[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been applying to jobs for like 5 months now I must

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 177
Thread images: 14

File: 1490527248540.gif (155KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
1490527248540.gif
155KB, 600x477px
I've been applying to jobs for like 5 months now
I must have submitted over 150 applications to various local companies, and have only had 3 interviews, each of which went no where

it's getting harder and harder to keep at this, my depression already makes it hard for me to keep a job and now it's interfering with actually even getting one in the first place.

It's become even more difficult now that my phone has been turned off

Is there anyone in the houston area that needs that needs any work of any sort done? I'm experienced with computer repair, but I'm willing to do basically anything right now. I'm desperate.
>>
5 months? Cute.
>>
File: King_of_Gets.jpg (96KB, 535x600px) Image search: [Google]
King_of_Gets.jpg
96KB, 535x600px
>>733869254
Here's some interview tips to make a good impression. This goes for all the NEETs that browse the board.

>look clean, dress in good clothes like a button up shirt and slacks, costs 60-80 dollars at the GAP if you shop right and go to the clearance rack. Don't be afraid to thrift, just don't get things with holes in them. Jeans is acceptable for most small-time positions.
>try to keep your posture straight and your head up. Be very conscious and aware of it. Look your employer in the eye, speak confidently (don't raise your volume but speak clearly)
>always mention you're looking for "advancement opportunities". This basically means that you're willing to work for a promotion, and want to aspire into a leadership position. Always a plus.
>never mention you've stolen anything
>promise them you're a hard worker (this doesn't really mean anything, just applies to confidence)
>don't blow up your resume to look super appealing. If you've been doing grunt work in the past, own it. If you blow up your resume with a bunch of filler words to make yourself look better, your employer will see through that. The exception is for high-end positions in corporations and such, where they're looking for as much FAKE exuberance as possible.
>if you're a girl and good looking, flirting can be helpful, but will give you an unprofessional air and might not get you promotions depending on the manager.
>take a shower and put on deoderant

Not going to guarantee you anything, but this stuff is gold and is the general advice given by hiring managers everywhere! Good luck anons.
>>
File: 1.jpg (37KB, 282x400px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
37KB, 282x400px
its a problem with current ways of job applications. its all online and so many get tossed out with out ever being looking at just by algorithms. And since its so easy to apply places there is a huge glut of GARBAGE so they just toss shit out. You say youve done like 150

maybe 20 were even glanced at by a real person. Instead of massive places that take shit tons of apps just find a place that has a less easily accessible way to apply to. That position is WAAAAAY more likely to have less people applying and more real people reading the apps.
>>
Hit up a temp agency. I run background checks at my job and you wouldn't believe the amount of people that get steady work through them. If you do good enough, you might get hired on by the place the agency sent you to.
>>
Dishwashing! I did it several times in foreign cities to land on my feet. Instant dope connection, free food, beer and buds to hang with. And then that paycheck.

If you want to move up, say so. Tell the owners you want to make salads. Boom, you're a sous. Do it, bitch. And stop showing up for work late.
>>
Jesus you're degree must be in art appreciation.
>>
>>733869254
i want to fuck this bunny
>>
>>733870191
forty keks
>>
>>733869254
Temp? Or Look for Xerox corporation
>>
>>733869254
Find a labour hire company. They take on anyone as long as you're reliable
Don't be a bitch and get your hands dirty
>>
>>733871232
Don't be a bitch, get your hands dirty*
>>
>>733869782
I forgot to mention. Call in about 3-7 days after you sent in your application and ask to speak to the manager. Call early in the morning so there isn't a rush of work to do. This'll bump you up to the people who they consider "qualified" most of the time.
>>
>>733871232
I actually worked for a construction company for 3 years, good honest work but living in texas, I had a heat stroke. Just can't keep going like I used to. Perfectly willing to do it though. been putting in applications to construction contractors
>>
>>733869254
its your local area. Pretty sure if you branch out to states that actually have jobs you would be hire. Salt lake city for example has more jobs than workers. It's crazy here.
>>
>>733869973
This guy. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>733870974
>>733869855
I've done temp work in the past and got fucked over for it, but I will try again
>>733869782
I'm actually pretty good at interviews. I'm very enthusiastic in person
>>733869822
Yeah it makes sense. Feel like it would be more worth it to find the places that do paper applications
>>733870077
No degree. Long story but I haven't been able to get any higher education.
>>733870191
me too
>>733870974
Xerox corporation?
>>733869973
Honestly that sounds pretty fun
>>
>>733869254

What's your skills? What can you do? What;s your resume look like? Depending on the work, are you writing cover letters? Making phone calls? Visiting businesses in person and talking to people/making it known that you're a badass upstanding person that they should hire?
>>
>>733869254
>went no where
>no where
I'm sure your resume is gold to read, one that gets pinned up on HR walls.
Please have an intelligent person proof it for you and try again.
Srsly anon. I'm pulling for you but .... get your shit together.
>>
>>733869254
_ ___'_ __ ____ ____ ______!!
>>
File: chrome_2017-05-26_23-57-59.png (61KB, 611x789px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-26_23-57-59.png
61KB, 611x789px
>>733872166
>>733872123
>>
File: chrome_2017-05-26_23-58-11.png (54KB, 616x793px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-26_23-58-11.png
54KB, 616x793px
>>733872123
>>733872166
>>
Houston job economy has been pretty shit for a while. Millions of illegals and low gas prices. Keep it up OP but consider moving when you get the chance.
>>
>>733872552
>>A big team player
>>big

Did you write this or did you ask a six year old to do it for you?

Get on one of those shitty template websites and use theirs. Also, who has a two page resume? What are you, British?
>>
>>733872716
Words and phrases like "Team Player" and "Synergize" sometimes trigger catches in resume filters
>>
>>733872843
Using such a boring, meaningless adjective like "big" in this sentence would land it into the circular fill in my office...
>>
>>733872488
Fuck m8 you need to put actual skills/shit you know in bulleted format that top part looks barren (ex tcp/ip, soho routers, Microsoft server 2012 r2, etc). Also I hope you have a cover letter. Fix your spacing also it's inconsistent.
>>
>>733872552
Where's your previous experience? Where's your education?
>>
>>733872488
you NEED to put more detail on your Education section.
>>
>>733872978
>>education
>>GED

I think I found your problem. Bad early life choices can severely limit your current prospects... Its an employers market, and you're rotten meat. No one is going to want you.
>>
>>733872488
Not bad. Condense this shit. ONE PAGE. No business gives a fuck about flipping past a staple or bind. Your bullet points should be more like 'SHIT I ACCOMPLISHED' and not 'job responsibility I, job responsibility II.' Less of those accomplishments is much more important than a million mundane responsibilities.

Each bullet point should fill the whole line. Less white space = better. From afar, it looks empty right now.

List out at least your certs, and put your education filed after the work experience. They care more about work than your GED, and that's not a good place to start anyway.

Again, one page, so take that skills section and maybe turn it into a divided table before or after your work section. To make sure it all fits, divid your skills like you are right now, but just list them inline:

"OS proficiencies: Windows (2000/XP/7/8/10, Windows Server (2008..."

Productivity Software Exp.: Microsoft..., Google...,"

You get my point. I would say put your skills before work experience, but up to you.

Seriously, make it fit on one page.
>>
>>733869254
Respect the struggle.
Keep On Keepin On!
>>
>>733872968
Lol no wonder you aren't getting in see I just pulled an employer and only read the first page all your meat is in the second. Pro tip this is really important I hope you see this. Unless you have a lot of years under your belt ONLY USE ONE PAGE DAMNIT!!!! I skimmed your first page and easily dismissed it for not having any unique skills. Combine both and work out the spacing
>>
>>733872552
>Vulnerability Assessment
Ah, you've got VATS I see.
>>
>>733869254
Get started on Freelancing WebDev. Lot of money for easy work
>>
>>733873103
>>733873123
See the problem with that is I was homeschooled by parents who did not give a single shit. I don't have any sort of real education. It's also the reason I can't get into college/uni
>>733873179
Thank you for the advice. I will do what I can to condense it.
>>
>>733872488
>>733872552
What the fuck is this, a two page resume? No one wants two read two pages, and you have plenty of whitespace to make it fit on one page anyway. Hell, your OS and language skills can go one one line each.

When and where did you get your GED? What various certifications do you have? These are questions that potential employers want your resume to answer.

Have you considered enrolling in a local college and taking a few courses? That shows folks that you're looking for advancement, and you can list the courses you take on your resume to add credentials.

Those are a few critiques off the top of my head. Hope it helps!
>>
>>733869254
What part. I'm in SE and my job is gonna be open soon. Sr sys admin
>>
>>733873412

Oh, and make this thing immaculate. Absolutely no grammar mistakes, but for your bullet points, incomplete sentences is fine. Start them with an verb like you are but put it in past tense.

Don't mention anything about "willing to train." You should be talking about how your current skills will contribute to the company, not how you are willing to reap value from the company.
>>
>>733869822
I agree with this guy about the hard to apply for jobs. I applied for a job, and didnt read the application requirements fully, and forgot two mojor things for them. The thing was that the position required an application be mailed to them. I got a call back and an email stating that they wanted me to complete the stuff. After I submitted the stuff, they called for an interview. Unfortunately the position paid too little, and I had to decline, but it is what it is. Most people wont apply for jobs where it is difficult to apply.
>>
>>733873706
Pearland area, who for?
>>
>>733873988
Maritime company. I'm in la porte area.
>>
>>733873621
Oh, and don't forget to cater your resume to the job to which you're applying. If you're looking for a job as a programmer, list your GitHub page and describe some projects that you've worked on. Have sections "Work Experience" and "Project Experience" to make the distinction. Heck, it might even be worth listing your projects first, with your work experience below it.
>>
Kim Jong in will die cracking his neck in a fatal attempt to reach for a donut.he will then shit his pants resulting in a fiery explosion that will kill millions in north Korea tell the world you homophobic faggots.
>>
>>733873988
Though I saw your resume after typing this. Boss probably wouldn't hire you she looks for 8 years or so experience as a sys admin or net admin
>>
File: images (7).jpg (13KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
images (7).jpg
13KB, 197x256px
>>733869254
>Tfw quit one job then got a new one in literally 4 hours time.
Stop being a fucking faggot and do a "shitty" job.
>>
>>733873412
>SE
Well, if your education is shit, DONT PUT IT AS THE FIRST THING PEOPLE SEE ON YOUR RESUME.... not yelling just sayin
>>
File: 1486443015745.jpg (68KB, 531x521px) Image search: [Google]
1486443015745.jpg
68KB, 531x521px
>>733869254

How is it possible you can't find a job in Trumpmerica? He single handedly reduced the jobless rate to negative percentage points within his first 15 hours as president.
>>
>>733873621
>All you autists complaining about 2 pages.
2 pages is standard for a resume. If you dont have enough info to take up 2 pages I literalky throw your resume in the trash.
>>
>>733871799
>>733872605
I don't have anyone tying me down here anymore. I've sort of wanted to move anywhere but here for a long time but my savings are dead and I'm running off of negative money right now.
>>733874295
No problem man, it was worth asking about
>>733874369
I've had it happen like that before, but I did not get so lucky this time around. I'm willing to do literally anything at this point. I went to Home depot and hopped on a truck a few times to do labor a few times as well, but that's too inconsistent to be reliable .
>>733874386
fair enough
>>
>>733874689
Pay someone to fucking fix your resume m8. Its literal shit.
>>
>>733874589

You are the exception.
>>
>>733874589
>2 pages is standard for a resume
>I have never talked to a recruiter ever

One page is standard, fucknuts. OP doesn't have enough for 2 pages, and if he did, that's what a CV is for.
>>
>>733874846
Nah in actuality no one gives a fuck. 2 is standard 1 is fine 3 is too much.
>>
>>733874846
I got my job with a 2 page resume every time.
>>
Disregarding the fact that one oage is standard (not 2+), OP simply doesn't have enough content for two pages anyway.
>>
>>733875164
>>733875028
>>733874989
>>733874952
I'm working on editing mine down to one page now, will post in a bit
>>
>>733872488
GED
7 months
9 months
4 months

This is why you are not getting called back. Tat page shows zero longevity and/or commitment. Sorry anon...
>>
Anon

have you checked craigslist? fellow houstonian here
>>
>>733875413
Looking forward too seeing it! Also don't forget about
>>733873621
and
>>733874190
>>
Houston has a really bad job market. Come up to fort Worth, there's restaurants/ roofing/ Amazon always hireing I'm not sure about tech but Dallas/ Arlington should be good for that. I started working at a BJ's doing dishes for 13 an hour. No previous experience, still in highschool.
>>
>>733875504
I have depression and it makes it very hard for me to keep holding down a job. I'm working with what I have.
>>
>>733875784
I've seen quite a few SE jobs in Austin/San Hambonio too, and I'm in freaking Florida.
>>
Why aren't you guys paying attention to me I have anorexia every day when I wake up I have to have my African slave boy carry me with a bulldozer to my shitter wich is larger then nicki minajs ass.after that I he carrys me to my kitchen were I inject myself with maple syrup along with liquified donuts pizza hot dogs and ice cream. After that I check my diabetes rate and every day it goes up even more. Now many people would see this as bad but I see it as good every time my blood sugar gets higher and higher I scream out in delight as my African slave boy sobs and wonders why I ate his only mother...and his entire family for that matter.when all that's done he carrys me up to my room where I load up pictures of adam sandler and whip my slave boy.i have him dig into the blob that is my body and orally suck my cock wich is smaller than a newborn maggot.after I have given him my sperm.mind you the only food and drink he gets .i shove back into his cage and feed him his own shit when Im bored I hold up pictures of his devoured family and taunt him about how if he dosent suck faster I'll eat him too.when all is done I lay back down to bed slurping a gogurt tube(no kidding it's literally a tube filled with ) and drift of to sleep with dreams of being sodomized by James Cameron so what do you guys do when you wake up?
>>
>>733869254
Have you applied to HostGator? Experience with Linux not required, but is a plus. Customer Service would be good. Computer repair experiece would reflect positively as well.
>>
File: chrome_2017-05-27_00-58-01.png (115KB, 810x916px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-05-27_00-58-01.png
115KB, 810x916px
this is about as small as I can get it I think
>>733875639
>>
>>733876811
Seriously, HostGator should accept that app. We have training classes every two weeks, and are still hiring as far as I know.
>>
Im banning you all hahahhahhahahahahhahhahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaahhaahahhahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahhahaahhahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahaahahhahahahhaahhahhaahhhahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahajhahahaahhahahaahhaahhahaahhhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahaha btw I have gonorrhea and I'm selling 4chans rights to apple wich means its going to be shut down so enjoy it while it lasts faggotshhhhhhhaaahahhahahahahhahahahaahahhahaahhahaahahhaahhahaahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahhahhahaahha I'm married to a man.
>>
>>733876811
there are a couple formating mistakes, I know about them but I was trying to get back before the thread 404'd
>>
>>733876811
As an interviewer, I would mock you to my colleagues for your "synergize well with others" statement.

Delete that shit, dawg.
>>
>>733876811
Already looking much better! Most of my critiques now are minor technical things, but you never know why someone might throw out a resume: keep your font size consistent between the sections (skills font is awkwardly larger), make sure you have the same tyoe of dash separating your dates (yes, seriously), etc. I'm also not sure how I feel about the skills summary section - honestly, you could probably get rid of the whole thing and nothing of value would be lost.
>>
File: onlytransportsmatter.png (272KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
onlytransportsmatter.png
272KB, 512x384px
>>733869254
Sorry about your situation, mind if I ask you for advice?

I have to pick a gift for someone in situation_related.jpg, what would someone in your condition like to receive instead of, say, a book or a music cd? thanks, and good luck
>>
>>733877225
A job reference you asshole
>>
>>733872071
No degree? Well dude there you go what do you expect. People WITH degrees have a hard time finding jobs. Its company policy in a lot of places to have a degree in anything.
>>
>>733877322
>thinking you need a degree to get a job
>falling for the college meme
>>
>>733877322
The IT industry, any IT company with a proper HR department, knows better than to only accept applicants with degrees. In fact, most companies hiring IT have learned themselves that IT degrees are useless. What matters is experience.
>>
>>733869782
>never mention you've stolen anything
>take a shower and put on deoderant
no shit
>>
>>733877322
>People WITH degrees have a hard time finding jobs.
The job market is pretty nice in CS/SE.

>Its company policy in a lot of places to have a degree in anything.
This is true, though internships are still a great way to get proper work experience.
>>
I feel ya op. I used to work on the docks, but now the union is on strike and i'm down on my luck. My gf works at the diner all day and brings home the pay, otherwise we'd be fucked
>>
>>733877225
Honestly? Groceries. or a night out on you. can't remember the last time I got to do something so unnecessary as eating out or having a drink with friends, but once that sort of thing stops, you start to miss it a lot.
>>
>>733869254
I'm in Houston anon. Come over and let me fuck your mouth I'll give you $20 and a bag of David's sunflower seeds.
>>
>>733869254
I've been out of work for 3.5 months. I quit my good paying job (60-90k yr) job with the intent of going into the military. I ended up getting permanently disqualified for medical reasons. I saw a few private doctors that all said I was fine but military said no go sorry.
Tomorrow I'm gonna be waving a sign in front of a business to get a bit of extra cash while I look for something different in my line of work.

Sometimes life throws you a curve ball op.
>>
Come to cypress texas, just near houston. lot of new shit going up so youll get hired somewhere
best of luck op
>>
File: stunning.gif (2MB, 273x240px) Image search: [Google]
stunning.gif
2MB, 273x240px
>>733877605
thanks
>>
>>733871799
Not op but I currently live in Alaska. We're having the worst recession in 40 years with record unemployment etc. I was laid off a few months back and unable to find work, considering moving... Is there decent money in salt lake City?
>>
>>733877565
This sounds noir as fuck
>>733877627
I'm not gay but $20 is $20
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: 1442232415959.png (139KB, 992x1592px) Image search: [Google]
1442232415959.png
139KB, 992x1592px
>>733869254
just be you bro
you don't need to be a wagie
enjoy your freedom
bike around the country
rent a nice house by the beach
lay on the sand
go fishing
>>
>>733877997
Joey, is that you?
>>
>>733877997
make sure he use a condom

>>733877994
don't leave Alaska
Alaska is awesome
just live off the land, catch some fish, shoot some moose
>>
>>733869254
Get in touch with someone in the company before you even bother applying. You're at a huge, huge disadvantage if you don't have an internal recommendation (which really just means an employee who bumps you to the top of the pile through the internal system).
>>
>>733877997
>This sounds noir as fuck
sometimes we just gotta hold on to what we've got cause it dont make a difference if we make it or not, we've got each other and that's a lot, so just give it a shot
>>
>>733877214
Thank you for looking at it anon, I hope I can keep working at this and be able to afford to do the things I want to do again and not have to rely on friends to not be homeless

I for a moment feel hopeful, thank you
>>
>>733878222
Alaska is ridiculously expensive to live and the economy is in shambles. I'm currently paying 700$ a month for a 20x10 cabin 25 minutes outside of town. Only people who really live off the land are the natives in villages up north. But they even they get fat checks from the oil companies each year.
>>
>>733877499
Nobody gets a degree in IT (i.e. Information Technology). It's either computer science or computer engineering. And anyone without a degree applying for that type of job has to do A LOT more to prove themselves to the company than someone with a degree.
>>
File: Alaskan_Home.jpg (44KB, 667x363px) Image search: [Google]
Alaskan_Home.jpg
44KB, 667x363px
>>733878346
Shit, why is the rent so expensive?
I mean, I get why food and other goods would be but not rent. Is demand so high for housing?

Also I thought all Alaskan citizens got that oil check.
>>
>>733878346
yeah it costs about the same to get a 1br apartment in houston as well. Is that particularly high?
>>
>>733877522
>733877522
people are incredibly retarded
>>
>>733878111
>Not contributing to society
Confirmed leech.
Someone has to do the dirty jobs.
Imagine if everyone just did what they wanted to in life. Yes, people would be happier, but society would cease to function.

Sacrifice for the 'greater good.'
>>
>>733878299
Good luck! Seriously, we all have our ups and downs, but we must never give up!
>>
>>733878599
also money is nice
>>
>>733878346
That not expensive at all. To responsibly afford that, you only have to make $28k per year.
>>
>>733878499

Meh, it depends on what the position is for. I about a week away from having 3 job offers. A lot of HR depts put a degree requirement on their job listing, but when it comes to programming, a lot of CS grads DONT have the skills necessary to do the job. You get a ton of theory but not practical experience in the field, so my experience working on actual projects is way more valuable.
>>
>>733878659
Yea, that too.
>Those who do not work or are not seeking work confirmed leeches. (Barring disabled ppl.)
>>
>>733877997

what part of houston you live i have jobs that might be perfect for u
>>
>>733878878
Only if you can prove and articulate it. A degree (rightly or wrongly) absolves an applicant of some (but not all) of that burden.
>>
>>733878691
well...
assuming someone is making min wage it would take almost 2 weeks pay to kill off that rent.
Then you factor in gas for vehicle, expensive imported food and other shit...

But if you had a job paying closer to 20 an hour you'd be fine I guess.
>>
>>733879093
I live in Pearland
>>
>>733876811
>>733877214

to build on what that anon said, you can make your skills section even smaller. Like I said earlier, it doesn't have to be

SECTION NAME
bullet point
bullet point

Use a nice two column table and divide the left and right field into:

Section name | skill I, skill II, skill II
Section name | skill I, skill II, etc...

That will shrink that section by half, at least. Also, switch to past-tense verbs in work experience.

Otherwise, big improvement, anon! I'm rooting for you.
>>
>>733879177

i didnt read ur first post do u have a car?
>>
>>733870077
>Makes fun of degrees
>Can't use the right your
>Shiggydiggy
>>
>>733879290
I drive my roomates old car, my car has been repo'd since I lost my job. It's reliable though
>>
>>733879111

Yeah, but if you can't articulate your experience, you're doing something wrong or lying about how much you have. I can almost guarantee, companies will care more about how well you speak about your subject and how well you perform on their challenge projects than whether you've got a CS degree or not, unless you're going into some really math-intensive, technical field that requires the theory.
>>
>>733879145
That's just what the recommended threshold is. Lots of people (most actually) don't meet that. It's certainly possible to afford that making ~$20k per year. But you won't have much left over after rent and other necessary expenses.
>>
>>733879390

do you know that a courier is ? u would pretty much just deliver medicine to nursing homes i could put you on stats always need stat drivers
>>
Dude, although you might not be able to get into Uni or college, you can also take very specific courses on general jobs things.
Just knowing a bunch of programming languages and knowing computer stuff will not get you very far in the whole market, only a little bit in the already saturated IT market.
Try to get a job at some walmart, and maybe learn to work as a painter, a plumber, or maybe construction. Maybe even mc donalds
I know it's not a lot, but once you finish these courses, you can maybe get a job as a plumber that may give you more than minimum wage.
Now your problem is getting money, THEN it should be working on something you like
>>
>>733879394
I think you misunderstand the pervasive, almost universal, personality type of CS inclined people.
>>
>no one wants to hire me because I need at least 1 year experience in my area

Fuck this country
>>
>>733879608
Those "requirements" are pretty much never actually true.
>>
>>733869545
this
>>
>>733879608

yea most shit is shit
>>733879458
im waiting nigga
>>
would u like to apply for csat solution? or something called Internash Global Services LLC
>>
I've been unemployed since 2002, laid off from Boeing.
Lived on savings, picked up misc work from repairing computers to sign shops.
Been living with parents, taking care of them as grow old and sick.
Was doing well for a few years selling painting, sculpey figures, jewelry (handmade from casting metal, have my own kiln)...
Around October last year everything fell to shit. No sales, money depleting, previous customers no longer buying.
About time to start improving the employment pool by killing off as many people as possible. Should be easier to get a job when the world population is back below 5billion.
>>
want a job no bullshit anon?
>>
https://houston.craigslist.org/wri/6148522370.html
>>
>>733879458
>>733879720
I'm very willing. I'm a pretty good driver, as long as there is some sort of per diem
>>733879723
I could
>>733879804
Very much no bullshit, jesus fuck I'm tired of being poor
>>
think he might of killed himself he was replying to me but stopped nigga dont wanna work
>>
>>733879598

I have first-hand experience in exactly what we are talking about right now, and I'm surrounded by "CS inclined" people every day. Trust me, I realize that non-CS workers can be looked down upon by those with degrees, but it makes me laugh because many of them still have to go through a training program to get their coding skills up to snuff.
>>
I don't understand this idea that you can't find any work. The gig economy is a thing. Do some TaskRabbit shit.
>>
become a taxi driver. youll make $200-300 a day. Thats what im going to do.
>>
>>733879848
email me [email protected]
>>
>>733879848

as a courier you would be a contract driver. its not per diem its u get payed per assignment type deal minimum is 20 bucks but u live in pearland no idea where in pearland though are u close to the beltway 8? the closer the better since u would get to pharmacy fast and w.e i need drivers that live close to pharmacy.
pay can be as high as 200 for 1 stat but u would be driving alot of miles like i said u would be a contractor.

examples are like this
>>
>>733879859
Then your company is fucking up. I work at a large tech company in Silicon Valley, and this is barely a problem at all. They hire tons of fresh college grads. Only a tiny, tiny percentage of engineers there don't have a degree.
>>
>>733880229
>>733880083
me nigga whats that sound like 2 u
>>
>>733879859
This is an overplayed myth. Anyone who went through a CS degree and actually wanted to be doing it or liked it built up their skills and did projects outside school on top of their coursework.
>>
>>733880259
I am very down, how do I get started?
>>
>>733880112

That's where you get your mentality: not everywhere is like Silicon Valley.

>>733880276
I didn't say all, but many do. You're right, but it's actually kind of a sad fact.
>>
>>733880314

how far do you live from hobby airport?
mile wise and will ur friend actually let you run his car alot ? since its not urs.
>>
>>733878517
>>733878525
>>733878691
That is the lowest I could find. If I were closer to town it would be 900-1000 easy. My last apartment was 950 for a one bedroom in anchorage. Then factor in food having to be imported, high utility bills etc and its very very expensive. A bit higher than Hawaii which is traditionally toward the highest in the nation.
>>
>>733880393
There isn't a single market in America where tech companies prefer to hire people without degrees, all other things being equal.
>>
>>733878517
They recently cut the pfd to 1000 a month. Rent is expensive because although there is a ton of land most building materials have to be shipped up. The government also owns a ton of land in the state so it severely cuts down on what is available.
>>
>>733875144
dope ass pussy man
>>
>>733880448

I live about 15 miles from the airport,
I'm not sure if he would mind, but any lead I can follow right now is worth attempting
>>
>>733880571
The amount available land is not an issue in Alaska.
>>
>>733880603
u will have to change his break pads and oil often
>>
>>733880933
That's not how brake pads work.
>>
>>733880603

drop me an email

[email protected]
>>
>>733880603

yea maintanince on car is a must man u gonna put tons of miles on it migt need to get ur own but potential money is there its not for everyone thats for sure since u drive ur own car if nothing else goes right just apply to shit on graigslist or construction
>>
>>733869254

would you really suck dick for 20? i need to bust a load
>>
>>733881673
honestly my threshold would probably be like $200
sorry bud
it feels like it wouldn't be worth the risk for $20
>>
>>733881673
not him but where u live dogg ;)
>>
>>733881828

what about to take it in the ass?

post pic
>>
Look into cell site integration.

Get to travel while company pays for your gas and hotels, make a decent amount if you don't have a degree, plus making $18 an hour while barely doing any work is dope.
>>
>>733881883

post pic dawg? east houston
>>
File: edgy boy.jpg (149KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
edgy boy.jpg
149KB, 1200x900px
>>733881943
I'm an ugly boy
>>
this is crazy since.

just look on graiglist for money stay away from commission jobs. and uber. and you should be diddly
>>
>>733869254

how disparate are you ? would you do something illegal? i need you to beat up this 14 or so yo girl i got address and everything deal?
>>
>>733882549
Maybe, but I'm not willing to hurt anyone. I'm desperate but I still have morals
>>
>>733882649

gay
>>
>>733858055

this thread better
>>
the bar i work at needs cooks and barbacks. richmond area, west of houston. only requirement is having a pulse and not being retarded.
>>
>>733882980
Which bar?
>>
>>733883119
BLUR BAR
>>
>>733869254
At least you're having better luck then most. Statistically speaking only one out of 200 applications are hired.
>>
>>733869822
Yeah my GF was going through applications for jobs for her boss and they had over 150, only a handful actually had credentials. The job is basically assistant manager and she was getting resumes like

>Applicants name
>Work experience:
>Taco Bell, 1 year
>Walmart, 2 years
>Email + Phone number of applicant

Shit gets overwhelming flooded. You also have companies designed to get other businesses looking for jobs thousands of resumes. Competition in the job market is way more intense than it ever was because of online applications. That's why it's great to apply in person whenever you can. Or know someone.
>>
>>733883318
https://youtu.be/YTBiy_2w3u0
nice
>>
>>733883535

work is work mate
>>
can you look after children?
https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=ded61954afa9dff9&from=serp
>>
http://m.snagajob.com/job-seeker/jobs/job-details.aspx?postingid=42253833&oq=full+time+live+in&featured=1&item=3&promo=1&searchid=fd82ce97-c99b-ad83-2923-309eff9741ee
>>
>>733883747
they wont hire men all men are pedophiles in childcare
>>
>>733883119

>>733883318
not me lmao

bar called throwbacks. im quitting soon since im moving so there'll even be an opening semi soon. literally just walk in and ask for an app.
>>
I have no idea what this is but it looks cool
http://m.snagajob.com/job-seeker/jobs/job-details.aspx?postingid=41385839&oq=full+time+live+in&featured=1&item=6&promo=1&searchid=ce2ced75-1390-a1af-e158-536b59504386
>>
File: MAGA.png (365KB, 1242x1178px) Image search: [Google]
MAGA.png
365KB, 1242x1178px
>>733883619
I guess I can apply, not really my scene but you're right, work is work
>>733883534
Yeah I kinda feel like mine fits into that area of being pretty much completely useless.
>>733882251
I tried going and applying for shitloads of jobs on craigslist once and I didn't get a single reply, but I'll go for it again
>>733881985
I'm looking into it but there doesn't seem to be anything entry level offered around here, I'll look into the specific companies and give them a call later

Alright anons. I'm getting pretty tired
I very much appreciate the help tonight, it has given me a lot of hope for the future

I hope you all have a great night.
>>
>>733869545
>>733879711
>understands OP's plight but still implying not he's worth thread's time
>>
>>733884004
>throwbacks
Actually yeah that looks much nicer. I will actually go in and apply for that. Good place to work?
>>
Go apply at Whole Foods Market. They are always looking for people to work in the prepared foods section. Its fast paced and a lot of work plus you deal with rich asshole. Most people can't handle it but the pay is great. If you're really serious go there. Trust me OP its the best chance. Hell, check for dishwashers and night stocking crew. Grueling work but the pay makes it worth it
>>
>>733877322
>go to school to get degree
>apply to several jobs
>"you have a degree, but we're looking for someone with real experience"
>never get real experience because you need experience to get a job, and need a job to get experience.
>feelsbadman.jpg

The climate right now is ridiculous for anyone coming in at entry level... no matter what degree or skills you've built up, if you don't have a reference or someone who knows a guy to get you in.

Vocational/trade school seems to be much better for someone trying to actually land a job relatively quickly.
>>
>>733877766
Congratulations, you played yourself
Thread posts: 177
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.