[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do American people have traditional food ? Eurofag here (Austria)

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 277
Thread images: 25

Do American people have traditional food ?
Eurofag here (Austria)
I was thinking about traditional foods and nothing came to my mind when i thought about the usa, so its your duty to tell me what your traditional food is.
(Hamburgers and Bacon do not count)
>>
Hot wings?
BBQ?
Biscuits and Gravy?
>>
We eat the souls of the missforunate to fuel the black empire. We don't have time to eat your carb dense eastern block slave food.

We are too wired making drone F-16s and popping amphetamines to care about you
>>
>>735106336
Believe it or not, the Reuben sandwich was created here. Best sandwich ever.
A lot of traditional foods came from other origins because of the amount of immigration we've historically had.
>>
>>735106336
My information may be wrong, but I was told that Americans invented:

>Hot dogs
>Pizza
>Nachos
>French Fries

Basically all the trash we eat here that we blame other countries for
>>
>>735106523
>BBQ is not a food, its a way of cooking meat
>gravy is not fuckin american
But you get 2 points for hot wings and biscuits
>>
>>735106336
oats maybe?
>>
>>735106983
Hot dogs > german
French fries > belgium
Pizza > italy
Nachos > mexico

What did you think while writing this post boi
>>
File: 13E74C8.jpg (703KB, 1280x1821px) Image search: [Google]
13E74C8.jpg
703KB, 1280x1821px
>>735106336

That is a fair question, since America as we know it today is a nation of immigrants from primarily Europe our "traditional" food varies with the region.

As people from different countries settled down in various areas you had the rise of local food. Pennsylvania for example is heavily influenced by the Germans and Austrians so we have a lot of baked goods that have their roots in that area of Europe.

Same thing with New Orleans, largely populated with French so you have food with ties to France. If there is one single food that is unique to America it is probably Barbecue and even that has regional differences and differs with the type of meat used and the sauce.

So if this is some sort of attempt at an insult the hurr durr Amerifags have no culture you are dead wrong. We have so many cultures that its impossible for a small minded Eurofag to possibly comprehend them.
>>
>>735106983

>Pizza
>Nachos

Are you serious?
When people say things to you, do you just blindly believe everything they say?
>>
>>735106336
Google soul food. Or Cajun.
>>
>>735106336
Especially not bacon, everyone knows that the nation most obsessed with bacon is Denmark.
>>
>>735106336
fettucini alfredo
hot pockets
general tso chicken
budweiser
>>
>>735107083
BBQ is a range of culinary styles that vary between states and regions. It's pulled pork, brisket, chicken, hot sauce, white sauce, slaw, et al

Also catfish and hush puppies
>>
>>735106336
>most "culturally enriched" country in the world
>now tell me about your traditional foods
>>
coolranch doritos crusted tacos
>>
>>735107848
Not that catfish and hush puppies are bbq, just American.
Like Cajun.
Soul food.
Influences of African, European, and Native American culinary traditions
>>
>>735107805
Budweiser is based on a Czech beer called budjovicky.
I've had both and the Czech version is better.
>>
File: 1d8.png (335KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1d8.png
335KB, 600x600px
>>735107617
Lulz i was just curious
There are many turks here in austria so we got to taste their foods too.
But the best thing about turkish people here is that they sell top kek here
>>
Coca Cola.
>>
Clam chowder. Pot roast. Pastys. Okra. Cornbread. Black eyed peas. Collard greens. Tex-Mex. Pecan pie. Grits. Hushpuppies. Barbecue. Cajun. Creole. Plus lots of stuff brought over from England or Germany.
>>
>>735106336

>macque choux
>jambalaya
>gumbo
>etouffee
>boiled crawfish
>>
>>735106336
What about fried chicken?
>>
Google
>Traditional native American food
Question answered
>>
>>735106336
The only cuisine that truly originates from the United States are Cajun and Native American.
>>
>>735106336

Stop being lazy and google something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_foods
>>
>>735106336
hamburgers
>>
Scrapple
>>
>>735108993
Barbecue, soul food, Tex-mex...
>>
>>735108610
The first four might be true, but boiled crawfish has existed in every country that has crawfish since the dawn of man.
Heck there is even a danish word for a party based on eating boiled crawfish, it's called krebsegilde.
>>
>>735108016
That's because it's beer. American Budweiser is carbonated water with a fake beer flavour.
>>
>>735109105
Doesn't mean it's not an American dish as well
>>
>>735109041
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_foods
>bread
wat
>>
>>735109234
Kek
>>
>>735109161
I never said that, what I meant was that it didn't originate from there, since most of the world knows crawfish are delicious.
>>
>>735109103
None of those are American. America didn't invent grilling and spices.
>>
>>735109234
Sliced bread.
>>
PHILLY CHEESESTEAK!!
>>
>>735109151
>>735108016

the two have nothing to do with each other. they aren't even the same kind of ale.
>>
>>735109293
>traditional foods
>implying you must invent it for it to be traditional
No body invented alligators but gator tail is sure as hell a traditional Floridian food
>>
>>735107083
BBQ is classified as both a food and a style of cooking. Gravy isn't American, but the combo is.
Also, Sweet Tea bitch.
>>
>>735109385

>ale

meant lager. I kept thinking about Miller when I was posting. Budweiser is an American style pale lager, has nothing to do with beer or that Czech company.
>>
>>735109560
What is the country of origin for gravy? I would guess Britain but I can't find anything on it
>>
>>735106336
soul food
>>
>>735109041
>waffle
no
>steamed clams
no
>steak
What
>sandwich
...?
>Peanut butter
keep trying
>hot chicken
Guess the world was eating cold chicken until now
>hamburger
Doubt it
>Doughnut
no
>Bread
Fuck off.
>>
>>735109041
Why do people open ylyl thread if they could just google funny pictures smh lazy people
>>
>>735109873

Just because it didn't originate in America doesn't mean it's not a traditional American food.

I'd say anything served at a Thanksgiving dinner would be called a traditional American food.
>>
>>735106336
nuggets
>>
>>735106848
with immigration you mean everything except native Americans right?
Also wasn't corn the only thing the first "Americans" ate for years because no other farming and war with natives? That could count as traditional food right?
>>
File: stfukike.jpg (161KB, 926x875px) Image search: [Google]
stfukike.jpg
161KB, 926x875px
>>735107527

>hotdogs, german

the idea of the sausage comes from Germany, the act of placing it in a roll and eating it with condiments originated in the USA.

>French fries, Belgium

Americans have been eating fried potatoes since before we were introduced to the French cut method. so this is kind of a stale mate imho

>pizza, Italy

I have had the pizza in Italy, and the similarity is in name only. the kind of pizza we make in the USA originated here and has very little in common with Italian pizza.

>nachos, mexico

negative. its what we call "tex-mex" which is a kind of food that originates in the USA but under heavy Mexican influence. True, nachos were first made in Mexico, but they were made to feed Americans. Look it up.

>what did you think while writing this boi

that you yuropoors would actually try to have a conversation instead of screaming "NUH UH IT CAME FROM EURUP FIRST HUEHUEHUEHUE"
>>
>>735106983
Hot "dogs"? this is in china
>>
File: ranch-dressing-19-600.jpg (212KB, 600x556px) Image search: [Google]
ranch-dressing-19-600.jpg
212KB, 600x556px
Ranch dressing
>>
>>735106336
Corn based foods (cornbread) , Potato based foods (mashed potatoes) could be argued are traditional becuase the plants themselves originated here.
>>
>>735110328

corn and potatoes are traditional crops, yes. so are tomatoes.
>>
>>735110328
You forget potatoes and tomatoes originated in the Americas.
>>
>>735106336
Turkey. You fuck face
>>
>>735110374
Boi i really did not want to insult americans, sorry!
>>
Eggs Benedict
Barbecue
Buffalo Wings
Sloppy Joes
Jambalaya
Philly Cheesesteak
Pilgrim/Puritan
Clam Chowder

We've actually made a lot more desserts, no surprise here
Banana Split
Cheesecake
Brownies
Cupcakes
Doughnuts
Frozen Yogurt
Fudge
Funnel Cake
Ice Cream
Jello
Oreos
Smores
Key Lime Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Milkshake
>>
>>735110574
O dam ur right
>>
>>735110688
Please don't mention key lime pie, every time I hear of it, I lament the fact that live on the other side of the planet. It's just so fucking good.
>>
>>735110374
>It was made somewhere else first, but we also make it xDxDxdzx
How id this shit supposed to prove anything, kid?
>>
>>735110870

yeah, its pretty good. chowder is my favorite tho. I don't know how you can live over there without clam chowder.
>>
>>735110805
I know im right. America has a rich history for a country less than 400 years old. But they dont fucking swallow cock and harp about traditional food. They actually just take it for granted. Because that is humility
>>
>>735110982

Look.
It.
Up.

nachos were created to appease American tastes. That, almost by definition, makes it an American food. It wasn't created for Mexicans, it was created for us.
>>
>>735106336
Grilled T-bone steak with mashed potatoes, gravy, and corn on the cob.
>>
>>735107083
BBQ is meat you eurofag. I'm a yankee and I know that for Christ's sake.
>>
>>735111066
Yeah clam chowder is great, it's the fact that I have all of the ingredients nearby if I want it that makes it less important to me than key lime pie though.
You can almost only get good Key Lime pie in southern Florida and since I come from and live in Denmark, I don't get to go there often to eat it.
>>
>>735107687
This and creole probably. Hard to have traditional food in the same sense as the rest of the world when everyone's a fucking immigrant though
>>
>>735106336
Did you try freedom? Because that's the most delicious meal we have.
>>
>>735111166
yeah ur a fuckin idiot bud
>>
>>735111240

bait/10

barbeque is a cooking method. anything, not just meat, can be barbequed.

meat that has been barbequed and then covered in some kind of sauce during and after cooking is the most common type of barbeque in the USA, so that alone is why we simply call it "barbeque" or BBQ.

Here in the South, we refer to all kinds of soda as "Coke." Just because we call a Dr. Pepper a "Coke" does not mean that Dr. Pepper is Coca Cola. You need to stop playing word games, anon.
>>
>>735111462
I've visited your home several times.
The freedom I witnessed there wasn't much different from the freedom we have here.
>>
>>735106336

Pizza
Spaghetti
Tacos
Crepes

And the list goes on and on
>>
>>735110374
This. I've also been to Italy and I've had margarita pizza, and it's a stretch to say that American pizza is similar. Italian pizza consists mostly of a flat bread base, smeared tomato paste, oregano and some light vegetarian toppings. I don't think they even use cheese or meats but I could be wrong.

Also I've been to Mexico and nachos are most definitely not a thing. Neither are burritos, at least nothing recognizable since American burritos are stuffed with meat and cheese while Mexican burritos are usually just bean paste with some cheese and a bit of meat. No lettuce or tomatoes.
>>
>>735111514

and you didn't get ur grade 12 bud.
>>
>>735111594

yeah, its common for them to try and claim our pizza as being a rip on theirs, but the two are just not the same. and if they want to play the whole "well, we put tomato sauce on bread first" game, then I will gladly play the whole "tomatos come from America" game.

and yeah, tex-mex gets taken for granted. a lot of stuff people think is "Mexican" is not at all Mexican or only Mexican American at best. but such is life, being an American. they will claim "we have no culture" and then turn around and bitch about us exporting our culture all over the world.
>>
>>735110374
I have to agree, I've been to both Italy and Mexico. I ordered the margarita pizza in Italy and it was just a flat base bread, smeared tomato paste and some oregano with sprinkled vegetables, sometimes. No cheese, and no meats. As far as Mexican nachos go, they don't typically eat them. A perfect example of the misery is that an American burrito, is stuffed with meat, cheese, beans, rice and lettuce or tomato. Not the Mexican burrito. It's usually a tortilla with refried bean paste, light meat and some cheese. Quite a stretch for those two meals to be considered similar to their origins.
>>
>>735109873
"Hot chicken" does not mean it's heated up dumb ass.
>>
>>735106848

i believed it. then I googled the ingredients.
>corned beef
>sauerkraut
>swiss cheese

>english
>german
>swiss

and for all the weirdos among you: it was invented by a jew. i bet that is somehow of importance to some of you.
>>
>>735111166
When the creator was mexican and the dish made in mexico, why would the guests' nationality matter? Classic greasy murican logic
>>
>>735111895
>>735111594
My bad, double posted cuz phone signal sucks shit
>>
>>735112028

um, because what makes a dish belong to a culture or not is based around whether or not it was made for that culture? I mean, do you consider McDonalds to be part of your culture just because they make the hamburgers there?
>>
>>735106983
French fries are from France idiot
>>
>>735112005

so if the ingredients for something don't originate in the country that its made, then the dish isn't part of that country's culture? if so, you yuropoors are fucked if any of your dishes contain corn, potatoes, or tomatoes.
>>
>>735110374
xD
>>
>>735108993
Isn't Cajun a style of cooking rather than a food?
>>
>>735112346
Everything in this world is derivative of something else, why are you being all tribal and calling people yuropoor?
>>
>>735110374
I think ultimately, a lot of American food is kinda like this list. You got certain types of stuff people brought here from other cultures, but over time after they got to the US, it was applied different ways.

For example, somebody said reuben sandwich at the top. Apparently, it was invented by some jewish guy in Nebraska, according to google, whether thats true or not, meh... But I know for a fact sauerkraut is German, and has been around since before America was even a thing in Europe's eyes

I'd imagine a lot of "American" food is like that
>>
>>735112447

so then there you go. the reuben was invented here, why does the origin of the ingredients matter enough for you to post about it?
>>
>>735112222

No, they are from Belgium, but Mamericans don't know the difference.
>>
>>735112434
Gumbo and Jambalaya aren't Native to any other culture that I know of.

There are also Crawdad boils that I don't believe are traditional in any other culture.
>>
>>735112530
I didn't, I was just reacting to your post.
I'm the guy who was gushing about key lime pie earlier though.
>>
>>735112222

we only call them French Fries because they are French cut. they don't come from france, the French don't prefer to cut their fried potatoes that way.
>>
>>735106523
Biscuits in America are scones.
Biscuits in Britain are sweet.
>>
>>735112706
How different can you make boiling a crawfish?
It's water, salt and crawfish.
People have been doing this all over the world since we discovered crawfish.
>>
>>735112706
Yea, but someone could argue with you that there's a heavy French influence in a lot of Cajun food
>>
>>735112818
An American biscuit is nothing like an English scone, scones have always make me think of really big chocolate chip cookies that someone fucked up and never put any chocolate chips in
>>
File: shrimp-boil-pic-2.jpg (89KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
shrimp-boil-pic-2.jpg
89KB, 600x399px
>>735112822
Yes but do your boils look like this?
>>
>>735112854

"influence" and "origin" are not the same, anon
>>
>>735112854
Theres alot of native american and spanish influence on Mexican food, but its still its own thing.
>>
Peanut butter and jelly sammich with the crust cut off faggots
>>
>>735111576
>Yurop: Deny holocaust, go to jail
>USA: Nobody gives a shit, you can say what you want

>Yurop: Criticize immigrants, go to jail
>USA: Tell immigrants to fuck off, nobody cares

>Yurop: Criticize God, go to jail for blasphemy
>USA: Freedom of speech and religion

Yea, you're really "free"
>>
>>735110531
Don't forget Chocolate, Aztecs used cacao in so many things.
>>
>>735112818

yeah, our biscuits are not like scones at all. they are kind of independent of what you guys in Britain do, we just use the word "biscuit." Because of Dutch influence, we prefer to use the word "cookie" to describe what you would refer to as a "biscuit." that kind of left the word "biscuit" up for grabs, and we applied it to the "almost-roll-not-quite-scone" foodstuff that we make.
>>
>>735113099
hmm... fair point, but there's french ingredients in a lot of it. PoBoys are def. considered cajun, but they're on french bread that existed long before cajun cooking was a thing, how do you reconcile what ingredients are foreign, vs a uniquely "American" food?
>>
>>735113270

and yet somehow we incarcerate more of our own population than they do. math is hard, huh anon?
>>
File: Krebsegilde.jpg (1MB, 1512x1512px) Image search: [Google]
Krebsegilde.jpg
1MB, 1512x1512px
>>735113069
No they look like this.
>>
>>735112822
Water and salt only would be stupidly bland. Sounds shit, Lake charles, la here.. so I've definitely had a few once in a while. Pretty depressing that crawfish seasons just about over too.
>>
>>735110688
to add to that list,
Hash Browns
Corn Beef Hash
Chili Dogs
Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken Fried Steak
Salisbury Steak
Cornbread
Meatloaf
Pulled Pork
>>
>>735107805
>>735108016
Literal piss water is better than Budweiser. Fucking garbage.
>>
File: 1495716746205.jpg (78KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1495716746205.jpg
78KB, 600x450px
>>735109060
>>
>>735113342

yes, but not chocolate. tbh fam, what the Mesoamericans did with cacao doesn't even resemble what the Europeans did with it. its like comparing Italian pizza to American pizza, it just doesn't work.
>>
>>735113480
agreed
>>
Honestly, you gotta kinda break it down a little more to get a clear picture.

There isn't a traditional American food. There's traditional southern American food(soul food, creole), New England(chowder, Jew food), plains/Midwest(whatever those titanic people eat) etc.

Hell you could even break it down by large-ish states. Gator tail in Florida to ludafisk in Minnesota
>>
Spam
>>
this thread told me that americans thing they invented everything but actually havent done shit

yup just as expected
>>
>>735112142

Most American sources attribute nachos to a bloke called Nacho Anaya, who was working in the Victory Club in Ciudad Acuna, a border town in Mexico. The story goes that one day in 1943 the wives of US servicemen popped over the border for some food. Arriving late, there was little to serve them, so Nacho whipped up what he had left: some corn chips, cheese and jalapeno chillies. Nachos were born.

Made specifically for your culture. Based on muricunts' tastes and preferences. With love, care and selected ingredients based on whatever the fuck was left in the kitchen. If this was a carefully treated process your argument might've made sense.
Following your logic, mcd's would be a part of my cultural food heritage. After all, they make burgers specifically for me and my people.
>>
>>735113463
dude, there's no way hash browns are "American", you gotta think that shit through.....
>>
>>735113480

if you don't like pale lager, then you don't like pale lager. I don't like Budweiser, but I hate the "lol is piss" meme even more.
>>
>>735113459
You couldn't fucking shell the things before you cooked em?
>>
>>735113704
The united states claims to have done a lot of things, but they were actually done by someone else.
>>
>>735113270
>Yurop: Deny holocaust, go to jail
>USA: Nobody gives a shit, you can say what you want
Yeah that is only in germany.
>Yurop: Criticize immigrants, go to jail
>USA: Tell immigrants to fuck off, nobody cares
People over here criticize them all of the time, only people who incite violence towards them go to jail.
>Yurop: Criticize God, go to jail for blasphemy
>USA: Freedom of speech and religion
What are you smoking, I'm a European atheist who openly criticize god/religion, nobody has thrown me in jail.
>>735113462
What else do you add?
We tend to add dill as well.
>>
Probably fire cooked food, like American Bison, white tailed Deer, Wild Turkey, berries like blueberries, cranberries, huckleberries, farkleberries, the Aboriginals weren't that creative with food.
>>
>>735110374
Good day,
I am Mrs. Hannah freeman., a US citizen, Am 52 years old. I am one of those people that took part in receiving Inheritance funds and Lottery funds from European banks even from many lottery organizers few years ago and they refused to pay me, I had paid different fees while in the United States trying to get my funds from those banks and lottery organizers but all to no avail. So I decided to travel to Nigeria with all my compensation documents, and I was directed by the IMF Director to contact the reconciliatory Attorney Anderson Morris who is an attorney, A British citizen and a member of the UNITED NATIONS & IMF COMPENSATION AWARD COMMITTEE currently working with IMF in the Nigeria and I contacted him and he explained everything to me. He said whoever is contacting us through emails are fake. Attorney Anderson Morris personally directed me on how to claim my Inheritance or Lottery payment.

Right now I have received my compensation funds of $5,500,000.00 (Five million five hundred thousand dollars). Moreover, Attorney Anderson Morris, showed me the full information of those that are yet to receive their Inheritance or Lottery payment and I saw your name as one of the beneficiaries, and your email address, that is why I decided to email you to stop dealing with those people, they are not with your fund, they are only making money out of you.
I will personally advise you to contact Attorney Anderson Morris, he will assist you as he is a very religious man with the fear of God.
Compensation Award Office.

You really have to stop dealing with those people that are contacting you and telling you that your fund is with them, it is not in anyway with them, they are only taking advantage of you and they will dry you up until you have nothing. The only money I paid after I met Attorney Anderson Morris was just $350 for the Endorsement Fee, take note of that.

Thank You and Be Blessed.
>>
>>735113710

all I wanted you to do was look it up. I won.

now go study for your grad 12 anon.
>>
>>735113851
Picking them apart and sucking out the good bits is part of the charm though.
It's a meal you work for twice, once to catch them and once to eat them.
>>
POUTINE
>>
>>735113888
>only people who incite violence towards them
yes becuase simply criticizing would never be blown out of proportion by police.
>>
>>735113656
I agree, so some of the arguments about using french bread for x doesn't matter, if the Americans improved upon it and made something different is what counts? can everyone agree on that?
>>
Philadelphia cheese steak.
>>
>>735114020
poutine isn't American, but it is absolutely delicious.
>>
>>735114023
Of course it would, but then when it goes to court and people lay out their case, they usually get out of a charge if they genuinely didn't incite violence.
>>
>>735114024

>can everyone agree on that
>in a yuropoor shitpost thread on /b/
>pls guize?

kek
>>
>>735114117
Since we're on the subject, what about Chili and Chili fries?
>>
North american faggot
>>
>>735114024
agree, most American food is ingredients from other places that has evolved into something else.

It's tough though, say you're at a bbq, you're eating a hotdog on a bun, according to anon above, that's American bc it's on a roll. But your kid only eats them cut up on a plate, that same hotdog is now, German? I comes down to how you classify a lot of it...
>>
>>735114074
This. Has anyone been to that city's cheesesteak joints? Any favorite restaurants? What do you like on yours?
>>
>>735106806
Lol
>>
File: 1493878317868.jpg (55KB, 1000x804px) Image search: [Google]
1493878317868.jpg
55KB, 1000x804px
>>735113939
A glorious day for muricunts nationwide. Grats
>>
>>735114378

the hot dog sausage no longer resembles its german counterpart. the distinction happened in 1870, which means the hot dog has been American for around 150 years.
>>
>>735114242
Chili has so many different styles that'd be hard to put on any one country. I am curious what the earliest version of chili would be like
>>
Cheese dip is from America although tied to Mexican food it was in fact invented in my state.
>>
Cheese. Steak. Green peppers. Caramelized onions. Jus to dip.
>>
File: img_6606.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
img_6606.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
deep fried butter
>>
>>735114550

>that city's cheesesteak joints
>what do you like on yours

stfu. there is only one, and its Pat's. If you go to Gino's then you are a faggit. you get one wiz with, you pay ur $5, and you walk the fuck away. I bet you walk up to the wrong window too yah bozo.
>>
>>735114550
Pat's and Gino's are the two main ones. Theres even a shit load of variation in a "philly cheese steak" depending where in PA you are, hardcore philly style is an Amoroso roll with steak meat, onions, and cheezewiz, you go two counties over, they put marinara sauce on em, you get to Pittsburgh, and they put fucking lettuce and tomatoes and french fries on em
>>
>>735106336
Peanut butter and jelly sandwhich with bacon and banana
>>
>>735113782
Not only a meme, it's the truth. Yuengling and Leinenkugel's pale lagers are actually good. Budweiser is just shit beer.
>>
>>735114737
see, that is not what an actual Philly philly cheese steak is, you ask for jus sauce to dip in Pats or Ginos and, no shit, they will soup nazi your ass to the back of the line
>>
>>735106983
>inb4 america didn't invent any of those things
>Germany
>Italy in modern form, concept by persians
>Mexico
>all across Europe for centuries
>>
File: IMG_0249.jpg (240KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0249.jpg
240KB, 2000x1000px
>>735109873
>guess the world was eating it cold
>>
>>735113782
I love pale lager, but the Danish equivalent of Budweiser which is Carlsberg really is piss water.
It's so lacking in character that anyone can drink it, because it doesn't really have any distinctive tastes that people can disagree on.
>>
>>735112005
>swiss cheese isnt swiss
>>
>>735114981
>Yuengling

they don't make a pale lager you hipster trash. they have an IPL, but that is not the same thing.

>Leinenkugel

same fucking thing you trash degenerate. indian pale lager IS NOT the same thing as a pale lager.

this fucking meme
>>
>>735115085

>Ginos

faggit.
>>
>>735115368
blow me, at least im not callin' for green peppers and dipping sauce
>>
>>735114117
Canada is technically american.
>>
>>735115234

you have to remember too that Budweiser is meant to be a drink for the masses. Its lower in price that typical lagers, and can be drank in large amounts because of its lower abv.

would it be fair for me to judge Danish brewcraft based on Carlsberg? a drink meant to be cheap and available to all? that is my point. Budweiser keeps getting brought up because its a meme. easiest way to shit talk a culture is to go for the low hanging fruit.
>>
Amerifats don't even use kettles... They literally microwave water, m8.
>>
>>735115817
Ha, I'm sure they don't think so...
>>
>>735115574

you might as well be you moolie. I mean, why the fuck would you go to a place to eat a cheesesteak that sits RIGHT ACROSS THE FUCKING STREET from the original cheesesteak? they don't even do it different! its just some Jew trying to get in on Pat's money.
>>
>>735115924

nah bro. we don't use kettles or microwaves to make our tea. we throw it in the harbor.
>>
>>735115880
Well I wouldn't personally use it like that.
If I ever do bring up budweiser, I tend to follow it up with "Go have a visit to one of your local micro breweries, you guys do make great beer when it isn't made to appeal to everyone".
>>
>>735116006
you sound a bit too much like a cliche to be taken seriously
>>
>>735116143

and you sound too much like a nigger to be using the internet.
>>
States tend to have their own specialities.
>>
>>735116281
New England Clam Chowder?
Maryland Crab Cakes?
Coney Island Hot Dogs?
>>
>>735106336
Steak and Potatoes
>>
>>735106336

apple pie
american BBQ
funnel cakes
clam chowder
ranch dressing
corn dogs
cheese steak
cheese cake

and many many more regional specialties.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1464049495098.jpg (49KB, 720x675px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464049495098.jpg
49KB, 720x675px
>>735110374
Poor Amerifags btfo hahaha
>>
>>735106336

oh and onion rings and root beer
>>
>>735106336
Fried chicken, deep fried Twinkies, and your moms pussy
>>
>>735114550
Pat's and Geno's are ok for your first three times, and great every time after you're drunk. Other than that, there's so many places in Philadelphia where you can get better cheesesteaks for reasonable prices.
>>735114815
Pat's are like $10 now and they have peasant spec bread. Same with Geno's. Actually KYS for saying Pat's is the best. Anyone with functioning tastebuds knows there's way better cheesesteaks outside of that shit show intersection.
>>
>>735116445
Lowcountry BBQ from SC
Mephis BBQ from Tennessee
>>
The national american food is Chinese and Mexican food
>>
>>735106336
Maze and bannock
>>
>>735114783
We have a winner here folks, unless the Scots did it first or something.
>>
>>735106336
eurofag too but i guess i would call t-bone and ribeye steaks typical american food
>>
>>735114962
Is that the "Elvis"?
>>
>>735109873

peanut butter was indeed invented in the usa u twat.
>>
>>735115252
K anon, I get it. Some people like eating shit, and others like drinking piss.
Clearly you're the latter.
>>
>>735109234
>>735109873

tra·di·tion·al
trəˈdiSH(ə)n(ə)l/Submit
adjective
existing in or as part of a tradition; long-established.
"the traditional festivities of the church year"
synonyms: long-established, customary, time-honored, established, classic, accustomed, standard, regular, normal, conventional, usual, orthodox, habitual, set, fixed, routine, ritual; More
produced, done, or used in accordance with tradition.
"a traditional fish soup"
habitually done, used, or found.
"the traditional drinks in the clubhouse"

Op did not ask what foods were invented in America. He asked what were traditional American foods. Easily answered question from that list.
>>
>>735109041
That is a list of american food, not american TRADITIONAL food
>>
>>735106336
Look at any children's menu in the USA: kids meals:

Chicken nuggets
Grilled cheese
Spaghetti
Hot dog
Pizza
>>
>>735109292
So?
>>
>>735109293
0/10
>Americans didn't invent the fire so cooked meals don't count
>>
>>735118619
So it's more of a world food than it is connected to any single nation.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (334KB, 483x477px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot.png
334KB, 483x477px
>>735118521
wat
>>
Turkey on Thanksgiving
Lamb on Easter
And burgers and hot dogs absolutely count as long as they're cooked on an outdoor grill.
>>
>>735106848
I had my first Reuben about a year ago and god bless you Americans. Even came with a dill pickle which until recently was not really done here.

U.S. food is becoming more and more common in Australia and it's amazing. Cheese steaks, U.S. style burgers, proper onion rings (not Hungry Jacks shite), buffalo wings and blue cheese sauce. My god blue cheese sauce.

God bless you fat bastards for blue cheese sauce.
>>
>>735119476
Most of the west eats lamb on easter though.
>>
Lard
>>
>>735106336
Turkey sandwiches
>>
>>735106336
National American food is a cup of grease with a side of shame
>>
>>735119700
Fuck, I'm missing out. I only eat lamb once every two new year's eve dinners.
>>
>>735120448
I just wish I could afford it more often.
I'm a sucker for mutton.
>>
>>735106336

There's tons of american food. HAve you never been here? There's animals and plants that don't even exist outside north america.

Apple pie, pumpkin pie, fucking Turkey, all of thanksgiving food, anything involving cranberries, Bison steaks, Bison Burgers, etc...

All Cajun cuisine, Tex mex (spicier than regular mexican) New mexican green chili, New england clam chowder, roast beef sandwiches, Pulled Pork, Southern style BBQ ribs, almost every region has it's own dishes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_foods
>>
>>735119731

Turkey anything. Turkeys only live in north america. Same with pumpkins, cranberries and corn.
>>
>>735119477
>God bless you fat bastards for blue cheese sauce

Family recipe - you'll have to convert to metric

Blue cheese recipe

8oz Mayonaise (NOT lite!)
8oz Sour Cream
4 oz. GOOD Bleu Cheese (Maytag if you can get it)
2 oz. Bleu reserved for crumble
1 tbsp FRESH lemon juice
Zest of 1/2 of that lemon
1 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp fresh chopped Parsley

puree all ingredients, saving 2 oz crumble and chopped parsley for finishing.
>>
>>735120846
I've seen Turkey farms here in Denmark, but you're partially right, they only live in the wild in north america.
>>
>>735106336
mac and cheese with hot dogs cut up. pork n beans with hot dogs cut up. various other peoducts wjth hot dogs cut up into it. spaghettios come to mnd
>>
>>735119477

Had a Philly Cheese steak the other night, love them. I'm not even fat, skinny american here, lol. I eat burgers, bacon, cheese steaks, mozzarella sticks. It's the fucking french fries and soda that makes you fat. Don't eat that shit, no fries and just drink water and you won't become a bovine american.
>>
>>735120955

ah yeah that's kinda what i meant. Everyone has those things now, but traditionally they were america's contribution to the world culinary pallet.
>>
>>735120897

that's enough blue cheese for 30 people...
>>
>>735106336
Does anyone have any favorite methods for preparing burgers? Any type they like the best? Grilled, steamed, pan-fried?
>>
>>735120790

jesus you're making me hungry bro...
>>
>>735113463
Britfag here, I would say meatloaf is an American thing, not sure I've heard of it anywhere else.

Also cheese that's not cheese.
Surly only the fat fucks could make that.
>>
>>735120790
>Apples don't exist outside of North America
Apple pie was brought to the US by English settlers by the way.
>>
>>735121293
Yeah them, potatoes, tomatoes and some other things.
>>735120790
I can agree with everything in your list but apple pie. People have been making cakes and pastries with apples way before america was even discovered(again).
>>
>>735121477

>roast beef sandwich's

We where eating that with horseradish before you was even fucking invented you IVF TEST TUBE FUCKING NO CULTURE NO HISTORY CUNTS
>>
>>735121379
Or 2-4 american servings.
>>
File: hamusa.jpg (75KB, 827x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hamusa.jpg
75KB, 827x1080px
>>735121423

Do yourself a favor and read this book. It gets into various methods. There's also a documentary movie that goes over the top 10 burgers in america, they all use different methods.

Traditionally we grill them, and that's delicious, but the best burger I ever had was in connecticut at this place called "Ted's" that steams them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujrhGVpM8os
>>
>>735106336
Cajun(which of course is derivative of the french acadian), BBQ, of course biscuits and gravy, country fried steak!!!!!(not sure on that one as fried breaded meat isn't a new invention) Hot dogs, apple pie(of course we didn't invent that but its considered one of americas most traditional foods) Texmex, faux Chinese food, and a few others i left out for sure.
>>
>>735121650

Potato's are from peru I believe.
>>
Look up state fair food and you get some pretty accurate results
>>
>>735106336
yes just depends on the culture southern style like it or not is an american culture
>>
>>735122094
Yep, bless the travelers that brought potatoes and livestock to the new world back then. It's crazy to think that so many different foods were practically isolated for most of modern human history
>>
>>735121675

roast beef maybe, but not the sandwich in it's current form, with cheese and a specialized BBQ sauce
>>
>>735122345
don't forget good ol polarizing R A N C H we made that too, though that aint a food by itself but hey
>>
>>735122094
Meh it's still from the americas.
>>
>>735122302
We're spoiled as fuck when it comes to produce. Ancient people only had a handful vegetables/and fruits (if any) to choose from.
>>
>>735106336
We have regional traditional foods. Around here fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, pulled pork in vinegar/pepper sauce, peach cobbler, creek shrimp, iced tea VERY sweet -- those spring tomine
>>
>>735107083
American breakfast gravy is different than standard gravy, but I believe it may be French in origin.
>>
File: murica.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
murica.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
>>735106336
hotdogs
>>
>>735107083
BBQ is both. Here, it is used in different regions to denote different styles of 'Q.

I suspect that pan gravy, as is served on biscuits and made with sausage, is probably a native invention, but who the hell knows.
>>
File: gator.jpg (60KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
gator.jpg
60KB, 640x360px
>>735106336

bacon wrapped duck stuffed alligator
>>
Apple pie bitch
Thats all you need
>>
>>735122947

Rattlesnake
>>
>>735123111

we've already come to the conclusion that apple pie, contrary to the popular saying is in fact technically not american. Thanks for stopping by the thread.
>>
File: turducken.jpg (18KB, 406x305px) Image search: [Google]
turducken.jpg
18KB, 406x305px
>>735123145
>>
File: Kraft-Easy-Cheese.jpg (54KB, 650x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kraft-Easy-Cheese.jpg
54KB, 650x300px
>>
>>735122707
The base is a roux, so it is French.
>>
Traditional for which region? The USA is a vast country, and each state is the size of a midsize European nation.
>>
>>735123368
I know this stuff is bad for me, but I can't help but love it. Tastes great. I would recommend this to anyone who isn't health conscious .
>>
>>735111594
If we are using the rule some posters here are using, since tomatoes originated in the Americas, the use of tomato sauce in any Italian food makes it an American food.

Which is stupid.

But if we get stupid the other way, we gotta get stupid both ways.
>>
>>735123368
It's cheese in a can, what's not to like?? LOL Great for crackers and sometimes a tad on the end of the finger? hehe Love this stuff on crackers and for snacking, for when I am too lazy to get up and cut up the "real" fresh stuff from the fridge. :)
>>
File: lobster.jpg (99KB, 1040x1300px) Image search: [Google]
lobster.jpg
99KB, 1040x1300px
>>735106336

Maine Lobster bitch!
>>
I think a lot of people are missing one major point. Even if America didn't have a culinary tradition, it's a direct result of the massive number of immigrants that were desperate to get in here in the 19th and 20th century. You say "poor greasy murricans" but how is this a bad thing for us? We have access to Mexican food, Italian food, American fast food, there's an Ethiopian finer down the street from my house, across the street from that is a Jamaican restaurant, and a Hawaiian place is one of the most popular restaurants in town. Despite being in a southern Arizona town.

All your arguments against my culture just make me glad I can have traditional style foods without having a europass and taking a ferry two hours.
>>
>>735123603

well it's not our fault tomato sauce existed in america before italy. Also pasta came from China.

Italy has no original ideas.
>>
>>735112536
There is no real difference, they both speak German.
>>
>>735121379
>>>735120897 (You)
>that's enough blue cheese for 30 people...

I generally reserve it for dinner parties, it makes a great salad dressing as well.
>>
>>735111594

burritos are tex mex, they come from the border area,
>>
>>735111882

Texmex is SUPERIOR to mexican.
>>
>>735123735
Why are you taking this as an attack?
This thread evolved into talking about regional foods and drooling over it ages ago.
>>
>>735121799
Thanks for that book/vid referral, anon. I thought someone would have said White Castle for steamed burgers, but I wonder how this small shop dishes them out.
>>
>>735106336
hot dogs
>>
>>735123368
Pit bull and people loved this. But is it good for us?
>>
>>735113069
>>735113069
Looks like a SC low country boil, but it should have some spuds and sausage in it, and maybe some crabs.
>>
Ice cream from a cone
>>
>>735123368
Easycheese has come out with a 'New formula'..and I'm very saddened to tell you the Easycheese you grew up loving is now RUINED! It is awful tastless plastic! I threw it in the garbage after about four crackers. So very disappointed ...will never buy it again.
>>
>>735123111
Why not cherry or bluebberry, too? We know the saying "as American as apple pie," but why is that flavor pie special for you?
>>
>>735113711
Potatoes are American.

What do you guys make hash browns from?
>>
>>735110688
Forgot chocolate chip cookies, boston.
>>
>>735123735
>Ethiopian finer[sic]
What do they serve? Air? UN rice?
>>
>>735124059
yes.
>>
>>735124207
Probably goes back to the legend of Johnny Appleseed.
>>
File: 3708.jpg (797KB, 2314x3085px) Image search: [Google]
3708.jpg
797KB, 2314x3085px
>>
>>735124915
The apple of many an apple fan's eye. Do you prefer yours freshly baked or maybe from a fast food place?
>>
>>735106523
>>735107083
BBQ is Puerto Rican. Don't believe me? Look it up.
>>
All Cajun food, most red sauce Italian food is actually NYC created, clearly tex-mex, and Chinese food oddly enough
>>
German chocolate cake.
>>
>>735106336
Is OP really a faggot?

See our cutting-edge investigative journalism here: http://www.op-is-gay.tk
>>
>>735126425
We really need a food porn thread to accompany this one. Does it look as good as it tastes?
>>
>>735109105
nice we call it a "crawfish boil"
>>
>>735106336
Pig Wings
Gumbo
Deep Dish Pizza not that thin Italian shit
Bison Burgers
Reuben
Kool Aid

Finally the ingenious "yet likely drunk bastard" who put mac and cheese and BBQ beef brisket in a single sandwich.
>>
File: clearly-not-a-virus.png (57KB, 232x329px) Image search: [Google]
clearly-not-a-virus.png
57KB, 232x329px
this here dolphin who is not a virus says:

"visit http://www.op-is-gay.tk !"
>>
>>735124332
The Irish (as well as many other Europeans, Im sure) relied heavily on potatoes for sustenance before America as any sort of significant settlement existed, plus hash browns are just pan fired potatoes, kinda hard to stake a claim on being the first to do that
>>
>>735112222
The quads of truth
>>
Bumpin' for more talkin'
>>
>>735129596
coke or pepsi: GO!
>>
>>735129775
Half and half.
Just the basic cola? No Wild Cherry or anything?
>>
>>735130048
I mean, yea, Cherry coke and vanilla coke are the shit, but you gotta pick your camp, coke or pepsi?
>>
>>735130609
Coca-Cola.
Same as >>735130048.
Wasn't it so powerful at first, it was once sold as medicine?
>>
>>735130909
Bumping for an answer from >>735130609
>>
>>735130909
It wasn't exactly medicine, it was more of a cure all, a tinchure-esq tonic with coca. not quite snake oil, because snake oil, by definition, doesn't really do much of anything typically. Kinda like red bull... on coke
>>
>>735132227
coke or pepsi? Coke, preferably mexican coke with the real sugar in the glass bottles, better than cans all day....
>>
>>735106336
T H E P O T A T O C H I P
Thread posts: 277
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.