[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wiseass thread. Will answer any questions about science if you're

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 32

File: oke.png (64KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
oke.png
64KB, 200x200px
Wiseass thread.
Will answer any questions about science if you're too lazy to google.
>>
Explain to me the science behind proving global warming is a lie.
>>
explain why op likes cox n dicks
>>
>>733997815
Does quantum entanglement have any useful applications?
>>
>>733998037
The major argument used against global warming is that it may be caused as a cyclical event, as our climate withdraws out from the previous ice age, tends towards a hotter global climate and will once again tend towards another ice age.
However, the major consensus, by 97% of all climate experts is that human beings is accelerating global warming.
There has never been any discrete published evidence against global warming.
However, there has been evidence supporting that many global warming claims are exaggerated.
>>
>>733998273
This is caused at either:
the genetic level
or the environment level

Regardless, in both cases, the organism feels a sexual drive towards penises due to improper hormone control within the body.
>>
>>733998274
Yes, Quantum Entanglement has been used to develop Quantum computers that utilise quantum binary.
Quantum binary is, in all simplicity, faster at performing calculations that normal binary.

Moreover, Quantum Entanglement has also been useful in theoretical applications-
It has recently been used in the field of 'Quantum Biology' to illustrate how birds react to magnetic fields.
>>
>>733997815
what is a pog
>>
>>733998739
from a dictionary,
a cardboard or plastic disc printed with a design or picture, collected or swapped by children or used in games.
a children's game in which players strike a pile of Pogs with an implement, winning any that land face upwards when they fall.
"a group of boys play Pogs during recess"
Origin
1990s: from POG (acronym from the initial letters of passion fruit, orange, guava ), a trademark for a juice drink originally made by a dairy on Maui, Hawaii: the lids of the drink provided the first game disks.
>>
if a clit is a dick then would it be considered a blowjob when you suck it?
>>
File: 1491136021617.jpg (106KB, 990x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491136021617.jpg
106KB, 990x1024px
>>733998674
Neato.
2nd question.
Explain how time slows as your velocity approaches c.
Is it simply the faster you go the more time slows so there is no upper limit except to that of an outside observer or am I applying faulty logic?
>>
>>733997815
how do magnets work
>>
>>733998809
Pogs, Bart! Remember Pogs? They're back, in Alf form.
>>
>>733998739
Pineapple, Orange, Guava: POG

Its a juice that's really popular in Hawaii and really really delicious
>>
>>733998951
This question tends toward the social sciences.
It is only considered a blowjob based on the individual.
There can always be the biological argument, however, that no matter how much you alter the clit, it was always originally a dick, which would make you 'homosexual'.

tl;dr: depends on mindset of the individual engaging in the sexual activity.
>>
>>733998951
Blowjob doesn't imply gender or specifically biological sex. You can give a girl a blowjob because you're putting your mouth on her genitals.
>>
>>733998809
>>733999108

Ah, thank you very much, gentlemen.
>>
>>733999028
Firstly, I can use the argument of impossibility,
where it would be impossible for any other object to attain the speed of light due to E = mc^2
Where, if your kinetic energy increases, so does your mass. Hence, an infinite kinetic energy would be required to approach the speed of light.

However, for sake of argument, assuming that we were looking through the eyes of a photon, time would depend simply on: v = st
Given that the photon travels at a constant speed, and that the displacement is constant, time alters accordingly.
Your logic would be slightly faulty there, as velocity never changes.
If you are further interested, you can see an application of this in explaining time dilation in high G singularities like black holes.
>>
>>733999045
Magnetism works based upon the alignment of the spin of neutrons within the atoms of that substance.
If you are wondering about where "Magnetic Force" itself, comes from, that cannot be explained as it is described as a FUNDAMENTAL force.
However, magnetic force is created based upon these varying neutron spins and can be particularly observed within nuclei of Iron, Cobalt and Nickel.
Most magnets are made out of alloys of these materials.
>>
I thoroughly enjoy this thread but unfortunately have no questions to contribute goo shit op
>>
I'm already pretty familiar but it's been a while since thinking about it.
Could you remind me the differences between the 10 dimensions?
The first 4 are very obvious to me, but then I don't remember when it breaks down.
>>
>>733999172
Sorry sir, this would fall under the definitions of "what is a blowjob".
This tends towards literature and is an area outside of my specialty.
>>
>>733999703
Are you talking about spatial dimensions, or dimensions of time?
Or are you incorporating the two of them?
>>
I know that you can induce sleep paralysis by laying perfectly still while very tired but ignoring all of your body's signs of itches and things that would make you move.
What can you do to turn that into an out of body experience?
>>
>>733998470
What if I told you the 97% you're claiming to be "climate experts" are actually not all climate experts but scientists in other fields?
>>
>>733999902
The individual would have to fall asleep towards unconsciousness. Most 'out of body' experiences are caused as a consequence of dreams, as well as the external stimuli you face within the dream.
The idea is to try being partially conscious whilst falling asleep.
If you are interested, this can be aided using drugs such as 'Galantamine' which is normally used to improve memory.
>>
>>734000135
I think he made a pretty good.unbiased case, though if youd like to elaborate on that, that's be neat
>>
>>733999802
Both really
0 - a single point
1 - direction/a line
2 - two axis/ a plane
3 - three axis/ a solid
Then the solid itself can be seen as a point.
4 - duration (can be seen as a timeline like the 1st dimension for the point that the 3rd dimension creates)
5 - (gets fuzzy here for me but) a split on that timeline that could be alternate "durations" that the point or object could be or have been experienced
6 - all of the possible timelines of a particular object or thing.

All of these possibilities become their own point in a way then there's some crazy shit about the universe that can get the dimensions up to 10
>>
>>734000135
Quoting evidence:
"Surveys of the peer-reviewed scientific literature and the opinions of experts consistently show a 97–98% consensus that humans are causing global warming."
"1) Depending on exactly how you measure the expert consensus, it’s somewhere between 90% and 100% that agree humans are responsible forclimate change, with most of our studies finding 97% consensus among publishingclimatescientists.
2) The greater theclimateexpertise among those surveyed, the higher the consensus on human-caused global warming."

I have used evidence to back any claims I have made
>>
>>733999902
I've been through sleep paralysis twice and never had an obe. I don't think the two subjects really correlate
>>
>>734000417
In mathematics, dimensions can tend towards infinity.
In the case of string theory, only 26 dimensions are required to explain the universe's existence.
I personally believe it would be much easier for you to understand these higher dimensions if you viewed how dimensional transcendence occurs as you move from 2D (paper) to 3D (our world).
In each higher dimension, the basic principle is always the same: it is possible to touch every point of the lower dimension, through the higher dimension.
If you have heard of 'differences' before, these are all arbitrary, and have most likely been used for ease of explanation.
I find it helpful to understand all of this, if you think about what happens as you move a sphere through a plane of paper.
Or what happens if you move a circle into 3D.
I think you will find this video helpful:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wAaI_6b9JE
>>
>>734000515
I think I have misunderstood your question then,
are you talking about going towards 'lucid dreaming'
or are you talking about sleep paralysis in specific?
>>
>>734000998
I didn't originally post the question I was just interjecting my thought while awaiting your answer
>>
>>734000515
Yeah. I agree. It's more along the lines of lucid dreaming which I'm really good at but I think I get too self aware and realistic in my dreams to have it really be an outofbody.
>>
how can some people survive getting shot in the head?
>>
>>734001145
You are right, 'lucid dreaming' which is often cause of the 'Out-of-body experience' is very different to sleep paralysis.

Sleep paralysis occurs because your brain, although it manages to 'switch on' your consciousness, it forgets to wire your consciousness back to its physical receptors.

In lucid dreaming, it all occurs within the subconscious of your brain, where you are more aware of your surroundings due to leaving your consciousness active and not 'switched off'
>>
File: Jon.jpg (58KB, 636x333px) Image search: [Google]
Jon.jpg
58KB, 636x333px
This is a great thread and I've been contributing answers and questions, but we all need to start image bumping.
>>
>>734001217
This is something very unambiguous.
Scientists still don't have complete understanding of how the brain works, so any answer I give to your question would just be good speculation.
In theory, any individual will survive losing any amount of brain matter as long as vital unconscious centres such as the cardiac centre (controls heart beat), the respiratory centre (controls breathing), etc
are unharmed.
This is often what causes a coma in many individuals.
If you are specifically talking about why some people don't get into comas when shot in the head, it's because they lose only a slight amount of brain matter.
Brain matter is very malleable, and can adapt accordingly: this is why you often hear that blind people can hear and feel better (if their visual cortex is inactive, it might as well be used for something else).
If you have further enquiries, please feel free to ask.
Also, I think you will find this case very interesting:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phineas_Gage
>>
File: 2016-04-07_15.32.18.jpg (59KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-07_15.32.18.jpg
59KB, 512x512px
I N T E L L E C T U A L
T H R E A D
>>
File: GetTheKeksAwayFromMe!.jpg (147KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
GetTheKeksAwayFromMe!.jpg
147KB, 980x1040px
>>734001630
OP here,
I appreciate this
>>
File: 8FUML6E.jpg (100KB, 750x534px) Image search: [Google]
8FUML6E.jpg
100KB, 750x534px
>>734001700
You're welcome
It's OC
>>
>>734000515
I've been on meds that caused sleep paralysis and have gotten it ever since. I can also do something that usually leads to sleep paralysis, basically most easily described as dreaming before i fall asleep. I'll lay in bed with my eyes closed and ... Start dreaming. I can feel myself laying in bed but I can get up and walk around the house and such and dreamy things happen even though at any moment I can open my eyes. Shits weird. The drug was called viibryd, would not recommend. That shit caused absolutely crazy fucking dreams. Sometimes I'd dream for what would feel like hours and hours each night and wake up feeling more tired than when I went to bed. I'd get sleep paralysis multiple times a night the last nights before I stopped taking it and some of the withdrawal effects I got were even more mindfucking nights of endless crazy ass dreams and sleep paralysis. It was awesome when the dreams were lucid though.
>>
>>734001901
This sounds as though you have been partially within a lucid dream.
Your consciousness has been partially 'switched off' by the looks of it.
This is why you feel the bed (conscious) but you also experience dreaming; hallucinations, etc
as part of the subconscious.
If you can learn to master this skill, you can have very nice dreams.
I have heard of cases where people would be able to willingly fly within their dreams, and some making entirely imaginary universes altogether.
>>
File: I like where this is going.jpg (75KB, 800x331px) Image search: [Google]
I like where this is going.jpg
75KB, 800x331px
B U M P
U
M
P
>>
File: is sad day.gif (499KB, 350x198px) Image search: [Google]
is sad day.gif
499KB, 350x198px
>>734002498
last bump to deletion
>>
>>734002102
I lucid dream a ton, not always completely lucid but I usually know and control what I do in my dreams. I can fly when I want to but idk dream me isn't the most conscious decision maker. However the dream before sleep OBE type shit is cuz of the meds. When I lucid dreamed on that shit it was nuts. One time I started doing backflips into other dreams. Like I'd be dreaming a dream with all the crazy random dreamness and then I'd just backflip and fade through white into another random dream land and continue with the dream from there for seemingly half an hour or more. I was pretty much in control but as I mentioned, lucid dreams might be more controlled but they really don't feel much more "conscious"
>>
How do magnets work?
>>
>>734003078
>>733999627
>>
File: k.gif (1MB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
1MB, 500x270px
>>734003067
Intriguing.
>>
Answer this:
I thoroughly enjoy this thread but unfortunately have no questions to contribute goo shit op?
>>
>>734003525
typo on 'goo', should be 'good'
It was a declarative statement, and was not interrogative.
It was not a question.
>>
File: ok.jpg (34KB, 390x400px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
34KB, 390x400px
>>734003662
kek
what the fuck am I doing with my life
>>
>>733998739
Person other than grunt. A military person that's in a support role, not actively fighting. Also known as a rear echelon mother fucker/REMF.
>>
Can a match box?
>>
File: what.jpg (8KB, 200x145px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
8KB, 200x145px
>>734003807
no, but a tin can.
>>
File: C9yQfwgXUAQTgJN.jpg (40KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
C9yQfwgXUAQTgJN.jpg
40KB, 500x375px
>>733997815
How could we realistically gain the required amount of energy to enable cold fusion, while still making a profit from the outcome energy?
>>
>>734004065
Firstly, every power generating facility will have it's initial set up costs-
Although nuclear energy (fission) has been very cost effective, it did have an initial high cost to build the facilities.
When we talk about cold fusion, the most effective way to fuse the nuclei would be through an electromagnetic force.
However, as per what I know, it's still more cost effective to initiate hot fusion, in the presence of thermal energy.
This also why ITER (International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor) which is currently building a fusion plant plans to use heat to convert the helium atoms into plasma.
If you are looking at profits, I believe hot fusion would be the most effective.
If you are still interested only within cold fusion, we can only work based on magnetism and electric fields, which, as I said before, just isn't as effective.
You can use this process to explain why there are no 'cold' stars.
>>
How hot can I take a shower without dying?
In a bath tub and with a sprinkler.
Like, at which degree C would I turn into soup or start melting...
>>
>>734004498
The extreme temperatures that an organism can withstand always follow a normal distribution (a range of values)
For my answer, I will assume the organism has a mean temperature tolerance.
Even before the organism starts to 'melt', there are many chemical reactions that would cause the organism to decompose or break down at these higher temperatures.
If you are interested in the melting point, it should be about 100 degrees Celsius, as we are made mostly out of water.
However, as I said before, realistically speaking, the organism would probably die due other reactions that occur, rather than melting.
For instance, heat can very easily break down all protein in the body. This will inhibit vital bodily processes including nervous transmission, digestion, and other cellular metabolic processes.
These high temperatures would inevitably destroy the organism's DNA, as well, inhibiting any possible recovery.
Moreover, there is also the reaction of the organism's thermoregulatory system against this increase in temperature which will cause the organism to reduce the body temperature (like sweating)

In overall, the mean would be 100 degrees Celsius depending on:
The organism's homeostatic capacity
Duration of exposure to the heat source
Intensity of the heat source
>>
>>734004994
Also dependant on the mass of the organism.

[spoiler]
Physicists, take note that I have assumed that the specific heat capacity of the organism is roughly equal to water.
[/spoiler]
>>
>>734004994
So what's the hotter shower I could take without dying? By what you said, I guess 80 C.
>>
>>734005377
Hold on, I weight 50 kg. I am skinny.
>>
>>734005377
The hottest shower?
If you assume that the time taken is short, so that the person does not die, then the temperature would be about 2000 degrees Celsius.
At this temperature, water can disassociate into gaseous ions, which would inevitable kill you.
>>
>>734005503
Your mean temperature tolerance would be lower, but still depends on your metabolic rate (and possibly, surface area)
>>
>>734005634
I'm 1.70m?
How do I measure metabolic rate?
I eat every once in a while.
>>
>>734005815
How often do you shit?
Do you shit faster when you eat leafy vegetables?
What is your weight, if you do not mind me asking?
>>
>>734005958
scratch the weight, you're the same, 50kg, right?
>>
>>734005958
How often do you exercise?
For more precision: how old are you? [Will assume 20, if unanswered]
>>
>>734005989
I'm the same, I guess I do shit faster when I eat leafy vegetables.
>>
>>734006129
I'm 20, indeed, I run 4 times a week, I've been on hiatus for a month, I'll start again tomorrow. I'm O+ and a Sagittarius.
>>
>>733997815
what is fire
>>
>>734006138
If you have noticed that you have an under average appetite, or that you shit lesser than normal, your metabolism is likely underweight (or vice versa).

Moreover, your Basal Metabolic Index (BMI) based from your height and weight also suggest that you are underweight, and have a low metabolic rate.

This would decrease your temperature tolerance.
>>
>>733997815
Are traps gay?
>>
>>734006375
Fire is commonly created due to combustion.
Chemists commonly describe it as a result of an exothermic process- this means that the chemicals undergoing the reaction lose some of their energy, which they release as heat.
When you light a match, the reactant's chemical energy, is converted into thermal energy, which you observe as a flame.
Flame is produced due to interaction of the gas molecules with the heat.
This colour depends on the ions present within the flame.
>>
>>734006506
This question tends towards the social sciences, and depends on what an individual defines as 'gay'.
Once again, I could use the "biology argument" to state that it only depends on the original sex of the two people engaging in the sexual activity.
In other cases, one could regard that feeling a sexual drive towards a trap without the knowledge of their penis is biologically natural, and therefore not gay.

tl;dr: if you know it is a trap, and are still aroused, then it is gay.
>>
>>734006423
This kills the man?
I feel more comfortable with higher heat. I want to know the limits.
>>
>>734006767
My calculations say that your temperature tolerance would be reduced, only based upon these factors.
There are still many other factors such as the extent of your thermoregulatory system, which depends entirely on your genes and your ethnicity.
>>
>>734006767
The limits are ambiguous, I cannot strictly define it, as it depends on time, intensity, etc.
>>
>>734003713
that's a different spellif you asshole
>>
File: 1493743156041.jpg (559KB, 800x1236px) Image search: [Google]
1493743156041.jpg
559KB, 800x1236px
>>733997815
Is gender on a spectrum?
>>
>>733997815
Is there currently any existing plausible theory as to how one might reverse the effects of entropy on the universe?
>>
>>734006914
>>734006980
I'm Mexican. Say a half an hour bath.
>>
>>734007064
The biology argument dictates that gender is not on a spectrum, as it depends entirely on the presence of chromosome XX or chromosomes XY.
However, the biology argument breaks down when one considers the presence of supersexes (people with chromosomes XXX or XXY)
I can also say, that although, by the process of natural selection, having a 'gender spectrum' is completely useless to society, one can argue against this by taking into consideration that having a 'gender spectrum' could act as a population control.
Any individual that is not "MALE" or "FEMALE" will be naturally selected out of the population, inevitably.
They only exist in society due to the presence of medical advancements.
Strict Biology: Gender is not a spectrum
Strict psychology: Gender is a spectrum
>>
>>734006588
sorry should have clarified question, not how the flame is produced, what is the flame? just a manifestation of heat?
>>
>>733997815
Magic exists?
>>
>>734007174
Decreasing the entropy of the universe as a whole, would violate the law of thermodynamics, which would imply that all of our theoretical calculations in physics have been faulty, but that is not the case.

You might be interested in small-system entropy increasing changes-
for instance, in a chemical reaction, it is possible for the entropy to decrease, so long as the enthalpy increases.
HOWEVER, this decrease of entropy within the system always causes an increase of entropy elsewhere.

If there were any theory attempting to explain that the entropy of the universe would decrease over time, it would also have to explain where that entropy increases, elsewhere, outside the universe (which is physically not possible)

So, no, I don't think there are any plausible theories explaining this.
>>
>>734007428
Which is more correct though. Biology or psychology?
>>
>>734007334
All I can say is that, it would certainly be higher than the average.
Defining the 'average' is tough, as you aren't talking about melting anymore, I presume?
>>
op is robot
>>
at the rate at which technology is improving, how long will it take for us to have a battery the size of a micro sd card that can power a house
>>
>>734007853
Deth
>>
>>734007659
What your eyes view as a flame is caused due to energy transfer.
When the reaction transfers heat energy to the nearby gas, the electrons within these gas atoms get excited.
These electrons absorb the heat energy, and release it as a photon of light when they get de-excited.
This photon of light, is what you observe as 'fire'
>>
>>734007708
Only if you believe.
Fun fact: chemistry was created based on magical means!
>>
>>734004417
Interesting. But if hot fusion is more profitable then why is it not being widely used?
And if you say it's because it hasn't been properly tried yet, how can you know it's more profitable?
>>
>>734007750
Both sides of the coin, have their weaknesses and strengths.
If you agree with Biology, then you also agree that you shouldn't be using a computer, and should be out getting laid at all times.
If you agree with sociology, you're essentially doing the opposite.
>>
>>734007886
Yikes, this is a very theoretical question.
This depends on various other factors as well.
Assuming that the rate at which our technology develops, I wouldn't say it would be any time soon.
I'd give it perhaps 500+ years
>>
>>734007953
I'd say, 300 degrees Celsius, for 5 minutes.
[Time is inversely proportional to the temperature]
If you want to die faster, then use a higher temperature.
Your reaction will be more extreme as temperature increases.
>>
>>734007750
mind over matter
>>
>>734008131
Nuclear fission fuel is more abundant, and requires lesser technology to attain.
Nuclear fusion will require more energy and more technology.

Hot fusion is more profitable than cold fusion:
we can tell this based on the stars:
All stars we have observed rely on thermonuclear processes, where heat aids in raising the kinetic energies of the molecules to undergo nuclear fusions.
We have not observed any stars (yet?) that produce fusion solely dependant on magnetic and electrostatic means.

The point of fusion is to try and mimic a star: utilising nuclear energy to produce electrical energy,
whereas a star utilises nuclear energy to produce light and heat energy.
>>
>>734008131
>>734009225
It could certainly be a possibility in the future, but with the abundance of nuclear fuel society has right now, it would not be as profitable.
Hence, any tests for nuclear fusion have been set out to validate its theoretical credibility, and not to generate power.
>>
>>734008286
eh ok. next question:
where are the aliens?
>>
>>734009445
There are many interesting theories for this, I will present a few I find interesting:

1.) Aliens think we are too stupid, so they don't bother about contacting us
2.) We are part of an 'alien zoo', where the aliens do not interact (as we don't feed the animals in zoos)
3.) Any alien civilizations that have arisen have died due to nuclear warfare
4.) It is simply not possible for aliens to reach us due to the 'Horizon Problem'
5.) Government conspiracy hiding the ayy lmaos

You may find this interesting:
"Fermi Paradox"
>>
>>734009680
please elaborate on this "horizon problem"
>>
>>734009981
If the universe expands at an accelerating rate, then one day, the universe will expand at a rate faster than the speed of light.
This means that light from one side of the universe will not reach the other side of the universe as it cannot overcome the universe's rate of expansion.
This is what defines our 'horizon'- it is how far the light we emit can travel.
We cannot travel faster than the speed of light, so we will never be able to over come our set horizon boundaries.

If you have any further enquiries, please feel free to ask.
>>
out of which of the following do you think humans have the highest chance to survive:
1. Global Pandemic
2. Robot Ascension
3. Alien invasion
4. Nuclear War
explain your choice
>>
>>734010538
Global Pandemic - In a population of 8 billion+ homosapiens, there is bound to be atleast one (two for procreation) human who is resistant to the infection.

Other choices
2. Very plausible that humans will die due to dependence on technology, and the fact that robot ascension is most probable to occur when the entire Earth has been globalised and has been made 'First-World'

3. If Aliens have enough technology to travel from light years away, to our little planet, they can very easily wipe us out.

4. If you assume that nuclear missiles struck each and every land mass on Earth, the land would no longer be hospitable. Even for any survivors underground, unless they utilise some means of agriculture without sunlight, the human population can be very easily wiped out.
>>
>>733997815
>any questions about science
What are the five fundamental assumptions of science. Just a simple description of each so the layman can understand.
>>
>>734010939
It takes more than two to repopulate. Two would guarantee so many genetic flaws that the species would not survive.

Scientific analysis suggests an absolute minimum of 16.
>>
>>734011085
The universe is:

Rational - Can be determined using logic
Accessible- We can alter conditions and interact with it
Unexplainable- You cannot predict the state of the universe before it's origin
Objective- Is no different to what we perceive (hear, feel, smell, see)
Unified- It is indivisible and cannot be separated
>>
>>734011314
Surely natural selection would take care of any genetic flaws?
>>
>>733997815
What is specifically your favorite astronomical syzygy, and why isn't it the alignment between Mars and its moons?

Serious question, though: How long do you think that it will take, given the information we currently know of exoplanets, to difinitively detect an EarthLike planet within 80-85% similarity in size and chemical makeup to Earth?

I understand these questions do not have truly definitive answers past a generalized estimation based on progress we've made over the past X years and are more subjective, but I am still curious as to your thoughts and opinions.
>>
>>734011414
Is it possible to prove any of these assumptions?
>>
>>734011503
Yes,
In this case, natural selection would take care of all the offspring by the 4th generation. The human species would become extinct.
>>
why do i feel jealousy?
>>
>>734011576
I actually remember seeing a project by one of my students about this.
We already have the technologies required to detect the chemical makeup within these planets. However, the position of these planets with respect to their Sun, inhibits us from carrying out many of these tests.
Based on what we know, there are very favourable conditions on these exoplanets (thermally and chemically) for life to exist, but we still cannot be certain until we actually 'communicate' with life on that planet.

I personally believe it's not going to happen unless we get into contact with extraterrestrials.
I'd like to lean in the direction of harnessing wormholes, but it's simply too unfeasible to ever happen, in my opinion.
>>
>>734011580
I don't think it is possible to prove any of these assumptions, which is why they are, 'assumptions'.
>>
>>734012075
>>734011414

What happens to the scientific method if assumption #4 is wrong?
Or assumption #1?
>>
>>734011812
Why:
Jealousy has been established in humans as a result of natural selection.
Humans that are jealous that an animal has more food, will attack the animal for its food, and survive to reproduce.
Humans that are jealous that their siblings receive more attention (more food) from their parents will compete with the siblings to receive more attention from their parents, which will allow them to survive and reproduce.
>>
what's the best and quickest way for me to become immortal
>>
>>734012217
If assumption #1 is wrong, we will not be able to establish any theoretical calculations. We would only be able record events, and never predict.
If assumption #1 is wrong, you don't need to learn any equations in Physics, like F = ma, because these equations would no longer be absolute, they would only be regarded as probability.
In such a world, I believe Statistics and Quantum Mechanics would be more widely appreciated due to their probabilistic nature.
>>
>>734012375
The best way for an individual to become immortal is to alter their DNA when they are still a zygote.
If you changed the DNA of a person from 'linear', to circular (just like in Bacteria), then that person will become immortal and live forever (never get old; no white hair, etc)
This is because, we always lose some of the far edges of our DNA when our cells divide, which causes us to grow older.
But in circular DNA, the DNA never gets shorter during division as there are no edges.
>>
>>734012464
Could faith be defined as the positive assumption of unproven conditions?
>>
what is wrong with fluffies?
>>733997815
>>
>>734012708
I would suppose so, it would make sense.
In evolution, the most 'optimistic' organisms would often survive... but it is a spectrum.
Still, I would agree with your definition.
>>
File: file.jpg (15KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
15KB, 300x300px
>>733998470
Science is not a consensus fuckface.

And the 97% meme is bullshit anyway. Try investigating beyond the first google result once in awhile.
>>
>>734012767
Not OP, but they elicit an irrational level of sadism in emotionally unstable individuals.
>>
>>734012767
Fluffies are a biological impossibility.
There cannot exist an organism which such small brain matter that is capable of coherent communication in the English language.
>>
>>734012611
can we do this now?
checked btw.
>>
>>734012928
Science is not a consensus.
Scientific evidence is determined based on consensus.

Is it available on Google?
>>
>>734012895
Therefore, is science not based on faith?
Which makes it objectively no better than any religion - also based on faith.

Not dissing science. We learned a lot from it. But equally so, we should be mindful that it suffers the same flaws as any religion.
>>
>>734012982
Manipulating the DNA of zygotes is illegal.

I would deem it possible, but it would require a huge amounts of trial and error with our current technology.
>>
>>734012932
that's of course assuming all of them are i to abuse, just as many are into the non abuse aspects, the booru is proof enough of that
>>
>>734013183
With the CRISPr, it's become easy.
>>
>>734013095
It is possible for an organism to have faith in a six-sided dice yielding a seven.
It is not possible for science to predict that a six-sided dice will yield a seven.
Science is absolute.
>>
>>734013296
Yet, science is based on unprovable assumptions - faith.
Science is NOT an absolute, nor can it be, because of these assumptions.
>>
>>734013273
No, even with CRISPR, there have been many cases where CRISPR technology has failed.
For instance, although CRISPR may cut the target DNA, it sometimes fails to reglue it.

Also, I don't believe that CRISPR would be suitable for glueing the two edges of our linear DNA together, scientists would have to come up with something new.
>>
>>734013446
Genetic manipulation is a whole lot easier with CRISPr.
And there will be tools yet to come.
But as for "anything is possible", no. We are limited by the physical rules governing basic chemistry.
>>
>>734012977
sounds legit
>>
>>734013415
Your argument is very nice.

However, science is absolute within these assumptions.
Does religion not assume these assumptions, too?
>>
>>734013048
Things either are, or they are not, no amount of consensus can change that.
>>
>>734013608
I will agree that CRISPR has definitely made genetic manipulation much more easier, it is only useful for splicing segments within DNA.
There is no guarantee that it can be used to circularise DNA.
>>
>>734013794
I can use the properties of wave-particle duality of light to disprove your statement.
According to Quantum Mechanics, light can behave as a wave, whose position is defined as a probability.
These probabilities have been defined based on consensus and have been shown true.
Light isn't necessarily "either are, or not", it is probabilistic.

Moreover, for large statistical data, like predicting the climate change of the entire globe, science will always favour a consensus.
>>
>>734013183
like worldwide illegal or illegal in america?
>>
How can we reverse entropy?
>>
File: wa.png (174KB, 960x688px) Image search: [Google]
wa.png
174KB, 960x688px
>>734014264
It is illegal in all first world countries
You will find this map helpful:
>>
>>734014017
I really want to call you out for bs but whatever you're saying is actually correct fuck
>>
>>734014453
i'll go to that area above Australia it'll be fine it'll be fine
>>
>>734014333
It is not possible to reverse entropy of a full system, entropy must always be increased in some form.
Entropy can be decreased in a smaller system through chemical reactions where the enthalpy (energy of the molecules) increases. This would make the molecules more unstable, and these molecules would then naturally tend towards a more entropic (stable) state, but until then, the entropy within that smaller system would have been decreased.
>>
>>734014572
Differing opinions makes science progress, friend :)
>>
>>734013746
Exactly my point - both systems make assumptions. Therefore, people should not be criticizing.

However, no - religions do not make those assumptions. They make a whole different sets of assumptions - 'cept they call it faith.

Regardless - belief based on faith in one thing is objectively no better than any other belief based on faith in another thing.
In other words - science has limitations.... limitations we should respect. The scientific method can take us far. But it cannot take us "all the way to the end". But our high schools tend to teach it as the 'be all and end all' - instilling people a false sense of belief in science that matches that of the radically religious.

This is not stuff that is regularly taught in high school, nor is it taught outside of engineering/philosophy/physics college course.
>>
>>734015069
You make very good points.
>>
>>733997815
Can you give me a rundown on why are women so retardedly minded?
>>
>>734015329
Pseudo Socratic methods ftw.
>>
>>734015401
All humans, in general, perceive other humans that think differently with criticism.
In natural selection, this has been done to support herding as groups, and prevent people from straying off from the group - physically and mentally.
In today's society, there is a reduced need to establish such boundaries.
Any feelings people feel towards others:
(such as men, not liking the thoughts of women) are due to this earlier evolutionary response.
>>
>>734015401
Female thought is based on a different set of priorities than male thought. Thus, they come to very different conclusions.
Celebrate that difference, anon. For if women thought exactly like men, most of us would be killed and eaten immediately after coitus.
>>
>>734015983
You do not explain why different conclusions result in enemity.
>>
>>734015650
Shit...
You actually answered seriously.
Thanks bro
>>734015983
I was mostly joking about their unpredictability
But you comment was uplifting enough so yeah, thanks!
>>
>>734016066
Because my primary purpose was to make you laugh.
>>
File: ggwp.png (137KB, 526x436px) Image search: [Google]
ggwp.png
137KB, 526x436px
>>734016151
Oh sorry.
Not my fault I am autistic.
>>
are there any objects that don't reflect light
>>
>>734016399
No.
Every object has electrons.
Electrons will always emit light of some form when de-excited.
Every object has a nucleus.
Nuclei will emit InfraRed waves (a form of light waves) to become more stable.
>>
>>734016399
A singularity technically does not reflect light.

Though a photon may "skitter" across the surface of an even horizon.
>>
>>734016685
Yikes, I didn't want to have to talk about singularities, because you cannot be certain that the laws of physics still hold within them.
I would like to believe that they do reflect the light, but the light is simply 'sucked' back in.
>>
>>734016399
So yes. A naked (nonrotating) singularity would be completely nonreflective.

But such an object would be extremely rare indeed.
>>
>>734016878
>>734016811
I disagree
>>
>>734016878
what is a singularity
>>
>>734016811
Nope. Once a photon strikes a singularity, it is never re-emitted, nor can it "bounce" or be deflected.

Remember, we're talking about two different things - a singularity and an event horizon. Subatomic particles can "leap" past the barrier of an even horizon. But not so of a singularity.
>>
fuck you
>>
>>734017127
A singularity is any object or phenomenon that will have a single characteristic tending towards infinity.
Black holes --> infinite density
Big Band --> Infinite Temperature, etc
>>
I'm sorry for all the sociological questions but maybe you can put down a response for them with rational thinking.

Why are we so afraid of getting rejected? Like, why don't we do things just because they could have bad results?

t. a guy who hasn't confronted any of his 10 crushes on his relationship with them throughout the years because hes a pussy
>>
>>734017127
A singularity - in this case - is the actual mass that creates the gravity well we know as a "black hole".

It is separate from the black hole itself - which is the gravitational "system" which sucks everything in.

And is separate again from the event horizon - which is merely a 'bubble' beyond which no photon can escape the gravity well caused by the singularity.
>>
>>734017246
You can explain all of this mechanically, using Natural Selection.
Organisms that don't fear bad results die out (maybe because they get eaten by a tiger because they aren't scared)
Organisms that do fear bad results survive to reproduce (they fear the death of their children, so they protect their children)

Psychologically, it could be explained through the Beahavioural and Social learning approaches.
We learn through experiences of our own, and observations of others.
We know that it is common for people to get rejected, and we view it as a negative response, which reinforces the belief that we are likely to experience negative results of the action.
>>
>>734017624
There are many examples of nature favoring the false positive danger signal. Better to run away from 10 tigers that are not there than to be eaten by the one we ignored.
Of those who jumped off cliffs, only a few survived to procreate. Of those who were 'chicken', all were still around to procreate.

Human social structures now make you lose confidence and potentially lose social status each time you are rejected. Rejection floods the brain with hormones the same as losing a fight - giving you a reason to avoid rejection.
>>
File: 1304278170088.jpg (54KB, 506x400px) Image search: [Google]
1304278170088.jpg
54KB, 506x400px
Why is 4chan not bumping threads properly and how do we fix it?
>>
>>734017479
so thats why light cant escape a black hole? the ulta high mass of the black hole creates gravity?
>>
>>734018071
You can assume such.
It's more that the surface is bend backwards so light can only travel backwards.
>>
>>734017624
>We know that it is common for people to get rejected, and we view it as a negative response, which reinforces the belief that we are likely to experience negative results of the action.

But doesn't seeing positive results happening to the brave make us want to try to get the good results by doing the things the fearless do?

I know not getting the positive results doesn't result in death so our mind is inclined to just say ''fuck it its not like I'm gonna die'' and not do the thing. But still, its not like we're gonna die if we get rejected too.
>>734018021
>
Human social structures now make you lose confidence and potentially lose social status each time you are rejected. Rejection floods the brain with hormones the same as losing a fight - giving you a reason to avoid rejection.

So this is all a matter of hormones? How do some of us power through them and end up becoming corageous as shit, and because of that they don't feel as conflicted as others?

I know I'm sounding forcedly doubtful but I'm kind of trying to build a concept here so bear with me.
>>
>>734018048
Um, science?
>>
>>734018370
Negative reinforcement is stronger than positive reinforcement.
You would be more motivated to avoid negative responses than to pursue the possible positive one.
>>
>>734018560
>>734018370
>So this is all a matter of hormones? How do some of us power through them and end up becoming corageous as shit, and because of that they don't feel as conflicted as others?

What about these cases?
>>
>>734018370
This is because of variation in genes and environment.
The presence of hormones and the amount of hormones an organism would have will depend on its genetic makeup.
>>
>>734018723
Shit. So the only thing left for me to do is to fight genetics and grow balls? Alrighty then, thanks you based Wiseass.
>>
>>734018370
>So this is all a matter of hormones?
Pretty much all behavior is a matter of hormones. Even though the humanists have a really hard time with that.
>>734018560
for instance, the human brain is wired so that an emotionally negative event is 10 times more likely to form a permanent memory than a positive event. Thus, we are far more likely to avoid emotionally negative events than positive ones.

While this is the case for most people, those who seem to say "fuck it all" and hit on every pussy they meet are actually accumulating a lot of emotionally negative events. They are usually the ones who are emotional train wrecks in their 60s - or completely sociopathic due to their attempts at avoiding their own emotions.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (142KB, 2450x2325px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
142KB, 2450x2325px
>>734018927
Is this your specialty?
I am more suited towards the physical sciences.
My confidence slowly reduces as I go towards the social sciences.
>>
>>734018433
You suck at this nigger
>>
>>734018927
>for instance, the human brain is wired so that an emotionally negative event is 10 times more likely to form a permanent memory than a positive event. Thus, we are far more likely to avoid emotionally negative events than positive ones.

So its all for the best?
God damn.
Hopefully someday my avoidance will turn off and I'll experience that one positive event that makes life worth it. Or not.

I guess at least I'll be happy. If I don't become a full blown robot and kill myself at 30, that is.

>still going strong boys

K I'll stop bothering you guys.
>>
>>734018927
Or they have convinced themselves that it's not a negative event at all. Psychopathic.

>>734019072
I am well read in the fields of neurosciences, psychology, sociology.
>lifelong subscriber to scientific american and SA mind, as well as a few psychology blogs. The good ones that discuss actual research. Not the bad ones that just give advice or state opinions.
>getting to be damned few blogs I like anymore.
>>
>>734019436
Beautiful!
I am well versed in Theoretical Physics and Maths, Chemistry and Biology.
A friend of mine has helped out with psychological questions
>>
If two black holes collided, then how many protons would it take to electrocute a moderately insulated cannon ball and how many hydrogens?
>>
>>734019370
Women favor the bold.

A decent book to boost your thoughts would be "the Lucifer Principle" by Howard Bloom. He's no scientist, and he doesn't write like one. But he does give you plenty of information to think on.
And his conclusions are interesting, to say the least. Read the book and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>734019563
We seem to make a good pair.
Very complementary information.
>>
File: LMAO.jpg (147KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.jpg
147KB, 1440x1080px
>>734019583
A hydrogen is a proton (just with an electron)
Electrocution of the cannon ball depends on its mass and its free electron number density.

All this information is dependant on the collision of black holes, as it verifies the cosmological principle, that the laws of physics, more or less, hold constant within the world of your question.
>>
>>734019909
True, that :)
>>
>>734019563
How do you feel about Maths? Like, what got you into it? I though it was interesting until it got into way too crazy shit.
By then I just went ''fuck it this is gonna be used so rarely by me I'd rather go learn some interesting shit at the least''.

It seemed so meaningless to me. Probably because they are way too theoretical and are rarely used outside their own place when they get too complex. Its also harder to sound smart when you're well read in Maths than in Physics/Chemistry/probably every other subject.

>>734019713
Will try to. Got too much shit to read though. I'm trying to become less of a pseudo intelectual though. I thought I was bright but there are normal friends of mine who have read miles more than me. And also there are some good fucking books in my list that I want to read for leisure.
>>
>>734020083
what books do you want to read?
>>
>>734020083
That book is perfect for you, then.
>>
>>734020083
I continued pursuing Maths as I thought it would help me in theoretical physics, and it certainly has. Apart from that, I just love the subject, even the crazy and irrelevant details.
Because no matter how irrelevant they may seem, you can always link them to a topic of choice later.
For instance, do you know that four-dimensional organisms don't need to worry about cis-trans isomerism, because every shape is symmetrical in the fourth-dimension.

So yeah.. you needn't worry about transfats if you lived in four spatial dimensions.
kek
>>
>>734020378
Ach mein Gott.
funny - I understand algebra and trig very well. But I can't wrap my head around even basic calc. I moved more into statistics so I could understand the studies I was reading. To me, everything in the world is a bell curve.
Fascinating how our maths are complementary too.
>>
>>734019436
Hey brainman, how can you explain people (mostly fucked up in the head girls) liking those who are reserved/enigmatic?
Even worse, those who are stoic/indifferent to them?
I've seen so many girls with this fucking mindset it boggles my mind.

>>734020177
Mostly normie shit that is still interesting enough to me like Lolita, The Great Gatsby, The Karamazov Brothers, The Sorrows of Young Werther, stuff like that. I know its lame for me not to have read some of those but my country doesnt really cherish books and I'm a lazy cunt, probably why I'm not a fullblown wiseass like you guys.

Speaking of my country, there are some shit from here I also have to read, like Triste Fim de Policarpo Quaresma. I'm not gonna give more examples because they're not even in English so why bother.

>>734020378
I wish I could love it as much as you, bro. Seriously, just seeing those ''two different numbers added equals 3, and the sum of them two cubed equals 25, what is the result of the sum of them squared?'' already get me real mad. Physics however has almost never failed to get me interested.
>>
>>734020948
Yeah, finding connections and patterns is something I really love.
>>
File: IMG_3350.jpg (75KB, 492x469px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3350.jpg
75KB, 492x469px
>>
>>734021010
I feel that it's because they feel a greater sense of 'achievement' when they get to know someone who is completely different, or does not seem open towards them.

Wasn't there also some construct in sociology, where it makes them feel 'special' over 'normal' people?
>>
>>734021411
No more than two days dead.
>>
>>734021411
>>734021489
Also appears to have suffered a blunt collision onto the nose, deforming it suddenly.
>>
>>734021414
>I feel that it's because they feel a greater sense of 'achievement' when they get to know someone who is completely different, or does not seem open towards them.

Holy shit that sounds retarded. Please tell me this isn't the real reason.
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>734021010
>girls) liking those who are reserved/enigmatic?
Women want what they cannot have.

Take two girls with you to a bar. Have them pay you a bit of attention. Then let them leave you alone. Half the girls in the bar will rush you.
Why?
Women are lazy. They are faced with a choice of either deciding if you're worth having or not - or they can just lazily trust the judgment of other women. It works - one or two females are the ultimate wingmen.

Stoicism / indifference are signs that he is of higher social station than she is. A lot of women practice what is known as hypergamy. Look the part and act the part and women will respond.
>>
>>734019934
10/10 response, but
>more or less
>constant
explain pls.
I thought the laws of physics are just a point of reference by now because all things are linked -verification needed
>>
>>733997815
The toxic effect of methadone on a body?
>>
File: Our Answer has Arrived.png (62KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
Our Answer has Arrived.png
62KB, 900x720px
How is the "disproven" ether theory different from the new "god particle" theory?
>>
>>734021628
Damn. Thanks.
>hypergamy
This is lame but whatever, will keep it in mind. Thank you.
>>
>>734021411
That's a lot of blood.
That man has a lot of blood in his beard.

>>734021877
Cellular or gross?
>either would require a novel
>>
>>734021794
based on the cosmological principle, we assume that the laws of physics hold true throughout the universe.
That doesn't have to be the case, varying parts of the universe could have varying gravitational constants, etc.
As a part of physics, we assume that the universe, as a whole, has the same laws of physics so that we can actually use our theories and don't reach a dead end when measuring the conditions of other galaxies.
>>
I would like to now how it is that the Hermetic texts predicted the properties of quantum mechanics to a tee. The first principle is that the World is a subjective experience. In other words, the universe is mental.

Why does science ignore Biocentrism?
>>
>>734022186
And so we don't have to develop a thousand different theories to describe the same phenomena in a thousand different parts of the universe.
>imagine the theologists having a field day with that.
>>
>>734021877
Methadone is normally used to prevent withdrawal symptoms.
It does have its side effects but the positives outweigh the negatives.
If used in excess, Methadone can cause seizures and swellings.
>>
>>734022241
quantum physicist practically invented biocentrism.
Or at least saved it from the scrap heap of forgotten postulates.
>>
>>734022014

Okay a tldr version , effects on the thyroid, histamine, and endocrine system .
I know it can cause dysmennorea (?) But what else, ta .
>>
>>734021999
ether was the proposed medium for which light travels.
The 'god particle' theory makes up the Higgs field, which is the medium for which all atoms get their mass.
The two theories are very different, but similar in some respects.
>>
>>734022600
Physics
not physicist
>>
File: 1401562230907.jpg (206KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1401562230907.jpg
206KB, 500x369px
Is consciousness the result of biology or is biology the result of consciousness?
>>
>>734022754
Yet to be known.
>>
>>734022754
matter does not have consciousness
>>
>>734022708

Thank you, Doc!
>>
>>734022539
Thank you, anon.
Could you elaborate on the swellings, seizures.
Need to ask a doctor to switch me to suboxone/ subutex, but she is refusing because methadone is cheap, and it would be an effort to write out the necessary rx's and that .
>>
>>734022241
>Why does science ignore Biocentrism?

Biocentrism is not a scientific issue, but an ethical issue.
Consequentialist's point of view - we can justify the cruel actions that cause suffering to prevent a greater amount of suffering.
>>
>>734022241
>I would like to now how it is that the Hermetic texts predicted the properties of quantum mechanics to a tee. The first principle is that the World is a subjective experience. In other words, the universe is mental.

Look up the ancient astronaut theory:
It states that any religious event in the past has been created due to sighting or interactions with significantly higher evolved and advanced extraterrestrials.
Perhaps these beings preached about their learnings to us, in simplistic ways.
>>
>>734022600
> quantum physicist practically invented biocentrism.

Physics and biocentrism are completely different worlds.
>>
>>734022754
From what we observe, consciousness seems to be a product of processes in our brains.
However, the double-slit experiment in Physics shows that consciousness seems to shape reality that is not biologically defined.
This points towards metaphysics.
>>
File: 1365645834821.png (562KB, 557x748px) Image search: [Google]
1365645834821.png
562KB, 557x748px
>>734022926
I am not my body, nor the matter that composes it, this I understand.
I refers to my consciousness as an observer to the universe, not my ego.
But can matter (and by extension, energy) form consciousness, or is it from beyond the universe?

>came to troll thread
>became euphoric
>>
>>734023026
Yikes, this is delving too deep towards medicine.
I am no doctor, sorry, but just a mere scientist.
I would thoroughly recommend you meet another doctor for a second opinion.
From what I've heard from your statement, I don't like the attitude of that doctor you're visiting.
>>
>>734023659

read this >>734023583
>>
trump or hillary?
>>
>>734024474
not science
sorry, not my area of expertise
[The scientific community does support Hillary, though]
>>
what are your views on religion? islam in particular
>>
>>734022600

You my man, live in a mechanical universe of atoms are particles.

You have to be honest with yourself and let go of the pride of "knowing"

The Universe is paradoxical.

Look into it. Robert Lansa made the theory, not "physicists", and he is backed by many true scientists that were ostracized until a few years ago.

Bruce Lipton's The Biology of Belief showed conclusively how cells receive information from their environment.

Alan Watts talks about it how you are god pretending not to be.

The 82 psalms in the bible says, "you are gods"

Rupert Sheldrake talks about the Morphogenetic field.

Terence McKenna talked about it all the time and covered it in his book, Food of the Gods.

Like attracts like. This is gravity. However, this extends to much more than just physical matter. You also attract what you ARE, not what you want.

Alvin Boyd Kuhn wrote a book called "The esoteric structure of language and it's hidden meaning". In it, he uses more than 10 language examples of the meaning of our alphabet.

The beginning is A, because it represents cosmic consciousness or god as it splits into Spirit and Matter, in the bible, it says it split into Light and Dark Waters" Light is consciousness and Dark Waters is physical matter.

And the line connecting the two is humanity, because we are a bridge between the worlds.

Starting with Egyptian, M is the water letter. But these two letters always reference physical matter in terms of water.

M and N are always the water letters, which is why MoNey is liqudated, and we have cash FLOW, and we use our currenc(t)y. Even banks are called a bank because a river bank directs the flow of the current.

When you look at the word M-A-N, you see that the Divine Unit "A" is housed within the confines of a physical body.

Youtube the channel "Fractal Youniverse" and binge watch a few videos. The older ones pertain to what you are referring to.
>>
>>734022926
Matter IS consciousness. It's simply slowed down consciousness.
>>
>>734024691
I personally believe that all religion has been made based upon sights that people could not explain, and has been manipulated over time for political control.
>>
File: wut.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
wut.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>734024716
where is the question?
>>
>>734024902

Religion rejected science. However, religion is simply psychology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXBgPeZCipI&t=600s
>>
>>734022654
For the thyroid, you need to understand a concept called homeostasis.
It's not actually toxic to the thyroid or endocrine system, but it does alter the homeostatic function, thus causing hypothyroidism and hypogonadism.
If you were able to get off methadone, your thyroid and endocrine system should eventually return to normal operation... slowly.

It's much like how those who smoke end up with a supressed nucleus accumbens in their brain - the so-called "pleasure center". This makes those who quit smoking "grumpy" and "depressed". Recovery takes months to decades, depending on how long and how much the person smoked.
The nucleus accumbens is not actually damaged, however. It's like the idle on your car - improperly tuned, your idle can be too high or too low. But in this case, the human "tuning" is self resetting - though it may take a long time.

Sorry, but I know too little about the chemistry or biology to cite anything certain about histamine intolerance.

>>734024716
I have my faith, and it is very strong, btw. But I do not let it cloud my perception of "what is". I will not believe that which reality disproves. But that still leaves a lot of room for magical thinking.
>>
>>734025296
Trust me, that IS the tl;dr version.
>>
>>734025002
There is no question. This is a thread of the blind leading the blind.

I have a lot of experience in this subject and I've done a LOT of psychedelics over the course of 10 years to arrive to this understanding.
>>
>>734025296
>>734025359
I concur
>>
>>734025430
But the thread is about asking supposed 'blind' questions?
>>
>>733997815
if the earth is round how do explain sunrise and sunset?
>>
>>733997815
>any questions about science
an electron accelerated to 0.6c collides with 14nm thick gold foil at 90 degrees. what particles are created by the collision? at what angles do they scatter? what are their final velocities?
>>
>>734023792
Oh , I'm grateful for any info.
And Im doctor either, but I do know red flags , she is either stupid, complacent, or, more likely, narcissist.
For example, I said , jokingly, "you crack the whip, don't you?" and she laughed , said yes. There are many! other instances from myself and others , but it would be derailing the thread somewhat to whitter on about it.
It is very , hmm, disconcerting when ones health lies in the hands of someone who seems to be so callous.
The doc before her was amazing, but (wisely!) emigrated.
Basically, any info I can be armed with is welcome.
As was hoping to give her a summary, a debate, on why itvis so toxic. Which noone should have to, it's causing gi , endocrine, disturbances/changes, feverish sweats etc.
Please 'scuse the rambling!
>>
>>734025538
The Earth rotates on its own axis.
What we view as a sunset and sunrise, is caused by the Sun's light being blocked by the Earth's rotation, or vice versa.
>>
>>734025296

First, you need to understand that magick is simply dealing with perception and using the Law of Attraction to attain desired states of consciousness and experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDmHMgIQjo&t=753s

Secondly, "what is" is what fascinates me. My understand of the world has come from a very practical 'show me' attitude. Thomas was the only one to touch the body of god because he doubted the conventional knowledge. What makes you thing our knowledge today is so complete?
>>
>>734025595
Homework/10
>>
>>734025514

State what you think is blind and I will expand on it.
>>
File: image.png (631KB, 755x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
631KB, 755x540px
>>
>>734025889
it was, last semester.
>>
>>734025595
[Applying law of conservation of energy]
Energy of electron = 0.5*(9.11*10^-31)*(0.6c)^2 = 1.47582*10^-14 J
So, the energies of the particles created by the electron must be = 9.67482*10^-14 J [Applying Einstein's E = mc^2]

[Applying Law of Conservation of charge]
Sum of charges made by the collision must add up to -1

[Applying Law of Conservation of Lepton number]
The lepton number of all particles formed must add up to +1

The angles at which the particles scatter vary, but IN ALL CASES, will always obey the law of conservation of momentum.

The final velocities of any given particle cannot be any higher than the original velocity of the electron.

The thickness of the gold is irrelevant.
A permutation of particles can be created as long as the above requirements are satisfied
>>
File: Laughing my KEK off.png (635KB, 600x753px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing my KEK off.png
635KB, 600x753px
>>734026457
Good attempt?
KEK
>>
>>733999627
read this >>734026189
>>
I really find it disturbing how bad /b/ understands the universe so incorrectly. I've posted all you will need to know to understand if you have an open fucking mind.

YOU ARE THE FUCKING UNIVERSE.

Youtube "Fractal Youniverse" if you want real understand from the words of some of the greatest thinkers alive.

I'm out this bitch, you fucking retards are hopeless.
>>
File: I Replied Last So I Win.gif (982KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
I Replied Last So I Win.gif
982KB, 320x180px
>>734026999
trippy
>>
>>734025826
First, I will state this fact, and I think most medical undergrads would agree with me on this. The human immune system is damnably complex and intolerably finicky,
Look no further than the human immune system for strong evidence AGAINST Gods existence. For no "all knowing" God would create such a Rube Goldberg Machine we know as the human immune system.

Meanwhile, my belief in Gods existence is independent of my understanding of the natural world around me. I find nothing in this universe that could shake my faith in God. God, to me, does not require proof. Nor does He require a universe to prove him.

Now here's something for you to consider. What is the placebo effect if not "believing makes it so"? What is faith healing, if not "believing makes it so"? We've barely scratched the surface, but we are finally starting to look into the placebo effect as its own means of healing people. We have begun to research its limits. But the placebo effect is really just the scientific term for faith healing. They both have essentially the same effect through the same means. Science has believed in faith healing for decades. They just can't bring themselves to call it that.

>>734025285
>Religion rejected science.
Not all religion. The Buddhists, in fact, have contributed greatly to neuroscience over the past 40 years. Buddhists are instructed to embrace science and what we learn by it.
>>
File: OH BOY.jpg (788KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
OH BOY.jpg
788KB, 1024x768px
>>734027157
I gave up at this
>>734026999
>YOU ARE THE FUCKING UNIVERSE
KEK
>>
>>734027157

You misunderstood. God does not exist as religion pictures it. GOD IS ALL THAT IS. God IS the natural world. Anything contrary to the natural world is bullshit.

The Hermetic Principle of correlation states "As Above, So Below".

The unknown can be understood through knowledge of the known.

The only god in existence is you. Your consciousness manifest the world.

God is not ALL KNOWING. The version of god is religion and they purposefully distort the truth.

All sacred texts are really talking about our psychology. Nothing else. No literal history.

Read "Oration on the Dignity of Man" It has a Christian lens, but it's pretty damn close to our CURRENT understanding (not our 2010 understanding) of the cosmos.
>>
>>734027717
>All sacred texts are really talking about our psychology. Nothing else. No literal history.

[citation needed]
>>
>>734027318
Except he's not entirely wrong.
There is now evidence that the universe is some sort of simulation. This evidence has yet to be explained. Which is to say it only SUGGESTS the universe is not real.
>see assumption of science #1 - the universe exists; it is real.
We still have a lot of work to prove anything yet.
>>
>>734027318
Keep laughing to yourself, because I know for a fact existence is meaningless for you. Which is sad.

I haven't been on 4chan for years. This is the first time in forever. I forgot how close minded you are internet.
>>
File: OOOH YEAH.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
OOOH YEAH.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>734027717
this is fun to watch
>>
File: This Gon Be GOOD.jpg (5KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
This Gon Be GOOD.jpg
5KB, 320x180px
>>734027852
>>734027876
KEK
>>
>>733997815
Knowing that knowledge is a concentration of energetic pulses, and said pulses occupy a place in space, when do you think your big brain will reach its maximum capacity of data thus leading to your incapacitacion?
>>
>>734027990
No.
Our brain removes pieces of 'knowledge' that we don't use often, to make up for space.
>>
>>734027800
>>734027717
There's a lot of actual history found in the Abrahamic texts. Archaeologists have used the Abrahamic texts to help find lost cities.
Additionally, the Vedic texts get very in depth about historical events in and around India. At one point in time, the Hindu texts were being rewritten a dozen different ways. Today, it's a historical boon because we now know a dozen different points of view of the same events - as told by a dozen different tribes living at the time.

Same goes for many of the religious texts of ancient China. We gain valuable insight into the social problems of the day as the texts were written.

There's a lot of history written in religious texts. All of it requires a grain of salt, however.
>>
>>734027800
Bill Donahue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVc-8D7uMw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVnbHlvxTHA&t=1490s
Joseph Campbell - Hero with a Thousand faces
Mythology in Joseph Campbell's words, is "Other People's Religion"

Mythology always served 4 functions:

Cosmological sphere - A picture of the cosmos as understood at the time.
Sociological sphere - Society's rules
Mystical sphere - Reconnecting to awe
Psychological sphere - How to guild archetypal energy

Alan Watts - on God

Read "Carl Jung and Christian Spirituality" forwarded by Robert Moore
>>
>>734028256
Right, I can appreciate that.>>734028351
>>
>>734028057
Uh, let me remake the question then.
How long one will learn untill all previous aquired data is expunged, making him completely forget his past and other non-vital information?
>>
>>734027990
>>734028516
Our minds are like a lumber mill. Things not often used tend to get buried. But things oft used never get buried.

>>734028351
Just keep tossing those urls at us. I'll look through it at my leisure and judge for myself. Your efforts are not wasted.
>>
>>734028516
Varies from person to person.
Depends on the number of folds within the person's head.
The more the folds, the more the memory capacity of the person, apparently.
>>
>>734028256
That's really what I mean. History was in fact woven into the story when appropriate. But almost not even worth mentioning
>>
>>734028664
That's good to hear. Spend some time on the fractal youniverse page. It's a rich source.
>>
>>734028871
yea, ty for the links, ill look at them too
>>
>>734028664

>>734028664
The Kybalion (1920)
Pico's 900 thesis (1486)
As a Man Thinketh (1919)
Alvin Boyd Kuhn - The esoteric structure of language
Jesus the Magician - Morton Smith
>>
>>734028664
Don't forget the Hermetic texts; Hermetica, Kybalion, and the Corpus Hermetica
>>
The "Tao Te Ching" is an Eastern view of the same thing.
>>
>>734028700
Au contrare, mon ami
The historical context can often mean everything. And their historical references are invaluable to anthropology and sociology.

For instance, the first recorded song was written on an Egyptian clay tablet. When played, it sounds like a country western song. This song was not meant for pharaohs, but for the common people. Thus, we know that the common Egyptian probably sang sad songs just as people do today.

And we also know the first case of quarantine in history involved an Egyptian village. The pharaoh had his army surround the village and archers killed anyone leaving. The texts gave us enough information to find the village. We dug up the bodies and found the epidemic was.... chicken pox.
Back then, it was a killer disease with near 100% death rate. Today, the mortality rate is less than that of the flu.
In less than 6000 years, we adapted to chicken pox that much. Gives you some hope to adapting to something like HIV.

You see, history, anthropology, biology, psychology, technology, it's all interconnected.

>>734029793
already familiarized myself with that. ;)
>>
>>733997815
how would a Skype call between someone near a black hole and someone on planet earth go? Assuming black hole is where the sun is now and the planet where this person calling is orbiting really close to it.
>>
>>734029976
The path travelled by the radio waves used in the skype call is identical to the path travelled by visible light near the black hole.
It would take longer for light to 'run out' away from the blackhole.
So the person near the black hole will be slowed down, whilst the person away from the blackhole will be sped up.
>>
>>733997815
You like memes? Whats your fav type of porn?
>>
>>734029903
Another fine example is the Biblical quote about the "eye of the needle"
At night, the gates of the fortifications around most major cities were closed. However, near the gates was a hole in the wall, just large enough for one man to walk through. An army would have to run through it in single file - suicide for any attackers. However, it was just large enough for you to squeeze a camel through IF you could get the camel to walk on its knees. The difficulty, of course, made the endeavor not worth it. But it was not impossible. The hole was called "the needle's eye" The Biblical reference was about the difficulty - not impossibility.

Everyone at the time would have known exactly what he meant - no need for him to elaborate.
>>
File: kek.gif (4KB, 310x189px) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
4KB, 310x189px
>>734030213
this is my porn
>>
Where those wind come from?
>>
>>734030368
The sun heats up different parts of the Earth differently.
Some parts are hotter, and some parts are cold,
Hot air is less dense, so it rises up.
Cold air from other places, flows into this region to fill in the empty place of the hot air.
This movement of air causes winds.
>>
>>734030368
I'm lactose intolerant.
jk
Wind almost overwhelmingly comes from the sun heating the earth up at different rates at different times in different locations.
And to a lesser extent, how...
>>734030368
gah, you beat me to it
>>
>>734030564
haha
>>
>>734030190
yes I know that but since they are talking to each other in Skype how would the call go? I mean its not going to show one of them going slower and the other going faster.
>>
>>734030360
who are you? you have to be someone famous.
>>
>>734030712
No, that is precisely how the call would be.
If you were near the blackhole, the signal would be much faster.
If you were further, the signal would be stuttered and slower.
>>
>>734030765
How flattering :)
Just a person that likes solving questions on science.
>>
File: 1493674631293.jpg (3KB, 88x125px) Image search: [Google]
1493674631293.jpg
3KB, 88x125px
>>734030368
Why does it do this though?
>>
>>734030765
you know how two guys can play the same vidya game, but one is playing at 60fps, while another this playing at 15?

That's what your skype call would be like. If the guy gets too close to the black hole, he would be slowed down too much and his vidya would turn to shit.

It would be like a skype call with your T4 connection and his 2400baud dialup
>>
>>734031021
Hot air rises upwards because it is less dense.
Hot air is less dense because the particles have more kinetic energies (more speeds) so they spread out further away from each other.
So hot air spreads out, increasing its volume.
Because the volume increases, and the mass is constant, its density decreases.
Less dense substances rise up, just as how a less dense wood floats up on water.
>>
>>734031234
yeah, but don't forget about the element of time dilation there.
One of them is literally faster.
>>
>>734031361
Assume skype is 20fps. at 60fps, the guy is talking triple speed and waiting forever for your response.

You, meanwhile, seem like you're talking in slo motion. He'll have to record you and watch the vidya at 3x speed or he'll never understand you.
>>
>>734031631
eeyup!
really bizzarre
>>
>>733997815
Well mister, can you explain to me, WHY THERE IS ALMOST NO GOLD COMPARES TO THE AMOUNT OF OTHER PRECIOUS METAL IN EARTH?
>>
>>734031817
Partial distillation on a planetary scale.
>>
>>734031817
Gold and other heavier elements are only made in supernovas.
All the elements below Iron are made in every other star.
Because of the rarity of supernovae, gold is rare, but every other metal isn't
>>
Sorry folks. Time to shut things down. Thor is throwing his hammer around overhead. heh heh.
>>
>>734032109
THANKS MATE, YOU´RE AWESOME
>>
>>734032109
Hm?
Inducing charging by friction?
one of my personal favourites :P
>>
>>734032200
Aw, why thank you :)
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.