[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is otto warmbler. he went to north korea and was imprisoned

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 301
Thread images: 30

File: otto.jpg (135KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
otto.jpg
135KB, 1600x900px
this is otto warmbler.

he went to north korea and was imprisoned for over a year for stealing a poster.

he was released back to the USA in a coma and died days after arriving.

certain US politicians are saying this is an act of murder and that NK should be held accountable.

my question is, why should they be held accountable when otto knew the consequences of messing with north korea.

are these politicians saying its totally ok for U.S. citizens to visit other countries and break their laws??

i understand the harsh sentence was political and in retaliation for sanctions made by the U.S against NK. and that i agree is wrong.

but Warmbler should also take responsibility for breaking laws while abroad. he knew exactly what he was doing and he also knew that he shouldnt be doing those things. he is not an innocent victim.
>>
>>736399887
Cause it hurts our pride when another state can hold and kill one of our citizens without us being able to do a damn thing about it.
>>
>>736399887
Nice try, China
>>
>>736399887
I seriously don't understand people who go to third world shitholes on a holiday.
You know the risks, especially if you're going to be a shithead and break laws.
>>
>>736399937
it should hurt our pride more to know that our citizens are running around the world thinking they can do whatever they want.
>>
>>736399940
It's the NKIDF
>>
>our citizens are running around the world thinking they can do whatever they want.

This.
>>
File: Oh well..jpg (28KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Oh well..jpg
28KB, 480x270px
>otto knew the consequences of messing with north korea
Pretty much this. We used to execute people who did this.
>>
>>736400090
Normally I would agree with you. But the absolute ridiculousness of the reason behind him being arrested is why I disagree in this case.
>>
moral of the story: don't steal shit for a church's car.
>>
>>736400193
Yeah. Lochte getting into a drunken brawl and then lying to the Brazilian press is one thing. Stealing campy NK propaganda is another. It's not even like when kids steal stop signs and people end up getting killed.
>>
>>736400193
its not ridiculous tho.
thats exactly the root of the problem im talking about here.

the laws of a country should be taken seriously no matter how illegitimate the government may seem to us. its not up to an individual to say

"oh ill just break this law, go home and nothing will happen" that kind of thinking is what i find to be actually ridiculous.
>>
>>736400283
>church's car
What? I think your google translate is getting buggy, my NKIDF friend.
>>
>>736400040
this

guy is a complete moron

>go to Korea
>NORTH KOREA
>ignore people saying ti's bad idea
>steal shit cause why not?
>literally die of stupidity
>>
>>736400333
C'mon. It's one thing to get locked up for things you shouldn't be doing in foreign countries, like illicit drugs. But a death sentence over stealing propaganda kitsch seems a bit much.
>>
pretty ridiculous whining from a country that murdered a million Iraqis just for kicks.
>>
>>736400516

you have any idea what they actually think in north korea?

not saying it's not a bit much but you can't honestly say you're suprised can you?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (4KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
4KB, 480x360px
>>736400516
>a death sentence
It was 15 years. They could have just said he was a spy and well, pic related.
>>
>>736400322
Lochte's ass shoulda gone to jail. Everyone of them involved in that situation shoulda gone to jail.
>>736400333
I understand where you are coming from. And I wouldn't go to a different country and disrespect their laws either. However, I still sympathize for this man who was tortured and eventually died over such a small thing.
I'm more trying to say that this instance justifies further action against NK considering what they're willing to do to someone over a poster.
>>
>>736400516
yea i agree the outcome was totally unnecessary.
but it could have been avoided if Warmbler just followed the laws.

also

remember that were talking about north korea here.
>>
>>736400562
It's just common decency to treat foreigners with a bit of indulgence. If a NK were jaywalking in the US and a cop ran him over with his police cruiser for breaking the jaywalking law, I would object to that as well.
>>
>>736400623
it was like 1 and a half years dude.
from January 2016 to June 2017

he was sentenced to hard labor.
>>
>>736400562
Them sand niggers deserved it.
They had valuable stuff. Ain't our fault they couldn't adequately defend it.
>>
File: yeyeye.png (444KB, 431x616px) Image search: [Google]
yeyeye.png
444KB, 431x616px
just gonna leave this here
>>
>>736400623
15 years hard labor in a NK jail is a de facto death sentence.
>>
>>736399887
>Warmbler
why you're spelling Warmbler when his is actually
Warmbier
>>
File: 1472739682640.jpg (89KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472739682640.jpg
89KB, 800x600px
>>736400700
>Warmbier, a student who was imprisoned in North Korea from January 2016 to June 2017 after being convicted of "hostile acts" against the country. Warmbier, then 21 years old, confessed to stealing a political propaganda poster and was sentenced to 15 years' hard labor.
>>
>>736400653
>this instance justifies further action against NK
no. i absolutely disagree.

the only thing we might deserve to know is what lead to his death. how did he end up in a coma?

my uneducated guess would be he was worked into complete exhaustion and fell into a coma probably from mal nutrition / dehydration.
>>
>>736400696
we need to stop holding other countries to the standards that we hold our own country too.

its a different place. different people. have respect for their way of life.
>>
>>736399887
because north korea forces american tourists to hard labor this is the first time theyve killed an american tourist and therefore this was unexpected and unprecedented. you should feel bad for otto the same reason you should feel bad for a guy whos lazy so he doesnt tie his shoes and inevitably trips but instead of getting a twisted ankle like everyone else breaks both legs and is stuck in a wheelchair for 3 months
>>
nk government has to appear to be mega tough on foreigners to keep their own people convinced they mean business

nk citizens live under the worse, most brutal and repressive regime in the world. if any of them did what warmbier is alleged to have done, they would have been executed without trial.
if the nk government lets foreigners off for the same crime it makes citizens think their government isn't as strong as it claims to be

warmbier didn't deserve to die at all and the nk government are a bunch of ridiculous bastards, but they've created a giant evil machine that they have to keep maintaining somehow (or let it collapse)
>>
>>736400838
>>736400808
seems like i have my info messed up.

ok so the story was he was sentenced to 15 years but only served 1.5 years.

i guess it could be considered a life sentence then
>>
>>736400843
Sorry anon I disagree. I want to know more about his condition while there and what exactly lead to him being in the state he came back in. But I think either China needs to annex them. Or we need to bomb them.
>>
well I think it's obvious that the harshness of that sentence was mainly influenced by political resans like trying to build up pressure making a statement whatsoever.

but i strongly have to agree with OP as far as just because we people in western capitalist countries think that our set norms and human rights etc. are the right way to deal with things we can not automaticaly assume that they actually are and for people who are raised in a different setting they can seem as obviously wrong to them as it feels vice versa to us to imprism someone for stealing a political poster /that maybe even shows their leader whom they maybe hold sacred i don't know...
>>
>>736400915
>you should feel bad for a guy whos lazy
lol no.
your comparison is terrible.
>>
>>736400090
So then why don't we respect the middle East and their sharia law?
>>
>>736400946
>considered
I'm sure they had every intention of making it the full 15 and not a day shorter. I wouldn't be surprised if someone in NK is getting executed for letting him die, thus denying the Republic it's pound of flesh.
>>
>>736400880
It is an ancient principle to treat the foreigner with hospitality because foreigners are vulnerable. If a North Korean inadvertently broke a minor US law, the right thing to do would be to let it go.
>>
>>736399887
pics of him stealing poster or it didn't happen
>>
>>736400954
i think chinas going to do everything in their power to keep NK relatively stable.

if NK where to collapse, China would be flooded with millions of refugees and china is already dealing with over population.

so china taking care of NK just wont happen.
considering NK shares borders with Russia and well, we cant count on russia doing anything against NK either.

this is the only reason we havnt fucked NK yet. retaliation from China and Russia is definitely anticipated.
>>
>>736400933
Yeah, that makes sense. Still, it's not like they couldn't have just tossed him out of the country without anyone knowing. Where did he steal the propaganda poster from anyway?
>>
>>736401099
except stealing a poster is not a minor law.
its a matter of national security to the N. Koreans. its a far more important law than you are giving it credit for.
>>
>>736399887

Dumb fucks, if you have a problem with getting dead, don't go to North Korea as an American.

The rest of you tards need to recognize that not everyone is afraid of dying like you are. When we do big shit that could get us killed, we do it because it's worth the risk to us. Don't whine about us getting killed if it happens. We knew the risk, we took it, it worked out that way. Oh well!

I deal with your culture of timid & frightened suburban pipes who think your lives are precious every fucking day. They aren't. There's 8 billion humans. The species will go on. Everyone who dies doing a thing they wanted to, versus dies rotting in a home alone and reeking of piss having lived sheltered pointless lives, is a fucking winner.

Live with purpose, die with purpose.
>>
>>736399887
even north koreans knew they fucked up which is why they sent him back to america. no one felt bad when he was sentenced to 15 years of hard labor for being stupid but they went overboard and turned him into a potato. when it was clear they couldnt keep him alive as a potato realized they went too far and sent otto to back to america so he would at least technically die on american soil
>>
>>736401252
It's a god damned poster. It's not worth taking a life over.
>>
>>736401313
>they went too far and sent otto to back to america so he would at least technically die on american soil

holy fuck itd be a different story if he died on NK soil.

its interesting to think about how things would have played out if that where the case.
>>
>>736401406
maybe in america my friend.
>>
>>736399887
Because they're pushing for conflict with North Korea for whatever reason.
>>
>retarded crypto Jew posing as a Christian steals state property
>>Obamba and Drumpf please save me oh crocodile tears
>draconian puppet state
>>sentences him to goofy de facto death sentence
I don't know....if this were a car accident I'd say everyone was at fault. Otto got his. I don't think North Korea deserves anything necessarily, but really if America just indiscriminately started using genome weapons and WMDs in general against her enemies. That'd be fine.
>>
>>736400979
and youve tied your shoes every single time youve put your shoes on? what about just taking out the trash checking the mail
>>
>>736401302
>live with purpose
>die with purpose

>die over a fucking poster and likely because you are tortured or worked to death

Yeah totally died for a good purpose
>>
>>736401099
lol
No it isn't.
>>
>>736401149
I don't think China would do anything but mass soldiers at the border to prevent the migration of refugees, same with Russia. North Korea is a thorn in China's side and a stain on their reputation. Just like us, they don't want them around either.
Either way. The world recognizes that NK is a problem that needs to be taken care of. I just wish our country could sit down and talk to China and Russia and figure some shit out instead of always having to be on the other side of every issue ever.
>>
>>736399887
posing the problem like that i kind of agree with, but dying for a poster is kind of too much for me.
>>
>>736401252
was North Korean Law his major? Also on a side note I'm pretty sure any 21 year old american who gets black bagged by the NK would be confessing to whatever the fuck they wanted in short order. don't necessarily think he didn't do it, just don't really trust their propaganda machine, especially after their botulism/sleeping pill excuse, and convenient timing for commuting his sentence to send him home as he was dying
>>
>>736401471
>tfw u discover the first five books of the Bible are straight from the torah
>and all christians are crypto-jews
>posing as friendlies
>>
>>736401432
No, in America it's the same god damned story of the government pretending that they can cover their corruption and mistakes by calling it a "matter of national security." People shouldn't die and corruption should not go unpunished just because some bureaucrat labels something a "matter of national security."
>>
>>736400700
He was sentenced to 15 years but served closer to 1,5 years, however once released he had suffered massive brain damage and was basically dead from then on, he just died fully now.
His forced TV confession seems very unnatural too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJ8CINk20rQ
>>
>>736401149
>if NK where to collapse, China would be flooded with millions of refugees and china is already dealing with over population.

Why not just house the refugees in North Korea? Plenty of land there.
>>
>>736401581
kek I love when christians think Judaism isn't the defining foundation of their ideology.
>>
>>736399887
Poster story is made up by NK govt, just an excuse to arrest an American for political leverage (before they fucked up and killed him). He's dumb for going, but he didn't "mess with North Korea"
>>
>>736401432
in both america and north korea actually in north korea the sentence for taking down the poster was 15 years not death but they killed him anyway the punishment was too harsh no matter what country
>>
>>736401472
yes my shoes are always tied.
i tie them once and leave them tied and slip them on whenever i need to wear shoes.

and i double knot mine so they only untie when i untie them
>>
>>736401492
Leviticus 19:
33“‘When a foreigner resides among you in your land, do not mistreat them. 34The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

So, are you PLA or privately contracted?
>>
>>736399887
It's normally a minimum expectation that if a prisoner falls seriously ill i.e cancer or in a coma then they get returned to comfort for the final days or if they're in a coma they're returned to their family. Although I wouldn't surprised if this is used an excuse to start some kind of stupid war. At the end of the day when we really return to reality and look at this. A man has broken the law in a different country and has faced time for it. It might not be the law in his country but it's the law in the other country. He is accountable for this. Although the Koreans say he had botulism the American doctors dispute this. And the Koreans also say he fell into a coma after taking the sleeping pill. The autopsy will tell I'm sure. Bare In mind we should take everything we hear with a pinch of salt
>>
>>736401509
thats what the united nations is for.
but russia never shows up for those meetings.
>>
Maybe not go to north Korea on vacation. Thank god his genes have been purged from the pool.
>>
>>736401554
it was reported his confession was forced.
>>
>>736400283
>believing North Korean propaganda
Sorry Kim, no one actually believes he did this for "a friend's mom who wanted to ham it in an American church" who was going to give him a "$10k used car" and give his mother "$200k if he didn't come back"

At least make up a lie people will believe
>>
>>736401602
you make a decent point that i have to agree with anon.
>>
>>736401659
>Why not just house the refugees in North Korea? Plenty of land there.

and whose going to take responsibility for setting up a new country?
>>
>>736401803
The English was awkward af, obviously it was forced. Americans don't generally write or speak in broken English. And did you hear the story they made up? It's the plot from a cartoon
>>
>>736401772
The united nations is useless
>>
>>736401960
and i suppose russia knows this
>>
>>736401302
Yeah, not really the correct situation to place this speech, despite being pretty good.
>>
>>736401870
>and whose going to take responsibility for setting up a new country?

Could be China. If it has a problem with overpopulation, it would want the extra land.

Is imperialism suddenly unpopular these days? What country wouldn't want to own more land?
>>
>>736399887
if anything NK sets an example as to how we should treat criminals over here. break the law, get fucked.

North Korea did nothing wrong.
>>
>>736401890
>It's the plot from a cartoon
You underestimate rural America, it IS a fucking cartoon, 3 Stooges tier at the very least.

>in b4 elitist
>>
>>736400509
This.
One less snowflake. Thanks DPRK.

Can we send more over?
>>
>>736402013
Why should we have to listen to every single country's opinion when there are only a small handful that actually matter?
>>
>>736402162
yeah. funny how brazen all these libtards are. i'd love to see them take to the streets of NK and protest how hurt their feelings are.
>>
>>736400653
Eh, what happened to Otto is a travesty, but US/NK relations are already at a nadir. I don't know what the US could do to NK short of war, which would be the worst option for everyone.
>>
>>736402136
There are more complications and paperwork involved when you want to expand your empire nowadays
>>
>>736399887
correction: this WAS Otto Warmbier
>>
>>736402293
oh boo hoo. some faggot decided he could steal whatever he wanted in NK and not get in trouble, only to remember he's in NORTH FUCKING KOREA and he got beaten into a coma for it. Why are people surprised or upset over this? It's like being told not to piss in the wind but doing it anyway and claiming it was a freak accident you got piss all over yourself.
>>
>>736401581
>>736401664
That's a pretty bold claim about the two...Christianity was a sect of Judaism at one time, yes, but tell me that Orthodox Jews and Mormons are kin...and I'll chuckle. They're really pretty different faiths collectively...both Abrahamic, but it stops there. Otto was ethnically Jewish and even participated in Birth Right.

>Torah
Not necessarily some denominations don't even use the Old Testament for any reason whatsoever. There was some heresy that still persists to this day (Gnosticism, Manicheanism, something else) that basically stated the god of the Old Testament was Satan. This idea still persists and due to some other heresy that maintains that the Jews were pruned from the vine and that Christians became the New Israel and that they are now 'chosen.' I believe this is called
supersessionism.

Anyway, they share roots, but your views on Judaism and Christianity are dare I say generalistic at best and not very insightful. [spoiler]I don't mean to be this much of an asshole (I know spoiler tags don't work here but this should be a clue) but I bet you two can't even name the various tradition of scriptural interpretation or can accurately explain contemporary biblical hermeneutics and why this is important in differentiating the religious claims of either faith[/spoiler]

They share a few books at most depending on denomination maybe Catholicism being the great intermediary between Judaism and mainstream Protestantism.

I don't mean to prattle but here it is. Christianity and Judaism have shared roots but ultimately their eschatology alone differentiate them significantly. Jews are waiting on the third temple and the messhiak. Christians are waiting on Christs return who is for them the messiah.

t. a concerned anon about general pop statements that lack substance and insight
>>
>>736400333
You're an idiot... consequence was disporportional to the crime. Even within their own country towards their own citizen.

I'm against telling people how to live their lives, against people coming into my house and tell me how to do things... but if I see the neighbor beat his wife, I'm still going to go over, beat his ass and call the cops.

We have a fucking responsibility to our people that visit there and the people that live there. An imaginary fucking line, is not what should prevent us to care in such situations.
>>
I don't know if declaring war on North Korea would necessarily be a good thing. Take this for example.

USA and UK kill Hussein. This creates a space for power in Iraq. Terrorists were welcomed in

Gaddafi in Libya. Terrorists come in.

Afghanistan was already crawling with Islamic extremists. With all the free space they formed the so called islamic state.

Will invading North Korea unite Korea or hand it over to terrorism
>>
>>736402477
i don't see how beating a foreigner for thinking he can take whatever he wants off the walls is disproportionate. More judicial systems should work like NK's.

1. Dont break the law
2. DONT BREAK THE LAW
3. Mind your own business
4. Do your fucking job
5. Don't be a menace
6. Be glad you've got what you've got.
7. DONT BREAK THE FUCKING LAW
>>
File: weap245.jpg (40KB, 400x314px) Image search: [Google]
weap245.jpg
40KB, 400x314px
>>736402477
>I'm still going to go over, beat his ass
Not where I live. You'll be ded. Everyone is strapped.
>>
File: 1497819409595.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
1497819409595.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>736399887

The argument is proportionality.

Not every infraction deserves heavy punishment. You don't get life in prison for jaywalking. Otto's case is just an opportunity for politicians to highlight that and show how unaligned North Korea is with the rest of the world.
>>
>>736402136
its not just more land theyre getting.
theyre getting millions of dying people. some holding high positions of power that do not want to lose it.

absorbing a country doesnt just mean "woo hoo more land for us"

and besides north korea is shit for land. a lot of it sucks and is uninhabitable.
>>
>>736399887
Break the rules pay the consequences. It's very clear. He knew what he was getting into. If ypu don't want to be tortured, don't steal posters. Why is that hard to understand?
>>
>>736402253
every block in the pyramid matters anon.
>>
>>736402737
i don't think the act itself should be illegal but if you cause an accident by jaywakling you should be charged with causing the accident. even if you're injured in it. like changing lanes while making a turn.
>>
>>736400696
Americans will never understand this.
>>
>>736400333

>15 years hard labor for stealing a poster
>"its not ridiculous tho."

You're either a moron or a troll. Fuck off.
>>
>>736402604
The only reason these vacuums of power were created is because we left Iraq and Afghanistan before we were done.
Libya we never put boots on the ground but toppled a regime and left it for whoever had a gun.
I didn't like how long those wars lasted, but we were already in them and should have finished them off correctly instead of rushing out.
To prevent this from happening in Korea, we would need to occupy for as long as necessary. Not pull out when liberals become war weary.
>>
>>736402142
So you honestly believe someone was going to pay 200,000 dollars to some kid('s mom) so he could steal North Korean propaganda to hang inside an American church?

Lol ok
>>
Is there proof he actually tried to steal anything tho?
>>
>>736402457
>believes the NK govt story
There's no hope for retards like you. Or is this some NK cyber shill force?
>>
>>736402875
We sentence repeat offenders to life for stealing pizza and candy bars.
>>
>>736402855
Understand what?
>>
>>736402875
guess im a moron then cuz im serious.

but i admit it does sounds ridiculous out of context like that
>>
>>736402832
Blocks in a pyramid all play an equal role.
It isn't the same with countries where a small handful carry the weight of all those incapable of doing it themselves.
>>
>>736402950
i dont bbelieve it but i think its possible considering all the retarded and extreme churches springing up in this nation.
>>
>>736402629
>of North Korea says he's criminal American scum, it must be true!
>>
>>736402875
that's the exact logic that's led us down the slippery slope we're on in the west right now where punishment for crimes has absolutely no proportion anymore. i say a firm hand is in order to remind people that even thinking about doing a crime is a bad idea.
>>
>>736402629
Beat him, sure... Kill him... no.

They have public executions for people who watch TV, listen to music, communicate with the outside world and stupid shit like that. You find that proportional?

Proportional means that your sentence is equal to what-ever it is you did to deserve it. How does watching TV, or stealing a poster, equate to being murdered?

I'm sure they didn't want to kill him, but they did, brought him back braindead, waited to see if he'd make progress, realized he wasn't going to make it and shipped him back to avoid being responsible for it. Even they knew they fucked up, I can't see why you can't.
>>
>>736403001
No we don't.
I don't know where you got this misconception. But people aren't sentenced to life for minuscule crimes like that. Even after the 20th offense.
>>
>>736403077
he was a little faggot who thought he could flout the law of one of the hardest, most isolated nations on the planet and he paid the price for it.
>>
>>736403062
You're an idiot. 200k is a ridiculous amount even if churches did hang NK war booty in their sanctuary, which they obviously do not. Have you ever been inside an American church?
>>
>>736403145
>t. North Korean governmen
Let me guess, you believe the botulism story too
>>
>>736403111
everything you said is true, relative to america.

but its not america.
its north fuckin korea dude.
stop expecting them to act like americans.
>>
>>736400996
Because they're less white than North Koreans.
>>
>>736403154
ive been inside serveral churches for several religions.
>>
I wonder how any tiny tiny Korean dicks he had to suck before he went into semen induced coma?
>>
>>736403111
because in their culture isolation from the outside world is a key principle that's upheld at all costs. if they're soft on one person who defies that law it wont be long until two do it, then four, then twenty then they have a bunch of people who want to stay in NK but want the government to be like the rest of the world, which it isnt.

the law makes no exceptions for anyone. everyone who breaks it gets punished, or killed.

i agree, i don't think they intended to kill him but someone got too rough with him and they didn't want to mail a corpse back, so they sent him back to die on american soil. seems like a smart move on their part.
>>
>>736401820
Good lie though. Perfect reason to go to NK. Hope is mom is well.
>>
>>736403080
You're joking, right? We have almost 3 million people in jail right now, a lot of them for drug offenses, the equivalent of stealing a poster in North Korea.
>>
>>736403249
Seen much propaganda from North Korea in them?
>>
>>736403187
no i think they kicked his ass in and shipped him back before he died in order to avoid any further unpleasentries.
>>
File: 1305647279724.jpg (48KB, 700x499px) Image search: [Google]
1305647279724.jpg
48KB, 700x499px
>>736399887

>are these politicians saying its totally ok for U.S. citizens to visit other countries and break their laws??

Yes, people should not die for stealing a poster.

Common sense can be used here.

Just like when deciding not to attack NK even though the leadership should be killed ASAP.
>>
>>736402841

If that's the case you'd be charged with more than just jaywalking. Jaywalking is one charge.

I get where you are going but it's a bad analogy, because of how unlikely jaywalkers are to be blamed for car accidents. If a car brakes hard to avoid a pedestrian, any other car that hits them will be responsible--failure to avoid a collision.

Then there's the poster. Who is harmed by a removal of generic propoganda posters? The State that has powers to imprison people at will?
>>
>>736403129
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_L._Tyler
>>
>>736403223
Underrated post
>>
>>736403349
So you just pick and choose which NK government stories you believe in?
>>
>>736402679
Nice try, Canada
>>
>>736403300
they deserve to be there as much as rapists and paedophiles and thieves and other scumbags. our nation is firm on some criminals and soft on others but it varies by state, case, and what the defendant's weasel lawyer managed to manipulate in the courts.
>>
>>736402737
what kind of poster are we talking about?
how would b/ react if Otto would have come back undetected?
>>
>>736403419
i believe he stole property and was punished for it. and the punishment was more than his body could take so they sent him back to the usa to avoid an international incident
>>
>>736403438
Fuck off Sessions
>>
>>736400880

>have respect for their way of life.

No.

Such stupidity does not deserve respect.

You fail to see the difference between "culture" and "stupidity".
>>
>>736403483
And you believe that because th NK regime showed you a grainy video of an indescript person removing something from a wall.

Ok.
>>
>>736403218
What I said is relative to anyone who believes in Justice and to anyone who opposes oppression.

I'm not talking about whatever is ordered by a country, I totally understand the fact that it is NK, one of the most unforgiving and oppressive countries in the world.

Which is exactly why the government needs to be annihilated and if this event can justify such actions, then I say that's absolutely fucking perfect.
>>
>>736403129
http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Stealing-one-slice-of-pizza-results-in-life-3150629.php

http://disinfo.com/2013/04/how-a-man-was-sentenced-to-life-in-prison-for-stealing-a-pair-of-socks/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/man-faces-30-years-for-doughnut-theft/

It's a good thing you'd never do something so crazy in good ole BURGERLAND.
>>
>>736403218

Not who you responded to...but this is literally the whole point. US politics are taking a hold of this scenario because it's an opportunity to say yes, they should be acting like Americans because Americans wouldn't kill a man for stealing a poster.

There's some validity to the morality argument, but more importantly it's a grandstanding opportunity to make North Korea look bad on the global stage.
>>
>>736403359
its theft of government property. by a foreigner no less. if they weren't firm on him it would set an example going forward that other visitors could steal other shit and be protected by diplomatic immunities. if they set a hardline punishment and maintain it, it reminds others who are considering the same thing to think twice.
>>
>>736402999
checked.
but good point.
>>
>>736403374
Def not proportional but still wasn't Pizza... but a fuckton of acid.
>>
>>736403541
yeah actually. don't you think it would be a little ridiculous of them to take some guy into captivity and make a big show about his punishment which would put even more international tension on them?

im not arguing that abductions of foreigners happen, but usually they take them for the purpose of teaching english or doing other work for them. this isn't that. this is penalizing some american faggot who thought he could break the law and go unpunished for it because murricuh
>>
>>736399937
That's moronic as fuck. Other countries have different laws that apply to you too if you go there even as an American.
>>
>>736403671
They wouldn't kill a man for it, no. 25 to life on a third strike is a different story.
>>
>>736403742
See
>>736403621
>>
>>736403699

Ah you are talking about deterrence. And that only works if the individuals subject to it had a rational understanding of the consequences. Otto was likely a young naive fool that couldn't comprehend the possibility of death for stealing a poster.

Moot point, we all understand why NK does this. The grandstanding politicians understand it but also don't care, because the proportionality and human rights angle is the critical argument they are trying to make.
>>
>>736403111
There is no "proportional" outside of what is deemed so by people. If I believe you should get murdered for watching unapproved TV, then it is proportional to me. That is ethics for you, it is why politics exist
>>
>>736403374
A repeat drug offender trafficking drugs through the mail is a lot different from the charges we were talking about.
>>736403621
All of these are individuals with a criminal past. Because none of the articles stated their prior convictions, I'll give into the reasonable doubt that they were petty theft convictions as well. You got me there anon. But we still don't know how serious their prior convictions were.
>>
>>736403904
No shit read the rest of the thread and you'll see that I and several others said that.
Its moronic that the world stands by and lets a country do what Korea did to innocent citizens over such a simple reason.
>>
>>736404246
Even if their priors(THAT THEY HAVE ALREADY SERVED TIME FOR) were more severe it's still completely retarded putting people in jail for this long and is easily (almost) as retarded as 15 years in a labor camp for stealing a banner but it's a bit more offensive to me because with a place as retarded as North Korea you should expect stupidly harsh punishments, in USA not so much.. Yet it still happens in such a "civilized western nation".
Isn't that kinda fucked ?
Life or 20+ years in prison for petty theft is never okay and should not be considered normal in any "civilized" country.
>>
>>736400040
I don't understand why people use "3rd world shithole" where it doesn't apply.

I think you need to google what a 3rd world country is and try again.
>>
>>736404420
If they continuously show they can't be a normal member of society who can't abide by simple laws, like not stealing, or contribute enough to afford a doughnut, it is justified.
>>
>>736404506
>>736404420

To clarify. If it is a culmination of several small charges(like petty theft) I agree with you.
But if they were convicted of several serious charges and still messed up even in the slightest degree, like stealing a doughnut, life is justified.
>>
>It's just the North Korean's culture, stop inserting your western values
>Same argument Feminists use to defend Islam
>No hypocrisy
4chan is fucking pathetic.
>>
>>736404506
Why not just chop their hand off like the muslims?
>>
>>736404358
Its moronic that the world treats NK like a sovereign nation?
>>
>>736404984
==>
>>736404660

We are a nation of laws. A nation of civilized people. And if someone consistently shows that they can't abide by our laws and live as normal members without disturbing other citizens who should be able to live here without the fear of being stolen from or assaulted without justice, put them in prison.
Not over a first offense, or even several petty offenses. But someone who makes a habit of breaking laws without showing signs of improvement deserves prison.
>>
File: abcdefg.jpg (47KB, 505x535px) Image search: [Google]
abcdefg.jpg
47KB, 505x535px
>>736404358
>innocent
>committed a crime, convicted
>>
>>736405163
Absolutely.
Why is it acceptable for Korea to imprison and kill over small things, to kill otherwise innocent people? Just because its their society and culture?
But we condemn ISIS and the like who commit similar crimes?
>>
>>736399887

we shoulda send one of their guys back in a coma
>>
File: bf.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bf.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>736399887
He was an American and went to a communist country, and was probably being a prick. Bec. only a prick would go there anyway.

I do not feel North Korea should be held responsible for anything. If you play with fire and get burned, do you blame the fire?

Dude took his chances, and even if there WERE proof which there isnt that the NK govt. had anything to do with his death, well he was on their soil. Isnt their a reason Americans werent to go to Cuba? AKA be American and stay the fuck away from those communist fucks. Well, its like climbing a mountain, somebody might tell you not to do it, but if you decide by god you will anyway, dont expect anybody to bulldoze the mountain when you git kilt.

Now fuck North Korea anyway for their fat virgin man child looking leader. But dudes family aint owed shit. If dude had been there in a government role for the U.S... well that would mean war, but dude was a civilian and feeling "adventurous". Well, shit happens.
>>
why the fuck is my post not posting? hold on
>>
>>736405634
The whole thing I'm trying to say is

Their law is retarded to begin with. This man would be innocent in the eyes of any reasonable person. Why does the world allow a nation to maintain its sovereignty when it treats both its citizens and foreign citizens so heinously?
>>
>>736405548
>or even several
It's called 3 strikes and you're out for a reason. You fuck up twice and third time you go away for life. No matter how small the last offense is.
>>
>>736405684
Stop saying he was innocent, that's literally untrue.

This wasn't some person born into a system of cruel intolerance, it was a tourist who thought he was above the law cause 'merica.
>>
>>736405838
Yeah but even I will agree that 3 petty offenses don't warrant life in prison.
>>
>>736405862
"otherwise innocent people."
By that phrase I mean that to all reasonable people in the world, outside of that fucked up legal system they have in Korea, he was innocent.
People need to quit acting like Korea was justified just because it is a law they have. It is a completely ridiculous law and that impacts both their own citizens and citizens of other nations. The world shouldn't stand for such an evil to continue. Just like we won't tolerate ISIS.
>>
>>736405793
I don't think you know what innocent means.

He is in no way innocent. He ripped that poster down, he was guilty. We have similar laws in the US we just do t say Propaganda. Go I to your local court house and start ripping shit off the walls, the flag the picture of the judge or county commissioner whatever. Rip some of that shit down and see what happens.

Are you going to be killed? Probably not. NK has harsher penalties BECAUSE IT'S A DICTATORSHIP. This fucking idiot should have known that before he went there. He was not innocent.
>>
>>736405793
collapsing any nation will lead to world shifting consequences.
>>
File: Andy-Taylor-Sheriff.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Andy-Taylor-Sheriff.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>736405698
this is Barney Fife. Deputy to Sheriff Andy Taylor of Mayberry.

Just so you guys know, since I know many of you are children or man children. If you want to be a good guy. If you want to do the right thing. Axe yoself, what would Andy Taylor do? You guys will never be as cool as 007, or as broody and misunderstood as your favorite anime guy (anime is gay). But if you can channel some sheriff of Mayberry, maybe you too can be the kind of guy other guys like. And thats the kind of guy you gotta be before anybody respects you. If other down to earth hard working guys dont like you, no woman ever will.
>>
>>736405953
Ever met someone who committed 3 petty offenses that wasn't a drain on society?

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if we started jailing people that keep steeling panties from wal-mart.
>>
>>736406075
Stop comparing it to Daesh. Comparison doesn't hold up at all. NK didn't steal this boy from the US,drag him to NK and charge him, the kid was there, and subject to their laws. He played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.
>>
>>736405634
He could have been innocent. They never provided any evidence whatsoever that he commited the crime save for a pixelated video that could've been anyone.
>>
>>736406259
>>
>>736406123
I was thinkin' I might take Thelma Lou over t' Mount Pilot for the drive-in movie. I'm gonna wear ma salt-n-pepper tweed jacket. You wanna come Andy? The Rifleman will be there with his boy, he could play with Opie.
>>
File: gomer.jpg (16KB, 311x350px) Image search: [Google]
gomer.jpg
16KB, 311x350px
>>736406259
and we have no proof the NK govt. had anything to do with his death. Besides the opinion of some dr. So, really dude took his chances (a US civilian in a communist country there of his own will) and his family aint owed shit, and this shouldnt be news, its almost as bad as that twitter bitch that Reddit thought was abducted at that fag gamer convention. People like their bandwagons. This is gay non news and no big deal.
>>
>>736406216
No you're right, but they both enact ridiculous laws?
Losing a hand for petty theft in ISIS and 15 years of hard labor for taking down a poster in Korea.
Of course the comparison isn't perfect placed side by side. But they are both regimes that subjugates, tortures, and kills the people they control. Which cannot stand.
Same with Saudi Arabia, Iran, the Philippines, and any other country that takes away human rights to their people with ridiculous laws based from their own skewed ideologies.
>>
File: at.jpg (388KB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
at.jpg
388KB, 2400x1600px
>>736406396
Well that sounds mighty fine MIGHTY FINE
>>
>>736406214
I have met people who are subsequent petty offenders who have shown remorse and a real desire to be better. That is why I think everyone should be given a chance beyond three strikes. Once you make it past 3 strikes, life should definitely be on the table. However, it should be on a case by case basis instead of a mandatory federal standard of 3 strikes.
>>
>>736400789
yea i'd rather just take a bullet to the head and be done. no one expected him to come home alive
>>
He was a thug and deserved it. Don't want to get killed by the cops, don't break the law.

Cops in America kill American civilians everyday, seems perfectly normal treatment to me.
>>
File: STANLEY-KUBRICK-1-ARL0024.jpg (293KB, 800x1134px) Image search: [Google]
STANLEY-KUBRICK-1-ARL0024.jpg
293KB, 800x1134px
Couple of points:

A) His name is not Warmbler you degenerate chode, its Warmbier.

B) If someone steals a propaganda poster, killing them is not a justified form of retaliation for a state to take against an individual
>>
>>736400880
It's not about standards, it's about respecting other countries' laws.
>>
>>736400333
this guy is motivated by reason. i like him.
>>
File: wharrgarbl-dogs-vs-sprinklers.jpg (41KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
wharrgarbl-dogs-vs-sprinklers.jpg
41KB, 672x372px
>>736406761
Otto pic related
>>
>>736406519
I never said we have any proof. I never said he wasn't a total retard for going to NK in the first place. But people seem really stuck on the idea that he actually comitted any crime there.
>>
>>736400979
I agree. Shit tier comparison
>>
>>736406353
is that the same guy that played Ace Ventura the pet detective?
>>
>>736407087
Probably because he almost certainly did that shit
>>
>>736400996
You're speaking for yourself nigga
>>
File: IMG_1154.gif (59KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1154.gif
59KB, 400x300px
>>736405163
>treats them like a sovereign nation

Because it is...
>>
>>736401724
There is video footage of him pulling it off the wall and stuffing it into his bag.
>>
They arrested him at the airport, meaning he put the poster in the fucking suitcase so that it would've been found by airport security FOR SURE.
Meaning he's a moron.
Still, that doesnt make nk laws any less stoopid. I guess they gave him the tratment just cause he was a western pig.
>>
>>736399887
North Korea needs freedom
send seals
>>
>>736401313
>potato kek
>>
>>736406082
We shouldn't collapse the country. Just replace their government.
No reason the world should allow Kim Jong Un and his successors to remain in control of a country.
It would be a world changing effect. But a welcomed change.
>>
>>736407180
Yeah that's what I said
>>
Who wants a warm beer anyway
>>
File: 1497812071893.webm (503KB, 272x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497812071893.webm
503KB, 272x480px
I think it's funny, this frat boy Jew got what he deserved
>>
>>736401406
Nigga, what don't you understand about NK's laws?
>>
>>736399887
I don't even know why people go to these shit stain places. North Korea, China, Iraq, Iran why the fuck do you want to go to places that resent EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THING ABOUT YOU. Like Chinese people feel sooo fucking special to be selected to go to school and higher Ed. and then they graduate and go to FOXCON and build iPhone after endless iPhone for fat lazy Americans until they dive out of windows to an hero because they realize their country made them just barely smart enough to assemble iPhones until they die. Quit going to places that want to saw your head off and orgasm down your privileged free throat hole. Syria, America should just let them all kill as many of each other as they can. Each casualty is one less potential terrorist. Get involved and we have a responsibility to "care for the refugees" I mean potential terrorists. I mean it was AWFUL goddamn nice of Bush to Invade Iraq and create the vacume that opened the doors for ISIS to exist, it was EVEN nicer of OBAMA to pull out the troops that were keeping shit together so the JV team could get it's shit together enough to Uber into Infidel crowds, and now Trump is making the SAME FUCKING MISTAKE as the last dipshit American Presidents. I just hope someone runs for president in 2020 on the platform "Quit fucking meddling, we just screw it up".
>>
Lotta NK shills itt

Wonder if they have to post or their whole family is jailed?
>>
>>736401471
You're stupid as fuck
>>
>>736406761
>wamrbier
>warm
>bier
I think I solved why they killed Jim he tried hawking some warm beer to the nor is and as a result he is dead should have been selling coldbier instead
>>
>>736407687
When I was reading the news I couldn't help thinking that his surname sounds too silly to be real. It's a codename, no question. Also, isn't it a kraut name?
>>
>>736399887
Yeah, that kid was a total dumbass.

This is what we call natural selection and, thanks to North, Korea, he won't make a bunch of stupid, poster-stealing babies.
>>
>>736407428
Too stupid to remember what you said?

>treats them like a sovereign nation
>IS a sovereign nation

See the difference?
>>
>>736400880
I am not obligated to respect inferior cultures.
>>
>>736401100
Underrated post
>>
This all can be boiled down into two categories.
Those who think a sovereign nation's laws should be respected, regardless of how those outside of that nation personally feel about them.
And those who think that laws within that sovereign nation that are viewed as harsh and unreasonable to those outside of that sovereign nation are grounds for expulsion of the ruling government.
I am the latter of the two.
I completely agree that individual cultures and societies should be respected. Sovereign nations have the right to govern themselves however they deem fit and in a way that preserves the rights of man.
BUT. If a government enacts laws that are so clearly ridiculous, followed but disproportionally harsh punishments, that government is, and should be, subject to ridicule and consequences from the outside world. The rest of the world cannot allow for injustice like that to exist in the world.
Respecting culture is important. But some cultures and/or governments need to be completely eradicated and enforcing ridiculous laws like this qualifies your culture and/or government for eradication.
>>
>>736407810
Point is the norks saw his warmbier as an insult and placed him in the gulag had he had a coldbier the might have gotten the norks to open up to the west
>>
>>736402162
Yes please. Let's start with President Snowflake.
>>
>>736407087
I know, I was using your post to re-state my point. No offense. But dude fucked up whether people agree or not, dude was on NK soil. I think liberals forget that they aint in Cali/Oregon/WA/Mass no more, and their little asses aint entitled to the pseudo-safety of 7 round magazines in handguns and squatters rights hippie kinda bullshit.

Treat people like children, decide whats best for them, then be surprised when they act like children and want to sue anybody that hurts their feelings. Dude was a civilian, fucked up in a country he shouldnt have been in, and his family wants to raise hell? Why dont I go sue Mcdonalds for coffee thats too hot

fuck, I'll go climb Mt. Everest, bec. when my stupid ass dies, my family will be entitled to mega bucks by somebody right?

this is gay non news bandwagon jumping bullshit. Almost as bad as my loser friend that quit going to work, pussied his homelessness to me so he could crash on my sofa, doesent take care of his diabetes (type 1 skinny fag type), gotta take adderall to focus (oh gotta have it) gotta take ambien to sleep (muh gotta have it) lazy ass bullshit gonna get kicked out soon and he doesnt know faggy fucking nobody takes responsibility for themselves motherfucker should be pushed in a god damned stroller eats an entire box of fucking ice cream sandwiches pukes on my carpet gotta be driven to the ER faggy anime watching allergic to hard work motherfucker has an excuse for everything,

Babies. Fucking toddlers most people are now. I was raised by hard asses. I was told when I was a teenager "oh you got depression, get a second job, that way you'll be too busy to think about how depressed you are" Father was an USAF colonel, mother was an RN from Jamaica Plain, no fucking excuses bullshit, and I cant stand a man child. 30 year old gotta be held by the hand, tells me not to let him eat too many sweets (seriously? no fucking seriously?) needs a god damned mommy around

its bullshit

Plain fucking deep kimchi
>>
lol fucking stupid i saw that shit on the news and thought wow who goes to north korea... it's hard for koreans to leave north korea, you will be shot at if you try to escape, so why the fuck would he walk up in there....
>>
File: bfife.jpg (121KB, 675x693px) Image search: [Google]
bfife.jpg
121KB, 675x693px
>>736408242
forgot pic
>>
Who cares? It's just one pathetic, insignificant human. Plus he's American so even better lol.
>>
>>736400333

you're right, and it was a ridiculous "crime" with a even more ludicrous punishment, but that's our viewpoint. NK can do whatever the hell they want in their own corner of the world, that's part of their government, same as anywhere else, even in those shitskin countries with sharia law.

Ideally we'd just nuke these shitty countries from existance and start work on Utopia, but i digress, liberals everywhere
>>
>>736408417
No shit
>>
>>736407955
English not your first language or is it summer break for you?
>>
>>736408041
>if a thing doesn't have the same moral code as me it should be eliminated

Huh, where have I heard that before
>>
File: 2014-07-07 23.05.58.jpg (102KB, 1073x1071px) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-07 23.05.58.jpg
102KB, 1073x1071px
>>736408488

>Ideally we'd just nuke these shitty countries from existance and start work on Utopia, but i digress, liberals everywhere
>>
>>736399887
Wie kann man so blöde sein und als Amerikaner nach Nord Korea fahren. Selbst schuld.
>>
>>736407299
have you seen the footage or are you just repeating what others have told you
>>
>>736409212
They also found it on him
>>
He cried like a bitch during his "hearing".
>>
File: who.jpg (71KB, 630x924px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
71KB, 630x924px
>>736399887
what would they have done to lessen tensions?
>>
>>736408242
Bruh that was one hell of a rant. Did you kick him out?
>>
>>736408689
Don't go all autistic because you fucked up kid. Need a spinner and a safe space?
>>
>>736399887
Yeah, these are like those guys in wing suits that splatter themselves every now and then. Cool that they do it but don't weep when they bite it. Now if it was a soldier stationed there? Then it's on fuckers.
>>
I think the reaction is blown out of proportion due to it being the norks. If someone got killed in brazil by corrupt police for breaking the law and their government covered it up, I doubt the reaction would be as large.
>>
File: 1407801057237.jpg (78KB, 1076x874px) Image search: [Google]
1407801057237.jpg
78KB, 1076x874px
>>736409598
BUZZWORDS BUZZWORDS CUCK AND EDGES BUZZWORDS
>>
>>736400880
Wow how regressive underage bait.
It's one thing with ideologies, but what your saying is actually retarded. In papa New Guinea young children suck the cock of their ancestors to gain power. Is that respectable?
On a side note - all underage unmet fags saying "but he knew the consequences1!1!1!"
He did, and he was a fucking idiot for breaking them. But he was 21, still a young asshole. Sure he should have been more mature and punished for his crime. But a man was put to DEATH for stealing a poster and being an idiot. That is absolutely fucking barbaric.
>>
>>736409595
No not yet, dude was my best friend from like 8th grade. Were both 30 (I'm 30 he's turning 29) now, and I love dude, I just dont like him.

Got an excuse for everything. Goes and drinks too much or eats a fucking freezer full of fucking popsicles, or an entire box of fucking ding dongs, then gets all weepy the next day bec. he's in pain.

No shit asshole, you're fucking type 1 diabetic. Doc shopped for an asshole that would give you adderall and ambien, then fucking wonder why you always feel like shit.

I will take any of you motherfuckers that say they got insomnia (basically anime watching all day cant help cut grass bec. of muh asthma) fuckers, and I will put you to work so hard that you'll sleep like a fucking baby.

But always excuses. Need a phenergan for muh stomach (cuz I ate like a pig) need muh ambien, takes an adderall, but oh BUT WHAT??? got asthma so cant help cut grass

Done.

Kimchi (aka a shit smelling soup)

aka if you're in deep kimchi, you're in deep shit, and when you hear me say kimchi, you done.

Love the bastard. But will not tolerate a pussy.

Deep Kimchi
>>
>>736409988
>inability to admit when he screwed up
Butthurt kid detected, also the reason you don't have friends.
>>
>>736399887
Thing is. NK could just make the entire story up just to get to torture an american. For all we know he might have not done anything. NK reports don't really seem like the most trustorthy thing and his "confession" was in such broken english that it was pretty clear that he was given a script to read
>>
>>736410469
No one screwed up but you kid. Not my fault you're only semi literate.
>>
>>736410623
Who is denying it happened? You people are gtrabbing at straws.
>>
>>736400193
Are you showing the same leniency when an Arab fucks a 12 y/o in America?

To them its absolutely ridiculous that they have to wait after she had her period.
>>
Meanwhile, the niggers on twitter whine about how Philando is more important than this guy.
>>
To anyone who says we should "respect" North Korea and their laws, you really need to get a fucking clue. This is a country who has assassinated former North Koreans who had escaped and were now living in democratic countries. Respect is a two-way street. Fortunately for them, Trump doesn't have the balls to retaliate.
>>
>>736399887

Laws like giving 15 years of hard labour for attempting to steal a propaganda poster that exist in North Korea are inhumane and unfair as they are, but fully knowing that they exist and still trying some dumb shit is kind of... well... stupid

I do not think his death was justified, but it was also avoidable. I feel for his family.
>>
File: 2122.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
2122.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
>>736399887
Yeah, I don't know what the big deal is. He went to NK to experience what it had to offer. He got the full ride.
>>
File: 1497806677459.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1497806677459.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>736408242
>complains about man children
>throws a temper tantrum on /b/
lol fag
>>
>>736411033
There is respect and then there is respect.

One means you admire see as a guideline and try to emulate.

Second means keeping your mouth shut about it and "respecting" as long as you are within arm's reach.

Or you can be a righteous cunt and go to nk in solidarity to steal more posters as a protest. See where that takes you.
>>
>>736399887
what a fucking joke. our police kill innocent people every week and get 'punished' with a paid vacation. fuck this country
>>
>>736402629
Damn son you'd fit right into a feudal hellhole as some shitter peasant
>>
>>736411362
We also call that fear
>>
>>736411549
It's called being sensible.

Until the day you can organize enough people with gear training and machinery, you are their bitch.

If you want a better anology, go to the woods find a bear and scream "I'm not afraid of you".
>>
You're a moron if you steal, you're an ultimate mega moron if you steal from Kim. What did he think? They'd just laugh and say "boys will be boys"? You mess with the bull you get the horns, young man.
It sucks he died and I wish he didn't, but it's not an unexpected outcome. He made a colossal mistake and paid the price.
>>
>>736411703
It's the same thing really
Fear isn't inherently a bad thing
>>
File: 1497227204243.jpg (62KB, 755x601px) Image search: [Google]
1497227204243.jpg
62KB, 755x601px
>>736399887
DEATH TO NORTH KOREA!!!
>>
i got a good idea, let's visit a country where they openly have disdain for Americans, surely that will end well

tl;dr

play stupid games, win stupid prizes
>>
>>736399887
Yep serve him right for playing the dumb american tourist, more and more ppl are travelling to NK and it's always some american retard who do stupid shit like this.
But Commie country or not you americans have some pretty harsh justice system as well.
>>
>>736411929
Depends on how you look at it I guess.

To me, it's not fear until I have a chill down my spine and ready to jump at the first sign of movement or sound.
>>
>>736410877
one man broke the law the other one didn't
American are being killed by the police at a high rate than NK

great logic fagg
>>
>>736399887
>warmler
its Warmbier you dildo
>>
>>736403218
I get kimmy kun is trying his hardest to keep the kids from watching r-rated films. But in what reasonable way can you justify ending someone's life over their choice of music or just talking to a penpal? Why is it a public display to keep the masses down? This is the kind of shit most developed countries grew out of a long time ago.
>>
>>736410469
Why the fuck are you so hung up on semantic bullshit? He was saying they don't deserve to be considered a sovereign nation. Go trolololo somewhere else
>>
>>736412670

Less than 1,000 people in the US died in police shootings in 2016, and only 230 of them were black.

I guess summer really does start tomorrow.
>>
>>736400996
Oh I do... in their country they can do whatever they want but I don't want those laws forced upon me in my own country.
>>
>>736410799
Are you trying to justify sexualizing kids who haven't even bled (as long as it's in the middle east), and equate that kind of crime (in every single other developed country) to stealing a sign?

> mental gymnastics out the ass
> my neighbor is raping his kid, but his house his rules.
> But my brother dave took an orange from walmart. They beat him into a coma and got him a taxi back when they realized he wasn't going to make it
> its cool tho, cuz he took and orange from them knowing it's agains the rules! Fukkin dirty thief deserves it for embarrassing us like that!
>>
A lot of retards here. No shit going to NK was a dumb idea and that kid put himself in that situation. That doesn't mean that the NK's action is justified in anyway.
>>
>>736408451
Edgy
>>
He was a smug white sexpat and got BTFO
>>
>>736411362
That's not respect. That's being cautious. Respect is earned, fear is taken (even if not deserved)
>>
>>736413973
>implying if a tourist turned fugitive died in your jail you'd give a fuck
give me a break.

If you go to NK or some fucked up place and expect to be covered by some sort of invincibility blanket, then you're autistic as fuck. He broke their laws, paid the price. End of story.
>>
>>736414215
Yeah, your not that intelligent are you? I didn't say he should have expected to steal some 3 shit and for it to be alright, that's dumb. What i am saying is that what NK did is really fucked up, i mean are you saying someone should die for stealing a poster?

You think the punishment fits the crime?
>>
>>736403621
And most people don't think that's justifiable either. Otherwise it wouldn't have gotten media attention like that. The broken US court system doesn't justify what NK did. No you shouldn't go around purposely breaking laws, but the way they handled that was fucking childish.
>>
>>736414548
>your not that intelligent
>you're

It's very simple little boy. Let's say you go in a country where eating an apple gets you the death penalty. If you go there, don't eat any fucking apples.

What I think doesn't matter. NK said the punishment fits the crime, that's the fucking point. It's why you don't see celebrities posting pictures of themselves drinking margaritas in lovely ole NK. Nobody goes there for a reason ffs. This faggot could've chose anywhere on the planet to go and be a shit disturber and he chose one of the harshest establishments to do so.

Grow up faggot.
>>
Once there was this kid who took a trip to North Korea and decided to steal a banner. And when he finally came back he was just a living vegetable.
>>
>>736414804
Ohnos, muh grammar!

Say it stright up dude, you like what's happened and you want people to have less freedoms. Like your shilling for North Korea right now. This type of shit is fucked up and nasty but you wanna defend it? See why no one takes you seriously irl.
>>
>>736414804
> don't go near the white elephant, is bad
> rip a whole portion of the earth for the entire rest of the world.
Don't get me wrong, I'm against globalization, but glad to know where the world's pimple is.
>>
File: plzstop.jpg (31KB, 410x307px) Image search: [Google]
plzstop.jpg
31KB, 410x307px
>>736415170
>deflects the entire argument
>"hur dur you don't think like me so you're wrong and probably dumb irl"
>implying I give a fuck about NK
>implying I want people to have less freedoms
Grow up kiddo. You got fuckin taken to school and can't handle the heat. Done replying your autism kek.
>>
>>736399887
Go read his confession and what he said he was promised for doing it, and tell me you still think he did it.
>>
>>736415500
i Love how you wouldn't address anything i said. Look m8 your defending the NKs actions here thats not right. You can change your dumb opinion or shut up. What happened was wrong and you won't admit that. Your only defending your shitty brain fart of an argument because you came up witn it. You got nothing bro.
>>
>>736414804
>took an apple from my neighbor Steve, and he murdered me.
> it's okay though, his house his rules, guess I shouldn't have taken an apple.

>>736415170
You're fucking dense if you think he was trying to say he wants people to have less freedom.
>>
>>736415500
>You got fuckin taken to school
Lool keep telling yourself that
>>
>>736415821
I get this argument, but if Steve is a serial killer who kills people that takes his apples, and it's known around the village, why would you?

Not being a dick, you seem to have logic.
>>
>>736415821
>Guy defends shitty Authoritarian commie state
>Omg but he still think ppl should hav teh freedoms

That shit is mutually exclusive brahb.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170619-193117.png (421KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170619-193117.png
421KB, 1080x1920px
Just sayin'
>>
>>736401221
From the hotel he stayed in, i've seen the cam footage in relation to the act, google it if you wanna see it.
>>
>>736399887
I f we can blame women's clothing for rape, then we can this idiot for his own death.

Why the fuck would you even go to NK?
>>
>>736399887
>>736399937
In american law that case would have been circumstantial at best, even the in the video you could not identify who pulled that poster off the wall. Could it have been a ploy by North Korea totally, it wouldn't have been the first time.
Honestly the fucking top of the class business school middle class white boy doesn't understand north korea fucking hates us. The only time I will ever set foot on North Korea soil is when and if we are giving them the boot in their face they deserve.

Nobody said hey you probably shouldn't go to fucking North Korea they are still technically at war with south korea.
>>
>>736400562
But iraqi's aren't actually people. That's just a scientific fact.
It's in the bible.
Google it.
>>
>>736402477
you are a fucking idiot.
the consequence was disporportional you are correct. In their country if you disrespect the state they kill you, your mother and father, and then your fucking grandparents on both sides plus any brothers or sisters. Jesus fucking christ do you not know the insanity that is North Korea?
>>
>>736399887
So you're saying that if you break a law, not only should you serve your prison sentence, but you should be beaten into a vegetative coma. Then when you're about to die, the government should dump you outside your mom and dad's house so they don't have to pay funeral expenses.
>>
>>736399887
He was obviously killed by murticans for political reasons. Why would nk kill him if they freed him? How difficult is for a medic to know the death reason for someone? Who would you trust? A murrican or anyelse in the world?
>>
>>736416904
>it's in the bible
>in the bible
>the bible
>bible
nigga did you just go full retard?
>>
>>736416900
They found it on him at airport
>>
>>736400915
Murrica killed him, fag
>>
>>736416748
Except in the civilisedworld we don't balme women's clothing for rape. You really are a dumb piece of shit aren't you?
>>
>>736399887
So we should start doing this to immigrants or people on visas in the US?
>>
>>736413955
>Implying anything is absolutely justifiable

Whole world doesn't revolve around same morals and values.

And frankly I find this whole conversation hillarious.

>Sentence millions of N Koreans for things no one in Us cares about nobody bats an eye
>Apply same rule to a foreigner errybody mad

You want preferential treatment? Equality?

Oh right, you just wanna be a keyboard warrior on Internet.
>>
>>736417132
why don't you go over there and educate those north koreans on proper ways to treat prisoners.
If they have a public execution and they don't kill the extended family they change the family for the bullet you dumbfuck. Its not murricka anymore.
>>
the United States is as hypocritical as they come in terms of forgein and immigration policy.

This is being used as a political tool to keep poeple involved and wage the United States own agenda on keeping other countries from growth.
>>
>>736416748
Stop victim shaming you shitlord
>>
>>736417402
Right and does this make it right somehow?
>>
>>736417156
This. I don't know why anyone is talking about it. Murricans are the obvious killers, they are specialist in killing their own citizens, not only other regime's people
>>
>>736417419
Commie detected.
>>
>>736417347
Isn't that what you already do?
>>
>>736417156
>>736417510
Yeah guys, cause the North Koreans are soo trustworthy
>>
>>736417156
But he was a veggie for 14 months..
Thread posts: 301
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.