[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

back again for some input. looking for personal experience here.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

back again for some input. looking for personal experience here.

>be me
>have been drinking heavily for past year or so.
>some times especially last month could get close to whole fifth of vodka.
>get sick friday morning, decided its related to heavy drinking.
>read about alcohol withdrawals
>learn one can die from alcohol withdrawals.
>go cold turkey.
>been approx 36 hours since last drink.
>been feeling sometimes hot, sometimes clammy, and sweaty, but mostly ok.
>worried symptoms will get worse.
>call anon nurse hotline.
>nurse suggests see a doctor within the next four hours.
>debating if i should go.
>if i do go and people find out, I have A LOT to lose.
>debating wether or not I should go even though I feel mostly fine.

TLDR: any bros here go cold turkey from prolonged heavy drinking? what was the worst it got? should I be worried about having seizures or hallucinations?
>>
File: B10085466.jpg (16KB, 132x440px) Image search: [Google]
B10085466.jpg
16KB, 132x440px
>>733989318
will update with some random shit and some pics of my drink of choice.

got the good ol svedka. trusty and cheap.
>>
I went ham for a good while man. Then cold turkey. Some sweats, loss of sleep, wouldn't feel hungry, would force myself to eat and only have a bite or two and feel sick. Lasted about a week then was clear
>>
>>733989318
>>>/adv/
>>
File: ketel-one_1.jpg (11KB, 463x463px) Image search: [Google]
ketel-one_1.jpg
11KB, 463x463px
>>733989572
how long is a good while? what would you consider HAM?

also, bumping with the kettle one. Loved the kettle one when I was feeling fancy.
>>
my biggest worry is I will suffer hallucinations or seizures or worse, death.

I always did enjoy a nice vodka on the rocks with some olives.
>>
ITT: pussies
you know nothing about drinking
>>
File: 1325981440946.jpg (28KB, 302x377px) Image search: [Google]
1325981440946.jpg
28KB, 302x377px
anyone out there?
>>
>>733990284
so, enlighten me? you ever go cold turkey? what was the outcome?
>>
>>733990349
I almost beat my gf to death because I thought she was a lizard
>>
Op: seriously, what would you have to lose by admitting you have a problem and seeking proven, professional help? If you're worried about family and friends finding out or being upset... realize that they *probably* already know you're a degenerate drunk, and will be elated that you're getting the help you need and they won't have to worry about you as much.

Unless you just really like their perpetual worrying, like some kind of depressed beta boy.

Man up. Get help. Don't be a fucking moron. Also, don't take withdrawal advice from b. It's a good way to die.
>>
>>733990519
well thats no good, alcohol related or just general looks?
>>
>>733990713
good question
>>
File: 1326188986428.jpg (197KB, 342x546px) Image search: [Google]
1326188986428.jpg
197KB, 342x546px
>>733990710
what I have to lose is my job. My home is supported by my job...quite literally. not just because of the income my job provides me with a home.
>>
>>733989318
Beginning stages of liver disease. Can cause weird rashes too. It can happen when you quit cold turkey. My liver is shot. I don't are anymore.
Two nights ago, my uncle and I split a half gallon of vodka, a steel reserve 8.1% each and a 750mil of wine. Fuck it.
>>
>>733989318
sorry man, i had similar experince after deepening alcoholism for 5 years. would not go a day without at the end.

quitting was hell: sweats, no sleep, paranoia, hallucinations, depersonalisation.

got over it somehow alive, sober for 3 years.

see a doctor if you think it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lny5u-HIwbg

this is fucking horrible :'(
>>
>>733991359
>sober for 3 years
what does keep you sober for so long?
>>
>>733989318
Ive "quit" alcohol many times. Withdrawal mostly involves headaches, andger, sweating, and being tired. You wont even notice it if you substitute the alcohol with weed though. Once i tried weed, I stopped drinking altogether. Kind of upset i didnt start smoking until my adult years, as I feel like alcohol fucked my health a lot more than weed would have.
>>
>>733989318
If you know a dealer or have access to benzo's, get some Valium or Lorazepam. Reduces your risk of seizures and it's what a Dr would prescribe anyway. Just be careful with doses, no more than 4mg a day Lorazepam or 30mg a day Valium. Good luck anon
>>
File: 1325939588713.jpg (33KB, 347x265px) Image search: [Google]
1325939588713.jpg
33KB, 347x265px
>>733991761
can't smoke weed. work tests for it.
>>
>>733991860
Should clarify you need to spread those doses out throughout the day, say 1-2mg Lorazepam or 10mg Valium at a time
>>
>>733991915
Synthetic Urine. Its completely legal so long as its not used on a government issued drug test. Meaning, if youre a govt employee, youre fucked.
>>
>>733991997
can I safely operate a vehicle while taking these medications.
>>
>>733992315
Eh, it will definitely impair your reaction time somewhat, especially if you're not used to it or you take too much. Probably safer than driving during withdrawal though, at least you wont have a seizure and crash.
>>
>>733992315
Hell no. Unless you want to die. Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine, which produces the same exact effect as alcohol, and the other, Valium, is an opiate, which is the same category of drug as morphine.
>>
>>733992460
Ignorant faggot they're both Benzo's
>>
>>733992524
Youre right fag my bad was thinking of Vicodin. Either way, taking that shit will make you fall asleep at some point in the day, not good for work.
>>
>>733989318
It's the symptoms of withdrawl that will kill you, trust me unless your a baby or over 60 you have nothing to worries about
>>
>>733992616
It does depend on how used to them you are, how fat you are and your physical well-being generally. I've known patients take the maximum dose and still be alert enough to try and punch me a few hours later (god I fucking hate being a nurse)
>>
You're fine if it's been 36 hours. I was a 5th a day drinker a year ago and the symptoms you described are very mild. Once you feel like you're heart is going to come out of your chest, which it should have by now, is when you're going through severe withdrawal. Just let it ride out. You're not going to die. If you're worried then taper with beer.
>>
>>733993508
Btw I'm the most qualified so far in this thread to answer your questions having been a horrible alcoholic and on benzodiazepines for 12 years as well. If you have any more questions I'll help but like I said don't worry.
>>
>>733992834
Yeah I know what you mean. I have only done them a few times, and would not do it again. Just dont like them
>>
You can step down dose alcohol to prevent seizure and intense withdraw, it just requires some self control/resolve... which you may be admitting you don't have. I'm not hating, I'm just clarifying the requirement.

Only dose with pre-measured low dose alcohol like light beer.

Find a taper that keeps you in withdrawal, but not sick. Never exceed the taper or where you know your "edge" is when you start to negotiate and rationalize more drinks and end up drunk.
>>
>>733993686
Faggot I'm a nurse and my dad was an alcoholic, you may be more qualified than me with the experience and emotions involved with quitting but your advice of 'you're not gonna die' is terrible. I've seen relatively healthy people under 40 die of withdrawals, not very likely but it does happen. You're not medically qualified for shit
>>
>>733989318
Quit being a fucking pussy and quit. Also you arent supposed to go cold turkey unless youre ALPHA as fuck (which you are not)

Scale back the drinking slowly you beta cuck
>>
>>733994085
No, you're not a nurse if you truly think he has the possibility of dying with moderate symptoms at the peak of his symptoms. All nurses I've seen would be telling him to ride it out and maybe give him .1mg clonodine and 50 mg vistral. They wouldn't even consider Librium or Ativan at this point if he only was clammy/sweaty as his symptoms.
>>
>>733990145
fag cuck can't say no to mundane pleb poison
>>
>>733994456
Possibility being the key word, I said it's unlikely but people can take a bad turn quickly. You've seen some shitty nurses if they ever told you to 'ride out' withdrawal, unless maybe it's a Yank thing (I'm Britfag nurse). Either way regardless of how bad symptoms are we'd always give Lamotrigine or Valium for withdrawals
>>
>>733994902
Lorazepam*
>>
>>733994902
Never heard of lamictal being used for alcohol withdrawal here. I've been to 5 rehabs, 6 hospital stays so I've ran into probably close to 100 nurses. Im just saying that at his symptoms they wouldn't treat him as a high risk patient. If he had more symptoms then obviously they administer Librium, Ativan or Valium. Just saying from experience, you'd obviously have more text book knowledge though. He truly is fine but if more symptoms came up then yeah, he should be more cautious and seek medical attention
>>
>>733991552
spite, anger, sorrow and hatred for my ex gf :) now that i think of it, its not that anymore, i guess im just used to sober life at this point.

when i quit, i started new hobbies and activities, they fill most of my time, give energy and good brain chemicals.

>gym, motorcycles, cars, new girlfriend
>>
>>733995697
Yeah I fucked up with that one I meant >>733994953
(all these brand names are confusing other than Valium we don't use them over here)
Maybe we're just overcautious here, we just tend to administer them to anyone in withdrawal regardless of symptoms. But a lot varies depending on country etc.

Glad you're sober now man
>>
>>733991107
did you guys play what's in the cave for old time's sake?
>>
>>733989318
Just go to the doc and ask for gabapentin. It's likely what he'd prescribe you anyway. It's given off-label for alcohol and opioid withdrawal and works very well. Just don't use it for more than a couple weeks as tolerance builds quickly. The important thing about gabapentin is that it's not substitution and will make getting through your symptoms a breeze. Quitting the gabapentin is easy as hell too, as long as you don't use it very long.
>>
>>733990519
KEK
>>
>>733989318
I had similar reaction to every addiction I kicked.
This feeling you described have held me max 2-3 days.
Cravings up to few months.

Stay strong OP. I had it easy kicking my addictions (booze, smoking) because of reasons I would like not to disclose.
>>
>>733989318
>Be me
>Had ridiculous over the top anxiety problems my whole life
>Discover booze
>Completely cured anxiety
>Binge drink for 12 years with the last 2 being the worst. About a gallon of whiskey or vodka a day. That or 30 beers.
>Somehow hold a somewhat high level IT position.
>Start drinking at work.
>No one noticed.
>Realize this shit is getting out of hand.
>Paranoid I've destroyed my liver.
>Get a million doctors to give me all tests they can.
>Liver is somehow fine.
>Decide to quit cold turkey
>Riddled with panic attacks for about 6 months after this
>Had a few mini seizures, 1 while driving.
>Never did AA, because I thought it was for weak faggots.
>Still think this.
>Tried getting Xanax, Clonopins, etc legally from doc to stop withdrawals.
>Live in over the top religious area and doc refuses and thinks I'll abuse them.
>Balls up and stay sober.

Anyway OP. You can take antihistamines as well. They kinda help. Stay hydrated, make sure you have B vitamins, you're almost surely deficient. Perhaps hit a doc up for some xanax type of meds, (there's a few different ones) they'll often prescribe it for withdrawals from alcohol.
Exercise helps. Time and determination is the only solution though.

Haven't been drunk in 2 years. Though I've had like "a beer with friends" a few times. Mainly ex alcoholics can't do that though.

I'm actually scared of alcohol now though. That's how I don't drink more than one beer now. Even one now scares me. But then again I'm an over the top panic guy.

Hope this helps
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.