[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some assistance. Some motherfucker is trying to scam me

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: fraud.jpg (12KB, 320x236px) Image search: [Google]
fraud.jpg
12KB, 320x236px
I need some assistance. Some motherfucker is trying to scam me into giving him a refund. Normally I don't have a problem with people asking for a return, but this one pisses me off. I have a no return policy so that people don't try and pull crap on me, specifically scammers that think they can lie and/or swap products like I'm a fool. However, if someone gives a real reason and are honest I pull back my policy and do a return. The no return usually scares away scammers.

To put things in perspective I keep my products in pristine condition. I treat everything I own as if it was someone else's and I was going to sell it at any time. So when something leaves here it's 110% functional and looks brand new.

This fag (pic in next post) is trying to lie and swap phones on me. I know for a fact because I was using the phone the day I shipped it because I still needed to transfer files between it and my new one. I also had a Verizon store rep check out the phone because I was planning on trading it in for bill credit on my new one. Yet this fag has the audacity to tell me it's defective as if I'm mentally retarded enough to believe that.

tl;dr : How can I stop this scamming fag from getting a refund? I think I still have some pics of the phone in functional condition before I shipped it.
>>
File: LyingFaggot.jpg (865KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
LyingFaggot.jpg
865KB, 3840x2160px
>>735745414
Pic Related (OP)
Also, it's not like I sold the phone for some ridiculous price either. I sold it under market value at a loss, I was selling it to offset the cost of the new phone.
>>
>>735745414
Show the pictures of the functional phone and show him your no return policy.

Put your foot down OP
>>
>>735745414

Let him hire an attorney $ and try to sue you. Doesn't look like he has a case. The legal cost will outweigh the loss.
>>
>>735745615
The problem is that he's saying there's an audio problem. Something I can't really show anything against. I didn't think to record the phone's audio. So it's basically his word vs mine.
>>
>>735745414
>>735745580
this: >>735745615

Also, make him specify what "does not play music correctly" or "talk louder" means. It's too unspecific and may just be how this model works.
Another thing is to make him go and have another carrier rep or service guy check out the phone and confirm the issues.
>>
ive been fucked by ebay a dozen times, let me help you w/ this faggot.
>>
>>735746092
>make him go and have another carrier rep or service guy check out the phone and confirm the issues

That's a really good idea, I'll tell him he has to get the carrier rep to shoot me an email or a signed and written letter as proof. It can work

>>735745998
That was my first thought, but I'll make that my final option.
>>
Ebay always sides with the buyer. I was cheated by so many people on that site it isn't even funny. Thats why I stopped selling shit on there. On a positive note I learned how to cheat sellers and get free shit every few months
>>
>>735746692
That's what I'm worried about. Ebay says I need to settle the dispute by the 15th which is short notice af considering the fact that I didn't get any email about it and I had no idea he filed for it until I happened to have opened my PayPal account to see what was wrong. He would have gotten away scott free if it weren't for my blind luck.
>>
Its sad to say but there isn't much you can do.. I have 2500 feedback on ebay and every so often you get taken.. Its part of the game. Oh god its a bad feeling when someone takes your shit isn't it? LoL
>>
Compare the imei, you do keep records of your products serial numbers correct?
>>
>>735747711
Yep, told him to send it to me in a pic and vid. I'm not going to let him get over on me that easy.
>>
>>735745414
You looking at this personally, or as a business?

There's a critical difference.

Business: give him a full refund and a voucher to spend on your shit in the future. It's good business and will likely pay off in the end.
Personal: we bury a family member. Maybe threaten him during the act a bit.

Those are your paths.
>>
Dude he already won.. He is keeping your shit and getting a refund.. Now bend over
>>
And your getting a negative feedback
>>
You cant, ebay will side with the buyer because to them buyers are more important. you know that so just issue the refund and get over it. If your really triggered you can make him wait but its going to end in a refund either way.
>>
BOOM
>>
I think you should email him and apologize for trying to sell a broken phone.
>>
>>735745414
Some nigger from Detroit tried to scam me by initiating a return on an iMac. Delete every fucking card and bank account off pay pal and dispute the refund.
>>
>>735745414
Send a complaint report about him to ebay, through the same system.

Make it sound very professional.

"This user is attempting to defraud me, and obtain a refund for something that fulfils the description.
If this persists I will have no alternative but to contact the police as this is a case of fraud. This matter can then be dealt with in a court of law.
I have photographic evidence of - bla bla bla".

State everything as fact, do not use any personal language. Offer to provide various forms of evidence.
Parcel receipts, with weight shown, photos and witnesses.
>>
>>735745414
tell him to fuck off.
>>
>>735748293
Nope, I'll take him to court if I have to.
>>735748276
This is bad for business. To start I already have a no return policy, so if he didn't really want the phone he should have went to another seller. It's not like I charged him market value either. I charged him well below what others were selling it for. I would have been a little more cooperative if he told the truth, but he's flat out lying.

At the end of the day I have a no refund policy, the phone is exactly as described, and he agreed to that when he bought it. I'm not giving this fag a dime and 'd rather pay a lawyer and force him to lose money, then counter sue for him wasting my damn time.

>>735748745
or a lawsuit
>>735748719
I'll take a digital thumb over losing my money and getting a swapped phone any day of the week.
>>735749083
That's the plan. He's not getting my money.
>>735749318
I will tomorrow depending on his reply. If he doesn't cooperate I'm not going to deal with it.
>>
I would contact the Police the FBI the CIA and the DEA
>>
Don't ask 4chan for advice you wanker
>>
>>735749474
Most of the time, when these people see a serious message and the words "fraud" and "police", they shit themselves.
They know their address is up there, and these kind of people are usually dishonest across the board, meaning they really don't want police anywhere near them.

Also consider deleting all bank info from paypal like that other guy said. That's plan B.
Dispute it though.
When you send a report about it, he will see the message and that's what it is really for.

I did it when one cunt tried to scam me in a similar way, saying it never arrived or something.
I mentioned attempted fraud, and the police, and he retracted within minutes.
>>
>>735745414
Do you know the IMIE number of the handset?
>>
Why do you keep communicating with him? Stop responding to his emails and mark them as spam.
>>
>>735749395
this.
>>
Your money is already on hold and your not getting it back..
>>
He is keeping your phone because you are an easy target.. What else do you have?
>>
>>735749318
This. Do exactly this. Dont let people take your fucking money wtf. Id just go ahead a file a police report right now. Then you can send Ebay a copy and let them know they will be sued for endorsing a scammer.
>>735745414
>>
Ya sue Ebay
>>
>>735750274
This. I wouldn't file it immediately, but set a time limit.
Announce that if it is not retracted you have no choice but to report the matter to the police for fraud and they can investigate it.
You can add "within two working days" to add pressure.
Remove all payment details if he doesn't back down after the first day.
Then make it a matter for the police or small claims court. Ebay can eat shit.
>>
All this for a fucking flip phone
>>
>>735749474
Also, make things happen quickly.
There is a very short time limit on these open cases, perhaps a week.
The criminal will likely try to draw things out.
So better post the report right away. There is no reasoning with these people, they know exactly what they are doing.
Post a formal report to ebay, mention fraud and police.
Next day if it isn't retracted, delete all payment methods.
Then file another complaint to ebay, stating that as he hasn't responded, you have no choice but to report him to the police for fraud.
Before the week time limit is up, report scammer
to the police.
You have his home address etc.
>>
>>735750274
>>735750619
>>735749867
>>735751070

How does this sound? "This user is attempting to defraud me, and obtain a refund for something that fulfills the description given. If this persists I will have no alternative but to contact the police as this is a case of fraud. This matter can then be dealt with in a court of law. I have photographic evidence of the product leaving my facility in complete working condition as described on the product's page. None of the 'defects' given by the seller existed when the item was shipped. The problems given are vague and appear to be falsified. The buyer has provided no evidence to support their claims."

I'm filing a buyer report as we speak.
>>735750941
Nah, It's a Galaxy S6 Edge+
>>
Hire Dog the Bounty Hunter!! That Fucker will get your phone back
>>
Ya that will work...
>>
>>735751177
Sounds good man.

When did this start? Today?
If so, wait one day for a response then post it.
If it has been longer than just today, post it right away.
Don't have time to wait around
>>
File: 1497359108660.jpg (2MB, 1420x2345px) Image search: [Google]
1497359108660.jpg
2MB, 1420x2345px
File a Ic3 FBI report and provide it to ebay theyll usually bow down in your favor
>>
Write all in caps that will SCARE them
>>
Tell him it's fine and that he can get a refund upon return of the phone, provided that the phone is in the same condition returned as it was when you sold it.

Buyer will be stupid enough to return the phone via post: oh dear... Lost in the mail, did you even post it Mr fagbuyrer? I'm going to require proof of postage.

If they have a tracking number for the item: this isn't the item you returned... Why did you return a pencil case Mr fagbuyrer? I'm calling the police! This is fraud!
>>
>>735751177
dubs

Good luck man.

Remember, next step - before the time is up, wipe your paypal bank details completely - don't let any money leave your account.
Then the police can deal with the scumbag.
>>
>>735751956
The main flaw with that plan is that ebay doesn't give a crap. Sellers have to wait to get their money, buyers get it immediately as it appears as received.
>>
>>735751846
also if you allow them to return the phone and they return the wrong one its a violation of the interstate commerce act since he committed fraud through state lines.
>>
>>735752085
Then again, thinking back, I'm not sure if the money is in your account yet - until a time period passes after the sale.

might be of no use to delete the bank details. someone else clarify this.
>>
>>735751846
Not a bad idea.
https://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx
>>
>>735752375
I've already got the money, I never keep cash on PayPal for reasons like this.

I think PayPal has a policy where they go back through and use the oldest known account in your history though.

I can simply tell my bank to do a chargeback though. I've never used it in my life so they should chargeback with minimal hassle.
>>
This snowflake get over the fact that someone just cheated him out of a phone! Deal with it
>>
If you have a no return policy and clearly state that the item is used and it's being sold as is he doesn't have a leg to stand on. Tell him the sale is final and if he continues to pursue the issue you'll have no choice but to get the authorities involved and report him for attempted fraud.

If for some reason you end up taking the phone back and giving him a refund make sure to compare the serial number. If they don't match up you can take him to court and destroy him.
>>
>>735752809
He is dealing with it you fucking weakling.
>>
>>735746071
If you have no return policy it was sold as-is.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.