[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most woke/intellectual thing you've ever

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 33

File: shittylensflairmeme.jpg (94KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
shittylensflairmeme.jpg
94KB, 540x304px
What's the most woke/intellectual thing you've ever come to realize/understand?
>>
>>735387016
You're a fag.
>>
>>735387016
Life would be better without all the niggers.
>>
You're going to die no matter what you do, and you have no idea what comes after that no matter what.
>>
>>735387016
It don't matter
None of this matters
>>
>>735387077
Check'd
>>
>>735387016

maybe liking traps is a little gay
>>
>>735387016

Carly Simon can't tell us who "You're So Vain" is about because it would ruin the point of the song.
>>
That what you think or do will be forgotten with a generation unless it's some massive advance for mankind. Oh and our opinions and the shit we scream about on fb and other social media is extremely likely to be ignored by the people in power. We may think it matters and we are important but no that's a laugh. Last one is in the timeline of society and earth we are insignificant our life times a mere flash
>>
>>735387016
Nothing matters. It's all subjective.
>>
True advancement of society is impossible because people hate (do not care for) people outside of their social sphere and humanity is self destructive which in reality is fine
>>
File: 1495155588742.gif (1MB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1495155588742.gif
1MB, 500x375px
the hypergeometric universe.
We are building a portal to Equestria and you fags will be blown the fuck away when Princess Twilight Sparkle, Equestrian Ambassador to Earth is addressing the UN
>>
>>735387016
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams
>>
Rubbing my dick is funny
>>
>>735387016
That you guys all might be fake and I'm living in the matrix but I won't ever know
>>
>>735387016
Things so woke I can't even put them into words or they would turn into lies.
>>
>>735387016
I hate most of the people I see on a daily occurrence.
>>
That people who say "we don't matter" talking about powerlessness and weakness are all cases sour grapes.
>>
>>735387016
Aliens are real and have been visiting earth throughout our history. All major governments/politicians/people in power have been aware of this since about the late 40s. They're not overtly hostile but they're not benevolent either, they've been responsible for deaths and disappearances and higher ups are aware of this too but refuse to disclose because of the panic/people realising they can't do shit to stop it/etc. The US government has put plenty of satellites in space with the intent of deterring them but it doesn't really work most of the time. We know next to nothing about them except that they can be dangerous and that there appears to be different species and groups of them, some of which are thought to be in conflict with each other. We've reverse engineered technology we've recovered from some of their craft and that's partly responsible for our technological boom in the past few decades but we're not even close to working the majority of it out. Some of their technology is somewhat understandable to us, as in, it's like our conventional technology only far more advanced, while other stuff seems to be in the realm of fantasy it's so far beyond our understanding. The difference might be between different groups or races as stated before, with some being far more advanced than others. Humanity has had no official communication or dialogue with any of them, despite attempts.

That's about all we know.
>>
If you think that the Truth can be known
From words,

If you think that the Sun and the Ocean

Can pass through that tiny opening
Called the mouth,

O someone should start laughing!

Someone should start wildly Laughing -
Now!
>>
>>735387016
Everything I believe is bullshit, too. It reflects how I see the world...not the way things really are.
>>
>>735387016
https://discord.
--------
gg/ctagmQE

black people are dumb
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 581x581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 581x581px
>>735388792
From a poem by Hafiz. Here's the whole thing.
>>
>>735388786
And how do u know it all? From youtube secret video clips? Just die already
>>
Our minds exist seperately from our bodies, maybe even in some borg of human existence, ideas are shared notions between minds like gateways between souls. With LSD you can see the journey, the distance between this plane of existence and the one that holds an almost ephemeral state of nonexistent combined ideology, your mind becomes an instrument that songs to your body and you can learn to play it. You can see the ripples in existence as nonexistent things change the passage of space an time, how the idea that I want to stay in this room will completely change reality around me. You start to see nonliving things with auras relative to their effect on the realitive to the effect they have on you. Weed now has a consistent hallucination for me. It stands out in a room like a glowing, breathing lump of moss, I pick it up and it looks like a ring of praying mantises wiggling between my fingers and reaching out with long wispy arms from my bowl. My own hands radiate like a barbecue on a sunny day, like I can see my own aura. Rooms I've been in more often feel like nests and new rooms feel cold and unsheltered. LSD is a godsend.
>>
to respect your parents, regardless of anything.. respect your parents
>>
>>735389663
How is LSD godsend if it was found by scientist u fukin refugee from planet of the apes
>>
>>735389551
Work for the RAF. It's pretty common knowledge in most airforces too (loads of sightings, etc). We're never officially briefed and the issue is never talked about formally but it's pretty well known.
>>
>>735388181
On my birthday, I watched a news clip about the four black teenagers who abducted a tortured a mentally white retarded boy who came from the city I grew up in, I saw a number of threads here calling them "dumb niggers" and worse. But when I saw their faces in their mugshots, I didn't feel hatred towards them. I saw them as human, and realized that they could only do these things because they failed to see someone else as human. They are far outside my social group, but I cared a great deal about them. I still do.

You can't control what other people do and do not care about. It's a mistake to try, because when you fail, you can convince yourself that their lack of caring represents the "status quo" and it is your job to change it. You can control what you care about. And you should.
>>
>>735389805
God told him to invent it.
>>
>>735387077
dubs of truth
>>
4chan is shit
>>
>>735389663
>ephemeral state of nonexistent combined ideology

Sounds like the name of an indie band.
>>
>>735389942
Fuck off fag. None of the squadrons I worked in ever talked about this. Only the most retarded of the airmen would say dumb shit like that
>>
>>735388054
everything matter s
>>
>>735389761
And if they didn't respect you, understand that they are human, too.
>>
File: IMG_20170610_224609.jpg (65KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170610_224609.jpg
65KB, 720x304px
>>735387016

We are all a spark of the divine. That we will never truly glimpe the Ultimate Reality without enlightenment as afterall, we shape our own reality. We do not truly know the laws of reality. The Universe in itself is not a thing but an idea. Everything in the universe is interconnected and has its own purpose. There's not a single misplaced grain of sand in the universe, it is all a part of the grand scale. The meaning of life is to live it, it is a journey that we must go through and death is for us to truly appreciate that journey, for us to understand our realm and move on to the one beyond. Never be afraid of the unknown for it may be what you have been seeking your entire life.

Also OP is a massive faggot.
>>
>>735387016
It doesn't matter.
>>
>>735390289
Nothing else matters.
>>
>>735387016
Voting is a means of making the population think they have a voice, without actually giving them one.
>>
>>735390271
You're talking total shit. Every single airman or civilian pilot has seen at least something, got told stuff from their friends when they talk about it in private, etc. Have to deal with this shit every single day.
>>
File: 1496936879253.png (376KB, 1588x713px) Image search: [Google]
1496936879253.png
376KB, 1588x713px
>>
File: tard.gif (480KB, 493x342px) Image search: [Google]
tard.gif
480KB, 493x342px
>>735390459
>Claims every RAF personnel has seen aliens
>"You're talking total shit"

Piss off fag, stop lying about your career.
>>
You are a fag for using the term "woke"
>>
>>735390650
R u 12?
>>
>>735390650
You're literally just putting words in my mouth because you don't know anything. They haven't seen aliens, they've seen lights, blips on the radar, been told not to talk about stuff, etc. Literally all of them at one point or another, and many do anyway. It's the worst kept secret in the history of mankind.

Shut your whore mouth.
>>
Everything that's ever happened is nothing more than a reaction to a previous event. No one is on control of anything; the part of you that makes decisions was molded by environment/genetics which was something you had no control over. Humans, along with all other life, are noting more than a chemical reaction (including consciousness).
>>
>>735389805
The bible was written by a man, scientists can also find your mom at the side of the road for 10$, also a godsend
>>
>I've been waking the spirits of millions more to come
>A million illegally downloaded my truth over the drums
>I believe in the children, listen to the kids, bro
>If the phone ringing, go and get your kids ho
>Brother Don Muhammad told the minister about the presentation
>He sat back and smiled
>Black on black lies is worse than black on black crime
>The Jews share they truth on how to make a dime
>Most black men couldn't balance a cheque-book
>But buy a new car, talking 'bout how my neck look?
>Well it all looks great
>Four hundred years later, we buying our own chains
>The light is before us brothers, so the devil working hard
>Real family stick together and see through the mirage
>The smokescreens, perceptions of false reality
>Who the real owner if your boss gets a salary?
>I am one with the people
>I am one with the people, real
>I've awoken from an enlightened man's dream
>Checking Instagram comments to crowd-source my self-esteem
>Let me not say too much or do too much
>Cause if I'm up way too much, I'm out of touch
I'm praying a out-of-body experience will happen
>So the people can see my light, now it's not just rapping
>God, I have humbled myself before the court
>Drop my ego and confidence was my last resort
>I know, I know he got a plan, I know I'm on your beams
>One set of footsteps, you was carrying me
>When I turned on the news and they was burying me
>One set of footsteps, you was carrying me
>When I was negotiating with Apple, it was Larry and me
>Told Tim Cook to call me, I was scary to see
>I would've took a hundred million and gave twenty to Hov
>I heard it's the way they did it when we only had the stove
>But it's better that I stayed at home with my folks
>Cause if Jay a billionaire then I'mma never go broke
>Only thing I ask is next time I'm on stage we all go
>We all go
>Not just by myself, looking for niggas like where's Waldo
>She got the same shoes as my wife but she copped 'em at Aldo
>Modern Day MJ with an off-the-wall flow
>>
>>735387016
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
>>
>>735387016
I dreamt of life and it was joy,

I woke and found that life was duty,

I lived my life and beheld that duty is joy.
>>
>>735390459
Yes, there are people who claim to have seen aliens

There are also people who smoke crack...
>>
>God isn't real

>Free will isn't real

>AI will eventually destroy us if we survive long enough

Yes, I read a lot of Sam Harris.
>>
>>735391059
Believe what you want man, doesn't make it any less true.
>>
>>735391000
>I lived my life and beheld that duty is joy.
You sound like a boring fuck tbh
>>
>>735387323
Unless u pay her money
>>
>>735390945
>Duality
>>
The chemical processes that occur in your brain that allow you to conceive the idea of an afterlife cease the moment you die.

There is nothing after death.
>>
>>735387016
That op is a faggot.
>>
>>735389805
>found by scientists
>found
You can't find something that doesn't already exist in nature.

That being said, God isn't real. However, believing in God is an extremely useful survival technique.
>>
The free market is good.
>>
>>735388248
how do the ponies pick stuff up?
>>
>>735387016
All existence is one big subtance. We are all just swimming in the god soup.
>>
>>735391145
It's the only wisdom you'll find in this thread of wanna-be shaman, drug addicts, and conspiracy theorists. (not saying conspiracies aren't conspiracies but, crap, don't obsess about what you can't change)

My wisdom will help one live a fulfilling life. If fulfillment is boring, I can only think you mental processes are so convoluted that joy is sadness and angst is meaning for you.
>>
>>735391249
Professional wrestling isn't real, either. I still have a perfectly valid use for it.
>>
>>735391369
Christians have known that one for 2000 years. That's what we mean when we say God is omnipresent.
>>
>>735391384
Wow, it's amazing how perfect that analogy is. It may not be real, but it makes you feel a certain way and that feeling is real.
>>
>>735387016
That being dead is a similiar state to to how you, anon who's reading this, would remember, think, taste, feel, hear and smell everything and anything that I, anon who typed this out right now, currently does or ever will, with no other reference point
>>
>>735387077
Fpbp
>>
>>735391434
I am not talking about the Christian god, faggot.
>>
>>735391373
John Williams wrote a fantastic novel called "Stoner" in which the main character leads an anguish-laden and unfullfiling life. The point of the novel is that even a life that isn't noteworthy is worth living,
>>
>>735391384
Kenny omega
>>
>>735387966
Lol, you're whats wrong with white people
>>
>>735391209
It isn't invalid.
>>
>>735387016
https://discord.
---------
gg/ctagmQE
>>
>>735387077
We all know this op is always a fag.
>>735387094
Well true
>>735387228
A lot gay
>>735388054
Wrong
>>735388256
It can look at 9/11 motherfucker
>>735388786
This is true we refuse to believe
>>
>>735391576
I agree, all life is worth living. But the best use of one's life is fulfillment and happiness. Not temporary joy, not angst, not striving for meaning when the meaning is obvious (be good to people, make more mans, try to inspire others to be good too)
>>
I learned what mansplaining was- then stopped doing it.
>>
>>735387323
It was commonly thought to be written about Olympic swimmer Mark Spitz, but I think that it later came out that it's about more than one guy, one of whom is a TV personality. She has told people who it is about (including Howard Stern) but sworn them to secrecy. Honestly, most people will probably not recognize the person or people because it was written so long ago.
>>
>>735391076
Sam guy sounds like a stupid fuck. Not study stupid it will make you dumber than a nignog.
>>
>>735387016
That the most common regret on the deathbed is letting others control your life instead of doing your own thing.
>>
>>735391249
Sad little man you will see one day
>>735391384
It's Vader time. Give me RIC Flair any day man
>>
>>735391713
So, you just like letting people know your opinions without contributing to the discussing... that's cool, I guess.
>>
>>735391434
We have cause we are the true chosen people of God
>>
>>735387016
gardening is child raising for beta cucks.
>>
>>735391964
See what, exactly?
>>
>>735391479
Yes it is real. Get in the ring bitch and I will show you
>>
>>735389663
This post is exactly why I quite drugs
>>
>>735389663
You're are a weird dude
>>
>>735391905
Go read stupid fucker and no more reading that Sam guy
>>
>>735392054
I understand the physical performance is real, but I was referring to the 'soap opera' aspect of it
>>
File: 2858289060_dd4c754cbb_z.jpg (125KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
2858289060_dd4c754cbb_z.jpg
125KB, 500x333px
recently? probably that pineapples grow on the ground and not in trees.

really made me question what i think i know.
>>
>>735391741
Oh quit your femoaning, I'll mansplain it to women as long as it takes to get them to stop complaining about being wrong.
>>
>>735391990
God is real he will destroy us when he returns one day. We are living Lord of the Flies. We will be punished for our sins. Don't think mommy is getting us out of this one.
>>
>>735392010
Maybe if you're a cannibal who raises children as live-stock. Gardening is just free food.
>>
>>735392198
WWE isn't wrestling. God I miss real wrestling oh well.

This has been one of the best threads in a long time.
>>
That the society we live in is wonderland and we're a bunch of alices
>>
>>735392062
You say that like you understood anything I said, even when you're sober. Dont worry, if drugs dumb you down I get why you wouldn't want to do dat.
>>
>>735392305
Then why should I believe? If the world is truly as hopeless as you claim it to be, then wouldn't my refusal to believe in God allow me to live a more fulfilling life rather than be made miserable by the truth of his wrath?

And if he truly is so vengeful, why does he deserve to be called God? If he wants to destroy me I see no reason in worshipping him.
>>
>>735392395
You're goddam right about that
>>
>>735392156
>Not study stupid
>Go read
>No more reading that Sam guy

You sound retarded. And reading things you don't agree with will make you less retarded. You should try it out.
>>
>>735389663
I fuckin love you
>>
>>735392408
Nah, proven by anyone with existential sense, we learned the meaning of life through pure understanding, no need to alter my mindset in order to understand life. In fact, the illuminated few are functional human beings who contribute to society cos we dont have to be stoned in order to be connected to the Greater Universe.
>>
File: 1928718271.png (1MB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1928718271.png
1MB, 1000x750px
>>735387016
you'll never eat every onion ring, even if you try
>>
File: trees.jpg (186KB, 1500x939px) Image search: [Google]
trees.jpg
186KB, 1500x939px
>>735392373
is there any other way to raise a child?
>>
>>735389663
Shrooms are better man. God is numbers, and numbers are plants. the plants are already perfect and much older than our dna. As Terrence Mckenna put it, I firmly believe DMT (shrooms, LSD, Extacy) either is the antenna, or turns our brain into a better antenna to the universe. Through transcendental meditation, I can now enter these DMT filled states at will. Oh, how good it is to be alive!
>>
>>735392568
I'm a Christian and I see your point. Christ brings us the promise of eternal life. Wrath and death are only for those who don't believe and only because those would be the consequences for everyone if not for Christ's gift of salvation.

People wrongly assume that the Christian God punishes to get revenge; rather, death and punishment is the natural consequence of the universe for failing to fulfill one's duties and Christ saved us via a special loophole- eternal life without deserving it. Repent, be purified in him and accept the gift.
>>
>>735393004
institutionalized religion is the devil. Do not listen to this misguided soul.

If you honestly believe the trash story that the government has told you to hold in fear, i pity your ignorance. Go back to the beginning. Modern Christianity is a Grimm brothers fairy tale book used to control the masses.
>>
>>735392568
>believe in God allow me to live a more fulfilling life

How could you think that believing in an all knowing being, who wants nothing but good for you, be unfulfilling? It's a .0000001 second decision that doesn't have to rule your life. He doesn't want to destroy you, he literally created one path of misery and one path of happiness, one of them just happens to end with eternal torture and the other with eternal pleasure, religion aside, the metaphor is clear. Even if neither path goes anywhere in the end, wouldn't you rather have the hope that something is watching over you and only wants good for you, who would try to bring you back to the happy path if you ever got lost? If you don't then maybe you want to stay on the miserable path, or don't believe in a stark seperation of good and evil, and that's cool too. But really man, even as I'm writing this and trying to insult you for holding different beliefs, I know that's wrong because I have a beacon of absolute morality to follow.
>>
File: 1494291778424.jpg (52KB, 500x467px) Image search: [Google]
1494291778424.jpg
52KB, 500x467px
>>735387016
their is literally no objective value in simply "being alive"

not there cant be value in living, if you ARE alive then do what makes you happy

but there is no real difference between being alive and being *not* alive, you're just doing way less shit in one than the other

not only this but some people simply need to die, and im not reffering to "oh that guy is a serious piece of shit he needs to die" im talking about anyone whose life has more negatives than positive. Logically speaking, if you make a pro/con list with every aspect of your life on it and the con list is even one statement bigger than the pro list, its logically better to either kill yourself, or for someone to kill you because you living on has a *negative* value
>>
>>735393004
>>735393276
>>735393312

And this is the part of the thread where it all collapses into an argument about religion
>>
>>735393004
Well, I think the belief in an eternal afterlife is nothing short of irrational. Also I was replying to someone who said that should believe in God because he will punish me.
>>
>>735393455
nice dubs
saved image
cant be fucked to read that essay.
>>
>>735393312
Because God has taught me noting besides the idea that I'm a terrible person and must repent. I wish to take responsibility for myself and my own happiness rather than give that responsibility to a figure that could be imaginary.
>>
File: 1494160159974.gif (891KB, 325x252px) Image search: [Google]
1494160159974.gif
891KB, 325x252px
>>735393733
the n why are you on a thread about being woke? its literally 5 fucking sentences
>>
>>735392568
Believe or don't not my job to get you to. But don't listen to people follow your heart. Read and read many different books. Good luck on all this
>>
>>735392765
>anyone with existential sense
>we learned the meaning of life through pure understanding

Hurr durr I'm enlightened and you're a pleb.

You're quoting the idea of pure understanding, which says that we know nothing and that's the only meaning there is, you can either curl up and die or learn as much as you can before you do.

Also, the guy who wrote about it is and LSD advocate.

LSD doesn't alter your mindset, it enables it to see the world differently for a brief period of time. I don't have to be "stoned" to remember my last trip, Ive see the world differently than you, and you can wave your dick in the wind, speaking like a pseud, all you want, it won't change that.

I don't have to contribute to people I'm never going to meet to feel valuable and understand my place in society, even though I do, but I guess that has no value as an unenlightened, hippie, communist who isn't in the illuminati. and who isn't on level 2 of the universe.
>>
>>735387016
I realized that the cake, indeed, is a lie.
>>
File: fuck-you-oragutan.jpg (68KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-you-oragutan.jpg
68KB, 500x354px
>>735393924
i could be a nignog, you dont know!
>>
>>735394041
I appreciate the kindness, but I'm not asking to be convinced I'm asking for a reason to believe becauseI can't find any.
>>
>>735394132
Well you're obviously not a black person because whatever you are is clearly much worse
>>
File: 1496938816631.jpg (388KB, 1600x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1496938816631.jpg
388KB, 1600x1250px
>>735391925
Numbers still don't add up kike
>>
>>735387077
/thread
>>
Cleaning a vacuum cleaner makes you a vacuum cleaner
>>
>>735393871
Maybe you haven't learned from the right people, I just believe in a guy who knows I'm faulted and would do anything to better me through my own means. He doesn't absolve you of responsibility because you have free will. If you drop a rock in front of an ant, he decides if he goes left or right. He is imaginary and will be until the second he isnt, I'm just saying it helps me to think if I make all the right choices myself someone will validate them even in the slightest.
>>
capitalism is a disease
>>
>>735394132
Only in fatmerica would you have such an obese stupid ape.
>>
File: 1431849206122.jpg (80KB, 431x600px) Image search: [Google]
1431849206122.jpg
80KB, 431x600px
>>735394398
Why?
>>
>>735387016
big Tobacco is the secret power behind the push for acceptance and legalization of weed over the last 20 years.
>>
Everybody has had more green lights than red lights
>>
>>735394532
he's just a neoliberal fag who's 'anti-capitalism' but is probably typing this on an iPhone, or at least own one Apple-related product and shops/eats at every global company like McDonalds
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 479x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 479x720px
>>735393276
Euphoric/10. A tip of the fedora to you, brave sir!
>>
>>735387016
as corny as it is. Love is the answer to my life.
>>
>>735387016
That no matter how hard we try, humanity will never explore more than 00.000000000000001% of the Observable Universe itself, due to the expansion rate of the entire Universe. (Unless we invent travel that's faster than light, even then though, we won't do very much)

Also, that Humans will contribute to absolutely nothing in the Universe, no matter what we do, it is all pointless in the big picture.

TL;DR
>The Universe and Space is too big for us to experience it for its full potential.
>>
>>735387016

There's no such thing as black people.
>>
>>735388786
You need to watch unacknowledged my brotha
>>
Everybody hates Chris.
>>
Digital currency will take power away from the banking industry and all those that were put into power by them
>>
>>735391666
SATANS TRIPS
THIS MEANS YOU'RE WRONG NIGGER
>>
File: nuclear_rage.jpg (918KB, 1500x1465px) Image search: [Google]
nuclear_rage.jpg
918KB, 1500x1465px
>>735394203
did you just call me a JEW?!?!?!?!?
>>
>>735387016
Managed to translate a few lines of a stele in ancient Sumerian. Fellt pretty intelligent to understand such a dead sanddwellers language
>>
>>735392994
When I'm on acid I feel like God is time, like he's in every second of lives, because he is every second of our lives, and every second ever to exist. When we die we lose the fleeting, temporary nature of our lives and become permanent, like him. Existing forever in our final moments, either riddled with burning guilt and fear, or reaching for a bright light in hope and peaceful acceptance of death.
>>
>>735394837
What does it say?
>>
>>735390570
oy vey! delet this. anudah shoah!
>>
>>735394846
You mean the black version of everybody loves Raymond?
>>
File: die.jpg (280KB, 1442x1079px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
280KB, 1442x1079px
>>735395167
God is more than time he is literally everything. People think that god is a being that is removed but i see it that we are integrated in him. But dont get me wrong i do not think we are god just but just extensions of him. Kinda like we live in a 3D world but our consciousness exists in a higher plane with the spirit and that higher plane is where god lives and we just experience tiny "slices" or frames of that world kinda like a slideshow that is why our lives seem so linear
>>
>>735387140
Doesn't everyone realize this pretty quickly? I know i did
>>
We’ve tended in our cosmologies to make things familiar. Despite all our best efforts, we’ve not been very inventive. In the West, Heaven is placid and fluffy, and Hell is like the inside of a volcano. In many stories, both realms are governed by dominance hierarchies headed by gods or devils. Monotheists talked about the king of kings. In every culture we imagined something like our own political system running the Universe. Few found the similarity suspicious.
>>
>>735387016
There are no real problems in this world. We just create them
>>
>>735395656
Then science came along and taught us that we are not the measure of all things, that there are wonders unimagined, that the Universe is not obliged to conform to what we consider comfortable or plausible. We have learned something about the idiosyncratic nature of our common sense. Science has carried human self-consciousness to a higher level. This is surely a rite of passage, a step towards maturity. It contrasts starkly with the childishness and narcissism of our pre-Copernican notions.
>>
>>735387140
I used to freak out about this when i was younger. Like the thought of not existing was scary to me.
>>
>>735395845
Then you grew up to be a spotty, fat, autistic, beta loser who will never know the touch of even the most desperate woman and began to long for the sweet release of tax and the void?
>>
>>735395749
If you lived two or three millennia ago, there was no shame in holding that the Universe was made for us. It was an appealing thesis consistent with everything we knew; it was what the most learned among us taught without qualification. But we have found out much since then. Defending such a position today amounts to willful disregard of the evidence, and a flight from self-knowledge.
>>
>>735390837
>lights, blips on the radar
And that, without a shadow of a doubt, means aliens? Ight.
>>
>>735395584
>Kinda like we live in a 3D world but our consciousness exists in a higher plane with the spirit and that higher plane is where god lives

I like thinking about it that way, like we're 4th dimensional beings piloting 3d objects and that's God's gift to us. >>>/m/
>>
>>735396020
No, just that's the very very least that literally everyone in the industry has seen, and daily.
>>
>>735394245
this
>>
That America is shit, corrupt and #1 state sponsored terrorist. The USA does it and it's okay.
>>
>>735396015
Once we overcome our fear of being tiny, we find ourselves on the threshold of a vast and awesome Universe that utterly dwarfs—in time, in space, and in potential—the tidy anthropocentric proscenium of our ancestors. We gaze across billions of light-years of space to view the Universe shortly after the Big Bang, and plumb the fine structure of matter. We peer down into the core of our planet, and the blazing interior of our star. We read the genetic language in which is written the diverse skills and propensities of every being on Earth. We uncover hidden chapters in the record of our own origins, and with some anguish better understand our nature and prospects. We invent and refine agriculture, without which almost all of us would starve to death. We create medicines and vaccines that save the lives of billions. We communicate at the speed of light, and whip around the Earth in an hour and a half. We have sent dozens of ships to more than seventy worlds, and four spacecraft to the stars. We are right to rejoice in our accomplishments, to be proud that our species has been able to see so far, and to judge our merit in part by the very science that has so deflated our pretensions.
>>
OP is allways a fag.
>>
>>735387016
I understood in the last few weeks that you can
literally just sit in bed all day and do nothing
but still have friends. This isn't woke af but still,
at least i'm not a jew
>>
>>735388786
***SHILL DETECTED***

Watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SnLGe1nitQ

***SHILL DETECTED***
>>
>>735396220
How much more satisfying had we been placed in a garden custom-made for us, its other occupants put there for us to use as we saw fit. There is a celebrated story in the Western tradition like this, except that not quite everything was there for us. There was one particular tree of which we were not to partake, a tree of knowledge. Knowledge and understanding and wisdom were forbidden to us in this story. We were to be kept ignorant. But we couldn’t help ourselves. We were starving for knowledge—created hungry, you might say. This was the origin of all our troubles. In particular, it is why we no longer live in a garden: We found out too much. So long as we were incurious and obedient, I imagine, we could console ourselves with our importance and centrality, and tell ourselves that we were the reason the Universe was made. As we began to indulge our curiosity, though, to explore, to learn how the Universe really is, we expelled ourselves from Eden. Angels with a flaming sword were set as sentries at the gates of Paradise to bar our return. The gardeners became exiles and wanderers. Occasionally we mourn that lost world, but that, it seems to me, is maudlin and sentimental. We could not happily have remained ignorant forever.
>>
>>735396444
The evidence, so far at least and laws of Nature aside, does not require a Designer. Maybe there is one hiding, maddeningly unwilling to be revealed. Sometimes it seems a very slender hope.

The significance of our lives and our fragile planet is then determined only by our own wisdom and courage. We are the custodians of life’s meaning. We long for a Parent to care for us, to forgive us our errors, to save us from our childish mistakes. But knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable.

If we crave some cosmic purpose, then let us find ourselves a worthy goal. - Carl Sagan
>>
White Men are the superior race.
>>
How college is bullshit. Half the shit I learned I pretty much forgot upon graduation. Most office jobs that require degrees are literally shit high school kids could do. I know people who bust their ass off for a living and make 1/4th of what I bring in a year, just starting at a firm.
>>
>>735387016
Hegel's inverted world thesis
>>
Aliens are actually demons

>inb4 Luddite
>>
>>735388054
The idea of what it is for something to "matter" is also itself some silly little abstraction; due to this I think its plausible for it to be applied to the rest of this subjectivity. Though ultimately it doesn't matter, and I know what you mean and agree, and I too can't think of a more apt word as the literal concept isn't available to us, Lol.
>>735389442
I don't see the relevance of the How are you? bit, but the second half is profound, I've had very similar thoughts. I frequently find myself laughing at it all.
>>735390326
You have a few points here that are on to something eg. "We don't know the laws of reality, everything is interconnected", but the rest seem to be you filling in the gaps of what you can't know.
>>
File: shortsharpshock.jpg (30KB, 278x278px) Image search: [Google]
shortsharpshock.jpg
30KB, 278x278px
life is a short warm moment,death is a long cold rest
>>
File: 1468080933300.jpg (27KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1468080933300.jpg
27KB, 500x469px
The My Lai Massacre
>>
>>735387016
That whatever God is, I am too
>>
Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
Traps are gay
>>
File: flash.jpg (7KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
flash.jpg
7KB, 238x212px
jet fuel cant melt steel beams
>>
Why bother putting pearls before swine?
>>
We have souls. When my grandfather passed away, my family was in the same room, as he passed, we were holding hands and praying. The second he took his last breath, a warm wind passed through all of us and physically pushed us back.
>>
>>735399016
So either the afterlife is real or someone left a window open.

Compelling anon.
>>
>>735399016
I know this sounds like utter utter bullshit but I shit you not, when my grandpa died my sister was having a dance recital thing at her dance school, the picture of her holding the medal (she came first) afterwords - like 10 mins after he died - has like a white hazy sorta silhouette next to her about her size and build. Generally don't believe in this sort of shit but that is freaky as fuck man.
>>
>>735399016
That's a death fart, dude.
That or it was the rush of heat from Jesus sending pappy to hell.
>>
File: 1440241279664.jpg (33KB, 596x314px) Image search: [Google]
1440241279664.jpg
33KB, 596x314px
>>735399016
lol retard that was somebody farting
>>
>>735399016
Interesting thanks for sharing anon
>>
the big spoon is called a tablespoon because u eat it at the table while the small spoon is a teaspoon cuz u mix your tea with it
>>
File: KeK.png (11KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
KeK.png
11KB, 229x220px
One night in 1987 a hollywood director has a vision: a story where a misterious entity has erased the world. An ancient nature spirit, sort of a trickster demon in a way. It's not human, but it kind of resembles. With more power than any human who ever lived.

He wakes up covered in sweat. Then he understands that the entity in the dream relives the legend of an ancient god, with the face of a frog, who came to this world to destroy and bring caos. He'll be back in our era, and its true nature has yet to be revealed.

In the dream a name appears. Kek. What does it mean? He doesn't know, but he knows it will come back to strike again. He has to tell someone. But who would believe him? So he will have to create a whole show to explain it to the people. A show that stands to the true nature of the power of Kek. To show them that it's not an evil entity, but that it's the evil itself.
>>
If you think about it, everything you think that happened in your life that is so extraordinary will never matter in the future. we were placed on earth in the earliest of times for humans and everything that is done today, tomorrow, ten years ago, tens years from now, whenever, won't matter to people who will live thousands of thousands of years from now. No one in your families lifetime and ancestry matters, mattered or will matter ever
>>
>>735399397
I felt his soul pass through me, imagine the warmth of the sun gently piercing through your body, it was almost like a hug.
>>
Not very intellectual but I had a realisation the other day when I woke up in the middle of a dream about how our brain works. It's all connections between pieces of information, and when you're dreaming those connections are random, that's why you confuse people and things, but when you're awake you have a strong tendency to make certain connections, which reflect in your habits and ways of thinking. I found that when I'm anxious I get stuck in a small loop of thoughts and if I decide to consciously mix up things the anxiety goes away, for example pretending that the person you're talking to is someone else or talk about something completely unrelated to the subject you were discussing.
>>
>>735392062
I am high right now and I found your post hilarious.
>>
>>735400784
aka "It's all in your head." which is true.
>>
File: 1497052195116.jpg (38KB, 750x446px) Image search: [Google]
1497052195116.jpg
38KB, 750x446px
>>735387016

Jews are the actual master race :\
>>
>>735399925
I zozzled.
>>
>>735401290

The information is real but how do you puta it together is very subjective, and can lead to very different conclusions.
>>
File: the KKK.png (279KB, 550x363px) Image search: [Google]
the KKK.png
279KB, 550x363px
>>735401418
>>
>>735387094

This.
>>
>>735388248
https://youtu.be/oNUN3vYfVhA
>>
>>735389974

You dumb nigger.
>>
>>735387016
That people that use the word "woke" are pseudo-intellectuals with little-to-no education.
>>
File: my eyes are open.png (1MB, 1300x908px) Image search: [Google]
my eyes are open.png
1MB, 1300x908px
>>735387016
they don't think it be like it is but it do
>>
File: hesrightyouknow.jpg (11KB, 244x181px) Image search: [Google]
hesrightyouknow.jpg
11KB, 244x181px
>>735401902
>>
File: screech.png (1MB, 946x1300px) Image search: [Google]
screech.png
1MB, 946x1300px
>>735401902
do less, or more, drugs faggot
>>
>>735387016
when i was a child i said to teachers that the sun wasn't a star because it is round, not like whatever star shape means, but this the opposite of what you ask
>woke
>>
File: one_night_cough_syrup_drugs.jpg (45KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
one_night_cough_syrup_drugs.jpg
45KB, 400x300px
>>735402401

He don't do drugs anymore, but he also don't do them any less
>>
ITT: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh7l8dx-h8M
>>
>>735401902
How many languages do you speak mate ?

Also, the more you learn, the more you'll get into depression, and it is unending and absolute as the void that awaits us all for eternity after we pass away.
>>
I have stumbled upon many complex insights. Ask me questions idk
>>
File: greetings.jpg (94KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
greetings.jpg
94KB, 640x480px
>>735402516
>>
File: greetings2.jpg (142KB, 1072x720px) Image search: [Google]
greetings2.jpg
142KB, 1072x720px
>>735402805
>>
File: refgrgrdde.jpg (89KB, 500x712px) Image search: [Google]
refgrgrdde.jpg
89KB, 500x712px
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 33

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.