[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys want some input. I know there are some heavy drinkers

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_4624.jpg (17KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4624.jpg
17KB, 400x600px
Alright guys want some input. I know there are some heavy drinkers out there, and I want to hear what you guys think. I'll keep this short and sweet. I have been drinking almost daily for the past year. Sometimes one or two stiff drinks, sometime a whole bottle. Anyway I've decided I need to cut back big time and possibly not drinking at all for an extended period of time. I know alcohol withdrawal can be fatal, what are the chances going cold turkey after drinking regularly for a year could be fatal? I think I'm getting in my head and freaking myself out.
>>
begin cutting what you drink in half or a quarter and slowly begin for that to dissapate, get a hobby or something like wood working for example
>>
Stick to beer, like the light, pussy shit if you're going to drink. Just get rid of all the hard liquor, the shit you need to get drunk. If you don't drink to get drunk it'll lose its flavor.
>>
File: IMG_4625.jpg (18KB, 236x210px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4625.jpg
18KB, 236x210px
>>733876565
That's kinda what I was thinking. I freak myself out. I was feeling very sick today and convinced myself I was dying from not having a drink. I realized I was freaking myself out so just took some deep breaths eventually felt better. Now after having a single drink I was feeling nacceous, but feel better now.
>>
>>733876454
AA fag here. All day drinker for 5 years. I ended up having to check myself into rehab and going through a nighmare in detox. Dont let it get to that point.
If you cant go a day or two without getting the DTs (the shakes) you need to see a doctor. They have medication that can help ween you off the ethanol. If you cant go an hour without a drink without having the shakes (like me) you need a professional medical detox.
>>
File: IMG_4621.jpg (139KB, 747x734px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4621.jpg
139KB, 747x734px
>>733876813
Not a bad idea. Anyone here go cold turkey? What was your drinking habit like prior to that. Part of me feels it would take many years of addiction to have fatal withdrawal but the anxious fuck living in my head is telling me I'm fucked
>>
>>733876454
nigga you know what to do
cut down until your intake is zero, if you can't do that on your own in a reasonable time you are sick and need a shrink
/thread
>>
>>733876813
I agree with this anon, I did time in the military and whiskey was my best friend, I'd drink a minimum of half a fifth every night and I'd wake up with sleep paralysis and shit, it was scary. I finally stopped after a very bad night and switched to vodka, it was better but still bad. Then I switched to beer so I wouldn't get withdrawals and it worked well but I didn't know how to stop. But if you really want to quit and have some self control grab a 6 pack of 16 ouncers for your first night cutting back. Alcohol is a bitch man. Why do you drink if you don't mind me asking?
>>
>>733876888
anxiety and depression is the most common form of withdrawl. But thats in your head. The physical stuff is when you know it needs to be handled professionally.
>>
>>733877250
That's the road I want to take. I've only had one drink today and I work all night tmw so won't be able to have another drink until prob 7am Sunday. My worry is I have a seizure or something in that time period. Am I just being freaking myself out?
>>
>>733877419
you're just freaking yourself out man
if you only had one drink today and you aren't shaking there's no way you're going to have a seizure
>>
>>733877419
You're freaking yourself out but don't go cold turkey off of liquor dude, pour it out and get some beer.
>>
>>733876454
/bro, as a huge alcoholic myself, I'm telling you sincerely, don't just stop. Some people can, and others die, don't chance it. Taper off over a couple days, suffer the shit feeling you'll surely have, and get better. I wish you luck. If it's too difficult, go to a doctor. You can get through it if you want it.
>>
>>733876454
You wont die, just get really really bored
>>
File: IMG_0132.jpg (875KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0132.jpg
875KB, 1536x2048px
>>733877336
I just don't know if my Habbit was long enough to produce physical symptoms. I feel like I was feeling sick while coming down the other day but part of me also thinks it's all in my head and my anxiety brought on what I took to be as physical symptoms.
>>
>>733877734
Anxiety and nausea are classic alcoholic symptoms, so taper off and feel better.
>>
File: IMG_4449.jpg (91KB, 735x493px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4449.jpg
91KB, 735x493px
>>733877330
Started cuz I enjoy the feeling of a solid buzz, but over the year I just started drinking more and more to the point I could take down a fifth of vodka no problem
>>
>>733877986
Gotcha, my only advice is buy beer to taper off and for the love of god don't get caught drinking and driving
>>
>>733878155
Never do drink and drive, never drink before or at work. Always after work when I have nothing left to do for the day.
>>
>>733878155
fu king this
DUI is fucking brutal
whiny cunts have made it that way
I would rape all of them and their sons with hesitation
ruined my life
>>
>>733876454
It won't be fatal. You'll want it the way a 13 year old wants tits and you will probably feel like absolute shit for a good long while though. Definitely consider getting help, even if you don't really want it.
>>
>>733877734
the anxiety is the worst. see a doctor. he can give you some medication to make it easier. I had panic attacks that made me think I am dying.
>>
>>733878261
How long ago did you get yours?
>>
>>733878261
without****
nigga I would tear that boipucci up
and I'm not even gay
>>
>>733878331
FUCK YOU FBI/NSA/HIROMOOT/FAGGOT CUNT
>>
just quit drinking for a while and then the next time you get drunk you will get really drunk off of nothing because your tolerance will be down.
>>
>>733878261
>>733878331
Also, how did it fuck your life up?
>>
>>733878302
Yeah I'm worried about seeking help. Long story as to why, and I know I have the will power to do it. I'm just worried about if I'm at risk for serious symptoms like seizures and shit.
>>
>>733878388
Nah just wondering how much shit I'm in for but I understand anon
>>
>>733878389
Well the plan is to stop for awhile. I'm just worried complete stopping cold turkey will fuck me up. I typically would drink or a pint or half a pint a night. Recently it's been almost a fifth when not working and half a pint on days I had work the next day. Compared to the drinking habits I've heard from others I feel like my drinking wasn't as severe as a lot of addicts and so Part of me feels seizures and shit like that will be unlikely. But I'm no doctor so I have no fucking idea.
>>
>>733878676
last august not pretty
thousands and thousands of dolllars I do not have
just so they can give me a criminal record instead of jailtime
let's murder every last self-righteous cunt
I didn't even hurt anyone
>>
>>733877111
You ain't going to have a big problem after only a year.

Keep a few beers around if you get edgy. Valium would be even better.
>>
File: 1494876730264.gif (5KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
1494876730264.gif
5KB, 200x175px
>>733878861
You should join DAMM, Drunks Against Mad Mothers.

DUI penalties have gotten out of hand.
>>
>>733879082
I hope your right! Well, we'll see in the next couple of days. Wish me luck, I don't really plan on stopping 100% just getting to a point where I can drink like a normal person. If I'm not capable of drinking like a normal person I guess I stop completely.
>>
>>733878861
It's bullshit man, it's a very unpopular opinion but there are people who drive completely fine if not better while drunk and there are people who drive like absolute assholes who shouldn't have a license sober. Same with weed, I wouldn't drive while high because I'm a nervous wreck and it would be irresponsible but there are others that are perfectly fine to drive while high. I've felt nothing but anger, depression and every other shitty emotion ever since getting into trouble. Even thoughts of an hero. Fuck pigs and the government.
>>
>>733879249
jesus fucking christ, I'll show them and their pretentious asses a real crime
>>
I've been tapering this last week. Got down to about half what I used to drink (400 ml of vodka), then had 150 ml last night and 100 ml this morning. I tell myself I'm trying to taper then quit, but mostly I just did it to prove to myself I could. Now I'm at this spot, and I just don't know what to do.
>>
>>733879536
you're good man
keep up the good work
>>
>>733877419
You're not going to have seizures. That happens after you develop physical dependency. You may well have a drinking problem, and all the alchemy of switching one booze for another is meaningless. One drink equals one drink. Obviously, 12 Oz of vodka is more alcohol than 12 Oz of beer, but one beer has same as mixed drink or glass of wine. I drank a lot daily for years and quit with AA and no DTs, detox, etc. Trick isn't getting clean, it's staying clean long term and being OK with that.
>>
>>733876454
You're not an alcoholic, you fucking faggot. You will not suffer withdrawal.
>>
>>733879686
I can attest to this. At one point I was drinking fucktons of light beer because that's all I could get
>>
>>733879686
That's a comfortin statement, thanks for helping calm my mind. Good job with the sobriety.
>>
>>733879705
Hope your right.
>>
>>733877111
Went cold turkey. Day 1 I threw up for 9 hours straight. About once every 20 minutes. Eventually the up blood. Day 2 shook so bad I could not even stand up. That night I shook and convulsed while slamming my head into my pillow. Convulsions with tongue forced out of mouth and eyes rolling up into my head. About 5 to 7 hours of that shit. Day 3...now the real scary shit happens. Begin seeing things and having horrible nightmares. Auditory shit. Hearing crashing sounds and some little girl laughing. Also my ducking fan kept singing the spice girls song if you want to be my lover...legit if I turned the fan off...the song stopped. Be scared back into drinking to make the pain stop. My advice, don't go cold turkey if you were drinking 1 liter of vodka day like I was. I eventually went to a hospital and it was chill as duck detoxing there.
>>
>>733879249
Yup, generalization at it's finest. "If one dumb mother fucker who's a dumb mother fucker while sober can't drive drunk, the entire world can't. I'm actually glad this happened to me. Gave me a whole new perspective of life honestly. Cops are less than shit. Fucking faggots think they're more than just uncle sams little bitch.
>>
>>733876454
Lock and chain yourself down in a basement (the one you already are works) for a month and ask someone in your circle to feed you.

Or follow his advise >>733877055
>>
>>733880106
And how long were you drinking that amount for?
>>
Question for those who've stopped. At the moment, I'm just constantly bored. Sober or drinking, just fucking BORED. Like, doing everything I used to enjoy, I get NOTHING out of it. Does that go away? How long am I stuck in this shitty cycle?
>>
>>733880309
I'd like to know too because of it doesn't I honestly don't feel like I have much to live for
>>
>>733880285
Couple of years on and off I guess. Sober now. More of just trying to prove a point. If you have physical dependance, you are better off going in for an actual detox. I felt like million bucks after my detox. Also if you can taper and keep drinking in small amounts, then you were never an alcoholic to begin with. If you decide you want to quit and need help, I recommend getting a doctor to prescribe you vivitrol.
>>
>>733880309
Maybe look for new hobbies
>>
cut down by 1 drink every day/two days if you have the resolve to limit yourself. odds are you lack self control and that's why you're in this situation, so you should get creative and only buy/make available the amount you're allotted each night so you don't break your schedule. it will not be easy or fun, but it's a hell of a lot better than quitting cold turkey. chances of withdrawal related health problems will be significantly reduced this way. my advice is to do the majority of your drinking 2-3 hours before bed so you're tired enough to go to sleep. insomnia from withdrawal is a bitch, but it should be largely limited if you follow a strict routine. gl anon, and remember..mind over matter.
>>
>>733880309
>>733880499
It takes time. You have to kinda fake it until you make it. Are you going to any AA or SMART meetings? You might want to take into account that you most likely are suffering from co-occurring issues. I recommend looking into smart. They have online meetings and such as well. It took me a while to begin to enjoy things again. My addiction was so bad that I began to enjoy nothing without the alcohol. Best of luck.
>>
>>733880309
I'm lost too man, I feel like I need something else to get addicted to but everything else that isn't a drug sucks. I was thinking about getting into being a faggot and getting a camera and taking pictures but I just don't have the money to buy a camera. Life's gay and if you fuck up and develop a dependency the faggot ass cucks that work for the faggot ass government will just ruin you.
>>
File: 2525212.jpg (63KB, 1250x664px) Image search: [Google]
2525212.jpg
63KB, 1250x664px
>>733876454
It's true watches at $ 0?
>>
>>733880793
Thanks I think this is what I'll do. I'm just worried for tmw. Can't have a drink until around 7 am Sunday and I only had one drink today and no booze left in the house. So it'll be over 24 hours with nothing. I did that a couple weeks ago and was fine, but we'll see.
>>
>>733876454

Alcohol withdrawals are tough as hell. Only advice anyone should give you is to find a doctor, tell them what you're going through. The first month will be harder than you think. Find a detox facility in your area. They'll give you medication to make sure you are okay. It'll take about a week to get through the initial "pain" of withdrawals.Really though, talk to your doctor, don't ask /b/ how to get clean, lol. Worst place to ask. Good luck.
>>
>>733880959
My problem is that I've ended up stuck in a shitty small town surrounded by hundreds of miles of nothing. I can think of TONS of things I'd love to do, but there's literally nothing here, and I've got no money to move.

Like, I hear people talking about how great it is to wake up in the morning feeling sober and alert and looking forward to the day, and I'm just sitting here thinking "I've got shit all to do today, so it doesn't make any difference to me whether I feel good or like shit."

In some sick way, managing how shit I feel and drinking, but hiding it, has almost BECOME my hobby. It's so fucking dumb.

So now I've been cutting back out of curiosity, and haven't felt any better. If anything, feeling more clear-headed has just made me more aware of how much I hate my situation.

It's infuriating. What a stupid addiction.
>>
>>733880988
just remember when you're finally able to have that drink that you've already detoxed quite a bit by abstaining 24+ hours, so you won't need as much to fight the withdrawal symptoms. count your drinks religiously and make a point of going down one or staying equal each day. drink a lot of water as well, and lay off the caffeine to keep your anxiety levels lower
>>
>>733880309

If boredom is the worst part...consider yourself lucky. spasms, shakes, not sleeping for almost a week. Sweating, freezing until it hurts are withdrawals.
>>
>>733880309
start working out 3-5 times a week, that's the only thing that keeps me normal anymore. natural endorphins are fucking amazing
>>
>>733880988
You know those little 50 ml shots they sell at the liquor store? Grab like 4 or so of those on your way to work. With myself I realized if its there and I know I can have it if I absolutely need it I'm way better off than forcing myself to demonize alcohol. If you get uncomfortable and absolutely have to have a drink it's there and you'll be able to decide for yourself that you don't want it rather than it being forbidden fruit and tempting the shit out of you.
>>
>>733881639
I'm probably lucky in that I'm not in a position to drink enough to get withdrawals. Between hiding it from my wife and my work, I can only drink so much. If I lived alone, god knows what I'd do on the weekends.
>>
>>733881415
Honestly, sounds like you might be suffering from clinical depression. You may have had it before you became an addict or developed it from your addiction. It can go both ways. I was self medicating for my mental illness when I was in active addiction. If you do end up seeking help either get an appointment with a psychiatrist who specializes in addiction. There are plenty out there. If you end up wanting to do an IOP or in patient rehab, I recommend finding one that is dual diagnosis. That way you get help for your addiction and any mental stuff. I went through a program like that myself and I am glad I did. If you are in fact suffering depression, you are unlikely going to be able to quit without treating both issues. I made some assumptions here and if I am wrong ignore me. Good luck, man. Quitting is hard, but it beats liver cancer or getting diabetes.
>>
>>733881958
stop now while you can and deal with the boredom before it gets worse. boredom has a ton of cures, withdrawal can only be cured by booze or benzos..neither of which you want to be dependent on
>>
I didn't read the thread but I can tell you as someone who can put a half a handle of vodka down a night and still get up and go to work the next day, if you have to wonder if your in bad withdrawal, you are fine. If you don't know the tell-tale headache 24 hours out, you haven't experienced withdrawal. 48 hours and you're in the ER and your brain is struggling to process WTF is going on and its only a matter of time before you seizure and maybe/maybe not die. Been there a few times in the past couple years, not fun. They always bring in like 6 people into the ICU room, because they can't have you flopping all around while trying to slam drugs into your IV.. good times.
>>
>>733881958

I understand. I lost one wife already. It's not something that will take a week or so to get through. It's literally training yourself for years to not drink ever again. I quit hardcore opiate abuse..that was easy compared to not drinking. You can't touch even a beer for the rest of your life. Alcoholics, one drink will start the cycle again. Good luck, my friend. I know how you start hating yourself. It's a disease. I've lost so many family members from alcohol and drug abuse. Now I'm going through it after being clean for 2 years. It's hard, but addicts aren't bad people. I know how the suffering feels. I feel your pain.
>>
>>733882589
Have you cut back?
>>
>>733880675
Improve the world?
>>
>>733877734
so much cringe in 1 photo
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.