[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Went to USA recently, and I was shocked at how cheap houses

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 295
Thread images: 47

File: maxresdefault.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
Went to USA recently, and I was shocked at how cheap houses were.

Anyway, basically found out, then make them out of fucking WOOD.

You know when they have a storm or whatever, theres always millions of dollars of property damage? Its because they build them out of fucking wood....

Seriously america what the fuck are you doing.

we make our fucking sheds better than your houses. Why don't you make proper buildings?

Even like 6 bed mansions are made out of fucking plywood and plasterboard.

Pic related; large american house

how we make fucking sheds in the UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP67MAoihZk
>>
File: Under-Construction.jpg (209KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Under-Construction.jpg
209KB, 1024x1024px
holy shit your build your buildings like a treehouse.
>>
fuck it gets worse.

This is like a fucking 4 story apartment building, garage and everything, and it looks like its made of matches.
>>
english house under contruc for comparison.
>>
File: house-construction-1452456.jpg (469KB, 1300x995px) Image search: [Google]
house-construction-1452456.jpg
469KB, 1300x995px
im so confused. is it like a cost thing?
>>
>>735486247
Depends where you are in the country. Anywhere with threats of hurricanes and shit have much more strict building codes. Otherwise wood frame houses are more than strong enough and the risk of a tornado every 100 years isn't worth building them from concrete.
>>
>>735485670
Is... is this not normal? I swear I'm going to go insane in burgerland.
>>
File: eco_block.jpg (57KB, 600x561px) Image search: [Google]
eco_block.jpg
57KB, 600x561px
You know what's even worse?
They don't have bricks. In Europe we have tons of different designs for different purposes but in the states they have those hollow concrete blocks or 1800 style full bricks
>>
>>735486568
Dude Europe only gets tornadoes every 100 year, the US gets them like every month, yet Europe has proper houses whereas the US had matchstick houses, like wtf?
>>
On the west coast bricks and stone will get fucked up when a big earthquake comes.
>>
OP is a double nigger
>>
File: hotdog.png (1MB, 999x809px) Image search: [Google]
hotdog.png
1MB, 999x809px
>mfw I've been building my home out of sticks instead of bricks
>>
FUCK YOU!
My house has wheels
>>
this is basically a gore thread for EU people
>>
>>735488780
No it won't fucker. It's more durable.
If that we as the case Japan would build their houses with branches.
>>
>>735489039
Tru
>>
>>735485670
Video is "How to build a really SOLID shed". So basically the title implies that he isn't building a normal shed. That's like saying how to cook really fried potato chips but that's stupid because normal potato chips are fried in the first place. So one UK guy building an exceptionally strong shed and advertising it as so, doesn't mean that's how typical sheds, let alone buildings are built elsewhere. Kill yourself. Who the fuck cares? Most houses stand up fine. Houses are built on need and cost. Everywhere I've lived features a typical wooden frame design with NO structural damage due to it being made of wood. Wood is strong as shit considering. Metal and brick houses aren't as easily repaired, insulated, or modified.
>>
i dont get it why u are this upset. in europe we built our houses out of wood aswell. i mean at least before the egypts. so we now know at what cultural point the US is right now.
>>
Guess you have to build it to withstand Islamic attacks. We don't have that problem in America. Enjoy your refugees and no guns eurocuck
>>
wood is just fine when you build it right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BigK9H4rmf8
>you nitwit cock gobbler
>>
File: Honeyview__IGP8182.jpg (871KB, 2046x1370px) Image search: [Google]
Honeyview__IGP8182.jpg
871KB, 2046x1370px
Even filthy gypsies have brick horses in Europe.
Let that sink in America
>>
block can be fine too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryvnUur4TDM
>btw you're welcome for America doing the heavy lifting of finding more and better ways to improve life and living.
>>
Do they build new houses in Europe or just rotate families into old ones that have been there since the 1600s?

America is all about that cash. Quick easy cash. Of course the houses are made out of wood. Much cheaper and easier to build with.
>>
>>735489541
Gypsy homes in the Southern U.S.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f-bU1_wl_w
>>
>>735485670
I think sbout that shit all the time and i just get so pissed that i was born here
>>
>>735488755
There are only specific areas of the US that get slammed with tornadoes and they have building codes with wind ratings, structural integrity standards and everything because of it.

>>735488438
This is just plain full retard. There are plenty of brick houses in the US.
>>
File: pepe sides.jpg (66KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
pepe sides.jpg
66KB, 540x534px
>>735485670

There's a Reason for this that most dont talk about.

Planned Obsolescence.

Its understood in the economic community that because of infinite expansionism that any land can be redeveloped into something "better" either by selling it up to a commercial project or a high dollar condo.

Houses are only designed to last 20-40 years because its believed that by the time they start falling apart - the person owning it will either get Imminent Domain'd or they'll sell the land to someone who will redevelop it into something else.

Farmer or estate sells some of his land to get Subdivided into a Residential Neighborhood.

20-30 years later that Neighborhood gets bought up by a developer who decides to open up a Shopping Complex of some kind.

Or they initiate building a hot new 4 story Apartment Complex that costs twice as much to live in... which raises property values in the entire neighborhood.

Its jewconomics but there you have it... thats how things work in the united states.
>>
>>735489780
Go suck euro dick, faggot.
>>
File: 1494195426252.jpg (59KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494195426252.jpg
59KB, 655x527px
>>735489917
>goyim dumb enough to buy suburbia houses that all look the same
>>
>>735489131
Japan do make their buildings out of wood.

Look at the pagoda. Now we have steel, but they still love tradition over there. And the sway design in their larger wooden buildings has been utilized in their steel sky scrapers as well, to withstand natural disasters.
>>
>>735489917

That is, if you make it out of cheap recycled shit, you can keep charging higher prices for that cheap recycled shit out at the lumber yard.

And when it comes time to tear down the house later for the next construction project, itll be easier to tear it down and those materials can be recycled again.

And it keeps the construction budget for making a house cheaper too since you know you're only planning on it to last 40 years tops.

Americans don't live in the same house all their lives anymore. They just move.

They don't keep the same jobs until retirement either, unless they started out more than 20 years ago. Countless companies will screw you on retirement benefits by finding reasons to fire you just 2-3 years before you hit retirement. And you Never get raises at jobs in the US anymore... you just go and find a higher paying job.

>>735490014

They care more about whats in the neighborhood and what features the house has. Like a patio or pool in the back yard.
>>
>>735485670
OP is jelly he will never have a giant laid out living room with glorious strong wooden beams spanning across the whole
>>
>>735485670
It gets worse. In Chicago there is a building boom of residential high-rises, with towers usually around 20 - 50 stories, that are made using steel beams much too flimsy for the weight of concrete floors, but dressed up when finished to look like the glass curtain walled structures of old that are solid as bridges. They're built to 3rd world standards, but with 1st world cosmetics.
>>
>>735485670
Yes, your buildings are built to last ten thousand years and that's nice and everything, but... I went to a Switzerland and the houses had walls 14" thick made out of stone.

You know how expensive that shit is? Not just to build, but to maintain, to renovate, to knock down and renovate, to bulldoze down and rezone?

We build 30 year homes. After 30 years, they're junk. After much longer than that, no one likes the outdated place anyway and wants to tear it all apart, or rip the whole neighborhood down and put in a strip mall. And you know what, we make $$$ every time they do. It's quantity over quality, on purpose, anon. Its how we put the most amount of people in houses, where they can be taxpayers and fund our military, instead of apartments which don't generate shit for tax revenue. It's how we keep whole populations in place, instead of having them feel like they can wander off anywhere. It's how we can employ millions of unskilled, uneducated people cheaply in lucrative construction and development jobs instead of having them suckle at the welfare teat.

Cheap disposable wood homes are the key to US economy as much as cheap energy. If done right with sustainable forestry, we can even ensure a cheap, endless supply of wood, whereas stone just destroys the country to extract and leaves a big toxic hole someone has to pay to contain.

Architect.
>>
File: Wing_Fort_House_02.jpg (1001KB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Wing_Fort_House_02.jpg
1001KB, 2816x2112px
>>735489917
Wing Fort House is a historic house at Spring Hill Road in East Sandwich, Massachusetts.

The house was built in 1641 and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

>a house lasts as long as it's cared for in general. It's easy to blame others or poor craftsmanship for your own fucking retardedness
>>
>>735490219
I think this is for niggers and feminists and eliteist professor class. I'm fine with that building collapsing.
>great idea if you think about it. build shit tier building, sell for lost of money to people you hate, go bankrupt before it collapses, profit.
>>
>>735488780
True, that's why every time Mexico gets hit with a quake their buildings crumble and kill everyone, bc theirs are still concrete and stone, versus ours, which don't anymore, because we spent billions after the SF quake learning how how to build them as only semi-rigid structures capable of handling dynamic loads without catastrophic failure.
>>
Its for jobs.

If you make things to last in the US it gets rid of a ton of jobs.

First of you need more skill to lay brick and concrete.
A monkey can make a house out of wood. They have prepaired layouts that the crew already knows so they can make a house in about two weeks because they already have the measurements in their head.

If a hose is sound it will never need repairs so no contractors would be ever needed so there goes all those jobs. No sheetrock plywood or any other shit that instantly brakes os going to sell anymore so there goes those jobs.

Its because the US NEEDS shit to constantly brake so they can make jobs for it. The more shit that brakes the more jobs there are to fix them.
>>
>>735485837
construction worker here.
it does not escape me that we build our houses out of sticks and mud.
Granted, 2x4 are pretty straight, as sticks go, and sheet rock, bricks, and mortar are very specific kinds of mud that is meticulously prepared, but when you get down to it it's still sticks and mud.

But that's not even the best part.
STUCCO is literally just styrofoam with mud on top of it. We just finished a dentist's office whose entire exterior is mud-coated styrofoam trimmed with "decorative" styrofoam "beams" with a wood-grain veneer to make them look like true-cut 8x8 wood beams which would actually have been cheaper according to the GC. I've always mocked people who put really strong high-security locks on doors with big glass windows, but making the exterior out of styrofoam is a whole new level of stupid.
>>
>>735490457
almost forgot, sell stock in insurance companies and buy law firms that will get paid in the ensuing lawsuits.
>>
>>735490458
Even then brick, stone and block are retardedly cheap in mexico not to mention labor. You can build the equivalent of a 150,000 dollar house in mexico for like 20 or 30k...
>>
>>735490516
non homeowner detected.
>>
>>735490609
yes because mexico is shit tier and no one wants to live among the corrupt and lazy wetbacks.
>>
>>735485670
Wood is cheaper and easier to get in America whilst in Europe stone is more plentiful and cheaper.
>>
>>735490624
I actually own 4 houses here in the states and a few in mexico. And land.
>>
>>735489917
lol I just wrote almost the same thing pint for point.

It's predatory, but it wouldn't be if it didn't work so well.
>>
>>735490527
Sorry to say but you aren't a construction worker, if you were you'd know that exterior walls aren't constructed with 2x4s.
>>
>>735490744
right.
>>
>>735490679
Really? Is that why i sell houses in mexico for a retarded amount of money to Americans who want to live in mexico?
Look outside your window, this isn't the 90s anymore.
>>
>>735490516
>brake
>brakes

Retard.
>>
>>735489780
Nobody is forcing you to stay. Go see how much "better" it is somewhere else
>>
>>735490765
Sorry to say, but you're neither a psychic nor a detective.
You are correct that the exterior walls are 2x6, but I never said the exterior walls were 2x4. The only comment I made about the exterior was the silly styrofoam.
(20 year electrician, btw, feel free to quiz me on NEC)
>>
>>735490609
True. Land is the tricky bit. You can buy some, but you have to live there full time and risk your life, or pay the cost, to defend it. I have friends and a boss that own land that they haven't been to in 15 years since shit got ugly and the ownership was basically taken by manifest destiny.
>>
>>735485670
wut
>>
>>735490845
>i sell houses in mexico for a retarded amount of money to Americans
i sell houses in mexico for a retarded amount of money to *some* Americans
not all americans are smart.
>>
>>735490805
Some people put their money on real estate instead of a bank.
>>
>>735490609
Us:
>why we don't build everything out of concrete and stone
You:
>cost of construction and living in general is cheap
That's not what we're talking about anon.
>>
>>735491050
right
>>
>>735490220
I detect the hand of the jew
>>
>>735486247
yes, its a cost thing. General Contractor here, wood is relatively cheap because theres so much of it here. Most residential buildings are made out of wood. Commercial is more commonly steel or tilt up concrete
>>
>>735490960
I dont think you know what you are talking about man. Mexico is pretty safe as long as you dont mess around. Just like everywhere else. Dont fuck with trouble or trouble will find you.
>>
>>735489131
japan doesnt have enough wood you fucking idiot
>>
How is $200,000 for a house “cheap”?
>>
>>735487415
What the fuck is "is... is"? You fucking f.... Faggot.
>>
>>735490458
Not really, houses in Mexico have steel structures to make them more flexible. And even if they fail in an earthquake it's still cheaper than repairing wooden houses all year.
>>
>>735491024
Right, some Americans can affor it. Some cant.
>>
>>735491120
But it is. Its the reason why you dont build with stone and brick.
>>
>>735490679
>mexico
>wetbacks

do you even know what you're saying? mexican wetbacks can't even exist in Mexico by definition.
>>
>>735491509
with a small loan of a million dollars
>>
>>735487415
eurocuck detected
how does that daily muslim rape feel like?
>>
File: image.gif (968KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
968KB, 245x245px
>>735485952

In England they have to make their houses more bomb proof than we do here in the ol U S of A.

I really like the look and style of your cement tomb Nigel, Trying to keep Achmed from finishing what Adolf started?
>>
>>735490765
>never once said that
Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired.
>>
We have lots of cheap lumber. Besides, very few buildings of any material are going to survive an F5 hurricane.
Also, it's not like buildings can't be built out of those materials if you wish. It's an issue of choice, and most people choose to buy bigger houses built of cheaper material.
>>
>>735487415
Your faggot as will never leave your house.
>>
File: image.jpg (136KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136KB, 1280x720px
>>735489541
Those kind of awesome houses exist in America too. This thread is just well bong'd b8 m8.

Also refugees welcome.
>>
Inwould very much like to see the structural integrity of a stone house in a california 6.5 earthquake or larger. the wood buildings bend and dont crumble... then agin they only last 100 years not like the 500 year old appartment in lisbon i used to live in
>>
>>735491509
Are you poor or something? 200k is a pretty standard starting point for anything on a standard quarter-acre lot and most other places outside of the trailer park.
>>
>>735489751
when a Muslim family needs a house move the native European family out. that way they don't look racist. Sometimes the European wife stays so Muhamad has an extra hole to cum in.
>>
>>735485670
Are you this cucked that you have to point out American building styles to make yourself feel smug?

What a shame and to think your ancestors used to conquer moslems.
>>
>>735491800
50%
>>
>>735485670
no wonder their carbon footprint is insane, hardly any insulation.
>>
>>735485670
Not to mention this is a country with termites.
>>
>>735489039
EU isn't Europe dumb fuck
>>
>>735491509
200k is fucking dirt cheap for a house. Anything less is in Niggerville or Meth Valley.
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 640x640px
>>735490220
I have several homes in my neighborhood that are wood and over 100!years old and people still live in them happily.

This thread is a waste of time. Simon over here started the thread because he's mad at America for not helping him remove kebab and his sister probably got raped (again) (3rd time this week) (brexit)

WELL YA KNOW MY NAME IS SIMON, AND I LIKE TO DO DRAWRINGS!!
>>
>>735490516
You are unbelievably stupid. There are so many things wrong in your statement that I'm not sure where to begin. "Oooh, let's build a house that falls down after thirty years, then we can build a new one." If this was a decision based on planned obsolescence then the time to that end is far, far too long for a single entity to profit on. That is not capitalism. Everyone in this thread is an idiot.

Stick framing is done all around the world and is so much more efficient that brick or stone. Electrical - runs easily through a framed house, Plumbing? Same thing. I can change what I want simply and easily with stick framing. Cost, flexibility, availability all are components of stick frame housing. Let's see how cheap and easy it is to put up a roof with stone. Flying buttresses anyone? OP is a troll, but most of you are complete fucking, 12 year old idiots. I don't even know why I'm correcting you bunch of chimpanzees.
>>
>>735492171
>Paying off "your" house for 35 years.

I work with guys in their 60s who still make house payments.

>Bu.. butt its my house guiz i swear its minee, i mean yes i pay every month for it but the title has my name on it guys i swear its my house guys ;_;
>>
>>735492312
Where the fuck did you get that bullshit?
>>
>>735489751
USA didn't exist in 1600 so you won't have houses that old. Get some culture fucktards
>>
>>735485670
If you have central heating and air conditioning you can afford to make homes out of wood.
>>
File: image.gif (323KB, 192x256px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
323KB, 192x256px
>>735490960
You mean eminent domain retard
>>
>>735492708
Stay away from St Augustine
>>
>>735492728
If you're poor.
>>
>>735485670
Carpenter here. Yes made out of wood. Anything over 3 floors needs sprinkler system. Wood is cheap. Codes are pretty decent though. In the northeast we install hurricane straps. We have tornadoes in NY but very rare and hardly last long or does damage. It's actually the winter snow loads that cause the most damage. Hurricanes only create flooded basements. Believe it or not wood frames are actually stronger than steel and block. Wood is flexible and can take lots of stress before failing. Steel and concrete are too stiff and are brittle, these types of medium can literally shatter and fail in a devastating way under load. If I wanted to, I could build a wood frame to withstand almost anything short of a massive cataclysmic event. At that point your house is the least of your worries. Bad points about wood is moisture, rot and fire. You gotta really be able to isolate the wood from the elements. OSB sheathing is some of the flammable shit I've ever seen. That include TJI joist systems and trusses. They nice and light, easy to install, but man, one fire and the whole floor or roof will collapse on you in an instant. Conventional 2x's are the best thing. They will take a long burn and still hold its structure and give you plenty of time to escape. Couple that with Sheetrock and fire retardant insulation and lots of fire blocking, you'll be plenty safe.
>>
>>735492728
wut?
>>
>>735492171
Prices vary wildly from region to region. You're literally wrong.
>>
>>735491800
it probably would take a bomb to knock down my house, but i bet your house could be defeated by wind
>>
>>735490896
I'll feel free to quiz you on why you fukkers never tidy up after yourselves, you're worse than fukkin plumbers and why you charge so fukkin much for tightening a few terminal screws, fuck me, if you can wire a plug you can wire a house, fekkin sparkies.
>>
>>735490896
I heard they discovered a cure for cancer, but its almost impossible to collect because its very rare. I think its called electricians sweat.
>>
>>735492533
better to rent from the bank and eventually own than to rent from some jew for a lifetime.
>>
>>735492902
or German air raids
>>
as a former working with insulation.

americas logics are we dont insulate cause its so warm. and when its cold they turn on the oven and shit.

thats also why its so cheap over in that fucked up part of the world.

insulation keep heat heat and cold cold, whatever..
>>
File: image.gif (2MB, 360x228px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2MB, 360x228px
>>735492708
Meh in New England there are houses from the 1600s I live here. You need to go to summer school Brayden.
>>
>>735492944
kekked heartily
>>
>>735492902
Where I live code demands the homes be able to withstand 130mph sustained winds minimum
>>
>>735492984
Orrr, you could actually build your house and not pay off anyone. Orrr you could pay your house off in 5 years. Orr you could just build your house.
Do you know some people are so afraid of putting a little bit of elbow grease that they rather pay someone for 35years.
>>
>>735492533
This guy gets it. Hence my plan to build my very own solar powered cardboard box. I guess I can’t blame you retarded humans to ‘dominate’ a place you don’t own by reserving the right to shit in it.
>>
>>735490309
Yup, modern conventional frammed houses can last literally forever if isolated properly from the elements. The wood is kiln dried and heat treated. Over time wood hardens and becomes stronger.
>>
>>735492911
Well, to be fair, they're arrogant little fuckers because everybody else is afraid of getting electrocuted. But you are correct, once you learn how - and it's really not that hard - then they can piss off. But if you use the wrong size wiring with the wrong amp breaker = fire.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 800x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 800x620px
>>735492902
Cement also stifles the desperate screams/moaning in ecstasy from Muhammad burying his sandy prick in your mom.

Can't beat that sweet cement!
>>
>>735489131
>Japan would build their houses with branches

that's precisely what they fucking do
>>
>>735492533
This >>735492984
>>735492899
Not if you're counting where most people live.
>>
>>735485917
thats a beach cabin, not an apartment dummy. Its built high in case of a hurricane so the water doesnt reach the main house
>>
>>735493249
that's pretty good i suppose
>>
>>735485670
Psst hey.... faggot.
In parts of the country where it storms more guess what. We make our houses out of concrete.
>>
>>735490765
Um actually you can build exterior walls with 2x4. 22 year carpeter here. 2x6 was implemented for insulation purpose only. Not strength. Since then it's become common practice to insulate outside and inside of a structure hence eliminating the need for 2x6 if you desire. It's not done often but is allowed, even in the northeast
>>
>>735492984
>Better to rent from the jew and eventually own than to rent from some jew for a lifetime.

M8 you will die shortly after you own it.
>>
>>735493317
You still have to pay for the materials and the land retard
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 612x612px
>>735493317
>Elbow grease

Holy fuck Jayden, kill yourself now please so you can stop being the reason for societal demise.

Stupid fucking halfwit generation. Learn about life before opening your Mountain Dew rotted mouth.

Licenses/codes/skilled labor.

What is things almost no homoeowmer has when buying a house.

>I'll just watch how a guy builds a house on YouTube.

I'd kill you with my bare hands of you were in front of me right now.
>>
In Europe, you build a house out of relatively expensive materials like rocks and shit. 50 years later, it's old as fuck and worn out but then you just put a new lead roof or whatever on it because it's still considered a newer house.

In USA, we build a nice new house out of cheaper materials. It's very spacious, modern, clean, up to building codes, etc.. 50 years later, it's old as fuck just like the European house. Instead of just dealing with it and putting a new lead roof or whatever you do to fix up antique buildings, we just tear that shit down in one day, and build a new one over the course of a few months. Seriously, like 3-4 months, done.

American single family homes are always nicer than anywhere else in the world.
>>
>>735489541
Of course, in America you can afford to build your own house.
In Europe you can't, so you're stuck trying to cram 17 people into a 400 year old two-bedroom house with a thatched roof.
>>
>>735493501
You're talking out of your ass. Go on Zillow and compare houses from Massachusetts to houses in Alabama.

Kthx
>>
>>735492911
It's a licensed profession so they can charge more. Also plumbers and electricians are the biggest cry babies and pre madonnas
>>
>>735493745
>YouTube academy DIY guys
I loved those guys when I was doing HVAC work. They would turn a $30 capacitor replacement into a new $3,000 condensing unit.
>>
>>735493976
Neat
>>
>>735493683
Its still a lot cheaper m8.

>>735493745
I actually bought a burnt down property and re built myself with help from a few friends here and there. The seller didnt mention it was up for demo and i made the mistake of not looking into it so i know all about codes and regulations.
STILL a lot cheaper than buying it outright. It took a while yes but it did get finished and it was a lot more affordable.
The labor is for monkeys. Its really not that hard man.
>>
>>735493391
>But if you use the wrong size wiring with the wrong amp breaker = fire
Only if you overload the circuit.
but yeah, I've seen some bad shit wiring in my time
>>
>>735492534

yeah, european here and that is bullshit

it only happens in western europe
>>
>>735494094
I think you're overestimating the work ethic and enginuity of most people.
>>
>>735490527
That's called EIFS when you're working with foam, not stucco. Stucco is cement you dumb fuck
>>
File: 952699.jpg (4KB, 240x184px) Image search: [Google]
952699.jpg
4KB, 240x184px
eurofag here

I just researched this shit and can't believe what I'm seeing. Almost all US houses are made out of matches? what the actual fuck?

Every house in Germany and the UK I've ever lived in, been to, looked at or even heard about, is made out of bricks - absolutely all of them. Anything more substantial than a small shed is solid bricks - including garages and whatnot.

After reading through what you guys are saying, it seems US citizens have a very strange mentality about home ownership. How the fuck can you build a fucking house and be totally fine with it falling apart in 20-30 years?

Anyone in Europe expects his house to outlast him. They are investments, both time and money. You take care of it so you can enjoy living there and sell it for a higher price if you decide to move locations.

This way, you don't loose your money - you invest it into a home.

Building a house out of sticks seems so backwards to me. Sure, apparently it's way cheaper, but all of that money basically rots away just like the house will.
>>
I work fixing up older homes.
1. Since theyre wood, repairs are quick and ez. Good luck repairing an old stone building.
2. Hurricanes and tornados only happen in specific regions in the country The country is huge. The place is called tornado Alley for God's sake. I live in a hurricane prone zone but worst I've seen in my life is some blown shingles.
3. Mexico has shit ton of block and masonry. It's hilarious when the ground shakes over there as it's prone to do and they all run out in PJs at 4am waiting to see if it will crumble. Look at Italy, whole village fell to the ground recently and many died . Wood is very strong and flexible in that respect, worst u get is some cracked drywall but that won't kill u if it falls on ur head.
>>
>>735493629
this guys got previous, I remember stick framing 2storey houses with 4x2, cripples at openings etc , 4" wool packed in and regs are happy
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1136x640px
britbong OP BTFO.

Good job shitting on his b8
>>
>>735490516

Have you ever witnessed the anger of the good shopkeeper, James Goodfellow, when his careless son has happened to break a pane of glass? If you have been present at such a scene, you will most assuredly bear witness to the fact that every one of the spectators, were there even thirty of them, by common consent apparently, offered the unfortunate owner this invariable consolation – "It is an ill wind that blows nobody good. Everybody must live, and what would become of the glaziers if panes of glass were never broken?"

Now, this form of condolence contains an entire theory, which it will be well to show up in this simple case, seeing that it is precisely the same as that which, unhappily, regulates the greater part of our economical institutions.

Suppose it cost six francs to repair the damage, and you say that the accident brings six francs to the glazier's trade – that it encourages that trade to the amount of six francs – I grant it; I have not a word to say against it; you reason justly. The glazier comes, performs his task, receives his six francs, rubs his hands, and, in his heart, blesses the careless child. All this is that which is seen.

But if, on the other hand, you come to the conclusion, as is too often the case, that it is a good thing to break windows, that it causes money to circulate, and that the encouragement of industry in general will be the result of it, you will oblige me to call out, "Stop there! Your theory is confined to that which is seen; it takes no account of that which is not seen."

It is not seen that as our shopkeeper has spent six francs upon one thing, he cannot spend them upon another. It is not seen that if he had not had a window to replace, he would, perhaps, have replaced his old shoes, or added another book to his library. In short, he would have employed his six francs in some way, which this accident has prevented.
>>
>>735493129

>insulation keep heat heat and cold cold, whatever..

lol? properly done insulation keeps the house warm in winter and cold in summer

its called passive house and is quickly becoming standard for new construction in europe
>>
>>735493745
Some of the best houses I've seen have been built by complete novices, they tend to do everything perfectly cos they really don't wanna get it wrong, builders on the other hand tend to cut corners cos they know what they can get away with in structural terms
>>
>>735488780
What does it feel like to be an oblivious American?
>>
>>735493869
>4,871,547
Alabama population
>6,794,422
Massachusetts population

There are more people in MA. 1/8 of the country lives in California alone. I know that Texas has some cheap housing, but what about in its major population centers? And are Florida and New York, the next two most populous states, cheap?
I've lived in Pueblo, CO and Shelburne, VT, so I've seen a range of housing prices.
>>
>>735489197
Everyone building a shed wants it to be solid. Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>735494232
It takes will man. You think i didnt resort to YouTube videos when i was stummped. .. it wasnt easy but i wanted to actually own a house.
>>
>>735493914
yup, still.... if a sparkie pisses me off I creep up behind the fucker and fire the paslode just as they reach into the consumer unit, had a few walk off site and refuse to return after I've done that , cunts all of em.
>>
>>735489420
Bait not even worthy of a .jpeg
>>
>>735485952
every house in florida built to hurricane standards
posting from within a cinder brick mausoleum, as pictured
stay britbong
>>
Wood is much more energy-efficient and cheaper to heat and cool. It's why fuel is so cheap in the USA, why our air and environment is much cleaner than Europe's, and why the USA is so much richer than you Europoors still living in your stone-age cave houses.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 500x412px
>>735494276
OY GUVNAH YOU BLOKES ER LIVIN IN MATCH HOUSES YOU DONT SAY.

OY I SHOULDNT LIKE TO LIVE IN ONE OF THOSE THERE WODDEN HOUSES 'FORE A WOLF MIGHT BE IN THE TOWN!

PLEASE DONT TAKE ME LAST GOOD FORK, MATE I DONT WANT ONE OF THOSE MISGUIDED SANDY FELLOWS TO 'ARM ME WIFE!
>>
>>735494276
>How the fuck can you build a fucking house and be totally fine with it falling apart in 20-30 years?
Because they don't?
t. lives in 220 yr New England house
>>
>>735494462
yeah, it's a pain in the fukkin ass to build, I long for the old days before zero carbon target hit the industry
>>
File: 1496604126175.jpg (47KB, 536x536px) Image search: [Google]
1496604126175.jpg
47KB, 536x536px
>>735494443
lol keynesian protectionism still makes sense when the shoes and books are made in china
rather employ a window repairman and torrent the ebook
problem solved randfaggot
>>
>>735494879
how much of that house was rebuild/renovated/replaced over those 220 years?
>>
>>735489917
Yeah in Europe we havent seen a lot of jewconomics since somewhere a few years before mid 20th century
>>
>>735494879
seriously, britlogic:
>wood
>5 year half life
>>
>>735495066
Yes and say the wall cracks in a stone house, which is easier to fix.

You're making my point for me.
>>
>>735485670
Has chance to escape tiny island, chooses Anerican. Admits homes are big and cheap. Doesnt realize wedont have the constant moisture that would rot wood. Bitches. Tragically unhappy soul. Goes back to tiny hovel on tiny island, eats rabbit, laughs at country of pleanty. Feels better. Dresses in drag, gets with bisexual with gnarly teeth. Fuckin Mericans. Dies in terrorist attack. Muslim mayor says, No big deal. Shiite happens.
>>
>>735488755
Dude you're wrong. In New Hampshire where I live now the houses are made primarily out of wood. Down in Florida the house material is much different they are all made out of concrete, the housing in the North is a lot different in the south where there are hurricanes and shit
>>
>>735494094
It is cheaper yes, but a 300k home has probably 120k cost in materials + the cost of land+ there are things you cant legally do yourself without a license+ permits + excavation etc. Are you telling me you are gonna go dig out a basement by hand? Do you have 200k in your pocket?
>>
File: 1494174101292.jpg (45KB, 550x557px) Image search: [Google]
1494174101292.jpg
45KB, 550x557px
>>735495066
usually just the facade and plumbing
nice try
lived in a 125 year old wood house for 5 years of my life
mfw its still 2x the size of british shoeboxes
but enjoy the blast shielding, bong
>>
>>735494561
Not the dude you were replying to but feel free to look at the pictures from the Loma Prieta earthquake in 1989. Unreinforced masonry has zero flexibility. When the ground shakes, that shit falls down - and hard. By code, no unreinforced masonry structures are allowed in California earthquake zones because that shit kill people. Research first, then spew you stupid bitch.
>>
>>735493858

"In Europe you can't, so you're stuck trying to cram 17 people into a 400 year old two-bedroom house with a thatched roof."

Prove it. You can't
>>
>>735490309
dude we dont get earthquakes and tornadoes. shit, half of the state is barely even affected by the local hurricanes. basically any structure is going to last longer in Mass provided there isnt water damage or termites
>>
Houses in areas where tornadoes are frequent are usually buff as shit. I've heard of tornadoes hitting "tornado-proof" neighborhoods and essentially destroying nothing but the garden and the homeless population.
>>
File: scruffy.jpg (283KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
scruffy.jpg
283KB, 640x638px
Soup guys. Amerifag here. I have always been bothered by this fact too. Especially since when i was younger i had a paralyzing fear of tornadoes. There are still some buildings made from bricks and stone. Hell most of those that are, were made way back in the day. Nowadays there are some buildings made with metals and stone. The vast majority however are made from wood. I can only imagine this has something to do with American based lumber companies and the relatively cheaper cost of the building materials. It cost less, takes less labor, and time to build suburbs out of wood. A lot of cheap wood homes had to have had popped up during the housing market boom several years ago. That doesn't account for all of them, but I am sure quite a few were produced during that time.
>>
>>735495339
>>735485952
there you go
house size of 2 car garage because land is stupid expensive on your floating muslim insane asylum
>>
>>735495141
... the walls don't crack - bricks are made of stones. You really can't crack those unless you drive a truck into them.

What actually does crack is the plaster on top of them, which maybe leads to the appearence that the "wall" is "cracked" (if you never lived in an actually brick house), but that's almost as easy to fix as it is to paint a wall
>>
File: 1494608167988.jpg (10KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1494608167988.jpg
10KB, 351x351px
>>735495508
>paralyzing fear
fag
>>
>>735495339
sorry buddy but you kinda can if you disregard the obvious exageration in his claim
UK has the most cramped living conditions in europe, our houses are fucking tiny, just check out the floor areas as a start
>>
>>735495551
>>735495677
couldn't have said it any better
>>
>>735495196
Why would you cuck yourself to building a 300k house?
If i have to build out of sticks and carboard im not spending over half of that.
>>
>>735495604
you know fuck all about construction pal, subsidence will tear a brick house apart in a couple of years and it's common as fuck for brick houses built on clay subsoil to crack like fuck
>>
>>735495196
And as i said before i bought a burnd down house. Foundation was intact and ao was part of the main floor. There are opportunities like this everywhere.
>>
>>735485952
smaller than my garage.
>>
>>735495288
I'm the dude. Dont respond to shitty bait.
>>
>>735495986
>shitty bait
>well articulated and evidenced anecdotal data
lol go back to school
>>
>>735490516
>Being this stupid.
Hey fucktard. Do you really think brick and concrete Mason's don't work off of measured drawings (plans. Formerly "blue prints")?
The fuck outta here with that.
>>
>>735495827
I just said that materials were 1/3 of that you crooked toothed retard. Thats the value of the home after it is finished.
Tldr; read more
>>
>>735495955
>Smaller than my mom and dads garage

Fixed it for you.
>>
File: 1492480869291.jpg (9KB, 241x274px) Image search: [Google]
1492480869291.jpg
9KB, 241x274px
>Wooden Houses
>>
>>735495508
Actually pressure treated lumber will last against weather longer than anything Britain has, they're just too pussy to spray copper-arsenic and phosphorus on their wood because they're "afraid of cancer" fucking pussies.
>>
>>735495604
>bricks are made of stones
Please tell me more about construction materials. This is very entertaining
>>
File: 1492481110948.png (291KB, 435x465px) Image search: [Google]
1492481110948.png
291KB, 435x465px
Americans are fucking insane, end of.
>>
>>735496337
lol
>>
>>735495604
I think if you drive a van into them it would crack them too.
>>
>>735494752
Thanks for the idea!
>>
File: 1386815266692.jpg (49KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1386815266692.jpg
49KB, 500x375px
The best is to have a concrete and brick foundation with the house fully bricked around modern wooden construction with steel support sections as needed per design. Anything else means you're poor. LOL vinyl siding.
>>
File: winkdoge.jpg (39KB, 309x180px) Image search: [Google]
winkdoge.jpg
39KB, 309x180px
>>735495651
Thanks for the reply anon.
Here you may have one as well newfwiend.
>>
File: 1473834717879.gif (2MB, 347x466px) Image search: [Google]
1473834717879.gif
2MB, 347x466px
OP is just bruce lee who will never ever go back to china.
>>
File: 1496608377847s.jpg (4KB, 250x166px) Image search: [Google]
1496608377847s.jpg
4KB, 250x166px
>>735496377
ill take insane over stupid any day, bong
>>
>>735491800
WOW THAT ESCALATED QUICKLY!
>>
File: BruceLee.jpg (345KB, 960x800px) Image search: [Google]
BruceLee.jpg
345KB, 960x800px
>>735496566
>>
>>735495899
>>735493317

My response was to your first post. Where you said to build your own house
>>
File: tumblr_mk6xb6cyfS1qcphvho1_500.jpg (236KB, 500x670px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mk6xb6cyfS1qcphvho1_500.jpg
236KB, 500x670px
>>735490309

Why does that look more modern and sophisticated than 99% of buildings in England?
>>
>>735494276
I dunno what houses you're talking about but wood frames can last several hundred years or more if isolated properly from the elements. I just disassembled a 1780's farm house. Thing was solid as fuck and no nails or glue. I can only image how much longer my new frames will last.
>>
>>735489917
>USA
>old houses are bought
>a company is paid to destroy house and clear land
>another company is paid to plan/build new house/building with newer building codes/features
>lots of money is exchanged, feeding the economy, and providing new house/business owner with new building

>UK
>old as fuck houses are bought
>new family lives in their "new" old house with outdated/unsafe plumbing, electrical, heating systems
>only the jew realtors make any money
>muh brick and mortar

and the UK system is superior how?
>>
>>735494276
I just bought a 60 yo house and the wood is in perfect shape. Wood gets hardened over time. Did you know that?
>>
First, im a licensed general contractor in california, so i have knowledge of this.

wood frame is much better for earthquakes than stone or concrete. wood frame is actually better that concrete or cmu construction in almost all cases.

structural steel hardware is engineered to tie the building together in such a way that it wont collapse in an earthquake or tornado.

foundation holddowns (google simpson hu-7) are placed along the foundation to tie the foundation to the wood frame.

sheer transfer is applied from the foundation all the way to the roof trusses to tie the entire structure together. (google simpson ltp4 of a35)

earthquakes hit on the u.s./mexico border all the time and mexican concrete shit kills people and california buildings are fine.
>>
>>735495066
I don't know. I'm not 220 years old, and I've only lived here for a year. The house in which I grew up was built 40 years ago, and it's made of brick.
>>
>>735486568
Why are you proud to have houses made from cement rather than wood? Our houses are fine, great even, and cheaper, and easier to build with wood. I would rather we use hempcrete, as it is less wasteful and damaging to the environment. We need trees for air. Not as much as we need healthy oceans though. Moving to hemp fuels and *truly* biodegradable hemp plastics will help drastically with that. As well as hemp power, so we won't have anymore radioactive spills, oil spills, or garbage islands in the oceans
>>
File: 00013.jpg (54KB, 598x449px) Image search: [Google]
00013.jpg
54KB, 598x449px
>>735485670
duh. how did you expect it to be 10 times cheaper than in Europe.
>>
>>735496730
blacked.brick
>>
>>735496524
I can debate most of those points as a carpenter. Steel beams are brittle and have shit flex load compared to wooden beams of the same strength rating. I've seen I beams shatter. Wood is very pliable. Any stone product over wood will rot the wood due to water penetration. Bricks and concrete absorb and hold moisture constantly. vinyl siding is shit but doesn't rot and is low maintenance
>>
>>735496169
wait, who are you replying to? I'm the one that quoted Loma Prieta.

>>735495986
was replying to me, replying to an idiot.

You're confusing me.
>>
Wait what?

Isn't the wood just used as a frame for the house? Then the bricks are used as the outer layers. At least, that's how it's done in Australia.
>>
>>735494777
The trips of falsehood.
How is this bait? Isn't this correct? You have tons of Muslims, and problems because of it. Also, you are not allowed to have guns. It's not bait, it's just an unpleasant reality on your end
>>
>>735497476

But that's how all the houses here look. It makes me sick.
>>
>>735497749
In some cases, vast majority of the time it is just wood covered with vinyl siding
>>
don't wooden houses creak like crazy? that would damage my mental health
>>
>>735497579
you have no idea, jet fuel can't melt steel beams
>>
>>735489760
ugly AF tho
>>
>>735489420
lol, nice comeback. i'm not even mad
>>
>>735497940
not at all, drywall screwed every 6 inches on the inside and lathe on the outside tie the whole thing together to make it silent
>>
>>735485670
Kek
>We build better sheds than you make house
>post YouTube video where guy builds shed out of wood
>>
>>735485670
i know, right?
U know who lives in houses made of wood? Birds.
Fuckin usa animals
>>
>>735485670
they are called McMansions because they are cheaply built and don't last more than 70 years. On top of that they come with a high maintenance bill because of the wooden and cardboard material the use.
>>
https://youtu.be/xP5MfjW9TuU ''
>>
>>735489197
The guy made it out of wood as well
>>
>>735496337
> contains chemicals
> known to the state of california
> to produce cancerous posts

I wonder why they put that label on shit when they know thats not going to have a national effect.
>>
>>735489420
Win
>>
>>735497168
Mexican people don't have enough money to maintain a stupid wooden house. Even a well made earthquake resistant steel/concrete house could be cheaper than a wooden house.
>>
>>735489780
GTFO Then France will take you just say Trump grabbed your pussy
>>
>>735493914
>pre madonnas

It's prima donna retard
>>
>>735499240
He could care less
>>
>>735498794
They just want everyone to know California, has "Less Cancer" supposedly.

It's like - California wants me to know I'm building my house with cancer, spraying for bugs with birth defects, snorting crushed up blood clot medicine. Soo annoying.
>>
>>735498794
California is like Texas. They kind of just want to be their own country
>>
>>735494276
Fuck you and your troll caves!
>>
>>735499468
We're just simply advocates for legal drugs. Everything else is just a drug fueled rant. It's easy to misunderstand from the outside looking in, but everyone here knows what's up.
>>
>>735491800
>bomb proof
every1 will just attack u during storms and tornado seasons. Weather will ruin u and the invader will claim u easy
>>
>>735500177
>Doesn't have an idea of how big America actually is.

>Doesn't realize we have debris all along our borders after bad weather giving us natural defense lines that are hard to traverse through.

Yes, come.
>>
>>735491381
Love how the person talks about fucking people over like all of us Americans are rich, my family's shared my great grandmother's house since the 50s and she's still alive and so is this house. Lived in a house from the 70s as a kid and that shot was falling apart.
>>
>>735501284
japanese came and u lost 1 harbor and u cried
and u dont have trashwalls on the borders
>>
File: bait.jpg (20KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
20KB, 625x626px
>>735501558
>>
>>735485670
North American houses need to be able to flex in the winter. You could make them out of steel but thats way more expensive.
>>
File: OPHearsSound.gif (384KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
OPHearsSound.gif
384KB, 300x167px
>>735485670
Don't know much about construction, eh OP?
>>
>>735501558

>Flew some airplanes over a couple of boats in a harbor. Th-th-that counts as landing on continental US soil!!

>Look at tornado.
>>
A nice brick structure is great because when the refugee sets off his explosive belt, the blast does minimal structural damage.
>>
>>735501819
>we r winning against isis
>trump said we will in 30 days of his term
>>
>>735485670
And that's how they can afford decent size properties whilst we in the UK make do with shoe boxes
>>
>>735495151
kek
>>
>>735494443
Well said. What's this from?

I was never quite satisfied with the explanation that the economy is good so long as money is circulating.

Finally, I realized that money is merely a place-holder of value. Whenever money changes hands, something of actual value is exchanged in the opposite direction.

If you only study the flow of money, it never makes sense. It's never created or destroyed. It just goes around in circles. What does it mean to "waste money?" It always goes to someone else who will spend it on something. Isn't that good?

But on the opposite side of the equation is the flow of resources, goods and services. When you replace the question "Is this a good use of money?" with "Is this a good use of resources?" you see a lot of shitty economic theories fall apart.
>>
>>735497302
how is building houses from wood less wasteful and damaging to the environment when you dont save any space from it and you cut down the fucking trees
>>
https://youtu.be/xP5MfjW9TuU da
>>
>>735492171
200k will buy a new 2500 square foot house on about an acre here in the adirondacks.
>>
File: poolhouse.jpg (81KB, 634x436px) Image search: [Google]
poolhouse.jpg
81KB, 634x436px
>>735485670
We make our pools out of concrete.
>>
>>735485952
Have fun losing your house to an earthquake, britfag.
>>
File: Jeremy-Kyle-teeth-MAIN.jpg (78KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Jeremy-Kyle-teeth-MAIN.jpg
78KB, 1200x630px
>>735485670
>>
>>735503177
I design 2500-5000sq ft homes for idiots who still live in the 1980s and think bigger must be better. It's funny bc they're owned by their house, not the other way around, and by the time they realize the extent of it, they're fucked.
>>
>>735503177
>here in the adirondacks
...where there are no jobs. Cross Champlain and see what 200 gets you.
>>
>>735504260
What's the ideal size of a house for a couple and one kid anon
>>
>>735504366
A canvas pup tent. Scratch that, a burlap sack with a couple rocks in it and a fast moving river.
>>
>>735504260
That explains why most of the personal bankruptcies in the US are from middle class multiple homeowners, and not poorfags. The banks happy to sell you some shit you can't afford, bc the bank gets to repo it and resell it again in the end, when it's worth more anyway kekity.
>>
>>735489420
Fuck yea anon. Your post has made my week
>>
>>735489780
Go to Europe then shit dick. Be happy until Mohammed runs you over in a semi truck
>>
>>735504267
about the same. I owned a 2200 square foot house in south burlington when I went to UVM that was 225.
>>
>>735492476
USA isn't America either
>>
>>735485917
You. Are. Fucking. Stupid. Wow.
>>
File: wilmore2before.jpg (85KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
wilmore2before.jpg
85KB, 720x540px
In spite of the memes, most American homes are actually full masonry brick.
>>
File: IMG_0137.jpg (528KB, 950x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0137.jpg
528KB, 950x720px
>>735504366
1200sqft. 800sqft +400sqft per person. If you need more than that, you are a sucker. Unless you live in the country and have a couple horses on the lower level to keep warm through the winter. Then you should go big. And invade Poland.
>>
>>735485670
The US still has room to build houses everywhere. Along with most of the country having decent weather all year round, there's no need to build with anything but wood.

In my area, upstate ny, you still see people building on the outskirts of already decent sized cities.

I'm guessing land and cost, like you said is exactly it.

There's also a lot of solid 100yr old houses in the cities that will last for another 100 years. Many are well built. Most are not for cost I think. Mainly because theres no need to spend more.
>>
>>735505337
>most

lol not in half a century since the big brick companies shut down, due to being btfo by cheap timber
>>
>>735503631
>Have fun losing your house to an earthquake, britfag.

I have no words
>>
File: 1121.jpg (421KB, 600x556px) Image search: [Google]
1121.jpg
421KB, 600x556px
all those gypsies and their brick horses
>>
>>735505391
lol I live in an 1800 square foot apartment with just my dog. I couldnt live in anything smaller than 1350ish, I have too much furniture and guitar shit and exercise equipment.
>>
>>735505524

Solid brick homes were the most popular way to build all the way up to the 1970's. A majority of the existing housing stock in the US is brick.
>>
Fucking brits are poorfags too, who the fuck builds from bricks? Nigga, we use concrete, if you use concrete your house will look a lot better and also the walls will be smooth.
>>
>>735505452
where in upstate?
>>
>>735505763
315 /b/ro u?
>>
File: stone-concrete-home.jpg (165KB, 1200x625px) Image search: [Google]
stone-concrete-home.jpg
165KB, 1200x625px
>>735505718
Concrete is masterrace
>>
>>735505816
>>
>>735485670
Hey, hey you, UK fag..

How does it feel knowing that the average middle class UK citizen qualifies for our lower class? Stop being poor.
>>
>>735505816
glens falls. I dont know where 315 is. moving to buffalo in a month.
>>
>>735485670
Wood grows back, stone doesn't. Dumb shit
>>
>>735505938
Cuse? East here
>>
>>735503631
this level of stupidity
>>
>>735506019
315 is Our capitol mein nigger
>>
>>735506054
Pls be bait
>>
>>735506201
518 is albany. I would know, I grew up there and live 50 minutes away, within the same area code.
>>
>>735495604
Bricks aren't made of stone.
>>
>>735494443
it is a good comment, but misses the point. The original comment talks about jobs, not circulation of money. And for those, the opportunity cost rarely holds: if you were to not work in an "useless" industry, chances are you wouldn't be working in an "useful" one, but you'd sooner be unemployed.
>>
>>735504135
>>
>>735505903
Too many entry points for velociraptors. . . would not buy.
>>
>>735495099
Its starting though, before you were legally obligated to design a structure that would last 50 years without maintenance, now its been reduced to 30 years with 50 years only if it was keep upto A+ maintenance. The eurocodes were also changed in 2004 so that engineering firms could use a lower risk factor, usually it was 2R now its 1.2R in most cases
>>
File: poly_700x500--upscale.jpg (82KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
poly_700x500--upscale.jpg
82KB, 500x500px
>>735485670
>>735485670
you know whats even worse? When you see what looks like a concrete building exterior. Like pillars or decorative stuff... Its usually made of styrofoam and sprayed with stucco!
>>
>>735485670
Tyvek must have a fucking monopoly on... whatever the fuck that stuff is.
>>
>>735488755
>Dude Europe only gets tornadoes every 100 year, the US gets them like every month, yet Europe has proper houses whereas the US had matchstick houses, like wtf?
Faggot, the eurofucks cut down all their trees. If they had trees, they'd be building houses out of wood the same way we do.
Besides, at least we don't use bamboo and trash-filled concreter like other people...
>>
File: 1492787402779.png (11KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1492787402779.png
11KB, 420x420px
>Be Burger
>Move to place called "Tornado Alley"
>Build house out of matchsticks and polystyrene
>"H..How would this happen?! I have to rebuild my home!"
>>
>>735488755

if you honestly think bricks are going to stop the destructive force of a tornado you are sadly mistaken
>>
>>735508044
>>735508044

vid related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pot7UI5SLb8

doesnt matter what the house is built out of if you are in the path of a tornado
>>
>>735508044
Brick houses in a tornado generally just get the roof torn off while the walls still stand.
>>
Most new houses are cheaply constructed, but I would rather build a timber home than brick, especially being on the west coast.
>>
File: Liberashitbag.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Liberashitbag.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>735485670
We can afford to have wood in our houses unlike you, who have a country full of Muslims likely to fucking explode at any fucking second.

Whats it like living in a fucking bomb bunker and living in fear every day?
>>
>>735492911
>why you fukkers never tidy up
What, the copper clippings? I usually don't have to worry about cleaning those up because there's always some crackhead going around picking up all the copper anyway.
>if you can wire a plug you can wire a house
That only applies to romex jockeys. Commercial and Industrial electricians are a whole different thing. Wiring a plug doesn't really help you with bending conduit, installing bus duct, FACP, and so on.
>>
File: 1497039216876.jpg (227KB, 680x794px) Image search: [Google]
1497039216876.jpg
227KB, 680x794px
>>735508414
>>
Brick houses don't make sense in NA.
Just like wood houses don't make sense in EU.

The problem is multifaceted.

>Logistics
>Cost of material
>Access to the land
>1000 year old property rights vs property rights that are barely 100 years old.
>encroachment

OP is just stupid nor does he understand how the world works.

It's also a fine troll.
>>
Fuck off Brit fag
>>
>>735508139
I don't understand... Like clearly the walls at the end were safe from the "tornado"
>>
>>735496730

because a lot of houses were built because of the Industrial Revolution where factory owners built these terrace houses to easily house their employees. Modern UK housing does not look like this.
Thread posts: 295
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.