[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I'm thinking about enlisting in the marine corps.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

Hey guys I'm thinking about enlisting in the marine corps. Job, be able to move out of parents house, people will respect me, I'll get in great shape, and I'll probably make some friends in the process. Any advice?
>>
>>733922952
Yeah, I still won't respect you fag, get used to it,
>>
>>733923018
Thats cool not everyone will but a lot will
>>
Become a FMF corpsman, you get to do all the cool Marine shit but none of the dumb shit
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1920x1080px
>>733922952
Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I *love* the Corps!
>>
>>733923235
I take it you like it there
>>
>>733923221
I don't know i feel like marines is the thing that will really get me over
>>
>>733922952
just do the air force / national guard / or reserves

don't let people meme you about it

avoid becoming security forces and you should be golden

and give up on wanting people to respect you, the sooner you stop caring about other peoples opinions the happier you will be
>>
>>733922952
What MOS do you want? Also know that when you get to the fleet most of your seniors won't respect you because you'll be a "dumb fucking boot"
>>
>>733923235
God damn I miss formations...
>>
>>733924701
My friend said that marines will literally take anyone. I'm unfortunately an illegal spic who's been working most of his life since leaving HS (14). It possible or he lying to me?
>>
>>733925332
Do you have a high school diploma or any college credits?
>>
>>733923650

This. I have several Marine friends and a couple of former Marines in my family, and they say that they're happy with their choice, but especially the former marines in my family say that if they could do it again, they would've gone chairforce.

The living accomodations even as an enlisted in the AF are fantastic, you often get a room to yourself, food is pretty great by comparison, facilities in general are nicer, and you get skills that help you get a job in the real world that make bank once you get out (you can do that in the marines, too, but you need to be smarter about what MOS you pick.)

If you really want to do the corps, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, but if you're not necessarily set on being a Marine but want to do some sort of military service, Chairforce is the way to go.
>>
>>733925427
HS diploma yup, never been arrested and I even got a SSN and proper workers green card cause it's kinda necessary here. I tried to attend college but money was always an issue for me growing up. I did try to enlist twice before and got rejected, twice. Once with the army and then later again with the navy.
>>
>>733925809

you never know until you try
>>
>>733922952
my nephew was a Marine, one tour in Afghanistan, got out, is a complete fuckup, should be in prison by now but gets a pass every time because of his service, ptsd, etc etc not sure if that is respect or what
>>
Join the Air Force. You get a much better quality of life.
>>
>>733925809
Ok you're good as far as I can tell but odds are if you were rejected by two other branches they'll reject you. Why did you get rejected?
>>
>>733925888
I know a lot of guys who deployed multiple times, saw some fucked up shit, pretty bad ptsd and were super successful when they got out. But I guess everyone's different
>>
>>733926012
I am illegal as in no US citizenship. I brought my original birth certificate and that's when they tell me to get to stepping. Which is odd because my veteran friends tell me stories of immigrants applying to a branch and earning citizenship through their time there. And I never really got the answer whenever I showed up to enlist about that opportunity..
>>
>>733922952
join air force or reserves, don't listen to the faggots who talk shit, it's not worth the trouble and you get treated much better than the other branches, also you can earn relevant degrees that will make you actual money when you're done, I recommend looking into ATC
>>
>>733926444
That's weird. They were like 3 dudes in my platoon in boot camp who got their citizenship the day before graduation. Go talk to a Marine recruiter and see what he says. Also if you can get in try to be a combat engineer
>>
>>733925680

this

also a thing to remember is that base pay is the same across the branches for your given rank/time in service (no this does not mean that you necessarily WILL receive the same amount of money as a counterpart in another branch, it's a little more complicated than that, but generally you all have the same starting point when it comes to salary)

but the way you can look at it is that you can get paid to fuck around in the mud wearing the same underwear for a month straight and get shot at in the middle east by ragheads who hate you, and come back fucked up because you had to shoot a kid or hold your friend's face together because he decided to faceplant an IED

OR you can get paid more or less the same amount to sit in an air conditioned hangar filling out paperwork because you had to loosen a nut on an f16 or sit at a desk jerking your dick doing some clerical work. Same benefits, better quality of life, you can still call yourself a veteran afterwards, just minus the life-ruining bullshit.
>>
do active duty 4 years. try to catch one deployment to afghanistan or some war area

get out claim ptsd get 90% VA disability and collect $1888 a month tax free for life
better yet you could bullshit your way to 100% get $3k a month and still be able to work

source: im 90%
>>
>>733926763
Man when I was in TRS I asked the VA representative who showed up about filing for disability and the dude literally laughed in my face
>>
>>733926682
Thanks,anon. Why that specific engineer job though?
>>
Recruiters lie. Recruiters lie. Recruiters lie. Get everything in writing, in triplicate, at every step. Dont take their word that something is implied or will be added later.
>>
Enjoy losing your civilian freedoms and prospects, enjoy losing any say in any matter, enjoy the possibility of deploying at any moment, enjoy the prospect of someone smashing your girl while you're on deployment, enjoy getting locked in to 4 years of hell at a minimum.
>>
>>733927230
Because it's the best! No but seriously it's a very broad job and you'll learn a lot. You can work with the infantry, you can work in the air wing. It's pretty great
>>
>>733927442

>enjoy the prospect of someone smashing your girl while you're on deployment,

Just smash theirs while they're on deployment, it's all good. Also, there's no shortage of sluts that hang around looking for some marine cock, just don't use any condoms they give you and don't get them pregnant
>>
>>733927442
While you can deploy at any moment you generally know ahead of time that you're going to deploy.
>>
>>733927222
fuck that shit man
contact DAV they do everything for you
if you seperated like within past 5 years you dont even need med records.

just claim anything u ever went to sick call for.
say u didnt have ptsd but went for insomnia, that starts your case because its a symptom

just get in there an pull of an oscar to get that disability

read form and figure out what there looking for
>>
>job

If you join infantry you have no employable skills outside of the military. If you do something that isn't infantry then you shouldn't be a Marine.

>house

Housing sucks in the Marines. You will loathe the barracks.

>respect

Civilians sure. You will be treated like a retarded child by 90% of everyone you interact with within the military because you are junior enlisted, which is 90% of the people you will interact with on a regular basis.

>get in great shape

Yep.

>friends

Sure.
>>
>>733927838
I didn't go to sick call much because they were a fucking joke. Went in there because my knee was swollen the size of a mother fucking baseball and all bruised looking and the MO looked at it for maybe a minute and literally told me "looks like runners knee. Put ice on it and elevate it and you should be good by tomorrow" and in the unit before that it was generally frowned upon to go to BAS
>>
>>733927984
Be combat engineer. Do infantry stuff, work with infantry on regular basis, also learn normal people skills
>>
>>733928306

Fuck that shit. If he's going anything but infantry he needs to do that shit in another branch.
>>
>>733928560
Hey you watch you're fuckin mouth nigger
>>
>wat
>>
>>733928651

gnawin dem crayons
>>
>>733922952
Don't do it you'll die fighting for evil pedophile cucks
>>
>>733928711
Have you never had crayons?
>>
>>733927585
>>733927676
I'm not looking forward to when the day comes even if I won't necessarily be in an extremely hostile area
Guess I'll have the blessing of going to another country for the first time in my life
>>
>>733922952
EX marine here. Got up to gunny. Did a few tours, I got ptsd pretty bad. Sirens scare me, loud noises scare me. Fucked up knees, back, shoulder. Sometimes I dream I'm still in Afghanistan, or Iraq. Got blown up while in a humvee, shrapnal up and down my back. Not worth it. 10/10 would do again.
>>
>>733928923

Nope. ASVAB 2 hi, will try for CCT.
>>
>>733928991
Then shut yer dumb fuckin mouth their delicious
>>
>>733928959
It's actually pretty cool
>>
>>733922952
>people will respect me,
Every Marine I've met, they're the worst pieces of shit on the planet, Army Grunts are Chill, Navy and Air Force Fags are alright but Marines are straight up dicks for no good reason.
>>
>>733922952

Muscles
Are
Required
Intelligence
Not
Expected
>>
>>733929493
Shut up faggot
>>
>>733929639
Hitting to close to home Private Cunthead?
>>
>>733929493

agreed, I know plenty of marine pogues and they're pretty chill dudes, but the grunts are almost always stereotypical meatheads.
>>
>>733929788
PFC Cunthead you stupid idiot
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.