[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

not memeing here, just got a fidget spinner while shopping today.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

not memeing here, just got a fidget spinner while shopping today. i don't know if it's just because i'm really tired, but i get mesmerized looking at this fucking thing spin. quite a distraction. remind me again why i'm supposed to hate these? is it because kids like them?
>>
>>733922079
How much did you pay for it
>>
>>733922202
$5. i'm assuming it is worth like 3 but the price is jacked up because fad and because i bought it at wal-mart.
>>
>>733922079
I'm 40 and I have one
>>
>>733922323
That's why I asked. I live on the beach and I was thinking of buying some in bulk and walking down the beach selling them to kids with their parents. I think it's a pretty damn good idea but I'm not sure how much I could jack up the price.
>>
Yes. It is because kids like them.
>>
File: 78342892757.webm (1015KB, 317x237px) Image search: [Google]
78342892757.webm
1015KB, 317x237px
>>733922079
Do you even spin?
>>
>>733922323
You didn't get jewed on the price, so that's good at least.
They get hate for being a sincerely stupid fad which revolves around a toy meant for middle schoolers/ and or kids with autism/ adhd. Combine that with them becoming a meme and it's all over.
>>
>>733922574
Is this how we get hyperdrive?
>>
>>733922079

People hate on them for the same reason lots of popular things get hated on - some people can't handle other people enjoying things that they don't personally understand. They're hated simply because they're popular.

I'm not trying to defend them, I personally don't give a fuck about them and don't intend to buy one or slam them for no good reason

Personally I question their design - why bother putting bearings in the three arms that don't spin? Waste of good bearings imo
>>
>>733922761
I have one without the extra bearings ,but you can actually spin it while those too.
Otherwise the design is actually one of the reasons it's so popular. If it had less or more spokes it wouldn't function as well.
>>
>>733923011

No no no I get that the spokes are part of the design, but why mount bearings in them? Why not just have them be solid? It's a waste of bearings!
>>
>>733922761
>why bother putting bearings in the three arms that don't spin

i don't know what you mean by this. aren't all three arms spinning? or are you saying that... the bearings don't spin? how would the bearings spin? i'm confused.
>>
>>733922079
the new fingerbox.......
>>
>>733923212
Idk what you even mean by that. fidget spinners actually exist
>>
>>733923140
Yeah, pretty much
>>
>>733922079

1:20 in this music video

This is now you

https://youtu.be/0cZ8-RgtrP0
>>
>>733923192

OK, so all three arms are spinning around the centre point. Why bother including bearings in the spokes that are not actually physically spun themselves? You can't spin the spinner by holding onto one of the bearings on the spokes, only by holding it in the middle. So what is the point?
>>
File: sadnessultrahd4k.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
sadnessultrahd4k.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>>733923430
>you will never be this cool
>>
>>733923282
so do fingerboxes.
>>
>>733923461
oh, well, seems to me like having bearings 1. looks cool and 2. helps it spin for longer. also, it lends the thing some weight.
>>
>>733923461
You can spin it by holding onto it on the spokes but it's way worse. They're almost useful but I agree they're a waste.
>>
>>733922079
It's not hate, but you get tired of people talking about them EVERYWHERE. Can't you just enjoy shit quietly and stop with the attention whoring for a change? I also dislike the group mentality hypes like these carry with them. Same shit as with Pokemon Go. Everybody's just so happy to be part of a larger movement, but, to me, it's just a reminder that groupthink works. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I don't want any part in it.
>>
>>733922079
They were invented to help Autistic kids and people with anxiety keep from stimming back in the 90's so they are probably perfect for you. Fucking autistic faggot
>>
>>733922079
you are not supposed to hate them, just shut up about them.
>>
>>733922323
Tried to buy one today, but it costs around 15 dollars around here. Fuck my country
>>
>>733923430
What the fuck did I just watch
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.