[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

<--This is fucking retarded. >Universal Basic Income

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 18

File: HomelessCount0101422561730.jpg (444KB, 1484x970px) Image search: [Google]
HomelessCount0101422561730.jpg
444KB, 1484x970px
<--This is fucking retarded.

>Universal Basic Income

Let's get it done people.
>>
And not just because i'm hikikomori.
>>
>>735320612
>everyone deserves everything for nothing

great idea idiot.
>>
>>735320888
>>735320888
Trips of retardation.

>everyone deserves food and a home
>>
>>735320612
In Britain is is called Universal Credit and It is a thing.
>>
>>735321058
I'mma google this. Thanks for learning me a thing.
>>
>>735320612
You have to contribute something to get something.

Like, get a JOB and then you get COMPENSATION which you can use to BUY things like food and rent.

Nobody rides for free.
>>
>>735320612
Only works if you also have reasonable rents for accommodation, and some way of ensuring it goes direct to landlord, not getting spent on drugs.
>>
>>735320612
Someone should pick up those trashbags from the street
>>
>>735321256
>This is the way it has always been, so it is the right way.
>>
>>735321019
>get a shit job
>make just enough to afford food and a home despite working long hours

>sit around doing nothing
>get food and a home for free

How about if the government paid people in food to make houses?
>>
>>735321019
If they are able bodied and can work, and don't spend all of their money on drugs/alcohol, then they won't be homeless
>>
>>735321521
this
>>
>>735321019
For free? For no effort? If you have two legs and stand erect, you're entitled?
>>
>>735321019
>everyone deserves food and a home

not the people that didn't earn it asshole.

children are a different story, adults that can't take care of themselves can go in a fucking oven for all i care.
>>
>>735321256
Implying employment is easy.
Trade offs would be better suited as jobs are everywhere and easy to aquire. If you give someone shelter have them work cleaning the streets, etc. Basically take that work away from for profit prisons and give it as a trade for those in real need of help.

INB4 you tell me a fucking story about working three jobs in high school that paid minimum wage or going on about how people should just have went to school like you did when you worked your fingers to the bone with 27 jobs while earning a doctorate in faggotry.
>>
>>735320612
People like in the picture would just blow their entire payment on drugs/alcohol... so what then? society isn't going to accept 'let them die'
>>
>>735321213
For it I was given £251.77 and I get this every month.
>>
>>735321437
Wow. Edgy.

Those trash bags are human beings, and there is about a 95% chance that you would be in their shoes had you been born into their life.
>>
>>735321716
It is needed in Britain because there are no where near enough jobs because we let in loads of migrents
>>
>>735321496
They'd make shit houses.
>>
>>735321019
no they don't because neither of those things appear out of thin air, someone had to create them. Therefore if people get them for free you're basically holding others in indentured servitude, you don't deserve just because you exist. noone is inherently responsible for anyone else barring parents and children.
>>
>>735321642
They can not take care of themselves. The prof is that they are sleeping on the street and eating out of the garbage.
>>
>>735320612

No.

Get a job.
>>
File: IMG_2747.jpg (129KB, 1096x731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2747.jpg
129KB, 1096x731px
>>735320612
This is not the way to build a great nation. To build a great nation, you need people who are not sick and you need people who are educated. So we should have universal healthcare and free college as long as you maintain a certain GPA and your degree field is STEM or teaching degree and you work a certain number of hours. But to just hand somebody free money for doing jack shit is not the way to go.

Not only that, prices of goods/services would rise and erase any real benefit of it.
>>
>>735321934
>They can not take care of themselves

thank you for agreeing with me.
>>
>>735320612
#BasicIncome is a good idea for the same reason vaccination is.

You shouldn't have to explain it any further than that.

Opposition to the idea is entirely ignorant. Even from a greedy perspective.
>>
What the fuck was i thinking making this thread. I must have forgot that /b/ was full of edgy faggots, who really do not understand how human beings work, let alone society or the world at large.
>>
>>735320612
>>Universal Basic Income

Implying these mentally ill alcoholics and meth heads wouldn't just blow their government cheese on whisky and blow.
>>
>>735321934
There are plenty of people on this planet. We don't need to keep the adults who can't take care of themselves.

I thought liberals liked nature? Natural selection demands that the homeless crazy people die.
>>
>>735322199

Check out this samefag.

Hello, OP! Considered getting a job, working hard, getting a reference, then finding a better job?

No? Didn't think so.
>>
>>735322249
>Americans
>>
>>735321618
Nah, you can lay down all day in a pile of your own shit, and still get paid.

A better plan is just give everyone whi wants it, free heroin and a closet to shit in. The worthless will soon die and we won't need universal income or welfare or the naacp anymore.
>>
>>735322199
>BasicIncome is a good idea for the same reason vaccination is.

that is like saying heroin is a good idea for the same reason drinking with friends on special occasions is a good idea.

and it's fucking retarded!
>>
>>735322249
implying you "understand how human beings work"
>>
>>735322263
Congratulations on only being the 5th person to make this completely retarded argument.

>We should let every poor person go hungry in the cold because a small percentage will do dumb things when we try to help.
>>
>>735321801
maybe you shoudn't have let in those migrants
>>
ITT right wing morons prove they don't know how to use Google.
>>
>>735322528

cool story, but your universal allowance from daddy gubmint isn't going to happen. Free free to bitch more about it.
>>
File: IMG_4063.jpg (343KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4063.jpg
343KB, 1920x1200px
>>735322528
> when we try to help

Why do I owe them anything? Why do you think you have a right to dip your hand into my pocket and buy someone who refuses to work a house, or even a cheeseburger for that matter?
>>
>>735322528
actually, a large portion
take a look at japan, they have government assistance and can actually get a decent amount of cash (like 1k usd a month)
>people are still homeless
>people blow their assistance on gambling and hookers and this is an actual problem

>i'm half japanese and am in japan 75% of any given year
>taxes are being raised just to help pay for more of this shit, reducing the birth rate (due to economics), thus more old people to take care of, it's a never ending cycle

you're going to argue with me because you actually know nothing
>>
>>735322785
Yes. This is a true thing that you said.
>>
>>735322409
> Complete non sequitur is complete.
>>
I actually get what you are getting at OP.

Its kinda the end goal of the human race correct? Advance enough that people don't actually need to work, but people are willing to work because they get much extra income to purchase what you want. Obviously there would be a lot more to it. And would likely need to be FAR more advanced in technology before we could every achieve this. The people working would mostly be working on things that cant be fixed by robotics automatically.

Oh shit this made me think of I am Robot.
>>
>>735322598
There is a reason we voted out that government
>>
>>735322528
You're a fucking idiot if you think there won't be a shitload of people who quit their shitty jobs and just lay around getting high and playing video games all day.
You want to bankrupt society just to feel better that a few street people will actually get a home... when in reality most of them will spend the money on booze and drugs. Most homeless are on the street because they're fucked in the head.
>>
>>735322332
Exactly.
Take a look at what the culture of this country was like 100 years ago, then realize that the ridiculous injection of the Old Worlds combined wealth as amassed by the British Empire, handed over in exchange for support in two world wars, had only a brief stimulus effect, accompanied by reinforcing that old culture, suicided all over the rest of the world, through a sense of self righteousness and moral superiority, that has ultimately yielded the same anti-intellectualism and resistance to innovate/fear of change inherent in every Old World cultures self destruction.

Kiss your asses goodbye, the American century was only 2/3 of the 20th century. It's over.

Tl;dr: tl;dr is why ur dum. so dum.
>>
>>735322793
You're a moron if you dont think it'll happen. Most countries already have this.

Zuckerberg is running for president as the democratic nomination and this is one of his campaign promotions. It'll happen. The guy giving away free money will get elected.
>>
>>735322938
Also a limit on how many kids people can have. Forced abortion bitch, you knew the risks. By that time we should hopefully kill off religion in most areas of the world.

That's if everyone would get along anyways. Fat chance.
>>
>>735320612

What?

Because some people camp out in front of stores the night before an iPhone release...

We therefore need a Universal Basic Income?

Weird logic bro.
>>
>>735320612
UBI will not help those people. Guaranteed at least 95% of them are mentally ill. Same reason you can't just give them a house: they will not stay there, maintain it or keep it up for even a week.

Give em 3 days and they'll be trying to scrap the paint off the wall so they can try smoking it.

It's a mental health and drug problem, not a "homeless" problem.
>>
>>735321019
You don't 'deserve' shit. you want something? Earn it.
>>
File: c62[1].jpg (136KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
c62[1].jpg
136KB, 546x700px
>>735320612
dude, the only reason why you are not posting this little piece of shit that you call a click bait in /pol/ is because you are purposefully trying to catch to /b/tards on your fucking jews hooks just for keks
>>
>>735321256
Yes, because employers are willing to hire smelly, dirty homeless people with no prior job experience
>>
MFW these ignorant slaves don't realize they are being robbed blind by rich assholes and that we could already give the whole planet a massive UBI and live materially like millionaires because robots and nuclear power.
>>
>>735320612
Get a job.
>>
>>735321642
You shouldn't have to fucking earn food. Living is a basic human right, and you need food to live.
>>
>>735320612
That's fucking retarded. If there's a universal basic income of $20,000 a year, $20,000 will become the new $0. Having less than $20,000 will be like having a negative balance.
>>
>>735323191
The mentally ill who are not taken care of by their families should be humanely put down.
>>
File: 1440885243922.gif (2MB, 200x133px) Image search: [Google]
1440885243922.gif
2MB, 200x133px
>>735320612
cause years of free money for niggers (both foreign and domestic) has done such wonders elevate and modernize their communities/countries.

>give a man a fish, feed him for a day.

>teach a man to fish, and feed him for life.

>niggers don't want to learn, and to say that's a bad thing is racist.

>only blacks can be niggers.
>>
You guys know that it works in Britain...
People hate not having a job here so they don't just stay on it, it just helps when you need it.
>>
>>735320612
But Jesus told us to hoard wealth and hate our neighbor.
>>
>>735323296
you sound like an privileged child that doesn't want to work for a living when you grow up.

and if not, how many homeless people have you invited into your home to feed and cloth them out of your own pocket?
>>
>>735320612
The homeless need a shitload more support than just money, they need straight up life counseling. Not to mention temporary shelter, basic human necessities... it's a multi variable problem. UBI won't solve this issue.
>>
File: IMG_3167.jpg (92KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3167.jpg
92KB, 640x625px
In America no one is hungry. Food stamps and food banks handle that. I saw a homeless guy with a smartphone the other day.

I was hired to develop a website for accessing welfare benefits from smart phones.

We don't have poverty here. You want to see poverty, go to India or sub-Saharan Africa.

In the 1920s, Rockefeller was one of the world's few billionaires. Today most "poor" Americans enjoy things he could never have dreamed of. Smart phones, flatscreen TVs, air-conditioning, hot and cold running water on demand, refrigerators. You get the idea.

Homeless people even get some of that. Point is, real poverty doesn't even exist here.
>>
Lots of short sighted bastards in here. Not surprising considering the cesspool it is but let's see who changes their mind when the wheel of fate turns.

Jobs are getting automated, yours will too.
>>
>>735320612
Where I live the homeless population is a mix of crazy ppl who should prolly be in a loony bin or some form of drug addict.

Universal basic income might help them if you can get them sane/grounded enough for them to be able to help themselves with it
>>
File: 7mG959d.png (492KB, 610x553px) Image search: [Google]
7mG959d.png
492KB, 610x553px
I support UBI because i understand that humans are a product of their environment. If you are born poor you will stay poor. If you are born rich you will stay rich. I understand there are exceptions, but wealthy people benefit from their ancestors wealth.

Why do so many people think it is dumb that we should collectively benefit from our society as a whole's wealth?

We could be living in a utopia right now, but we won't because people are afraid of change.
>>
>>735320612
There is already a "Universal Basic Income"...and you know what? The Universal Basic Income is $0...That's a zero right there.

If you have more than one brain cell, you might realize that raising the number from zero ($0) to ANYTHING else, just makes that new number the NEW ZERO.

You want a free $24,000 a year for everyone? Sure, just be prepared for EVERY seller of ANY goods to raise there prices to take advantage of everybody's new-found wealth.

You are a fucking idiot to think that anything different will happen.

Go read about the Weimar Republic, cunt.
>>
>>735323917
>If you are born poor you will stay poor. If you are born rich you will stay rich

oh god you are dumb.
>>
>>735323643
lols I'm gonna use this argument. So succinct. So on the nose.
>>
File: def.jpg (85KB, 463x486px) Image search: [Google]
def.jpg
85KB, 463x486px
>>735320612
>Universal Basic Income
>Let's get it done people.
Who is going to pay for it you millennial retard? Tax the people, sned the money through the government to give it back to the people. How FUCKING STUPID.
Only a moron like Zuckerberg could come up with such idiocy.
And only a millennial with no critical thinking skills would want it.
>>
>>735323795
I worked 10 years in a school chair factory in the middle of Texas (no AC) to put myself thru college. If I had to do that, fuck everyone else. I earned mine. Earn yours.
>>
>>735320612
>Free money will fix everything!

No, free money will just see the economy re-balance itself so that they valueless UBI can't buy anything. If businesses are forbidden to raise prices then a significant portion if products and services will be unprofitable.

Not to mention there are plenty of federally funded outreach programs that feed, shelter and help people get back on their feet. They have very little success because most homeless want to be homeless.

Don't believe me? Then why are there no homeless out in the country working farmland for food and shelter? Modern farmers would love to have labor that only needed food and a place to sleep. It might even make them profitable again without government subsidy.
>>
>>735323302
That is the most idiotic thing i've read in a week. "20000 will become the new 0" ? How does that even make any sense in your thick skull, are you high ?
>>
>>735320612
You do realize that many of those people in your picture would fuck up their basic income as well?

I think UBI can work at some point the future but let's not kid ourselves, it's not going to stop these people from fucking their (and others) lives up
>>
>>
>>735323795
This. You are a smart Anon, Anon.
>>
>>735323718
Yes, the nigger who was picking food scraps out of the trash here and obviously hadn't bathed in months wasn't really hungry or poor.

Then a few days later another nigger asked for my bottle of arizona with only a few sips left. i informed him of this and he still really wanted this. he also got some scraps of food from others in the subway car.

there's a not insignificant number of people who are so mentally ill they can't even avail themselves of help.

food stamps require lots of filling out forms and providing documentation

food banks are generally only open a few hours once or twice a month.
>>
>>735321058
Cool, so lazy alcoholics and drug addicts that don't want to work get money that was taken away from people that get up early every morning and go to work. I'd love to pay for that.
>>
If money stops being used for exchange of goods or services and starts being a token for gibs, money will cease to have value and hyperinflate. Look at what's going on in Venezuela. This happens because money is backed by something of value - that is labor, or goods, or services. If it's no longer backed by any of those things, it's no longer a device for generating productivity in society.

The economy would literally collapse if there was a universal basic income. How long exactly do you think it can be sustained that you give everyone a bunch of pieces of paper, and they ALL expect things for NOTHING?
>>
fuck check this
>I ᖴᑌᑕK TOᑎIGᕼT . ᑕOᗰ
>>
>>735321717
Wow, you can buy a lot of generic vodka with that!
>>
>>735324134
Money doesn't have an intrinsic value. It's value is determined by the market. If everyone has 20k annually then all prices will readjust themselves to account for that.
>>
>>735324229
It is £251.77 a month... you can't afford alcohol and/or drugs
>>
>>735324171
I'm fucking saving this picture, and googling this person. Thank you for posting this.
>>
>>735324310
I need that for basic survival...
>>
>>735324171
>no more inspectors
>planes start falling from the sky
>buildings start falling
>mines start collapsing
>but it's ok because we got our gibs

sounds wonderful.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>735320612
Hers is what my bank comes with
>>
fuck check this
>I ᖴᑌᑕK TOᑎIGᕼT . ᑕOᗰ
>>
>>735322528
California here, virtually every single one of the "visible homeless" has a substance abuse problem, and a lack of any semblance of a work ethic. Fuck 'em all.
>>
>>735321256

>Nobody rides for free.

You want people to perform tasks that have overtime became redundant,because of the progression of technology, so it FEELS like no one is pulling one over on YOU.

Are you fucking brain damaged?

Not everyone needs to be working and yes basic income is very feasible. People who are engineers, doctors, programmers, lawyers, educators, creators.. should all be paid more than everyone else. However, creating markets so we can put bodies in the position where it kind of looks like they're contributing to society is obviously fucking retarded.
>>
>>735324214
Thanks for not being retarded Anon. This fucking thread is full of them.
>>
>>735324473
Don't you ever stop to think that maybe some people are actually better than others?
>>
>>735320612
What going on to foto?
>>
>>735323296
People have been earning their food since hunting and gathering was a thing. Kill yourself as painfully and as publicly as possible so I can masturbate and reach climax as you take your last breath you utterly worthless, entitled, spoiled piece of dog shit.
>>
>>735320612
I have great idea for the 1% how about we turn all those empty office building after 5pm into homeless rooms.
There u solve your holmeless problem
>>
>>735324076
Been a desk jockey for a decade, carrying heavy loads before so blow me.

Universal income doesn't mean people don't have to work. There would be a benefit to it, the universal income is only there to support basic life functions. A roof, bread on the table. Nobody's talking two bedroom apartment and steak every day but keeping people off the streets would be a step in the right direction as a society.
>>
>>735324424
>i completely missed the point of this thing.
>>
>>735324347
>£251.77 a month

i work for a living and that's what i spend on smokes/alcohol
>>
File: IMG_4065.jpg (708KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4065.jpg
708KB, 1920x1200px
>>735324134
I'm not him, but as I explained here >>735322030, if you flood free cash into the economy, dumb people will rush to spend it. Prices of goods and services will rise, which will erase any real major benefit of the extra cash. It might not make "20,000 the new zero" but it wouldn't be what 20,000 is right now. Same will happen with a mandatory $15 minimum wage. You get that 15, the price of fried chicken goes up to pay their workers, you pay more for chicken and rent and it's like you never got a raise.
>>
>>735323718
>In America no one is hungry.

Jesus Christ.. turn off the tb and read a fucking book.
>>
>>735324579
the only way it would keep anyone off the streets is if it was paid directly as rent.
you can't just give people cash because a large number will be back to nothing the next day after blowing it all on crack, gambling, heroin, alcohol, whatever.
>>
>>735323296
so?

>>735323653

what is it?
>>
>>735324509
If i was fucking homeless i would want to do heroine too.

You fucking judgmental fucks.
>>
>>735324634
Fucking hell that is a lot to spend.
I am trying to get into a job but it is hard.
>>
>>735323795
Full automation is a critical step towards cornucopia technology.

No labor force means money stops circulating and it becomes valueless. With profit not fueling GDP the focus will have to shift from personal advancement to objective advancement.
>>
>>735324509
do you know how much work it takes to maintain a decent drug addiction? they do work hard.
>>
>>735322249
Everyone has a fair chance at life in developed countries. Some people fuck up and piss their chance away. Why the fuck should hard working people making an honest dollar have to pay for someone who threw away their chance, and probably many more afterwards so they can continue to live?

If I fucked up my life bad enough to be homeless, bumming on the streets and generally being at the mercy of the public, then I'd deserve it. There's already unemployment benefits for people who run into hard times, so that argument is already off the hook.
>>
>>735324229

OBVIOUSLY people who work and their work ACTUALLY matters are compensated A LOT more than people trying to survive. No one is arguing for getting everyone Porsche.

I fucking hate this argument.

What is offered is survival, if you want luxury you will need to get a job.
>>
>>735324791
The heroine makes them homeless.
>>
I can only LOL to imagine UBI with the fucked up US system.

Freeloaders will move to cheap states to make their UBI last. Cities will become more costly to the point that most everyone will need a job to pay rent anyway. Eventually you end up with working states and non-working states. People in non-working states won't even bother with school or college anyway.

And on top of that you have the fucking electoral college, ensuring that no candidate can come for or against UBI because they'll lose whole states one way or another. Chances are elections will hinge on how much the UBI will be raised and what conditions are put for it (No UBI for convicts, drug dealers, immigrants, child molesters, drunk drivers, pot smokers, women who've had an abortion, etc. etc. etc.)

So you have city people who have never met a freeloader wondering why they have to work for them and eventually wanting to break off from them. And since you can't secede from the union the brain/capital drain will be unstoppable.
>>
>>735324424
Yup. It's not like Bucky was smarter and more experiences than you in every conceivable way. What an idiot.
>>
>>735324903
>Everyone has a fair chance at life in developed countries.

I'm gonna go ahead and not read anymore of this retarded bullshit.

Check your fucking privilege faggot.
>>
>>735324927
Nobody should be entitled to survival either.
>>
>>735320888
trips of truth
>>
>>735325056

Great, let's start executing retards and deformed cunts.
>>
>>735320612
>implying life is valuable in and of itself
>>
>>735325123
Read the words carefully.
>>
Personally I think that rather than looking at UBI already I'd look at progressively lowering the work week.

I'd love to have a 20 hour work week and be considered full time (and be paid what I'm paid now). Even if you only lower it to 32 hours this decade I'm fine with that.

What, there aren't enough people for that? Then automation isn't there for your UBI idea, fuckhead.
>>
>>735321451
No, this is the right way, so it is the right way.
>>
File: IMG_3650.jpg (119KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3650.jpg
119KB, 800x600px
>>735324687
Tuberculosis? I live in Austin. I pass these useless motherfuckers everyday. We only have food banks all over the place. Not to mention food stamps. NONE of them are going hungry.

You know what they call America in India? They call America of the same thing we call America. They call us "the land of opportunity," because they know if they can get here, they can accomplish their dreams through hard work.
>>
>>735325214

You're not fucking entitled to survival, why stop there? What are you going to throw the retards to the wolves so your conscious stays clean? How fucking evil are you? Accept the responsibility of your decision and make a clean break.
>>
>>735321645
Employment IS easy. In fact about 95% of people have it figured out, despite many being complete idiots
>>
>>735324927
>What is offered is survival
Yes, and it is already offered. You have to deliberately try to starve to death or die from exposure in North-America.

Can't pay rent? There are shelters. Can't afford groceries? There are food banks. Basic human survival is already guaranteed, a guaranteed income from doing nothing will not benefit anyone.
>>
>>735325056
fucking this
we need to cull the herd not fucking protect it.
>>
Do you fucking people really not see how stupid it is to let the goal of society be the accumulation of wealth?

The goal of society should be to let everyone in society to live with dignity.
>>
>>735325290
until you get sick.
>>
>>735325257
>What, there aren't enough people for that?
There are more than enough people for that. The problem with a shorter work week without a pay hit is that the cost of your labor skyrockets and the business is no longer profitable.
>>
>>735324687
what? But you have so much fat people.
>>
>>735325333

>guaranteed income from doing nothing will not benefit anyone.

Except the economy and millions of homeless Americans.

You're right though. There are shelters and food banks that are funded out the ass.. Oh wait.. those places, in a lot of states, are barely scraping by to stay open.

Come the fuck on.
>>
>>735324536
The illusion of them contributing to society is as important (to them) as actually contributing. Look up Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs. Feeling like you are making a contribution is important to one's self esteem and well being. Universal income will not provide that feeling.
>>
>>735325266
Why is it the right way? Did you think about it for more than 4 seconds?
>>
>>735325056
then suicide shouldn't be illegal.
>>
you are fucking retarded. even in smaller countries where this type of socialist agenda is already in place there are still homeless. get back to flipping burgers and jacking to traps you fucking idiot.
>>
>>735325123
>let's start executing retards and deformed cunts.

i don't disagree.
>>
>>735324214
>oh no! I might have to (gasp) fill out some forms and (sigh) follow a fucking schedule to get my free food
welcome to the world anon
>>
>>735320612
wouldn't suddenly build homes for everyone. be less incentive to build expensive condos is everyone is borderline poor and look to just barely exist. government would need to take over and they would drag their feet while homelessness continues to rise
>>
they are bums for a reason. some bums don't want help others want the help. in Connecticut they asked some for help others didn't want the help.
>>
>>735321724
Except I had a pretty shitty time and dug my own way out. The main difference is I'm not crazy or an addict. I was homeless for 3 months in middle school. I was "old enough to work", but was still paying for my mom's mistakes while a high school sophomore. I dropped out, got my ged, worked 2-3 jobs at once, got my associates and I'm doing pretty well now, especially after I cut her out of my life for those 3 years way back when.

Just about anybody could do what I did, if they stop pussy-footing around doing the things they need to do instead of falling for the "family" trap, the hood trap, the friends trap, etc. Yeah, you have crazy people that can't work and retards, but they're like 2% of the entire population. Universal income won't fix them, and they probably won't survive anyway because of the suicide rates and inability to care for themselves even if they have the money.
>>
>>735325425
>accumulation of wealth
This. accumulation of wealth is a perversion of capitalism. The goal of capitalism was to be a meritocracy where industry leaders would compete with each other for the betterment of the country.

Now those industry leaders (in blatant disregard for morality and the law) work together to keep progress paced in a way that keeps both parties happy and it is the consumer who suffers.
>>
>>735325528
It will provide food and shelter. They can see to those kinds of needs when they are not worried about weather or not their children will get to eat that day.
>>
>>735325528

If we were living in a Utopian society then your argument would stand. However, before we can even begin discussing self-actualization there's also the problem of food/shelter. A lot of people live without those covered because we're trying to provide a feeling for a minority of the population?

Someone please slap me the fuck out of this nightmare.
>>
>>735325452
That's a great point and another matter, as I addressed here >>735322030
>>
>>735324171
says the 1 in 10000
>>
>>735320612
Build a cabin fuqboi
>>
>>735325425
The problem with this worldview is that you're assuming everyone is nice at their core, and that everyone is going to be friends.

>There's always going to be people who rip other people off.
>There's always going to be assholes.
>Chronic liars.
>People with mental issues.
>Religious conflicts.
>There are people and acts which most would consider "evil", but they happen everyday.

People are never going to get along well enough for this to EVER happen in the near future.

That's why basic income won't work for a long time, if ever. Tons of people are just assholes.

See: >>735322842
>>
>>735325482
unhealthy food, everything has corn syrup or preservatives unless you want to drive (haha good one) to the good neighborhoods for healthy natural food, expected to work obscene hours without vacations other countries get. no affordable healthcare unless you were born into money and able to attend expensive schools instead of dropping out to support your family.

there's a lot of contributing factors. but then again this is /b/ so HAHAHA FUCKING FAT AMERIBONGS AMIRITE!?!?!?
>>
>>735324633
>No more inspectors to inspect the plane inspector
>Plane inspector gets lazy
>Starts passing planes with malfunctioning equipment
>More and more airliner accidents every year
>Completely unsafe to travel by air within a decade
Great fucking logic.
>>
>>735325645

Cool, now after we're done with that shit, let's start getting rid of murderers and pedophiles and shit.You're not entitled to be alive unless you commit one of the most heinous crimes known to our species? Fuck kind of shit is that.
>>
>>735325749
Cool. I guess not everyone on /b/ is retarded.
>>
>>735325502
>Except the economy and millions of homeless Americans.
In what way will devaluing the dollar help the economy? The vast majority of the homeless do not take advantage of the systems already in place to get them back on their feet, they prefer the free food and shelter.

The homeless aren't dying of starvation. They are dying of drug overdoses and exposure from being high. You give them 20k for free and you will solve the homeless problem because they will all OD.
>>
>>735325749
run for office and make change from within asshole, you are wasting your time here.

this fucking thread has been a good laugh tho.
>>
>>735320888
Your post killed my brain cells. Faggot kys.
>>
>>735324509
How bout instead, we provide them with a system to be able to lift them out of their plight and subsidized health care to cure what ails them
>oh right, we already do that
but what if they dont want to follow that system to get their free food and housing?
>we shouldnt make them do anything, lets just give out free money, that will fix everything
ridiculous line of thinking by OP
>>
>>735321521
How does it feel to be 12?
>>
>>735325960
>run for office

Why bother? People don't want help. I built my own house and farm my own land and that works for me.
>>
>>735320612
we deal with this where I come from by throwing them into a truck and then dumping the bodies in a sewer or the ocean.

Colombia has best cocaine, best women, best social policies. Fuck you america.
>>
>>735320888
>Some humans don't deserve basic human rights even though we have more than enough money and resources to provide it
>>
>>735325028
Doesn't matter if you're born piss poor or born rich, everyone has the opportunity to better themselves and their situation you fucking knob.

Also I'm well aware of my privilege, and frankly, I don't care.
>>
>>735325761
>Someone please slap me the fuck out of this nightmare.
This thread has really made me feel this way. Fuck! These people are shortsighted and just.. Fucking dumb man.
>>
>>735321521
>I have never met or talked to a homeless person
>>
>>735325781
understood, since we're all anon i didn't realize that was you. otherwise i agree, if we had decent healthcare and mental counseling, people wouldn't abuse themselves with poor quality food or substances for the most part if they had access to the above.
>>
>>735322829
>Why do I owe them anything? Why do you think you have a right to dip your hand into my pocket and buy someone who refuses to work a house, or even a cheeseburger for that matter?
S-stephen?
>>
>>735325581
it shouldnt
in fact, if you succeed, you aren't convicted of a crime posthumously as with other crimes.
>>
>>735326106
>Doesn't matter if you're born piss poor or born rich,
Of course that matters you retard, you can't seriously think dirt poor people have the same opportunities as rich people
>>
>>735325915
>let's start getting rid of murderers and pedophiles and shit

again, i do not disagree with that.

and it's pretty far from what i said dipshit.
>>
>>735325943
>In what way will devaluing the dollar help the economy?

People use money to buy good and services in the local area. It's pretty fucking basic economics. If people have disposable income they will spend it locally which will result in growth in the area.

I don't understand why you believe EVERY homeless person is a fucking drug addicted husk instead of a living person living under really shitty conditions.

Can you cite me this fucking statistic where research is done and the conclusion is that every homeless person in America is a junky?
>>
>>735324579
UBI is literally giving everyone the same amount of cash. If there are any strings attached or the amount differs for different people then it is not UBI.
>>
>>735325896
>>735325896
>I continue to miss the point.
>>
>>735326106
Except those that do not have the faculties to better themselves.
>>
>>735325915
dude why the snowball
one thing doesn't lead to another unless you lead it there yourself
no one is saying execute anyone
they are saying, refuse to help those who don't help themselves
nothing to do with criminals, mentally handicapped people, those are all irrelevant to the discussion.
>>
>>735326182
Thank you for saving me the time. God, that guy is dumb.
>>
>>735326222
>I don't understand why you believe EVERY homeless person is a fucking drug addicted husk
It's because then he doesn't have to feel guilty.
>>
>>735326065
how does it feel to be a basement dweller?

5 dolla says this faggot is not working because he thinks he is too good for certain jobs.
>>
>>735325788
If things go well, yes. I have plans to give the world something useful to do when automation kills 90% of jobs. I believe Bucky was right. And, I plan on pushing society in that direction in my own way.
>>
>>735326092
>i earned what i have but should give it to those that didn't.

sounds like we got a woman here.
>>
>>735326185

Great, now that we're done with that. Let's start killing off all the retards who killed people with cars and have DUI's in double digits and gang banging pieces of shits that spend their entire life living through intimidation and violence.

>and it's pretty far from what i said dipshit.

Maybe remove your head from your ass so you cna see the bigger picture of my point if you want to contribute in any way shape or form to this conversation.
>>
>>735326142
I think targeting those two things is better for building a great country, but it doesn't solve the problem of homelessness. But throwing cash at them won't either. That's just more alcohol and drugs. I dont have the answer for homelessness. I don't see the benefit of a free income. I don't see harm in it though.
>>
>>735326092
Hey! Another not stupid person. Cool.
>>
>>735326383
"the road to hell is paved with good intentions"
good luck with your plans anon
>>
>>735320612
Aaa... So this's homeless. I readed about them recently. In USA they look like the normal peoples.
>>
>>735326092
how about all those africans making less than a dollar a day? where are the resources for them?
"some humans" gimme a break with that shit you dont really believe that bro no one believes you
>>
>>735320612
Only if they are veterans. In my eyes, Combat vets EARNED a UBI and don't deserve the treatment they get. If I had my way, no veteran would go cold, unclothed, or hungry.
>>
>>735320612
some people chose to live like
>>
>>735326222
>People use money to buy good and services in the local area
And when everyone has 20k a year for doing nothing the value of that 20k will degrade until it is worthless.

>I don't understand why you believe EVERY homeless person is a fucking drug addicted husk

They are. The destitute get back on their feet in a year. The homeless are the homeless and they will always be homeless.

Also how will the homeless get their 20k? Where does it come from? 45 million americans live below the poverty line, that means annually there will be a federal payout of 900 billion dollars for UBI.
>>
>>735325563
why is it the wrong way? im not saying its good, im saying its better than the commie crap you're trying to pull.

N O B O D Y deserves something for nothing.
>>
>>735320888
lol these fuckers think free exists anywhere on the planet while they don't work or get shit degrees that wont let them earn enough to pay loans. it's comical.
>>735321019
>>735325994
>>735326092
>>
>>735326430
If we have the resources for everyone to be able to live a basic comfortable life why not? Just because you're an edgelord? Your entire position is based on emotion
>>
>>735326518
You only believe this because you haven't seen first-hand that a lot of people are evil or jackasses. Sure, we have the resources, but some people are so greedy that they'll never be distributed properly.
>>
>>735326324
No one's stopping them from moving around the country, Anon.

>>735326182
A nigger born in the fucking ghetto can becoming a rap star and a millionaire overnight just by talking shit to some generic beats. How can you really believe there are people in such a shitty situation that they can never improve themselves?
>>
>>735325761
No one lives without those unless they are fucking retarded in the Western world.
If you see people who dont have those, they are just retarded. Look up your government's welfare and social assistance websites, go to the homeless person, and direct them to the nearest food and shelter. This is not hard. It's ignorant.
>>
>>735326329

If we genuinely don't believe that people are entitled to be alive then why are we pumping all these resources in keeping shit that weighs society down alive and not people who are truly fucking suffering because of the conditions that have been dealt to them?

It's fucking illogical to operate under that manner.

If you want me to pay for your accommodations and food you better fucking kill someone or I need to feel like you're pulling your own weight?

Who the fuck thinks like this?
>>
>>735326737
>I did not think about this for longer than 4 seconds.
>>
>>735326441
>this conversation.

you mean a bunch of retards that when presented with an actual solution completely dismiss it and continue to argue?

yeah buddy, this is not a conversation that will lead to anything more than making people more retarded while thinking they are smarter for it.
>>
>>735326739
>Live in the richest most developed countries in the world
>More than enough resources and technology for everyone to live comfortable
>PAH NO WAY I DONT WANT THEM TO LIVE COMFORTABLY THEY SHOULD SUFFER!
>>
>this thread again jpg.

I have compassion for those who do their best for themselves. Also, most of the homeless population have a mental illness. They are literally not in touch with reality most of the time.
Would you hire someone like that? Even with tax incentives? No. Society can't just give them "whatever" a month. Most don't even know how to open a bank account, budget money, etc. They would blow it on drugs, etc., or get taken advantage of. Prevention is the answer. Prevent people from becoming a homeless risk in the first place.
>>
>>735326785
>No one's stopping them from moving around the country, Anon.

You don't know what faculties mean and you are wrong. There are people that are physically and mentally incapable of taking care of themselves let alone better themselves.
>>
>>735326785
>A nigger born in the fucking ghetto can becoming a rap star and a millionaire overnight
Obviously not every nigger can do that, are you really that retarded? You think it's possible for their to just suddenly be millions of famous rich celebrity niggers overnight? Do you not understand how fame works?
>>
>>735325751
No it will not. These people have already proven that they cannot earn and or manage money. Giving them money is like giving a loaded gun to an autistic kid. It's like continuing to give an allowance to a teenager who doesn't listen to you, to spend on drugs. Giving people money to spend on depreciating assets or consumables is complete idiocy and will solve absolutely nothing.
>>
>>735326832

Thanks for sharing.

If you're so fucking smart and indignified by this debate fuck right off.
>>
>>735326861
This is like really what these fucking shit human beings think. What the fuck is wrong with people?!
>>
>We have tons of resources so let's just give everybody free money!
>Everybody stops working
>Now we don't have resources because nobody is working
>There's demand for work now because everybody is starving
>Nobody knows how to do anything anymore, still entitled and want their gibs, demanding that the government saves them
>Mad Max is born
>>
>>735326744
when you work hard for something and i come take it from you, you will have a different song to sing.

fuck off.
>>
>>735326861
I used to think like this, and it's true the US has a lot of resources, but there's a lot of people who make their money by preying on the weak. Landlords that overcharge. Companies that up prices at local supermarkets. There's always going to be a large group that tries to game the system. You're not accounting for this.

The world is complicated. Stop pretending it can be fixed by throwing some cash around.
>>
File: 09.jpg (192KB, 600x768px) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
192KB, 600x768px
>>735326968
>this debate
>>
>>735326946
Too retarded didn't read.
>>
>>735326666
> no veteran would go cold, unclothed, or hungry.
John Rembo it's you?
>>
>>735326812
memes aren't arguments
>>
>>735326903
>There's a girl that works at the supermarket here, makes a decent wage too.
>Has the downsies.

If you are so physically crippled that you can't work, ever, there are already programs in place for those people. Just chucking free money at them isn't going to solve shit. You're just gunna have a bed ridden cripple who can't spend their money, and probably be financially abused by caregivers anyways.
>>
>>735326167
Lol nope
>>
>>735327010
So you work hard and then suddenly someone comes and takes everyone you own away and gives it to some homeless person? Or do you mean you have to pay a little bit of tax and are totally exaggerating?
>>
>>735326936
>He understands the economy of fame but not the economy of currency

Get a load of this moron.
>>
>>735327165
The bullshit you are spewing out of your fingertips is not either, so why the fuck would i bother.
>>
>>735326936
Then they can start at the bottom of the corporate ladder like everyone else. You don't need anything to join the work force. Just gotta not be a piece of shit for 8 hours a day.
>>
You know when you have a pet that is dying, but you still care for, feed it, etc. That's kind of what the mentality of "helping the homeless" is. Just keeping them alive until they die.
>>
>>735326723

>And when everyone has 20k a year for doing nothing the value of that 20k will degrade until it is worthless.

Small and large businesses will still fucking sell shit for money. What the fuck are you talking about? All that's going to happen is that you're going to go see more people in stores buying eggs and milk and shit instead of on the streets begging. You're using extremes of inflation without understanding the rudimentary shit behind economics.

>They are

Show them to me.

>Also how will the homeless get their 20k?

Where did you pull 20k from?

> that means annually there will be a federal payout of 900 billion dollars for UB

Look at the fucking defense budget. Are you fucking kidding me? You think that's a necessity?
>>
>>735327169
>all physical and mental deficiencies are equal

get a load of this faggot.
>>
File: Ld0FX7D.png (486KB, 788x656px) Image search: [Google]
Ld0FX7D.png
486KB, 788x656px
>>735327094

Fuck off.
>>
>>735326666
might be the only thing itt that actually makes sense.

not saying they should get a bunch of shit for free but should among the first to get help if they choose to accept it.
>>
>>735327257
ugh. The stupidness of people is really amazing to me sometimes.
>>
>>735327254
You realised if everyone climbed to the top of the corporate ladder there wouldn't be a ladder in the first place, in order for that system to exist people have to be right at the very bottom of it struggling to feed themselves and their families
>>
>>735325563
First of all, you were the one who said it was the wrong way initially, so the onus of proof actually rests on you
Second, I've made a number of other posts to this effect, but, social assistance is available in every country in the western world. It's bad for business to have homeless people all over the place begging when you are trying to attract tourists. All countries already provide social assistance in the form of food and shelter. Look online ("google") and see what is available in your country. Then, go instruct the homeless people on how to take advantage of those programs. I guarantee they either (a) cant figure that out (b) already know and are too lazy to go there (c) already know but are too fucked up on substances to care about going (d) actually chose to be homeless or (d) have significant mental illness which prevents them from taking advantage of the program. Universal income will not help any of these groups of people, at all. Social assistance is already available, but they don't use it. How will giving money to people (more welfare, which already exists) help at all?
>>
>>735320612
It is called minimum wage.
>>
>>735327383

I wasn't trying to be cruel. It the reality.
>>
>>735327407
(ahh two d's. you get the picture)
>>
>>735327403
It's a start. Don't like it? Do what everyone else has been doing for years and bust your nuts to move up.
>>
>>735326723
I'm not him but as I said in another post I'm not for this UBI thing; I don't see the benefit of it but I also don't see the harm in it. It's just money that's going to go right back into the economy and it will be taxed and the government will get it and it will just be in circulation. It'll just flow around like water. I haven't seen anyone make a solid argument against it. I think it's not going to help anything but if it doesn't hurt anything, why not try it?
>>
>>735327207
I pay a third of my income in tax, and that's not counting taxes on shit I buy.
That's not a little bit of fucking tax.
>>
>>735327407
>the onus of proof actually rests on you
If you are going to say retarded bullshit like this, than i am not going to bother reading the rest of your retarded bullshit.
>>
>>735327507
Umm.. No.
>>
>>735327571
Canadian? Our taxes are fucking bullshit.
>>
>>735327099
Hey no problem. Try >>>/co/, it might be more on your level, lots of pictures
>>
>>735320612
Nice try Zuckerberg.
>>
When I was a kid, I had a racist uncle. He used to have an expression called "Nigger Rich." Because he felt like when black people got a big sum of money all at once they would just rush out and blow it and buy a Cadillac. That's what's going to happen with this; if you give people free money they're just going to piss it away. You don't appreciate something unless you work for it.
>>
File: IMG_1854.png (579KB, 450x1011px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1854.png
579KB, 450x1011px
Ever heard of welfare?
You see here in the states it's rather easy to get it
It's to the point where the middle class pays the poor to sit around doing nothing
Why?
Because they are getting thousands a month, what encentive do they have to leave?
I know actual people who have families who just leech off of a disabled persons welfare
>>
>>735327530
In that case, why not give everyone a million dollars a week? More water to flow, right?
>>
>>735326007
These people never had an addict family member always needing money. If they gave them all their money, they wouldn't be here because they'd hock their computer to keep a shithead alive. If they figured out the trap of trying to just throw money at an adult who is neither willing, nor able to spend it responsibly and keep themselves alive, they'd be against UBI. They'll figure it out when the person they're trying to help ruins their favorite thing forever by crossing boundaries that can't be uncrossed.
>>
>>735321256
38% of US jobs are predicted to be replaced by robots within the next 15 years and that number is only going to grow from there. It order for the continued function of society we have to completely rethink our economic structure, and that means basic universal income and similar measures.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/24/technology/robots-jobs-us-workers-uk/index.html
>>
>>735320612

Eugenics is the way to go. Destroy the undesirables based on intelligence and physical attributes. If you are not smart enough to work then you are dumb enough to die.

Problem solved.
>>
>>735327207
>a little bit of tax

no, i'm saying you and everyone itt bitching about homeless people and their rights should open your homes to them and feed them, give them a place to live.

a little bit of tax?

are you fucking kidding me?

you wouldn't be able to afford a diet coke if it were put on taxpayers of any country to clean this problem up.

jump off a bridge.
>>
>>735327530

Taxing unearned money generated from taxing earned money. Doh.
>>
>>735327698
Not to mention already the government throws away 45% of my fucking income just because I actually went to college to get a decent job
>>
>>735327571
A third? Fuck off.

After income tax, sales tax, property tax and school tax, I'd say I get to keep 40% of my earnings.
>>
>>735327269
>Small and large businesses will still fucking sell shit for money.
Yes, except now the dollar (on a global scale) has been devalued so that the new baseline is 20k or effectively zero. Do you not even have a high-school level understanding of macro economics?

>Show them to me
Go to the biggest city near you and watch the panhandlers for a day. Go out into the country and see how many are asking for room and board for work.

Anyone who is homeless uses the government funded systems available to them to get back on their feet or they remain homeless and leech.

>Where did you pull 20k from?
>I have no idea what anyone is talking about but i'll be damned if I don't argue about it

Keep up retard.

>You think that's a necessity?

Ask Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Qatar and Syria. Oh also NATO nations and the U.N. who desperately need america to be the world police.

Also 900B is about 20% of the US GDP. You don't get 20 fuck percent by cutting budgets.
>>
>>735327777
Someone still has to manage the robots, program, etc, and many jobs can't easily be replaced by robots
>>
>>735323653
Usually I buy my homeless friends whiskey. They don't want food or shelter they want that sweet thunderbird whiskey
>>
>>735327792

Your gene pool would not make it very long under that order.

Not to mention distribution of wealth is not entirely reliant on merit. While merit is a huge part of that equation, a lot of retards inherit stupid amounts of money. Knowing that and allowing them to live would only make your idea a disingenuous piece of shit that does not work to solve anything. We must as well pick people at random and shoot them.
>>
>>735327721
Yeah that's my point, it won't hurt but it won't help. But if people are screaming for it, let them have it. I do see a couple of downsides, like it's gonna be another fucking government agency to handle all this shit. But I don't see a solid argument against it.
>>
>>735320612
I could actually support this idea. But only under the condition that taxes are not raised to pay for it. All they have to do is reallocate the spending from other wasteful things, which could be done.

Unfortunately, government spending has gotten so large that any reallocation means cutting current spending somewhere else where jobs will be lost. And that will mean other people get screwed.

Those won't be important jobs - stuff like the people who study why a certain town in Alaska eats more flounder than the next town, or a half-million dollar grant to West Flyspeck, Nevada to remodel their museum - but with all those employees screaming that they are going to lose their jobs, politicians won't have the guts to make the hard choices.

People hate Congress but love their own Congressperson since that's person who brings home the grant money.

I'm all for spending on keeping people healthy, fed and housed, but not one more penny in tax dollars to do it because more taxes are not necessary.
>>
>>735327777

Quads of population control. That's the answer.
>>
>>735320612
Theses losers would still be on the streets!!! The USA just have more money for drugs.
>>
>>735328042
Nice b8 m8. You had me for a minute.
>>
>>735326803
There;s a huge huge difference between "not entitled to be alive", "not entitled to the necessities to support life", and "entitled to a swift and painless death".

The idea is after jail people will be ready again to be contributing members of society and many are. It's pretty tough though because no one gives them a break after.

I do agree that with people thrown in jail for life (like, US life where it's actually their whole life) not Canadian and other life which is 25 years max and then they are on the street again) there should probably be some kind of death penalty, but you guys already have that, so whats the big deal?

Plus, the welfare and social assistance available to homeless people is actually as good or better than jails - if they take advantage of it. No one can go force them to live in a good place and eat three square meals a day like they can force criminals to do, that's the difference.
>>
Not to mention, if everyone has a income, prices will rise to acomodate because more can afford, then the minimum will rise, and a never ending cycling starts
>>
>>735327530
>it's just money that's going to go right back into the economy
Except it isn't. Currency devalues the more of it there is. It is also devalued by how much is being spent not to mention that a good deal of that money would be going to grey or black markets which will not make their way back into the system.

If you think a solid argument hasn't been made then you don't understand how currency works, it is founded on the value of scarcity, lowering the scarcity lowers the value.
>>
>>735320612

If you work a full time job, you deserve a living wage.

If you do nothing, and are capable of doing something, you deserve nothing.

If you do nothing and are capable of doing nothing because of reasons beyond your control, you deserve to be looked after if it's feasible.

If you do nothing and are capable of doing nothing because of your own decisions, then you've chosen your fate already.

Did I sum up the practical onlooker's idea of the situation?
>>
>>735328100
Congratulations on being only the 14th person to make this retarded argument.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>735327580
Here, read this then
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof_(law)
>>
>>735327931
Initially someone will need to manage the AIs but that number will be absurdly lower then the amount of jobs lost to those AIs.

Also just about all jobs will be easily replaced in a few decades. A recent study from Oxford and Yale shows AI will outperform humans in all tasks in just 40 years.
>>
I don't understand how this actually would work... Every American citizen would get some form of income, theres so many questions and impossibility to this.

At what age does this start?

Where is the money coming from? Is this a system where everyone gets the same amount of money for work.. in which case, a doctor going to medical school for 8 years, dealing in literal life or death situations, and with immeasurable responsibility would make the same as a janitor?

Or is it more like everyone gets a paycheck for anything / everything?

Do we create a new government department set to 'assigning' jobs to people who are applying? Also how is that going to work, Do some people get paid the same to shovel roadkill, vs reception work, vs. construction work, vs. a bus driver?
>>
File: 1494468087218.jpg (88KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1494468087218.jpg
88KB, 700x700px
>>735320612
>give these people a load of undeserved money
>they spend it all on booze and hard drugs instead of housing
really makes you think
>>
>>735328030

I am not saying i would make it, i probably wouldnt based on the fact that i suffer from asthma.

That being said, the world would be better with less people.

Kill em all
>>
>>735328140
so having money socked away in savings, or invested overseas, or is better for the economy?
>>
>>735327749
Yes
>>
>>735328228
That does not apply to this situation you fucking moron.

You are so mind numbingly stupid.
>>
>>735328059
So instead of retooling our economy so everyone can have all their basic needs met without suffering, you'd rather choose to genocide the population just so people still have to work shit jobs for shit pay, or starve if they aren't able to work?

You're fucking insane, kys.
>>
>>735328228
I'm not even that guy, but you're a moron to think that some random made up rules about "proof" exist in the real world, much less on a Taiwanese knitting forum.

I bet you work as some sort of wage slave because you lack critical thinking skills and like to parrot shit you heard back in school to sound self-important.
>>
>>735328248
The concept of UBI as it stands now is that if you make less than $20k a year you are given a cheque for whatever amount will bring you to 20k. A doctor would make nothing from the UBI. A homeless drug addict that refuses to work will get 20k
>>
>>735320612
I'd let Bill Burr work his magic on the population
>>
>>735320888
Trips have spoken. It is done.
>>
>>735321019
"You don't have the right to anyone else's labor. That's called slavery, gang." -Based Ben Shapiro

But really. You have no right to food or shelter. You have the right to make it or trade consensually for it. But not the right to just "have it." That doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>735328244
Then tell me oh great sir, if robots replace all jobs, then how will people pay for goods, and if the government forces them to make the services free, then why continue operating, they then give it over to the government, which has no incentive to make the products worth anything, placing everyone as equals, making life as grey as day, which the. Leads to the question, why have citizens of robots serve us, etc
>>
>>735328347
How so? you made a claim, that the current system is broken. I provided you with a reasoned argument despite you not backing your claim up with anything. You neither provided any proof to back that claim (despite the fact that the burden of proof was yours), you also refused to read my argument.

That is some amateur shit, anon.
>>
>>735327926
>Yes, except now the dollar (on a global scale) has been devalued so that the new baseline is 20k or effectively zero.

You don't understand what you're saying. 20,000 =/= 0 and it never will. Do you think companies will start charging 8000 dollars for milk and expect to get away with that shit?

There are fucking TONNES of food being throw out daily because they expire since they supply is there and the demand is not.

>Do you not even have a high-school level understanding of macro economics?

What kind of a retard highschool wastes time to teach economics instead of pre-calc and other college prereqs?

>Go to the biggest city near you and watch the panhandlers for a day.

SHOW ME PEER-REVIEWS STATISTICS YOU DENSE TWAT.

>Keep up retard.

So you pulled it out of your ass. I would never have guessed.

>Ask Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Qatar and Syria. Oh also NATO nations and the U.N. who desperately need america to be the world police.

All of those countries are incapable of invading hte U.S due to geography. The budget is this bloated because the US keeps playing politics in parts of the world they have no business in being.

Playing the role of World Sheriff is a choice and a really fucking expensive one. I would much rather have less people starving in my country than playing CIv VI in middle east trying to control the world's oil supply.
>>
>>735328552
>>735328552
Oh my god... He is still typing.
>>
If the UBI is, say, $800 a month, and everybody gets that, then $800 will be equal to 0
>>
File: 011.jpg (103KB, 630x450px) Image search: [Google]
011.jpg
103KB, 630x450px
>>735328440
>you'd rather choose to genocide the population just so people still have to work shit jobs for shit pay, or starve if they aren't able to work?

YES!
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.