping should be a flat amount, per dish like you give a bartender a flat amount per drink unless you ordered something particularly complex. But the bartender is actually doing work and drawing on experience, while waiters just carry shit around.
>>
File: Listen here noob.jpg (41KB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
Listen here noob.jpg
41KB, 400x286px
>>736424889
>You have to read the fine print on those posters.
I recommend you read it again then. The federal tipped minimum wage is indeed $2.37. BUT... as anons keep (correctly) pointing out: the law is very clear that the employee's wages + tips MUST be equal or greater than $7.25, the full minimum wage. If it comes out to less, the employer must pay the difference. If they don't they're breaking the law and the employee needs to call a fucking lawyer.
>>
File: greedy person.jpg (88KB, 563x560px) Image search: [Google]
greedy person.jpg
88KB, 563x560px
So edgy to not tip these days I guess. I always tip extra because I know there are people like you. It's karma and I'm taking in all the good karma you guys pass up for bad karma.
>>
>>736426175
>washington post

Well, there goes your argument
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.