[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an astrophysicist working at the SETI Institute in Mountain

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: gammaray.jpg (22KB, 250x244px) Image search: [Google]
gammaray.jpg
22KB, 250x244px
I'm an astrophysicist working at the SETI Institute in Mountain View, CA.

I want to dump a report regarding gamma ray bursts to Wikileaks because I think the public should know about some of the classified work we've been doing. I have no idea how to go about this and I need some guidance figuring out where to dump this while staying anonymous.

Around April last year (way too long ago for the public to remain unaware) we've found substantial evidence that gamma ray bursts are a form of extra-terrestrial communication. The bursts are believed to contain vast amounts of information, think 2,000,000 petabytes +.

We believe this because we've been able to decode small bits of the information from distant GRBs. But it's still hugely difficult given gravitational lensing severely distorting the information.

I'll stay around for an hour or so to answer any questions. Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
>>
Any chance this is real. I want to believe op for once
>>
If you are an astrophysicist, prove it.
>>
>SETI researcher about to break news of aliens
>posts it on 4chan
>>
>>734603061
This. Convince us, sell your product. This is the internet, 99% fakeness guaranteed
>>
So why are they trying to cover this?
>>
>>734602937
>>734603061
>>734602937
>>734603061
Not asking you guys to believe me, just wanting to know the easiest way to dump these reports.

Should I use a VPN or something? I could dump them here if there's a secure anonymous filesharing site someone could point me towards.

The biggest issue is that I have no idea about internet security and do not want this to be traced back to me.

All help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>>
>>734602462
GRBs are studied closely by many different observatories and labs around the world. You mean to tell me that they would all pass up the chance to publish findings of extraterrestrial life? If this information was real, they would be chomping at the bit to be the first, because that would garentee that the lab would get grants approved out the asshole.

This is weak b8
>>
>>734602462
Prove it you're not a lying faggot and then maybe you'll get what you want
>>
>>734603209
If you're actually serious then yeah you can use any VPN then get behind a couple proxies. It'll be slow af but essentially there would be no way to track you down
>>
>>734603209
Just upload it on megastar and post the link
>>
>>734603257
And that's the thread everyone, thanks for stopping by
>>
>>734603257
/thread
>>
>>734603324
yep
>>
File: 1495351187394s.jpg (4KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1495351187394s.jpg
4KB, 124x125px
>>
>>734603257
You're assuming everyone was able to decode the bursts all at once? was the WOW signal reported by 10 different observatories all "chomping at the bit" to be the first? lmao

but OP use a VPN and just upload somewhere
>>
Don't you think that it would have been smarter not to reveal this info on 4chan? People can still find your IP if they look hard enough. By even posting this for help you risk being found.
>>
>>734602462
if this by some rediculous turn of fate wasnt fate then please don't stop trying to make to public
>>
OP here whats up guys i'm just bored. what are yall up to tonight?
>>
>>734603517
The WOW signal was published after it was discovered. One observatory saw it but didn't keep it secret. Your point is moot

Nice try kid
>>
File: 1496463843077-r9k.jpg (217KB, 1239x795px) Image search: [Google]
1496463843077-r9k.jpg
217KB, 1239x795px
>>
>>734603677
"reported right away"

im looking for proof of this and cant seem to find any, care to cite?
>>
>>734602462
Contact wikileaks.

Initiate contact via a false e-mail utilising an open wifi network which provides information to a burner phone number.

Obviously purchase a cheap mobile which you can disregard following contact and arrangements.
>>
Wikileaks has extensive documentation on how to contact and give them files securely. Thread over.
>>
>>734603823
>"I don't care about proving myself"
>argues against one post
>"care to post citation faggot?"

Wanted to believe at first. Fuck off man, try harder
>>
>>734603949
>implying I'm OP

but yeah, you just pulled that out of thin air?
>>
File: 2487542.jpg (707KB, 1277x1204px) Image search: [Google]
2487542.jpg
707KB, 1277x1204px
>>734602462
Is there still a gag order regarding this inbound planet? I don't think it was a good idea to withhold this from the public. They will eventually find out.
>>
>>734603677
wasnt it published in a peer reviewed journal? that would mean it wasn't published right away right?
>>
OP here telling yall im joking for the second time

i smoked a little reefer and went coocoo

but whasup with yall im chillen like a villen u know what im saying
>>
>>734604431
maybe op does have something of merit after all
>>
>>734604431
he pussed out and is trying to play it off
do the right thing OP
>>
File: whatinthebox.jpg (22KB, 575x316px) Image search: [Google]
whatinthebox.jpg
22KB, 575x316px
>>734604431
Don't lie. Now tell us what is in the documents!
>>
>>734604106
Yes, there's still a gag order. Don't talk about this!
>>
>>734602462
Is Andy sixxx's log involved somehow?
>>
>>734602462
Physicist here. This is complete garbage.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.