[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an ER x-ray tech at a major level-1 trauma hospital,

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 14

File: speargunshotthroughthehead.jpg (7KB, 300x189px) Image search: [Google]
speargunshotthroughthehead.jpg
7KB, 300x189px
I'm an ER x-ray tech at a major level-1 trauma hospital, and I work 3rd shift (off tonight). Ask me anything.
>>
>>735883101
sex.
>>
>>735883101
Salary?
>>
>>735883101
According ti google image search, that pic is a speargun though some guy's head. I've seen something similar.
>>
>>735883315
I make $30/hr, give or take based on night/weekend differentials. Time and a half on holidays and overtime.
>>
>>735883200
Sorry. Meant >>735883382 as a reply to you. But really, this is a bump.

Bump.
>>
is it true you can see penis on x-ray if there is no genital protection
>>
File: John_Thomas_sign.jpg (109KB, 1153x937px) Image search: [Google]
John_Thomas_sign.jpg
109KB, 1153x937px
>>735883753
You can see the outline. It happen on basically every pelvis xray. Fun fact: the penis will almost always point toward the side with the broken femur. Seriously. Nobody is sure why.
>>
>>735883999
>femur
maybe because you are shorter on that side in leg length and or standing more strong on the other leg
>>
I've seen a drywall hammer in someone's head, similar to this one.

Bump.
>>
>>735883101
What is the most messed up injury you have seen?
>>
>>735883101
Craziest thing you've seen shoved up someone's ass?
>>
>>735884444
>>
>>735884471
Quads showing off nice dubs
>>
>>735884308
Most of the patients I have to xray who have broken femurs haven't been standing since the fracture. It would be incredibly painful and/or impossible to put any weight on on a fractured femur. It's also pretty hard to fracture a femur without something really hardcore like a gunshot, a motorcycle/car crash, or being hit by a car.
>>
>>735884477
tripple dubs
>>
Have you ever questioned why the ER nurses do not respect you?
>>
File: YdcPcJo.jpg (241KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
YdcPcJo.jpg
241KB, 1600x1200px
>>735884441
Deglovings always look the worst. Pic related.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Degloving

I've also seen 17 stab wounds on one patient, 12 gunshot wounds in/around the groin, and a guy who was skydiving and his parachute didn't open correctly. His back was "L"-shaped. Not good.
>>
>>735884452
Sadly, I've still never had that patient. I did see a 12 yr-old girl with a D-battery up her hoo-ha, though.
>>
>>735884808
heh... we don't respect them either. It's a fun love/hate relationship we have, but we get work done. Joke's on them. I make about as much as they do.
>>
can a head survive without its body
>>
>>735885229
No. It's not like they even make it to the hospital if that happens.
>>
bump
>>
>>735884946
I've always wondered what causes those. Is it mainly industrial machine accidents? Rings or clothes getting caught up
>>
Bump. Getting shot sucks. I advise against it.
>>
>>735885916
Can you even fix something like that
>>
Have you ever taken x ray pics of your dick inside a girl?
>>
>>735885916
was it painful?
>>
>>735885898
Most of the ones I see are from motorcycle crashes. I'm not sure what the exact physics of it are, but I assume it has to do with something getting pinned under the bike and dragged on the pavement.

I have seen a penis degloving because a guy got hung on the top of a chain link fence, but (I know this sounds weird) it wasn't too bad, and they sewed him back up pretty well and sent him home the next day.
>>
wew
>>
>>735886089
Shit that is fucked up, I've been in 3 motorcycle accidents 2 bad ones. I always wore full race leather though, probably what saved me a huge amount of grief.

Although totally shattered my right clavicle the first one, and broke my left femur almost at the hip the 2nd haha
>>
>>735885990
Yeah. They'll take a piece of your pelvis, put it in a coffee grinder-like thing with some freeze-dried bone marrow/plasma stuff, pack it around the wound, then bind it together and let it heal as well as it can, then go back and put a plate and some screws in a few weeks later. Modern medicine is basically sorcery.

>>735886067
Not my patient (it's a GIS), but I'm sure it was.

>>735886052
No. For like, a hundred reasons.
>>
>>735886291
>No. For like, a hundred reasons.

Is being a little bitch one of those?
>>
>>735886287
Leathers help, I'm sure. The problem with bikes is that you can get thrown a long, long way off the bike, and a helmet and flak jacket aren't going to save you from a broken neck (or clavicle, or femur...). Skipping on the pavement is going to be really, really bad, even if you're wearing leather.
>>
>>735886526
True, getting highsided then landing on my shoulder is what did the clavicle, sliding on my ass and slamming into a guard rail post is what did the femur lol Never got any road rash either time, so I am thankful for that
>>
>>735886291
That is indeed magic
Bless all those nerds studying for two decades
>>
how often do you get people with traumatic brain injury?

How do you treat them?
>>
>>735886362
More like, "that's not how x-rays work."
>>
>>735883101
why is there a needle in that testicle
>>
>>735886628

What do you mean?

Foreign bodies readily show on x-rays. There's like a ton of pics of lodged items in someone's butt.
>>
Can i borrow 40 bucks for gas?
>>
>>735883101
Have you ever taken an X-Ray of somebody only to discover that they had consumed a ton of lead or some other heavy metal? If so, how noticeable was it on the X-Ray? And were the people who had a significant amount of lead in their system noticeably stupid?
>>
>>735886598
I don't get people who ride bikes (no offense). It's usually not even their fault. Somebody in a car blind-sides them and the biker ends up a level-1 trauma while the car driver has some chipped paint on their bumper.

>>735886622
Fairly often. They usually go straight to a CT scan and right up to the operating room, so I don't have a lot of direct contact outside of a quick chest x-ray to see if they can handle the anesthesia. If they survive at all, it's usually because they basically removed the skullcap and relieved the pressure, and store it so they can reattach it later, usually with a lot of brain damage. It's really not a good situation to be in, and they basically never have the same quality of life after that.
>>
>>735886732
lawl

>>735886852
I haven't x-rayed myself, let alone inside someone else. WTF dude?

>>735886868
No.

>>735886881
No. I assume that for it to be visible on an xray, you'd need waaaaaay more than would kill you. You have iron in your blood and blood isn't visible on an xray without some kind of contrast medium being ingested (usually iodine). I've xrayed someone with a bunch of coins in their small bowel, though.
>>
>>735886852
But anon,
>X-Ray see through skin
>penis made of skin
>X-Ray see through penis
>????
>no profit
>>
>>735883101
Have you ever had to X-ray kids? What was the worst injury you've seen on/in a kid?
>>
>>735883101
how many objects inside peoples asses have you personally x-rayed or mri'd?
>>
>>735885307
but can it survive with a help of advanced technological devices?
>>
>>735887097
Um it's called a boner for a reason
>>
>>735885916
so what are these dots
>>
>>735887097
Soft tissue is visible with xrays, but it tends not to be diagnostically helpful outside of general swelling, but you can see that without an xray, just by looking.

Also, to be fair, I've never xrayed an erect penis, so it might be slightly more visible, but generally speaking, the more dense the tissue, the more you're able to visualize it on an xray (think: a femur vs the tissue around it).
>>
>>735887253
i once had a boy 9ish with an absolutely rekt anus brought to me by his father. Odd situation. He told us the boy played with sticks in the garden with other kids. Nothing you can do against it.
>>
>>735883101
If x ray is normal which contain more powerful?

>z ray
or
>A ray?

which alphabet order?
>>
Seen any people growing antlers?
>>
>>735883101
Have you ever had someone who swallowed or inserted a large/several large objects?

In general what are the weirdest things you've seen.
>>
>>735887097

See, now we're talking about the important stuff. What do you have to wrap/paint your penis with so it shows up on x-ray while inside a vagoo?

If you were a proper /b/ tard you'd have a report ready for us with plenty of pics to show of your discoveries.
>>
>>735887395
xray is the group of rays. there are soft (long wavelength) and hard (short wavelength) rays in this group. harder rays produced by higher voltage and being more agressive.
>>
>>735883101
Have you seen surgical instruments left behind in people after surgery?
>>
File: radiation-penetration.jpg (218KB, 1489x1102px) Image search: [Google]
radiation-penetration.jpg
218KB, 1489x1102px
>>735887395
>>
>>735887481
But then what is blu ray?
>>
>>735887546
>>735887395
gamma radiation will fuck your shit up
>>
>>735887640
just a drunk faggot
>>
>>735887253
My hospital is really near a pretty major pediatric hospital, so the children I see as patients tend to be part of a car accident where the parent was driving or something similar, so I don't really xray a lot of kids.

That said, when I was in school, I did a few clinical rotations though said pediatric hospital, but the worst I saw weren't that bad. Usually sports-related injuries, but nothing too bad. I saw a couple of child abuse situations, but they tended to be not all that bad as far as injuries go. More just "that's fucked up" kinds of stuff.

>>735887292
I doubt it. I think there's some Russian scientist working on this who did it with a monkey that lived for a few minutes? I know about as much as you do on that one.

>>735887340
Buckshot. Up close, that shit is really destructive. At a distance, it'll fuck you up good, but mostly your soft tissue.
>>
>>735887640
They're the rays used by bluetooth, named after danish king Harald Bluetooth. It works because he exploded in a blu ray burst and thanks to his sacrifice today the blu ray field exists and allows devices to communicate wirelessly.
>>
File: m1bkFRe.jpg (250KB, 600x762px) Image search: [Google]
m1bkFRe.jpg
250KB, 600x762px
>>735887640
>>
hi X-man, so I wanted to ask you , dis you ever accidentally over x-rayed someone with many many volts ?
>>
>>735887481
>>735887546
>>735887658
Thanks, anons. Summed it up pretty well.

>>735887498
Instruments, no. I have coworkers who have, though. They keep meticulous counts of all the instruments during surgery to prevent this very thing, so it requires a few people to fuck up before it happens. The worst I've seen is one time when I got called into the operating room to xray a patient because they lost count of some forceps, but the xray found they were under the patient.
>>
>>735887976
Nope. I have "blasted" a few patients with more radiation that is typically required, but there are reasons why that's kinda the only way to get a good image (ham planets are a common one but not always).
>>
>>735888186
Well what you call "overblasting" might be a pretty low radiation compared to older x-ray machines. Tell us about your most sexual experience during work with a female patient.
>>
File: firework2.jpg (20KB, 423x600px) Image search: [Google]
firework2.jpg
20KB, 423x600px
I didn't take this. Found it in a GIS, but I've had to xray something similar when a pipe bomb exploded in someone's hand.
>>
>>735883101
Have you ever been called in to assist with surgeries?
>>
>>735888186
thank you, i want to bump the other anon, ever got a quickie in the x-room?
>>
>>735888492
not my business. Would be the same as if a teacher would call in the gardener into the class to do his work.
>>
>>735887448
pure mercury
>>
>>735888392
Oh, it was definitely still less radiation than they used to need to get a diagnostic image even 10 years ago. The issue is when you shoot an xray and it contains the correct anatomy/pathology, but it comes out really grainy because reasons, so you shoot it again with considerably more radiation than you did the first time to get a good image.

I'm very professional because I like my job and don't want to lose it, so the most "sexual experiences" I've had with a patient are when I've seen some boobs/private parts. It's basically never an attractive person when that happens, though.
>>
>>735884471
Is this what pepe looks like degloved?
>>
>>735883101
did you ever fuck up one of the x-rax machines in any way? Like overloaded or something?
>>
Can I get an X-ray shield made into sun-glasses?

It's for looking at my iphone.
>>
>>735888492
I have. It's part of the job, and a part I really like. Orthopedic and vascular surgeries almost always need flouroscopy (basically a live video xray) to limit the amount and size of incisions, and to show bloodflow (with the help of injected contrast media).

>>735887448
It's really hard to xray yourself. The law requires the button you push that makes the exposure to be behind a lead-lined wall.
>>
>>735889010
time to invent some kinda x-ray selfie stick
>>
>>735883101
who determines doses in which cases?

More specifically: does every x-ray done on every patient need the dose checked by a medical physicist and a physician, or do you have standart values (tabulated by patient height/weight/...) you use unless counterindication by physician (in which case amedical physicist and a physician would work out a dose and irradiation pattern)
>>
>>735888870
Nah. I've overheated one before but it's not like it was permanently damaged. It just auto-shuts down when that happens. It was when I had to [try to] xray a 480 lb lady's hip and essentially maxed out the amount of juice the machine would put out, twice in a short period of time.

>>735888875
If you iphone is putting out xrays, you need a new phone. But when it comes to diagnostic xrays, a pair of plain eyeglasses will protect you from 99.9% of the radiation, unless you're directly imaging a skull or something.

>>735888827
Probably. I always imagined his innards would be greener, though.
>>
>>735889101
See, the thing is, I'm not anxious to xray myself unless there is good reason to do so. I've definitely been close to the xray tube while shooting, but I wear a lead apron.
>>
>>735889324
what do you get paid and what schooling did you have to go through to get your job also how much was the schooling
>>
why do you need to close your eyes some times during x-ray
>>
has anyone ever died of overexposure to x ray?
>>
>>735889170
Radiation does depends on a lot of factors, all of which are decided by the xray tech. A simple way to explain it is that you know the type of machine you're using, so you adjust based on the body part you're imaging and the size of the patient.
>>
>>735883101
Have you ever had to give an x-ray to someone with a penis where their butthole should be?
>>
>>735889521
because you don't was the rays in your eyes
ask Steve Irwin he got one to the heart and i bet that didn't feel to good
>>
>>735889528
have you ever had an experience where the machine, out of a 'glitch' or some other factor, tried to malevolently shoot a x-ray while you were too close or with the exposed internals etc ?
>>
>>735889453
I make about $30/hr, after night/weekend differential, and time and a half on holidays/overtime.

School was 2 years plus a semester of prereqs at a local junior college, 40 hrs/week (so it was basically a fulltime job), and cost about $800/semester at my school. Your mileage may vary.

>>735889512
You don't, really, but it can't hurt if you are getting a skull/facial bones/sinus xray. The eyes are one of the most sensitive parts of the body to radiation, and excessive exposure can cause cataracts (basically every Appolo astronaut wound up with cataracts).

>>735889521
The guy who discovered xrays (Conrad Roentgen) died of cancer, and his wife did too, I think, because they didn't realize xrays in large amounts are harmful.

But as far as I know, nobody has died from overexposure in a direct way. It's hard to measure because the main risk is cancer, and cancer might not show up for years after exposure.
>>
>>735889582
Nope. Have you ever even seen someone with that condition without xrays?

>>735889744
No. There are so many fail-safes that something like that is nearly impossible.
>>
File: Wbwk41j.jpg (90KB, 537x622px) Image search: [Google]
Wbwk41j.jpg
90KB, 537x622px
Found on a google image search. I haven't had to xray anything that bad, but the exploded pipe bomb was close.
>>
>>735889521
not OP, but you (rather, the targeted tissue) can die to overexposure on the spot. You just need a dose high enough such that cell death induced by radiation is faster than cell regeneration. Keep up the irradiation for some time, and bam, necrosis.
>>
>>735890072
No. Everyone that I've seen with that condition were also suffering from xrays.
>>
>>735890433
Pretty much. Diagnostic xrays are waaaaaaay far down on the spectrum of harmful radiation. Radiation therapy used to blast tumors (literally, enough radiation to kill tissue) is really harsh, but even it's not a direct threat to life or limb. You need intensity on par with a nuclear reactor or insane gamma rays from space to outright kill you.
>>
>>735890525
Sounds fucked up. If I had seen something like that, you can bet I'd tell people about it.
>>
>>735890607
yeah, and in cases of radiation therapy, the step it, allowing the surrounding tissue to regenerate (faster) before the next blast.

Though, there are some cool tricks for radiation therapy with upconverting nanoparticles and IR: attach nanoparticles to cancer cells, blast with IR, nanoparticles upconvert IR to UV/XUV, since high energy source is very close to cancer tissue, it mitigates the damage on surrounding tissue, since highest absorbtion probability is near the source.
>>
>>735890798
Yep. Or they'll implant a few tiny beads of a radioactive isotope pretty much inside the tumor to shrink it to operable size. I see this a lot when I xray a male pelvis because it's pretty commonly used to treat prostate cancer, and the beads show up on an xray.
>>
>>735885898
Yeah. Lathe accidents are notorious for degloving...
>>
File: gulpWeiner.jpg (27KB, 616x345px) Image search: [Google]
gulpWeiner.jpg
27KB, 616x345px
>>735883999
So, that hot girl who took an ex-ray of my pelvis last year knew how small my dick was? Hah, unlucky
>>
>>735891089
I've never witnessed one where the skin was just *gone* but I can imagine how an industrial lathe could do it. All of the deglovings I've seen still had it attached, by at least a thread.
>>
>>735890607
what does it mean for you that the molten Chernobyll reactor, flowing through the coolant pipe after meltdown and solidifying in the basement below in 1986 ... <<the radiation level on the ”Elephant’s Foot” was measured at 10,000 roentgens per hour>>.
>>
>>735891236
She sure did. Is this some kind of fantasy for you, where she sees your tiny dick and mocks you for it?
>>
>>735890364
I assume shit like this can't be fixed, right?
>>
>>735891274
It's ionizing radiation, but the uranium in a nuclear reactor puts off alpha particles, which is highly reactive because they're super-high energy and can be absorbed by almost anything. Xrays aren't particulate (they're EM radiation), so they have to have more complex interactions before they harm tissue.
>>
File: beggs.jpg (70KB, 666x496px) Image search: [Google]
beggs.jpg
70KB, 666x496px
>>735891368
Fuck no. You're right to assume that the way /b/ seems to be headed, but not that kind of degenerate, my man. Girls who know how small your dick is don't give you a chance. Foot in the door is the only chance when you're hung like a field mouse.
>>
>>735891529
I assume not. But those sections bone are pretty large, and I could see how somebody might try. The soft tissue is probably too fucked up to allow any bloodflow, though. Without bloodflow, there's nothing you can really do for it.
>>
>>735891623
ty, is it a scary number to a technician ? how massive/ ridiculous , etc is it
>>
>>735891774
I'll put it this way: In a long-ass orthopedic or vascular surgery, it's not uncommon to be exposed to 5-10 mGy of radiation. 10,000 Roentgens is roughly 88,000 mGy. It's so much radiation that I have a hard time quantifying it. It's like trying to imagine the size of the Milky Way galaxy--you have a number, but it's so big that it's hard to comprehend.
>>
Have you ever even been so far as to do want more like?
>>
>>735892055
Nice. On that note, I'm going to bed.

>'night /b/.
>>
>>735891959
wauw
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.